PDA

View Full Version : mlb beason

rugbythug
10-18-2012, 02:47 PM
At some point NFL teams are going to be more like baseball and dump for the next year. beason is a guy i would be willing to gamble on. We only have few years to make a run. If hes healthy later in the season he could get us over the hump. Send 4th for him.

swaiy
10-18-2012, 02:51 PM
What if he is not? Wasted pick. Dude is having some knee problems right now

supermanhr9
10-18-2012, 02:52 PM
AGREED!

BroncoInferno
10-18-2012, 02:52 PM
I doubt it happens, but it would make some sense. The Panthers just drafted Kuechly who can play in the middle if they move Beason. And, of course, he has that connection to Fox.

BroncoMan4ever
10-18-2012, 02:56 PM
At some point NFL teams are going to be more like baseball and dump for the next year. beason is a guy i would be willing to gamble on. We only have few years to make a run. If hes healthy later in the season he could get us over the hump. Send 4th for him.

How often do in season trades really happen? Also how many years and how much money does he still have coming? He does have knee issues

cutthemdown
10-18-2012, 03:01 PM
I'd rather trade for a player who is healthy and playing well. Usually in baseball you dont get to dump injured players, you dump stars for picks.

If some team wants to dump a bonafide linebacker stud for a 2nd round pick then go for it. But he should be young, and playing well right now.

cutthemdown
10-18-2012, 03:03 PM
How often do in season trades really happen? Also how many years and how much money does he still have coming? He does have knee issues

I think he has a good point that with deadline extended out, what we knew before could change. You are right up to this point there hasnt been a lot of in season trades that were big news. But the owners extended the deadline because it looks like they want to do that.

We could see 3-4 trades this yr. Especially if a division rival makes a move you think you have to answer, we could see a few of them.

rugbythug
10-18-2012, 03:03 PM
What if he is not? Wasted pick. Dude is having some knee problems right now

If there was no risk they wouldn't trade him.

bronco militia
10-18-2012, 03:05 PM
old and white...yeah, I'm sure he's already on the Broncos radar

bronco militia
10-18-2012, 03:08 PM
my bad...I was thinking of Dan Morgan ;D

Chris
10-18-2012, 03:10 PM
old and white...yeah, I'm sure he's already on the Broncos radar

Jon Beason is white? I looked at 100 photos and in every one he is black. Maybe if I keep looking...

bronco militia
10-18-2012, 03:12 PM
Jon Beason is white? I looked at 100 photos and in every one he is black. Maybe if I keep looking...

see previous post

swaiy
10-18-2012, 03:15 PM
If there was no risk they wouldn't trade him.

You been watching the Panthers? Beason hasnt been 100% at all from the looks of things. There is even a slight chance he could be placed on IR

Chris
10-18-2012, 03:21 PM
see previous post

it's cool i was initially thinking you meant ed mccaffrey

bronco militia
10-18-2012, 03:22 PM
it's cool i was initially thinking you meant ed mccaffrey

kaylore is not amused Ha!

uplink
10-18-2012, 03:25 PM

Its a quantum mechanical phenomena. When ever you look he is black, when you are not looking he is white but you'd never know it since he turns to black when ever you look.

Drunken.Broncoholic
10-18-2012, 03:29 PM
We get bit in the horses ass gambling on injured players. Look no further than our fallen hopes on Warren.

Drunken.Broncoholic
10-18-2012, 03:31 PM
my bad...I was thinking of Dan Morgan ;D

Dan Morgan is a white man name, as is Jon Beason. Understandable to confuse his race.

Irish Stout
10-18-2012, 03:39 PM

I don't agree with this, considering all the cap room issues that arise in the NFL. I mean, there might be some dumping, but it won't be like volcanic diarrhea dumping, more like constipated deer pebble splatterings.

rugbythug
10-18-2012, 03:48 PM
We get bit in the horses ass gambling on injured players. Look no further than our fallen hopes on Warren.

The one who started in the afc championship game?

Drunken.Broncoholic
10-18-2012, 03:58 PM
The one who started in the afc championship game?

The one who asked for a raise and is now out of football for the 3rd straight year.

cmhargrove
10-18-2012, 03:58 PM
20 posts, and no one with the obligatory "throw them Moreno" quote?

Moreno + bag of Funyuns for Beason + a stale Twinkie.

