PDA

View Full Version : The Refs made the right call in GBvSEA

AmericanBroncFan
09-25-2012, 04:17 PM
Tate has his left arm inside GB defnders hands on the BALL with his right arm around the GB defenders right arm on the BALL which makes it a tie and that goes to the offense. Watch the replay slow and even stop if you have to

crush17
09-25-2012, 04:18 PM
This deserved another thread FOR SURE.

TheReverend
09-25-2012, 04:19 PM
http://up-ship.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/maximum-trolling.jpg

Prodigal19
09-25-2012, 04:19 PM
But his right hand came off the ball before he had full possession then went back on it. The GB defender maintained possession.

Lestat
09-25-2012, 04:21 PM
the defender had full control before it would have been a tie. he would need both hands to establish a tie due to the defender having the ball clearly in his possession and coming down in bounds with the ball.

one hand somewhere in there and fall to the ground is not control nor is it a tie.

dictionary
Tate has his left arm inside GB defnders hands on the BALL with his right arm around the GB defenders right arm on the BALL which makes it a tie and that goes to the offense. Watch the replay slow and even stop if you have to

Dude. That horse is dead. Stop. No. Seriously, stop.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
http://whiskeyandcarkeys.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/obvious-troll-wedding.jpg

SonOfLe-loLang
09-25-2012, 04:23 PM
Youre wrong on every single level a person could be wrong.

NUB
09-25-2012, 04:25 PM
Game winning interception!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3nSRxSCQAE338u.jpg

DBroncos4life
09-25-2012, 04:26 PM
Obama said it was a bad call. If he fixes the NFL he gets my vote.

lolcopter
09-25-2012, 04:30 PM
https://distilleryimage3.s3.amazonaws.com/ac0becc606cd11e2b74c22000a1de2a7_7.jpg

AmericanBroncFan
09-25-2012, 04:47 PM

This is after they hit the ground and the DB wrestled it away. Stop the replay when they're about 3/4 on their way down. The ball has 4 hands on it and it stays that way until impact

theAPAOps5
09-25-2012, 04:51 PM
No they didn't, troll

Kaylore
09-25-2012, 04:52 PM
Except that Tate pushed off and should have been flagged for offensive PI which the NFL admitted.

Your point:
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/1160261_o.gif

Inkana7
09-25-2012, 04:55 PM
Of course AmericanBroncFan thinks this, of course.

errand
09-25-2012, 04:56 PM
People b****ing about the replacement refs costing GB a regular season win.....but didn't care that the regular refs cost Seattle a SB title

"It was a tough thing for me. I kicked two calls in the fourth quarter and I impacted the game and as an official you never want to do that. It left me with a lot of sleepless nights and I think about it constantly. I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better. I know that I did my best at that time, but it wasn't good enough. When we make mistakes, you've got to step up and own them. It's something that all officials have to deal with, but unfortunately when you have to deal with it in the Super Bowl, it's difficult." - Bill Leavy (head official of SB XL)

His two calls didn't even count these two blown calls on the following video, nor the 3rd down Big Ben TD that wasn't a TD.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vURI_Cz-p6s&feature=player_detailpage

Kaylore
09-25-2012, 05:04 PM
I hate that argument. "It happened before!" So what? Let's never correct mistakes or try to stop wrong acts because "they happen all the time! Can't stop them all!" Is that your point?

RhymesayersDU
09-25-2012, 05:10 PM
VOTE ABF FOR TROLL OF THE YEAR.

DBroncos4life
09-25-2012, 05:11 PM
I hate that argument. "It happened before!" So what? Let's never correct mistakes or try to stop wrong acts because "they happen all the time! Can't stop them all!" Is that your point?

Errand knows he is wrong but instead of admitting it he is going all Tebow defense on us.

MagicHef
09-25-2012, 05:11 PM
A.R. 8.29 NOT A SIMULTANEOUS CATCH

First-and-10 on A20. B3 controls a pass in the air at the A40 before A2, who then also controls the ball before they land. As they land, A2 and B3 fall down to the ground.

