PDA

View Full Version : Raiders @ Broncos, after week 2 who would of thought....

Fight_On!
09-23-2012, 06:07 PM
....this would be a huge game. Should be one of those classic hard fought down to the wire games.

spiralism
09-23-2012, 06:09 PM
It's been too long since we did the ****ers at home and we need this. We better ****ing murder them.

go_broncos
09-23-2012, 06:10 PM
It's been too long since we did the ****ers at home and we need this. We better ****ing murder them.

Good Luck..not winning any more games with this ****ty team.

R8R H8R
09-23-2012, 06:12 PM
Are you serious, or just being a jerk?

Brewer
09-23-2012, 06:13 PM
It's "who would have thought" not "who would of thought." That's what I think.

Fight_On!
09-23-2012, 06:17 PM
It's "who would have thought" not "who would of thought." That's what I think.

Damn, you're right. But in my excitement over the Raiders' win I said,"Fu*k it". Still, huge game next week.

Chris
09-23-2012, 06:19 PM

Pathetic.

spdirty
09-23-2012, 06:22 PM

I bet you any amount of money that your full of ****.

Kid A
09-23-2012, 06:24 PM
I would have thought. First division game, at home, after a tough opening 3 games. Hope we really are learning something in these late 4th quarter surges, as this game will be a battle. Looking forward to it.

broncosteven
09-23-2012, 06:27 PM
If we don't mop the floor with the Raiders at home then they this team doesn't deserve to win.

If we are 3-3 after week 6 I would be happy, our schedule gets a lot easier after playing SD on the road.

AmericanBroncFan
09-23-2012, 06:30 PM
The raiders Dline will dominate the game while Chad Penningtons Daughter (manning) will be eaten alive by Semour

spdirty
09-23-2012, 06:32 PM
The raiders Dline will dominate the game while Chad Penningtons Daughter (manning) will be eaten alive by Semour

Go **** yourself.

AmericanBroncFan
09-23-2012, 06:35 PM
Go **** yourself.

I might. The wife has to work all night (nurse)

broncosteven
09-23-2012, 06:36 PM

Enjoy!

canadianbroncosfan
09-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Damn, you're right. But in my excitement over the Raiders' win I said,"**** it". Still, huge game next week.

hey man how come you weren't on here Trolling when USC was playing Stanford?

Also I don't think this is as close as you think. Our one win is against the same team however both of our losses are against two of only three 3-0 Teams and arguably the best two in the league right now.

Fight_On!
09-23-2012, 06:49 PM
Trolling? pffft....I was another college message board. I make the rounds.

As far as the game I am leaning more towards a nail biter. But you're right, the Raiders could blow out the Denver Peytons.

Rolandftw
09-23-2012, 07:30 PM
I thought it was going to be a big game, mainly just because our next two games after that are on the road against tough teams @SD and @NE. It's Raiders Week, which is always big.

R8R H8R
09-23-2012, 07:46 PM
I thought it was going to be a big game, mainly just because our next two games after that are on the road against tough teams @SD and @NE. It's Raiders Week, which is always big.

Sd is a very winnable game. They have a weaker home field advantage than we do. The Falcons just waxed 'em today, and that is being kind. But yes, we need to take care of the raiders first.

Fight_On!
09-23-2012, 08:58 PM
I give the Denver Peytons the edge for two reasons.

1. The Denver Peytons are at home, a VERY tough place to play. Denver has a very serious home field advantage.
2. Well the name above says it all.

Peyton is the Broncos, but maybe he has been exposed by the Falcons and the Texans as far as what he can and cannot do throwing the ball.

myMind
09-23-2012, 09:03 PM

go...away!

Crushaholic
09-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Blowouts, either way, are the EXCEPTION (not the rule). That is why Broncos-Raiders is one of the PREMIERE rivalries, in the AFC. Even if we had throttled our competition, up to now, I still would have called this Raiders game a big game...:thumbsup:

Fight_On!
09-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Blowouts, either way, are the EXCEPTION (not the rule). That is why Broncos-Raiders is one of the PREMIERE rivalries, in the AFC. Even if we had throttled our competition, up to now, I still would have called this Raiders game a big game...:thumbsup:

It's probably on of the most under valued rivalries in the NFL.These two teams have played a ton of classic down to the wire games.

Blueflame
09-23-2012, 09:26 PM
It's probably on of the most under valued rivalries in the NFL.These two teams have played a ton of classic down to the wire games.

