PDA

View Full Version : Decker had a career day yesterday.

maven
09-24-2012, 11:33 AM
Decker finished with 8 catches(career high) and 136 yards(career high).

Now he just needs to get into the endzone.

:notworthy

Rabb
09-24-2012, 11:37 AM
He also had some epic mistakes and we lost, cool tho

dictionary
09-24-2012, 11:41 AM
Our offense needs more confidence. That was a confidence builder for Decker. I hope to see more.

rbackfactory80
09-24-2012, 11:47 AM
Decker blows. This has to be a troll thread.

DBroncos4life
09-24-2012, 11:49 AM
Our offense needs more confidence. That was a confidence builder for Decker. I hope to see more.

We need a guy to be a threat in the middle of the field to take pressure off of Decker and Thomas in the outside.

maven
09-24-2012, 11:50 AM
Decker blows. This has to be a troll thread.

Why you jelly?

http://www.homorazzi.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/eric-decker-shirtless.jpg

bronco militia
09-24-2012, 11:53 AM
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Arizona+Diamondbacks+v+Houston+Astros+gHrKj9JiNAll .jpg

razorwire77
09-24-2012, 12:08 PM
Stats are stats. Sometimes they don't tell the real picture of a game performance. Kyle Orton was once on pace to throw for 5,500 yards in McD's offense.

Decker had some key drops and that hook slide was inexcusable.

broncosteven
09-24-2012, 12:09 PM
He would have had a monster game if he didn't have all those drops

WolfpackGuy
09-24-2012, 12:12 PM
He cost himself 5 yards with that slide, and the Dreessen TD should've been his.

Heyneck
09-24-2012, 12:14 PM
Lost a lot a respect for that dude yesterday! Here is to him making up to the football gods next week!!!

P.S. Here is hoping for a crushing blindsided block on Run DMC!!!

Rabb
09-24-2012, 12:19 PM
The punt return decision was worse than the slide, IMO. Cost us time and valuable yards when we needed them the most.

Al Wilson
09-24-2012, 12:23 PM
He sucked. Career day or what not it was a horrible performance from his yesterday. I've never seen a reciever drop so many easy catches. And what the **** was that slide? Are you kidding me. This guy has worse hands than the claw Darius Watts

hookemhess
09-24-2012, 12:25 PM
The punt return decision was worse than the slide, IMO. Cost us time and valuable yards when we needed them the most.

I know... who knows what we could have done with 4 yards and 4 more seconds?

Rabb
09-24-2012, 12:27 PM

Cool. It was more like 10 yards had it been a touchback, and yes 4 seconds is enough for one more snap.

But hey, whatever you like.

DBroncos4life
09-24-2012, 12:34 PM

Ask the Jags.

maven
09-24-2012, 12:36 PM

Ha!

maven
09-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Ask the Jags.

And that situation has what to do with Denver?

There was no time left so Decker tried to make a play.

pricejj
09-24-2012, 12:52 PM

We could have run another 10 yard hook-and-ladder...and possibly crossed midfield, before fumbling, of course.

DBroncos4life
09-24-2012, 12:54 PM
And that situation has what to do with Denver?

There was no time left so Decker tried to make a play.

Other then down and distance dictates what plays you can and can't run...

ColoradoDarin
09-24-2012, 01:02 PM
http://images.neopets.com/template_images/chia_sliding.gif

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc347/wetpuppy_go/panda-slide.gif

wolf754life
09-24-2012, 01:29 PM
decker is a pussy, talent yes, guts no.

broncswin
09-24-2012, 01:32 PM
Even Vance took hit better than decker...wow just wow on that biatch slide!!

edog24
09-24-2012, 01:33 PM
So a career day involves several key drops and a slide to avoid a hit? Sounds like a quality player, let's extend his contract.

wolf754life
09-24-2012, 01:36 PM
So a career day involves several key drops and a slide to avoid a hit? Sounds like a quality player, let's extend his contract.

The Guy is SUPER overrated

Dr. Broncenstein
09-24-2012, 01:39 PM
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Arizona+Diamondbacks+v+Houston+Astros+gHrKj9JiNAll .jpg

I loled.

