PDA

View Full Version : Saints Forum Thread Re: MNF

dictionary
10-17-2012, 09:05 AM
A pretty good read: http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/anybody-knows-why-broncos-stink-bad-262329/.

:~ohyah!:

Kaylore
10-17-2012, 09:13 AM
I like reading threads from other fans, but I have to say this one is not worth reading through. It's just a lot of "wow" "Chargers suck" and "Brees is awesome". The first few posts are from the first half and then it's like the last posts are after we put up 35.

dictionary
10-17-2012, 09:20 AM
Meh, preference. I like the posturing and then the realization that they are likely going to be up against a strong and impassioned Denver team. A window, per se, into their collective zeitgeist.

DenverBrit
10-17-2012, 09:24 AM
Good observation from the thread.....if accurate. :approve:

I think the Broncos defense was more impressive than Manning which says a lot.

Here is the Chargers 2nd half drive chart.
10:56 3 plays Fumble
04:41 3 plays Punt
13:33 4 plays Intercepted Pass
09:03 4 plays Intercepted Pass
03:52 4 plays Intercepted Pass
02:05 4 plays Fumble

The longest drive of the 2nd half?
4 plays

The best drive of the 2nd half?
3 plays -4 yards and punt

gunns
10-17-2012, 09:33 AM
I read the game thread on the Chargers board last night. They were boohooing talking about how the Broncos held all game long. And on the fumble that Carter picked up, they were boohooing we had a neutral zone infraction that was not called. Judging from the Saints board the Charger fans were boohooing about the refs and holding then too.

Only fans of loser teams think a ref has influence on the outcome and never see the entire game where they had their chances. Have to say I saw plenty of holding on the Chargers part and an offsides that was not called. Wonder if that's why we won???

Chris
10-17-2012, 09:56 AM
Meh, preference. I like the posturing and then the realization that they are likely going to be up against a strong and impassioned Denver team. A window, per se, into their collective zeitgeist.

I like this "window" metaphor you did.

RhymesayersDU
10-17-2012, 09:58 AM
I read the game thread on the Chargers board last night. They were boohooing talking about how the Broncos held all game long. And on the fumble that Carter picked up, they were boohooing we had a neutral zone infraction that was not called. Judging from the Saints board the Charger fans were boohooing about the refs and holding then too.

Only fans of loser teams think a ref has influence on the outcome and never see the entire game where they had their chances. Have to say I saw plenty of holding on the Chargers part and an offsides that was not called. Wonder if that's why we won???

FWIW, we do our fair share of boohooing here.

canadianbroncosfan
10-17-2012, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by brenndo527
They also overpaid their quarterback and ate up all of their cap room.

Originally Posted by CJL
Care to repeat that

:yayaya:

canadianbroncosfan
10-17-2012, 10:24 AM
someone tweeted:

"last time the NFL saw 35 unanswered, Vince Young was taking the Wonderlic"

Hilarious!

Rabb
10-17-2012, 10:27 AM

was thinking this exact same thing

Kaylore
10-17-2012, 10:32 AM

I did the same thing. The amount of whining about holding amazed me. I've never read through one of our own game threads, but it doesn't seem like we whine every post about holding. The Refs were letting them play both ways, but if you read the Chargers thread, it's like every other post is "the Broncos are holding!"

DomCasual
10-17-2012, 10:54 AM

I'm reading it right now. There isn't a team in the league with whinier fans than the Chargers. Everyone is out to get them. The league wants them to lose. The refs conspire each week against them. It's like the personality of their QB has drizzled onto their fans.

That game thread is something to behold. So much confidence! So much pain! :)

DomCasual
10-17-2012, 10:56 AM

Yeah, but it's more about our own team. We tend to go on rants here - sometimes fairly - about one player or coach, or another. There, it's all a bunch of conspiracies.

dictionary
10-17-2012, 10:58 AM
I'm reading it right now. There isn't a team in the league with whinier fans than the Chargers. Everyone is out to get them. The league wants them to lose. The refs conspire each week against them. It's like the personality of their QB has drizzled onto their fans.

I wonder if there is some academic study that would support a massive scale fanbase's negative miasma that would correlate to the negative performance of a professional team--just a random thought--i.e the Cleveland Browns, Dallas Cowboys, etc.

Bacchus
10-17-2012, 10:58 AM

Well, that's funny because all they are talking about today is firing some coaches.

dictionary
10-17-2012, 10:59 AM
I like this "window" metaphor you did.

