PDA

View Full Version : Replacement refs?

DBroncos4life
09-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Do you think they are doing a good job still?

DBroncos4life
09-24-2012, 08:47 PM
Ha ha ha hahahaha hah ahaha

Bmore Manning
09-24-2012, 08:51 PM
That play may be the straw that broke the camels back with these officials.

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-24-2012, 08:53 PM
Earlier today I said I would stop watching as long as these incompetent refs were ruining games. Well I turn on the last second of the game and see they just completely destroyed this.

Hahaha the NFL is a joke. I guess you can shove a defender out of the way now without being pass interference.

DBroncos4life
09-24-2012, 08:53 PM
I wanted this to be a public poll.

broncocalijohn
09-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Well, shut it down because this will be lopsided. You dont need a poll. It is obvious.

ColoradoDarin
09-24-2012, 08:56 PM
Well, shut it down because this will be lopsided. You dont need a poll. It is obvious.

I voted yes because derp poll is derp.

DBroncos4life
09-24-2012, 09:00 PM

BS we will still have tards saying the old refs missed calls like before.

Br0nc0Buster
09-24-2012, 09:14 PM
It has become a joke at this point

No longer about the best team winning
Games are being decided by the refs, not the players

lonestar
09-24-2012, 09:23 PM
It has become a joke at this point

No longer about the best team winning
Games are being decided by the refs, not the players

whine whine whine..

just how many games is that..

I'll check back tomorrow for your answer..

McDman
09-24-2012, 09:24 PM
NOOOOOOO, I voted for the wrong one!

Br0nc0Buster
09-24-2012, 09:29 PM
whine whine whine..

did you not watch this game?
or last nights game?
or last Monday nights game?

Teams are getting screwed over by these replacement refs

DBroncos4life
09-24-2012, 09:37 PM
22 Yards for a 15 yard penalty in the lions game lol. Extra yards help teams win.

razorwire77
09-24-2012, 09:44 PM
That play may be the straw that broke the camels back with these officials.

It will be interesting to see how deep the NFL hubris goes. If they continue to strong arm the real officials and force feed us this crap, the fire is going to continue to burn. The NFL is a juggernaut, but it's not completely insulated from being impacted, if it keeps pulling **** like this.

Doggcow
09-24-2012, 10:37 PM
http://www.imgur.com/tySng.jpeg

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-24-2012, 10:43 PM
whine whine whine..

What a shock that the biggest dip**** on the board doesn't think the replacements are doing a poor job.

"I AM shocked by this development," said no one.

Doggcow
09-24-2012, 10:48 PM
Clay Matthews III (http://www.facebook.com/50ShadesOfClay/posts/463066213715942)
Roger Goodell can be reached at xxx-xxx-xxxx. Feel free to share.

Jetland
09-24-2012, 11:02 PM
What a shock that the biggest dip**** on the board doesn't think the replacements are doing a poor job.

HA

mopatt24
09-24-2012, 11:14 PM
Got that kinda feeling right about now

Doggcow
09-24-2012, 11:18 PM

I just ****ing died loling

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-24-2012, 11:30 PM

/dies

lonestar
09-24-2012, 11:36 PM
did you not watch this game?
or last nights game?
or last Monday nights game?

Teams are getting screwed over by these replacement refs

which game
last nights game only a few minutes
tonight's game no..

matters not it will even out over time just like with the old refs..

quite whining about something you have no control over..

lonestar
09-24-2012, 11:40 PM

I did not say they are not doing a poor job..

Just that whining about it on a football forum is not going to change anything..

over all they are not as good as the real refs but when all is said and done the mistakes will even out for each team.. JUST LIKE IT DID with the real refs..

it is a GAME.. not life or death like some of you think it is..

Doggcow
09-24-2012, 11:43 PM

Just that whining about it on a football forum is not going to change anything..

over all they are not as good as the real refs but when all is said and done the mistakes will even out for each team.. JUST LIKE IT DID with the real refs..