Eldorado
09-24-2012, 01:43 PM

Did he take a head shot early in that game? I was seriously proposing he must be concussed based solely on the terrible decisions he was making. And I agree.

Sideburn
09-24-2012, 01:44 PM
I loled.

Me too.

I've never wanted a player off of a team more than I want Mr. Stonehands McPusslide off this team. Totally gutless.

maher_tyler
09-24-2012, 01:44 PM
How did we end up with two WRs that can't catch the ball on a consistent basis?? Almost every game going on two years, Decker and DT drop at least one ball that should be an easy catch. Its annoying and you can tell PFM is getting annoyed as well.

lolcopter
09-24-2012, 01:46 PM

This.

And he's still a little bitch for sliding

lolcopter
09-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Me too.

I've never wanted a player off of a team more than I want Mr. Stonehands McPusslide off this team. Totally gutless.

lol +1

Dr. Broncenstein
Me too.

For some reason he doesn't bother me nearly as much as Moreno. F that guy.

ColoradoDarin
How did we end up with two WRs that can't catch the ball on a consistent basis?? Almost every game going on two years, Decker and DT drop at least one ball that should be an easy catch. Its annoying and you can tell PFM is getting annoyed as well.

We decided that we didn't need WRs in Fox/McCoy's offense and traded both Gaffney and Lloyd.

Edit: and we could sign Jabar today...

Rabb
Watching him come off the field after the punt return, he knew he ****ed up there...I don't see how anyone can defend it.

Sideburn
09-24-2012, 01:49 PM
I thought it was the awkward left handed non spiral that forced all the drops last year? Wait you mean that our receivers truly couldn't catch herpes from a Singapore hooker even with a herpe magnet on their dick? Shocked I tell you, shocked!

Sideburn
09-24-2012, 01:49 PM
For some reason he doesn't bother me nearly as much as Moreno. F that guy.
I pretty much assume that Moreno is off the team...hell he doesn't contribute anyways.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Watching him come off the field after the punt return, he knew he ****ed up there...I don't see how anyone can defend it.

Dude, at least he caught it and/or didn't slide into third base.

KO5K
09-24-2012, 01:58 PM
The guy is an embarrassment to the National Football League.

His thing coming out of college was catching the ball. He can't catch the ball for ****.

lolcopter
09-24-2012, 01:58 PM
Dude, at least he caught it and/or didn't slide into third base.

He shouldn't have even touched the ball on that one

Dr. Broncenstein
09-24-2012, 02:04 PM
He shouldn't have even touched the ball on that one

No argument here but we are talking about a professional reciever who struggles at times to catch a football. It could have been much worse.

cmhargrove
09-24-2012, 02:07 PM
I am a Decker supporter, and think he will continue to grow as this season progresses.

However, the slide was pretty embarassing on the day we were honoring Rod Smith. Rod chewed anyone out that gave themselves up of ran out of bounds without being forced out. I miss Rod.

razorwire77
09-24-2012, 02:21 PM
I am a Decker supporter, and think he will continue to grow as this season progresses.

However, the slide was pretty embarassing on the day we were honoring Rod Smith. Rod chewed anyone out that gave themselves up of ran out of bounds without being forced out. I miss Rod.

I even get the running out of bounds thing to a certain extent. If you're a 6'1" 195 pound WR, I understand why you don't want to lower your head and get blown up by a Patrick Willis for half a yard. This was an entirely different animal though. Minimum he gets 4 or 5 more yards and if a defender takes a bad angle or he breaks a tackle it could have gone for much more. It was the middle of the ****ing field for Christ's sake.

Rediculuz.

Sideburn
09-24-2012, 02:23 PM
I even get the running out of bounds thing to a certain extent. If you're a 6'1" 195 pound WR, I understand why you don't want to lower your head and get blown up by a Patrick Willis for half a yard. This was an entirely different animal though. Minimum he gets 4 or 5 more yards and if a defender takes a bad angle or he breaks a tackle it could have gone for much more. It was the middle of the ****ing field for Christ's sake.

Rediculuz.

The more I think about it, they should put a giant C on the front and back of his helmet. Good ole fashioned civil war branding a coward!

