PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Ryan Harris gives up entire Denver Offensive plan/playbook to Texans

crush17
09-24-2012, 02:26 PM
Listening to Alfred Williams on 104.3

He said he was talking to some of the Texans coaching staff before the game started and they told him Ryan Harris came into the defensive meeting room during the week before the game and completely detailed our entire offense to the defensive staff. Peyton's checks, run calls, pass calls, etc.

Said the level of detail he was able to provide them was unbelievable.

So, this may or may not have been affective, but based on our offensive struggles (run game, etc) it sure does seem to have had an impact.

Sigh....nothing new here, it is to be expected. But, dang.

TerrElway
09-24-2012, 02:27 PM
Big Al just said Ryan Harris, released very late in camp by the broncos went into the Houston D team room and gave them the most detailed report they had ever had on a team's offense that they had ever seen.

He had all the checks, all the audibles, what they liked to do in certain situations, hot reads, everything from his time in training camp.

Nothing wrong with what he did. But maybe that's why the Texans D looked like they were in the Denver playbook all day...because they were!

crush17
09-24-2012, 02:27 PM
dang, jinx!

TerrElway
09-24-2012, 02:28 PM
Started a similar thread - can we merge them?

rbackfactory80
09-24-2012, 02:28 PM
I made a comment in the game thread about them knowing what we were running.

Hard to believe they wouldn't have protected against this sort of thing but he probably gave them some nice pointers.

TerrElway
09-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Guess we know who's online right now! :)

Jekyll15Hyde
According to The Drive on 104.3 right now.

Ryan Harris gave our entire route tree, tendencies, what Manning likes, etc to Houston in the defensive meetings. This obviously happens all the time for various teams but the detail that Harris had was higher than the norm...

Alfred said a Houston D coach told him this during pre-game.

rbackfactory80
Said this yesterday in the game room. They were two steps ahead of our offense.

Kaylore
09-24-2012, 02:30 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cr-nJ0GrXfI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MagicHef
09-24-2012, 02:31 PM
What kind of coach would tell this to a radio host?

Al Wilson
09-24-2012, 02:33 PM
This happens everywhere in the league.

bronco militia
lmao at this notion.....

FYI, peyton changes his hand signals every week.

Garcia Bronco
Good...that's means if we see these bitches again...they won't have that to lean on. I actually feel better about it now.

crush17
Alfred is more than a radio host in this situation.
He was on the Broncos team when we won Super Bowls with a ton of the staff who work for the Texans were Broncos as well.

crush17
09-24-2012, 02:35 PM
lmao at this notion.....

Hand signals are just a part of it broseph.

Tendencies, preferences, weaknesses amongst players (esp. oline, which was repeatedly DOGGED on EVERY run play btw)... it all adds up

That D was all over us for 3 quarters. we gained ONE yard in the 3rd quarter.

Rascal
09-24-2012, 02:35 PM
I doubt some our players are smart enough to change signals weekly, militia. ;)

Rascal
09-24-2012, 02:36 PM

Tendencies, preferences, weaknesses amongst players (esp. oline, which was repeatedly DOGGED on EVERY run play btw)... it all adds up

Could be because they are better than we are.

2KBack
09-24-2012, 02:37 PM
lmao at this notion.....

I highly doubt that is happening just yet...and if it is, that likely causes some confusion

Rabb
09-24-2012, 02:40 PM
I doubt anyone could ever predict our first down, run up the middle strategy. Cheaters!!!

Conklin
09-24-2012, 02:41 PM
Just heard big al say that Ryan Harris gave them all our signals

menonite
09-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Was Harris playing for the Falcons last week?

Rabb
09-24-2012, 02:44 PM
Was Harris playing for the Falcons last week?

No, but the refs were

badump, bump

swaiy
09-24-2012, 02:45 PM
How come no one else is talking about it? I think theyre just a better team.

Also, does McGahee always line up like that next to Manning in the shotgun when its a run? They knew when it was a run everybsingle time. Even the commentator noted how they werent even playing the pass in that very same formation.

The Joker
09-24-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm just stunned he stayed healthy long enough to give them that much detail.

fdf
09-24-2012, 02:50 PM
I made a comment in the game thread about them knowing what we were running.

