PDA

View Full Version : Redskins vs Giants

TheReverend
10-17-2012, 04:09 PM
Alright guys, we're on the bye so let's take the week enjoying the second best team in the league taking on the Superbowl Champs.

RGIII goes wild through wide open running lanes in passing drops against an over-aggressive Giants DL?

The Joker
10-17-2012, 04:43 PM
I reckon this week that Shanny is going to play himself at RB, just to annoy Alfred Morris' fantasy owners.

Mike then has 18 carries for 78 yards and 2 TD's, including a game winning dive play from the one yard line with six seconds left on the clock.

Action
10-17-2012, 04:44 PM
lol Giants win this game... that dline is not letting a 1-read rookie QB beat them.

Tombstone RJ
10-17-2012, 04:53 PM
Gotta go with the Giants on this one. Of course, this is the NFL so they could totally lay an egg. It would be a huge win for DC, especially after the ass kicking the Giants put on the Niners. I'd actually love to see Shanny pull off a win but I just don't think the Skins can match up with the Giants, especially if the Giants are on a hot streak.

TheReverend
10-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Mike's gonna make sweet, sweet love to Perry Fewell all. night. long.

OBF1
10-17-2012, 05:12 PM
I am going to throw up all over the place... Shanny is long gone kids, hate to be the one to break the news to you. If/When he makes the skins good, he will pull a shanny and tear the team, ownership and city apart.

Washington is not in the top half of the league, let alone #2, sarcastic maybe, but you never know with some of the shanny nut huggers around this place who buy into that kind of crap.

Excellent bait Rev :thumbs:

go_broncos
10-17-2012, 05:15 PM
When was the last time shanny coached team beat manning brothers?..
I still remember the game when Eli beat us in the last second few years back.
That game was the turning point of his career..

TheReverend
10-17-2012, 05:18 PM
When was the last time shanny coached team beat manning brothers?..
I still remember the game when Eli beat us in the last second few years back.
That game was the turning point of his career..

Week 15, last year.

Literally the last time they played each other.

Bacchus
10-17-2012, 05:19 PM
Alright guys, we're on the bye so let's take the week enjoying the second best team in the league taking on the Superbowl Champs.

RGIII goes wild through wide open running lanes in passing drops against an over-aggressive Giants DL?

Don't let Longhorn see this thread or we'll have to read al his tanahan hate.

go_broncos
10-17-2012, 05:25 PM
Week 15, last year.

Literally the last time they played each other.

yeah..ok..once in how many games?..
he struggles against them.

TheReverend
10-17-2012, 05:32 PM

Okay. Again Sept 11th in the season opener.

They swept the Giants last year.

Not doing so well in this conversation, are you man?

ludo21
10-17-2012, 05:39 PM
I wouldn't be shocked to see RB 3 go crazy and beat the Giants, especially if the DL gets crazy and out of their lanes.

But Eli and their Offense is too good...

ColoradoDarin
10-17-2012, 05:40 PM
Giants. Because I need a ton of points from Eli this week in FF (my top 3 RBs are all on byes).

crush17
10-17-2012, 05:40 PM
Giants win easy. They are the best team in the league imo.

2KBack
10-17-2012, 05:41 PM
Shanahan has an offense again finally...now he can potentially coach a team his first winning season since 2006. Before he fires Haslett.

cutthemdown
10-17-2012, 05:47 PM

I hope so I have to start him in fantasy football. My qbs are studs this yr, Matt Ryan and RGIII. SO unfortunatley i haven't gotten RGIII biggest games. Hopefully he has one this week.

I think he gets about 200 yrds passing, with maybe 1 td. Then another 50 yrds rushing with a TD. Not sure they can beat the Giants though.

menonite
10-17-2012, 05:54 PM

....but other than that, what have the Romans ever done for us?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-17-2012, 07:27 PM

Stupid REV and your stupid FACTS. GOSH.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-17-2012, 07:28 PM
....but other than that, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Suppose we made a large, wooden badger...

Kaylore
10-17-2012, 11:35 PM
I would love to see RGIII bushwack Coughlin into a frenzy.

Lycan
10-17-2012, 11:49 PM
I can't root for Washington. Unless they are playing OAK, KC, or SD, screw them.

I love Shanahan but until he leaves the Redskins he's dead to me.

errand
10-18-2012, 01:30 AM
lol Giants win this game... that dline is not letting a 1-read rookie QB beat them.

Exactly ..... 'nuff said

Stagger Lee
10-18-2012, 05:56 AM

Holy cow dude. Seriously?

cmhargrove
10-18-2012, 06:55 AM
Giants.

RGdreads is probably going to get another concussion.

TheReverend
10-21-2012, 12:32 PM
Redskins up 13-10 at the half

Indeed

SoCalBronco
10-21-2012, 12:52 PM
Fred Davis may be done for the year. That's after losing Orakpo and another starter. Very unfair.

RhymesayersDU
10-21-2012, 12:53 PM
Need more Morris! #fantasy

Rock Chalk
10-21-2012, 01:01 PM

You might be right, but right now that one read rookie is holding his own.

fontaine
10-21-2012, 01:29 PM
Mike still a crazy gambler, going for it on 4th and 3!

fontaine
10-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Eli looks like Matt Cassel in this game.

TheReverend
10-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Jaw dropping pass. Amazing.

broncocalijohn
10-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Sweet throw by Griffin. How I hate the NY teams. Still time for Manning to win this thing. 4th and 10 was brilliant. Great rookie playing like a vet.

TDmvp
10-21-2012, 02:00 PM
LOL @ Skins secondary ... and I wanted them to win .

TheReverend
Holy crap...

gunns
Oh hell yes Cruz! And no, he is not on my fantasy team.

Those two wins by Redskiins over the Giants last year were Shanny's SB. Giants had their own SB.

