PDA

View Full Version : It's official: Fox and McCoy are the most conservative clowns in the League

Armchair Bronco
09-23-2012, 09:08 PM
It was bad enough last year when Fox & McCoy kept Tebow chained to the pocket and only let Tebow off the leash when the Broncos were down by 13 points with 5 minutes left in the game.

This year, they're doing a variation of this theme with Manning taking snaps. Fox is so conservative that they only time he'll ever go for it on 4th down is when it happens by accident during a No-Huddle offense.

McCoy is such a numbnut that today he called for running plays on the goal line when the clock was running out.

These two clowns are dumb and dumber! Thanks, Elway, for giving us the League's most inept and conservative head coaching staff.

Armchair Bronco
09-23-2012, 09:09 PM
If there was ever a time when I need a facepalm smiley, it's now!

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-23-2012, 09:10 PM
Wait. What do you think is happening?

rbackfactory80
09-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Dude, Houston's D was incredible, all game. I was so impressed with them. There was 0 separation from our wide outs and when they did get some they dropped the ball. Hats off to Houston. They are for real.

Gort
09-23-2012, 09:13 PM
It was bad enough last year when Fox & McCoy kept Tebow chained to the pocket and only let Tebow off the leash when the Broncos were down by 13 points with 5 minutes left in the game.

This year, they're doing a variation of this theme with Manning taking snaps. Fox is so conservative that they only time he'll ever go for it on 4th down is when it happens by accident during a No-Huddle offense.

McCoy is such a numbnut that today he called for running plays on the goal line when the clock was running out.

These two clowns are dumb and dumber! Thanks, Elway, for giving us the League's most inept and conservative head coaching staff.

didn't the Carolina fans warn us about this when Fox was hired and Orton was the starter? i seem to recall a couple of them telling us we'd regret his hiring because he was happy with boring and uncreative offenses in Carolina. run, run, throw it deep, punt.

NorCalBronco7
09-23-2012, 09:15 PM
The Broncos were one defensive stop from getting the ball back in Peytons hands with around 2 minutes left. As long as Ive seen Fox coach, hes been excellent at clock management and has consistently not shot himself in the foot.

Armchair Bronco
09-23-2012, 09:17 PM
Dude, Houston's D was incredible, all game. I was so impressed with them. There was 0 separation from our wide outs and when they did get some they dropped the ball. Hats off to Houston. They are for real.

Well, the question is: was the Houston D incredible in spite of the inept Broncos or because of the inept Broncos?

Two weeks running, we've just made 2 teams look like they're on the way to the Super Bowl.

Manning looks anemic, Willis is a non-factor, the D can't stop anything on 3rd and long, and our coaching staff makes one head-scratching move after another. Oh, and Elway is working really hard on his "I am really concerned with this team" face from the VIP Box.

Trust me, we'll be lucky to finish with a .500 record.

Lestat
09-23-2012, 09:18 PM
i'm more concerned with the sluggish starts. either drops,penalties or blown assignments and the drive stalls until we get way behind and then we finally start having a offensive brain.

the clock management isn't a huge issue if we can start off faster and more consistently.

R8R H8R
09-23-2012, 09:19 PM
You are absolutely correct, but beside the point for some people. It is way more fun to call for the heads of a coaching staff after a tough loss to a superior opponent.

NorCalBronco7
09-23-2012, 09:24 PM
Well, the question is: was the Houston D incredible in spite of the inept Broncos or because of the inept Broncos?

Two weeks running, we've just made 2 teams look like they're on the way to the Super Bowl.

Manning looks anemic, Willis is a non-factor, the D can't stop anything on 3rd and long, and our coaching staff makes one head-scratching move after another. Oh, and Elway is working really hard on his "I am really concerned with this team" face from the VIP Box.

Calm down chicken little. The Texas and Falcons are well equiped to reach the Superbowl.

R8R H8R
09-23-2012, 09:37 PM

Last year, they were a top 10 defense and this year they were #1 going into this week, so...

They just might be if they stay healthy. They are playing as we'll as anyone right now. Three teams are 3 and 0. They are two of them.

And what can Elway do at this point anyway? Please don't say: work the waiver wire.

I disagree, but .500 won the division last year. Just saying.

go_broncos
09-23-2012, 09:42 PM
ATL and HOU are not good teams..They played weaker teams..Just like people thought we beat good PIT team.

maher_tyler
09-23-2012, 09:45 PM
Last year, they were a top 10 defense and this year they were #1 going into this week, so...

They just might be if they stay healthy. They are playing as we'll as anyone right now. Three teams are 3 and 0. They are two of them.

And what can Elway do at this point anyway? Please don't say: work the waiver wire.

I would be much more comfortable going 9-7 minimum. I think 10-6 is a real possibility.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-23-2012, 09:48 PM
ATL and HOU are not good teams..They played weaker teams..Just like people thought we beat good PIT team.

You must be one miserable person.

NorCalBronco7
09-23-2012, 09:53 PM

You must live on the moon or think we're all talking about soccer.

RhymesayersDU
09-23-2012, 10:20 PM
I really hated the first and second down runs on our last TD drive. Wasted a ton of time.

R8R H8R
09-23-2012, 10:25 PM
You must live on the moon or think we're all talking about soccer.

No, he is just an idiot that loves to be miserable.

sgbfan
09-23-2012, 10:30 PM
I really hated the first and second down runs on our last TD drive. Wasted a ton of time.

I'm amazed at how dumb coaches are with clock management time and again.

RhymesayersDU
09-23-2012, 10:32 PM
I'm amazed at how dumb coaches are with clock management time and again.

Yeah. I mean I could live with the first down run, but after that time needs to be conserved AND we have Peyton ****ing Manning. No need to go hyper conservative. If it were Tebow back there, I'd understand. But let Manning throw the damn ball.

sgbfan
09-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Yeah. I mean I could live with the first down run, but after that time needs to be conserved AND we have Peyton ****ing Manning. No need to go hyper conservative. If it were Tebow back there, I'd understand. But let Manning throw the damn ball.

If its me, I pass 3 times, then consider running on 4th down if the other 3 don't work.

Broncoman13
09-23-2012, 10:36 PM
You can throw JDR in the mix as well. At least twice on third down plays he had Von dropping into coverage. Kind of like Rob Ryan dropping Ware into coverage... Just not smart.

