PDA

View Full Version : Were we REALLY in the last 2 games?

Goobzilla
09-23-2012, 06:09 PM
Are we a determined gritty team making a late rally to almost win or just padding our stats during garbage time?

SonOfLe-loLang
09-23-2012, 06:10 PM
How can anyone say either were garbage time when we were within a 3rd down stop (both games) from getting good FP for 2 minute drills...that's absurd

Agamemnon
09-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Someone doesn't apparently know what garbage time is.

go_broncos
09-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Are we a determined gritty team making a late rally to almost win or just padding our stats during garbage time?

padding our stats during garbage time...Orton did it,Tebow did it(with few wins) and manning is doing it now.

spiralism
09-23-2012, 06:12 PM

I dunno. If Atlanta get called on offensive pass interference on that catch by Jones to ice it and if Thomas taps his toes we likely get the ball back with 2 and change left in both cases. But then again we dug the hole in the first place. Somewhere in between i'd imagine.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-23-2012, 06:13 PM
padding our stats during garbage time...Orton did it,Tebow did it(with few wins) and manning is doing it now.

Youre a ****ing idiot.

DBroncos4life
09-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Tebow trolls voting in full force.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-23-2012, 06:15 PM
That TD to Stoke (and shouldabeen TD to Thomas) were not "garbage time" throws

go_broncos
09-23-2012, 06:16 PM

Tebow sucks..So does manning.

NUB
09-23-2012, 06:18 PM

:spit:

Padded my win column in garbage time!

This is a classic quote.

houghtam
09-23-2012, 06:19 PM
None of Manning's stats have ever been accumulated in garbage time. Every completion, yard and TD he's ever scored have been solely due to his own skill and moxy. Also every incompletion, sack and interception he's every thrown has been someone else's fault.

Also, the WRs have great hands.

Also, the offensive line is top notch and will only get better.

Also, the defense is like a vise and any time they get scored on, it's because of the refs.

Am I doing it right? Is this how you be a Broncos fan?

ElwayMD
09-23-2012, 06:20 PM
Being a score away from a victory with time on the clock equals being IN a ballgame. So...yes.

go_broncos
09-23-2012, 06:21 PM

This is a classic quote.

Yeah..with fluke wins..

AmericanBroncFan
09-23-2012, 06:22 PM
This team still has to many Shanny women on it and mcd BUSTS on it to ever go deap into the playoffs or even make it

KO5K
09-23-2012, 06:26 PM

This is a classic quote.

Hilarious!

broncosteven
09-23-2012, 06:30 PM
I think Manning is taking Orton's Garbage Time King crown away from him.

maher_tyler
09-23-2012, 06:31 PM
I think once everyone on O gets on the same page we'll be a lot more consistant. You would think we just lost to some scrub teams.

Lycan
09-23-2012, 06:38 PM
This is stupid. If you have the ball only down 1 score at the end you were in the game. Period.

If our defense makes a stop on 3rd down we have 2 minutes+ in both the Falcons and Texans games to try and win the game. How anyone can call that garbage time is beyond me.

rbackfactory80
09-23-2012, 06:39 PM

This has nothing to do with Tebow.

This has to do with the fact when you need to make a stop late in the 4th to give your team a chance you have to do it. Did you for one second believe the defense would stop them on that 3rd down they completed? I sure as hell did not.

NorCalBronco7
09-23-2012, 06:40 PM
Your garbage time.

AmericanBroncFan
09-23-2012, 06:40 PM
This is stupid. If you have the ball only down 1 score at the end you were in the game. Period.

If our defense makes a stop on 3rd down we have 2 minutes+ in both the Falcons and Texans games to try and win the game. How anyone can call that garbage time is beyond me.

Its garbage time because BOTH atl and hou quit being aggressive on O and D allowing our crap team back in. If both teams keep the gas pedal to the floor we are blown out in both games

DBroncos4life
09-23-2012, 06:41 PM

The internet would have rocked when Elway was our QB.

