PDA

View Full Version : Ref Lockout Reportedly Over!

dictionary
09-26-2012, 09:32 AM
See here: http://blogs.thescore.com/nfl/2012/09/26/breaking-agreement-between-nfl-and-nflra-close/.

broncocalijohn
09-26-2012, 09:33 AM
I will wait and see. Watching NFL NEtwork and nothing said it quite yet.

dictionary
09-26-2012, 10:28 AM
I will wait and see. Watching NFL NEtwork and nothing said it quite yet.

It is being reported elsewhere now too. Looks like it is just moving through the bureaucratic legal processes at this point.

DBroncos4life
09-26-2012, 10:30 AM
Thank you Green Bay

Play2win
09-26-2012, 11:52 AM
Yeah, Green Bay took one for the team. LOL

Play2win
09-26-2012, 11:53 AM
But, so did we with that ****ing fumble...

Gutless Drunk
09-26-2012, 11:58 AM
There is "an agreement in principle at hand" per @mortreport that means the sides are "just about finished with the agreement in principle."

Adam Schefter Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

As @mortreport is reporting, an agreement between NFL and NFLRA is at hand and both sides will work to have officials working this weekend.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter

Play2win
09-26-2012, 11:59 AM
Now how rusty are the real refs going to be?

Hilarious!

Lestat
09-26-2012, 12:05 PM
But, so did we with that ****ing fumble...

that was bad but it didn't directly cost us the game.
the packers and their players going nuts after the game definitely made an impact.

Lestat
09-26-2012, 12:07 PM

Hilarious!

it can't get worse, so even them rusty is better than the current crop of ****.
plus all the refs are up on the new rules.

every stadium outside of maybe Philly i bet gives the refs a standing ovation and then boos the crap out of them the rest of the game.

BroncoMan4ever
09-26-2012, 12:09 PM

Hilarious!
Exactly! We go from incapable to working out the kinks. More bad calls to come

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Exactly! We go from incapable to working out the kinks. More bad calls to come

And it will still be a massive improvement.

bronco militia
09-26-2012, 12:20 PM
still no deal

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/26/aiello-on-nflra-talks-there-is-no-such-thing-as-close/

Play2win
09-26-2012, 12:20 PM
Yep yep yep. agree on all accounts...

PRESEASON IS FINALLY OVAH!!!

Play2win
09-26-2012, 12:21 PM
(or hopefully soon- I jumped the gun as usual)

maher_tyler
09-26-2012, 04:24 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000066456/article/report-ed-hochuli-is-preparing-lockedout-referees

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-26-2012, 04:27 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000066456/article/report-ed-hochuli-is-preparing-lockedout-referees

Hoculi is a superhero.

Time to put him on a wheaties box

peacepipe
09-26-2012, 04:29 PM
well,well,well. it's seems public pressure is having an affect.

houghtam
09-26-2012, 04:49 PM

Exactly. It's not any one thing that affects change, it's the whole tide of public sentiment, whether it be through mainstream media or social media. Message boards are included in that equation.

Agamemnon
09-26-2012, 05:20 PM

The NFL is all about PR, and this was starting to become a PR nightmare. I would've been surprised if this hadn't happened. When the league's own stars come out and blast them it's pretty much game over.

loborugger
09-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Now everyone can get back to bitching and issuing over the top statements about the regular refs.

rmsanger
09-26-2012, 06:49 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/images/11/24/vince-young.jpg

dictionary
09-26-2012, 08:03 PM
...and inked. The refs may yet ref the Thurs night game. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/26/daopoulos-nfl-nflra-deal-is-done/

errand
09-26-2012, 08:11 PM

I thought Peter King was a scumbag, worthless pos that couldn't be trusted? At least that's what a lot of posters on the mane have told us.....

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-26-2012, 08:12 PM
...and inked. The refs may yet ref the Thurs night game. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/26/daopoulos-nfl-nflra-deal-is-done/

So it's now finally over?

Hey lonestar I guess I can get back to watching games! Although this Sunday it's still Pebble Beach

errand
09-26-2012, 08:19 PM
So it's now finally over?

Hey lonestar I guess I can get back to watching games! Although this Sunday it's still Pebble Beach

I'd watch them regardless....but will probably laugh my ass off at all the "the refs suck" comments in gameday threads that I know will be posted.

spdirty
09-26-2012, 08:24 PM
Wonder how much the NFL caved. Really hoping they caved with the money and the refs caved in the part where the NFL would be allowed to hold them accountable when they really screw up or constantly screw up.

dictionary
09-26-2012, 08:33 PM
I thought Peter King was a scumbag, worthless pos that couldn't be trusted? At least that's what a lot of posters on the mane have told us.....

Peter King is a wastrel. He somehow fathered Boob. He is Favre's personal fluffer. I hope he chokes on a bowl of dicks and chokes.

dictionary
09-26-2012, 08:34 PM
Wonder how much the NFL caved. Really hoping they caved with the money and the refs caved in the part where the NFL would be allowed to hold them accountable when they really screw up or constantly screw up.