TDmvp
10-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Holy crap...

lil bit

TDmvp
10-21-2012, 02:02 PM
Oh hell yes Cruz! And no, he is not on my fantasy team.

Those two wins by Redskiins over the Giants last year were Shanny's SB. Giants had their own SB.

/rolls eyes

ROFL!

broncocalijohn
10-21-2012, 02:04 PM
WTF? I switched over to the Bucs game (they just scored) and I see Griffin huddling up. Thought there was a turnover until I saw TDMVP's post. I guess if Shanny gets another chance, he goes more offense next season...

Just like that, game over.

TDmvp
10-21-2012, 02:05 PM
:spit:

Fumble-rusky

TheReverend
10-21-2012, 02:11 PM
AMAZING game.

go_broncos
10-21-2012, 02:14 PM

As i said, manning brother owns shanny..

TheReverend
10-21-2012, 02:15 PM

Believe me, NOTHING is "as you said". We proved that last page.

broncocalijohn
10-21-2012, 02:25 PM

see you went singular instead of plural.

Broncos are not playing. At least we know you don't have any withdrawals.

Lestat
10-21-2012, 02:46 PM
that 4th quarter was amazing. non stop suspense.
once they get some more help and weapons for RGIII he'll do very well for them.

Garcon being out hurts them a lot, they need him healthy badly, especially with Davis on crutches now.

errand
10-21-2012, 03:06 PM
Holy crap...

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

RedskinBronco
10-21-2012, 03:28 PM
Redskins have no defense; that's the issue. An average defense or a little above average D and this team is scary good. THAT is how ridiculous RGIII is. I thought it was over hype but the guy is quickly becoming one of the most dominant, if not the most dominant, player in the league. He can just do it all.

The redskins are in for some great years if they don't eff it up and actually acquire decent guys. They don't even need star receivers, just solid guys and they need to start by getting a secondary that isn't a ****ing joke.

All that being said, I was never a fan of Shanahan in Denver and I will never be.

Giants fans are scared, they see the writing on the wall. Despite 4 turnovers, the skins still should have won the game. The Giants certainly won't be looking forward to coming to FedEx Field later this season.

Finally, a postgame quote...

Justin Tuck on RGIII: "I'm really mad at the football gods for putting him in the NFC East. He's going to be a headache."

go_broncos
10-21-2012, 03:36 PM
that 4th quarter was amazing. non stop suspense.
once they get some more help and weapons for RGIII he'll do very well for them.

Garcon being out hurts them a lot, they need him healthy badly, especially with Davis on crutches now.

As long as shanny is their coach, they won't win as he doesn't know how to improve the defense.

RedskinBronco
10-21-2012, 03:44 PM
As long as shanny is their coach, they won't win as he doesn't know how to improve the defense.

Don't forget that he isn't that great at adjustments. Remember all those post Elway era games where the Broncos had a 2nd half lead but they would get shutdown and collapse and blow 4th quarter leads?

Shanahan had no clue back then and it's not like he discovered something along the way. He and his son are stubborn and I don't think they survive here, much less win a SB here.

The pressure will be on next season. If they don't make the playoffs, Shanahan and son are gone.

peacepipe
10-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Don't forget that he isn't that great at adjustments. Remember all those post Elway era games where the Broncos had a 2nd half lead but they would get shutdown and collapse and blow 4th quarter leads?

Shanahan had no clue back then and it's not like he discovered something along the way. He and his son are stubborn and I don't think they survive here, much less win a SB here.

The pressure will be on next season. If they don't make the playoffs, Shanahan and son are gone.

AS long as RG3 developing,shanahan is safe. they'll just fire haslett.

RedskinBronco
10-21-2012, 03:54 PM
Oh forgot one word for Mr. Justin Tuck...KARMA

Football Gods are not going to do you any favors when your piece of **** owner is an unprofessional, cheap bastard that tries to bring down the Cowboys and Redskins with his little salary cap gate BS.

Blame your owner, Tuck.

SoCalBronco
10-21-2012, 04:15 PM

Hey moron,

He had a very good defense in Washington the last few years and was going to have one this year until they lost Orakpo and the the starting end, Carriker. Guess who drafted Ryan Kerrigan? Shanahan. And now they just lost Fred Davis and they still almost won at NY, who just raped SF last week in SF. How bout some perspective.....or would you rather go back to the Jim Zorn era...or the Steve Spurrier era?

I'm glad you don't like him, because you don't deserve him. He just brought you the most dynamic QB you ever had. That was his big decision. He's the exec VP. You are nothing but a sniveling, ungrateful POS fan. Washington is having a pretty good year and they would have been even better with a healthy Orakpo. Washington has a good chance of being a playoff team despite all these injuries, but keep crying. Idiot.

RhymesayersDU
10-21-2012, 04:17 PM
Boom, roasted.

Lestat
10-21-2012, 04:25 PM

i'm not a fan of Shanny the GM but Shanny the coach is just fine.
they lost their best defensive player and arguably one of the top 5-10 players on D in the game in Orakpo. that's a huge loss, you take Champ off our D(knocks on wood like a mother) and we wouldn't look the same either.

the main thing that will hurt them is what they gave up for RGIII.
that won't give them much room for error in the draft going forward.

TheReverend
10-21-2012, 04:26 PM
Repped so hard SoCal

go_broncos
10-21-2012, 04:29 PM
i'm not a fan of Shanny the GM but Shanny the coach is just fine.
they lost their best defensive player and arguably one of the top 5-10 players on D in the game in Orakpo. that's a huge loss, you take Champ off our D(knocks on wood like a mother) and we wouldn't look the same either.

the main thing that will hurt them is what they gave up for RGIII.
that won't give them much room for error in the draft going forward.

Shanny player's always gets hurt every season..
Might be his bad luck..
Regarding RG3, it's his first season..Let's wait and see.
Last year, cam newton also played well.

