PDA

View Full Version : Rahim Moore No Missed Tackles

Action
10-18-2012, 11:43 AM
Thomas Decoud has missed a tackle every 3.6 attempts, and Michael Griffin has missed one every 3.8 attempts. Rahim Moore perfect on 37 tckls

Steve Palazzolo
@draft_hub

broncosteven
10-18-2012, 11:59 AM
Didn't they replace him with Leonhard early?

swaiy
10-18-2012, 11:59 AM
I guess cleaning up after the LBs make a mess is considered terrible play by most people on these forums.

Action
10-18-2012, 12:09 PM

Broncos run a lot of 3 safety packages.

LRtagger
10-18-2012, 12:11 PM

Leonhard came in for Adams after he got in a fight with Gates

Moore has been solid this year although I thought he was supposed to be this ball hawking safety that could create turnovers coming out. Havent seen that from him - I think hes actually dropped 1 or 2 INTs this year.

2KBack
10-18-2012, 12:13 PM

Moore has been solid this year although I thought he was supposed to be this ball hawking safety that could create turnovers coming out. Havent seen that from him - I think hes actually dropped 1 or 2 INTs this year.

He has shown steady improvement though. If that keeps up I would expect to see a couple turnovers from him. Also it would be nice to know we have one steady guy back there.

I hate Mike Adams with a passion

broncosteven
10-18-2012, 12:32 PM
He has shown steady improvement though. If that keeps up I would expect to see a couple turnovers from him. Also it would be nice to know we have one steady guy back there.

Adams is fine, Moore was a liability in the Patsy game but he has played a little better just not good enough to start.

Nwp-Apap
10-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Adams is fine, Moore was a liability in the Patsy game but he has played a little better just not good enough to start.

Wrong. Moore is much better than Adams, and has played that way in every game this year.

2KBack
10-18-2012, 12:54 PM

You know that Moore does start right? Are you saying that is only because we don't have anyone else?

It was Adams that bust coverage in the Houston games to put us in the early hole. Moore has had lapses, but non so glaring as Adams....who is a goddamn 9 year vet and not getting any better.

Action
10-18-2012, 01:11 PM

Only 3 players on the defensive end played 100% of the snaps.

Champ Bailey
Woodyard
Rahim Moore

SleepingTiger
10-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Only 3 players on the defensive end played 100% of the snaps.

Champ Bailey
Woodyard
Rahim Moore

Wow, Champ at his age still one of the best defenders in the league. He would be the best person on our D if it wasn't for 58.

LRtagger
10-18-2012, 01:23 PM

Totally agree - Mike Adams sucks. Was going to add him to my avatar after Gates abused him.

The difference is Adams is a journeyman placeholder while Moore is supposed to be our future at the position. He is definitely improving - hopeful he can become a difference maker in our secondary.

cutthemdown
10-18-2012, 01:29 PM
Moore is getting better and better. He still has that 3rd yr coming up where players usually make the biggest jump and put it all together. I think he is going to work out for the Broncos and be a decent starter for us at the FS spot.

Br0nc0Buster
10-18-2012, 01:52 PM
Moore has definitely improved from a year ago

Hopefully he can now take that next step and start forcing some turnovers
Seems like he now is doing better at getting to the right spot, just needs to capitalize and make the pick

BroncoMan4ever
10-18-2012, 02:04 PM

1 or 2 a game like the first 3 weeks of the season.

ZONA
10-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Moore is getting better and anybody with a brain can see that. He's still reading a few things late but at least his tackling has been very good. He should continue to improve with more consistent game time, which he is getting this year.

cutthemdown
10-18-2012, 02:57 PM
Moore has definitely improved from a year ago

Hopefully he can now take that next step and start forcing some turnovers
Seems like he now is doing better at getting to the right spot, just needs to capitalize and make the pick

Safety a tough position to play. So much realestate out there and the players are so fast. Moore found out that its not like college where his speed makes up for poor reaction and play diagnosis. Last yr I think he just started running when the ball snapped, often found himself out of position for the play. This yr I watched some all-22 film at brothers house and you can see him not taking off so fast. You know deciding where he should run before just running.

I agree with you he has gotten better. Players usually get better all the way until yr 3 so if he takes another step he should be a really good player for us. When he takes that step he will start getting the picks.

cutthemdown
10-18-2012, 02:59 PM
Moore is getting better and anybody with a brain can see that. He's still reading a few things late but at least his tackling has been very good. He should continue to improve with more consistent game time, which he is getting this year.