Play2win
09-24-2012, 02:35 PM
The only thing I could possibly think of was a quick call, everybody get up to the line of scrimmage real quick, catch the entire texans defense off guard and go for a big strike. Seems like something Peyton would try.

But, apparently it was just a super lame ass move. Maybe Decker was trying to show-up the lame-ass replacement refs...

McDman
09-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Rod would have been the perfect WR for Manning. Worked hard, never gave up, and ran perfect routes.

orinjkrush
09-24-2012, 05:17 PM
if i'm receivers coach, i make decker and dt practice wearing snow mittens. and they better damn well catch the balls too.

go_broncos
09-24-2012, 05:27 PM
Decker -- Another Mcd pick...

Agamemnon
09-24-2012, 05:54 PM
http://www.arthursclipart.org/toys/toyscol/slide1.gif

errand
09-24-2012, 06:00 PM

That was 4 games worth of catches last year.....

broncosteven
09-24-2012, 06:00 PM
Decker -- Another Mcd pick...

Glad I am not the only one who dispises all things mCd

errand
09-24-2012, 06:04 PM
Decker had some key drops and that hook slide was inexcusable.

Yeah he did....and wtf was up with the sliding? Does anyone know why he did that? Having said that I think we're going to see some improvement over the next few weeks as these guys start meshing together.....

Don Flamenco
09-24-2012, 06:06 PM
He sucked. Career day or what not it was a horrible performance from his yesterday. I've never seen a reciever drop so many easy catches. And what the **** was that slide? Are you kidding me. This guy has worse hands than the claw Darius Watts

LOL @ the claw! I member' him

errand
09-24-2012, 06:11 PM
No argument here but we are talking about a professional reciever who struggles at times to catch a football. It could have been much worse.

Exactly...I mean it's not like the passes bounced off his ****ing helmet....

And when he catches a TD next week these clowns will be back on the band wagon...well, some will...others are still just too butt hurt about who is throwing the passes to him to care if he does well....they'll only care if he doesn't so they can act vindicated.

errand
09-24-2012, 06:12 PM

Well, Decker is no Rod Smith...but then again, who is?:thumbsup:

errand
09-24-2012, 06:15 PM
This just in...Eric Decker has signed to endorse Whammo's slip and slide.....

ColoradoDarin
09-24-2012, 06:54 PM
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/yP4qdefD2To?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/yP4qdefD2To?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

nyuk nyuk
09-24-2012, 07:01 PM
Yeah he did....and wtf was up with the sliding? Does anyone know why he did that? Having said that I think we're going to see some improvement over the next few weeks as these guys start meshing together.....

^^ This. What in the hell was that about?

lolcopter
09-24-2012, 08:44 PM

And when he catches a TD next week these clowns will be back on the band wagon...well, some will...others are still just too butt hurt about who is throwing the passes to him to care if he does well....they'll only care if he doesn't so they can act vindicated.

Doesn't matter who is throwing the passes, decker still can't catch for **** and he's still a huge b****

Jay3
09-24-2012, 08:58 PM
http://i.imgur.com/wwIG0.jpg

lonestar
09-24-2012, 09:08 PM

Yes I was ranting about that when I saw it.. But face it that is not his day job..

not sure why he was back there.. to start with..

and Although he had a couple of drops he was not alone..

menonite
09-24-2012, 09:13 PM
Yes I was ranting about that when I saw it.. But face it that is not his day job..

not sure why he was back there.. to start with..

and Although he had a couple of drops he was not alone..

I think he was back there because Leonard is as slow as molasses going up hill in winter. End of the game. Desperation time. Stick somebody back there who has a shot at returning it for a big gain.

Bronco Yoda
09-24-2012, 11:01 PM
There's one positive about his catching (or lack thereof). It's better (barely) than his route running. I'm not impressed with his progress thus far. It's early in the season.

broncocalijohn
09-24-2012, 11:23 PM
Nothing bad to say about Stokely. Outside of a fade pass, you can count on Stokely.

