PDA

View Full Version : mcgahee, DT, decker

MrPeepers
10-15-2012, 11:23 PM
we had our turnovers, but these guys really focused on not coughing it up or watching it fly through their hands. Good things to come!

DBroncos4life
10-15-2012, 11:26 PM
How come that backwards pass from Manning to Mcgahee wasn't counted as a rush?

theAPAOps5
10-15-2012, 11:34 PM
we had our turnovers, but these guys really focused on not coughing it up or watching it fly through their hands. Good things to come!

Yes and now special teams gets to carry around the green ball all week! And decker gets to learn not to fall lie a Sally on a wide open TD.

BroncoMan4ever
10-15-2012, 11:40 PM
Yes and now special teams gets to carry around the green ball all week! And decker gets to learn not to fall lie a Sally on a wide open TD.

Even with that dunce moment, Decker was beastly tonight. His TD in the 4th was just him carrying defenders with him to the end zone. Straight up determination and grit from Decker. He and DT are just getting better every week.

Pendejo
10-15-2012, 11:41 PM

Yeah. I swear he wouldn't have scored if the Chargers' D hadn't held him up. He would've gone down face first at the two.

Looking like a complete jackass on national television clearly doesn't phase him...as he definitely contributed to the win.

theAPAOps5
10-15-2012, 11:44 PM
Even with that dunce moment, Decker was beastly tonight. His TD in the 4th was just him carrying defenders with him to the end zone. Straight up determination and grit from Decker. He and DT are just getting better every week.

Oh I was down on him and don't like his mistakes. But I am not afraid to admit that while he has a knack for horrid plays, he also has beast type make up plays. It is very frustratin. He and DT are young so it hopefully can get corrected. DT is definitely getting better.

MrPeepers
10-15-2012, 11:45 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-o3t13af57C8/TiTX_UdQQNI/AAAAAAAAQ60/LJD12A4lcxw/s1600/FGGoLong.gif

ZONA
10-15-2012, 11:45 PM

Is there anything more embarrassing in the league then what happened to Decker. I mean, a pick six, maybe the CB makes a great play or the QB just made a bad throw. A fumble maybe the guy hits the ball just right. Or even, as DT did a few weeks ago you just accidentally drop the ball. But all of these there are several factors that come into play.

But to be running in open field with nobody around to trip over your own feet, I think that gets my vote for biggest choke play in the league. There are no factors that come into play here, there's no technique coached for this, there's no decision to make, there's no nothing. You're just running.

Glad he made up for it though. He would have had a real hard 2 weeks if we lost.

ward63
10-16-2012, 06:00 AM

That's only in college

CEH
10-16-2012, 07:09 AM
Still not a fan of Decker. Falling down is inexusable. Being tackled by the 42 yard line resulted in a 14 point swing.

A historic comeback masks his stupid stupid play. This is the NFL.

Add in his pussy slide in the HOU game and he will have to step up big time for me to see him in a different light

rbackfactory80
10-16-2012, 07:22 AM
Is there anything more embarrassing in the league then what happened to Decker. I mean, a pick six, maybe the CB makes a great play or the QB just made a bad throw. A fumble maybe the guy hits the ball just right. Or even, as DT did a few weeks ago you just accidentally drop the ball. But all of these there are several factors that come into play.

But to be running in open field with nobody around to trip over your own feet, I think that gets my vote for biggest choke play in the league. There are no factors that come into play here, there's no technique coached for this, there's no decision to make, there's no nothing. You're just running.

Glad he made up for it though. He would have had a real hard 2 weeks if we lost.

That is something that needs to be looked at. You trust Decker in a playoff game???I sure as hell don't.

DBroncos4life
10-16-2012, 07:24 AM
That is something that needs to be looked at. You trust Decker in a playoff game???I sure as hell don't.

You don't even think the team is good period. 40 points please.

rbackfactory80
10-16-2012, 07:25 AM
You don't even think the team is good period. 40 points please.

Bring your BS somewhere else. Stop pissing on everyone's parades.

I have been right a hell of a lot more than I have been wrong on this board, more than I can say about you.

DBroncos4life
10-16-2012, 07:30 AM
Bring your BS somewhere else. Stop pissing on everyone's parades.

I have been right a hell of a lot more than I have been wrong on this board, more than I can say about you.

Oh this is a negative thread? Sorry I'll take my I don't think everything sucks elsewhere. Lol the **** you have! I'm sure you went balls deep on the McFail train!

barryr
10-16-2012, 07:34 AM
I'd like to see Caldwell get more of a chance since they could use more speed in the passing game. I know Willis plays ST's, but Caldwell is the better WR.

rbackfactory80
10-16-2012, 07:39 AM
Oh this is a negative thread? Sorry I'll take my I don't think everything sucks elsewhere. Lol the **** you have! I'm sure you went balls deep on the McFail train!