Well, that wasn't too hard. If it was first or second down . . .

Eldorado
09-24-2012, 02:52 PM

Try 43. Not that it matters, your point is still served.

Pontius Pirate
09-24-2012, 02:52 PM
Ryan Harris was on an MTV show back in the day called "True Life: I Want a Perfect Body"

http://www.thecitrusreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/RADIOHEAD-creep.jpg

crush17
09-24-2012, 02:54 PM
Try 43. Not that it matters, your point is still served.

Correction - 1 yard in 10 minutes of the 3rd quarter.

:)

LittleFloyd
09-24-2012, 02:59 PM
What kind of coach would tell this to a radio host?

Well let's see, Al played at CU. Texans secondary coach Vance Joseph played at CU. Let me guess it was Al's friend Vance.

bpc
09-24-2012, 03:15 PM
Ryan Harris has a bad back because of how many times he got butt humped in a Broncos uniform on the field. Good going you POS.

Lestat
09-24-2012, 03:17 PM
it's not like this type of thing isn't done in the NFL anyways. the Pats do it all the time with waived players. they bring em in a week or two before the game and get info from them.

bottom line is, we played like crap in the first half and didn't really wake up til late in the game. just like against the Falcons.

Boobs McGee
09-24-2012, 03:39 PM
I know this happens all the time, but to what extent? That seems like a pretty damn big competitive advantage if a player goes into EVERY minute detail.

bronco militia
09-24-2012, 03:48 PM
I highly doubt that is happening just yet...and if it is, that likely causes some confusion

Phill simms was talking about during the broadcast

Tombstone RJ
09-24-2012, 03:49 PM
This certainly makes sense. The Broncos offense simply could not execute the game plan. They looked like they were in slowmotion.

WolfpackGuy
09-24-2012, 03:49 PM
First, McClueless in the NE playoff game, now Ryan Harris?

Wake the fug up, coaching staff!

maher_tyler
09-24-2012, 03:51 PM

Also, does McGahee always line up like that next to Manning in the shotgun when its a run? They knew when it was a run everybsingle time. Even the commentator noted how they werent even playing the pass in that very same formation.

Both.

orangeatheist
09-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Didn't we bring in a waived center from NE? If memory serves...We might be doing the same thing with that fella to get an edge over the Pats. Sure hope so!

bronco militia
09-24-2012, 03:53 PM
You guys are kind of being nieve about this. The guys on the nfl network have showed that peyton manning is running the same offense as he did in Indi. There's no way ryan harris gave the texans anything more than what their coaching staff already saw on film from the previous two games. You also figure in wade phillips success against peyton when he coached the chargers. And finally, the texans defense is really good.

Tombstone RJ
09-24-2012, 03:55 PM
No wonder JJ Watts looked a better version of methwolf. He was all like, knowing, and all. And powerful.

Rabb
09-24-2012, 03:58 PM
Soooooo...shouldn't the coaching staff notice and make adjustments?

Tombstone RJ
09-24-2012, 04:01 PM

Fox should have at least anticipated that Harris could inform the Texans of all the audibles, adjustments, snap count, etc.

extralife
09-24-2012, 04:03 PM
No wonder JJ Watts looked a better version of methwolf. He was all like, knowing, and all. And powerful.

it could just be because JJ Watt is one of the best linemen in the NFL.

WolfpackGuy
09-24-2012, 04:04 PM

It only took 3+ quarters...

Drek
09-24-2012, 04:06 PM
Not surprising. Rick Dennison was the OL coach for Harris' best years, I'm sure they had a very strong relationship. Harris is also a very bright guy by NFL player standards. He's as good an informant as you could hope for.

Underscores the kind of second level the FO needs to be thinking about here. Bringing a guy like Harris in when you don't have every expectation that he'll make the roster is a risk. Much like how continuing to act as if Mike McCoy is capable of running an elite NFL offense is naive. He's fine for a team that focuses on pounding the rock but he isn't going to develop Osweiler or create a Saints/Pats etc. level offense.

Tombstone RJ
09-24-2012, 04:09 PM
it could just be because JJ Watt is one of the best linemen in the NFL.

well, he is white.

