PDA

View Full Version : Is Tony Carter better than Porter??

maher_tyler
10-15-2012, 09:07 PM
I think he's played better than Porter has so far. With how well Harris and Carter are playing, do we re-sign him?

Discuss.

chawknz
10-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Absolutely.

Drunken.Broncoholic
10-15-2012, 09:08 PM
He's making a case. But porter had to play with Mays on the field.

SoCalBronco
10-15-2012, 09:12 PM
He had a very good game, as did Chris Harris. I dont know if they are better than Porter, prolly not, but as far as an individual game goes, both did terrific. Both had GREAT awareness of the routes being run and where the ball was going. Did a great job in recognition and undercutting stuff.

Very good to see some promising young corners in the system. I am very proud of both players coming up big tonight.

DBroncos4life
10-15-2012, 09:12 PM
No, but he might make Porter not a big as a need come time to resign him.

theAPAOps5
10-15-2012, 09:14 PM
Tony Carter seemed to be much better in press coverage. They seemed to get burn earlier in the night playing off the WR. Gruden pointed out that they went to more press coverage and it was night and day.

Tony is really good at playing up on the WR. He got called for lame ass PI calls in the preseason but that was more an issue with the replacement refs not having a clue how NFL football is played.

Br0nc0Buster
10-15-2012, 09:16 PM
I loved me some Tony Carter

Great job

Wow and good riddance to Mays

McDman
10-15-2012, 09:18 PM
One good game, guys. This is why we get so butt hurt over players when they turn out worse than we think.

enjolras
10-15-2012, 09:18 PM
No..but Harris is. He'll be starting for this team in 10 years.

Turd_Ferguson
10-15-2012, 09:22 PM
just watching the replay on Carters first INT on ESPN he was beat deep but rivers under threw the ball.. awesome game tonight, but I'll take Porter for the long haul.

maher_tyler
10-15-2012, 09:24 PM
One good game, guys. This is why we get so butt hurt over players when they turn out worse than we think.

Carter has held his own in the games he has started and then some. Other than the pick 6 i don't recall Porter playing as well. Hope he continues to improve with an aging Champ.

razorwire77
10-15-2012, 09:26 PM
Tony seemed like he had better fluidity than Porter, but honestly he was beat on that 9 route, Rivers just limp dicked the pass.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-15-2012, 09:26 PM
No.

He's better than rivers and norv thought he was, but he's a fourth string corner. Depth. Quality depth. Still think you're rolling the dice if you start him.

bap454
10-15-2012, 09:28 PM
Where did Carter come from again?

Bacchus
10-15-2012, 09:31 PM
During the game there were a lot of posts saying Denver has had good drafts and their draft picks suck. Carter and Harris are two young players that came up huge today.

sgbfan
10-15-2012, 09:31 PM
No..but Harris is. He'll be starting for this team in 10 years.

I hope he does before then ;)

steeledude
10-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Who is a middle linebacker now? I didn't know something had happened to Mays, though I heard Irving's name called a few times tonight. Tough listening to a game after watching for so many years--it's kind of a skill to understand what's going on.

Steve Sewell
10-15-2012, 09:34 PM
Part of it is that Rivers sucks.

sgbfan
10-15-2012, 09:37 PM
Who is a middle linebacker now? I didn't know something had happened to Mays, though I heard Irving's name called a few times tonight. Tough listening to a game after watching for so many years--it's kind of a skill to understand what's going on.

Brooking was in for Mays. Irving played some SLB to sub for Miller.

maher_tyler
10-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Part of it is that Rivers sucks.

Im sure that is most of it and me being jazzed after such a great come back. Just glad our guys hung onto the ball for a change.

McDman
10-15-2012, 09:42 PM
Carter has held his own in the games he has started and then some. Other than the pick 6 i don't recall Porter playing as well. Hope he continues to improve with an aging Champ.