Shanny needs to retire..He concentrates too much on offense..ignoring the defense..

extralife
10-21-2012, 04:31 PM

I dunno, I think he's got two rings that might say something about his ability to win.

I guess they don't count though, because he had good players. You're only a real coach if you win multiple super bowls with crappy players.

It amazes me how many idiotic Broncos fans hate Shanahan. Look, I get it, you were born in 1999, but those two trophies at Dove Valley weren't donations.

menonite
10-21-2012, 04:34 PM
I'm going to wait until Lonestar weighs in on this before i make up my mind.

SoCalBronco
10-21-2012, 04:43 PM
Shanny player's always gets hurt every season..
Might be his bad luck..
Regarding RG3, it's his first season..Let's wait and see.
Last year, cam newton also played well.

Shanny needs to retire..He concentrates too much on offense..ignoring the defense..

Do you enjoy being a flat out liar?

Shanny's players always get hurt? Where would the Broncos be if they lost Von this year? Orakpo is their version of Von.

Spoiler Alert :We wouldn't be in a happy place.

And their star TE, and their starting DE and their high priced FA WR who has been hurt on and off. And now someone is bitching because they barely lost at NY and are still in the thick of it? They are having a very good year and Shanny's gamble on moving up for RG3 looks like a royal flush.

And yes, he's totally ignored the defense....because the defense was actually pretty good the last two years. Who drafted stud Ryan Kerrigan? Shanny.

Ofcourse, I shouldn't be surprised this is your take. After all, you hated Shanny while he was here and were among the VERY BIGGEST McD fans around. Even after he was fired you posted that you still wished he was our coach.

So yeah...there's a rebuttable presumption that your opinion on EVERY issue is wrong. The Redskins....Shanny...the Broncos....Cutler..... quantitative easing.... economics..... the Arab Spring, pick an issue. You're presumptively wrong.

You enthusiastically supported Satan himself and his ass-raping of our team.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000546031/polls_BushLaughing_Left_0956_136558_answer_1_xlarg e.jpeg

Even George W. Bush laughs at YOUR stupidity.

go_broncos
10-21-2012, 04:49 PM
Do you enjoy being a flat out liar?

Shanny's players always get hurt? Where would the Broncos be if they lost Von this year? Orakpo is their version of Von.

Spoiler Alert :We wouldn't be in a happy place.

And their star TE, and their starting DE and their high priced FA WR who has been hurt on and off. And now someone is b****ing because they barely lost at NY and are still in the thick of it? They are having a very good year and Shanny's gamble on moving up for RG3 looks like a royal flush.

And yes, he's totally ignored the defense....because the defense was actually pretty good the last two years. Who drafted stud Ryan Kerrigan? Shanny.

Ofcourse, I shouldn't be surprised this is your take. After all, you hated Shanny while he was here and were among the VERY BIGGEST McD fans around. Even after he was fired you posted that you still wished he was our coach.

So yeah...there's a rebuttable presumption that your opinion on EVERY issue is wrong. The Redskins....Shanny...the Broncos....Cutler..... quantitative easing.... economics..... the Arab Spring, pick an issue. You're presumptively wrong.

You enthusiastically supported Satan himself and his ass-raping of our team.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000546031/polls_BushLaughing_Left_0956_136558_answer_1_xlarg e.jpeg

Even George W. Bush laughs at YOUR stupidity.

ROFL!

What the hell.When did i support Mcd..??..You are a big joke.
You always tell about Ryan Kerrigan.

Yes..shanny players always get hurt.they were hurt when he was a coach here also.

Shanny was a good coach.He needs to retire..

Agamemnon
10-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Hey moron,

He had a very good defense in Washington the last few years

They were ranked 13th overall last year and 31st the year before. What exactly is your definition of "very good"?

Agamemnon
10-21-2012, 04:53 PM
I dunno, I think he's got two rings that might say something about his ability to win.

I guess they don't count though, because he had good players. You're only a real coach if you win multiple super bowls with crappy players.

It amazes me how many idiotic Broncos fans hate Shanahan. Look, I get it, you were born in 1999, but those two trophies at Dove Valley weren't donations.

Looks like they may have one player who will end up being on par with the likes of Elway, TD, Sharpe, Rod Smith, and Atwater. Here's hoping for four more...

Cito Pelon
10-21-2012, 05:06 PM
Hey moron,

He had a very good defense in Washington the last few years and was going to have one this year until they lost Orakpo and the the starting end, Carriker. Guess who drafted Ryan Kerrigan? Shanahan. And now they just lost Fred Davis and they still almost won at NY, who just raped SF last week in SF. How bout some perspective.....or would you rather go back to the Jim Zorn era...or the Steve Spurrier era?

I'm glad you don't like him, because you don't deserve him. He just brought you the most dynamic QB you ever had. That was his big decision. He's the exec VP. You are nothing but a sniveling, ungrateful POS fan. Washington is having a pretty good year and they would have been even better with a healthy Orakpo. Washington has a good chance of being a playoff team despite all these injuries, but keep crying. Idiot.

Man, you have a major emotional investment in Shanny.

2KBack
10-21-2012, 05:35 PM
Hey moron,

I know you pay a lot of attention to previous players/coaches, but Washington's defense has been bad. It was pretty good BEFORE Shanahan got there. They've been bottom third in scoring defense every year he has been there, 26th so far this season.

The 5-11 Redskins swept the World Champion Giants last year....I wouldn't take too much from this game. Well...except that RGIII looks capable of carrying a team himself. First time he's had that since Elway, and that could mean good things for Washington. If I was a betting man though, I'd say he fires Haslett this offseason and hires one the the defensive assistants as the DC.

Here's the reality, if Denver was a year removed from an 8-8 season and the brand new shiny coach proceeded to go 6-10 and 5-11 while betting his reputation on John Beck and Rex Grossman, and at the same time taking a statistically #10 defense and reducing it to #30....He would be attacked by so many aids cobras.