Wait so you're saying the refs need to give GB a game now? Like just hand them 7 points at the end of one for free? God I'd love to see that next week rofl.

lonestar
09-24-2012, 11:43 PM
Clay Matthews III (http://www.facebook.com/50ShadesOfClay/posts/463066213715942)
Roger Goodell can be reached at xxx-xxx-xxxx. Feel free to share.

Please everyone call and see if it makes a difference..

the only folks that can make this go away is congress threatening them with pulling their anti trust exemption and we all know that is not going to happen..

They are not going to cave on this it is employer vs employee negotiations..

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-24-2012, 11:45 PM

HURR DUH HURRRRRRRR

It's a football message board, Francis. You really think anyone is posting here in the hopes that it will change the outcome for the regular officials?

Christ, you're ****ing stupid.

lonestar
09-24-2012, 11:48 PM
Wait so you're saying the refs need to give GB a game now? Like just hand them 7 points at the end of one for free? God I'd love to see that next week rofl.

Did I say that?
I said..

just like the Houkli call that gave us the win they did not give San a win..
I said it will even out overall over the year..

I'd guess that they may have something in place to overrule bad calls that are game changers.

Maybe they will at the league level..

It is not life or death.. it is a GAME..

24champ
09-24-2012, 11:50 PM
which game
last nights game only a few minutes
tonight's game no..

matters not it will even out over time just like with the old refs..

quite whining about something you have no control over..

You didn't even watch the games and are defending these referees?

Just do us all a favor and STFU.

lonestar
09-24-2012, 11:51 PM
HURR DUH HURRRRRRRR

It's a football message board, Francis. You really think anyone is posting here in the hopes that it will change the outcome for the regular officials?

Christ, you're ****ing stupid.

If I'm reading that the way I think i am

it sounds to me that everyone is bitch to bitch and that the outcome for the regular refs will not change..

I think you meant that everyone hopes the old refs will get a contract..

I do also but I do not see the NFL caving on this.. if anyone caves it will be the refs.. IMO

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-24-2012, 11:52 PM
If I'm reading that the way I think i am

it sounds to me that everyone is b**** to b**** and that the outcome for the regular refs will not change..

I think you meant that everyone hopes the old refs will get a contract..

I do also but I do not see the NFL caving on this.. if anyone caves it will be the refs.. IMO

I have to wonder if you CAN read.

lonestar
09-24-2012, 11:54 PM
You didn't even watch the games and are defending these referees?

Just do us all a favor and STFU.

if you do not want to read my stuff, do me a favor and put me ion IGGY..

I could care less about the refs in some other game..

In our game I saw calls go both ways that were poor..

I'm guessing if you go to the HOU site you will see folks bitching about call made against them..

For me it is not life or death like a bunch of you kiddies seem to think it is..

lonestar
09-24-2012, 11:57 PM
I have to wonder if you CAN read.

You really think anyone is posting here in the hopes that it will change the outcome for the regular officials?

sounds to me that you are saying no one cares what happens (outcome) to the regular refs..

yes I can read.. can you?

24champ
09-25-2012, 12:06 AM

I'm guessing if you go to the HOU site you will see folks b****ing about call made against them..

For me it is not life or death like a bunch of you kiddies seem to think it is..

Why do you care so much about others thoughts on the refereeing in other games, when you didn't watch the games????

Fight_On!
09-25-2012, 12:09 AM
@AtomicMexican: @PGutierrezCSN @CorkOnTheNFL Are these replacement refs bought off by the mob or Vegas!? Things smelling fishy!!

Broncos4Life
09-25-2012, 12:14 AM
Should have made this one public.

lonestar
09-25-2012, 12:15 AM
Why do you care so much about others thoughts on the refereeing in other games, when you didn't watch the games????
just where do you see me comment about other games in this post?
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post

I'm guessing if you go to the HOU site you will see folks b****ing about call made against them..

Doggcow
09-25-2012, 12:19 AM

So you're saying you're a 'broncos fan' that comes to a football message board to troll other broncos fans?

Seriously, go **** yourself.

