PDA

View Full Version : Mike McCoy

Al Wilson
09-23-2012, 04:09 PM
For the love of god, fire his ass.

Al Wilson
09-23-2012, 04:40 PM
4 minutes left and ball at the 1 yard line and you're down by 2 scores. So what do you do? You run the ball twice and run a minute off the clock.

winstoncup bronco
09-23-2012, 04:49 PM
For whatever reason, people were calling him a genius last year.

He sucked last year, and he sucks this year, regardless of who the QB is.

Orange4Life
09-23-2012, 04:52 PM
I could not believe that ****. What a joke. 4 passes from the 1 is equal to the time it takes to run one running play. Dumbass

Al Wilson
09-23-2012, 04:54 PM
I could believe that ****. What a joke. 4 passes from the 1 is equal to the time it takes to run one running play. Dumbass
No it's not u ****ing retard. Go suck his dick

houghtam
09-23-2012, 04:54 PM
I thought Manning would be calling the plays so McCoy would be a non-factor?

ZONA
09-23-2012, 04:56 PM
The Broncos offense just isn't showing up in the 1st half of games. And our goal line package is really bad right now. If not for the tipped TD, that could have been 3 blown chances for TD's inside the 5.

Vegas_Bronco
09-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Offense is a joke...always needs the defense to come through big just to have a chance...how is it any different from last season mike? We look sloppy inconsistent and undisciplined.

Orange4Life

Dude why are you pissed I was agreeing with you.......

Al Wilson

Highly doubt that. Nobody was calling him a genius. His playcalling was ****ty last year. It's even worse this year.

HILife
4 minutes left and ball at the 1 yard line and you're down by 2 scores. So what do you do? You run the ball twice and run a minute off the clock.

Running from the one is the right call. It's the call any other team would make.

go_broncos
This team sucks..We always start slow..Reverse of shanny's team.
Both coaches suck

Al Wilson
09-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Dude why are you pissed I was agreeing with you.......
My bad I misread

Orange4Life
09-23-2012, 04:58 PM
My bad I misread

I understand. That was a **** game

Al Wilson
09-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Running from the one is the right call. It's the call any other team would make.
Not when you're down by 2 scores and 2 timeouts left with 4 minutes to go !! You are risking the chance of not getting it in and running time off the clock. It wasn't a good call !

Agamemnon
09-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Those two runs that ate up a whole minute between them just blew my mind. We then follow the lucky TD by kicking it off with under three minutes left. I'm not sure why McCoy is getting all the hate though. This is on Fox as much if not more than McCoy. Both are idiots as far as I'm concerned. I realized that last year, and despite getting their guy, nothing has changed. They still just don't seem to get it, and clearly never will.

Agamemnon
09-23-2012, 05:01 PM

Wow...the stupidity...it hurts to read...

winstoncup bronco
09-23-2012, 05:04 PM
Highly doubt that. Nobody was calling him a genius. His playcalling was ****ty last year. It's even worse this year.

Well, actually, I remember people deflecting criticism of Fox & McCoy on the conservative playcalling.

I also remember people deflecting criticism of the OL as well.

And I can also remember people deflecting criticsm of the WR's dropping passes.

The same problems that plagued us last year haven't gone away. They weren't even addressed because everyone was convinced it all boiled down to one player, or at least, everyone was told to believe that.

This is not a very good team. The roster has a few gems on top, and not much else thereafter. Peyton Manning is only so much of an upgrade.

Action
09-23-2012, 05:07 PM
I know Manning's previous coaches' are watching in pain.

I'm not sure why it took so long to speed up the offense. Their pass rush was out of control with just 4, and one of the best ways to stop that is run the hurry up and speed up the pace.

Demaryius is a complete vertical mismatch and it took till 4 minutes left in the 4th to utilize that.

oubronco
09-23-2012, 05:08 PM
We just got beat by the two best teams in the NFL the last two weeks get a clue

TonyR
09-23-2012, 05:09 PM
So am I reading this correctly that some of you clowns still think we should have kept Tebow?