He has looked good but let's not get too excited yet.

theAPAOps5
10-15-2012, 09:55 PM
just watching the replay on Carters first INT on ESPN he was beat deep but rivers under threw the ball.. awesome game tonight, but I'll take Porter for the long haul.

No he wasn't. He had him covered and then flattened out and undercut the throw as he saw it release from Rivers.

Action
10-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Tony Carter was not beat on that route.

It's really sad how some people have no idea what they're watching.

And to even label it a "9" route like you know what the **** you're talking about Hilarious!

oubronco
10-15-2012, 10:02 PM
The young guys played very well!!

Harris should've had a 3rd int on the first drive of the game but dropped it

DivineLegion
10-15-2012, 10:06 PM

I thought he played very well against the Falcons when Chris Harris was out.

I like the kid a lot, but I'm not sure if he's better than Porter. Only time will tell.

outdoor_miner
10-15-2012, 10:16 PM
No he wasn't. He had him covered and then flattened out and undercut the throw as he saw it release from Rivers.

Absolutely. I don't get where anyone could say he was beat. He was stride-for-stride, and then undercut when the pass was short.

outdoor_miner
10-15-2012, 10:17 PM
And I was impressed with Carter in the Atlanta game as well. Thought he really held his own with Harris out. Not sure if he is better than Porter, but definitely quality depth. Looks like they made the right call on Drayton Florence.

enjolras
10-15-2012, 10:21 PM

I should have qualified with "still starting for this team in 10 years" :)

KevinJames
10-15-2012, 10:27 PM
Hes not better but hes a nice nickel/dime guy.

Porter is a solid #2 CB and Harris looked great tonight too.

I'd rank our corners

1. Bailey
2. Porter
3. Harris
4. Carter
5. Bolden

Other than Bailey all of them are young and promising which is great because Champ is getting long in the tooth and that switch to safety is coming up in a year or so. I think we need to ink Porter to a deal hes too talented to let walk.

It tells us we don't have to worry about drafting a CB in any round anytime soon even when Bailey does make the move were solid at CB.

enjolras
10-15-2012, 10:33 PM

STILL starting :)

Bronco Yoda
10-15-2012, 10:49 PM
Young guys stepped up today.

ZONA
10-15-2012, 10:54 PM
He's making a case. But porter had to play with Mays on the field.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/g6GuEswXOXo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

razorwire77
10-15-2012, 10:55 PM
Tony Carter was not beat on that route.

It's really sad how some people have no idea what they're watching.

And to even label it a "9" route like you know what the **** you're talking about Hilarious!

I assume you're referring to me. He was beat on that route. He flattened and made a play on the ball when he realized it was underthrown, but up until that point he was beat. Had Rivers thrown the ball worth a **** that's six points. So educate me Nick ****ing Saban. What route did he run then if not a nine?

http://www.oocities.org/theprez98/fb/route.jpg

extralife
10-15-2012, 10:57 PM
I think he's played better than Porter has so far. With how well Harris and Carter are playing, do we re-sign him?

Discuss.

Even if Carter is better (I don't think so), you still resign him. You need corners in the NFL, especially if you're going to sling the ball around yourself.

Harvitz81
10-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Tony played well, but it is one game. Porter is a very good number 2. However, I think the real star tonight was Chris Harris. I hope this team locks him up long term. He is a legitimate #2/1. Sure tackler (ala champ) and is picking up his coverage. Might be a better outside corner than nickel corner.

I like Carter at Nickel and honestly, assuming we loose Porter to FA from a big payday, I would feel comfortable going into next season with Champ, Harris and Carter. Still a formidable 3 some.

I feel Harris is on the verge of being a breakout pro-bowler...

extralife
10-15-2012, 11:14 PM
Might be a better outside corner than nickel corner.

I don't know, I think he's better around the ball. He tackles well and he breaks well, and I don't know that he has the recovery speed to play outside as effectively. Definitely a player.