Ruling: B’s ball, first-and-10 on A40. Not a simultaneous catch as B3 gains control first and retains control.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/2011_Rule_Book.pdf

This directly contradicts what the NFL is claiming.

TheReverend
09-25-2012, 05:13 PM

Also, who WASN'T pissed at how hard Seattle got jobbed?

Kaylore
09-25-2012, 05:16 PM
Also, who WASN'T pissed at how hard Seattle got jobbed?

Exactly. Everyone was pissed about that ugly game that frauded the game away to the Steelers. Just because the Seahawks got robbed then doesn't make the refs bending over the Packers ok magically.

BroncoMan4ever
09-25-2012, 05:17 PM

Rewatch it yourself. They say tie of simultaneous goes to the offense, however Jennings has 2 hands on the ball before Tate gets his one hand on the ball.

Kaylore
09-25-2012, 05:19 PM
A.R. 8.29 NOT A SIMULTANEOUS CATCH

First-and-10 on A20. B3 controls a pass in the air at the A40 before A2, who then also controls the ball before they land. As they land, A2 and B3 fall down to the ground.

Ruling: Bís ball, first-and-10 on A40. Not a simultaneous catch as B3 gains control first and retains control.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/2011_Rule_Book.pdf

This directly contradicts what the NFL is claiming.

Also don't forget the rule of maintaining control as the player goes to the ground, esp in the endzone.

If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or
without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.

The defender is only one who maintained control on the way to the ground.

houghtam
09-25-2012, 05:32 PM
The defender is only one who maintained control on the way to the ground.

Slight correction: The defender is the only one who could have maintained control on the way to the ground.

The only two options for this play were:

Jennings controlled the ball through the entire process, resulting in an interception and touchback.

Neither Jennings nor Tate controlled the ball through the entire process, resulting in an incomplete pass.

No one who knows anything about...no. You know what? No one with EYES could possibly think that Tate had control through the entire process and Jennings did not.

ozomulsion
09-25-2012, 05:40 PM
Except that Tate pushed off and should have been flagged for offensive PI which the NFL admitted.

Your point:
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/1160261_o.gif

On NFL.com, they reviewed 87 different hail marrys, and PI was not called on a single one. Almost every one of them had PI by one or both teams. I believe it was an interception.

errand
09-25-2012, 05:50 PM

No...my point is that humans make ****ing mistakes, and humans who aren't as experienced in certain things make a few more mistakes than those who are.

If veteran NFL refs make game changing blown calls why are you clowns so upset that rookie NFL refs are?

And don't give me that "integrity of the game" bull****.....if blown calls ruin the integrity of the game, then integrity went out the window decades ago.

Kaylore
09-25-2012, 05:55 PM
No...my point is that humans make ****ing mistakes, and humans who aren't as experienced in certain things make a few more mistakes than those who are.

If veteran NFL refs make game changing blown calls why are you clowns so upset that rookie NFL refs are?

And don't give me that "integrity of the game" bull****.....if blown calls ruin the integrity of the game, then integrity went out the window decades ago.

So your argument is we should tolerate horrible incompetence because it has occurred before. If Chief of medicine decides to hire a student in nursing school because he doesn't want to pay a surgeon to do your heart surgery, and you die due to his incompetence, we should let it slide because "darn it, he did the best he could! And people have made mistakes before, dewd!"

I am confident you are totally missing the point. People aren't so much mad at the officials in particular as they are the stupidity that has put then in the situation to fail all over themselves.

errand
09-25-2012, 05:57 PM
Exactly. Everyone was pissed about that ugly game that frauded the game away to the Steelers. Just because the Seahawks got robbed then doesn't make the refs bending over the Packers ok magically.

Never said it was OK...GB was robbed.

but surely an all-star veteran group of NFL union refs costing a team the SB is much more of a transgression than rookie replacements costing one team a regular season game.

SB>>>>>>>>>regular season game

You're coming in here bitching about how these replacement guys are ruining the integrity of the game.....but I don't think anyone used that line when Leavy and his all star crew (we're talking the alleged best of the best) blew a championship bout.

teknic
09-25-2012, 05:58 PM
On NFL.com, they reviewed 87 different hail marrys, and PI was not called on a single one. Almost every one of them had PI by one or both teams. I believe it was an interception.