24champ
09-25-2012, 12:35 AM

http://gifstumblr.com/images/you-are-literally-too-stupid-to-insult_1171.gif

Broncos4Life
09-25-2012, 12:54 AM

Poor calls, both sides, most of the games this season. Worse than I can ever remember.

For most die hards, it is life and death. Every play.

Yeah, this season is pretty disgusting as far as penalties go. Especially the PI's. It is starting to make the game hard to watch for me. I wont ever stop watching our Broncos play, but I can't ever remember a season where almost every play, I was thinking there is gonna be a BS call! Its just disgusting!

ol#7
09-25-2012, 01:25 AM
I voted Yes they are doing a good job.

Look, these guys are terrible. They have NO BUSINESS being out there, but its not as if they aren't doing the best they can. They just shouldn't be put in that position. The tendancy is to blame the overmatched, incompetent, undertrained, ref and not the league putting them in that position.

Really, is the outcome all that suprising? It is AMAZING that every game isn't a complete and total joke.

go_broncos
09-25-2012, 03:27 AM
There should be only one option and it is 'No'.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-25-2012, 06:30 AM
I voted Yes they are doing a good job.

Look, these guys are terrible. They have NO BUSINESS being out there, but its not as if they aren't doing the best they can. They just shouldn't be put in that position. The tendancy is to blame the overmatched, incompetent, undertrained, ref and not the league putting them in that position.

Really, is the outcome all that suprising? It is AMAZING that every game isn't a complete and total joke.

"They're doing the best they can" isn't the same as "they're doing a good job." Yet you vote "Yes" in the poll.

smh.

I don't give a flying **** who you blame for this. Wanna blame the league? You should, they're responsible. Wanna blame the real refs? You can, though you'd be wrong (obviously, they have a unique skillset that is harder to learn than most people thought). Wanna blame the replacements? They could tell the league to go **** itself because of the abuse they're taking if it's too much.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter who's "responsible." I just want it to be ****ing fixed. Why is that so difficult to understand?

The league gambled that these guys would be as good as the regular officials, and they were wrong, and now they're paying for it. I didn't think they'd be good, but I thought they'd be okay for the league to wait out the real refs. They are not. They are terrible.

If I'm being too mean, maybe the league will fine me because I called them on their bull****.

houghtam
09-25-2012, 07:02 AM
Blame the NFL or blame the old refs. Blame your mother, it won't matter.

I love how lonestar first implies that the refs are not affecting games at all, then backtracks and says no they are but it will all even out in te end. Dumb. But he is from Texas, the proprietor of dumb for half of the country.

Also, the point isn't JUST that the refs are affecting the games (which they are), it's that they are making the games unwatchable. An HOUR long first quarter for us last week? Games routinely having 25+ penalties? How can you admit to not watching any of the games and then in the same breath claim that it's not a big deal unless you wear a little yellow helmet and child harness all day?

Play2win
09-25-2012, 07:08 AM
If you are in job over your head, either learn fast or GTFO.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-25-2012, 07:10 AM
Sometimes you just need a rocket scientist to build you a rocket. (http://dailydickpunch.com/2012/09/25/nfl-replacements-and-religious-devotion-to-ideology-collide/)

Play2win
09-25-2012, 07:10 AM
Oh, well. At least we still have Saturdays...

DENVERDUI55
09-25-2012, 07:25 AM
This all reminds me of the ED Hoculi call that gave us win over San Diego.

houghtam
09-25-2012, 07:26 AM
Sometimes you just need a rocket scientist to build you a rocket. (http://dailydickpunch.com/2012/09/25/nfl-replacements-and-religious-devotion-to-ideology-collide/)

Rep to you, sirrah.

And thatís where this idea of dogmatic devotion to ideology has crippled Americaís Passion, professional football. You see, there are still some out there like my neighbor in the unfortunate white shoes/dark jeans combo who believe, above all else, that stopping the unions is the most important part of the equation. He entered the discussion/argument from the viewpoint that all unions are bad, anti-capitalist and anti-American, and should be destroyed, because the free market will solve every issue. And when you enter a discussion from an angle of intractable dogma, there is no amount of reason or logic that will change your mind.