Broncoman13
09-23-2012, 10:36 PM
Btw, both times that I noticed it today, third downs were converted.

BroncoMan4ever
09-23-2012, 11:27 PM
i'm more concerned with the sluggish starts. either drops,penalties or blown assignments and the drive stalls until we get way behind and then we finally start having a offensive brain.

the clock management isn't a huge issue if we can start off faster and more consistently.

The slow starts are something I am not worried about. As evidenced by our 4th quarter play and flashes through out the games show the potential and ability is there, but the rhythm and chemistry is still a work in progress.

NFLBRONCO
09-23-2012, 11:30 PM
Most worried about Manning getting pounded. We knew this year would have lots of ups and downs.

Garcia Bronco
09-24-2012, 12:09 AM
Those running plays with 4 minutes to go were stupid. It just bled thw clock dry.

And our fans... WTHeck do they not get about being quiet when the offense is on the field? Seriously...don't make a sound when the offense is on the field. Sit on your hands if you have to...

Taco John
09-24-2012, 12:12 AM
People are panicking for no reason at this point.

We have yet another new defensive coordinator in a long string of new defensive coordinators. Our defense has plenty of improving to do as they get used to the new scheme and learn to know and trust eachother in it. Our DC is still trying to figure out what he has, especially given the injuries and distraction he's been dealt (namely Ty Warren and DJ Williams).

Our offense is still getting sorted out after going from Cutler, to Orton, to Tebow, and now to Peyton. There are still problems that need to be fixed there, some of which can be worked out during the season, and some will have to be worked out in the offseason.

And Peyton Manning is still coming back from being a year off from football.

Finally, we play in the AFC West.

There's no reason to panic at this point. Both sides of the ball are installing fundamentally new schemes. Everyone is still learning at this point. Of course the coaches are being conservative. We're going to have a rough go of it to start out, but things will get better as the team works together.

http://i.imgur.com/sUlMm.gif

DENVERDUI55
09-24-2012, 05:43 AM

Who is a good team?

Broncojef
09-24-2012, 06:02 AM
Atlanta and Houston are great teams and will both be in the playoffs. The issue here isn't whether they are good or bad its the play calling and clock management. The play calling sucks, period. Run up the middle on first down, dink a pass over the line of scrimage on second down, throw to the outside on third, punt, repeat. Later in the game do we start moving the ball because Peyton is in hurry-up and calls his own plays? There is no sense of urgency until the end of the game. I lost my mind watching the runs while the clock was ticking at the end of the game, probably like everyone else. Please fire McCoy.

go_broncos
09-24-2012, 06:06 AM
Atlanta and Houston are great teams and will both be in the playoffs. The issue here isn't whether they are good or bad its the play calling and clock management. The play calling sucks, period. Run up the middle on first down, dink a pass over the line of scrimage on second down, throw to the outside on third, punt, repeat. Later in the game do we start moving the ball because Peyton is in hurry-up and calls his own plays? There is no sense of urgency until the end of the game. I lost my mind watching the runs while the clock was ticking at the end of the game, probably like everyone else. Please fire McCoy.

He will be if we dont reach playoffs.

Agamemnon
09-24-2012, 06:22 AM
I lost my mind watching the runs while the clock was ticking at the end of the game, probably like everyone else.

Incredibly, there are actually people defending that idiocy. Yet more proof that the OM is the internet version of an insane asylum...

go_broncos
09-24-2012, 06:50 AM
You know posters supported Mcd when he was our coach...
They keep saying how we were not true fans and are worried about
how we can hurt herself.

The below was posted by one "TRUE" fan:

--

Go away. Really, you must be a real miserable schmuck. I'm serious, go get help before you hurt yourself.
--

So,as per these so called true fans..when we point the flaws of this team, then they keep posting ****.
In fact, i seriously doubt the posters' IQ when they keep supporting coaches like Fox and Mcd.

TheReverend
09-24-2012, 07:11 AM
Though I'm not as foaming at the mouth angry as I was yesterday, I'm inclined to agree with the OP.

20 mill per year on Manning so he can go 2/8 for 0 yards in the 3rd quarter?

You can throw JDR in the mix as well. At least twice on third down plays he had Von dropping into coverage. Kind of like Rob Ryan dropping Ware into coverage... Just not smart.

Dude we spent #2 OVERALL on a ****ing OLB and NONE OF THEM can cover even poor TEs worth a ****.

How do you pass rush when there's a quick dump off valve over the middle or in the flat EVERY down?

LRtagger
09-24-2012, 07:19 AM

That's because McCoy doesnt call the plays in the 2-min drill.

socalorado
09-24-2012, 07:36 AM
Please fire McCoy.

THIS^

Gort
09-24-2012, 07:48 AM
Kiszla is all over it this morning...

Fox approved an offensive scheme that seemed to be as stubborn and stupid as banging the head of running back Willis McGahee against a brick wall

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_21616175/mark-kiszla-fan-from-mexico-sees-his-favorite

BroncoInferno
09-24-2012, 08:08 AM

We have yet another new defensive coordinator in a long string of new defensive coordinators. Our defense has plenty of improving to do as they get used to the new scheme and learn to know and trust eachother in it. Our DC is still trying to figure out what he has, especially given the injuries and distraction he's been dealt (namely Ty Warren and DJ Williams).

Our offense is still getting sorted out after going from Cutler, to Orton, to Tebow, and now to Peyton. There are still problems that need to be fixed there, some of which can be worked out during the season, and some will have to be worked out in the offseason.

There's no reason to panic at this point. Both sides of the ball are installing fundamentally new schemes. Everyone is still learning at this point. Of course the coaches are being conservative. We're going to have a rough go of it to start out, but things will get better as the team works together.

Agreed. The bolded, in particular, is why I'm not concerned at this point. We lost to two Super Bowl contenders. It happens. They get paid, too. The good news is that the AFC West is crap, so we haven't really lost any ground. A loss next week to Oakland will probably change my tune, but a win and all is well.

Dedhed
09-24-2012, 08:11 AM
What I find concerning is that the Texans defense played Peyton almost exactly like the Steelers played Tebow in the playoffs last year; crowding the line of scrimmage and daring Manning to throw the ball.