ZONA
10-15-2012, 11:23 PM

Discuss.

We're always in love with a guy when he has a pick six. Don't forget Porter has one also. Porter has played mostly good overall, nice to see Carter and Harris have great games. Need these guys to step up.

DBroncos4life
10-15-2012, 11:26 PM
Lock all of them up. Champ will be moving to safety soon.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-15-2012, 11:31 PM
Lock all of them up. Champ will be moving to safety soon.

This. This.

This this this.

Action
10-15-2012, 11:31 PM
I assume you're referring to me. He was beat on that route. He flattened and made a play on the ball when he realized it was underthrown, but up until that point he was beat. Had Rivers thrown the ball worth a **** that's six points. So educate me Nick ****ing Saban. What route did he run then if not a nine?

http://www.oocities.org/theprez98/fb/route.jpg

I never said it wasn't a 9 route, I honestly don't care what type of route it was. However, he did cut in deep into his route.

Now, there's not a replay on NFL.com right now but they were showing that INT on Sportscenter all night after the game from the all-22 view, and it's clear he didn't get beat and he CHOSE his technique to trail the defender rather than stay on top of him. It was very clear, great play on the ball and great ball skills. He felt his defender out and felt him slowing down so he under cut him... if the WR kept at full speed I'm sure Carter would have tried to stay on top of him.

Someone else in this thread mentioned the same thing as I just did, so you should definitely watch again.

ZONA
10-15-2012, 11:32 PM
I don't know, I think he's better around the ball. He tackles well and he breaks well, and I don't know that he has the recovery speed to play outside as effectively. Definitely a player.

I've been high on Harris since we got him. You're right though, he doesn't have good enough recovery speed or even straight ahead speed for that matter. He is much better at press and squeeze coverage, being around the LOS, playing the CB position with physicality rather then finesse. That's his game. I actually think, he should be a strong safety. I think he could be a Polamalu type of player in the future. He could add 15 pounds to get to 205 and that's his spot I'm telling ya.

swaiy
10-15-2012, 11:34 PM
According to that route tree, a 9 is a streak. The interception took place in the middle if Im not mistaken. I cant be completely sure because i ran outside to celebrate as soon as he caught it

Crushaholic
10-16-2012, 12:28 AM
Speaking of Tony Carter, I watched the "fumble return" by Carter, on nfl.com. I have no idea why that wasn't an incomplete pass, but I'm glad the call went our way...:strong:

swaiy
10-16-2012, 12:54 AM
Speaking of Tony Carter, I watched the "fumble return" by Carter, on nfl.com. I have no idea why that wasn't an incomplete pass, but I'm glad the call went our way...:strong:

Because Doom had his hand on the ball knocking it loose meaning Rivers had lost posession. Before his arm went forward, you can see he lost control of the ball.

Drek
10-16-2012, 02:10 AM
Harris has legit #2 CB potential. Tony Carter has damn good nickel CB potential. Right now Tracy Porter is a better player than both. If he'd been playing in place of either of them he'd have made the same picks.

All it says to me is that we need to keep all four of our top CBs, and if so be ready to add one more in the very near future when Champ bumps in to safety. We're still plenty weak enough at safety and Champ's game would transition well to the position, while we're one good young CB away from having that unit locked up quite well going forward (assuming we keep Porter).

Mountain Bronco
10-16-2012, 08:20 AM
We need as many good CB's as possible for a run to the playoffs. The Chargers have only 1 legit WR in Floyd (Mech was a product of New Orleans system and Royal sucks) so it was easy pickin tonight. We need 4 good corners for the elite teams. Porter is a good corner but so is Carter and great adjustment to leave Harris in at the slot and put Carter outside rather than the other way around last time Porter was out. Harris is a beast covering the slot and Carter is much more suited to the outside.

razorwire77
10-16-2012, 08:32 AM
Harris has legit #2 CB potential. Tony Carter has damn good nickel CB potential. Right now Tracy Porter is a better player than both. If he'd been playing in place of either of them he'd have made the same picks.