DBroncos4life
09-23-2012, 06:42 PM
This has nothing to do with Tebow.

This has to do with the fact when you need to make a stop late in the 4th to give your team a chance you have to do it. Did you for one second believe the defense would stop them on that 3rd down they completed? I sure as hell did not.

Yes I did.

rbackfactory80
09-23-2012, 06:48 PM
Yes I did.

lol

based on what evidence? The fact they give up 3 and 15s at a 3 out of 4 clip. Defense is a joke as usual. The receivers are so overrated. DT should have a call out thread just because he might be the most overrated Bronco to ever suit up. Dude acts like Moss and plays like Lelie.

This has nothing to do with Manning. He will get his stuff together, the rest of the team I wouldn't count on it.

Lycan
09-23-2012, 06:50 PM
Its garbage time because BOTH atl and hou quit being aggressive on O and D allowing our crap team back in. If both teams keep the gas pedal to the floor we are blown out in both games

You are delusional. What's the opposite of a homer? Awayer?

Whatever it's called, you are it.

Garbage time is when the team is down so much it is impossible to come back. Thus, by having a chance to win at the end, we were in the freaking games.

Also, if the Texans were playing prevent only up 2 scores with 10 minutes left in the game, they are really dumb. That would be pure idiocy.

Same goes for the Falcons, there was plenty of time left. Any NFL team that goes into prevent D in these situations is flat out stupid.

NorCalBronco7
09-23-2012, 06:52 PM

I have to take a phat poop.

winstoncup bronco
09-23-2012, 06:58 PM
It's not garbage time, but it is curious why we play sharpest on offense when time is running out.

That One Guy
09-23-2012, 07:17 PM
You are delusional. What's the opposite of a homer? Awayer?

Whatever it's called, you are it.

Garbage time is when the team is down so much it is impossible to come back. Thus, by having a chance to win at the end, we were in the freaking games.

Also, if the Texans were playing prevent only up 2 scores with 10 minutes left in the game, they are really dumb. That would be pure idiocy.

Same goes for the Falcons, there was plenty of time left. Any NFL team that goes into prevent D in these situations is flat out stupid.

I would have to go back and look but I believe they said at one point, out of nearly 20 plays ATL had run one pass against us. They were mailing it in until they had to try again and when they did, it was a totally different scenario.

And, obviously, as Denver was unable to come back from the deficit they were at in the time remaining.. that fits your description of "Garbage time is when the team is down so much it is impossible to come back." Obviously any team could come back if the game were infinitely long.

houghtam
09-23-2012, 07:44 PM
I would have to go back and look but I believe they said at one point, out of nearly 20 plays ATL had run one pass against us. They were mailing it in until they had to try again and when they did, it was a totally different scenario.

And, obviously, as Denver was unable to come back from the deficit they were at in the time remaining.. that fits your description of "Garbage time is when the team is down so much it is impossible to come back." Obviously any team could come back if the game were infinitely long.

This.

Down 20 with 10 minutes to go is garbage time, no matter if your team made it "close" at the end or not.

Are we seriously having this conversation? Do I have to bring up the threads from the Jets and Bears games last year that said Tebow was only able to complete passes because the Jets and Bears were in prevent?

go_broncos
09-23-2012, 07:47 PM
There is a reason why we play well in 4th quarter..This team sucks ..

broncocalijohn
09-23-2012, 08:13 PM
It is Manning. Sure the opponent might have played a tad softer before we started to score but they are not going to run the ball 3 times for time at 8 minutes if it isn't working. WHo knows exactly if we are not down by 2 or 3 scores how the defense or even offense performs. I do know that Manning is getting it but is sticking it up the first half. We can't ask for a 5th quarter to win it. We should be doing it much sooner...defense included.

In conclusion, i voted no on garbage time but I am not strong on that opinion.

