PDA

View Full Version : How Bout Them Broncos?

TheReverend
10-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Now let’s contrast that to what actually happened. Antonio Gates had 5 first half catches for 68 yards and 2 scores leading the Chargers to a 24-0 lead. Then something magical happens… instead of rushing Von, he’s covering… and doing it pretty well. Gruden criticized the move, correctly pointing out that Miller’s best asset is his pass-rushing ability. What Gruden’s lack of Broncos defense focus neglected to realize, no one else was capable of covering. Joe Mays and Brooking can’t cover. Mike Adams can’t fill and take on Gates in a match-up battle. Woodyard can run with him, but can’t get his head around to make a play on the ball.

So Von it must be… situationally, at least.

When DJ Williams returns, we can cut down further on those coverage drops and get him chasing the QB more, but without telegraphing his role to opposing offensive line coaches. With our given personnel, I want 3-3 nickel looks in long passing situations with Elvis, Vickerson and Meth-Wolfe on the line with Woodyard, DJ and Von standing up. With moderate splits, our LBs should have some premium pass-rushing match-ups coming on a blitz–All three have shown an innate ability to get to the quarterback… let’s take advantage of it. Let’s dictate protection schemes as opposing OC’s have to analyze tendencies to answer questions like: Who’s coming on 3rd and long? How many are coming?

The rest at: http://patrickturley.org/how-bout-them-broncos-4/

A quick write-up of the current state of the team.

Not proof-read at all, so check it for errors for me :)

Eldorado
10-17-2012, 02:35 PM
*point

Eldorado
10-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Some other things I noticed that I haven't seen talked about yet:
Bruton almost blocked another punt. #baller
Vickerson seemed to have screen responsibility during the game and did an excellent job blowing up a couple.

socalorado
10-17-2012, 02:46 PM
The world is truly ending....i am at the Revs own private website, and i freakin love it!
LOL!

PS- This better have some hot, nude girls.

Eldorado
10-17-2012, 02:48 PM
No tits. I looked. Pretty disappointing.

Kaylore
10-17-2012, 02:52 PM
I have major problem with your web page. Namely, you referring to yourself "all around swell." That, good sir, is a lie. While some of your characteristics are swell, nay, even awesome, other areas you are most certainly NOT swell, nay, even sup-bar or disconcerting. So I say that I most strongly disagree on this point. Yes, most definitely.

bronco militia
10-17-2012, 02:53 PM
I think we watched the same game.....who knew ;D

I posted the link at the South Stands

TheReverend
10-17-2012, 02:54 PM
The world is truly ending....i am at the Revs own private website, and i freakin love it!
LOL!

PS- This better have some hot, nude girls.

I still have a formal request into Renee Herlocker. We'll see if she ever answers it.

I have major problem with your web page. Namely, you referring to yourself "all around swell." That, good sir, is a lie. While some of your characteristics are swell, nay, even awesome, other areas you are most certainly NOT swell, nay, even sup-bar or disconcerting. So I say that I most strongly disagree on this point. Yes, most definitely.

West-Coast-Mormon bias.

socalorado
10-17-2012, 02:58 PM
No boobies. I looked. Pretty disappointing.

Yeah, WTF!?!?!
Anyways, as much as i hate to admit it, DEN needs DJ Williams back in a BAD way. The guy is an idiot off the field, but his abilities on the field, and the clear issues at LB trump the off field stuff for now.
I would say the same thing for slowshon, but he just sucks on and off the field.
Great that Kupe is back and as Rev pointed out, he was back to his old self by the 4th quarter. I expect him to be at his usual pro-bowl level by next game with a bye to really heal up.
Also, thank Elway for bringing in Dan Koppen.

TheReverend
10-17-2012, 03:03 PM
Yeah, WTF!?!?!
Anyways, as much as i hate to admit it, DEN needs DJ Williams back in a BAD way. The guy is an idiot off the field, but his abilities on the field, and the clear issues at LB trump the off field stuff for now.
I would say the same thing for slowshon, but he just sucks on and off the field.
Great that Kupe is back and as Rev pointed out, he was back to his old self by the 4th quarter. I expect him to be at his usual pro-bowl level by next game with a bye to really heal up.
Also, thank Elway for bringing in Dan Koppen.