All it says to me is that we need to keep all four of our top CBs, and if so be ready to add one more in the very near future when Champ bumps in to safety. We're still plenty weak enough at safety and Champ's game would transition well to the position, while we're one good young CB away from having that unit locked up quite well going forward (assuming we keep Porter).

That's what it really comes down to CB is a core strength on this team and they need to retain the young players. After giving up the Gates touchdown, I thought Moore played a decent second half as well. Safety could certainly be upgraded, but I think at this point you prioritize the middle of the front 7 going into next season. Upgrade MLB (a relatively inexpensive position to upgrade in the grand scheme via FA), pay a legit 4-3 NT FA, keep the rotational guys, draft a 4-3 developmental NT and acquire a WLB.

gyldenlove
10-16-2012, 08:35 AM
Carter and Harris both played very well. I though Harris outplayed Carter by some margin, he was very close to picking off the very first pass of the game when he jumped a deep crossing route to Meachem but the ball went through his hands. Carter was very good when he was being aggressive and looks like a guy who could be a very good nickel corner.

Carter got beat a few times, once deep by Lloyd but there is just not much you can do with that kind of size difference and an accurate throw.

Agamemnon
10-16-2012, 08:39 AM
What's really hilarious is that some people were upset we kept Tony Carter and released Drayton Florence. Hilarious!

maher_tyler
10-16-2012, 08:46 AM
We need as many good CB's as possible for a run to the playoffs. The Chargers have only 1 legit WR in Floyd (Mech was a product of New Orleans system and Royal sucks) so it was easy pickin tonight. We need 4 good corners for the elite teams. Porter is a good corner but so is Carter and great adjustment to leave Harris in at the slot and put Carter outside rather than the other way around last time Porter was out. Harris is a beast covering the slot and Carter is much more suited to the outside.

What I don't understand is how Welker has dominated each of the last 3 games we've played them. Why not do more press coverage against those guys? At least try to dissrupt the timing a little bit.

kappys
10-16-2012, 08:55 AM
What I don't understand is how Welker has dominated each of the last 3 games we've played them. Why not do more press coverage against those guys? At least try to dissrupt the timing a little bit.

I think Welker tends to line up off the LOS on most plays. With his quickness he's very tough to jam up after the snap

There is probably some statistical analysis out there as to whether I'm right or wrong on his allignment, I'll google it later.

55CrushEm
10-16-2012, 09:14 AM

I believe this was the ONLY int that Carter had.

Leonard had 1, and Harris had 2, correct?

Agamemnon
10-16-2012, 10:39 AM

Do you really think press coverage is a good idea when your defense is worn down and facing a hurry up offense all day?

maher_tyler
11-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Bump.

Carter has looked better than Porter IMO. I wouldn't be shocked if we don't re-sign him honestly. He's looked good in every game this year. Very nice surprise. When you don't even notice a guy out of the line up, I think that says a lot.

jutang
11-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Incredible finds that Denver's scouting dept has done two seasons in a row with Harris and now Carter.

ZONA
11-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Well I know one thing, it gives you some leverage when it comes time to negotiate with Porter. I think you definitely like to keep Porter, if this medical issue is not a concern in the future, but I think with Carter and Harris really improving so much, you can afford to not have to overpay Porter.

UberBroncoMan
11-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Well I know one thing, it gives you some leverage when it comes time to negotiate with Porter. I think you definitely like to keep Porter, if this medical issue is not a concern in the future, but I think with Carter and Harris really improving so much, you can afford to not have to overpay Porter.

This is especially the case since Carter is a FA after this season. He's going to be 27 next year. That's entering his prime. He's going to want good money.

errand
11-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Incredible finds that Denver's scouting dept has done two seasons in a row with Harris and now Carter.