NorCalBronco7
09-23-2012, 08:19 PM
Needing 3 tds with 10 minutes is borderline garbage time. But once Manning enters the equation, its clearly not garbage time.

NFLBRONCO
09-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Good teams win last two games
Avg teams still looking for their identity don't.

Houston is way better then us

SonOfLe-loLang
09-23-2012, 08:22 PM
This.

Down 20 with 10 minutes to go is garbage time, no matter if your team made it "close" at the end or not.

Are we seriously having this conversation? Do I have to bring up the threads from the Jets and Bears games last year that said Tebow was only able to complete passes because the Jets and Bears were in prevent?

This is INSANE! If our defense stops them on those third downs, there's a great chance we win those games. When youre down 40-3 in the 4th, THATS GARBAGE TIME. And for a team playing "prevent" he passed over the top of that.

Armchair Bronco
09-23-2012, 08:22 PM
IMO, we were NOT in either one of these games. We beat Pittsburgh (somehow???) to start the season, and the last two weeks we've been schooled. If Tebow had been taking snaps, we would have won BOTH of the last two games.

houghtam
09-23-2012, 08:24 PM
This is INSANE! If our defense stops them on those third downs, there's a great chance we win those games. When youre down 40-3 in the 4th, THATS GARBAGE TIME. And for a team playing "prevent" he passed over the top of that.

Gotcha...soo...double standard?

NorCalBronco7
09-23-2012, 08:29 PM
IMO, we were NOT in either one of these games. We beat Pittsburgh (somehow???) to start the season, and the last two weeks we've been schooled. If Tebow had been taking snaps, we would have won BOTH of the last two games.

Kurt Cobain would have better shot than Tebow.

Crushaholic
09-23-2012, 08:29 PM
That's absurd, for the one reason that we have Peyton Manning. Defenses RESPECT Peyton Manning. Defenses aren't going to give Manning anything. Manning just TAKES it...

SonOfLe-loLang
09-23-2012, 08:49 PM
Gotcha...soo...double standard?

Whats the double standard???

SonOfLe-loLang
09-23-2012, 08:50 PM

Do you guys just ignore clear facts or am i crazy?

broncocalijohn
09-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Kurt Cobain would have better shot than Tebow.

For comparison, if Tebow wanted to kill himself by self inflicted gunshot, he would have failed the target. Kurt was more accurate so yes you are correct.
I see Armchair can't get out of the Tebow myopic love affair.

NorCalBronco7
09-23-2012, 09:03 PM
For comparison, if Tebow wanted to kill himself by self inflicted gunshot, he would have failed the target. Kurt was more accurate so yes you are correct.
I see Armchair can't get out of the Tebow myopic love affair.

Maybe Tebow filled the hole that Cobain left? His butthole that is.

maher_tyler
09-23-2012, 09:41 PM
When Woodyard got that pick the Texans were trying to drive to score more points. They didn't "mail" it in. We started making plays. Prevent D is when everyone minus 2-3 linemen, drop into a deep zone. Maybe we all have different perceptions of what a prevent D is. Prevent D is to negate big plays..our biggest plays were against their "prevent" D.

Hulamau
09-23-2012, 09:57 PM
Youre a ****ing idiot.

Understatement of the year....

Hulamau
09-23-2012, 10:00 PM

Ha! Would be funny if you we're joking.. Sadly you're serious ... and thus deranged.

errand
09-23-2012, 10:12 PM

We all knew that they would come back talking **** as soon as the Broncos lost a game or two....they silently rejoice when we have a bad game without Tebow under center.

errand
09-23-2012, 10:16 PM
This.

Huge difference dude...playing prevent against a Qb that struggles with accuracy vs. a HoF like Manning.

lonestar
09-23-2012, 10:18 PM
None of Manning's stats have ever been accumulated in garbage time. Every completion, yard and TD he's ever scored have been solely due to his own skill and moxy. Also every incompletion, sack and interception he's every thrown has been someone else's fault.