My hopes exactly, and I couldnt have put it better myself. :thumbsup:

ZONA
09-26-2012, 08:36 PM
If that blown call was not on MNF and a hail mary pass to win the game, I doubt this would be over.

tsiguy96
09-26-2012, 08:36 PM
@JasonLaConfora
Deal with refs isn't imminent anymore... It's done! Regular refs are working Browns/Ravens Thurs

spdirty
09-26-2012, 08:39 PM
@JasonLaConfora
Deal with refs isn't imminent anymore... It's done! Regular refs are working Browns/Ravens Thurs

Yeah!!!!

tsiguy96
09-26-2012, 08:54 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/20380815/deal-between-nfl-officials-is-imminent-would-allow-refs-to-work-thursday-night

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-26-2012, 08:54 PM
If that blown call was not on MNF and a hail mary pass to win the game, I doubt this would be over.

No doubt. The blunders piled up. A few mistakes here and there and the NFL rides the replacements all year. Downright stupidity forces the NFLs hand in this.

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-26-2012, 08:57 PM
I'd watch them regardless....but will probably laugh my ass off at all the "the refs suck" comments in gameday threads that I know will be posted.

Maybe. But I'll cheer like hell when that first flag comes out, cause the percentage of that foul being legit is way higher now.

DHallblows
09-26-2012, 09:01 PM

I still don't see how you think you're making a point of any kind with this...

DBroncos4life
09-26-2012, 09:04 PM
I still don't see how you're making a point of any kind with this...

He is convinced himself that the real refs blow as many calls as the replacement refs.

Jetmeck
09-26-2012, 09:32 PM
No doubt. The blunders piled up. A few mistakes here and there and the NFL rides the replacements all year. Downright stupidity forces the NFLs hand in this.

Each side gave a little, this is how it is supposed to work when your dealing with a company that has plenty of dough. No way their pension should be terminated .

**** all you union, labor hating asswipes, you know who you are and karma is a bitch.....

RaiderH8r
09-26-2012, 09:33 PM
It's all tickled tits, Mai Thais and Yahtzee...until they blow a call and then it will feel right again.

As bad as the replacements were at least they never ****ed up the coin toss in sudden death overtime. Did that impact the outcome of the game?

spdirty
09-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Each side gave a little, this is how it is supposed to work when your dealing with a company that has plenty of dough. No way their pension should be terminated .

**** all you union, labor hating asswipes, you know who you are and karma is a b****.....

If there wasn't a referee union, there would never be a lockout, and we never would have had to deal with the incompetent refs that we've had to deal with. So **** you too buddy. Take your bull**** to WRP.

Kaylore
09-26-2012, 10:01 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/26/daopoulos-nfl-nflra-deal-is-done/

Jim Daopoulos, a long-time official and supervisor of officials, joined NBC this season. And he tells PFT that the NFL and NFL Referees Association have signed a new deal.

A crew is being assembled to work Thursday night’s game between the Browns and Ravens. Then, on Friday, the officials will travel to Dallas to retrieve their equipment and receive their game assignments for Sunday and Monday, with the same crews working together as last year.

broncocalijohn
09-26-2012, 10:19 PM

**** all you union, labor hating asswipes, you know who you are and karma is a b****.....

I wanted a deal done and I am pretty much a union hater. You are a tool of the unions (and I suppose your wife too as you have told us she is a card carrying union member). My wife is in the teacher's union and they have helped suck the money out of California and into their own pockets. So as one who might benefit from her union, I am also not blinded by how they look out for themselves and the kids are waaaay secondary. So, when does my good karma come from this rant?

crush17
09-26-2012, 10:22 PM
http://www.nfl.com/

broncocalijohn
09-26-2012, 10:22 PM
He is convinced himself that the real refs blow as many calls as the replacement refs.

exactly. He is in the running for most annoying of the week award. Some would say the year but I will leave it to those to have that opinion.

ZONA
09-26-2012, 10:34 PM
While I understand not all unions are created equal and some don't help people much at all but to hear anybody trashing on them in the generic sense is a F'n idiot.

If we never had unions - some of these things you would not have.

Family And Medical Leave Act

Widespread Employer-Based Health Coverage, Pensions, Medical Insurance, Cost of Living Raises

Helped End Child Labor

40 Hour Work Weeks

Weekends Off

Paid Overtime

Paid Vacations

Bacchus
09-26-2012, 10:41 PM

That's one things that Republicnas have always argued well against is labor unions. Such hatred and jealousy toward pension funds. It used to be great working for a great company you had great benefits and pensions. Now the great companies decided they no longer have to help with pensions and really, their pay aint so great either. All the while they are outsourcing their plants to Mexico and China and they make record profits. Everyone should have a pension with their job. All a pension is a company that puts a little money into a retirement for you and you match it or however the percentage it works out to be. After 20 or 30 years of service you collect your money in monthly payments..... What the hell is so evil about this? Wal-Mart, Coca-cola, McDonalds all these companies should offer pensions. Damn, you work at Wal-mart for 30 years you deserve a pension.

