PDA

View Full Version : You Know You Want It!

Tombstone RJ
10-16-2012, 07:19 PM
That's right, it's never too early to discuss...

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2013_1.php

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfldraftscout-RobRang

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfldraftscout-DaneBrugler

One link has the Broncos drafting Lattimore, another has the Broncos drafting Jenkins the big DT, and another has the Broncos taking the CB from Mississippi State.

You're welcome to add more links. In fact, I encourage it!

TheReverend
10-16-2012, 07:24 PM
If we draft a RB that high, again, I'll go full nuclear.

bronco militia
10-16-2012, 07:31 PM
There is a Draft forum

TheReverend
10-16-2012, 07:39 PM
There is a Draft forum

That doesn't exist until January.

McDman
10-16-2012, 07:44 PM
There is a Draft forum

You didn't have to open the thread if it offended you.

broncocalijohn
10-16-2012, 07:52 PM
You didn't have to open the thread if it offended you.

LOL! Yeah, "You know you want it" tells him that this is a draft forum. Too early and too lame. Only thing it would be good for is to pick positions. We are 3 and 3 and within 1 game eithe way from most of the league. To early to tell where we will be in the draft order.

gyldenlove
10-16-2012, 07:55 PM
I think right now we have quite a few options, LB, S, CB, DT, TE. It is entirely too early to really be serious about speculating. As a general rule I don't like DT as early as the CBS mock drafts have us drafting, I think in that situation CB would be the prime target.

broncocalijohn
10-16-2012, 08:08 PM
We are picking #32 this coming draft anyways.

Tombstone RJ
10-16-2012, 08:16 PM
We are picking #32 this coming draft anyways.

:strong:

now you're talk'n!

Tombstone RJ
10-16-2012, 08:17 PM
Besides, we got two more weeks until the next game, why not speculamate a little about the draft?

Broncoman13
10-16-2012, 08:23 PM

I'd be okay with Latimore that high, assuming he can break into the high 4.4/low 4.5 range. He reminds a little bit of a Arian Foster type back. Powerful and patient with a nose for the end zone. I don't see very many good backs in this draft. You?

tsiguy96
10-16-2012, 08:25 PM
we just benched our 5'10 MLB for a 14 year vet, our new FA safety for another FA safety mid-game, and our 2 young corners both had huge picks and return TDs the last game. i dont think CB is near the need that MLB or safety is.

Dexter
10-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Manti Te'o. Trade our 2nd or 3rd to move up to grab him if we have to. Then make depth picks at DT, RB, S with whatever we have left. IMO

Tombstone RJ
10-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Manti Te'o. Trade our 2nd or 3rd to move up to grab him if we have to. Then make depth picks at DT, RB, S with whatever we have left. IMO

these mocks have Te'o droping into the 20s, but if he has a great combine then I doubt he makes it out of the top 10. I'd love for the Broncos to get him but I seriously doubt it happens. I'd be Ok with a CB too. In today's NFL the defensive secondary is just too important to ignore. If you got a chance at a blue chip CB you take him. LBer is just a tad easier to fill. That being said, I agree in that MLB at this point and time looks to be Denver's biggest need. I'm still hoping Irving becomes a starting LBer but we shall see...

OBF1
10-16-2012, 09:07 PM
According to the Walter mock draft, It appears we could trade up in the 1st to get Te'o and stay put in the 3rd for Montee Ball. Both needs, both are excellent choices.

maher_tyler
10-16-2012, 09:15 PM
According to the Walter mock draft, It appears we could trade up in the 1st to get Te'o and stay put in the 3rd for Montee Ball. Both needs, both are excellent choices.

Montee Ball in the third would be a nice pick up...

DenverBroncosJM
10-16-2012, 11:49 PM

That would be awesome

BroncoMan4ever
10-17-2012, 12:16 AM

As much as I would love Te'o in Denver, this team still needs a top flight DT. Is it smart to mortgage the draft for a LB we need only to wind up inserting placeholder/stop gap type players at other positions of need

BroncoMan4ever
10-17-2012, 12:17 AM
Montee Ball in the third would be a nice pick up...

That would be a boner inspiring pick. Dude's gonna be a beast.

2KBack
10-17-2012, 05:17 AM

seconded, a complete waste

2KBack
10-17-2012, 05:30 AM
That would be a boner inspiring pick. Dude's gonna be a beast.

I think Ball will be a better Pro than Ron Dayne, but overall I don't like taking Wisconsin backs. It's like Drafting a Steve Spurrier QB.

Baba Booey
10-17-2012, 05:52 AM
The only positions I wouldn't touch are QB and TE.

Priority-wise, I think we obviously need that every-down, impact MLB we've been missing since Wilson. Te'o or the guy from LSU are two to consider.

At CB I'd love Millner or I guess the guy from Mississippi State who seems to be climbing on everyone's lists.

I'm not too familiar with the guys at DT aside from that manimal from Utah and the dude from OSU.

I think we'd all love to see us add an impact player opposite Von at OLB or opposite Doom at DE, although Wolfe is quickly becoming an effective part of the D.

Pretty much depth all across the board.

GoBroncos DownUnder
10-17-2012, 05:58 AM
http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2013_1.php

Welcome to Walter Football ... the only place in the world where the 2012 KC Chiefs will go 10-6! Hilarious!