TonyR
10-21-2012, 05:40 PM
The 5-11 Redskins swept the World Champion Giants last year....I wouldn't take too much from this game.

Yup. Classic letdown game for the Giants after a huge win last week. Better team found a way to win.

maven
10-21-2012, 05:44 PM
Looks like another losing season in Washington.

ROFL!

RedskinBronco
10-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Hey moron,

What is with the personal attacks? Is he your dad?

How am I crying? I said that they are scary good if they had any sort of semi competent defense aka just AVERAGE. You don't win when you have ****ing josh wilson, madieu williams, reed doughty and hall as your secondary. That's just horrible.

Shanahan messed it all up in Denver as well.

At least really follow teams before you go on personal attacks. I am not doubting that you follow the broncos, but you don't know jack **** about the redskins, so please STFU or don't attack others.

The only thing shanahan does well is draft Running Backs, i.e., Alfred Morris. That's it. if you want another thing he does well, he scripts the initial game plan of plays pretty well hence his "offensive" genius moniker, but he cannot adjust to save his life.

He can thank the class 49ers of the montana/young years, Elway and Terrel Davis for all his "prestige."

I have nothing against shanahan the man. I just don't think he is all he has been cracked up to be and unlike you, I have followed him for a while now because I actually follow the Broncos AND Redskins. So please, spare me with the bull **** and personal attacks.

SoCalBronco
10-21-2012, 07:54 PM
No, he didn't mess it all up in Denver. Try coaching with one hand tied behind your back and fans screaming at your for finishing 16th when you are spending at 22nd. He put together a wonderful collection of talent for his offense and all he had to do was devote the offseason resoruces to getting the defense up to par. He did it before, in 2005, so he could definitely get it done and our moron of an owner blew it up because he didnt like getting called out by a Paige article. And Washington with Orakpo and Carriker would be fine, defensively. Actually, right before Orakpo went down in the Rams game they were doing very well and but for the 4th quarter at NO, they were doing pretty decent defensively.

Jim Zorn left a mess behind and he's cleaned it up. He did place a bit too much faith in his ability to squeeze blood from a stone in Grossman and Beck, although for awhile they played well, but he parlayed it and make a big gamble to get RG3 who could be a HOF talent. He's put together a really nice combo of his own scheme and Baylor stuff to make the offense hard to contain.

Where would Washington be without RG3? Without Ryan Kerrigan? Without good young WRs like Aldrick Robinson and Leonard Hankerson? If Shanny is really that bad, then you should be NOT only in favor of getting rid of him, but also EVERY SINGLE ONE of the guys he brought there. Surely you dont want the Shanny stink there any longer, yes? Say bye to your franchise QB? Ready to adopt that position?

That's what I thought. Be grateful for what you have.

RedskinBronco
10-21-2012, 08:43 PM
No, he didn't mess it all up in Denver. Try coaching with one hand tied behind your back and fans screaming at your for finishing 16th when you are spending at 22nd. He put together a wonderful collection of talent for his offense and all he had to do was devote the offseason resoruces to getting the defense up to par. He did it before, in 2005, so he could definitely get it done and our moron of an owner blew it up because he didnt like getting called out by a Paige article. And Washington with Orakpo and Carriker would be fine, defensively. Actually, right before Orakpo went down in the Rams game they were doing very well and but for the 4th quarter at NO, they were doing pretty decent defensively.

Jim Zorn left a mess behind and he's cleaned it up. He did place a bit too much faith in his ability to squeeze blood from a stone in Grossman and Beck, although for awhile they played well, but he parlayed it and make a big gamble to get RG3 who could be a HOF talent. He's put together a really nice combo of his own scheme and Baylor stuff to make the offense hard to contain.

Where would Washington be without RG3? Without Ryan Kerrigan? Without good young WRs like Aldrick Robinson and Leonard Hankerson? If Shanny is really that bad, then you should be NOT only in favor of getting rid of him, but also EVERY SINGLE ONE of the guys he brought there. Surely you dont want the Shanny stink there any longer, yes? Say bye to your franchise QB? Ready to adopt that position?

well at least this was respectable post. Look, evidently you are a big fan of his. Believe me, I don't WANT him to fail, it's been miserable here in DC since Gibbs 2.0

Zorn was a complete mess like you said. He inherited a typical, gritty and tough Gibbs team, started 6-2 with them and then totally pissed away what Gibbs developed.

We can talk about this at a later time. Believe me I'm rooting for MS and KS because that means the skins are back on the rise. Remains to be seen, we can talk about this at the end of the year. Right now, today isn't that much of a sting because they gave the Giants all they could handle and unlike past years, the Giants were actually up for this game.

Make no mistake though, Shanny is out if he doesn't generate a playoff berth next year.

Kaylore
10-21-2012, 11:13 PM
Shanahan does have a lot of soft tissue injuries. And after seeing our current training staff severely reduce number of ligament and muscle strain injuries from the previous year, he would do well to look at modernizing his approach to training. I also agree that his teams perform poorly in late in games. I think this could be conditioning as well, where once again, Elway and Fox have managed to make us the best fourth quarter team in the last three years.

As for his ability as a coach, I still say he is the best coach at getting something out of next to nothing in the NFL. If you can do one thing well, Mike will make you a star at it.

Unfortunately I think Shanahan lost his mojo when Kubiak left. Since Kubiak became head coach of the Texans, Mike is 38-48 as a head coach and only had one winning season; The season after Kubiak left when he managed to get one game over .500.

Basically going back six seasons, Mike has been a sub .500 coach. That's a trend. You can blame any number of factors (no doubt socal will blame Bowlen for even his losing record in Washington somehow) but the facts are the facts and you are what you are.