Agamemnon
09-23-2012, 05:10 PM
Well, actually, I remember people deflecting criticism of Fox & McCoy on the conservative playcalling.

The same problems that plagued us last year haven't gone away. They weren't even addressed because everyone was convinced it all boiled down to one player, or at least, everyone was told to believe that.

This is not a very good team. The roster has a few gems on top, and not much else thereafter. Peyton Manning is only so much of an upgrade.

I think the myth that Manning would fix all our offensive issues has been completely exposed. If Manning plays better going forward he may be able to overcome our offensive issues, but he sure as **** doesn't fix them. Only fools believed all our offensive issues fell on Tebow, and apparently there are a lot of fools.

houghtam
09-23-2012, 05:11 PM
So am I reading this correctly that some of us clowns used to think Tebow was the cause of all our problems but it turns out...tada! He's not?

Hey, I fixed your post for you. You're welcome in advance.

DenverBroncosJM
If I remember correctly conservative play calling was because of tebowie last year...looks like jokes on us McCoy is just an idiot!

DBroncos4life

Lol I thought Tebow would be starting by week four.

Jay3
09-23-2012, 05:12 PM

He is the weak link to all of it.

oubronco
So am I reading this correctly that some of you clowns still think we should have kept Tebow?

Unfugginbelievable isn't it

Agamemnon

I think a lot of us think he should have been kept him as a backup. I think watching a future HoFer struggle under the same ****ty conditions should put Tebow's struggles last year in perspective. But clearly there is no shortage of idiots on this board.

Agamemnon
09-23-2012, 05:13 PM

That better happen soon, because we aren't going to do better than 8-8 with this asshat calling plays for Manning.

Jay3
09-23-2012, 05:13 PM

The worst part was the way they defended his obviously bad play-calling. You can think very little of Tebow, and still see with your own eyes that McCoy does not have it as a play-caller. But it was more fun to say "No, he's a genius, he just calls plays horribly because of Tebow's horrible limitations." Now he's got PFM and he does things like that.

Vine
09-23-2012, 05:15 PM

With a conventional offense not ran by Fox and McCoy, yes, I do.

Vegas_Bronco
Saying i dont like mccoy = i love teblow....clueless. weve already agreed that this line of thinking hass passed off as full stupidity.

Al Wilson
We just got beat by the two best teams in the NFL the last two weeks get a clue
These last 2 games with decent playcalling and creativity we should have won.

houghtam
09-23-2012, 05:17 PM
These last 2 games with decent playcalling and creativity we should have won.

And not turning it over. And not giving up big plays. And not giving up third down conversions.

This team is a train wreck. It's not just the offense, people.

winstoncup bronco
09-23-2012, 05:18 PM
Saying i dont like mccoy = i love teblow....clueless. weve already agreed that this line of thinking hass passed off as full stupidity.

Yeah, apparently some people can't differentiate between the two. You'd think they would outgrow it, but I guess not.

Rock Chalk
09-23-2012, 05:18 PM
I think the myth that Manning would fix all our offensive issues has been completely exposed. If Manning plays better going forward he may be able to overcome our offensive issues, but he sure as **** doesn't fix them. Only fools believed all our offensive issues fell on Tebow, and apparently there are a lot of fools.

Um, with Tebow, this team gets blown out in the last two games.

Blown out.

Embarrassed.

Think, New England.

This team is 1000 times better offensively without Tebow. Do they have issues? Yep, new QB, new scheme, unfortunate beginning of the year schedule trying to figure it out.

But what I see, is when we do have it figured out, we are going to win a lot of football games, even against the big dogs in the NFL.

winstoncup bronco
09-23-2012, 05:19 PM

Nope. Not even close.

R8R H8R
09-23-2012, 05:20 PM

Manning calls the plays when they work. Like the draw play on 4 th on the goal line last Monday. This week it doesn't work, so of course McCoy must have called those plays. See how that works around here?

oubronco

Blown out.

Embarrassed.

Think, New England.

This team is 1000 times better offensively without Tebow. Do they have issues? Yep, new QB, new scheme, unfortunate beginning of the year schedule trying to figure it out.