DBroncos4life
10-18-2012, 04:13 PM
I would rather go for Hawthorne from the Saints. Hopefully Vilma can play and then they have a huge lock jam at LB. They have Hawthorne playing OLB when he is healthy.

Chris
10-18-2012, 04:21 PM
Its a quantum mechanical phenomena. When ever you look he is black, when you are not looking he is white but you'd never know it since he turns to black when ever you look.

Deep. Some motha****in CERN ****.

Dan Morgan is a white man name, as is Jon Beason. Understandable to confuse his race.

What if I were to tell you that my middle name was D'Brickashaw?

Br0nc0Buster
10-18-2012, 04:22 PM
Moreno for Keuchly and a 1st

We are preserving his trade value by not playing him

Br0nc0Buster
10-18-2012, 04:28 PM
I thought Beason had that Michael Jackson skin disorder

Only the reverse

He grew skin pigment

rugbythug
10-18-2012, 04:53 PM
The one who asked for a raise and is now out of football for the 3rd straight year.

You mean 1st straight year since he played in 2011. And is a 10 year vet with 35 plus sacks from the dt spot. He is also the best dt to play in Denver since 05.

cmhargrove
10-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Moreno for Keuchly and a 1st

We are preserving his trade value by not playing him

Can we just stop with these unrealistic trade ideas already?

Lance Ball + a soda pop for Patrick Willis and a Harbaugh signed football.

BroncoMan4ever
10-18-2012, 05:06 PM
I think he has a good point that with deadline extended out, what we knew before could change. You are right up to this point there hasnt been a lot of in season trades that were big news. But the owners extended the deadline because it looks like they want to do that.

We could see 3-4 trades this yr. Especially if a division rival makes a move you think you have to answer, we could see a few of them.

True about the deadline changes. I just think it is unrealistic to think a guy you trade for in the middle of a season will make that big of a contribution. It is more a trade for the folkowing season.

Drunken.Broncoholic
10-18-2012, 05:21 PM
You mean 1st straight year since he played in 2011. And is a 10 year vet with 35 plus sacks from the dt spot. He is also the best dt to play in Denver since 05.

Nope. I mean the Warren who is soft like an undercooked Eggo.

gunns
10-18-2012, 06:15 PM
You been watching the Panthers? Beason hasnt been 100% at all from the looks of things. There is even a slight chance he could be placed on IR

Beason is a beast when healthy. Comparable to Willis. He had 4 excellent years, then got hurt last year and missed most of the season. If there is any chance he recovers fully, a 4th for him would be a steal....and make almost forget Maroney.

And he is definitely NOT a white man, in case anyone is color blind.

KipCorrington25
10-18-2012, 06:47 PM
He was once the next Ed McCaffrey but now he's not.

rugbythug
10-18-2012, 08:00 PM
Nope. I mean the Warren who is soft like an undercooked Eggo.

Ahh I see. This is a personal issue for you. Carry on, I will stop interjecting reason and facts into your vendetta.

DivineLegion
10-18-2012, 08:01 PM
Beason Isn't getting traded for a 4th. I want whatever you guys are smoking! You want a top three MLB for a 4th? Lol

Drunken.Broncoholic
10-18-2012, 08:05 PM
Ahh I see. This is a personal issue for you. Carry on, I will stop interjecting reason and facts into your vendetta.

I don't know if you are joking are serious. Anyone defending Ty Warren has to be joking

swaiy
10-18-2012, 08:06 PM
Beason is a beast when healthy. Comparable to Willis. He had 4 excellent years, then got hurt last year and missed most of the season. If there is any chance he recovers fully, a 4th for him would be a steal....and make almost forget Maroney.

And he is definitely NOT a white man, in case anyone is color blind.

Im not denying his awesomeness. I just dont see the point in trading for an injured player in the middle of the season.

bowtown
10-18-2012, 08:10 PM
You mean 1st straight year since he played in 2011. And is a 10 year vet with 35 plus sacks from the dt spot. He is also the best dt to not play in Denver since 05.

FYP.

Also when did he play in 2011? Or 2010?

Also he only has 20.5 sacks on his career.

rugbythug
10-18-2012, 08:17 PM
FYP.

Also when did he play in 2011? Or 2010?

Also he only has 20.5 sacks on his career.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/2551/gerard-warren

I found this by using an internet Search function. www.google.com

With out looking I guarantee he out produced every other DT we had since 05.

bowtown
10-18-2012, 08:24 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/2551/gerard-warren

I found this by using an internet Search function. www.google.com

With out looking I guarantee he out produced every other DT we had since 05.