Also, the WRs have great hands.

Also, the offensive line is top notch and will only get better.

Also, the defense is like a vise and any time they get scored on, it's because of the refs.

Am I doing it right? Is this how you be a Broncos fan?

:thumbs:

for a minute I was really going to jump your ass then you NAILED that last line..

errand
09-23-2012, 10:23 PM
If Tebow had been taking snaps, we would have won BOTH of the last two games.

What are you talking about? We haven't had a punt blocked yet.....

lonestar
09-23-2012, 10:27 PM
this says it all..

Houston Denver
Third Down Efficiency 7/14 - 50% Third Down Efficiency 6/17 - 35%

going into the game HOU allowed 10% conversions on third down we allowed 50%..

folks we were clearly beaten by a better team today..

better talent all over the place.

and Kubes is one of the best play callers in the game.. his counterpart on D top 5 in the game..

that team has been playing in their schemes on O for a very long time and on D at least a year longer than we have..

we have no one that is close on our DL to their guys, that is consistent and do not get their stats playing weak sisters..

We are a year away with some good draft choices and maybe a FA or two in the spring..

there is a light at the end of the tunnel..

houghtam
09-23-2012, 11:09 PM
this says it all..

Houston Denver
Third Down Efficiency 7/14 - 50% Third Down Efficiency 6/17 - 35%

going into the game HOU allowed 10% conversions on third down we allowed 50%..

folks we were clearly beaten by a better team today..

better talent all over the place.

and Kubes is one of the best play callers in the game.. his counterpart on D top 5 in the game..

that team has been playing in their schemes on O for a very long time and on D at least a year longer than we have..

we have no one that is close on our DL to their guys, that is consistent and do not get their stats playing weak sisters..

We are a year away with some good draft choices and maybe a FA or two in the spring..

there is a light at the end of the tunnel..

We didn't sign Manning to be "a year away with some good draft choices and maybe a FA or two in the spring.."

Anyone who tells you they're okay with that situation isn't a Broncos fan.

And to think they're the ones telling me whether I can be a fan or not...

lonestar
09-23-2012, 11:33 PM
We didn't sign Manning to be "a year away with some good draft choices and maybe a FA or two in the spring.."

Anyone who tells you they're okay with that situation isn't a Broncos fan.

And to think they're the ones telling me whether I can be a fan or not...

I'm a Bornco fan and have been for over fifty years..

I just see it realistically, you do not rebuild a team that was this talent deficient in 2 years..

Of the 08 starting defense only three players were kept Champ, Doom and DJ.. most of the other 8 were not in the NFL in 09.. and none of the ones that did started for another team day one..

The OL needed to be completely rebuilt save Clady and maybe Kuper..

and switching back to a 4-3 when Fox came to town made the few keepers we had less valuable..

Before Manning was signed it was a 3-4 year plan.. to build with Draft choices..

considering the cap restrictions doing it now with UFA will be tough at best..

We have a good starting line up overall.. Need a few holes to be filled.. and that will come next year in the draft or UFA (again restricted by the uber high cap number Manning has..)

those are facts not conjecture,

Rome was not built in a year because Manning signed here.. only so much John can accomplish.. So count on it being at least next year maybe two..

ozomulsion
09-23-2012, 11:42 PM
That's absurd, for the one reason that we have Peyton Manning. Defenses RESPECT Peyton Manning. Defenses aren't going to give Manning anything. Manning just TAKES it...

He sure hasn't been "taking it" in the first 3 quarters of the last 2 games.

Ratboy
09-24-2012, 12:08 AM
I'm not sure how anyone can say it was garbage time. Schaub was still throwing and we made some plays that put us back into the game.

ol#7
09-24-2012, 12:10 AM
I'm a Bornco fan and have been for over fifty years..