ColoradoDarin
09-25-2012, 05:10 AM
I think he was back there because Leonard is as slow as molasses going up hill in winter. End of the game. Desperation time. Stick somebody back there who has a shot at returning it for a big gain.

We had an electric returner in Squid, but who needs that, so we cut him.

teknic
09-25-2012, 07:52 AM
So Decker pretty much confirmed that he's a bitch. No wonder he doesn't play in the slot (more ideal for his skillset than playing on the outside). He should be fighting for every yard he can get at all times. How does sliding save any time at all?

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21622540/broncos-wr-eric-decker-explains-why-he-took

Smiling Assassin27
09-25-2012, 08:22 AM
GSP sums it up nicely:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0x2HzpIHo-w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Smiling Assassin27
09-25-2012, 08:23 AM
So the issue comes down to whether Decker's a pu$$y or a brain dead amoeba with abs of steel. I vote for B. Either way, he was a liability.

Rabb
09-25-2012, 08:27 AM
That article makes me dislike what he did even more. I get that guys don't want to get hurt, but when you start playing with that in mind like that...come on.

ColoradoDarin
09-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Why are the pretty ones so dumb?

edog24
09-25-2012, 08:38 AM
That article makes me dislike what he did even more. I get that guys don't want to get hurt, but when you start playing with that in mind like that...come on.

That's probably the same reason he has the drops, he is afraid of taking a big hit so he is short arming all the catches.

razorwire77
09-25-2012, 10:12 AM
So Decker pretty much confirmed that he's a b****. No wonder he doesn't play in the slot (more ideal for his skillset than playing on the outside). He should be fighting for every yard he can get at all times. How does sliding save any time at all?

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21622540/broncos-wr-eric-decker-explains-why-he-took

Imagine the Twitter and ESPN outrage had this been a Brandon Lloyd, T.O. or Dez Bryant.

Time to get a legitimate # 2 WR who's willing to make the tough catch over the middle. Put Decker as a # 3 slot.

canadianbroncosfan
09-25-2012, 10:21 AM

He got in the endzone just fine, with the nice volley to Dressen.

lolcopter
09-25-2012, 10:26 AM
Nice to see that even Eric knows he is a giant pussy

DBroncos4life
09-25-2012, 10:28 AM
We need to dress more then 4 WRs.

Mountain Bronco
09-25-2012, 01:16 PM
A career day of drops and a lovely hook slide. What a bitch.

Heyneck
09-25-2012, 02:26 PM

Stop making it about Tebow... damn you are a defensive puss. The problem is that Decker is WR... for the majority of his life, and was supposed to have great hands coming out of college. Well, now that the excuse that "it was a left handed throw and that the ball is not getting to the correct spot", is out the window. Yo have to start manning up and held people accountable. He is a highly decorated college WR (some people thought he could go 1st round if it weren't for the injury) that keeps dropping passes right on the money! So keep acting like people that don't agree with you are Tebow supporters. That just show your IQ, or lack of thereof.

Decker has problems in the IQ football department and inconsistent hands. Could he get better? I hope... but right now... he is a 3 year vet. That screws up more than what he should with a "Franchise QB".

Br0nc0Buster
09-25-2012, 02:29 PM
Decker was confused, that is all.
Thought he was on the baseball diamond for a second

lolcopter
09-25-2012, 02:33 PM
Decker was confused, that is all.
Thought he was on the baseball diamond for a second

http://duckduckgrayduck.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/touchdownceltics.jpg

Tombstone RJ
09-25-2012, 02:36 PM
http://duckduckgrayduck.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/touchdownceltics.jpg

Ha!

Cito Pelon
09-25-2012, 02:44 PM
So Decker pretty much confirmed that he's a b****. No wonder he doesn't play in the slot (more ideal for his skillset than playing on the outside). He should be fighting for every yard he can get at all times. How does sliding save any time at all?

Huh. OK, I can see that somewhat, the only 4 WR's dressed thing and Willis with a hamstring.

lonestar
09-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Huh. OK, I can see that somewhat, the only 4 WR's dressed thing and Willis with a hamstring.

But but but but he is not a man..

most of these arm chair QB, on here would crap their pants the first time they caught a pass over the middle..