Pensions would ease the burden on Social Security as well. Of course there is no going back. We live in the Corporate States of America now where elections are for sale and polititians, Repub or Dem, will forever be indebted to their corporate overlords.

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-26-2012, 10:44 PM
California says Hi.

And you Midwesterners wonder why all us Californians are invading your states.

broncocalijohn
09-26-2012, 10:55 PM
California says Hi.

And you Midwesterners wonder why all us Californians are invading your states.

They can't figure out the difference of a private company and public sector unions. I think it is great if a private company can have a pension. BUT, even then it can get too bloated where it affects the company from competing. Detroit says Hello.

lonestar
09-26-2012, 10:57 PM

the refs have always been held accountable and for the most part those that screw up never see any playoff games and are fired for cause..

After the cutlet fubar of Houckli he was not offered any playoff games that year..
the refs are graded each week after some one from the NFL office grades their calls.. then they are gone over with them and their crew they work with as a group..

Most of the refs study film themselves to see how they did and almost always study the film of the upcoming teams they ref.. to see what kind of crap they try to get away with..

It is not just a 5 hour job on game day.. most put in 20+ hours a week in improving their skills when you add in travel time and overnite stays before or after games. they put in a load of time..

lonestar
09-26-2012, 11:01 PM
If there wasn't a referee union, there would never be a lockout, and we never would have had to deal with the incompetent refs that we've had to deal with. So **** you too buddy. Take your bull**** to WRP.

he managed to get one football thread moved there already.. he seems to be a union moron that frankly would probably not have a job without one.. In fact if the unions for his company continue he may be working for another airline..

Armchair Bronco
09-26-2012, 11:02 PM
Hochuli ! Hochuli !

I can't wait for Ed Hochuli to announce the first legit holding play of the 2012 season!

http://themaritalblitz.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/edhochuli.jpg

lonestar
09-26-2012, 11:03 PM
While I understand not all unions are created equal and some don't help people much at all but to hear anybody trashing on them in the generic sense is a F'n idiot.

If we never had unions - some of these things you would not have.

Family And Medical Leave Act

Widespread Employer-Based Health Coverage, Pensions, Medical Insurance, Cost of Living Raises

Helped End Child Labor

40 Hour Work Weeks

Weekends Off

Paid Overtime

Paid Vacations

while they helped with some of this the federal law offers all of those protections and more . therefore unions need no exist.. except for folks that are willing to give up hard earned money for nothing they already have..

lonestar
09-26-2012, 11:08 PM
They can't figure out the difference of a private company and public sector unions. I think it is great if a private company can have a pension. BUT, even then it can get too bloated where it affects the company from competing. Detroit says Hello.

lots of companies have pensions 401K that they contribute to to keep key personnel.. In some cases they match the employee contribution up to certain amount with stock in their company.. What better way than to have the employees buy into that company..

Makes them cost conscious and cuts down on theft and waste..

Now teachers unions well that is another story all together.. It used to be called featherbedding..

Bacchus
09-26-2012, 11:59 PM
lots of companies have pensions 401K that they contribute to to keep key personnel.. In some cases they match the employee contribution up to certain amount with stock in their company.. What better way than to have the employees buy into that company..

Yeah, Enron did that.

lonestar
09-27-2012, 12:05 AM
Yeah, Enron did that.

I did not say all of them were good ones..

I invested in all the companies I worked for though it was the right thing to do..

American west when it first started made you buy stock.. Had no choice in the matter.. (still have it in my portfolio)..

they also made their counter reps work loading the plane a couple of days a week as well as the luggage gorillas had to work the counter..

Amazing how fast they made passengers pay when the luggage was 50+ pounds..

Empathy for their fellow employees.

most of the Gals were buff from loading luggage.. not at all hard on the eyes..

ZONA
09-27-2012, 12:07 AM
We live in the Corporate States of America now where elections are for sale and polititians, Repub or Dem, will forever be indebted to their corporate overlords.

I agree. We have to be extra careful going forward. Corporations have so much control and influence over the direction of this country, maybe even more so then the people itself.

lonestar
09-27-2012, 12:10 AM
I agree. We have to be extra careful going forward. Corporations have so much control and influence over the direction of this country, maybe even more so then the people itself.

ya think?

I know it will never happen but there should be term limits on congress.. that will make them less likely to become senile in office..

Bacchus
09-27-2012, 02:22 AM

I agree. The people can take back the country but they have to put in Supreme Court Justices that will overturn America for Prosperity.

That One Guy
09-27-2012, 04:04 AM
It's all tickled boobies, Mai Thais and Yahtzee...until they blow a call and then it will feel right again.

As bad as the replacements were at least they never ****ed up the coin toss in sudden death overtime. Did that impact the outcome of the game?

You know there will be at least one "I thought they got rid of the replacements" comment this weekend.