PDA

View Full Version : Broncos #8 in NFL Poll

Bacchus
09-26-2012, 12:28 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-power-rankings-where-m-refusing-let-officiating-151529514--nfl.html

Really, hard to argue with this. Denver will show what to expect from them this week. If they come out and take care of business Denver will be in the driver's seat in the AFC West.

8. Denver Broncos (1-2)
The Broncos earn the distinction of being the highest-ranked sub-.500 team. To borrow a term from college basketball, they've got quality losses -- by less than a touchdown to both the Falcons and Texans, arguably the two best teams in the league right now.

9. New England Patriots (1-2)
A one-game suspension of Bill Belichick would not be unwarranted. You can't put your hands on an official like that, I don't care how frustrated you are. If Mike McCarthy didn't choke the life out of an official with his bare hands, no one else has an excuse to lay a hand on one.

13. San Diego Chargers (2-1)
After beating up on the Raiders and Titans, is this what happens when the Chargers play a good team? They get blown out in a game they were never really in? The game this week in Kansas City will be telling.

23. Kansas City Chiefs (1-2)
Winning in the Superdome is an awesome feat, no matter what the Saints record. It was nice to see the defense stabilize a bit in the second half, too.

25. Oakland Raiders (1-2)
So what if they needed a few gifts from the Steelers? They've still got to go out there and score, and they proved they could. Now Carson Palmer and Darren McFadden just need to prove they can do it for more than a quarter at a time.

JLesSPE
09-26-2012, 12:34 PM
I was really confused by your avatar until I took a closer look. Nice.

bronco militia
09-26-2012, 12:39 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9nDCxXxBL3HfpPVzIzp8zqRkO3gxgQ lFPgcVzwoeZ5lr5b8sM2QCTfyrj8g

Play2win
09-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Stategic victories... play them again in the playoff, and win then.

Beej
09-26-2012, 01:00 PM
I like 10 and 11:

10. Green Bay Packers (1-2)
Tomorrow, I'm going to walk up to M.D. Jennings' car, put my hand on the hood of it, and then see if I can get a court of law to rule that it's legally mine.
11. Seattle Seahawks (2-1)
If you're a Seahawks fan, you've probably noticed the team that's ranked directly ahead of your team here. It's not an accident. You know what happened. Don't argue. Just take your gift and be on your merry way.

ozomulsion
09-26-2012, 01:10 PM
"A one-game suspension of Bill Belichick would not be unwarranted. You can't put your hands on an official like that, I don't care how frustrated you are. If Mike McCarthy didn't choke the life out of an official with his bare hands, no one else has an excuse to lay a hand on one."

This part was so F***ing dumb. He barley touched the guy.

broncosteven
09-26-2012, 02:21 PM
Little Known Peyton Manning Effect

lonestar
09-26-2012, 02:26 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-power-rankings-where-m-refusing-let-officiating-151529514--nfl.html

Really, hard to argue with this. Denver will show what to expect from them this week. If they come out and take care of business Denver will be in the driver's seat in the AFC West.

8. Denver Broncos (1-2)
The Broncos earn the distinction of being the highest-ranked sub-.500 team. To borrow a term from college basketball, they've got quality losses -- by less than a touchdown to both the Falcons and Texans, arguably the two best teams in the league right now.

9. New England Patriots (1-2)
A one-game suspension of Bill Belichick would not be unwarranted. You can't put your hands on an official like that, I don't care how frustrated you are. If Mike McCarthy didn't choke the life out of an official with his bare hands, no one else has an excuse to lay a hand on one.

13. San Diego Chargers (2-1)
After beating up on the Raiders and Titans, is this what happens when the Chargers play a good team? They get blown out in a game they were never really in? The game this week in Kansas City will be telling.

23. Kansas City Chiefs (1-2)
Winning in the Superdome is an awesome feat, no matter what the Saints record. It was nice to see the defense stabilize a bit in the second half, too.

25. Oakland Raiders (1-2)
So what if they needed a few gifts from the Steelers? They've still got to go out there and score, and they proved they could. Now Carson Palmer and Darren McFadden just need to prove they can do it for more than a quarter at a time.

:thumbs:

Play2win
09-26-2012, 02:38 PM
WIDELY Known Peyton Manning Effect

fyp

Kaylore
09-26-2012, 02:57 PM
The league is so weird right now.

Bacchus
09-26-2012, 03:40 PM

Ain't that the truth. I am very anxious to see how the Broncos play the Raiders this weekend.

How good are they? I think we'll find out.

menonite
09-26-2012, 03:45 PM
How many elite QB's have losing records so far?

canadianbroncosfan
09-26-2012, 03:48 PM
How many elite QB's have losing records so far?

I'm stealing this stat from Rev's Twitter but Brady, Manning, Rodgers, and Brees have a combined three wins

That's less than Luck, RGIII, Russell Wilson, and Tannehill

maher_tyler
09-26-2012, 03:53 PM

Vikings beating the 9ers, i don't know what to think. Weird indeed.

lonestar
09-26-2012, 03:53 PM

its all the refs fault..!Booya!

lonestar
09-26-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm stealing this stat from Rev's Twitter but Brady, Manning, Rodgers, and Brees have a combined three wins

I'd guess that it will change over by the EOY..

menonite
09-26-2012, 03:58 PM

You can add Big Ben to that list too. If you consider him elite.

menonite
09-26-2012, 03:59 PM
I'd guess that it will change over by the EOY..

Way to go out on a limb there Tanahan.

maher_tyler
09-26-2012, 04:13 PM
You can add Big Ben to that list too. If you consider him elite.

Through 3 weeks he is #2 in QBR. Only behind Matt Ryan. Matt Schaub is #8.

menonite
09-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Through 3 weeks he is #2 in QBR. Only behind Matt Ryan. Matt Schaub is #8.

He's played against some pretty good defenses so far too. Still 1 and 2.

orinjkrush
09-26-2012, 06:02 PM
all the games are fixed. its why on any given sunday....