I think what you are seeing is the coaching catching up. He may be a little slow like you said, but its because hes trying to read the play before he just turns on the burners and runs himself the wrong direction, or gets out of position.

On a few plays though he came up hard and stopped some plays that he would not have done last yr.

Too bad about Quenton Carter. Would have been huge to have both of them learning together instead of a journeyman like Adams back there. Oh well maybe next yr.

Chris
10-18-2012, 03:11 PM
Was Moore responsible for the gates TD over the middle? The other guy (was it Leonhard?) looked at him as if he was.

DarkHorse
10-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Moore is far better than Adams could ever be. Good to see him "getting" it this year.

MagicHef
10-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Other Broncos with at least 10 tackles and no missed tackles:

Brooking
Wolfe
Dumervil
Bannan

pricejj
10-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Rahim is on the cusp of beasting.

If D.J. can come in and pick up where he left off, we're looking good.

Too bad Ty Warren was hurt early...this would be a killer Defense.

broncosteven
10-18-2012, 03:43 PM
You know that Moore does start right? Are you saying that is only because we don't have anyone else?

It was Adams that bust coverage in the Houston games to put us in the early hole. Moore has had lapses, but non so glaring as Adams....who is a goddamn 9 year vet and not getting any better.

I know I meant he is good depth but should not be a starter. I don't see what everyone sees in this guy. Terrible in run support, wiffs on tackles and can't cover.

outdoor_miner
10-18-2012, 03:47 PM
I know I meant he is good depth but should not be a starter. I don't see what everyone sees in this guy. Terrible in run support, wiffs on tackles and can't cover.

??? - See Thread Title?

swaiy
10-18-2012, 03:52 PM
??? - See Thread Title?

Lol ???

ZONA
10-18-2012, 04:09 PM
I think what you are seeing is the coaching catching up. He may be a little slow like you said, but its because hes trying to read the play before he just turns on the burners and runs himself the wrong direction, or gets out of position.

On a few plays though he came up hard and stopped some plays that he would not have done last yr.

Too bad about Quenton Carter. Would have been huge to have both of them learning together instead of a journeyman like Adams back there. Oh well maybe next yr.

I agree and really, if we can be totally honest, quite possibly besides the fact of a rookies coming into the NFL and adjusting to the speed of the game, the next hardest thing is to learn the new offense or defense. We've had so much turnover for the longest time, especially on defense. Hopefully JDR stays for several years and our young players, hell even our vets, can gel together better. Because while you still need talent, playing together as a unit and being on the same page is so under estimated. People are just so quick to say this player is not doing this or that. In some cases, you can clearly see fundamental flaws, such as Mays over pursuing and taking bad angles but there is a disconnect when you have the kind of coaching turnover we've had.

Lestat
10-18-2012, 05:27 PM
i still wonder how much his progression was slowed by that hit and fine last season. he just seemed to fall off a cliff after that. he was doing so well before then.

he's improving greatly each week but it's kinda frustrating to not see him getting picks since he was a ball hawking FS in college(though if the trade off is much better tackling i can deal with it).

Bacchus
10-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Totally agree - Mike Adams sucks. Was going to add him to my avatar after Gates abused him.

The difference is Adams is a journeyman placeholder while Moore is supposed to be our future at the position. He is definitely improving - hopeful he can become a difference maker in our secondary.

Gates is one of the best TEs in the league. What did he have 4 catches? and Adams tackled him right on the spot everytime. He was harrdly abused. He fought hard out there.

Inkana7
10-18-2012, 05:30 PM

Please adjust your TV to 2012.

broncosteven
10-18-2012, 05:49 PM
??? - See Thread Title?

LOL

I know but he didn't play the full game!!! I have seen him falling off tackles like a rag doll in games all year.

This stat is skewed because he had a fraction of the playing time.

broncosteven
10-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Moore is far better than Adams could ever be. Good to see him "getting" it this year.

I don't see it. I think Adams is our best Safety so far this year. I thought our D got better and we totally confused Rivers AFTER Moore got benched and slow honkey Leonhard came in.

I don't think he is a Marquand (SP) Manual bad but I don't think he is a quality NFL safety.