But what I see, is when we do have it figured out, we are going to win a lot of football games, even against the big dogs in the NFL.

Amen Brotha :thumbsup:

DBroncos4life
With a conventional offense not ran by Fox and McCoy, yes, I do.

It would be great if you got yourself banned again.

Jay3
09-23-2012, 05:22 PM

No, the Peyton acquisition was a once in a lifetime, and I supported it.

I think they could have also kept Tebow, but that's an ancillary point of much less significance. Tebow is better off leaving, I just think the Broncos should have kept him.

Vine
09-23-2012, 05:22 PM
It would be great if you got yourself banned again.

It hurts not being moderator, doesn't it?

Al Wilson
09-23-2012, 05:26 PM
Manning calls the plays when they work. Like the draw play on 4 th on the goal line last Monday. This week it doesn't work, so of course McCoy must have called those plays. See how that works around here?
We're talking about a whole ****ing game. Seriously, have you seen a playaction call on first down? Horrible playcaller and gameplanner. Go watch the games again.

55CrushEm
09-23-2012, 05:26 PM
I just logged on. I was going to start a thread about McCoy.....but it was already here.

Good God. This man sucks. And I don't want to hear about how he REVAMPED an offense for Tebow last year. He basically cut the playbook in half, and put in the option. It didn't take a genius to do that.

*** I'm pissed. Just like last week......down 20 in the 4th.....and ALMOST do it against 2 good teams.

McCoy blows. *** everybody who disagrees with me.

I'm drunk too.

So yeah, ***idy *** ***. *** you.

Let Manning rud the goddamn offense. *** McCoy. ***ers....now Oakland is truly a MUST win.

Damn it.....***ers beat us 4 years in a row at home.

I hope we make McCoy inactive next week. *** head.

go_broncos
09-23-2012, 05:28 PM
I just logged on. I was going to start a thread about McCoy.....but it was already here.

Good God. This man sucks. And I don't want to hear about how he REVAMPED an offense for Tebow last year. He basically cut the playbook in half, and put in the option. It didn't take a genius to do that.

*** I'm pissed. Just like last week......down 20 in the 4th.....and ALMOST do it against 2 good teams.

McCoy blows. *** everybody who disagrees with me.

I'm drunk too.

So yeah, ***idy *** ***. *** you.

Let Manning rud the goddamn offense. *** McCoy. ***ers....now Oakland is truly a MUST win.

Damn it.....***ers beat us 4 years in a row at home.

I hope we make McCoy inactive next week. *** head.

:thumbsup:

Agamemnon
09-23-2012, 05:29 PM

Blown out.

Embarrassed.

Think, New England.

You don't know how these two games go with Tebow after a full offseason working with the offense. I'm sure you thought we were going to get blown out by the Steelers in the playoffs last year as well. And besides, that isn't even the point. The point is that we brought Manning in and everyone went on about how we were a contender because he fixed all the issues that were supposedly all Tebow's fault. Yet now it seems that the protection still sucks and our receivers still have butterfingers.

As usual, see Rock Chalk's take, then take opposite position, and you will always be right.

WolfpackGuy
09-23-2012, 05:30 PM
He sticks to the "gameplan" too long.

If the chit ain't working, change it!

They don't have the TE's to attack the deep middle, so quit fuggin trying it!

DBroncos4life
09-23-2012, 05:33 PM
It hurts not being moderator, doesn't it?

Nope I have faith you will flip out and be banned soon enough

Gort
09-23-2012, 05:33 PM
I think a lot of us think he should have been kept him as a backup. I think watching a future HoFer struggle under the same ****ty conditions should put Tebow's struggles last year in perspective. But clearly there is no shortage of idiots on this board.

aside - Tebow is completely being misused in NY. they think he's only good for a couple of gadget plays a game. that's going to be the end of his career. if the HC and OC don't buy in to what he offers, he offers no value.

houghtam
09-23-2012, 05:34 PM
The point is that we brought Manning in and everyone went on about how we were a contender because he fixed all the issues that were supposedly all Tebow's fault. Yet now it seems that the protection still sucks and our receivers still have butterfingers.