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-25-2012, 07:33 AM
Teu are division 2 refs. There's a reason they are not division 1 refs. They aren't good. Had a chance to get it right last night and blew that. You must be a complete bonehead not to see the reciever push down the defender. The nosebleed section even saw that in real time.

Drunk Monkey
09-25-2012, 07:35 AM
@AtomicMexican: @PGutierrezCSN @CorkOnTheNFL Are these replacement refs bought off by the mob or Vegas!? Things smelling fishy!!

Some more media attention to this possibility would probably get the NFL moving.

TMZ needs to lay off the celebs and focus their death ray on mob related ref's.

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-25-2012, 07:36 AM
You guys know there is a difference in the "republican" eye between a privatized union and a public sector union?

houghtam
09-25-2012, 07:46 AM
You guys know there is a difference in the "republican" eye between a privatized union and a public sector union?

Are the results from scab workers somehow different in a public sector union? News to me.

ol#7
09-25-2012, 07:58 AM
"They're doing the best they can" isn't the same as "they're doing a good job." Yet you vote "Yes" in the poll.

smh.

I don't give a flying **** who you blame for this. Wanna blame the league? You should, they're responsible. Wanna blame the real refs? You can, though you'd be wrong (obviously, they have a unique skillset that is harder to learn than most people thought). Wanna blame the replacements? They could tell the league to go **** itself because of the abuse they're taking if it's too much.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter who's "responsible." I just want it to be ****ing fixed. Why is that so difficult to understand?

The league gambled that these guys would be as good as the regular officials, and they were wrong, and now they're paying for it. I didn't think they'd be good, but I thought they'd be okay for the league to wait out the real refs. They are not. They are terrible.

If I'm being too mean, maybe the league will fine me because I called them on their bull****.

Point being, they are doing 'as good a job' as undertrained, unqualified, officials should be expected to be doing. If I pay a 4 year old to cut my grass, I shouldnt be suprised when my yard looks like crap.

Too easy to say no to that poll. Just trying to inject a bit of discussion.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-25-2012, 07:59 AM
http://oi48.tinypic.com/14nk03l.jpg

uh... touchdown?

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-25-2012, 08:04 AM
Are the results from scab workers somehow different in a public sector union? News to me.

Just saying IMO I have no problem with a private sector union as I do public. Just look to California's disaster and some of the reasons why businesses and people are moving to the Midwest and Texas.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-25-2012, 08:14 AM
http://deadspin.com/5946173/fire-this-asshole

Maybe spontaneous player boycotts won't ever happen. Maybe spontaneous coach boycotts won't ever happen. Certainly, every proposed fan boycott is hopelessly doomed to fail. But none of that is necessary right now because Goodell has already disgraced football in ways that will never be forgotten. The day he dies, we'll still remember the time he stuck us with illegitimate games at the beginning of the 2012 season and then spent the first three weeks of this disastrous season hiding in a ****ing pantry. He's such a strong man, he can't even look you fans in the eye.

ol#7
09-25-2012, 08:25 AM
uh... touchdown?

Look, I agree it is a bad call, buuuuuuut, you really cant see Tate's left hand on any of the angles. Jennings didnt catch it with his hands, he let it get to his chest. As such, it is really tough to tell if their is an argument for a simultaneous catch. Besides, per the rule, you don't have to have two hands on it to be a catch. Looks like an INT to me, but I also have yet to see an angle that completely rules out the possibility of Tate posessing the ball simultaneously with his left hand.

Gutless Drunk
09-25-2012, 08:28 AM

Beantown Bronco
09-25-2012, 08:34 AM
Look, I agree it is a bad call, buuuuuuut, you really cant see Tate's left hand on any of the angles. Jennings didnt catch it with his hands, he let it get to his chest. As such, it is really tough to tell if their is an argument for a simultaneous catch. Besides, per the rule, you don't have to have two hands on it to be a catch. Looks like an INT to me, but I also have yet to see an angle that completely rules out the possibility of Tate posessing the ball simultaneously with his left hand.