I know that Denver lost on a Jets hail mary 3 years ago on a defensive pass interference call... :gus:

cmhargrove
09-25-2012, 05:58 PM

You are gradually climbing the pinnnacle to the "worst Omane poster" award. You might have actually won, i'll have to check with the replay booth...

errand
09-25-2012, 06:01 PM
Errand knows he is wrong but instead of admitting it he is going all Tebow defense on us.

Wrong about what?

All I've said is that both the regular refs and the replacement refs have blown calls.....so please point out where I'm wrong.

DBroncos4life
09-25-2012, 06:06 PM
Wrong about what?

All I've said is that both the regular refs and the replacement refs have blown calls.....so please point out where I'm wrong.

By defending the scabs at all cost.

errand
09-25-2012, 06:07 PM
So your argument is we should tolerate horrible incompetence because it has occurred before. If Chief of medicine decides to hire a student in nursing school because he doesn't want to pay a surgeon to do your heart surgery, and you die due to his incompetence, we should let it slide because "darn it, he did the best he could! And people have made mistakes before, dewd!"

I am confident you are totally missing the point. People aren't so much mad at the officials in particular as they are the stupidity that has put then in the situation to fail all over themselves.

No my argument is that you have been tolerating bad officiating for decades now...why it's all of a sudden an issue is beyond me.

as for my dying at the hands of a student vs. a surgeon...WTf would I care I'm dead.

errand
09-25-2012, 06:11 PM
By defending the scabs at all cost.

Scabs? Isn't that a term used to describe others who take jobs of striking union members?

The union refs aren't on strike...their CBA contract has expired, which means they're no longer employed by the NFL.....

DBroncos4life
09-25-2012, 06:11 PM
No my argument is that you have been tolerating bad officiating for decades now...why it's all of a sudden an issue is beyond me.

as for my dying at the hands of a student vs. a surgeon...WTf would I care I'm dead.

Yeah you still think its just a game here and then that is being messed up. Get a clue

AmericanBroncFan
09-25-2012, 06:13 PM
You are gradually climbing the pinnnacle to the "worst Omane poster" award. You might have actually won, i'll have to check with the replay booth...

I can atleast see WHY the ref made the TD call because I'm not a sheep like you

errand
09-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Yeah you still think its just a game here and then that is being messed up. Get a clue

and you don't think likewise about the other guys they replaced? Refs have been blowing games ever since there were refs....

DBroncos4life
09-25-2012, 06:20 PM
and you don't think likewise about the other guys they replaced? Refs have been blowing games ever since there were refs....

my ****ing god, keep beating that drum McGruder

houghtam
09-25-2012, 06:25 PM

The ref that made the TD call could not have physically seen what you described.

You're not a sheep, you're a weasel.

underrated29
09-25-2012, 06:26 PM
Yes the refs have been blowing the calls but there is a difference between Monica lewinsky blowing bill Clinton and Monica lewinsky having an anal gangbang with bill and the rest of the joint chiefs.

There is a difference between a few bad calls a game and tons of bad calls and missed calls every single game.

cmhargrove
09-25-2012, 06:47 PM

I have watched the play literally dozens of times, and would call it for Green Bay every single time.

You sound perfectly "unqualified" to be a replacement referee, you should probably apply while they still have a job.

It was a farce, and a low point in the history of the league. The refs (all of them) missed one of the most blatant PI calls we will see all year, then they blew the INT call. The two refs (who disagreed in the end zone), should have conferred in the end zone before either signalled the call. But they didn't, and the reputation of the game takes another big hit.

I am most impressed with the discipline of Mike McCarthy for marching his team back on the field for the XP. That was a tough thing to ask of his players given the circumstances.

Jekyll15Hyde
09-25-2012, 06:49 PM
GTFO

oubronco
09-25-2012, 06:55 PM

How did he do all that with Jennings laying on top of him?

Oh with the ball in his arms against his chest

ColoradoDarin
09-25-2012, 07:18 PM
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN'TTT CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRREEEEEEE

razorwire77
09-25-2012, 07:26 PM

http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/193417-1/Troll-cat.gif

Troll cat

Kaylore
09-25-2012, 07:46 PM

This is such an idiotic response on so many levels.