Another dumb ass post by you. Why don't you do a search?

You are like the Manning of this board. You are breaking all the records except for the wrong reasons.

DBroncos4life
10-16-2012, 07:45 AM
Another dumb ass post by you. Why don't you do a search?

You are like the Manning of this board. You are breaking all the records except for the wrong reasons.

Sorry you are butt hurt we didn't allow 40 points. As for trusting Decker come playoffs, you don't think we are good enough to make it remember! Manning does trust Decker, stop crying.

rbackfactory80
10-16-2012, 08:07 AM
Sorry you are butt hurt we didn't allow 40 points. As for trusting Decker come playoffs, you don't think we are good enough to make it remember! Manning does trust Decker, stop crying.

I picked this team to go 9-7. Still very possible, more like 10-6 though.

If 9-7 gets us in the playoffs so be it, and it just might.

BTW I went to bed a happy man last night. No crying here.

Jekyll15Hyde
10-16-2012, 09:35 AM
That's only in college

incorrect

fwf
10-16-2012, 10:13 AM

Yep. Decker was impressive tonight. I wasnt ready to commit to him, but after tonight he showed he's a pro and belongs here.

Broncoman13
10-16-2012, 10:41 AM

Decker said after the game that he will take a lot of shiat for that one in the locker room and fully expects to be on C'Mon Man this week.

BroncoMan4ever
10-16-2012, 11:08 AM

Give me a break on this noise. Decker is hardly the first person to ever trip over his own feet. Sure it happened at a bad time and made him look like a bit of a fool. Sure his teammates will give him hell for it, but he didn't let it affect the rest of his game. His red zone catch and run where he had defenders draped on him and he muscled his way to the end zone made up for his blunder and was a great play in itself. I trust Decker in big moments and more importantly, so does Peyton.

gyldenlove
10-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Give me a break on this noise. Decker is hardly the first person to ever trip over his own feet. Sure it happened at a bad time and made him look like a bit of a fool. Sure his teammates will give him hell for it, but he didn't let it affect the rest of his game. His red zone catch and run where he had defenders draped on him and he muscled his way to the end zone made up for his blunder and was a great play in itself. I trust Decker in big moments and more importantly, so does Peyton.

He is 13th in the league in recieving yards and 11th in receptions, I think he will survive a little noise for tripping on that play.

Fact is that no team in a league has a duo of pass catchers with more yards combined than Thomas and Decker, although it is close since they are tied with Atlanta with White and Gonzales.

DENVERDUI55
10-16-2012, 11:23 AM

It will probably get changed.

Miss I.
10-16-2012, 11:37 AM
He is 13th in the league in recieving yards and 11th in receptions, I think he will survive a little noise for tripping on that play.

Fact is that no team in a league has a duo of pass catchers with more yards combined than Thomas and Decker, although it is close since they are tied with Atlanta with White and Gonzales.

Does this mean I can put my Decker shrine back up? excellent. ;D

No, but seriously, I have to admit the tripping thing made me go WTF? And I've been giving crap to my friend in Minnesota, saying, dang dude, don't you guys know how to run in that state? But truth is that whole team changed coming out 2nd half. He did come back out and work his pretty little ass off. So did the others. Now our special teams, well they still put the special in special, but the defense, who also wasn't exactly on all cylinders in the first half, came out and kicked some arse and it was fun. Now if we could just teach them that should be for the entire game and not just for miracle comebacks, that'd be cool.

gunns
10-16-2012, 11:45 AM
Yeah. I swear he wouldn't have scored if the Chargers' D hadn't held him up. He would've gone down face first at the two.

Looking like a complete jackass on national television clearly doesn't phase him...as he definitely contributed to the win.

Really? The only thing that helped him was Stokely pushing him. They weren't holding him up, that was sheer effort. I recall a similar WR back in the day that consistently had problems....Rod Smith. I have no worries about Decker.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ws4RMcZApvI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BroncoMan4ever
10-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Does this mean I can put my Decker shrine back up? excellent. ;D

No, but seriously, I have to admit the tripping thing made me go WTF? And I've been giving crap to my friend in Minnesota, saying, dang dude, don't you guys know how to run in that state? But truth is that whole team changed coming out 2nd half. He did come back out and work his pretty little ass off. So did the others. Now our special teams, well they still put the special in special, but the defense, who also wasn't exactly on all cylinders in the first half, came out and kicked some arse and it was fun. Now if we could just teach them that should be for the entire game and not just for miracle comebacks, that'd be cool.