You would make a good replacement ref.

You sound like Mike Perreira during his weekly "explain away all the bad calls" segments on nfl network before he moved on and didn't work for the league anymore.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-25-2012, 08:36 AM
You would make a good replacement ref.

You sound like Mike Perreira during his weekly "explain away all the bad calls" segments on nfl network before he moved on and didn't work for the league anymore.

No ****ing ****.

He's on the ground, two arms around the football clasped to his chest.

Tate is on the ground UNDER HIM with one arm on the football. That's not simultaneous possession. It's not even close to simultaneous possession.

Sweet christ, when will people stop making excuses for this terrible officiating?

houghtam
09-25-2012, 08:47 AM

Come on, man.

In what world does putting one arm in between the ball and the player's chest...WHILE LAYING UNDERNEATH HIM...while the player cradles the ball against his chest with two arms?

In that case, I suppose if you and your buddy take a girl back to the room and he screws her while you lay asleep beside them...did you just score?

DBroncos4life
09-25-2012, 08:52 AM
After further review the defender caught the football, but the wide receiver caught the defender so its a touchdown.

Beantown Bronco
09-25-2012, 08:53 AM
In that case, I suppose if you and your buddy take a girl back to the room and he screws her while you lay asleep beside them...did you just score?

Unless Smurf's roommate walks in unexpectedly.

BroncoBeavis
09-25-2012, 08:56 AM

I saw this in a movie once, and the answer is... maybe?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-25-2012, 09:05 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AzPBcCF9yKc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bronco militia
09-25-2012, 09:18 AM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/dogref.png

fwf
09-25-2012, 09:39 AM
Im starting to think its a f'n conspiracy mannnnn.

1)Maybe the league is doing this to divert peoples attention away from the concussion issue. I mean it was bound to get a lot more attention this season, but now all anyone can talk about is the refs.

2)Or maybe the LAWYERS, the guys that are so mush smarter then all of us apparently, and who have to justify their jobs are telling Goddell that any publicity is good publicity and that you should treat the games as entertainment much like the WWE. That game scores in the end dont matter.

houghtam
09-25-2012, 09:43 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AzPBcCF9yKc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hey, I just met you...

That play was crazy...

What's his number?

I'll call it maybe!

Genius.

Crushaholic
09-25-2012, 09:45 AM

uh... touchdown?

Forget the whole "pass interference" issue. This is all the evidence that is needed...

canadianbroncosfan
09-25-2012, 09:54 AM

uh... touchdown?

This isn't a court of law god damn it!!! Reasonable thought and photographic evidence are not enough to satisfy this court buddy!

Jesus someone send this to league that agree with the refs decision.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-25-2012, 09:55 AM
And now this:

http://deadspin.com/5946249/?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

"The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review."

USA! USA! Scab refs for all!

ColoradoDarin
09-25-2012, 10:19 AM
And now this:

http://deadspin.com/5946249/?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

"The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review."

USA! USA! Scab refs for all!

Nothing new:
The rulebook also states when a simultaneous catch is ruled, you can't review who made the catch. You can only review if it was complete or incomplete.

Beantown Bronco
09-25-2012, 10:29 AM
Nothing new:
The rulebook also states when a simultaneous catch is ruled, you can't review who made the catch. You can only review if it was complete or incomplete.

This is where Beantown has the solution. He could've ruled "incomplete by way of interception." He'd be technically correct, he wouldn't have broken any replay rules and everyone would be happy....except biased Seattle fans of course.

BroncoBeavis
09-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Nothing new:

I don't think there was an official determination of "simultaneous catch"

The fact that the referee decided to go ahead and review makes that a difficult explanation.

