PDA

View Full Version : 3-3 at the bye

mwill07
10-15-2012, 09:42 PM
about what most of us had hoped for. We had some losses and plenty of reasons to be pessimistic. But after tonight win, I don't buy any of it.

We were in the game @ATL, despite 3 int's. We were in the game vs HOU late. We were in the game @NE, despite being out-game planned on the defensive side.

We have a week off, and the schedule lightens up considerably the rest of the way . I'm stoked to see how this turns out! After 6 games, this is the most optimistic I've been since 2005, easily!

GBPMFM&GBJE!

SoCalBronco
10-15-2012, 09:48 PM
It's a decent place to be at. We've had a murderous schedule and we're still in 1st in the division and have probably gotten into SD's head. I'm happy with where we are at considering all the circumstances.

We have to build on it, though.

McDman
10-15-2012, 09:56 PM
If we play decent in the first half we may be 4-2.

Cito Pelon
10-15-2012, 10:02 PM
I'm happy the team is on a bye now. After an unbelievable game like this it takes some time to digest.

Bacchus
10-15-2012, 10:03 PM
I predicted 9-7, I think they are in good position to be 10-6. AFC West Champs and lets see what they can do in the playoffs.

maven
10-15-2012, 10:06 PM
2-0 in the AFC West.

http://captionsearch.com/pix/thumb/urvzh7oyn-t.png

Archer81
10-15-2012, 10:09 PM
Small steps. Schedule thus far has been brutal, but nothing says it will suddenly get easier. It definately will not be easier if we keep spotting 14-20 point leads before half.

Great win tonight. Should make the next 13 days bearable.

:Broncos:

SonOfLe-loLang
10-15-2012, 10:42 PM
Should be up from here. Just keep out of our own way. I think we're a really good offense, and a solid D.

maven
10-15-2012, 10:43 PM
Small steps. Schedule thus far has been brutal, but nothing says it will suddenly get easier. It definately will not be easier if we keep spotting 14-20 point leads before half.

Great win tonight. Should make the next 13 days bearable.

:Broncos:

Schedule does get better after the bye. woohoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

enjolras
10-15-2012, 10:44 PM
I still think we'll land at 11-5. There isn't a team remaining that we shouldn't be favored against. A couple of games scare me (the Carolina in particular), but I really think this team is getting ready to win a bunch of games.

maven
10-15-2012, 10:46 PM
I still think we'll land at 11-5. There isn't a team remaining that we shouldn't be favored against. A couple of games scare me (the Carolina in particular), but I really think this team is getting ready to win a bunch of games.

I agree also and tonight was a huge win. I don't expect Denver to be favored in the Baltimore game since it's on the road. I still say 10-6.

razorwire77
10-15-2012, 11:00 PM
3-3 given this brutal stretch of schedule isn't bad. It's not the record I'm worried about, so much as the pattern of getting down multiple scores in the first half. The schedule definitely is much more favorable, but they've still gotta start faster. Saints, @Bengals, @Panthers still isn't an easy road.

maven
10-15-2012, 11:05 PM
3-3 given this brutal stretch of schedule isn't bad. It's not the record I'm worried about, so much as the pattern of getting down multiple scores in the first half. The schedule definitely is much more favorable, but they've still gotta start faster. Saints, @Bengals, @Panthers still isn't an easy road.

I'll take it. Just look at the AFC as a whole right now. Even the invincible Texans got slaughtered and the Broncos had a chance to possibly win the game. Cushing is gone. The key is 2-0 in the AFC West and 3-2 in the AFC as of today. I'll definitely take it.

ZONA
10-15-2012, 11:07 PM
If we play decent in the first half we may be 4-2.

I was thinking more like 5-1, actually it really isn't that far fetched to believe it could have been 6-0 with even half of the plethora of mistakes.

That's encouraging. Let me spell that out for guys like maven who can't seem to interpret correctly.

BRONCOS GOOD. BRONCOS DO BETTER MAYBE IF LESS MISTAKES. RAH RAH. GO TEAM.

:yayaya:

ZONA
10-15-2012, 11:09 PM
I agree also and tonight was a huge win. I don't expect Denver to be favored in the Baltimore game since it's on the road. I still say 10-6.

Oh yeah, rain on our parade why don't you. You don't think we can beat the Ravens, ah, man you just rained on our parade.

Taco John
10-15-2012, 11:38 PM
It's a decent place to be at. We've had a murderous schedule and we're still in 1st in the division and have probably gotten into SD's head. I'm happy with where we are at considering all the circumstances.

We have to build on it, though.

We have a great opportunity to do just that - build on it. We've got a week to get healthy and rested, and then another week to focus on the Saints in another prime time battle. Beating the Saints will be a real statement game for the Broncos, and could be the start of a very good thing:

vs. Saints
@ Bengals
@ Panthers
vs. San Diego

We need to do better than 2-2 here. 3-1 is the worst we should do. This could be a real fun stretch for us...