I just see it realistically, you do not rebuild a team that was this talent deficient in 2 years..

Of the 08 starting defense only three players were kept Champ, Doom and DJ.. most of the other 8 were not in the NFL in 09.. and none of the ones that did started for another team day one..

The OL needed to be completely rebuilt save Clady and maybe Kuper..

and switching back to a 4-3 when Fox came to town made the few keepers we had less valuable..

Before Manning was signed it was a 3-4 year plan.. to build with Draft choices..

considering the cap restrictions doing it now with UFA will be tough at best..

We have a good starting line up overall.. Need a few holes to be filled.. and that will come next year in the draft or UFA (again restricted by the uber high cap number Manning has..)

those are facts not conjecture,

Rome was not built in a year because Manning signed here.. only so much John can accomplish.. So count on it being at least next year maybe two..

Which is why the offseason made no sense. There were FA's that could have helped this team, this year, as well as a LB (Lavonte David) instead of a raw backup QB (In case we need a hail marry throw).

R8R H8R
09-24-2012, 12:48 AM
What are you talking about? We haven't had a punt blocked yet.....

I admit, I had to think about it for a minute. Touche'. I like Teebs, but that was funny.

R8R H8R
09-24-2012, 12:55 AM
I'm not sure how anyone can say it was garbage time. Schaub was still throwing and we made some plays that put us back into the game.

No one credible nor rational says it. Just the usual suspects.

Doggcow
09-24-2012, 01:10 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1420823/lolgletree_medium.gif

TonyR
09-24-2012, 07:20 AM
If Tebow had been taking snaps, we would have won BOTH of the last two games.

Hilarious! Good stuff. You people are funny.

TheReverend
09-24-2012, 07:29 AM
I think it's 50/50 as a mix of both, but I'm angry so I leaned toward voting garbage time.

DENVERDUI55
09-24-2012, 07:59 AM
When Woodyard got that pick the Texans were trying to drive to score more points. They didn't "mail" it in. We started making plays. Prevent D is when everyone minus 2-3 linemen, drop into a deep zone. Maybe we all have different perceptions of what a prevent D is. Prevent D is to negate big plays..our biggest plays were against their "prevent" D.

Woody s pick was in 2 quarter no way Houston put cruise mode on there.

Eldorado
09-24-2012, 08:28 AM
The third quarter for us consisted of 4 drives, 2 three and outs, 18 total plays, 43 yards and 0 points. In the fourth, Houston conceded the middle to allow us to drive and chew up clock. It is a testament to manning that he was able to generate 14 points against that scheme. The throw to stokely over the top of the D was tits. So, yes over half our points were garbage time points, but other teams are going to think long and hard about about playing 'clock management' defense against PFM after he has got the broncos within spitting distance against these last two teams.

lonestar
09-24-2012, 12:07 PM
The third quarter for us consisted of 4 drives, 2 three and outs, 18 total plays, 43 yards and 0 points. In the fourth, Houston conceded the middle to allow us to drive and chew up clock. It is a testament to manning that he was able to generate 14 points against that scheme. The throw to stokely over the top of the D was boobies. So, yes over half our points were garbage time points, but other teams are going to think long and hard about about playing 'clock management' defense against PFM after he has got the broncos within spitting distance against these last two teams.

that was the key, not that we seemed to accomplish much in the first half either..

but your correct the rest of the game was garbage time.. HOU knew they could out the hammer down when they needed to just like John and TD used to do in so many of their games..

they got a commanding lead and they went into cruise mode until they needed to do it some more..

why some of these coolaide drinks do not see it is beyond me..

we got our asses kicked yesterday by a great team.. Shat happens until we have the talent level they do it will continue to happen..

CEH
09-24-2012, 12:35 PM
The texans game not really in it after halftime
Phantom pi gave Denver its last Td and texans dropped 3 ints
The fumble in the atl was a key play as Denver was driving and running well
We were in the atl game