Beantown Bronco
09-24-2012, 08:17 AM
What I find concerning is that the Texans defense played Peyton almost exactly like the Steelers played Tebow in the playoffs last year; crowding the line of scrimmage and daring Manning to throw the ball.

If it makes you feel any better, you could choose to look at it like I do:

They weren't daring Manning to throw the ball. They were daring our wide receivers to make the catch.

TonyR
09-24-2012, 08:30 AM
ATL and HOU are not good teams..

LOL Why do you even bother?

TheReverend
09-24-2012, 08:37 AM
LOL Why do you even bother?

They're 2 of the only 3 undefeated teams left in the league lol

bronco militia
09-24-2012, 08:43 AM

they are both good teams. IMO, there are no great teams yet for 2012

TheReverend
09-24-2012, 08:48 AM
they are both good teams. IMO, there are no great teams yet for 2012

http://a.abcnews.com//images/Sports/bdf405c8f12447e3a98cdf757631462f_mn.jpg

bronco militia
09-24-2012, 08:52 AM

yes they are playing well, but It will cold day in hell the day I say the Arizona Cardinals are a great team.

Ha!

TheReverend
09-24-2012, 08:54 AM
yes they are playing well, but It will cold day in hell the day I say the Arizona Cardinals are a great team.

Ha!

Vengeance for being snubbed by Manning

TonyR
09-24-2012, 08:57 AM

Defense looks terrific, but I'm not 100% sold on their offense.

bronco militia
09-24-2012, 09:00 AM

yeah, their OL will probably cost them another QB some time this year.

TheReverend
09-24-2012, 09:00 AM

It's almost like they drafted someone who gave them the flexibility to attack gaps and blitz the QB while maintaining solid coverage on the outside.

Whowoodathunkit?!

RE offense: Ryan Williams looks terrific now that he's healthy (bone headed fumble aside last week) and this past off-season may have been the kick in the ass Kolb needed. His job isn't hard... throw it up for Larry in single safety, Floyd otherwise.

ColoradoDarin
09-24-2012, 09:08 AM

I picked up their D in fantasy this week, and the 21 points saved my bacon after all 3 of my RBs went down with injuries.

TheReverend
09-24-2012, 09:12 AM
I picked up their D in fantasy this week, and the 21 points saved my bacon after all 3 of my RBs went down with injuries.

Carried by Megatron and Fitz, over here.

Mouth
09-24-2012, 09:14 AM

It's because our WR's are terrible against man to man coverage, and our OL can't pass-block for ****. If 6 O guys can't block 4 D guys for 5 seconds, the QB isn't the biggest concern. I could count maybe 5 times a WR got really open all game. All the other ones were maybe half a step or 1 step. Peyton was having to throw tight passes the entire game. I don't mean a little tight, I mean really tight passes. You could see how frustrated he was when the last TD pass bounced off of Decker's hands and we got the lucky bounce for the score. That last TD pass was a thing of beauty. Peyton put it right on Decker's hands in between 3 defenders and he just stone-handed it.

Remember EZ Eddy Mac? He was slow as balls, but he didn't drop a pass that hit his hands. We have a bunch of speed guys that have bad hands.

2KBack
09-24-2012, 09:24 AM
5 seconds? Are you kidding me? You don't get 5 seconds in the Pros

ScottXray
09-24-2012, 09:29 AM

I have to agree with most of this. We played two REALLY good teams , and I wouldn't be surprised to see either or both of them make the SB.

McCoy is a great, innovative and knowledgeable Offensive coach. But he has the mindset, and speed of decision of a turtle. He just has no concept of FLOW,
and ebb of a game and constantly tries to put square pegs in round holes. He should be gone ASAP.

As to Houston...has anyone checked to see if DJ still has his I-pad with the play book?

Houstons Defense was incredible.....or they knew every play we were running...in most cases better then our own players. I have never seen a team so dominant against the run and so able to control the LOS with just 4 linemen

edog24
09-24-2012, 09:39 AM
I have to agree with most of this. We played two REALLY good teams , and I wouldn't be surprised to see either or both of them make the SB.

McCoy is a great, innovative and knowledgeable Offensive coach. But he has the mindset, and speed of decision of a turtle. He just has no concept of FLOW,
and ebb of a agme and constantl;y tries to put square pegs in round holes.

As to Houston...has anyone checked to see if DJ still has his I-pad with the play book?

Houstons Defense was incredible.....or they knew every play we were running...in most cases better then our own players. I have never seen a team so dominant against the run and so able to control the LOS with just 4 linemen

Legitimate question here, not trying to troll, for the bolded part why do people think this about McCoy? I don't know his background and his past seems to give him a lot of credibility with a lot of posters on here.

mwill07
09-24-2012, 09:40 AM
IMO the difference in the game (when Broncos have the ball) was JJ Watt and the guy he seemed to be beating like a drum was Ramirez. Get Kuper back in there and things might be a little different.

look folks - in the pre-season, we all knew a couple of things:

1. Peyton might be a little rusty, coming off of a whole year away from the game, and possibly decreased arm-strength related to the nerve regeneration.

2. This team is going in a new direction vs last year on both sides of the ball - new DC in JDR, new offense w/ Manning.

3. We have a serious lack of depth, specifically along the lines. Any injuries to any line-men and we would be in trouble. Missing Kuper and Warren hurts.

4. The schedule, especially early on, is brutal. Let's not forget - houston had the best record in the AFC last year until Schaub went down - they were 10-3 at one point. Atlanta is awesome at home too - tough call to see them in their home opener on Monday night.

We all knew this going in, and should have expected some bumps along the road. None of this has changed. Things will lighten up though.

Looking ahead at the schedule, some of the really tough games are looking to be not so bad - SD isn't looking very good at all right now. NO is definitely beatable. Carolina is showing that they haven't quite made that next step. Really, there are only two games left on the schedule that really scare me: @NE and @ Bal, @ CIN could be challenging as well.

Butterscotch Stallion
09-24-2012, 09:44 AM
Incredibly, there are actually people defending that idiocy. Yet more proof that the OM is the internet version of an insane asylum...

They called those plays because Tebow can't throw a pass. You just wait until manning is here. This offense will light it up!