Tim
09-24-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm sure it happens often buy In my opinion that's cheating and chicken ****

maher_tyler
09-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Fox should have at least anticipated that Harris could inform the Texans of all the audibles, adjustments, snap count, etc.

I'm guessing it helped. Can't change everything for one game. Although, i'm sure it has more to do with them being a better team.

menonite
09-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Call me crazy but isn't it much more likely that they just got beat by a really good defense?

I'm sure Harris could have given them some pointers but this was the third game of the season. I don't know it for a fact but i would be willing to bet that a lot of signals have changed since training camp. There have been two games to study the Manning led Broncos offense. And over ten years of Manning tape to look at. He was in the Texans division for a long, long time. They know him.

Isn't that a lot more likely that they are just better?

ozomulsion
09-24-2012, 04:38 PM
Wade Phillips knows how to beat Payton Manning. He did when he was with the Chargers, and nothing has changed. Period

I think Manning's record is now 2-7 against Wade's defenses.

menonite
09-24-2012, 04:47 PM
Wade Phillips knows how to beat Payton Manning. He did when he was with the Chargers, and nothing has changed. Period

I think Manning's record is now 2-7 against Wade's defenses.

I thought he was 5-5?

TheReverend
09-24-2012, 04:55 PM
Ryan Harris has a bad back because of how many times he got butt humped in a Broncos uniform on the field. Good going you POS.

Ha!

Wes Mantooth
09-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Alfred is more than a radio host in this situation.
He was on the Broncos team when we won Super Bowls with a ton of the staff who work for the Texans were Broncos as well.

wait what? Alfred Williams won superbowls for the Broncos?

theAPAOps5
09-24-2012, 05:59 PM
Joel Dreessen was on the radio last week with Mike Haynes and Scott Hastings telling them that he was definitely helping the team gameplan for Houston.

The only difference between Dreessen and Harris? Clearly Harris is better at remembering!

broncosteven
09-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Joel Dreessen was on the radio last week with Mike Haynes and Scott Hastings telling them that he was definitely helping the team gameplan for Houston.

The only difference between Dreessen and Harris? Clearly Harris is better at remembering!

Dressen: Schaub hates having to throw the ball far, he will never go deep especially from 60 yards away so I would not bother covering Johnson.

JDR: Cool beans! Want to chop some wood with this sharp axe dude?

dsmoot
09-24-2012, 06:26 PM
lmao at this notion.....

Its not about just the hand signals, its about tendencies, weaknesses, strengths, Mannings likes/dislikes and an offense that even the Broncos themselves are not fully up to speed on. lmao all you want, it helps better than a scouting report.

errand
09-24-2012, 06:35 PM
I know this happens all the time, but to what extent? That seems like a pretty damn big competitive advantage if a player goes into EVERY minute detail.

Jon Gruden won a SB with the Bucs...Raiders were dominated by bucs D as he told them everything about Gannon...even played Gannon during practice.

nyuk nyuk
09-24-2012, 06:36 PM
And this is what McHoodie did to us last year...

errand
09-24-2012, 06:38 PM

Or perhaps the Texans don't have their playbooks on a ****ing Ipad that can be possibly downloaded onto a zip drive, etc?

nyuk nyuk
09-24-2012, 06:43 PM
I wanna hear a recording of this!!!

nyuk nyuk
09-24-2012, 06:45 PM
dmac1043 “@Shump9: @dmac1043 who told @BigAlRadio about Ryan Harris sharing Manning's secrets with the Texans D? Ryan Harris
about 1 hour ago reply retweet favorite

theAPAOps5
09-24-2012, 06:56 PM
Or perhaps the Texans don't have their playbooks on a ****ing Ipad that can be possibly downloaded onto a zip drive, etc?

LOL it's funny you think an iPad is the issue. I mean the old school books couldn't be scanned or copied. No only since the iPad have there been security leaks.

nyuk nyuk
09-24-2012, 06:57 PM
I would hope Dreessen gave us something about them.

pricejj
09-24-2012, 07:12 PM

Watt is better than Wolfe...more athletic, and overall a better player. Watt could be under consideration for DPOY...he's that good.

To put it in perspective, Watt has a 4.82 forty, a 6.88 three-cone, and a 37 inch vertical. He can also do the bench press 34 times. He was also productive in college...part of the reason for his #11 overall selection in the NFL draft.