Speakin of our special teams. Has anyone else seen the push Bruton has been getting on punts. He was getting double teamed yesterday on the chargers punt blocking because he was so close on a couple near blocks.

lolcopter
10-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Still not a fan of Decker. Falling down is inexusable. Being tackled by the 42 yard line resulted in a 14 point swing.

Add in his p***Y slide in the HOU game and he will have to step up big time for me to see him in a different light

Fully agree

Average at best

BroncoMan4ever
10-16-2012, 02:36 PM

Add in his p***Y slide in the HOU game and he will have to step up big time for me to see him in a different light

Yeah, I'm sure he's the only guy to trip himself on a breakaway run. Give me a break. It was bad luck on his part. But regardless of that moment or what you think of him or a couple dunce moments, you have to give him his dues. He had several big catches and his TD catch showed his grit and determination. He could have hung his head and moped about that play, but he came out in the 2nd half and played his ass off to make up for that play

gunns
10-16-2012, 02:41 PM

Are you kidding me? It appeared to be a blip that happened before a historic comeback and effort. Maybe you can put in a word to God to come down and play so you can have that perfect WR. But make sure to ask him if we can keep DT and Decker so you can have something to bitch about.

CEH
10-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Whatever

You guys act like tripping on a break away TD is a common occurance for a professional athlete whose paid $MM to perform at a high level

Jekyll15Hyde
10-16-2012, 03:22 PM
Fully agree

Average at best

I wouldnt say average but in an ideal world, I would want him at #3 and someone else competing with DT for the 1/1A position.

Just want 1 more dangerous WR.

CEH
10-16-2012, 03:24 PM
I wouldnt say average but in an ideal world, I would want him at #3 and someone else competing with DT for the 1/1A position.

A Percy Harvin type WR would be epic

hades
10-16-2012, 03:32 PM

It totally was not Deckers fault. It was the guy at Buffalo Wild Wings that popped the sprinkler head up and he tripped over it. All he activated was the one, really quickly and BAM, he snags it with his foot and falls over.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cIVtwjdfb2M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Miss I.
10-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Whatever

You guys act like tripping on a break away TD is a common occurance for a professional athlete whose paid $MM to perform at a high level

I don't think it's a common occurrence, but what I also noticed was that even while he tripped, he knew he wasn't down by contact and got up and kept moving. Granted by that time the defense had caught up to him and stopped the drive. yes it killed what should've been a TD, but we didnt' have to turn it over in the next play did we?? No. Decker may have had a misstep and certainly has earned criticism and needs to work on improving that, but he did not give up as is evidenced in the 2nd half. He didn't give up and I don't think we should either.

Lestat
10-16-2012, 03:41 PM
i'm really curious to see how DT and Decker play next season. they're getting there slowly but surely every week but a full season with Peyton is gonna be huge.

barryr
10-16-2012, 03:51 PM
A Percy Harvin type WR would be epic

Agreed. I have stated that too, a WR with great speed to stretch the field. It would help make the underneath routes even more open. I know I'd rather see that than the 2 yard pass patterns for the TE.

rbackfactory80
10-16-2012, 04:22 PM

Not so sure about that.

BroncoMan4ever
10-16-2012, 07:22 PM
Not so sure about that.

Crunch time inside the 10 needing a score he wrnt to Decker. He didn't lose faith in Decker after tripping himself. On average 6 receptions a game, means Peyton is looking for him on the field. If Peyton didn't trust him, Decker's stats wouldn't be an average of 6 catches a game and 75-80 yards a game. He is Peyton's top target and DT is his homerun hitter

BroncoMan4ever
10-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Agreed. I have stated that too, a WR with great speed to stretch the field. It would help make the underneath routes even more open. I know I'd rather see that than the 2 yard pass patterns for the TE.

I'd love to see Hillman in the passing game more for that explosive ability

gunns
10-16-2012, 08:22 PM

Why would DT be #1? I'd sure as hell rather have a player trip on a break away TD than a professional player who's paid $MM to play at a high level fumbling the damn ball to the other team on a break away TD. But I guess that's a common occurrence we can accept.

Lestat
10-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Why would DT be #1? I'd sure as hell rather have a player trip on a break away TD than a professional player who's paid $MM to play at a high level fumbling the damn ball to the other team on a break away TD. But I guess that's a common occurrence we can accept.

DT can make plays that Decker just physically can't. Decker is no slouch as a athlete but DT is a damn freak.

both of them screw up royally at times but DT can take a play from the 20 to the house in a flash, Decker is more of a possession type.
DT's flashes of freakdom make it easier to forget his screw ups.

personally though, DT and Decker should be #1 & #2, we need a cat quick and shift slot type to be the #3 and i think the best way to do that is through the draft. the only problem is Peyton is long in the tooth and vets work better for him right now at this stage and moving forward.