Would love to have them tell him to his face he is a wuss.. Talk about no balls that is when it would come out..

Real Tough talk on the internet girls....

Rabb
09-25-2012, 03:44 PM
But but but but he is not a man..

most of these arm chair QB, on here would crap their pants the first time they caught a pass over the middle..

Would love to have them tell him to his face he is a wuss.. Talk about no balls that is when it would come out..

Real Tough talk on the internet girls....

Hey, he can go onto his favorite engineering message board and talk **** about me if he wants to. That would make it fair, right?

lonestar
09-25-2012, 03:47 PM
Hey, he can go onto his favorite engineering message board and talk **** about me if he wants to. That would make it fair, right?

for the most part I doubt he gives a crap about you..

Rabb
09-25-2012, 03:48 PM
for the most part I doubt he gives a crap about you..

I would guarantee he doesn't. Cool that you missed my point though.

maven
09-30-2012, 07:19 PM
Eric Decker had a fine day today and was targeted highly by Manning.

79 yards and a TD. Also, a BS overturn call on a catch he clearly grabbed.

Just want to give props to a stud Denver WR.

theAPAOps5
09-30-2012, 07:22 PM
Decker definitely made up for his bad plays last week. He was called out for the slide by a lot of media. He definitely had toughness today.

lonestar
09-30-2012, 07:24 PM
Eric Decker had a fine day today and was targeted highly by Manning.

79 yards and a TD. Also, a BS overturn call on a catch he clearly grabbed.

Just want to give props to a stud Denver WR.

As many passes he has caught and targeted, I was stunned to hear it was his first TD pass from Manning..

razorwire77
09-30-2012, 07:26 PM
He had a solid day. Maybe starting Stokley was a little bit of a shot across the bow motivator?

Heyneck
09-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Solid!!! Made up for his terrible last game.

maven
09-30-2012, 07:42 PM
As many passes he has caught and targeted, I was stunned to hear it was his first TD pass from Manning..

He's been highly targeted in the red zone. Today it finally happened. Not surprised at all he hauled a TD today. Expect more in the future. He's a damn good player. Glad he's a Bronco.:thumbs:

maven
09-30-2012, 07:46 PM
Solid!!! Made up for his terrible last game.

Decker had a career day last game in receptions and yards. As Manning becomes more comfy being a Bronco I expect Decker to be the recipient and continue to produce.

lonestar
09-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Decker had a career day last game in receptions and yards. As Manning becomes more comfy being a Bronco I expect Decker to be the recipient and continue to produce.

I'm thinking that Manning is in Hog Heaven right about now with all those targets he has..

Especially those big tall fast guys something he never had in INDY..

Anyone remember seeing a better reception than that one hander in the beginning of the game by Tamme.. a damned fine catch to keep a drive going..

Agamemnon
09-30-2012, 10:56 PM
I'm thinking that Manning is in Hog Heaven right about now with all those targets he has..

Especially those big tall fast guys something he never had in INDY..

Anyone remember seeing a better reception than that one hander in the beginning of the game by Tamme.. a damned fine catch to keep a drive going..

I think he'll feel like he is in heaven when they stop dropping balls. Not too many drops today, so it's a start, but really their size and speed mean nothing unless they develop NFL-caliber hands.

lonestar
10-01-2012, 07:46 AM
I think he'll feel like he is in heaven when they stop dropping balls. Not too many drops today, so it's a start, but really their size and speed mean nothing unless they develop NFL-caliber hands.

You do realize that while there have been drops occasionally, the number of them is about or below average.

Rarely are Wrs perfect, even in Indy they dropped balls. Or his lifetime % would be higher.

And frankly after he has had more than five total games (that includes preseason) time together just maybe they will get used to having areal QB throwing to them. Opposed to Orton, tebow and weber that they have had as their career has developed. In DTs case at this point as a pro he has probably doubled the amount of passes thrown to him in college and that includes his sick time in the pros.

And I'll throw out just another tidbit. Working in yet another scheme, with real route trees is also adjustment time.

I'll say it again Manning has to be happy as a pig in crap having the big fast targets he has never had add to that what is starting to look like a real defense and good running game.