1. The officiating is never this bad.
2. When refs blew calls everyone hated. In what world are you living where "everyone was cool" with bad calls.
3. re "I'm dead I don't care." You just don't get it.

TheReverend
09-25-2012, 08:00 PM
This is such an idiotic response on so many levels.

1. The officiating is never this bad.
2. When refs blew calls everyone hated. In what world are you living where "everyone was cool" with bad calls.
3. re "I'm dead I don't care." You just don't get it.

Be careful dude... errand's going to claim his cousin is a replacement ref and get you banned for family smack.

Jetmeck
09-25-2012, 08:06 PM

Typical republican deflection...........

To the OP....Golden Tate damn near pushed a GB defender to the ground prior to the catch or interception.

Offensive pass interference so no catch......the NFL screwed the pooch

Jetmeck
09-25-2012, 08:11 PM

Labor hating moron. Your wrong ...the other refs are clearly better.

If you had the facts tattooed on your forehead looking in the mirror you would argue with yourself..............

houghtam
09-25-2012, 08:11 PM
Be careful dude... errand's going to claim his cousin is a dead replacement ref and get you banned for family smack.

FYP

Jetmeck
09-25-2012, 08:14 PM

Regardless of how many other hail mary plays came out, there was obvious PI on Seattle no matter how you spin the facts.............there it is

AmericanBroncFan
09-25-2012, 08:17 PM
The ref that made the TD call could not have physically seen what you described.

You're not a sheep, you're a weasel.

BS! The ref that made the call was right in front of it all. The black ref is the one that came running over from the goal post. The TD ref (white one) was stand at the front of the endzone. He seen the whole thing happen

lonestar
09-25-2012, 08:28 PM
Scabs? Isn't that a term used to describe others who take jobs of striking union members?

The union refs aren't on strike...their CBA contract has expired, which means they're no longer employed by the NFL.....

just a minor point.. that union morons fail to get..

Cito Pelon
09-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Rewatch it yourself. They say tie of simultaneous goes to the offense, however Jennings has 2 hands on the ball before Tate gets his one hand on the ball.

Jennings should have just batted the ball to the ground so we didn't have to go through this. The drill on a Hail Mary is to bat the ball to the ground. An INT means nothing when time is already expired. Jennings made a dumbass play.

lonestar
09-25-2012, 08:31 PM
Labor hating moron. Your wrong ...the other refs are clearly better.

If you had the facts tattooed on your forehead looking in the mirror you would argue with yourself..............

personally it sounds your a union stooge from that response..

OH WAIT you are..:thumbsup:

DBroncos4life
09-25-2012, 08:33 PM
Jennings should have just batted the ball to the ground so we didn't have to go through this. The drill on a Hail Mary is to bat the ball to the ground. An INT means nothing when time is already expired. Jennings made a dumbass play.

Yeah just like the Titans Lions game right?

Jason in LA
09-25-2012, 08:45 PM

When I looked at the replays, I didn't even think Tate had a hand on the ball. This shot proves that.

Cito Pelon
09-25-2012, 08:49 PM

I don't know what the comparison is, you'll have to explain that to me. I didn't watch that game.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Just opened this thread for the lulz..... and I'm all like:

http://toddsrus.themtodds.org/mma/mother-of-god-gif-i4.jpg

DBroncos4life
09-25-2012, 08:57 PM
I don't know what the comparison is, you'll have to explain that to me. I didn't watch that game.

The DB batted the ball down right to a Lions WR for the game tying touchdown.

swaiy
09-25-2012, 09:01 PM
BS! The ref that made the call was right in front of it all. The black ref is the one that came running over from the goal post. The TD ref (white one) was stand at the front of the endzone. He seen the whole thing happen

If the ref from the goal post saw that it wasnt a TD along with everyone else thats not a troll, delusional and/or Seahawks fan, what the **** was the ref standing next to it all doing? I'll give you a hint: not his damn job.

HAT
09-25-2012, 09:05 PM

You do realize the term "knock it down" can mean any way of being a smart defender right?