I love Mike. He is one of my favorite Broncos ever. And I would love to see him get the SB one more time so he can go into the HOF. Unfortunately if this trend of average football continues, I don't think he'll ever get it.

Br0nc0Buster
10-21-2012, 11:24 PM
I know you pay a lot of attention to previous players/coaches, but Washington's defense has been bad. It was pretty good BEFORE Shanahan got there. They've been bottom third in scoring defense every year he has been there, 26th so far this season.

The 5-11 Redskins swept the World Champion Giants last year....I wouldn't take too much from this game. Well...except that RGIII looks capable of carrying a team himself. First time he's had that since Elway, and that could mean good things for Washington. If I was a betting man though, I'd say he fires Haslett this offseason and hires one the the defensive assistants as the DC.

Here's the reality, if Denver was a year removed from an 8-8 season and the brand new shiny coach proceeded to go 6-10 and 5-11 while betting his reputation on John Beck and Rex Grossman, and at the same time taking a statistically #10 defense and reducing it to #30....He would be attacked by so many aids cobras.

http://www.seniorbowl.com/images/roster/Slowik_Bob-web.jpg

So you're saying there's a chance?

loborugger
10-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Mike's gonna make sweet, sweet love to Perry Fewell all. night. long.

I volunteer not to watch this. You, on the other hand, can verify that it actually took place.

Mile High 81
10-22-2012, 03:56 AM
I do not get why so many people hate Shanny. He gave this organastion ovr. great football. When your are in a place 10+ years not only good things will happen.

Willynowei
10-22-2012, 04:19 AM
Hey moron,

I don't know what it is about Skins fans, they are all impatient retards, I see "fire this guy" threads on skins boards all the time after 1 bad game. They have absolutely no perspective.

Anyone who UNDERSTANDS football can watch and see the challenges they've been faced with when Orakpo and Kerrigan went out. They've had to bring extra guys on the stunts, resorting to the Cover 1 by default, and it opens up their corners in 1-1 coverage.

The focus then goes on the secondary and how bad it is, when the real issue is the injuries upfront; albeit, that squat on 2nd and 10 today was a pretty bad miss.

Skins don't need a coaching change, anywhere, what they need is the continued development of their offense and keeping bringing in guys like Kerrigan.

That defense has potential, and like you said Kerrigan was a shanahan recruit, not an inheritance. People forget just how bad the team Shanny took there was, the end of the Zorn era left that organization with just about nothing and now they look like the second best team in the NFC East, for christ sakes they just barely lost to the Giants today in an away game.

What is it with Skins fans and why are they so ****ing stupid?

Willynowei
10-22-2012, 04:20 AM
well at least this was respectable post. Look, evidently you are a big fan of his. Believe me, I don't WANT him to fail, it's been miserable here in DC since Gibbs 2.0

Zorn was a complete mess like you said. He inherited a typical, gritty and tough Gibbs team, started 6-2 with them and then totally pissed away what Gibbs developed.

We can talk about this at a later time. Believe me I'm rooting for MS and KS because that means the skins are back on the rise. Remains to be seen, we can talk about this at the end of the year. Right now, today isn't that much of a sting because they gave the Giants all they could handle and unlike past years, the Giants were actually up for this game.

Make no mistake though, Shanny is out if he doesn't generate a playoff berth next year.

Since Gibbs 2.0? It was miserable during that stretch as well, running counter treys all the time like it was a high school offense?

Are you kidding me?

Shanahan is a major part of why RG3 is playing well, he built that offense and his defense in 3 years has been pretty good considering the **** field position the offense put them in. That team has a chance to put it all together, the only way that Franchise could fail to return to "greatness" is if Snyder actually listens to Washington's retarded fanbase - probably the 2nd worst in the country behind Oakland.

elsid13
10-22-2012, 04:28 AM
What killing the Redskins is the lack of depth and piss poor free agent signings (Great job Vinny and the Little Boy Snyder). Overall I think Shannahan/Bruce Allen have done a good job of putting the franchise on the right path to be successful, but the are still lacking some vital parts to make it happen. The whole 18M cap penalty is going to be big challenge to overcome.

TheReverend
10-22-2012, 05:52 AM
I volunteer not to watch this. You, on the other hand, can verify that it actually took place.

Oh, it took place.

But in the end, it was Cruz with the money shot.

2KBack
10-22-2012, 06:47 AM
I can't believe the passion in which Shanahan is being defended in Washington. Personally I have found it strange listening to the Washington fan base start sounding just like we did after a while. They got there a little faster, but of course Shanahan started his career in Denver with his best seasons, he earned patience. He has earned no such thing in DC, people don't (and shouldn't) care what he did here. The reality here is that Shanahan has a record of 14-25, and his time has been littered with confusing decisions. No one is calling for him to be fired, but they are starting to rightfully question some of the decision making. How many coaches last through 3 straight losing seasons, I doubt many. He needs to show real improvement, the only improvement so far is RGIII. Which is great, the kid's a baller. Washington's offense ate up yards last season as well, the difference is RGIII is finishing drives. Defense will continue to be the problem in DC for the forseeable future. London Fletcher is 38 years old, and the D runs through him, they also have a very weak secondary.

He has a window here, not quite like the one in Denver, but the league is more balanced now. It won't take long for that window to close though, just like it did here.

Ray Finkle
10-22-2012, 07:10 AM
I can't believe the passion in which Shanahan is being defended in Washington. Personally I have found it strange listening to the Washington fan base start sounding just like we did after a while. They got there a little faster, but of course Shanahan started his career in Denver with his best seasons, he earned patience. He has earned no such thing in DC, people don't (and shouldn't) care what he did here. The reality here is that Shanahan has a record of 14-25, and his time has been littered with confusing decisions. No one is calling for him to be fired, but they are starting to rightfully question some of the decision making. How many coaches last through 3 straight losing seasons, I doubt many. He needs to show real improvement, the only improvement so far is RGIII. Which is great, the kid's a baller. Washington's offense ate up yards last season as well, the difference is RGIII is finishing drives. Defense will continue to be the problem in DC for the forseeable future. London Fletcher is 38 years old, and the D runs through him, they also have a very weak secondary.