More than just a couple were decided by a Jason Elam field goal.

Fight_On!
09-23-2012, 09:31 PM
More than just a couple were decided by a Jason Elam field goal.

Well, with the Raiders leading the all time series, I would say the Raiders have won more than a couple close games during the series.

As one person said, blow outs are the exceptions in the rivalry.

Broncoman13
09-23-2012, 09:39 PM

Enjoy your two minutes of fun.

Blueflame
09-23-2012, 09:44 PM
Well, with the Raiders leading the all time series, I would say the Raiders have won more than a couple close games during the series.

As one person said, blow outs are the exceptions in the rivalry.

The Raiders built a huge lead in the all time series during the 60s and early 70s. In more-recent decades, the scales have shifted somewhat. So unless your point is that the Broncos sucked back when our grandfathers were watching football... well... the all time series holds little relevance to next week's game.

In recent years, what usually happens is 1-1.

errand
09-23-2012, 09:50 PM
when you only play 16 games..aren't they all huge games?

Blueflame
09-23-2012, 09:56 PM
when you only play 16 games..aren't they all huge games?

Yes. Especially the division games.

Rolandftw
09-23-2012, 10:02 PM
Sd is a very winnable game. They have a weaker home field advantage than we do. The Falcons just waxed 'em today, and that is being kind. But yes, we need to take care of the raiders first.

We usually split with SD. Just would be surprised to see Denver take both games. Might have to just to get to 3-3, though.

Team is going to have to tear it up in the last ten games of the year imo

Fight_On!
09-23-2012, 10:20 PM
The Raiders built a huge lead in the all time series during the 60s and early 70s. In more-recent decades, the scales have shifted somewhat. So unless your point is that the Broncos sucked back when our grandfathers were watching football... well... the all time series holds little relevance to next week's game.

In recent years, what usually happens is 1-1.

Hey watch it now, I remember those games and I am NOBODY's grandpa!

Blueflame
09-23-2012, 10:22 PM
Hey watch it now, I remember those games and I am NOBODY's grandpa!

You were watching football in 1960?

NFLBRONCO
09-23-2012, 10:28 PM

1. The Denver Peytons are at home, a VERY tough place to play. Denver has a very serious home field advantage.

Peyton is the Broncos, but maybe he has been exposed by the Falcons and the Texans as far as what he can and cannot do throwing the ball.

LOL even though Raiders won last 4 games here. McFadden has his best games against us.

Fedaykin
09-23-2012, 10:32 PM

Manning was throwing just fine.

His receivers just need to learn to catch the fuggin' ball once in a while at least.

Fight_On!
09-23-2012, 10:51 PM
You were watching football in 1960?

1970's, I am 40 ;D

Fight_On!
09-23-2012, 10:53 PM
LOL even though Raiders won last 4 games here. McFadden has his best games against us.

McFadden does seem to have big games against Denver, but there is no doubt about the impact that Peyton has and Denver is never out of the game with him at Qb.

Dogsweat
09-23-2012, 10:54 PM
Ah yes.

Plan on about 25,000 Raider fans to invade Invesco Field.

Since the Broncos have no home field advantage, this one will go the Raiders.

Blueflame
09-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Ah yes.

Plan on about 25,000 Raider fans to invade Invesco Field.

Since the Broncos have no home field advantage, this one will go the Raiders.

Then those 25,000 Raider fans had best plan on spending a pretty penny... tickets are harder to come by and are far more expensive now that we have Manning. But don't just take my word for it; the Steelers "travel" far better than most teams and there were noticeably fewer of them (Steeler fans) in Mile High this year.

Dogsweat
09-24-2012, 01:37 AM
Then those 25,000 Raider fans had best plan on spending a pretty penny... tickets are harder to come by and are far more expensive now that we have Manning. But don't just take my word for it; the Steelers "travel" far better than most teams and there were noticeably fewer of them (Steeler fans) in Mile High this year.

Bronco fans are notorious Johnny come latley fans. We always have a hige showin in Denver. This year will be no differen't.

Several of my friends work at local sport shops in Denver, Raider gear always sells 3 times as much as the local.

We didn't have any Steeler fans show up at our game today.

Raiders 34 Broncos 17

Blueflame
09-24-2012, 04:53 AM
Bronco fans are notorious Johnny come latley fans. We always have a hige showin in Denver. This year will be no differen't.