Rabb
09-25-2012, 12:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PnDzW.jpg

Gort
09-25-2012, 01:02 PM
This is where Beantown has the solution. He could've ruled "incomplete by way of interception." He'd be technically correct, he wouldn't have broken any replay rules and everyone would be happy....except biased Seattle fans of course.

embrace the schadenfreude of GB getting jobbed at the end.

it feels good. sort of a warm sensation. just for a moment. like peeing in the ocean.

lonestar
09-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Poor calls, both sides, most of the games this season. Worse than I can ever remember.

For most die hards, it is life and death. Every play.

Yeah, this season is pretty disgusting as far as penalties go. Especially the PI's. It is starting to make the game hard to watch for me. I wont ever stop watching our Broncos play, but I can't ever remember a season where almost every play, I was thinking there is gonna be a BS call! Its just disgusting!

I'm am just as die hard as any.. Been a bronco fans since 1960 went to loads of the games one I remember vividly 49-7 and the only reason we got seven was on a kickoff return.

What is happening now is still not in the top ten compared to the early days.. When the ownership was trying the best they could but did not have the money to field a decent team..

Every year we sat in the south stands after about game three telling each other wait till after next years draft.. It would be better but it wasn't because those teams we were playing just got better than we did out of the draft..

We never had a Hank Stram or Madden nor even Al Davis coaching our team, the best we had was Lou Saban and frankly he was not that great.. He had done well in BUF when he had talent to work with..

I did that for 17 years before being moved out of state for work.. Never leaving early in games even though we were being blown out and it was cold as crap..

SO please do not talk to me about not being a die hard..

But I did learn from all that it is just a game.. not life or death..

and while I like watching other teams and have a few I root for GB, Eagles being a few of them it is just entertainment and a game.. nothing more ..

Some day you kiddies will get it..

lonestar
09-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Blame the NFL or blame the old refs. Blame your mother, it won't matter.

I love how lonestar first implies that the refs are not affecting games at all, then backtracks and says no they are but it will all even out in te end. Dumb. But he is from Texas, the proprietor of dumb for half of the country.

Also, the point isn't JUST that the refs are affecting the games (which they are), it's that they are making the games unwatchable. An HOUR long first quarter for us last week? Games routinely having 25+ penalties? How can you admit to not watching any of the games and then in the same breath claim that it's not a big deal unless you wear a little yellow helmet and child harness all day?

actually moron I'm Colorado born and raised.. sat in the south stands for close to a decade before I moved to the upper end zone north side

While mistakes have been made no one has died from them.. and as a general rule they even out.. Except in NBA where there is no doubt the refs hated my old Nuggets.. Late 70's

If you go to any other message board they are bitching about bad plays called on their teams.. and they bitched before the current refs were on the field.. Maybe not as much but they were bitching then also..

Unless the refs fold in their demands I still doubt that the owners will..

houghtam
09-25-2012, 03:02 PM
actually moron I'm Colorado born and raised.. sat in the south stands for close to a decade before I moved to the upper end zone north side

While mistakes have been made no one has died from them.. and as a general rule they even out.. Except in NBA where there is no doubt the refs hated my old Nuggets.. Late 70's

If you go to any other message board they are b****ing about bad plays called on their teams.. and they b****ed before the current refs were on the field.. Maybe not as much but they were b****ing then also..

Unless the refs fold in their demands I still doubt that the owners will..

So in 4 pages (and approximately 12 hours), your opinion has gone from "there's no problem with the refs" to "there are problems with the refs but it will all even out in the end" to "it doesn't matter anyway because football isn't important".

And I'm the moron?

Is whether someone dies really the red line in your argument? Is that how you would run your business? I hope you were being facetious.

I'd hope you would have more respect for yourself and the product a business produces than to look out and see what we've seen over the past three weeks and come up with the conclusion(s) you have.

ol#7
09-25-2012, 03:30 PM
Come on, man.

In what world does putting one arm in between the ball and the player's chest...WHILE LAYING UNDERNEATH HIM...while the player cradles the ball against his chest with two arms?

I believe the answer to your question is 'Parrish Cox'.