He has a window here, not quite like the one in Denver, but the league is more balanced now. It won't take long for that window to close though, just like it did here.

Most Skins fans were against his hiring in the first place and haven't changed.....I think he has a 2 year window to make the playoffs and win a round or two or he's toast. I do like running into him from time to time and mentioning I am a big Denver fan....If you're in the Reston/Ashburn area, he frequents Bonefish and the starbucks by the Skins complex....

2KBack
10-22-2012, 07:27 AM
Most Skins fans were against his hiring in the first place and haven't changed.....I think he has a 2 year window to make the playoffs and win a round or two or he's toast. I do like running into him from time to time and mentioning I am a big Denver fan....If you're in the Reston/Ashburn area, he frequents Bonefish and the starbucks by the Skins complex....

I am out there sometimes actually. Used to run into Redskins over at the Dulles Towne Center all the time. It would be cool to meet the guy and thank him for the years in Denver. I do appreciate the guy, even if I think it was time to move on form him.

RedskinBronco
10-22-2012, 07:36 AM

Nah, redskins fans are retarded!

In all seriousness, the fan base here is huge I am sure you know that living in the area and all.

The fan base (especially the middle aged to older fans) are impatient because of the success under Gibbs 1.0 and of course Gibbs 2.0 did a tremendous job with below average QB play.

I guess Patriots, Giants, Eagles, etc. fans are all retarded for expecting to win. Maybe everyone should be like wizards fans and not give a **** and have an embarrassing franchise.

Snyder is the main culprit, but shanny has a lot to prove since the post elway era.

We will see what happens, but it's no coincidence IMO that the grumblings here are now the same as what they were in Denver towards the end of his time there.

Playoffs or bust and he has until end of next season to get in...

Ray Finkle
10-22-2012, 07:37 AM
I am out there sometimes actually. Used to run into Redskins over at the Dulles Towne Center all the time. It would be cool to meet the guy and thank him for the years in Denver. I do appreciate the guy, even if I think it was time to move on form him.

Jackson's at the Reston Town center is a big hang out as well or Maggino's at Tyson's 2.

He's always been nice and cordial with me when I've spoken with him. I don't ask for autographs or pictures just a quick hello and thank you.

Chris
10-22-2012, 07:45 AM
Fun game I was there but it's a divisional matchup and Eli played poorly for 59 minutes.

DENVERDUI55
10-22-2012, 08:35 AM
I love what Shanny did for this franchise and he got us two rings. With that being said I think Kubiak was a major reason for the success in Denver. Even ole wade doesn't get much credit even though he put some important players on the roster.

2KBack
10-22-2012, 08:39 AM
I love what Shabby did for this franchise and he got us two rings. With that being said I think Kubiak was a major reason for the success in Denver. Even ole wade doesn't get much credit even though he put some important players on the roster.

I like pointing this one out....Shanahan only has 1 winning season as a HC or coordinator without Kubiak being on the same team as either a player or coach.

TonyR
10-22-2012, 08:53 AM
I don't know what it is about Skins fans, they are all impatient retards, I see "fire this guy" threads on skins boards all the time after 1 bad game. They have absolutely no perspective.

I'm not sure how this is any different than most fan bases. The Eagles and Giants fans in particular are basically the same. Shanahan took over and went 6-10 and then 5-11, and put them throught the McNabb fiasco. That's not good enough for a fan base that's used to winning.

gunns
10-22-2012, 09:54 AM
What is with the personal attacks? Is he your dad?

How am I crying? I said that they are scary good if they had any sort of semi competent defense aka just AVERAGE. You don't win when you have ****ing josh wilson, madieu williams, reed doughty and hall as your secondary. That's just horrible.

Shanahan messed it all up in Denver as well.

At least really follow teams before you go on personal attacks. I am not doubting that you follow the broncos, but you don't know jack **** about the redskins, so please STFU or don't attack others.

The only thing shanahan does well is draft Running Backs, i.e., Alfred Morris. That's it. if you want another thing he does well, he scripts the initial game plan of plays pretty well hence his "offensive" genius moniker, but he cannot adjust to save his life.

He can thank the class 49ers of the montana/young years, Elway and Terrel Davis for all his "prestige."

I have nothing against shanahan the man. I just don't think he is all he has been cracked up to be and unlike you, I have followed him for a while now because I actually follow the Broncos AND Redskins. So please, spare me with the bull **** and personal attacks.

This. Excellent assessment. Don't mind SoCal, he's a major Shanahan fan and still mourning his loss.

Most of us who are glad Shanahan is gone did not hate him. For me it was more disgust for his stubborness in his GM abilities, the inability to recognize his ineptness. His focus was too lopsided to the offense and he threw garbage at the defense. He went through defensive coordinators like a kid with their halloween bag. I loved the 2 SB's, although much can be put on the shoulders of Elway, and the team Shanahan put together for those 2. After that he tried to too hard to show he could survive without Elway, where if he'd just built a team like he did in those years he probably would have been fine. And if Kubiak had stayed. There was an offensive mind who has shown he knows he needs a D. I got tired of being greatful for mediocrity.

He's got a great QB now, hopefully he remembers those great QB's need a team around them, not just offense. His first draft, first pick was offense, second was McNabb, third was a DE with a torn ACL that is no longer on the team, the rest offense. 2nd draft, first two picks were D, neither of which are anything to write home to mom about (no Kerrigan isn't). The 2012 draft, out of the first 7 six were offensive players. He seems to be on the same trend. Since taking over the Redskins the defense has steadily declined to 28th in pts, except for yards last year they were 13th. I'm just glad he's gone and the direction the Broncos are headed.

