PDA

View Full Version : Sense of Urgency

Punisher
09-23-2012, 05:22 PM
The team needs to have a quicker sense of urgency when we play good teams.

go_broncos
09-23-2012, 05:23 PM
The team needs to have a quicker sense of urgency when we play good teams.

Exactly..We play slow during the first 3 quarters..This trend started was by Mcd and it's continuing..

enjolras
09-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Nope.

What you're seeing is a defense with the worst safeties in the league and an offense struggling to find it's timing and rhythm (one of those things will fix itself over the next few weeks).

Just as Tebow seemed to magically get better in the fourth quarter as defenses wore down and started to back-off a bit, the same thing has happened the last two weeks. The offense looks great when there is plenty of time to throw the ball, of course they do. When precise timing is needed (IE: when the other team is bringing a lot of pressure) the offense really struggles. Particularly in the red-zone.

On the flip-side offenses stop trying to go over the top (why take the risk) and start protecting leads, which plays to the strength of the defense since the safeties aren't exposed.

It's not about urgency (although I do think we should go to that hurry-up offense much more quickly), it's about execution and talent. I still think this is going to be a good team by years end, but there are a LOT of growing pains left.

oubronco
09-23-2012, 05:32 PM
This I agree with

v2micca
09-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Seriously, I was having flashbacks to the Dan Reeves/John Elway days were they would waste three quarters running a predicable, conservative offence that utilized none of our personnel's talents before finally telling John to go try to win it in the 4th.

fdf
09-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Seriously, I was having flashbacks to the Dan Reeves/John Elway days were they would waste three quarters running a predicable, conservative offence that utilized none of our personnel's talents before finally telling John to go try to win it in the 4th.

That was the same thought I had during the game.

AmericanBroncFan
09-23-2012, 06:04 PM
We have to go 2-1 in the next 3 games or making the playoffs will by luck or not at all