Mouth
09-24-2012, 09:47 AM
5 seconds? Are you kidding me? You don't get 5 seconds in the Pros

I'll give you not 5 seconds. My point is that I saw a number of times manning dropping back and then having to run for his life before he could look to his second target, and that was against a 4 man rush. I have consistently watched other teams front 4 get pressure that our front 4 cannot. The only time we got to Schaub that wasn't a blitz was Doom's safety, and I had just turned the game on so I'm not sure if that was a blitz or not.

TheReverend
09-24-2012, 09:51 AM
I'll give you not 5 seconds. My point is that I saw a number of times manning dropping back and then having to run for his life before he could look to his second target, and that was against a 4 man rush. I have consistently watched other teams front 4 get pressure that our front 4 cannot. The only time we got to Schaub that wasn't a blitz was Doom's safety, and I had just turned the game on so I'm not sure if that was a blitz or not.

Pass rush isn't worth a **** when there's free releases to dump it to all over the ****ing field.

2KBack
09-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Pass rush isn't worth a **** when there's free releases to dump it to all over the ****ing field.

yeah, our rush has been way too easily neutralized by the short game.

Rother8
09-24-2012, 10:48 AM
WTF is with playaction fakes on 3rd and 80s????

ColoradoDarin
09-24-2012, 11:11 AM
WTF is with playaction fakes on 3rd and 80s????

We used to do that with Orton too. Hey, we're down by 30 with 8 minutes to go, let's see if they fall for play action?

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-24-2012, 11:15 AM
Lost in all this is that first redzone failure. 5-0 should've been 9-0. Seems the redzone is inconsistent. Also, they should think about deferring at the start of the game. They come out flat on all first series. Better to get the ball in the 2nd half when they wake up

DENVERDUI55
09-24-2012, 11:18 AM
It's almost like they drafted someone who gave them the flexibility to attack gaps and blitz the QB while maintaining solid coverage on the outside.

Whowoodathunkit?!

RE offense: Ryan Williams looks terrific now that he's healthy (bone headed fumble aside last week) and this past off-season may have been the kick in the ass Kolb needed. His job isn't hard... throw it up for Larry in single safety, Floyd otherwise.

Sure helps when you have Dockett and Campbell (who is unblockable right now) on the DL so you can get pressure with 4 and not blitz. Rhodes is playing at a high level this year too. It's a hell of a lot more than your boy. They have done what Denver has failed to do draft DL high over the years. In fact is their a good D in the NFL that was built differently?

Bacchus
09-24-2012, 11:30 AM

HAHA Teboner fan is alive and well.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3t7myokvI1r69h1vo1_500.gif

Popps
09-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Wow, it took 3 weeks for the "fire the whole staff" thread to show up, eh? lol! Gotta love this place.

TheReverend
09-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Sure helps when you have Dockett and Campbell (who is unblockable right now) on the DL so you can get pressure with 4 and not blitz. Rhodes is playing at a high level this year too. It's a bell of a lot more than your boy.

You realize that Dockett is in his 9th season and Calais in his 5th and that they're career Cardinals and have been unblockable for years, right? What they're doing now is hardly anything new (and Dockett happens to be on pace for his worst statistical season ever).

You should man up and give credit where it's due, but then again you don't understand the game anyway, so it'd be meaningless.

DENVERDUI55
09-24-2012, 04:05 PM
You realize that Dockett is in his 9th season and Calais in his 5th and that they're career Cardinals and have been unblockable for years, right? What they're doing now is hardly anything new (and Dockett happens to be on pace for his worst statistical season ever).

You should man up and give credit where it's due, but then again you don't understand the game anyway, so it'd be meaningless.

Don't let your arrogance get in the way of your homerism and stupidity. Show us all a Defense that is great without investing high draft picks in the front 7. Shanny showed us how to built from secondary in.

TheReverend
09-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Don't let your arrogance get in the way of your homerism and stupidity. Show us all a Defense that is great without investing high draft picks in the front 7. Shanny showed us how to built from secondary in.

Another "quality" post. In the past decade they've drafted 6 front seven players in the first two rounds, only 3 are still with the team (Campbell, Williams and Washington).

DENVERDUI55
09-24-2012, 04:43 PM
Another "quality" post. In the past decade they've drafted 6 front seven players in the first two rounds, only 3 are still with the team (Campbell, Williams and Washington).

Why only the first 2 rounds? Oh because it's cherrypicked for your arrogant ass argument. 10 guys in the first 3 rounds. They couldn't afford all of them thus letting likes of Dansby, Pace go. Their D has been good for awhile not just this year. Then again your so blind to your own ego you were arguing that Mays was just shuffling and not covering the Steelers RB looking off of a picture. I never said PP wasn't a part of the defense but you act like that is why they are so good. Rhodes has been the playmaker of that D so far this year.

TheReverend
09-24-2012, 05:27 PM
Why only the first 2 rounds? Oh because it's cherrypicked for your arrogant ass argument. 10 guys in the first 3 rounds. They couldn't afford all of them thus letting likes of Dansby, Pace go. Their D has been good for awhile not just this year. Then again your so blind to your own ego you were arguing that Mays was just shuffling and not covering the Steelers RB looking off of a picture. I never said PP wasn't a part of the defense but you act like that is why they are so good. Rhodes has been the playmaker of that D so far this year.

lol since this has gone well over your head:

For perspective, Denver has drafted more than AZ has.

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

PS. Boy I wonder what enabled Rhodes to play the ball instead of his man and make those plays you mentioned.... Ha!

vbplaya
09-24-2012, 05:46 PM

Coming in late on this conversation but great post ...

I'd also add that our defense isn't helping out ... we've played 3 teams and they are averaging 50% on 3rd down conversions. What amazes me is that it almost seems like there is no 3rd and long yardage that we can defend.

Both sides of the ball need to step it up. But from what I remember ... the Broncos statistically have the most difficult schedule (based on last years records of opponents). Is it any surprise that a new QB and the team are starting out a little slow against strong teams? Everyone on here seems so dramatic ... JChrist ... chill a little and give them a chance to gel. The first 3 teams we faced had double digit wins last season ... it shouldn't be too surprising that they might beat us while we are still transitioning ...

Pump the brakes ...

DENVERDUI55
09-24-2012, 06:21 PM
lol since this has gone well over your head:

For perspective, Denver has drafted more than AZ has.