Jennings out lept everybody and easily could have thrown the ball over his shoulder out of the end zone.

GB got stone cold ****ed but that shouldn't let a stat whore off the hook.

Cito Pelon
09-25-2012, 09:08 PM
When I looked at the replays, I didn't even think Tate had a hand on the ball. This shot proves that.

Unfortunately, he had enough to convince somebody of "simultaneous possession".

I say the GB guy Jennings should have either batted the ball down or put the ball on the ground so there was no question that it was an incomplete pass. Jennings got into a wrestling match when he could have just let the ball squirt out to the ground, game over, GB wins. Trying to INT the ball with time already expired is just dumb. With time expired on 4th down, you get a passed ball on the ground as fast as you can, you don't try to intercept it.

DBroncos4life
09-25-2012, 09:21 PM
You do realize the term "knock it down" can mean any way of being a smart defender right?

Jennings out lept everybody and easily could have thrown the ball over his shoulder out of the end zone.

LOL what?

underrated29
09-25-2012, 09:21 PM
Unfortunately, he had enough to convince somebody of "simultaneous possession".

I say the GB guy Jennings should have either batted the ball down or put the ball on the ground so there was no question that it was an incomplete pass. Jennings got into a wrestling match when he could have just let the ball squirt out to the ground, game over, GB wins. Trying to INT the ball with time already expired is just dumb. With time expired on 4th down, you get a passed ball on the ground as fast as you can, you don't try to intercept it.

For all we know doing that the refs would had called it a fumble and given Seattle the Td if he recovered. Now he could try to catch the pass and put it on the ground and then out of bounds, but the refs could call illegal kicking and give a free play, or have Seattle recover it or who knows what else. Safest play is to have the ball on your hands not theirs. 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 9999% of the time in nfl history this has been the case.

houghtam
09-25-2012, 09:29 PM

Stat whore? Come on.

Here's Jennings' career stat line:

Games played: 18
Tackles: 7

That's a rather ridiculous claim to make. Yes, he probably should have gone into the play looking to bat the ball down. But to think he tried to catch the ball to pad his stats is just plain ludicrous.

Broncos4tw
09-25-2012, 09:34 PM
How can a player control a ball while still in the air?

No one "had control" until someone had the ball, it was not moving, and they had two feet on the ground, in-bounds. That is "control" in the NFL. Neither player could possibly "have control" while they were still airborne. Stop making argument with that mindset.

Who had control when it mattered? Which player had hands on it.. it was not moving.. when their feet both hit the ground (or knee or whatever). Whichever it was had control and possession.

Cito Pelon
09-25-2012, 09:39 PM
The DB batted the ball down right to a Lions WR for the game tying touchdown.

OK, but the percentages say on a game-winning Hail Mary you bat the ball down with time expired.

Cito Pelon
09-25-2012, 09:42 PM
For all we know doing that the refs would had called it a fumble and given Seattle the Td if he recovered. Now he could try to catch the pass and put it on the ground and then out of bounds, but the refs could call illegal kicking and give a free play, or have Seattle recover it or who knows what else. Safest play is to have the ball on your hands not theirs. 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 9999% of the time in nfl history this has been the case.

Please.

HAT
09-25-2012, 09:43 PM
But to think he tried to catch the ball to pad his stats is just plain ludicrous.

So is the fact that GB lost.....Again, they got ****ed...But "knock it down"

gyldenlove
09-25-2012, 10:15 PM

No one "had control" until someone had the ball, it was not moving, and they had two feet on the ground, in-bounds. That is "control" in the NFL. Neither player could possibly "have control" while they were still airborne. Stop making argument with that mindset.

Who had control when it mattered? Which player had hands on it.. it was not moving.. when their feet both hit the ground (or knee or whatever). Whichever it was had control and possession.

Entirely incorrect. You establish control of the ball the splitsecond you have the ball in your grasp such that it can not move around. Having control of the ball is a requirement for a completed pass.

It is irrefutable from evidence that as the players went down, the GB player had 2 hands on the ball and the Seattle player had one hand in the area of the ball and one hand grasping the Seattle player.