Thanks! I like your Hot Pocket avatar. Satan Hot Pocket?

DomCasual
10-17-2012, 11:01 AM
I wonder if there is some academic study that would support a massive scale fanbase's negative miasma that would correlate to the negative performance of a professional team--just a random thought--i.e the Cleveland Browns, Dallas Cowboys, etc.

Well, in fairness, the Cowboys don't have a lot to complain about. They've done a ton of winning.

For Cleveland, it seems pretty simple. The players and coaches on that team wake up in Cleveland everyday. That's going to kill some spirits. Same with Kansas City.

San Diego? That's a tough one. Beautiful city. It's got to be the QB and coach.

baja
10-17-2012, 11:07 AM

I'll say this for the Chargers fans they are good sports to us Broncos fans at the game. I set in season ticket holders section and they all were nice to me all game long even after Rivers melt down. It was a bitter loss for them yet many said good game to me and many Manning is amazing comments too.

DomCasual
10-17-2012, 11:09 AM
I'll say this for the Chargers fans they are good sports to us Broncos fans at the game. I set in season ticket holders section and they all were nice to me all game long even after Rivers melt down. It was a bitter loss for them yet many said good game to me and many Manning is amazing comments too.

Clearly, those fans don't post on the messageboards.

Seriously, the game thread is a thing to behold. If anyone's interested, it's here (http://forums.utsandiego.com/showthread.php?t=121001).

baja
10-17-2012, 11:12 AM

Seriously, the game thread is a thing to behold. If anyone's interested, it's here (http://forums.utsandiego.com/showthread.php?t=121001).

Talking to people in SD the last two days and they are pissed. They want Norv and Rivers gone

baja
10-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Oh and their stadium is a Shiit hole.

jerseyguy4
10-17-2012, 11:44 AM

at the half, from page 33:
Mutha! What a night.

What a sweet ending to a long day during which I had a dentist drilling my mouth all afternoon. Not only do the Bolts destroy the Manning-led Broncos in prime time, I made up a 25-point fantasy deficit with the Rivers to Gates connection in one half of football. This is the first week I decided to start Gates over Gronkowski.

How sweet it is indeed.

At this point I was so angry, I could have smashed my TV. I can only imagine how mad they were as the game progressed.

Rohirrim
10-17-2012, 11:46 AM
Norv knows that the secret to keeping that job is just to not ask for money. ;D

gunns
10-17-2012, 11:51 AM

If a Bronco fan is boohooing it's legit. ;D

gunns
10-17-2012, 12:02 PM

The really funny thing is that's not the Chargers board I was reading. This is the one I was reading, 3rd page of general discussion. This link may be the actual page.

http://forums.chargers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=140&order=desc&page=3

tsiguy96
10-17-2012, 12:07 PM
http://forums.chargers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=140

awesomeness

gyldenlove
10-17-2012, 12:25 PM

That thread is an epic rollercoaster ride of a read.

It starts all upbeat and hopeful, goes through surprise, elation, ecstasy, optimism, then dips into disappointment, followed by cautious optimism and relief before dipping into the five stages of grief before a sudden ray of light reignites the hope that was lost and ends with soul crushing defeat and dejection. It reads a bit like Crime and Punishment except a bit more epic and not quite as many murders (0) or russians (0).

maven
10-17-2012, 12:55 PM

It wasn't offsides though I would have to see it again to confirm. Glad it wasn't called. For once just because a DL "moves" pre snap doesn't necessarily mean he went offsides. Kinda like the Phillips play where he "moved" along the line and wasn't actually offsides(call went false start on Denver). Almost always just because a DL "moves" pre snap it is always assumed it's offsides and a free play for the offense. I think the refs call that way too much. And glad they didn't on that play.

Also props to the Denver DL(can't remember who) who punched the ball towards Carter where he scooped it up and ran for a TD.

DenverBroncosJM
10-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Ayers scooted the ball to Carter..heads up play that won't make the stat sheet but was awesome.

The chargers fans at the game seemed okay. What was amazing was Denver came out and marched right down the field it was almost a collective "oh ****, we are going to lose" it was really strange for a home field.

swaiy
10-17-2012, 01:39 PM
Those most interesting gameday thread was the Jets. The Tebow faithful was strong in their hate. They were nowhere to be found by the end of the game.

dictionary
10-17-2012, 02:13 PM
Ayers scooted the ball to Carter..heads up play that won't make the stat sheet but was awesome.