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:
Lets see your proof professor how many front 7 has Denver drafted in first three rounds in past 10 years.

PS. Boy I wonder what enabled Rhodes to play the ball instead of his man and make those plays you mentioned.... Ha!

Who said all the plays were vs the pass? If you actually watched the games instead of just wacking off over Peterson you would know.

TheReverend
09-24-2012, 06:29 PM
Lets see your proof professor how many front 7 has Denver drafted in first three rounds in past 10 years.

Who said all the plays were vs the pass? If you actually watched the games instead of just wacking off over Peterson you would know.

Keep it up! You look smarter with each game he plays.

DENVERDUI55
09-24-2012, 06:36 PM
Keep it up! You look smarter with each game he plays.

Exactly you can't back up your BS.

go_broncos
09-24-2012, 07:06 PM
I never understand why hire a coach that has a record worse than Mcd.
Fox+Mccoy+Manning is a bad combination.
They are trying to make Manning a game manager.

TheReverend
09-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Exactly you can't back up your BS.

No retard, you're just not worth it. You understand none of what you see.

And to "back up my BS" Denvers drafted 7 to AZs 6. How's that for front 7 consistency? If I wanted to cherry pick, I'd mention how we have 3 times as many first rounders tied up our front seven... Again Denver placing more value in the front 7. Or how they let Dansby walk to pay Adrian Wilson... Another secondary guy. Etc, etc, etc.

But your dumb ass won't understand any of it, so what can ya do.

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-24-2012, 07:35 PM
Want to see conservative? Watch the 49ers play calling in the Vikings game. Seems like they only let Alex Smith pass if they have the lead. Cause at one point they were down 10 with time being a factor , and they call 6 running plays in 8 play attempts. Now that's conservative.

NUB
09-24-2012, 07:50 PM
To be fair, John Fox is a mediocre head coach and Mike McCoy couldn't playcall his way out of a paperbag whose parts are wholly made of prevent defense and a peewee league practice field. Everyone who thought Manning would magically fix a team that in no way has the depth or coaching talent to compete with the best is a moron. We sacked the guy who took a team that just picked #2 to the playoffs, and we replaced him with a noodle-armed forehead and a 6'8" backup and spent the rest of the offseason blowing a bunch of air through the glaring holes on defense. The primary saving grace for Denver right now is the same as it was last year, the AFC West sucks ass and so we can drunkenly boob-grab the division title and vomit our way into the playoffs again.

DENVERDUI55
09-24-2012, 07:51 PM

And to "back up my BS" Denvers drafted 7 to AZs 6. How's that for front 7 consistency? If I wanted to cherry pick, I'd mention how we have 3 times as many first rounders tied up our front seven... Again Denver placing more value in the front 7. Or how they let Dansby walk to pay Adrian Wilson... Another secondary guy. Etc, etc, etc.

Make BS up like you do all the time. I think you say so much BS you actually believe it. I guess I'll spell it out since you can't count.

1 - Dan Williams, DT Tennessee
2 - Daryl Washington, LB Texas Christian
2 - Cody Brown, LB Connecticut
2 - Calais Campbell, DE Miami (FL)
2 - Alan Branch, DT Michigan
3 - Buster Davis, LB Florida
3 - Darryl Blackstock, LB Virginia
2 - Karlos Dansby, LB Auburn
3 - Darnell Dockett, DE Florida State
1 - Calvin Pace, DE Wake Forest
3 - Gerald Hayes, LB Pittsburgh
1 - Wendell Bryant, DT Wisconsin
2 - LeVar Fisher, LB North Carolina State
3 - Dennis Johnson, DE Kentucky

Broncos 2012-2002

Miller, Irving, Ayers, Moss, Crowder,Drunk DJ,Pierce,Davis.

14-8. Learn how to count. You love to call people out and tear down their arguments but never back yours up and that is because your full of crap when your not full of yourself.

TheReverend
09-24-2012, 07:54 PM
^ youre the only one talking about the 3rd round, you cherry picking dip****.

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-24-2012, 08:00 PM
To be fair, John Fox is a mediocre head coach and Mike McCoy couldn't playcall his way out of a paperbag whose parts are wholly made of prevent defense and a peewee league practice field. Everyone who thought Manning would magically fix a team that in no way has the depth or coaching talent to compete with the best is a moron. We sacked the guy who took a team that just picked #2 to the playoffs, and we replaced him with a noodle-armed forehead and a 6'8" backup and spent the rest of the offseason blowing a bunch of air through the glaring holes on defense. The primary saving grace for Denver right now is the same as it was last year, the AFC West sucks ass and so we can drunkenly boob-grab the division title and vomit our way into the playoffs again.

So the guy who took the 2nd worst team to the playoffs drunkenly boob grabbed the division and vomited into the playoffs? I'll agree with that. Without Marion barber or Phillip rivers he and the team go nowhere. And that magical playoff game that teboners cling to wouldn't exist.

DENVERDUI55
09-24-2012, 08:08 PM
^ youre the only one talking about the 3rd round, you cherry picking dip****.

If you go back when I mentioned it I said why only first 2 rounds? Fine you still can't count 9-6. Round 3 is a high draft pick by the way. Again you spin and dance because you can't prove the BS you say. You just pull your typical ahh you aren't worth the time blah blah blah. The truth is your full of it and know less than half of what you think you do.

TheReverend
09-24-2012, 08:16 PM
If you go back when I mentioned it I said why only first 2 rounds? Fine you still can't count 9-6. Round 3 is a high draft pick by the way. Again you spin and dance because you can't prove the BS you say. You just pull your typical ahh you aren't worth the time blah blah blah. The truth is your full of it and know less than half of what you think you do.

Spin and dance? Everything from their draft history to FA decisions completely refutes you.

PM me when you can construct a coherent sentence. You're far too stupid for me to continue wasting my time on.

errand
09-24-2012, 09:08 PM
They called those plays because Tebow can't throw a pass. You just wait until manning is here. This offense will light it up!

I told you guys that these whack jobs would be back in full force at the first sign that the Broncos struggled.....

You need to give it up dude....your hero is protecting the punter in NY now...well, that and bouncing balls off his helmet.