Well they actually "found" Carter in 2009.....

jutang
11-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the clarification =)

maher_tyler
11-11-2012, 06:44 PM

With Champ getting older it might not be a bad idea depending on how much he wants to get paid. Sign Porter...when Champ retires we could have Porter, Carter and Harris. Who knows what Champ will do if we win a SB in the next 2-3 years.

KevinJames
11-11-2012, 06:57 PM
And to think in 2009 Tony Carter was a CB getting beat by Jamarcus Russell lol

Dude must have studied the game while being a scab over the years, happens a lot more than people think though. Undrafted CBs take time to develop. If we didn't give up on Brandon Browner he may be a player for us.

ZONA
11-11-2012, 07:00 PM
With Champ getting older it might not be a bad idea depending on how much he wants to get paid. Sign Porter...when Champ retires we could have Porter, Carter and Harris. Who knows what Champ will do if we win a SB in the next 2-3 years.

I think he would continue to play. If he wasn't playing at a high level, then I could see a case for that. If we won it, then he for sure would want a crack at another. If we don't win it, I think he likes his chances at giving it another shot with Manning. Either way, I see Champ here for at least for the rest of this season and 1 more.

What could be a huge concern is if we lost JDR after the season. That might be one of the biggest names to make sure we keep.

Agamemnon
11-11-2012, 07:01 PM
I think he would continue to play. If he wasn't playing at a high level, then I could see a case for that. If we won it, then he for sure would want a crack at another. If we don't win it, I think he likes his chances at giving it another shot with Manning. Either way, I see Champ here for at least for the rest of this season and 1 more.

What could be a huge concern is if we lost JDR after the season. That might be one of the biggest names to make sure we keep.

I expect Champ to play until he's 37 or 38. He might switch to safety after this season, but I think he will keep playing for a while yet.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-11-2012, 07:04 PM
I expect Champ to play until he's 37 or 38. He might switch to safety after this season, but I think he will keep playing for a while yet.

Why would he switch to safety after this season? He's been great at corner

oubronco
11-11-2012, 07:05 PM
Don't forget Bolden he could be a good player as well in a yr or 2

Drunken.Broncoholic
11-11-2012, 07:08 PM

I agree. He's a physical specimen who looks younger than he is.

Broncos with 10 ints so far this year. Man that sounds good

Agamemnon
11-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Why would he switch to safety after this season? He's been great at corner

Because every year he loses a little bit more. There have been quite a few plays this year where he has just barely been able to keep up, and in the next year or two that could very well turn into him simply not being able to anymore. I don't think he'll wait until he's getting exploited by elite receivers or has to cover the other team's #2. I think he'll go safety before that happens. But maybe I'm wrong.

maher_tyler
11-11-2012, 07:11 PM

I'd be livid if JDR left for another HC gig. Hopefully he stays for at least another 2 years.

Agamemnon
11-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Don't forget Bolden he could be a good player as well in a yr or 2

He certainly looks like a great special teams guy already.

Agamemnon
11-11-2012, 07:13 PM
I'd be livid if JDR left for another HC gig. Hopefully he stays for at least another 2 years.

One would hope that this was discussed before they hired him. We can't keep changing DC every ****ing year...

SportinOne
11-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Everyone should just make a pact right now. As long as Peyton plays you stay.

baja
11-11-2012, 08:13 PM
We are watching something really special being built why do you guys think personal will be so ready to leave

SportinOne
11-11-2012, 08:15 PM
I only have one issue with this secondary: Mike Adams. He's the poor man's Joe Mays of safeties. In run support, if he's in position, he has value. For all other situations he is a liability.

T. Carter has been amazing, given our expectations coming into the season.

SportinOne
11-11-2012, 08:16 PM
We are watching something really special being built why do you guys think personal will be so ready to leave

I hope Brock is learning all that he can. Let's not go through another 10+ years of waiting for another great QB to come along before we get serious about building a winner.

teknic
11-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Tony Carter seemed to be much better in press coverage. They seemed to get burn earlier in the night playing off the WR. Gruden pointed out that they went to more press coverage and it was night and day.