TheReverend
10-22-2012, 09:57 AM
I never cease to be blown away by the perspective here

Tombstone RJ
10-22-2012, 10:24 AM
Meh, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Shanny is his own worst enemy. If the Skins had any kind of a defense they'd be in the playoffs this year with RGIII and that patented running game. But don't count on it. Shanny and defense just do not mix.

bronco militia
10-22-2012, 10:32 AM
I'm going to wait until Lonestar weighs in on this before i make up my mind.

LOLLOLLOL

bronco militia
10-22-2012, 10:34 AM
Meh, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Shanny is his own worst enemy. If the Skins had any kind of a defense they'd be in the playoffs this year with RGIII and that patented running game. But don't count on it. Shanny and defense just do not mix.

NFL head coaches and MASH units don't mix....

the skins are going to run out of decent players before the post season.

broncocalijohn
10-22-2012, 10:38 AM

WHat will you say as Snyder spends for a winner and Shanny doesn't perform? If he doesn't change, He will be San Diego Chargers, Fouts lead team for the Redskins. Keep pumping the offense and not having a defense good enough to sustain the lead. He isn't going to be around long if they don't win this year or next. Stop the excuses if he doesn't do anything this season.

Tombstone RJ
10-22-2012, 10:44 AM
NFL head coaches and MASH units don't mix....

the skins are going to run out of decent players before the post season.

Sorry, homey don't play that. Injuries are simply not an excuse, especially when you have a great QB. The Patriots in 2003 were a MASH unit but they still won the SB.

Shanny cannot use this as an excuse because every team has injuries. His defense will fail him. That is almost a 100% guarantee. You can take that to the bank.

bronco militia
10-22-2012, 10:52 AM
Sorry, homey don't play that. Injuries are simply not an excuse, especially when you have a great QB. The Patriots in 2003 were a MASH unit but they still won the SB.

Shanny cannot use this as an excuse because every team has injuries. His defense will fail him. That is almost a 100% guarantee. You can take that to the bank.

shanny doesn't make any excuses, but I will for him. IMO he's earned it.

Tombstone RJ
10-22-2012, 10:56 AM

yes, there are many Shanny apologists round these parts. I at least try to be as objective as possible. I give Shanny credit where credit is due and I hold him accountable when he makes mistakes. Fact is, he is great with QBs and offenses and simply lousy with defense. You can't win championships without both.

broncocalijohn
10-22-2012, 10:56 AM

earned it? For what, something that got him two superbowls in 1998 and 99? He hasn't won since 2005. The Broncos finally let him go because he couldn't bank on his past. Why would a brand new team give him even close to the same respect as he earned in Denver? He hasn't earned anything from the Redskins accept the chance. He is in his 3rd year of that chance. If he improves the team and is upticking, he gets one more year. Contrary to SoCal and others here, he wasn't upticking in Denver...for three long years.

Bacchus
10-22-2012, 10:58 AM
Looks like they may have one player who will end up being on par with the likes of Elway, TD, Sharpe, Rod Smith, and Atwater. Here's hoping for four more...

13 out of 32 teams is pretty good.

Bacchus
10-22-2012, 10:59 AM
yes, there are many Shanny apologists round these parts. I at least try to be as objective as possible. I give Shanny credit where credit is due and I hold him accountable when he makes mistakes. Fact is, he is great with QBs and offenses and simply lousy with defense. You can't win championships without both.

really, looking through this thread it seems there are many Shanahan haters.

Ray Finkle
10-22-2012, 11:00 AM

I am not a hater at all, I appreciate the job he did here and am thankful for 2 championships. That being said, DC does not feel all warm and cozy with him as most of the Broncos fan base.

Bacchus
10-22-2012, 11:03 AM
I am not a hater at all, I appreciate the job he did here and am thankful for 2 championships. That being said, DC does not feel all warm and cozy with him as most of the Broncos fan base.

yeah I can understand that. I have a found memory of Shanny and I want to see him do well as with Kubes. It just seems people here are happy when he loses and I cannot understand that.

2KBack
10-22-2012, 11:06 AM
let us please keep in mind that the Redskins started 3-1 last year (including 2 TD win over NY), were 3-4 in week seven as well and ended at 5-11.

Tombstone RJ
10-22-2012, 11:15 AM

yep, there are those people too (and some are just irrational). It seems many people have a hard time acknowledging Shanny's good traits while also admitting to or acknowledging his faults.

I really think it's just that people like to argue. :D

bronco militia
10-22-2012, 11:24 AM
earned it? For what, something that got him two superbowls in 1998 and 99? .

yeah....I'd give him the benefit of the doubt with my franchise. It's not like the Redskins just handed the keys to the franchise to Josh McDaniel's.

and I agree shanny wore out his welcome in Denver. It's too bad the broncos have now hired two head coaches that are not even up to par with their former head coach.

Tombstone RJ
10-22-2012, 11:28 AM
yeah....I'd give him the benefit of the doubt with my franchise. It's not like the Redskins just handed the keys to the franchise to Josh Mcdaniels.

and I agree shanny wore out his welcome in Denver. It's too bad the broncos have now hired two head coaches that are not even up to par with Mike Shanahan.

see, it's comments like this that irk the hell out of me. Shanny has not done anything of note since Elway retired. John Fox at least won a playoff game last season. You can only go so far with Shanny's rather old accolades.

Shanahan is not done a damn thing since being hired in DC. Not only that, he is directly responsible for taking a rather good defense and making it subpar. That is all on Shanny.

bronco militia
10-22-2012, 11:59 AM
see, it's comments like this that irk the hell out of me. Shanny has not done anything of note since Elway retired. John Fox at least won a playoff game last season. You can only go so far with Shanny's rather old accolades.