Oooh good one.

Sucks to say, but the OL has improved with the injury to Walton.

broncogary
10-17-2012, 03:06 PM
WWIII gets his head around in pass coverage much better than DJ. DJ is the worst I have ever seen at it.

Eldorado
10-17-2012, 03:10 PM

*point

It is in the first sentence. Fix it you lazy bastard.

pricejj
10-17-2012, 03:11 PM
Good analysis Rev...

You're right switching D.J. to MLB would make the Broncos Defense much more flexible.

Von can cover, D.J. can cover, and Wes is getting (a little) better at it...also, like you said, ALL 3 have shown the ability to rush the QB.

The D is gonna be pretty sweet when D.J. gets back.

Kaylore
10-17-2012, 03:11 PM
Anyone else think parts of this read like Rev's passive agressively pining for Patrick Peterson?

TheReverend
10-17-2012, 03:13 PM
It is in the first sentence. Fix it you lazy bastard.

Well I needed you to give me the location :)

Good analysis Rev...

You're right switching D.J. to MLB would make the Broncos Defense much more flexible.

Von can cover, D.J. can cover, and Wes is getting (a little) better at it...also, like you said, ALL 3 have shown the ability to rush the QB.

The D is gonna be pretty sweet when D.J. gets back.

I wasn't advocating a full time switch. Just in nickel packages where he already played MLB (at least when he played last year)

TheReverend
10-17-2012, 03:14 PM
Anyone else think parts of this read like Rev's passive agressively pining for Patrick Peterson?

You can just ask. I absolutely aggressively wish we had him. I think we'd be better. I love what we've got though.

cutthemdown
10-17-2012, 03:20 PM
Vickerson seemed to have screen responsibility during the game and did an excellent job blowing up a couple.

The announcers noticed Vickerson reading a couple screen as well. Probably the best we have played the screen in quite some time. Usually we suck at defending draws and screen in long yardage situations.

Rock Chalk
10-17-2012, 03:22 PM

Its a good read.

But for ****'s sake, stop calling him Meth-Wolfe. First, its a stupid nickname only the idiots on the Orangemane use and second, its a stupid ****ing nickname.

TheReverend
10-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Its a good read.

But for ****'s sake, stop calling him Meth-Wolfe. First, its a stupid nickname only the idiots on the Orangemane use and second, its a stupid ****ing nickname.

...not anymore :)

Rock Chalk
10-17-2012, 03:24 PM
...not anymore :)

Well at least you aren't arguing the stupid ****ing nickname part.

Rabb
10-17-2012, 03:26 PM
spam

BroncoMan4ever
10-17-2012, 03:47 PM

Bruton has been getting great pressure on punta the last few weeks. I have to wonder though, why doesn't he get shots at playing on defense?

ColoradoDarin
10-17-2012, 03:50 PM
spam

Rep.Hilarious!

Rabb
10-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Rep.Hilarious!

^5

Br0nc0Buster
10-17-2012, 04:01 PM
Bruton has been getting great pressure on punta the last few weeks. I have to wonder though, why doesn't he get shots at playing on defense?

He has, he lacks the fluidity to cover anyone

Good at running in a straight line, not so much when having to react and change directions

Rohirrim
10-17-2012, 04:06 PM
spam

LOL

gyldenlove
10-17-2012, 04:56 PM

I think the problem is much worse than that, I distinctly remember a few years ago he posted a link to a message written by himself on another website that clearly refered to others by that most heinous of names: brah. At the time he was chastized and justifiably so, but has he really paid his dues to society for such a grievous demonstration of antisocial behaviour?

TheReverend
10-17-2012, 05:05 PM
I think the problem is much worse than that, I distinctly remember a few years ago he posted a link to a message written by himself on another website that clearly refered to others by that most heinous of names: brah. At the time he was chastized and justifiably so, but has he really paid his dues to society for such a grievous demonstration of antisocial behaviour?

Listen bruv, just cuz you got a problem brah, don't be bringing that **** around here, bro.

Eldorado
10-17-2012, 06:09 PM

Biologists are such dorks.