NUB
09-24-2012, 09:08 PM
So the guy who took the 2nd worst team to the playoffs drunkenly boob grabbed the division and vomited into the playoffs? I'll agree with that. Without Marion barber or Phillip rivers he and the team go nowhere. And that magical playoff game that teboners cling to wouldn't exist.

Denver was 1-4 when Tebow took over. In his first sixteen games he had a positive TD:INT and win ratio on a squad wayyy less talented than what was afforded the previous QBs. I think it's more like he kicked away the growing, Cleveland-esque loser mentality this team was developing into. I know it's cool and hip to rag on Tebow because all he did was throw ugly passes and inexplicably piss people off by winning, but Denver was quickly becoming a cellar dweller before he started. You can't deny this. And, ironically, you can't deny the fact that without Tebow's wins Manning never would have come to Denver. Nor can we deny the fact that Denver didn't do squat to fix the receivers dropping passes, or the depthless running game, or the glaring holes in the middle of the defense. So yeah, by virtue of the AFC West's weaknesses, Denver can get into the playoffs again. Not because this team has wildly improved by the merit of a single, aging and clearly weakened player.

errand
09-24-2012, 09:14 PM
Wow, it took 3 weeks for the "fire the whole staff" thread to show up, eh? lol! Gotta love this place.

I know right? and it's almost always the usual suspects.....not to mention the whack job hero worshipers coming back in full force at the first sign of Denver having problems...just like I predicted they would.

errand
09-24-2012, 09:22 PM
Round 3 is a high draft pick by the way.

Exactly...if you're drafted on the first day (well it use to be the first 3 rounds were) you're generally considered a pretty damn good player coming out of college

Armchair Bronco
09-24-2012, 11:31 PM
Denver was 1-4 when Tebow took over. In his first sixteen games he had a positive TD:INT and win ratio on a squad wayyy less talented than what was afforded the previous QBs. I think it's more like he kicked away the growing, Cleveland-esque loser mentality this team was developing into. I know it's cool and hip to rag on Tebow because all he did was throw ugly passes and inexplicably piss people off by winning, but Denver was quickly becoming a cellar dweller before he started. You can't deny this. And, ironically, you can't deny the fact that without Tebow's wins Manning never would have come to Denver. Nor can we deny the fact that Denver didn't do squat to fix the receivers dropping passes, or the depthless running game, or the glaring holes in the middle of the defense. So yeah, by virtue of the AFC West's weaknesses, Denver can get into the playoffs again. Not because this team has wildly improved by the merit of a single, aging and clearly weakened player.

This!

Manning is damaged goods with no upside unless Denver wins the Super Bowl this year.

Tebow, on the other hand, single-handedly breathed new life into the moribund Broncos, and he did it IN SPITE of Elway, Fox, and McCoy. Our coaches chained him to the pocket, essentially neutralizing everything that made Tebow special. Might as well have a ballerina wear lead dance shoes or ask a concert pianist to play his Steinway wearing leather gloves. With the right OC and HC, Tebow has enough talent and moxy to lead a team to The Big Dance...and beyond.

Fox's resume includes a 2-14 record and McCoy was so inept that apparently he had to "draw up" the pass play to DT against Pittsburgh because his playbook consisted entirely of runs up the middle for 1 yard.

Denver is now the only team to have traded away a first-year starter who also managed to win a playoff game.

What a bunch of clowns.

Archer81
09-24-2012, 11:35 PM
It's news that a defensive minded HC is conservative?

:Broncos:

lonestar
09-25-2012, 01:08 AM
Calm down chicken little. The Texas and Falcons are well equiped to reach the Superbowl.

was thinking much the same thing..

everyone whining about losing a close game to a great team..

I am disappointed in losing but lots of thing that happened on the field during those games were caused by great play from great players..

Unfortunately we are not blessed with the same caliber of players they are..

EVERYONE was expecting Manning to fix all the problems we had on the team.. silly of them to do so..

Beantown Bronco
09-25-2012, 04:35 AM
Round 3 is a high draft pick by the way.

In a 10 or more round draft, I'd agree. 7 rounds? Not really.

Bob's your Information Minister
09-25-2012, 05:15 AM
Last franchise to the top 10 QB pick is a rotten egg!

Race you there. :wiggle:

TonyR
09-25-2012, 07:08 AM

Sigh. The only good teams we played with Tebow last season were Detroit and New England. Go back and take a loook what happened in those games. And look what happened down the stretch after teams figured us out. With Manning this season we beat a Pittsburgh team that was healthier than the team we beat last year (not to mention it was Manning first football game in almost two years), and hung with Atlanta and Houston. So your implication that we would somehow be better this year with Tebow is a joke. It's beyond ridiculous. But totally agree with you that this team failed to address a lot of its problems.

DENVERDUI55
09-25-2012, 07:49 AM

Sorry this is funny. No matter if its 10 or 100 rounds its still top 96 players in college in first 3 rounds.

TheReverend
09-25-2012, 08:17 AM
Sorry this is funny. No matter if its 10 or 100 rounds its still top 96 players in college in first 3 rounds.

Why stop there? Why not the top 200 players in college?

Answer: Because you're just making **** up. Lord knows you're not mentally capable of actually making a supportable point. You can't even type a coherent sentence for Christ's sake.

Boobs McGee
09-25-2012, 08:51 AM
So, here's a quick thought.

We can sit here and bitch and moan about how conservative Fox/McCoy are, but doesn't Peyton have a LOT more control over the calls at the line of scrimmage than our previous QB? I'd be curious to know how many of the conservative plays were called by him, because of what he saw from the defense/what he thought would work in that particular situation. Does anyone know where to find that info?

DENVERDUI55
09-25-2012, 09:58 AM
Why stop there? Why not the top 200 players in college?

Answer: Because you're just making **** up. Lord knows you're not mentally capable of actually making a supportable point. You can't even type a coherent sentence for Christ's sake.

First day picks I consider high picks along with most people which was first 3 rounds before they started round 1 on its own. You don't know when to stop. When I'm not on my phone and get to my computer I'll own your BS argument again. You provided no proof and can't, make **** up, can't count and cherry pick. Christ with the simple BS lies on here I can't imagine the funny made up stuff in your book.

broncocalijohn
09-25-2012, 10:04 AM

You do realize that teams bring in UDFA into camp by the hundreds? Top 3 rounds is Top 96 eligible draftees. I think you expect your top 3 draft picks to become starters within a few years...and in many cases starting that same year.