Dumb-asses!

socalorado
10-17-2012, 06:03 AM

yes, yes and yes.
Te'o. Move up and get him.
He's a 3 down LB who can play in either the 3-4 or the 4-3, and hes an explosive force.
Lord does DEN need this guy. And remember kids, i am an SC alum and have NO love for the putrid irish cumrags.
Get a DT and a RB later.

TheReverend
10-17-2012, 06:08 AM
yes, yes and yes.
Te'o. Move up and get him.
He's a 3 down LB who can play in either the 3-4 or the 4-3, and hes an explosive force.
Lord does DEN need this guy. And remember kids, i am an SC alum and have NO love for the putrid irish cumrags.
Get a DT and a RB later.

All the early love towards Te'o means he's got a really good chance of getting over-scouted and sliding towards us.

2KBack
10-17-2012, 06:14 AM
The only positions I wouldn't touch are QB and TE.

Priority-wise, I think we obviously need that every-down, impact MLB we've been missing since Wilson. Te'o or the guy from LSU are two to consider.

At CB I'd love Millner or I guess the guy from Mississippi State who seems to be climbing on everyone's lists.

I'm not too familiar with the guys at DT aside from that manimal from Utah and the dude from OSU.

I think we'd all love to see us add an impact player opposite Von at OLB or opposite Doom at DE, although Wolfe is quickly becoming an effective part of the D.

Pretty much depth all across the board.

Will Sutton may end up going too high, but he would be a similar disruptive force to Wolfe that would play end and DT on passing downs (he's a tad undersized for a 4-3 tackle). As for a good Fatty for the middle, Georgia actually has a couple of them that would make for good space eaters.

maher_tyler
10-17-2012, 06:14 AM
As much as I would love Te'o in Denver, this team still needs a top flight DT. Is it smart to mortgage the draft for a LB we need only to wind up inserting placeholder/stop gap type players at other positions of need

I would do it only if he fell to 10 or lower.

Looking at the standings, Tennessee, Cleveland, Buffalo, and Tampa Bay?, are the only ones that might be picking in the top 10 that seem to need a MLB. I could be wrong as i'm not all that familure with most other teams rosters.

Bacchus
10-17-2012, 06:20 AM
I do not know any of these people you guys are discussing.

Kaylore
10-17-2012, 06:42 AM
I was thinking corner originally, but now I'd like to see us take one in rounds 2-3 and look at Linebacker. Safety and DT wouldn't be too bad. Who are going to be free agents at the end of this year?

sgbfan
10-17-2012, 07:00 AM
I rank our priorities like this

1- MLB- the reasons are obvious
2- DT- No impact players, we have a few good players for depth, but could use a playmaker here. Maybe the Wolfe develops into an impact DT.
3- RB- You need 2 good RB in this league. McGahee is great, but I doubt he even lasts this year. Hillman has potential, but even if he becomes an everydown back, he can't carry the full load.
4- S- This is a big ? for me. If Carter were healthy it would be a much lower priority as Moore has shown to be at least serviceable. Will champ move to FS? If so, this would be even lower.
5- OLB- I like DJ, but he doesn't help much if he keeps getting suspended. Maybe Trevethan or Irving is a good long term answer here, but I think they are nothing more than good depth.
5- TE- Much improved over last year, but would like a stud here.
6- OL- Need depth. They have improved since last year. Need them to stay healthy to see what they can do. Koppen was an inspired signing.
7- CB- I like what I have seen in the young guys. Harris has been solid. Carter was surprisingly good as well. If they like what they have seen out of Bolden, then I don't see this as much of a need.
8- DE- Some people may have this ranked higher, but we have don't need another DE for pass rushing. Between Ayers, Wolfe, and Jackson (who looked good in Pre-season) I don't see this as a big need for a while.
9- WR- I like Decker and DT. Could use a young, solid, 3rd WR, but I don't consider it a need.
10-QB- Don't think this one needs explanation

With that being said, here's how I hope they take the draft

1- Get a stud MLB or DT. I say move up to get Te'o. Give up next year's first if you need to. I think Te'o makes an immediate impact and becomes one of our best defenders at what was our weakest position.
2- RB. Don't know who will be available, but preferably a workload type that can run between the tackles and pick up the hard first downs (Lacy, Ball, Bell possibly)
3- WLB or S.
4-7 These are mostly depth picks. I think the Broncos did an awesome job last year of using their picks to take players in order of highest priority (with the exception of taking a QB and not picking a MLB). Hopefully they do the same this year. I think TE, OL, WR are the best values for our needs as far as finding someone who will stick in the late rounds.

DBroncos4life
10-17-2012, 08:26 AM
I was thinking corner originally, but now I'd like to see us take one in rounds 2-3 and look at Linebackeker. Safety and DT wouldn't be too bad. Who are going to be free agents at the end of this year?

Ed Reed, Charles Woodson, and Kerry Rhodes at the safety position. Erin Henderson, Daryl Smith, and Brian Urlacher at LB. Kyle Williams, Kevin Williams, Richard Seymour, and Randy Starks at DT.

DENVERDUI55
10-17-2012, 08:56 AM
I want Denver to take DL, LB, S early next year.