From the rules it is quite clear that Rule 8, section 1, article 3, section 5 states: It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control. Clearly the Green Bay player had control first meaning that if he at any point while his feet or ass touched the ground had control of the ball even if it was joint it was an interception and down by contact.

ozomulsion
09-25-2012, 10:25 PM

Regardless of how many other hail mary plays came out, there was obvious PI on Seattle no matter how you spin the facts.............there it is

LOL Reading comprehension buddy. Try it

ZONA
09-25-2012, 10:34 PM

WRONG !!!!!

Watch it again dude. When the DB first catches the ball, Tate's right hand is on the DB's WRIST, not the ball. You have to look close. Most people just assume his hand is on the ball but it's not, it's on the WRIST of the DB first. And then, he also removed a hand once he got 2 of them on there finally. So it clearly was no catch. And the real refs today said that PI was so obvious there's no way that miss that call and the rest is not even a discussion.

NOTICE TATE'S RIGHT HAND - NOT ON BALL - ON DB'S WRIST

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/howweseeit/Hail%20Mary.jpg

MagicHef
09-25-2012, 10:46 PM

No.

Possession is just one part of making a catch, like having 2 feet in bounds. You do not need to complete a catch to have possession.

TDmvp
09-25-2012, 10:51 PM
As I've said about every time ABF post something.

O now I get it... AmericanBroncFan (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=27545) is one of those high functioning retards.

Don't argue with retards. :thumbsup:

broncocalijohn
09-26-2012, 12:25 AM
VOTE ABF FOR TROLL OF THE YEAR.

he is coming on strong for douche of the year but somehow our little 5 foot 6 inch friend Karenin will take it away by being banned for the 6th time in a year.

maven
09-26-2012, 12:48 AM

I'm happy the seachickens won.

Gort
09-26-2012, 01:59 AM
I'm happy the seachickens won.

I'm happy the GB cheeseaters lost, but the outcome is the same...

schadenfreude for all!

tsiguy96
09-26-2012, 02:08 AM
i am absolutely convinced the ref forgot who was on offense. he saw packers jennings come down with the ball, and as SOON as the ball got ripped away by MD jennings, he called touchdown.

Rohirrim
09-26-2012, 04:49 AM
It's a catch. Red team wins.

ColoradoDarin
09-26-2012, 05:23 AM
As I've said about every time ABF post something.

Don't argue with retards. :thumbsup:

Disagree about the high functioning part.

Dedhed
09-26-2012, 06:43 AM

This is the worst argument you've made on the OM, and that's saying something.

ol#7
09-26-2012, 07:18 AM
WRONG !!!!!

Watch it again dude. When the DB first catches the ball, Tate's right hand is on the DB's WRIST, not the ball. You have to look close. Most people just assume his hand is on the ball but it's not, it's on the WRIST of the DB first. And then, he also removed a hand once he got 2 of them on there finally. So it clearly was no catch. And the real refs today said that PI was so obvious there's no way that miss that call and the rest is not even a discussion.

NOTICE TATE'S RIGHT HAND - NOT ON BALL - ON DB'S WRIST

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/howweseeit/Hail%20Mary.jpg

OK, I AGREE that it is an INT, but stating that you can clearly see his hand is on the wrist and not the ball is false.

bronco militia
09-26-2012, 07:32 AM
do you guys remember this moron?

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/77161772_display_image-e1348611540195.jpg?

In nearly 11 years of this websiteís existence, no game has created a stronger reaction than Monday nightís debacle in Seattle.

Coincidentally, the only other game that created similar buzz also involved the Seahawks. It was Super Bowl XL, which left the Seahawks feeling chagrined by a string of questionable calls, prompting among other things the creation of officiating jerseys that werenít black and white, but black and yellow.

But that game didnít entail an error that directly and clearly determined the outcome. Few NFL games turn on such a bright-line moment. And one of the men involved in last nightís game had a direct hand (literally and figuratively) in a game-changing decision that involved, well, a piece of change.