Safeties are supposed to tackle.

Is this thread an inside joke kind of thing where during the bye week you guys are doing Raheem is the Dreem (intentional) thread?

MagicHef
10-18-2012, 06:08 PM
LOL

I know but he didn't play the full game!!! I have seen him falling off tackles like a rag doll in games all year.

This stat is skewed because he had a fraction of the playing time.

Rahim Moore has been in on 98% of the Broncos' defensive snaps. That's more than anyone else.

At some point, maybe you should just stop.

MagicHef
10-18-2012, 06:09 PM
I don't see it. I think Adams is our best Safety so far this year. I thought our D got better and we totally confused Rivers AFTER Moore got benched and slow honkey Leonhard came in.

I don't think he is a Marquand (SP) Manual bad but I don't think he is a quality NFL safety.

Safeties are supposed to tackle.

Is this thread an inside joke kind of thing where during the bye week you guys are doing Raheem is the Dreem (intentional) thread?

Perhaps you do not know which player is which. Moore played every single snap against the Chargers.

broncosteven
10-18-2012, 06:28 PM
Perhaps you do not know which player is which. Moore played every single snap against the Chargers.

I am pretty sure even Kahn said he got benched after the personal foul. We must have been playing 3 safety sets all night or they put Leonhard in the nickel but I don't remember Leonhard being out there until after the PF.

titan
10-18-2012, 06:32 PM
Moore has been the opposite of what I expected. In college he had a good number of interceptions (led the nation in 2009 with 10). I thought he'd be a good safety in coverage and not so much of a tackler.

So far he's been a good tackler and we're still waiting for his first pick. I agree he is improved this year.

KipCorrington25
10-18-2012, 06:37 PM
Too bad Ty Warren was hurt early...this would be a killer Defense.

We got 4 plays out of him why the complaints? :spit:

DENVERDUI55
10-18-2012, 06:37 PM
I am pretty sure even Kahn said he got benched after the personal foul. We must have been playing 3 safety sets all night or they put Leonhard in the nickel but I don't remember Leonhard being out there until after the PF.

The real question was did you watch the game. Go look at boxscore and see what safety got the PF.

Lestat
10-18-2012, 06:48 PM
why is it an issue? Adams got a personal foul for throwing some potential hay makers at Antonio Gates.

broncosteven
10-18-2012, 06:56 PM
The real question was did you watch the game. Go look at boxscore and see what safety got the PF.

I didn't say he caused the PF just that he got benched for Leonhard after it, or they decided to play 3 safety sets or had Leonhard in the nickel, even though Carter played a lot also.

Victor
10-18-2012, 07:11 PM
Moore is getting better??? Better than what? Dude is bad. You can't polish a turd.

broncosteven
10-18-2012, 07:16 PM
Moore is getting better??? Better than what? Dude is bad. You can't polish a turd.

Finally a voice of reason!

Agamemnon
10-18-2012, 07:57 PM
The inability of many on this board to make the simplest assessments of player performance never ceases to astound. Rahim Moore is a much improved player this year. And he certainly isn't a "turd".

swaiy
10-18-2012, 08:03 PM
The inability of many on this board to make the simplest assessments of player performance never ceases to astound. Rahim Moore is a much improved player this year. And he certainly isn't a "turd".

Nope, he sucks. Even though he has played 98% of the defensive snaps, he was benched. He whiffs on so many tackles that the first post was a lie. No way he has improved from last year even though he is consistently saving the linebackers' asses when they cant bring down the runningbacks making it to the second level. My God he sucks so bad. ROFL!

Bacchus
10-18-2012, 08:06 PM

This whole defense is faster than last year plus their is a lot of young talent. This is good.

DENVERDUI55
10-18-2012, 08:21 PM
I didn't say he caused the PF just that he got benched for Leonhard after it, or they decided to play 3 safety sets or had Leonhard in the nickel, even though Carter played a lot also.

Did Moore get benched or Adams? Seemed to me it was Adams but all three played in the game quite a bit after.

MagicHef
10-18-2012, 08:51 PM

I don't know what to tell you. Moore played 79 out of 79 snaps, the same as Champ. Harris played 78, Adams played 67, Carter played 41 and Leonhard played 37.

If anyone got benched, it wasn't Moore.

