PDA

View Full Version : Broncos 4th place in AFC

kappys
10-16-2012, 06:26 AM
Amazing that only 2 teams in the AFC having winning records right now.

We fall behind the Texans, Ravens, and Pats and just ahead of the Jets due to common opponent(Pitt).

Its still wide open folks

TheChamp24
10-16-2012, 06:58 AM
I think the Brian Cushing injury will really hurt the Texans, just like Ray Lewis and Webb's injury for the Ravens.
Ravens have been extremely lucky the past 2 weeks to be honest.
Every team looks beatable in the AFC, I don't feel there is any complete team.

Agamemnon
10-16-2012, 08:44 AM
Amazing that only 2 teams in the AFC having winning records right now.

We fall behind the Texans, Ravens, and Pats and just ahead of the Jets due to common opponent(Pitt).

Its still wide open folks

What exactly is wide open? Are you talking about home field advantage? Obviously the division is ours for the taking but the only way we manage home field advantage is to go 10-0 from here on out. Honestly I'm not even sure that's enough seeing as we would still lose out to the Texans if they match our record.

Kaylore
10-16-2012, 08:53 AM
Ten games left. We can definitely be one of the home field teams if we get some help against the Pats and beat the Ravens.

canadianbroncosfan
10-16-2012, 09:04 AM
I don't care how early in the season it is, this feels good. Especially knowing we have the ever so important division wins against the only two teams that may give us a run for the AFC West title.

Agamemnon
10-16-2012, 09:15 AM
Ten games left. We can definitely be one of the home field teams if we get some help against the Pats and beat the Ravens.

Let's just keep in mind that we have yet to win two games in a row this season. Not to say it isn't possible, but we are 3-3 for a reason, and that reason was staring us right in the face for much of last night's game. At this point I'll be happy with winning the division and hosting a playoff game. I just don't see a team capable of going the 8-2 or 9-1 over the next ten that would likely be required to get a bye, at least not yet. Here's hoping they've turned the corner...

maher_tyler
10-16-2012, 09:39 AM
As long as the stupid turnovers continue we will struggle to get wins. Cinci, Saints, Ravens even the Browns could easily be a loss if we can't protect the ball better. Only so much 1 guy(Manning) can do for a team.

kappys
10-16-2012, 09:43 AM
What exactly is wide open? Are you talking about home field advantage? Obviously the division is ours for the taking but the only way we manage home field advantage is to go 10-0 from here on out. Honestly I'm not even sure that's enough seeing as we would still lose out to the Texans if they match our record.

A lot can happen in the next 10 games. Teams that start strong falter all the time, we know that better than most. The Ravens are dealing with significant defensive injuries on a defense that hadn't been performing that great even before Lewis and Webb got hurt. They could easily start dropping some games. The Texans are a solid team but hardly unassailable and losing Cushing was a big blow. NE has been very up and down so far.

I doubt we need to go 10-0 to get home field advantage. I'll bet the best AFC team goes 12-4 this season. That still means only dropping 1 or possibly 2 games to get out of the wildcard round, feasible if we can stop fumbling the ball and Peyton continues to execute at a high level

Drunken.Broncoholic
10-16-2012, 09:54 AM
Come December the wildcard chase is gonna be an interesting mess

Bacchus
10-16-2012, 11:42 AM
As long as the stupid turnovers continue we will struggle to get wins. Cinci, Saints, Ravens even the Browns could easily be a loss if we can't protect the ball better. Only so much 1 guy(Manning) can do for a team.

Yes, the turnovers need to stop.

Agamemnon
10-16-2012, 11:45 AM
A lot can happen in the next 10 games. Teams that start strong falter all the time, we know that better than most. The Ravens are dealing with significant defensive injuries on a defense that hadn't been performing that great even before Lewis and Webb got hurt. They could easily start dropping some games. The Texans are a solid team but hardly unassailable and losing Cushing was a big blow. NE has been very up and down so far.

I doubt we need to go 10-0 to get home field advantage. I'll bet the best AFC team goes 12-4 this season. That still means only dropping 1 or possibly 2 games to get out of the wildcard round, feasible if we can stop fumbling the ball and Peyton continues to execute at a high level

To go 12-4 we need to go 9-1. That's still hard to believe unless you willingly pretend that this team doesn't have a pronounced tendency to self-destruct.

Rohirrim
10-16-2012, 01:48 PM
13 & 3, baby! !Booya!

broncocalijohn
10-16-2012, 01:51 PM
I don't care how early in the season it is, this feels good. Especially knowing we have the ever so important division wins against the only two teams that may give us a run for the AFC West title.

LOL at that "Top 5" offense Oakland Raiders. 87 points scored and only 8 TDs. They score less than the Chiefs. Hilarious!

cutthemdown
10-16-2012, 05:05 PM
The thing about turnovers is once you start getting them its sometimes easier said then down to make them stop. Hopefully the pick 6, the fumble return for a td, will spark a run of the Broncos getting tunrovers.

Houshyamama
10-16-2012, 06:33 PM
I think the Brian Cushing injury will really hurt the Texans, just like Ray Lewis and Webb's injury for the Ravens.
Ravens have been extremely lucky the past 2 weeks to be honest.
Every team looks beatable in the AFC, I don't feel there is any complete team.

I honestly think the most complete team in the league is the Giants.

Atlanta and Texas definitely vulnerable.

I would say:

1. Giants
2. Packers
3. Falcons
4. Texans
5. Niners
6. Ravens
8. Patriots
8. Bears
10. Seahawks
10. Broncos

We can beat any of those teams.

errand
10-16-2012, 07:10 PM
"Nobody has ever won the Super bowl without first making the playoffs....all you have to do is get in the playoffs and any team can go on a 3-4 game run" - Rod Smith

Bacchus
10-16-2012, 07:38 PM
To go 12-4 we need to go 9-1. That's still hard to believe unless you willingly pretend that this team doesn't have a pronounced tendency to self-destruct.

Yes, but Manning will be working this during the bye week, no worries.

mhgaffney
10-16-2012, 08:25 PM
the bye week came at a good time.

TheReverend
10-16-2012, 08:27 PM

We just need to get the broom out and finish it.

chadta
10-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Let's just keep in mind that we have yet to win two games in a row this season.

I prefer to think we havent won two weeks in a row, so this week is our week to lose. Lucky for us we dont have a game.