The chargers fans at the game seemed okay. What was amazing was Denver came out and marched right down the field it was almost a collective "oh ****, we are going to lose" it was really strange for a home field.

I would have loved to have experienced that. There is something so deviously delicious about schadenfreude.

Garcia Bronco
10-17-2012, 03:24 PM
That thread is an epic rollercoaster ride of a read.

It starts all upbeat and hopeful, goes through surprise, elation, ecstasy, optimism, then dips into disappointment, followed by cautious optimism and relief before dipping into the five stages of grief before a sudden ray of light reignites the hope that was lost and ends with soul crushing defeat and dejection. It reads a bit like Crime and Punishment except a bit more epic and not quite as many murders (0) or russians (0).

Hate that book. It was the worst thing I think I ever had to read in junior highschool.

broncosteven
10-17-2012, 03:49 PM
I did the same thing. The amount of whining about holding amazed me. I've never read through one of our own game threads, but it doesn't seem like we whine every post about holding. The Refs were letting them play both ways, but if you read the Chargers thread, it's like every other post is "the Broncos are holding!"

When we are behind and need a sack we all do it. I am guilty but it is there, of course you could call it on every play...

Broncobiv
10-17-2012, 11:43 PM

LOL

I just read 86 pages of that thread (page 5 till the end - no reason to read pre-game comments). It was glorious! Just like watching the game all over again in text form, but you get to laugh at everyone recounting it!

SleepingTiger
10-18-2012, 12:10 PM
LOL

I just read 86 pages of that thread (page 5 till the end - no reason to read pre-game comments). It was glorious! Just like watching the game all over again in text form, but you get to laugh at everyone recounting it!

+1

Beantown Bronco
10-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Only fans of loser teams think a ref has influence on the outcome

Only fans of loser teams? So we still have the replacement refs?

ScottXray
10-19-2012, 10:47 PM
+1

me also....

I especially liked the constant references they made as to WHEN the slide would start. Even up 24-0 there were the ones that kept referring to Peyton Manning as if he was Keyser Sose.

"Man... don't you know that no lead is safe...That's Peyton Manning over there.
when he gets started he'll rip our defenses heads off and Shyt down their necks...then he do the same to their families, and THEN he'll laugh and start killing fans in the stadium. He's Peyton Manning!"

The best part is they were essentially right. Keyser Manning !
LOL

houghtam
10-19-2012, 11:09 PM
Yeah, but it's more about our own team. We tend to go on rants here - sometimes fairly - about one player or coach, or another. There, it's all a bunch of conspiracies.

You apparently missed the Atlanta game and the Houston game. Page after page of whining about the refs.

Every team's fanbase does it, and ours no less than anyone else.

baja
10-19-2012, 11:21 PM
Keyser Manning I love it

Archer81
10-20-2012, 01:00 AM
Reading through the 180+ pages of the gameday thread on the charger board...some of my favorites...

Post 898: 24-0 lead would be pretty sexy http://forums.chargers.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

post 1031: This is Chargers football. No late game pressure situations. Keep it a party and make it a blowout.

Post 1034: This IS Charger Football right here!!!!!
THE AFC WEST GOES THROUGH SD http://forums.chargers.com/images/smilies/layup.gif
Keep the peddle down, Manning is good for 2 more INT's and at least 1 more ST fumble recovery.

After halftime:

post 1105: The zebras are trying to let Denver back into it.

post 1143: Why do we root for a team that is not beloved by the NFL were we can get the calls to go our way. Its horrendous how the refs do us.

post 1145: Champions respond....let's do this.

post 1188: wow. those fumbles are rolling our way. WHEW. thank you ronnie

post 1209: You hear that Denver, get in the fetal position.

post 1300: So I guess Denver can just jump offsides any time they want? I guess ESPN is setting up a "comeback" for Peyton Manning.

post 1534: Will be down by 11 in about 12 minutes. 3 and out or INT coming up. Peyton goes down field again. Another 3 and out or INT. Peyton goes down field again. 35-24 Broncos. Book it.

Post 1708: Tight end wasn't set when the ball was snapped. Multiple occasions of Manning false starts. But hey. It's Manning

:Broncos:<!-- / message -->
<!-- / message -->

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Taco John
10-20-2012, 01:04 AM
How can a 1-4 team talk that much trash?

menonite
10-20-2012, 01:39 AM

Hurricane Katrina.

gunns
10-20-2012, 08:15 AM
Only fans of loser teams? So we still have the replacement refs?