This.

If we were to compile the total number of quotes saying Manning turns us into an immediate contender regardless of who is on the rest of the team, that thread would be in the ring of fame.

Agamemnon
09-23-2012, 05:34 PM

I think it's safe to assume that when we aren't running the no huddle McCoy is making most of the calls. I don't recall a Manning offense constantly running on first down and in the redzone, ever. If it doesn't look like Manning-ball and looks like McCoy-ball instead, it's probably McCoy-ball. Have you noticed how much more our offense looks like the Colts offense when we run the no huddle? The difference is glaring.

R8R H8R
09-23-2012, 05:35 PM
We're talking about a whole ****ing game. Seriously, have you seen a playaction call on first down? Horrible playcaller and gameplanner. Go watch the games again.

Not defending McCoy, just calling it like I see it. McCoy will be blamed for plays that don't work and PM will get credit when they work. That's exactly what happened against Steelers.

Maybe you should watch the game again. We have more problems than play calling. D can't cover the deep ball, wr's can't hold on to the ball, pm is definitely rusty and needs 3 quarters to figure out the best defense in football, yet if we fire McCoy, all will be well.
Besides, mcCoy ain't going anywhere, not this year anyway.

nyuk nyuk
09-23-2012, 05:37 PM
If I remember correctly conservative play calling was because of tebowie last year...looks like jokes on us McCoy is just an idiot!

It was clearly both.

nyuk nyuk
09-23-2012, 05:38 PM
I think it's safe to assume that when we aren't running the no huddle McCoy is making most of the calls. I don't recall a Manning offense constantly running on first down and in the redzone, ever. If it doesn't look like Manning-ball and looks like McCoy-ball instead, it's probably McCoy-ball. Have you noticed how much more our offense looks like the Colts offense when we run the no huddle? The difference is glaring.

And yet most of the game we huddled.

winstoncup bronco
09-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Not defending McCoy, just calling it like I see it. McCoy will be blamed for plays that don't work and PM will get credit when they work. That's exactly what happened against Steelers.

Maybe you should watch the game again. We have more problems than play calling. D can't cover the deep ball, wr's can't hold on to the ball, pm is definitely rusty and needs 3 quarters to figure out the best defense in football, yet if we fire McCoy, all will be well.
Besides, mcCoy ain't going anywhere, not this year anyway.

Yup, as they were last year.

So, what was done to address this this past offseason?

R8R H8R
09-23-2012, 05:40 PM

We were running the no-huddle early in the game and it wasn't working. Again, this may be the best d in football. Statistically, they are. In fact, pm threw his 3 int.'s on Monday running the no-huddle. I remember, Gruden saying maybe we should slow it down to regroup.

Agamemnon
09-23-2012, 05:42 PM
And yet most of the game we huddled.

Yep. Kind of reminds me how they would only spread it out and let Tebow air it out last year when things we pretty much ****ed despite that being the one way Tebow had shown he could be effective passing. Now it's the no huddle with Manning, and again we find ourselves having to come back late once again. Only now we are falling short.

Agamemnon
09-23-2012, 05:44 PM
We were running the no-huddle early in the game and it wasn't working. Again, this may be the best d in football. Statistically, they are. In fact, pm threw his 3 int.'s on Monday running the no-huddle. I remember, Gruden saying maybe we should slow it down to regroup.

For the most part we avoided the no huddle until the end of the game much like last week. I believe it got shut down on one series early, and they proceeded to move away from it immediately. Meanwhile their conservative run, run, short pass bull**** never goes away no matter how little it works.

R8R H8R
09-23-2012, 05:46 PM

Got PM, he lifts all boats, remember? :wiggle:

Seriously, it's obvious that they are counting on the young guys to develop. I hope they do, but it sure is slow going.

maher_tyler
09-23-2012, 05:47 PM

Resigned scrubs and brougt in never have beens! Kept McCoy...worst coordinator in the league.

spdirty
09-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Elway will not put up with this ****. If Fox and/or McCoy don't take the handcuffs off of Manning, there will be hell to pay. He will not waste this window of opportunity we have on a stupid coach and his stupid bull****.