The 'catch' occurred when they both went up, not lying on the ground. You cant say that Tate couldn't have posessed the ball with his left hand at the same time Jennings tries to pull it in because no angle shows that.

Looks like an INT to me.

Buuuuut, just trying to see how that call could get made. Only explanation for it. Of course I dont see how the ref that ruled TD had an angle to see Tate's left hand to establish any basis for that argument either.

lonestar
09-25-2012, 03:46 PM
So in 4 pages (and approximately 12 hours), your opinion has gone from "there's no problem with the refs" to "there are problems with the refs but it will all even out in the end" to "it doesn't matter anyway because football isn't important".

And I'm the moron?

Is whether someone dies really the red line in your argument? Is that how you would run your business? I hope you were being facetious.

I'd hope you would have more respect for yourself and the product a business produces than to look out and see what we've seen over the past three weeks and come up with the conclusion(s) you have.

Not sure what your bitch is about..

I have really not changed my position all that much and frankly show me someone that has not changed their thoughts on plays ..

I said last night I had not seen the play, as I had more important things going on in my life than watching a game out of conference.
After seeing it several times on a review on TV I changed my stance to While mistakes have been made no one has died from them..

I have always maintained that "and as a general rule they even out".

I case you did not understand some of my stances on the NFL.. IT is a GAME.. No ones life is the line if someone loses a game.. It is not like when the Romans played games with Christians and lions....

You are rapidly approaching the IGGY list as you posts are much like they are in the political area. stupid.. I think your biggest compliant about me is I do not like unions for the most part in today's society..

If that is why your going after me to ****ing bad..

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Lonestar makes my head hurt. With stupidity.

We all know it isn't life or death. Nobody is claiming otherwise. But it is pretty ****ing absurd to know that the league flat out doesn't give a **** whether or not the product on the field is professional football or professional wrestling. It bothers me that these refs could easily be bought and paid for with a small sum -- say, $50k -- that wouldn't buy a prop bet with the regular refs.

It bothers me that the dirtiest player in the league brags about what he can get away with, brags that the officials won't call illegal contact. Bothers me that the refs don't enforce or even seem to know the rules.

See, life is sometimes hard and stressful. It's nice to have that oasis of football to let us relax with a few buds and a few cold ones on a Sunday. I like football because it ISN'T fake, it ISN'T artificial. I spend half the year waiting for football to come back, as I'm sure you do, and when it does, we get this poorly officiated bull****.

"HURRDUHNURR It's not life or death." Well, no ****. But it IS supposed to be an escape. And as long as the cloud of step-refs sits over the game, it's not the same thing.

I won't watch any games but the Broncos this year until this is resolved. I'd say there are a lot like me.

Pontius Pirate
09-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Here's the irony - by the time they settle this thing, the replacement refs will probably have improved (maybe to the point of being tolerable) and then the real guys will come in and be jumping in cold and the first couple weeks people will be bitching again and saying things like "are you kidding me Hoculi? Bring back the replacements!"

Just watch

houghtam
09-25-2012, 04:04 PM
Not sure what your b**** is about..

I have really not changed my position all that much and frankly show me someone that has not changed their thoughts on plays ..

I said last night I had not seen the play, as I had more important things going on in my life than watching a game out of conference.
After seeing it several times on a review on TV I changed my stance to While mistakes have been made no one has died from them..

I have always maintained that "and as a general rule they even out".

I case you did not understand some of my stances on the NFL.. IT is a GAME.. No ones life is the line if someone loses a game.. It is not like when the Romans played games with Christians and lions....

You are rapidly approaching the IGGY list as you posts are much like they are in the political area. stupid.. I think your biggest compliant about me is I do not like unions for the most part in today's society..

If that is why your going after me to ****ing bad..

Not sure? Let me spell it out for you.

You come into a thread about replacement refs.

Your first post in said thread was complaining about someone whining about the refs.

You had four posts on the first freaking page whining about other people's whining...on a topic that you claim isn't a big deal to you.