Yes, the refs in the GB game did influence the outcome, because, IMO, it was the wrong call. It's probably the only game I've seen in my lifetime, that a team could say that. The replacement refs made a lot of bad calls or non calls. The real refs make bad calls. And damn they can be frustrating.

But much like the crybaby Raider fans with the tuck rule and SD with the Hochuli game, teams have 60 minutes to play the game and if good enough, get a score that if a ref makes a questionable call, it doesn't affect the end of the game or buck up after the call and do something. The Raiders decided not to advance the ball after that call and went to OT where they had the chance to win that game. SD should have stopped us after that call and they still had time afterward, albeit little, to do something. It's much like the world today, let's find somebody else to blame because heaven forbid we are part of the blame.

baja
10-20-2012, 08:20 AM
Yes, the refs in the GB game did influence the outcome, because, IMO, it was the wrong call. It's probably the only game I've seen in my lifetime, that a team could say that. The replacement refs made a lot of bad calls or non calls. The real refs make bad calls. And damn they can be frustrating.

But much like the crybaby Raider fans with the tuck rule and SD with the Hochuli game, teams have 60 minutes to play the game and if good enough, get a score that if a ref makes a questionable call, it doesn't affect the end of the game or buck up after the call and do something. The Raiders decided not to advance the ball after that call and went to OT where they had the chance to win that game. SD should have stopped us after that call and they still had time afterward, albeit little, to do something. It's much like the world today, let's find somebody else to blame because heaven forbid we are part of the blame.

Ain't that the truth.

dictionary
10-20-2012, 08:22 AM

Two words: Bourbon Street. Also, when you are in possession of a losing record, trash talking is a cheap (apologies for the cliche) alternative to discourse about future prospects directly related to winning.

SeedReaver
10-20-2012, 08:53 AM
Went to a cajun breakfast place not too long ago. . Their drink special was "milk punch". Hmmm, I ask my girlfriend, what is milk punch? The toothless guy at the table next to mine with eighteen kids and a scary wife smiles and says "Best drink from Louisiana!" I happily took his advice, and ended up with bourbon mixed with half and half with nutmeg sprinkled on top at 7:30 in the morning. Was it good? No. It was like egg nog mixed with fire water. Did I drink it all? You bet. Moral of the story - don't take advice from a table neighbor that acts like a saints fan and looks like a chef fan.

dictionary
10-20-2012, 09:00 AM
Went to a cajun breakfast place not too long ago. . Their drink special was "milk punch". Hmmm, I ask my girlfriend, what is milk punch? The toothless guy at the table next to mine with eighteen kids and a scary wife smiles and says "Best drink from Louisiana!" I happily took his advice, and ended up with bourbon mixed with half and half with nutmeg sprinkled on top at 7:30 in the morning. Was it good? No. It was like egg nog mixed with fire water. Did I drink it all? You bet. Moral of the story - don't take advice from a table neighbor that acts like a saints fan and looks like a chef fan.

The only thing bourbon should be mixed with is coffee. Props for giving it a go though.

SeedReaver
10-20-2012, 09:18 AM
The only thing bourbon should be mixed with is coffee. Props for giving it a go though.
Never tried bourbon & coffee. Just a little whiskey and put black coffee on top? I love bourbon and I love black coffee, I see absolutely nothing that could go wrong.

gunns
10-20-2012, 09:25 AM

LOL

Bigdawg26
10-20-2012, 09:43 AM

LOL! Funny story, but I dunno if I would take advice from a toothless guy. I'm from New Orleans and I never heard of milk punch though. My grandmother told me back in day people would drink bourbon and black coffee or scotch and milk, but never bourbon with half and half. And the best drink from New Orleans to me are Hurricanes or Egg Nog daiquiris.

SeedReaver
10-20-2012, 09:51 AM
LOL! Funny story, but I dunno if I would take advice from a toothless guy. I'm from New Orleans and I never heard of milk punch though. My grandmother told me back in day people would drink bourbon and black coffee or scotch and milk, but never bourbon with half and half. And the best drink from New Orleans to me are Hurricanes or Egg Nog daiquiris.
Of course you haven't heard of milk punch. You're not toothless.