We better blow Oaklands doors off next week, and go no huddle until the game is out of reach.

R8R H8R
09-23-2012, 05:51 PM
For the most part we avoided the no huddle until the end of the game much like last week. I believe it got shut down on one series early, and they proceeded to move away from it immediately. Meanwhile their conservative run, run, short pass bull**** never goes away no matter how little it works.

Well, if PM agrees with you and most on this board then he will have a talk with Fox, and Elway if necessary, and just run his no huddle all game long. He has the power to insist on that if he wants to.

Agamemnon
09-23-2012, 05:58 PM
Elway will not put up with this ****. If Fox and/or McCoy don't take the handcuffs off of Manning, there will be hell to pay. He will not waste this window of opportunity we have on a stupid coach and his stupid bull****.

We better blow Oaklands doors off next week, and go no huddle until the game is out of reach.

We shall see. I definitely have to say I'm shocked at how little this offense looks like a Manning offense most of the time. I feel like I'm watching Orton until the no huddle starts. It's terrible.

houghtam
09-23-2012, 05:59 PM
Got PM, he lifts all boats, remember? :wiggle:

Seriously, it's obvious that they are counting on the young guys to develop. I hope they do, but it sure is slow going.

LOL

Peyton Manning = Reagonomics

Love it

Gort
09-23-2012, 06:02 PM
LOL

Love it

clueless obamabot is clueless.

Agamemnon
09-23-2012, 06:08 PM
Oh god, no politics people. Please...

R8R H8R
09-23-2012, 06:09 PM
LOL

Love it

Reagonomics worked, so I don't get your obvious partisan jab. Not relevant to this discussion. Go to the WRP for that crap.

houghtam
09-23-2012, 06:10 PM
Oh god, no politics people. Please...

Not getting into a political discussion. I just loved the "tide raises all boats" argument for Manning as much as I loved that stupid argument for economics.

They're both dumb arguments, but for different reasons.

ColoradoDarin
09-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Not getting into a political discussion. I just loved the "tide raises all boats" argument for Manning as much as I loved that stupid argument for economics.

They're both dumb arguments, but for different reasons.

Thought that was JFK who originated the quote?

R8R H8R
09-23-2012, 06:23 PM

Don't know if JFk said it or not, but I thought the John Elway quote when we got PM was obvious. I guess not.

broncosteven
09-23-2012, 06:34 PM
There were way too many drops by Decker and DT to put this loss on McCoy.

I hated the 2 back to back draw calls with the clock ticking late also but we don't know if Manning made one of those trying to catch Texans napping?

I think Manning's lack of arm strength is in his head especially after having his worst quarter as a pro last week.

If we had consistent players who could make catches who were not out of football last year we wouldn't be bitching about McCoy.

houghtam
09-23-2012, 06:38 PM
If we had consistent players who could make catches who were not out of football last year we wouldn't be b****ing about McCoy.

Same could be said for last year. The last time we had receivers who could catch, we had a whiny bitch of a QB who couldn't hit Yao Ming standing on top of Shawn Bradley's shoulders and a neurotic 12 year old as coach.

maher_tyler
09-23-2012, 06:39 PM

I hated the 2 back to back draw calls with the clock ticking late also but we don't know if Manning made one of those trying to catch Texans napping?

I think Manning's lack of arm strength is in his head especially after having his worst quarter as a pro last week.

If we had consistent players who could make catches who were not out of football last year we wouldn't be b****ing about McCoy.

When he had time to set his feet he made the throws. Hence the throws to Stokely and Thomas.

R8R H8R
09-23-2012, 06:44 PM

Agreed. Also, we have a defense that can't get off the field on 3rd down and a secondary that looks seriously confused for most of the game, three games in a row, but hell, let's fire McCoy!

BroncoLifer
09-23-2012, 06:49 PM

It was.

winstoncup bronco
09-23-2012, 06:52 PM
Agreed. Also, we have a defense that can't get off the field on 3rd down and a secondary that looks seriously confused for most of the game, three games in a row, but hell, let's fire McCoy!