Tony is really good at playing up on the WR. He got called for lame ass PI calls in the preseason but that was more an issue with the replacement refs not having a clue how NFL football is played.

I made the same observations in the preseason. :)
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3651806&postcount=59

I have always liked Carter, but for some reason he was a magnet for retarded pass interference calls early in his career.

BroncoMan4ever
11-11-2012, 09:03 PM
I agree. He's a physical specimen who looks younger than he is.

Broncos with 10 ints so far this year. Man that sounds good
Broncos with 10 non-offensive scores since Fox took over is even better.

Hamrob
11-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Tony Carter has 2 defensive scores....not bad.

Look...what I want to see from these guys, is plays being made. What Carter and Harris have been doing, is making plays!!!

That's what has to happen!!!

Kudos to them!

Lestat
11-11-2012, 10:08 PM
no, we need Porter back with the quickness.
he gets burned but when he makes those key plays and gets that turnover it completely changes the game and swings the momentum to us.

Carter and Harris have done well but neither is playing so well that Porter isn't needed as a starter.

Action
11-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Tony Carter is playing like the best DB in the league.

As of right now, he's out performed Porter by a wide margin... Carter doesn't give up any plays.

Think of the last time there was a completion on the receiver Carter is covering... that's right, you can't.

I think Porter can be used to cover TE's, since we absolutely suck at it.

theAPAOps5
11-11-2012, 10:37 PM
no, we need Porter back with the quickness.
he gets burned but when he makes those key plays and gets that turnover it completely changes the game and swings the momentum to us.

Carter and Harris have done well but neither is playing so well that Porter isn't needed as a starter.

Yes, actually both are playing worlds better.

ZONA
11-11-2012, 10:40 PM
Because every year he loses a little bit more. There have been quite a few plays this year where he has just barely been able to keep up, and in the next year or two that could very well turn into him simply not being able to anymore. I don't think he'll wait until he's getting exploited by elite receivers or has to cover the other team's #2. I think he'll go safety before that happens. But maybe I'm wrong.

I have mixed views on this. We've been saying for 3 years that we expect him to move to safety but he keeps playing corner at a high level. He's been in the ProBowl since 2000 only missing it in 2008. But I also agree he is losing a step and getting caught a little more often. But even though I think he would make a good safety, I just don't see it happening. Even if he isn't as good as he used to be and even if he misses the ProBowl, he's still better then most CB's and probably will be for another 3 years or so. He's been relatively injury free for a few years so if he can stay healthy, I easily can see him playing CB for as long as Manning is here. His last best chance at the ring.

ZONA
11-11-2012, 10:45 PM
Tony Carter is playing like the best DB in the league.

That's probably stretching a bit wouldn't you say? He's been very solid and a pleasant surprise but I wouldn't put him in the league of Tillman, Revis and some others. He's been good, but I'm not going to call him best in the league. Think he needs to prove himself for a longer period of time before you can start throwing that kind of praise at him. And he's also not covering the other teams best almost every play like Champ, and those others I mentioned. Playmaker, yes. Shut down corner, umm, not going there, yet.

Action
11-11-2012, 10:51 PM
That's probably stretching a bit wouldn't you say? He's been very solid and a pleasant surprise but I wouldn't put him in the league of Tillman, Revis and some others. He's been good, but I'm not going to call him best in the league. Think he needs to prove himself for a longer period of time before you can start throwing that kind of praise at him. And he's also not covering the other teams best almost every play like Champ, and those others I mentioned. Playmaker, yes. Shut down corner, umm, not going there, yet.

No, it's not. He's playing LIKE the best DB in the league, not that he IS the best DB in the league. Revis isn't even playing either... and Tillman plays in a completely different scheme.