Beantown Bronco
09-25-2012, 10:21 AM
You do realize that teams bring in UDFA into camp by the hundreds? Top 3 rounds is Top 96 eligible draftees. I think you expect your top 3 draft picks to become starters within a few years...and in many cases starting that same year.

But this discussion doesn't take into account undrafted free agency. Look at the wording above. It was explicitly stated: high draft pick

Undrafted FAs are not draft picks, so they should be excluded from the discussion. "The Draft" is only 7 rounds.

Honestly, independent of this discussion, this is how I have always personally ranked draft picks in a standard 7 round draft:

1st and 2nd round = high draft picks
3rd and 4th round = middle draft picks
5th-7th rounds - low round draft picks

Pick Six
09-25-2012, 10:38 AM
Those running plays with 4 minutes to go were stupid. It just bled thw clock dry.

And our fans... WTHeck do they not get about being quiet when the offense is on the field? Seriously...don't make a sound when the offense is on the field. Sit on your hands if you have to...

I THOUGHT I saw Manning attempt to quiet the (home) crowd, during a goalline play. Thanks for confirming it. Personally, I wouldn't have the lung power to yell, ALL GAME. I guess alcohol gives some people that lung power...LOL.

TheReverend
09-25-2012, 10:39 AM
First day picks I consider high picks along with most people which was first 3 rounds before they started round 1 on its own. You don't know when to stop. When I'm not on my phone and get to my computer I'll own your BS argument again. You provided no proof and can't, make **** up, can't count and cherry pick. Christ with the simple BS lies on here I can't imagine the funny made up stuff in your book.

Oh okay, so now we'll just go back to how the draft was structured a half decade ago to make that distinction? ...but IM the one cherry picking?

Again:

Denver has drafted more front seven players in the first round.
Denver has drafted more front seven players in the second round.
Denver has spent FAR more in free agency signing and retaining front seven players.

Logical conclusion based off facts: You're a ****ing retard.

Popps
09-25-2012, 01:43 PM
I know right? and it's almost always the usual suspects.....not to mention the whack job hero worshipers coming back in full force at the first sign of Denver having problems...just like I predicted they would.

I think people bought into the hype a bit too much. This staff deserves a year or so to get things together with a new QB, new offense and new DC. I mean, people just have no patience. We've got a couple of pretty good coaches and a top flight QB.

Sometimes things take a little time....

TheReverend
09-25-2012, 01:44 PM
I think people bought into the hype a bit too much. This staff deserves a year or so to get things together with a new QB, new offense and new DC. I mean, people just have no patience. We've got a couple of pretty good coaches and a top flight QB.

Sometimes things take a little time....

I agree, but I also feel like we can't afford to have that patience. Our best players are almost done. Their clocks have almost run out. We need to get it going NOW.

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-25-2012, 02:12 PM
I agree, but I also feel like we can't afford to have that patience. Our best players are almost done. Their clocks have almost run out. We need to get it going NOW.

It's tough when the rebuild takes 6-7 years and spans 3 head coaches. One common denominator. The owner. Elway was brought in to put a band aid on that wound. We will see at the end of this year results. Good or bad.

TheReverend
09-25-2012, 02:15 PM
It's tough when the rebuild takes 6-7 years and spans 3 head coaches. One common denominator. The owner. Elway was brought in to put a band aid on that wound. We will see at the end of this year results. Good or bad.

The rebuild has been dismantled mid-stream on a near annual basis.

Cito Pelon
09-25-2012, 04:40 PM

Well, yeah. Denver looks like a pretty good team overall. It's hard to draw conclusions from 3 games, but they're doing decently against some of the better teams in the League.

We're at 0 point differential right now - 77 pts for, 77 pts against. Points scored we're at 12th in the League. Points against we're 21st.

Cito Pelon
09-25-2012, 05:12 PM
And of course the important turnover differential, Denver is at -3. So, to be at -3 TO diffential and still be at 0 point differential is not too bad.

Agamemnon
09-25-2012, 06:09 PM
And of course the important turnover differential, Denver is at -3. So, to be at -3 TO diffential and still be at 0 point differential is not too bad.

Except that being at -3 in turnover differential is bad itself. It means you aren't forcing turnovers and/or you aren't protecting the ball. Teams that have losing records usually have negative turnover differentials, and they can all say they would have done much better had they won the turnover battles. But they didn't and they lost. This is not something to take solace in.

Cito Pelon
09-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Except that being at -3 in turnover differential is bad itself. It means you aren't forcing turnovers and/or you aren't protecting the ball. Teams that have losing records usually have negative turnover differentials, and they can all say they would have done much better had they won the turnover battles. But they didn't and they lost. This is not something to take solace in.

True, but to still be at 0 point differential with a -3 TO differential is something a little bit positive that I'm taking solace in at this point. Glass half full kind of thing, I'm an optimist.

DENVERDUI55
09-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Oh okay, so now we'll just go back to how the draft was structured a half decade ago to make that distinction? ...but IM the one cherry picking?

Again:

Denver has drafted more front seven players in the first round.
Denver has drafted more front seven players in the second round.
Denver has spent FAR more in free agency signing and retaining front seven players.

Logical conclusion based off facts: You're a ****ing retard.

Show us all a Defense that is great without investing high draft picks in the front 7. Shanny showed us how to built from secondary in.
First round sure Denver drafted 4 to 2 for Arizona. You got me except notice I didn't say first round. High draft picks which was day one picks until 3 years ago which isn't a half decade smarty pants.

Second round again you are just making it up try 7 picks for AZ to 2 for Denver. Good work there buddy even though I spelled it out for you earlier.

As far as Free Agency way to support my statement that you build through drafting front 7 high. No team ever wins by overpaying in FA. Shanny sure tried you must think we have had some great defenses.

Yeah your right another QUALITY COMPLETE BS post by you. AZ has drafted 9. Oh here is another complete BS post with made up numbers. Sure since I have proven your BS time and time again just go to your default Your not worth my time post.

Wrong numbers again. I'm still waiting for you to show me a good defense that the team didn't put high draft picks into the front 7. I'll be waiting for awhile.