Lolad
10-18-2012, 08:52 PM
Did Moore get benched or Adams? Seemed to me it was Adams but all three played in the game quite a bit after.

It was Adams who got benched.

broncosteven
10-18-2012, 08:59 PM
I don't know what to tell you. Moore played 79 out of 79 snaps, the same as Champ. Harris played 78, Adams played 67, Carter played 41 and Leonhard played 37.

If anyone got benched, it wasn't Moore.

I was going to rewatch this one anyway.

To get back on topic Moore is improved over last year but he still has a long way to go to be a complete safety. He is the weak link in the secondary as far as coverage.

Bacchus
10-18-2012, 09:16 PM
It was Adams who got benched.

He only missed 11 snaps the whole game... NO ONE GOT BENCHED

Bigdawg26
10-18-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm slowly starting to believe Rahim Moore is the new DJ Williams. No matter how good of a game he has.. It's never good enough. He has been our most solid safety so far, but he gets little credit. People said he was to small and couldn't hit... He hasn't missed a tackle yet and comes up to hit. Then it was he was lost in coverage, and he really hasn't been out of coverage. Now it's he doesn't get the turnover! I bet you he will end the season with at least 3 picks this season, but he just has to get more comfortable.

Action
10-18-2012, 09:26 PM

Mike Adams was benched for the rest of the quarter after the personal foul, the announcers even indicated it during the game.

After the foul, the Chargers ran 12 more plays before the half was over... Adams played 63/75 defensive snaps.

Bacchus
10-18-2012, 09:28 PM
I'm slowly starting to believe Rahim Moore is the new DJ Williams. No matter how good of a game he has.. It's never good enough. He has been our most solid safety so far, but he gets little credit. People said he was to small and couldn't hit... He hasn't missed a tackle yet and comes up to hit. Then it was he was lost in coverage, and he really hasn't been out of coverage. Now it's he doesn't get the turnover! I bet you he will end the season with at least 3 picks this season, but he just has to get more comfortable.

He has been solid, but he hasn't done anything yet. Once he gets that first pick people will give him more credit.

Broncos4Life
10-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Monday night in San Diego, Leonhard replaced starting strong safety Mike Adams for part of the second and third quarters. It was during that time Leonhard, all 5-foot-8 of him, wrestled a deep pass away from 6-4 tight end Antonio Gates.

Read more: Broncos' gamble on four free-agent keepers provides big payoffs - The
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21806322/wired-plenty-vets

END THREAD

DENVERDUI55
10-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Monday night in San Diego, Leonhard replaced starting strong safety Mike Adams for part of the second and third quarters. It was during that time Leonhard, all 5-foot-8 of him, wrestled a deep pass away from 6-4 tight end Antonio Gates.

Read more: Broncos' gamble on four free-agent keepers provides big payoffs - The
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21806322/wired-plenty-vets

END THREAD
There was only one guy arguing who Leonhard replaced despite all the evidence.

Broncos_OTM
10-19-2012, 10:41 AM
lol broncossteven you should be a politician. hilarious

Mediator12
10-19-2012, 11:12 AM
Thomas Decoud has missed a tackle every 3.6 attempts, and Michael Griffin has missed one every 3.8 attempts. Rahim Moore perfect on 37 tckls

Steve Palazzolo
@draft_hub

Link?

Who is Steve Palazzolo? And why is his information correct? I have already documented missed tackles for Moore and I have only graded 2 games on him to date.

Very few players have no missed tackles, if at all, with that many chances. I do not trust non-football people with a stat like this becuase very often they do not understand the definition.

I want to review his claim.

Mediator12
10-19-2012, 11:21 AM
So, Steve Palazzolo is a multiple discipline Stats guy who writes for PFF. OK, now I go back and watch what I graded to see if he is full of it.

Smiling Assassin27
10-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Ed Reed tackles people just by thinking about it.

Dedhed
10-19-2012, 11:45 AM
Moore ...has played a little better just not good enough to start.

He's started all year. The coaches clearly aren't afraid to put him on the bench if his play isn't acceptable, so I'm not sure how you reconcile the fact that he is the starter with your above statement.

People on Moore's case are sniffing glue.

Smiling Assassin27
10-19-2012, 11:48 AM
He's started all year. The coaches clearly aren't afraid to put him on the bench if his play isn't acceptable, so I'm not sure how you reconcile the fact that he is the starter with your above statement.