And yes, he is a shut down corner. There was an article just this past week that statistically shows that Tony Carter is the hardest DB to complete a pass against...that probably hasn't changed after today.

And he DID cover Steve Smith today too... you're right, he's not covering the other teams best WR most of the time, however a player is graded based on how he performs his job, and he has performed his job at an elite level, amongst the best DB's in the league...

Lestat
11-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Yes, actually both are playing worlds better.

just a few weeks ago Tony Carter was a bum that needed to be cut according to some posters on this board.
it's a week to week thing with these guys.
Porter needs to get healthy and back to his top form soon.
we need him.

theAPAOps5
11-11-2012, 11:16 PM
just a few weeks ago Tony Carter was a bum that needed to be cut according to some posters on this board.
it's a week to week thing with these guys.
Porter needs to get healthy and back to his top form soon.
we need him.

He has been playing lights out since we played whales vagina. That is more than a few weeks. If porter comes back he will just fine playing as 4th CB. He shouldn't, and won't sniff the starter spot though.

Lestat
11-11-2012, 11:27 PM
He has been playing lights out since we played whales vagina. That is more than a few weeks. If porter comes back he will just fine playing as 4th CB. He shouldn't, and won't sniff the starter spot though.

i like Carter but i don't see him keeping a healthy Porter out of the starting line up.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-11-2012, 11:33 PM

I think youre being a little hard on him. Is he Champ circa 2005? No, but hes still better than most the league. If "barely been able to keep up" means getting beat a few times by AJ Green, then i can live with that

theAPAOps5
11-11-2012, 11:34 PM
i like Carter but i don't see him keeping a healthy Porter out of the starting line up.

He already is.......

DBroncos4life
11-11-2012, 11:38 PM
He already is.......

Porter is healthy right now?

theAPAOps5
11-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Porter is healthy right now?

This is what Porter says:

"It's a coaches' decision," Porter said before leaving the Broncos' Dove Valley complex. "But I'm going now to get checked out. ... I feel good and hope to get back out there. But I think they feel pretty comfortable about the situation and the guys they have playing right now, and we're winning.

Read more: Broncos CB Tracy Porter hopes he's medically cleared soon to practice - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21968785/broncos-cb-tracy-porter-hopes-hes-medically-cleared#ixzz2Bzaaa1Pv
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Coupled with his tweet earlier tonight, I think he is healthy in his mind. But coach isn't letting him play. Maybe that is for his own good or maybe it's something else.

DBroncos4life
11-11-2012, 11:49 PM

"It's a coaches' decision," Porter said before leaving the Broncos' Dove Valley complex. "But I'm going now to get checked out. ... I feel good and hope to get back out there. But I think they feel pretty comfortable about the situation and the guys they have playing right now, and we're winning.

Read more: Broncos CB Tracy Porter hopes he's medically cleared soon to practice - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21968785/broncos-cb-tracy-porter-hopes-hes-medically-cleared#ixzz2Bzaaa1Pv
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

So he has been cleared by doctors to play and Denver is just not letting him play then, that is what you are saying.

theAPAOps5
11-11-2012, 11:51 PM
So he has been cleared by doctors to play and Denver is just not letting him play then, that is what you are saying.

I am telling you what he said.

A few weeks ago he was cleared to return to practice, yes. But reading articles they say he isn't cleared to play because he keeps having issues. Yet he says it's a coaches decision. I think it's fishy.

lonestar
11-12-2012, 12:27 AM

Coupled with his tweet earlier tonight, I think he is healthy in his mind. But coach isn't letting him play. Maybe that is for his own good or maybe it's something else.

:thumbs:

sometimes players are so hard wired to be on the field they will kill themselves doing it..

we all know the concussion issues from years past .. NOW there are tests more difficult to get back on the field than "how many fingers can you see?

In essence keeping players from doing something stupid to themselves..

Now perhaps if he was Champ and not Tracy they would be more lenient and frankly the kiddies are playing very good now..