Conclusion: Your a complete **** thrower and can't handle it or post proof when called out. You'd argue that water isn't wet to your grave. Typical of an attention whore "been there done that" know it all.

TheReverend
09-25-2012, 06:58 PM
Again, you cherry pick first 3 rounds, because HIGH PICKS (*YOUR "point", not mine) don't support your original claim.

Yeah your right another QUALITY COMPLETE BS post by you. AZ has drafted 9. Oh here is another complete BS post with made up numbers. Sure since I have proven your BS time and time again just go to your default Your not worth my time post.

Wrong again:

2010 - Dan Williams
2010 - Daryl Washington
2009 - Cody Brown
2008 - Calais Campbell
2007 - Alan Branch
2004 - Karlos Dansby
2003 - Calvin Pace

Highlighted are the ones that are still with the team... as I said, only 3.

Wrong numbers again. I'm still waiting for you to show me a good defense that the team didn't put high draft picks into the front 7. I'll be waiting for awhile.

Conclusion: Your a complete **** thrower and can't handle it or post proof when called out. You'd argue that water isn't wet to your grave. Typical of an attention whore "been there done that" know it all.

1. When did I ever say that?

2. Notice how you even leave that open-ended to avoid quantifying "high draft picks"

Talking to you is pointless... you're really ****ing stupid. But you've gotten that your whole life, so me telling you is nothing new.

That's why you're getting so upset though, huh? Hurts your feelings when people point out you're stupid?

gyldenlove
09-25-2012, 09:40 PM
The rebuild has been dismantled mid-stream on a near annual basis.

I can't think of a single true rebuild in the NFL over the last 10 years - outside of potentially the current Dolphins who have been trading away players for picks at an alarming rate.

We see NHL and NBA teams go through rebuilds quite often, getting rid of contracts and players for picks and prospects, taking a few years of getting beaten to try to build up a solid base of young talent. In the NFL the patience just isn't there, I guess it has to do with the short season and sparsity of games - even a bad NHL team will win 20 games and a bad NBA team will win double digits, a bad NFL team could go nearly a calendar year without a tick in the w column.

TheReverend
09-26-2012, 05:50 AM
I can't think of a single true rebuild in the NFL over the last 10 years - outside of potentially the current Dolphins who have been trading away players for picks at an alarming rate.

We see NHL and NBA teams go through rebuilds quite often, getting rid of contracts and players for picks and prospects, taking a few years of getting beaten to try to build up a solid base of young talent. In the NFL the patience just isn't there, I guess it has to do with the short season and sparsity of games - even a bad NHL team will win 20 games and a bad NBA team will win double digits, a bad NFL team could go nearly a calendar year without a tick in the w column.

Great post. I think the current Colts is as close as you can get, imo. They fire-saled everrrrrrrrrrrrything, only no buyers bit on Freeney trade and Reggie came back.

Ray Finkle
09-26-2012, 06:08 AM

I think what Atlanta has done the past 5 years is close. The team was a joke, traded away Schaub and then were hit by the Vick and coaching issues. Got a bright GM and HC and drafted Ryan and other core players as well as brought in key FA's....

gyldenlove
09-26-2012, 08:27 AM
I think what Atlanta has done the past 5 years is close. The team was a joke, traded away Schaub and then were hit by the Vick and coaching issues. Got a bright GM and HC and drafted Ryan and other core players as well as brought in key FA's....

They traded Schaub because they got a big offer and had an incumbent starter in Vick, that had nothing to do with a rebuild. It is no different from when New England traded Cassel.

They just brought in players, they didn't trade away any resources. A rebuild involves tearing down what you have to make room, they didn't do that. They didn't get rid of a single productive player as far as I remember and I don't remember them trading a single player for a pick - they did trade picks for players though.

gyldenlove
09-26-2012, 08:29 AM
Great post. I think the current Colts is as close as you can get, imo. They fire-saled everrrrrrrrrrrrything, only no buyers bit on Freeney trade and Reggie came back.

I will agree they attempted, but in terms of actually unloading they cut Manning, getting no return, they resigned Wayne and couldn't find any buyers for Freeney and his contract.

I think for that to be a true rebuild they had to get rid of at least one piece of value like Mathis - and to make it worse they have traded a pick for Vontae Davis - it is more a mild renovation than a rebuild.

TheReverend
09-26-2012, 08:40 AM
I will agree they attempted, but in terms of actually unloading they cut Manning, getting no return, they resigned Wayne and couldn't find any buyers for Freeney and his contract.

I think for that to be a true rebuild they had to get rid of at least one piece of value like Mathis - and to make it worse they have traded a pick for Vontae Davis - it is more a mild renovation than a rebuild.

They got rid of tons of pieces of value!

QB Peyton Manning, RB Joseph Addai, LB Gary Brackett, TE Dallas Clark, WR Pierre Garcon, G Ryan Diem, TE Jacob Tamme, C Jeff Saturday

That's 8 good to great players dumped in one off-season! I'm certainly not fathoming how you look at a team that's dumped nearly half their starting lineup and see "mild renovation".

gyldenlove
09-26-2012, 08:57 AM
They got rid of tons of pieces of value!

QB Peyton Manning, RB Joseph Addai, LB Gary Brackett, TE Dallas Clark, WR Pierre Garcon, G Ryan Diem, TE Jacob Tamme, C Jeff Saturday

That's 8 good to great players dumped in one off-season! I'm certainly not fathoming how you look at a team that's dumped nearly half their starting lineup and see "mild renovation".

Addai, Brackett, Clark and Diem were fluff - over the hill players.

I will give you Tamme, Saturday, Garcon and Manning.

I retract my previous statement that they didn't get rid of value, they did, they just failed to get anything in return.

TheReverend
09-26-2012, 10:06 AM
Addai, Brackett, Clark and Diem were fluff - over the hill players.

I will give you Tamme, Saturday, Garcon and Manning.

I retract my previous statement that they didn't get rid of value, they did, they just failed to get anything in return.

Its okay, I definitely agree with your blanket premise of few true rebuilds.

jutang
10-01-2012, 10:33 AM
Fox and McCoy definitely didn't go conservative yesterday. Going for it on 4th and 1 early in the game and the Prater WTF Madden call were different looks from the coaching staff.

Next week I expect them to offside the opening kickoff.