I think people are let down by Moore because he was billed as a big play guy and ball hawk, which we have not seen to this point, for whatever reason. Be honest though, he ain't a pro bowler by any means but is rounding into a solid starter and seems to be trending up, not down.

Mediator12
10-19-2012, 11:50 AM

Or, they actually know how to grade tape. Moore has not played at all like a starting safety in the NFL to date. Is he better than last year, maybe. He is a lot more careful and much more conservative. He has not given up a deep ball all year that I have seen, but he did seem to blow the coverage on the Gates TD up the seam when he got looked off and did not cover the deep middle in cover 3.

Just because he was in no position to play the ball, does not mean he did not blow the coverage. Hard to miss tackles too if your not where your supposed to be and can not even get to the ball carrier either.

Agamemnon
10-19-2012, 01:47 PM
This thread is incontrovertible proof that a solid 25% of the people on the OM are mentally retarded.

Action
10-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Link?

Who is Steve Palazzolo? And why is his information correct? I have already documented missed tackles for Moore and I have only graded 2 games on him to date.

Very few players have no missed tackles, if at all, with that many chances. I do not trust non-football people with a stat like this becuase very often they do not understand the definition.

I want to review his claim.

I have every single Broncos game this season on tape and I've watched all of them.

Please point to me what game, quarter and time he missed a tackle.

swaiy
10-19-2012, 01:53 PM
Or, they actually know how to grade tape. Moore has not played at all like a starting safety in the NFL to date. Is he better than last year, maybe. He is a lot more careful and much more conservative. He has not given up a deep ball all year that I have seen, but he did seem to blow the coverage on the Gates TD up the seam when he got looked off and did not cover the deep middle in cover 3.

Just because he was in no position to play the ball, does not mean he did not blow the coverage. Hard to miss tackles too if your not where your supposed to be and can not even get to the ball carrier either.

Grade tape? ROFL!

What are your credentials? If he hasnt played like a starting safety, how is he still on the field? Do you have a real reason to dislike him or will it forever be "the dream" that puts your undies in a twist. Grade tape... lmfao

Lestat
10-19-2012, 02:07 PM
This thread is incontrovertible proof that a solid 25% of the people on the OM are mentally retarded.

it's more than 25% and this was evident during the draft.

LRtagger
10-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Gates is one of the best TEs in the league. What did he have 4 catches? and Adams tackled him right on the spot everytime. He was harrdly abused. He fought hard out there.

He had 6 catches and 2 TDs. EASILY his best game of the year. He had no TDs in their first 5 games.

cutthemdown
10-19-2012, 02:22 PM
He had 6 catches and 2 TDs. EASILY his best game of the year. He had no TDs in their first 5 games.

Yeah but when you let teams start drives in the redzone it makes it tough to stop players like gates. Especially when Gates always gets up to play Denver. Often with great players you need chances to stop them all the way down the field. To be put in a situation where its stop the guy or he scores, and you have to do it at the very start of a drive, that is pretty tough to deal with.

How would you like to go up against someone like Gates when any pass you give up is probably a TD. That is why field position and not turning the ball over is so important.

If you played football you would know you can often do everything right, read the play, cover your man, be in good position, then a great throw negates all that and your guy catches the ball anyways. Coaches often dont deduct from your play in those situations. WHat they look for is players being where they are supposed to be, and making the plays they are supposed to make.

Not sure if any of gates TDS really on the man guarding him. They just couldnt make a play in a tough situation.

broncosteven
10-19-2012, 02:37 PM

So he missed 11 snaps all game. I admit to being wrong for assuming he was benched but he missed about 10% of the game and it wasn't due to injury so he is either not in football shape or the staff does not feel confident with him not out there in certain situations.

Med knows more that I will ever know and he agrees with my take on Moore's play this year I am confident that what I see out of him is accurate and I will stand by it.

You guys happy now?

LRtagger
10-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Yeah but when you let teams start drives in the redzone it makes it tough to stop players like gates. Especially when Gates always gets up to play Denver. Often with great players you need chances to stop them all the way down the field. To be put in a situation where its stop the guy or he scores, and you have to do it at the very start of a drive, that is pretty tough to deal with.

How would you like to go up against someone like Gates when any pass you give up is probably a TD. That is why field position and not turning the ball over is so important.