Shanahan is not done a damn thing since being hired in DC. Not only that, he is directly responsible for taking a rather good defense and making it subpar. That is all on Shanny.

oh, so you're saying you'd rather have Josh Mcdaniels or John Fox instead of Mike Shanahan. got ya

move over lonestar...you've got company Ha!

broncocalijohn
10-22-2012, 12:10 PM
yeah....I'd give him the benefit of the doubt with my franchise. It's not like the Redskins just handed the keys to the franchise to Josh McDaniel's.

and I agree shanny wore out his welcome in Denver. It's too bad the broncos have now hired two head coaches that are not even up to par with their former head coach.

Oh ****. Thank God you don't own a team. You are too much of a fan. Which is great as a fan and not for business. So a franchise that has nothing to do with his past employer is supposed to give him as much benefit of the doubt with his current employer after 3 years? Unless you think the Broncos were completely wrong with his departure and really think he still has that SB zing left in him, you start to question the doubt not the benefit. It starts to sound like excuses that we hear from SoCal.

oh, so you're saying you'd rather have Josh Mcdaniels or John Fox instead of Mike Shanahan. got ya

OMG! And here lies the Shanny apologist with this statement. See, you think we should have never canned Shanny. While McDaniels ****ed it up worse, it was time to move on. Your statement that says that we must be crazy to want Fox and not Shanny. Shanny was and is done in Denver. Yes, most have accepted and/or wanted to move on from Shanahan and are fine with Fox. We see someone that will actually care about our defense.

Dude, while Lonestar is an ass with his Tanahan statements, make a poll and see if Broncos' fans want Shanahan now or John Fox and company. I guarantee you that you are in the minority big time. You are just to blind and bias to SHanahan to realize it.

bronco militia
10-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Oh ****. Thank God you don't own a team. You are too much of a fan. Which is great as a fan and not for business. So a franchise that has nothing to do with his past employer is supposed to give him as much benefit of the doubt with his current employer after 3 years? Unless you think the Broncos were completely wrong with his departure and really think he still has that SB zing left in him, you start to question the doubt not the benefit. It starts to sound like excuses that we hear from SoCal.

I understand why the broncos moved on. I was hoping they'd give him a little more time. Anyway, the plan to move on has mostly been a disaster and I'd still take a has been shanny over the has been John Fox and the wonder ked Mcdummy.

peace

bronco militia
10-22-2012, 12:18 PM

OMG! And here lies the Shanny apologist with this statement. See, you think we should have never canned Shanny. While McDaniels ****ed it up worse, it was time to move on. Your statement that says that we must be crazy to want Fox and not Shanny. Shanny was and is done in Denver. Yes, most have accepted and/or wanted to move on from Shanahan and are fine with Fox. We see someone that will actually care about our defense.

Dude, while Lonestar is an ass with his Tanahan statements, make a poll and see if Broncos' fans want Shanahan now or John Fox and company. I guarantee you that you are in the minority big time. You are just to blind and bias to SHanahan to realize it.

keep trying to read between the lines....I've spelled out my opinion in black and white for you and everyone else.

Tombstone RJ
10-22-2012, 12:23 PM

I'm saying the same thing I've said from the beginning (I'm like a broken record on this topic)--Shanny had to go. It was time. He and his system had run its course in Denver and it was time to part ways.

This is ok. Really, it is. This happens. Shanny was not producing, he had an extensive amount of time after Elway and he just was not getting the job done. I believe in an interview Shanny even says as much, that is, he said something along the lines of "I wasn't getting the job done."

Yes to John Fox, no to Josh McDaniels.

bronco militia
10-22-2012, 12:28 PM
I'm saying the same thing I've said from the beginning (I'm like a broken record on this topic)--Shanny had to go. It was time. He and his system had run its course in Denver and it was time to part ways.

This is ok. Really, it is. This happens. Shanny was not producing, he had an extensive amount of time after Elway and he just was not getting the job done. I believe in an interview Shanny even says as much, that is, he said something along the lines of "I wasn't getting the job done."

I mostly agree.

gunns
10-22-2012, 12:31 PM

This.

I root against Washington, not because of Shanahan, but because I've never liked them. They are right behind the 3 other teams in the AFC West and Dallas. But I also see Shanahan doing the same thing in Washington that he did in Denver the last years he was here. As someone said, he is his own worst enemy.

TheReverend
10-22-2012, 12:35 PM

Dude has a rookie QB not only leading ROY, but league MVP, and Bronco fans OF ALL PEOPLE are trashing him.

Ha!

2KBack
10-22-2012, 12:41 PM

You just get too comfortable....Shanahan would be the first to tell you, he was in a box, and had no motivation really to get out. Getting fired can wake you back up.

I personally have found seeing Shanahan from a Redskin fan perspective as pretty enlightening. I viewed him though my Bronco soft light filter for most of his time in Denver.

Ray Finkle
10-22-2012, 12:42 PM

I think this is 90% of the fan bases thinking....

Play2win
10-22-2012, 12:57 PM
Shanny is no longer our coach, so I don't really care what happens to him, but the redskins are still the redskins– so **** 'em!!

RedskinBronco
10-22-2012, 02:08 PM
Just to add fuel to the debate lol...

***Note: no like, no click***

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?372578-Mike-knows-offense-but....

Edit: thread title for those who want to know without clicking is "Mike knows offense, but...."

DENVERDUI55
10-22-2012, 09:25 PM
I wonder how Atlas is liking his switching of teams and becoming a redskin fan.

bronco militia
10-22-2012, 09:29 PM
I wonder how Atlas is liking his switching of teams and becoming a redskin fan.

old coach, new QB, no defense....sounds familiar

DBroncos4life
10-22-2012, 09:33 PM
Dude has a rookie QB not only leading ROY, but league MVP, and Bronco fans OF ALL PEOPLE are trashing him.

Ha!

Wut?