LOL Wut? Sorry I didn't realize we were suddenly time warped back to 2006. Pretty sure he's referring to the DT Warren that is currently on our team and who asked for a raise in the offseason and is in fact on his 3rd consecutive season on the bench.

I deduced this by using context and my reading comprehension skills.

Bmore Manning
10-18-2012, 08:25 PM
I would rather go for Hawthorne from the Saints. Hopefully Vilma can play and then they have a huge lock jam at LB. They have Hawthorne playing OLB when he is healthy.

Broooooo... Are you starting to agree with me on a player I asked for soon as I joined this forum.

swaiy
10-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Lol i thought we were talking about Ty Warren.

rugbythug
10-18-2012, 08:28 PM
LOL Wut? Sorry I didn't realize we were suddenly time warped back to 2006. Pretty sure he's referring to the DT Warren that is currently on our team and who asked for a raise in the offseason and is in fact on his 3rd consecutive season out of football.

I deduced this by using context and my reading comprehension skills.

My bad I missed that. *Goes to get Verizon phone to look smart about football*

Bmore Manning
10-18-2012, 08:39 PM
I dropped two names since I joined this forum.. David Hawthorne and Larry Grant. Both could be had very reasonably, Hawthorne would be an athletic Mike or an upgrade at WLB. He signed with NO for 5 years and for peanuts.

Grant is behind Willis and Bowman. Grant played amazing when Willis was hurt last season. Check out his pre season action against us. He would be a phenomenal acquisition. I'd lean with Grant, he has tremendous upside, and would come more reasonable. In fact I think we could move Mays and a later draft pick for Grant.

Otherwise you have to go all in on Te'o, because there aren't FA quality MLB options..

bronco militia
10-18-2012, 08:49 PM
lmao...this thread is full of fail.

my bad

Vegas_Bronco
10-18-2012, 09:16 PM
We need a nasty villain type mlb...eat babies and spit on wrs type.

extralife
10-18-2012, 09:45 PM
At some point NFL teams are going to be more like baseball and dump for the next year.

this has never happened

Br0nc0Buster
10-18-2012, 09:47 PM
wait, Warren Moon played for the Broncos?

bronco militia
10-18-2012, 09:50 PM
this has never happened

we will see...they moved the trade deadline to week 8

DBroncos4life
10-18-2012, 10:03 PM
Broooooo... Are you starting to agree with me on a player I asked for soon as I joined this forum.

;D Mays regressed to the point we need to do something fast.

broncosteven
10-18-2012, 10:39 PM
20 posts, and no one with the obligatory "throw them Moreno" quote?

Moreno + bag of Funyuns for Beason + a stale Twinkie.

Your close it should read: KM + Twinkie + Tab for Beason.

If we pulled that off keep away from the exploding oil cans!

Kinda vauge old movie reference...

maven
10-18-2012, 11:00 PM
Ut oh, he went to UM!

He's a drunk! A murderer!

Stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mediator12
10-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Beason is stud like Bob Sanders. Problem is they spend too much time out to make a real difference in a defense or be worth a dime in a trade. Great player, who never plays. Totally not for this at all.

SleepingTiger
10-19-2012, 02:34 PM

number 18 says hi :wave:

swaiy
10-19-2012, 02:44 PM

Warren trumps that by a longshot. How he is getting paid to sit for three years is absolute robbery.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Warren trumps that by a longshot. How he is getting paid to sit for three years is absolute robbery.

He got hurt, he's not sitting cause he's lazy. Blame the Broncos for taking the risk, not the guy who is benefiting.

SleepingTiger
10-19-2012, 02:53 PM

feel bad for Warren. his last 2 injuries are freak injuries. at least these he can recover 100% from these injuries.

swaiy
10-19-2012, 02:59 PM
He got hurt, he's not sitting cause he's lazy. Blame the Broncos for taking the risk, not the guy who is benefiting.

Im not saying hes lazy. More of a slight on him not wanting to take a pay cut. I mean, i wouldnt want someone to cut my pay either but... its not me thats paying him lol

DENVERDUI55
10-19-2012, 03:34 PM

Except everyone knew that PM would play at a top level again. If he wasn't capable of it he would of retired. Denver did their due diligence with him working him out. Apples to oranges and the orange is it is never a good idea to give a boat load of money to a fat man especially an injury prone one.