If you played football you would know you can often do everything right, read the play, cover your man, be in good position, then a great throw negates all that and your guy catches the ball anyways. Coaches often dont deduct from your play in those situations. WHat they look for is players being where they are supposed to be, and making the plays they are supposed to make.

Not sure if any of gates TDS really on the man guarding him. They just couldnt make a play in a tough situation.

I agree the turnovers put the defense in a tough position, but Gates was able to get 2-3 yards of separation from Adams at will. It's the reason (IMO) that Adams snapped towards the end of the half. Adams has had trouble covering almost every TE he has been asked to cover - its not just Gates in the redzone after a turnover.

Adams did a good job recovering and making the tackle but my god Gates was open by 2-3 yards on almost every catch he made.

His second TD I dont think Adams was even on the field - pretty sure he had been yanked at that point and that one was on Leonhard/Moore, but that first TD was absolutely embarrassing for Adams.

swaiy
10-19-2012, 02:41 PM
So he missed 11 snaps all game. I admit to being wrong for assuming he was benched but he missed about 10% of the game and it wasn't due to injury so he is either not in football shape or the staff does not feel confident with him not out there in certain situations.

Med knows more that I will ever know and he agrees with my take on Moore's play this year I am confident that what I see out of him is accurate and I will stand by it.

You guys happy now?

Adams missed 11 snaps... not Moore. Hilarious!

broncosteven
10-19-2012, 02:42 PM
lol broncossteven you should be a politician. hilarious

I recently joined the board for the friends of our local library, does that count cause I have been pretty good at it so far.

broncosteven
10-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Grade tape? ROFL!

What are your credentials? If he hasnt played like a starting safety, how is he still on the field? Do you have a real reason to dislike him or will it forever be "the dream" that puts your undies in a twist. Grade tape... lmfao

If I remember right Med does consulting work and rehab for NFL teams.

broncosteven
10-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Adams missed 11 snaps... not Moore. Hilarious!

Hard to pick him out when Leonhard, Carter, Champ, Harris and even Adams are making plays. Moore was like a ghost to me.

Maybe I would remember him more if he defensed a pass every now and then but there is that blown coverage to Gates that you can prove to me when he was on the field.

swaiy
10-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Hard to pick him out when Leonhard, Carter, Champ, Harris and even Adams are making plays. Moore was like a ghost to me.

Maybe I would remember him more if he defensed a pass every now and then but there is that blown coverage to Gates that you can prove to me when he was on the field.

Honestly, i was just helping you get your facts straight before someone that cares enough to call you on it arrives. You see what you want. I remember Moore making a few important plays that game. They werent flashy interceptions but he MADE tackles that youve repeatedly said he has missed to stop huge gains.

broncosteven
10-19-2012, 03:05 PM
Honestly, i was just helping you get your facts straight before someone that cares enough to call you on it arrives. You see what you want. I remember Moore making a few important plays that game. They werent flashy interceptions but he MADE tackles that youve repeatedly said he has missed to stop huge gains.

I don't remember criticizing his tackling, my problem is people blowing smoke up his ass like he is the 2nd coming of Atwater. Dude has a way to go to be a complete safety. You have to expect an NFL Starting safety to make tackles they are the last level of defense.

BTW I am already getting called on my mistake. Problem is I wouldn't have made that mistake if he wasn't getting out played by a slow aged backup we just picked up this year. With Carter on IR Moore is the now the weak link in the secondary.

I hope the kid gets better, I like it when we have quality starters that don't suck. He has shown improvement but it is not like he deserves a props thread for tackling.

DENVERDUI55
10-19-2012, 03:21 PM
I have every single Broncos game this season on tape and I've watched all of them.

Please point to me what game, quarter and time he missed a tackle.

Julius Jones in the Atlanta game. Sure he made the tackle but it was past where he had to make it and the game was ended. What he needed to do was not hesitate so much break on the ball and trust his read. His awareness of the sticks was bad that play because giving up a long completion was the same result as a gain one inch past first down. There is an example of one play where he got credit for the tackle but that tells nothing about the result of the play which was game over.

broncosteven
10-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Julius Jones in the Atlanta game. Sure he made the tackle but it was past where he had to make it and the game was ended. What he needed to do was not hesitate so much break on the ball and trust his read. His awareness of the sticks was bad that play because giving up a long completion was the same result as a gain one inch past first down. There is an example of one play where he got credit for the tackle but that tells nothing about the result of the play which was game over.