ZONA
10-15-2012, 11:46 PM
We have a great opportunity to do just that - build on it. We've got a week to get healthy and rested, and then another week to focus on the Saints in another prime time battle. Beating the Saints will be a real statement game for the Broncos, and could be the start of a very good thing:

vs. Saints
@ Bengals
@ Panthers
vs. San Diego

We need to do better than 2-2 here. 3-1 is the worst we should do. This could be a real fun stretch for us...

If we go 2-2 (5-5) I will be super pissed. That would be epic failure. 3-1 maybe, as long as the 1 loss is not the Chargers. The next goal is beat the Saints and try to string together 2 wins in a row.

swaiy
10-15-2012, 11:55 PM
Never would have guessed Kobe Bryant is a better passer than Rivers

maven
10-16-2012, 12:00 AM
Oh yeah, rain on our parade why don't you. You don't think we can beat the Ravens, ah, man you just rained on our parade.

ROFL!

maven
10-16-2012, 12:01 AM
Never would have guessed Kobe Bryant is a better passer than Rivers

Hilarious!

maven
10-16-2012, 12:04 AM
vs. Saints
@ Bengals
@ Panthers
vs. San Diego

Those @ games worry me more than the home games.

Gort
10-16-2012, 08:28 AM
I predicted 9-7, I think they are in good position to be 10-6. AFC West Champs and lets see what they can do in the playoffs.

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/horsehead.gif

Tombstone RJ
10-16-2012, 08:35 AM

lol, I just read some of your posts on the game thread. Dude, are you bi-polar or something because you were preaching the end times over on that thread.

I guess you're feeling better now.

razorwire77
10-16-2012, 08:36 AM

vs. Saints
@ Bengals
@ Panthers
vs. San Diego

Although more preferable than @NE, Texans, @ Falcons, this is still a tough stretch. Saints, Bengals, Panthers have all underachieved, but they are teams that have the skill position players to exploit elements of our defense. Establishing a pass rush early is going to be critical to go 3-1 or 4-0.

long beach bronco
10-16-2012, 09:04 AM
When Decker tripped over his own feet, that play alone summed up the broncos season thus far. We've been tripping over our own feet. Now, let's recover and win this thing.

Kaylore
10-16-2012, 09:07 AM
I thought we might be 3-3. I didn't think we'd be leadng the division.

Jason in LA
10-16-2012, 09:09 AM
I thought this was a 10 win team coming into the season, and even though they lost some games early in the season with an extremely tough schedule, I still thought this was a 10 win team. Going into last night, I thought that game would determine what this team would do the rest of the way. Falling to 2-4, they would have been chasing .500 the rest of the season. But at 3-3 now, and looking at the schedule the rest of the way, barring injuries, they should be able to at least go 7-3. They can probably do better than that, because the only contender left on the schedule is the Ravens, and they might no be contenders anymore with the injuries that they have. Outside of the Ravens, the Broncos are clearly better than everybody else on their schedule, so they could go on a run. They are in a pretty good position right now.

maher_tyler
10-16-2012, 09:09 AM
lol, I just read some of your posts on the game thread. Dude, are you bi-polar or something because you were preaching the end times over on that thread.

I guess you're feeling better now.

I think most of us were pretty pissed after the first half. The second half was what this team can be when we don't shoot ourselves in the foot.

Atwater His Ass
10-16-2012, 10:22 PM
The first half of the SD game was a huge disappointment for me. Also didn't think we were in the ATL, HOU, or NE game at all really. However, the 2nd half performance in the SD game has me feeling a lot better on this team realizing some of its potential.

Definately think we need to go 3-1 down this stretch and begin to solidify the division, including a second SD win.

Old Dude
10-17-2012, 03:39 AM
My thinking goes like this.

Winning the division has got to be the top priority.

KC is terrible and the Raiders aren't much better, so, for all practical purposes, the race is with the Chargers.

San Diego was given an easier schedule. (Jets and Titans instead of Pats and Texans.)

So beating the Chargers is an absolute key. Fact is that I think Denver needs to sweep them.

Halfway there.

BowlenBall
10-17-2012, 04:11 AM
My thinking goes like this.

Winning the division has got to be the top priority.

KC is terrible and the Raiders aren't much better, so, for all practical purposes, the race is with the Chargers.

San Diego was given an easier schedule. (Jets and Titans instead of Pats and Texans.)

So beating the Chargers is an absolute key. Fact is that I think Denver needs to sweep them.

Halfway there.

Absolutely agree... beating the Chargers at home goes a loooooong way to ensuring our playoff birth in 2012, as it puts us one more game up on them, AND gives us the tie breaker if we finish with the same record.

fdf
10-17-2012, 05:52 AM
Small steps. Schedule thus far has been brutal, but nothing says it will suddenly get easier.

Football Outsiders is awfully good. They have our remaining schedule ranked as the easiest in the league from here on out.

mwill07
10-17-2012, 05:59 AM
Absolutely agree... beating the Chargers at home goes a loooooong way to ensuring our playoff birth in 2012, as it puts us one more game up on them, AND gives us the tie breaker if we finish with the same record.

yeah - if we sweep the chargers, that makes up the 2 game difference in schedule difficulty right there, plus gives us the tie-breaker.

Gotta have it.