Wolfe has a 5.01 forty, a 7.26 three-cone, a 33.5 inch vert, and can bench press 33 times...close to Watt, but just a cut under.

That being said, I expect a lot out of Wolfe.

elsid13
09-24-2012, 07:29 PM

If you remember the article they built in security to prevent the transfer of the files from one device to another along with cellular syncing to prevent theft. It is not MILSPEC or NSA Certified but I doubt the average football player is hacking into the device.

swaiy
09-24-2012, 07:30 PM
With 9 of their first round picks being defense since 2002, they better have a damn good defense.

Taco John
09-24-2012, 08:08 PM
I have it from a reliable source that none of this is true.

Nwp-Apap
09-24-2012, 09:13 PM

There's probably a certain phrase or gesture Peyton does when audibling into a shotgun run. Harris probably told them that.

UberBroncoMan
09-24-2012, 09:34 PM
IF TRUE. Harris a bit bitter about losing that RT job eh. In reality he should be sucking our dick for giving him a shot after Philly.

swaiy
09-24-2012, 09:38 PM
Hell I dont think any of this matters. In the illustrious words of Courtney Upshaw, we got "out-physicaled."

theAPAOps5
09-25-2012, 12:18 AM
I have it from a reliable source that none of this is true.

Seconded from another reliable source. Bad info being given

fontaine
09-25-2012, 01:53 AM
I don't care that the entire playbook was given on a silver platter to the Texans.

It still doesn't excuse blown coverages by our secondary and our OL getting mauled and physically man handled at the point of attack, or for that matter Decker/DT dropped catchable passes.

BowlenBall
09-25-2012, 03:01 AM
FACT: Ryan Harris is an extremely bright young man (read his twitter feed and compare it to Duck Ihenacho's, for example) who is definitely capable of storing large amounts of information in that big noggin of his.

FACT: The Broncos fired him just before the start of the season.

FACT: Harris is free to work with any other team that pays him.

FACT: Once Harris is paid by another team, he's morally obligated to do anything he can to help them win.

FACT: If Mike McCoy and the Broncos were too stupid to mix things up and change signals/protections/audibles/tendencies after cutting Harris, they got what they deserved.

Congratulations to the Texans, and shame on the Broncos.

Beantown Bronco
09-25-2012, 03:30 AM
There's probably a certain phrase or gesture Peyton does when audibling into a shotgun run. Harris probably told them that.

Any DC would learn this after watching film of one quarter of one game. We had already played two games, so they wouldn't need "inside info."

2KBack
09-25-2012, 05:24 AM
wait what? Alfred Williams won superbowls for the Broncos?

Is this a serious question? Big Al was on the 1997 team

Vegas_Bronco
09-25-2012, 06:13 AM
19 mil dollar quarterback and you cant find a way to score more than 2-3 field goals in 3 quarters...that seems to be our problem.

Rock Chalk
09-25-2012, 08:05 AM
This is stupid.

2 blown coverages is why we lost. Not Ryan Harris giving the Texans our playbook.

2 blown coverages by the safety.

That's it.

Edit for grammatical error.

Taco John
09-25-2012, 08:08 AM
This is stupid.

2 blown coverages is why we lost. Not Ryan Harris giving the Texans our playbook.

2 blown coverages but the safety.

That's it.

Yep. That's about the size of it.

Dedhed
09-25-2012, 08:20 AM

The difference is Kubiak understanding that Dreesen has inside information and running the same plays through different formations and changing up tendencies.

McCoy/Fox clearly aren't savvy enough to understand that concept.

Beantown Bronco
09-25-2012, 08:45 AM
All this tells me is that Denver is STILL the only team to ever be accused or caught using inside info or otherwise "cheating" and still end up losing the game.

Wes Mantooth
09-25-2012, 08:50 AM
This is stupid.

That's it.

Edit for grammatical error.

no joke.

Dedhed
09-25-2012, 09:37 AM
This is stupid.

That's it.
Yeah, 0 yards of offense in the 3rd qtr had nothing to do with it.

Raider Bill
09-25-2012, 03:49 PM
That J T Watts swim move didn't come from knowing the playbook LOL.