Well said

baja
10-19-2012, 05:05 PM

you can't be new to the forum with 2011 posts. ;D

Action
10-19-2012, 05:31 PM

Let's recap.

1. This thread is about Rahim Moore having 0 missed tackles.

2. I asked for a situation where Rahim Moore MISSED a tackle, "whiffed" a tackle.

3. You gave me a situation where he made the tackle.

4. The situation you gave me was BLOWN COVERAGE by Tony Carter. That play was well discussed on here, and it was quite obvious it wasn't Rahim Moore's fault. He was not responsible for that area of the field, on top of the fact that every WR was supposed to be man-pressed.

Action
10-19-2012, 05:40 PM
Let me also add, that, unless you have the all-22 view, there is no way you could see that Rahim Moore hesitated on that play due to the fact that he was running towards Julio Jones as the ball was in the air.

http://imageshack.us/a/img33/7821/screenshot20121019at437.png

Notice Tony Carter up there? Realizing he ****ed up? Doesn't matter though, people will just make stuff up about Rahim Moore and players they don't like.

errand
10-19-2012, 06:12 PM
Broncosteven - Adams is fine, Moore was a liability in the Patsy game but he has played a little better just not good enough to start.

Nwp-Apap - Wrong. Moore is much better than Adams, and has played that way in every game this year.

Gues this is like Miller Lite commercial...Tastes Great! Less Filling!

I'll just say that if our safeties are our team's leading tacklers, our defense needs a little help be it new blood or better play overall by the DL and LB's

jutang
10-19-2012, 07:31 PM
I feel that more has improved significantly this year. He still has a lot to learn. He is not reached his potential at this point. Hopefully similar to Beadles he will have a breakout year by his third or fourth year.

Mogulseeker
10-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Broncosteven - Adams is fine, Moore was a liability in the Patsy game but he has played a little better just not good enough to start.

Nwp-Apap - Wrong. Moore is much better than Adams, and has played that way in every game this year.

Gues this is like Miller Lite commercial...Tastes Great! Less Filling!

I'll just say that if our safeties are our team's leading tacklers, our defense needs a little help be it new blood or better play overall by the DL and LB's

I think Moore is going to be a solid starter/elite backup. Less than what was expected of him, but I think he'll be alright. Last year he was good against the pass and terrible against the run... he's obviously worked on his tackling, but he's not as good at coverage. Lets combine the two and he'll be good.

DENVERDUI55
10-19-2012, 08:51 PM
Let me also add, that, unless you have the all-22 view, there is no way you could see that Rahim Moore hesitated on that play due to the fact that he was running towards Julio Jones as the ball was in the air.

http://imageshack.us/a/img33/7821/screenshot20121019at437.png

Notice Tony Carter up there? Realizing he ****ed up? Doesn't matter though, people will just make stuff up about Rahim Moore and players they don't like.

Like I said a good safety comes up and makes that tackle. Playing deep guarding the deep throw does you know good when the team needs 6 yards. I was showing you what a stupid stat 0 missed tackles is. That is as bad as guys saying DJ gets 150 tackles a year.

teknic
10-19-2012, 09:14 PM
Like I said a good safety comes up and makes that tackle. Playing deep guarding the deep throw does you know good when the team needs 6 yards. I was showing you what a stupid stat 0 missed tackles is. That is as bad as guys saying DJ gets 150 tackles a year.

You're assuming that Jones was Moore's responsibility on that play in order to negatively grade him. I find that very unlikely. More likely that he was cleaning up for someone else's mistake.

Action
10-19-2012, 09:52 PM

No, a GREAT safety POSSIBLY makes that play, not a "good" safety. You'd literally have to have either Ed Reed or Troy Polamolu running in on that play, and that COULD have had a chance assuming they read it correctly, etc...

You must be joking with thinking that missed tackles is a stupid stat...especially for a safety.

Missed tackles was one of the biggest plagues of the Broncos defense for like the last decade.

While I see what you're saying that tackles might not be the greatest stat, but there is a correct way to use that stat... it does show how often that the defender is around the ball regardless if it's on time or not.

Point in case, check the top 5 leaders in tackles in the NFL, and you have some of the top LB's in the league.