Then you stake out a dumb position ("I didn't watch the game but I'm going to comment on it anyhow"), change it to a different dumb position ("it will all even out, even though that's not really the point, and that the games are excruciating to watch, not that I'd know because I only watch the Broncos"), and then double down with not only a dumb position, but one that hasn't been backed up by your actions and words in this thread ("it's not a big deal anyway because football's not important...even though now that I'm making this statement after everything else I've said, I look pretty dumb").

So if you're not sure what my bitch is about your purpose in this thread...that's it. Right ****ing there.

And go ahead and put me on ignore. BFD, I've got 30 people on ignore and I'm sure they don't give a **** about it either.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-25-2012, 04:06 PM
Here's the irony - by the time they settle this thing, the replacement refs will probably have improved (maybe to the point of being tolerable) and then the real guys will come in and be jumping in cold and the first couple weeks people will be b****ing again and saying things like "are you kidding me Hoculi? Bring back the replacements!"

Just watch

Considering the fact that they actually seem to be getting worse, the idea that you put forth seems highly unlikely.

We're seeing 4-5 times PER GAME with the Step-Refs what we were seeing 4-5 times PER SEASON with the real refs.

lonestar
09-25-2012, 04:09 PM
Lonestar makes my head hurt. With stupidity.

We all know it isn't life or death. Nobody is claiming otherwise. But it is pretty ****ing absurd to know that the league flat out doesn't give a **** whether or not the product on the field is professional football or professional wrestling. It bothers me that these refs could easily be bought and paid for with a small sum -- say, $50k -- that wouldn't buy a prop bet with the regular refs.

It bothers me that the dirtiest player in the league brags about what he can get away with, brags that the officials won't call illegal contact. Bothers me that the refs don't enforce or even seem to know the rules.

See, life is sometimes hard and stressful. It's nice to have that oasis of football to let us relax with a few buds and a few cold ones on a Sunday. I like football because it ISN'T fake, it ISN'T artificial. I spend half the year waiting for football to come back, as I'm sure you do, and when it does, we get this poorly officiated bull****.

"HURRDUHNURR It's not life or death." Well, no ****. But it IS supposed to be an escape. And as long as the cloud of step-refs sits over the game, it's not the same thing.

I won't watch any games but the Broncos this year until this is resolved. I'd say there are a lot like me.

Well glad I can help..

Once again do you think OUR players are not taking advantage of the refs reluctance to make calls. I believe I heard that our coaching staff was teaching them up about it.. and until they call it take advantage of it..

IF I misunderstood that comment about our coaches then why the hell are they not doing it..

As for accepting bribes the real refs were caught at that also IIRC or was that just the NBA..

You forget that after this gig they will be evaluated for a permanent position because there is always turnover in that area in the NFL.. Plus getting recommendations for future jobs I doubt seriously they would jeopardize something like that..

Plus I have not seen that many calls that would sway a game.. But then Lately I'm not watching every game like I used to.. Have more important things in my life than that..

It would not take long for the NFL or for that matter the crooks in Vegas to get wind of it.. if one house there has someone in their pocket they are not going to share that info, but the others will make sure it does not continue..

Rohirrim
09-26-2012, 04:52 AM
Can you imagine going into the playoffs with these refs?

BroncoBeavis
09-26-2012, 06:02 AM
Can you imagine going into the playoffs with these refs?

Could go either way. Decker could've totally bagged that same catch.

TonyR
09-26-2012, 06:50 AM
Get used to it. If the owners are willing to lock out the players, the actual product they're selling, they're certainly going to be willing to lock out the refs for as long as it takes.

Also, while the situation isn't good, it's also not as bad as many/most are making it out to be. A classic case of mob mentality, among several other cognitive biases, at work here.

Smiling Assassin27
09-26-2012, 09:07 AM
Possibly good news:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
As @mortreport is reporting, an agreement between NFL and NFLRA is at hand and both sides will work to have officials working this weekend.

TonyR
09-26-2012, 09:30 AM
Possibly good news:

LOL I reverse jinxed it with my post above!