Several of my friends work at local sport shops in Denver, Raider gear always sells 3 times as much as the local.

We didn't have any Steeler fans show up at our game today.

Raiders 34 Broncos 17

Um... no. Bronco fans are not "Johnny come latley(sic)" fans. There were no more Raider jerseys at the Raider game I attended in Denver (September 2007) than there were Chiefs jerseys in September 2005 or September 2006.

Raider gear is sometimes purchased in Denver for the sole purpose of being abused and ritually burned, y'know.... ;D Not that "I" would ever have done horrible things to shirts with Raider or Chiefs logos or anything... (tries to look innocent).

Oh, and I'm absolutely certain there were Steelers fans in your stadium today.

DENVERDUI55
09-24-2012, 05:05 AM
This will be a tough game as it always is. Denver has yet to play a 60 min game and I'm worried about their DL on our OL. We need to contain DMAC and force palmer to beat us which our secondary is pretty suspect.

Fight_On!
09-24-2012, 07:00 AM
This will be a tough game as it always is. Denver has yet to play a 60 min game and I'm worried about their DL on our OL. We need to contain DMAC and force palmer to beat us which our secondary is pretty suspect.

Palmer was forced to beat the Steelers and he did. Infact his passing opened up the run game. Yesterday, he looked rather confident with his "Manning" like check down and adjustments. Can he do it again? We shall see.

As far as the Raiders DL, they have been....meh....Seymore and Kelly haven't had much of an impact.

What has me worried is the patch work DB's vs Peyton. Advantage, Denver Peytons.

55CrushEm
09-24-2012, 07:23 AM
Palmer was forced to beat the Steelers and he did. Infact his passing opened up the run game. Yesterday, he looked rather confident with his "Manning" like check down and adjustments. Can he do it again? We shall see.

As far as the Raiders DL, they have been....meh....Seymore and Kelly haven't had much of an impact.

What has me worried is the patch work DB's vs Peyton. Advantage, Denver Peytons.

Yeah.....but McCoy sucks and you guys have beaten us 4 years in a row in Denver.

Nuff said. To the OP.....OF COURSE, this is a huge game. Division games always are.....especially, against ones that have been bending us over on our own field.

Bacillus Anthracis
09-24-2012, 07:34 AM

This^. We had our starting safety playing CB against Pittsburgh because we're so depleted with injuries. We managed to win despite a huge deficit in TOP in the first half but doing that two weeks in a row is unlikely. Also, Manning reads D's better than Roethlisberger so he'll make mincemeat out of our secondary.

And despite McFadden's one huge run for a TD, we still didn't run the ball worth a crap against Pittsburgh.

It's hard to say if the offense finally clicked against Pittsburgh or if it was just an anomaly due to the Steeler's beat up secondary.

I have no idea how this game is gonna go, but Denver's played against better competition and looked better doing it than we have against lesser competition.

The early line (as of this morning) is that Denver's favored by 5.5 points. At the most that'll shift a point in either direction. So the oddsmakers seem to feel somewhat confident about a Denver win. But still, there have been a huge number of upsets already this season. I got bounced from my survivor pool in week two (f'ing Patriots).

All I know is that I'm not talking any heavy smack this week about this game because I think Denver will win.

Fight_On!
09-24-2012, 08:55 AM
The Raiders success the past 4 years has no real berring on this game other than extra motivation for the Denver Peytons. With a new coaching staff and front office. The Raiders showed great grit yesterday. I could easily see Peyton lighting up the Raiders on D. Can the Raiders' O keep up?

As far as DMC, this was his best game in the ZBS, hopefully it continues.

Tombstone RJ
09-24-2012, 09:06 AM
This is gonna be a huge game. oakland's defense is for real and the Broncos running game sucks.

edog24
09-24-2012, 09:15 AM
We better get used to seeing the silver and black in the backfield. Their Dline will be problematic for us. I hope McCoy pulls his head out and mixes up the play calling a bit more.

Tombstone RJ
09-24-2012, 09:19 AM
We better get used to seeing the silver and black in the backfield. Their Dline will be problematic for us. I hope McCoy pulls his head out and mixes up the play calling a bit more.

Broncos need to get Hillman in the game, stretch the run plays outside, off tackle. I think the Broncos offense is close to being good, that is, proficient. It just needs speed in the running game and for the WRs to catch the ball.