As long as he is getting paid while they are carrying the load, probably better that he gets cleared by someone better trained in Medicine than he is..

Broncos4Life
11-12-2012, 12:57 AM
I'm tellin ya"ll, Carter looks like DW reincarnated! The way he broke on that ball today had me trippin!

maher_tyler
11-12-2012, 01:08 AM

I first started noticing his play in the Atlanta game. The first game Porter missed. So far, we haven't missed Porter at all.

DBroncos4life
11-12-2012, 09:43 AM
I am telling you what he said.

A few weeks ago he was cleared to return to practice, yes. But reading articles they say he isn't cleared to play because he keeps having issues. Yet he says it's a coaches decision. I think it's fishy.

Do you realize how this would hurt Denver in the future with free agents? Who would come here and risk being benched and blackballed anytime someone out plays them?

Denver could have moved him before the trade dead line if he was a problem player.

Dedhed
11-12-2012, 09:48 AM

It's difficult to consider someone who isn't medically cleared to play "healthy", don't you?

Dedhed
11-12-2012, 09:53 AM
It's difficult to compare the play of Carter to Porter. The offense has been far better while Carter has been in the lineup, and we've been playing with leads and turning the pass rush loose which allows Carter to be far more aggressive. That suits his style of play perfectly, imo.

I don' think that means he's necessarily a better CB than Porter, though. I think if Porter gets back to 100% they'll both be used extensively depending on game situations and match ups. It's a nice problem to have.

oubronco
11-12-2012, 10:03 AM
I say leave well enough alone the young kids are playing very well so ride with it

gyldenlove
11-12-2012, 10:41 AM
There are definitely worse positions to have excess depth than CB.

Beantown Bronco
11-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Can he play RB?

gyldenlove
11-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Can he play RB?

He could father at least 7 kids and break 2 DUIs in our system....

Mediator12
11-12-2012, 12:02 PM
I think this is simply a player coming into his own. Tony Carter was damn good in college and very reliable. He struggled going into the pros with the transition. And now, he is mentally capable, prepared, and trusting his techniques. This is a real good story for now.

As he plays longer, people will start attacking him differently when they see his strengths. Then, lets see how he handles that. It did not work out as well for Sam Shields and Tramon Williams in their second year after playing at an extraordinary level their first.

I am really happy to see a FSU kid play CB this well in the pros, but lets not crown his ass just yet. Lots of football left to play and DC's have very little to go on him yet as far as film study goes.

Action
11-12-2012, 12:43 PM
I think this is simply a player coming into his own. Tony Carter was damn good in college and very reliable. He struggled going into the pros with the transition. And now, he is mentally capable, prepared, and trusting his techniques. This is a real good story for now.

As he plays longer, people will start attacking him differently when they see his strengths. Then, lets see how he handles that. It did not work out as well for Sam Shields and Tramon Williams in their second year after playing at an extraordinary level their first.

I am really happy to see a FSU kid play CB this well in the pros, but lets not crown his ass just yet. Lots of football left to play and DC's have very little to go on him yet as far as film study goes.

This is true. I expect SD to try him on a double move to take advantage of his aggressiveness. There was a deep ball thrown his way during the Carolina game that was incomplete but he was clearly beat...

theAPAOps5
11-12-2012, 01:05 PM
It's difficult to consider someone who isn't medically cleared to play "healthy", don't you?

You realize that a team and their physicians have an entirely different and changing view of medically cleared player than what a player and maybe his own physician has, don't you? See Al Wilson at the end of his career. You also realize that teams are now overly cautious with players especially when it comes to head injuries, as compared to the past don't you?

You realize that the player himself said this a coaches decision to be out, don't you?

theAPAOps5
11-12-2012, 02:08 PM
I do want to note I saw his latest exchange with a fan on twitter. So my speculation that he may be at odds with the team regarding fitness could be way off. Just seems fishy.