Phil Luckett, the man who bungled the overtime coin toss in a Thanksgiving 1998 game between the Steelers and Lions, was the league supervisor in the replay booth for the game between the Packers and the Seahawks, according to Peter King of SI.com. The Seahawks likewise know that name, because Luckett was the referee on the crew that incorrectly gave Jets quarterback Vinny Testaverde a game-winning touchdown against the Seahawks, not long after the Steelers-Lions morass.

As we explained several weeks ago, the NFL is using a league supervisor for every regular-season game officiated by replacements. Itís a procedure that the league normally uses during the postseason.

The league supervisor now sits in the replay booth. Which means that Luckett was change-purse deep in the decision to not overturn the ruling on the field of a touchdown.

As NBC officiating consultant Jim Daopoulos explained, both during Pro Football Talk on NBC Sports Network and PFT Live on the web, the league supervisor and the replay official ó neither of whom are replacements ó are directly involved in the replay decisions. Itís a procedure that doesnít apply under normal circumstances, with the regular officials on the field and the regular referee going under the hood.

Thus, for three of the most notorious game-deciding errors in recent NFL history, Luckett was involved. That was bad luck for the Steelers in 1998, bad luck for the Seahawks later that year, but good luck for the Seahawks on Monday night

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/25/phil-luckett-had-a-hand-in-monday-nights-debacle/

DarkHorse30
09-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Obama said it was a bad call. If he fixes the NFL he gets my vote.

....because regular refs will never make bad calls (or coin flips) when they get back in charge.

Tombstone RJ
09-26-2012, 09:05 AM
i am absolutely convinced the ref forgot who was on offense. he saw packers jennings come down with the ball, and as SOON as the ball got ripped away by MD jennings, he called touchdown.

:thumbsup:

this make sense.

canadianbroncosfan
09-26-2012, 09:10 AM

http://tweeting.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Replacement-refs-NFL-blown-call.jpg

which ref are you referring too?

gyldenlove
09-26-2012, 09:15 AM
http://tweeting.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Replacement-refs-NFL-blown-call.jpg

which ref are you referring too?

Stan or Ollie?

Victor
09-26-2012, 09:32 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/27324613.jpg

DBroncos4life
09-26-2012, 10:39 AM
....because regular refs will never make bad calls (or coin flips) when they get back in charge.

Lol dude **** off these replacement refs have messed up more games in three weeks the the regular refs have in 5 seasons.

Smiling Assassin27
09-26-2012, 11:09 AM
<iframe src='http://widget.newsinc.com/single.html?WID=2015&VID=23823733&freewheel=69016&sitesection=kcpq' height='320' width='425' scrolling='no' frameborder='0' marginwidth='0' marginheight='0'></iframe>

HAT
09-26-2012, 11:34 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/27324613.jpg

Hahaha....best.pic.ever #manehistory

ol#7
09-27-2012, 01:12 AM
For anyone that still cares, Tate does get his hand on the ball, possibly first, at about the 12 second mark. Not the wrist. I don't think that constitutes a catch per se, but it is not as bad as some have argued. Real ref's are back anyway, but this is the first time I have seen this shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDnSdkefYAA

enjolras
09-27-2012, 09:10 AM
*edit* SmilingAssasin already posted the video */edit*

Video a news station in Seattle took. Shows that Tate had both hands on the ball all the way to the ground. Combine that with the angle above (which shows that Tate definitely got his hands on the ball at worst at the same time) and you have a really strong case that the scabs got it right.

Tombstone RJ
09-27-2012, 09:25 AM
meh, who cares? Packers fans will cry about this call for years to come but you know what? DOOOOONNNNNNNTTTTTTTTT CAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEE!!!

AmericanBroncFan
09-27-2012, 10:19 AM
<iframe src='http://widget.newsinc.com/single.html?WID=2015&VID=23823733&freewheel=69016&sitesection=kcpq' height='320' width='425' scrolling='no' frameborder='0' marginwidth='0' marginheight='0'></iframe>

This angle show the PROOF Tate had the ball just as much as the GB defender. GREAT CALL by that scab. With all the pressure in that situation this ref had the stones to get it right. TOUCHDOWN!

bronco militia
09-27-2012, 10:38 AM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/tdhawks.jpg