Enduring those other problems still doesn't take away from the fact that McCoy is a waste.

Going by the last couple of years, it seems like the offense doesn't open up unless we're scrambling to come from behind in the 4th quarter. Two weeks in a row now people are wondering why we don't go to a Manning uptempo offense sooner rather than later. The fact that our defense equates getting off the field with going to the electric chair is another discussion.

broncobum6162
09-23-2012, 06:57 PM

yesssssss..........sir!

edog24
09-23-2012, 07:00 PM

Decker blows period. I said it all last year, I don't know what people here seen in this guy. He is nothing more than a punt returner. All he does is give up on plays, act like a soccer player trying to draw flags, and pretending every catch is spectacular by diving for it, he's hot garbage.

Swedish Extrovert
09-23-2012, 07:07 PM

He was. The other posters dont know what they are talking about.

Kid A
09-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Decker blows period. I said it all last year, I don't know what people here seen in this guy. He is nothing more than a punt returner. All he does is give up on plays, act like a soccer player trying to draw flags, and pretending every catch is spectacular by diving for it, he's hot garbage.

Leading receiver (on either team), 8 reception on 11 targets for 136 yds, including a couple really nice grabs on 3rd and long.

Right now he's good for 1 or 2 bad drops a game. Definite area of concern. But he's a young receiver who basically lost a season of real experience in a passing offense. And, outside Stokely, he's clearly the route runner Manning trusts most. He's going to have a very good season, just needs to get out of his own way.

swaiy
09-23-2012, 07:09 PM
I recall the defense getting off the field only for the O to come out and play like ass.

RADRHATR
09-23-2012, 07:10 PM
It was our secondary that gave up two long passing plays in the first quarter, the WR's can't catch and give up on plays. These wrinkles will work themselves out. We have played three tough teams but we will run through the AFC West and it is the AFC West game where Manning will show us why we went and got him. Relax! Let's just get into the playoffs and We will be a cohesive unit by then.

swaiy
09-23-2012, 07:11 PM
As a matter of fact, while Del Rio was telling the defense to do their job, somebody should have been telling the offense to do their ****ing job.

R8R H8R
09-23-2012, 07:32 PM

I am not doubting what you are saying, I'll believe anything right now, just wondering how you know PM is calling the plays?

R8R H8R
09-23-2012, 07:32 PM
As a matter of fact, while Del Rio was telling the defense to do their job, somebody should have been telling the offense to do their ****ing job.

Agreed.

Agamemnon
09-23-2012, 07:41 PM

But of course you do. Classic smurf...

Lestat
09-23-2012, 08:07 PM
if we could stop digging ourselves into a ****ing hole we could let Von and Doom tee off on these mothers instead of having to come back and being forced into drives that keep the D on the field for far too long.

BroncoMan4ever
09-23-2012, 08:08 PM

Yes it it because the clock stops if an incompletion happens. A running play itself is the same length of time as a pasd play but the clock keeps running. If the team takes. The 40 seconds to set up the next. Play that is 40 deconds off the play clock. If you take the 40 seconds after an incompletion you have 40 more seconds on the clock than you would after a run. McCoy's retard play calling cost the team as much as 1 minute 20 seconds that would have been huge for a last minute drive

Al Wilson
09-23-2012, 08:13 PM
Yes it it because the clock stops if an incompletion happens. A running play itself is the same length of time as a pasd play but the clock keeps running. If the team takes. The 40 seconds to set up the next. Play that is 40 deconds off the play clock. If you take the 40 seconds after an incompletion you have 40 more seconds on the clock than you would after a run. McCoy's retard play calling cost the team as much as 1 minute 20 seconds that would have been huge for a last minute drive
I misread what he said.

houghtam
09-23-2012, 08:18 PM
if we could stop digging ourselves into a ****ing hole we could let Von and Doom tee off on these mothers instead of having to come back and being forced into drives that keep the D on the field for far too long.

That was the selling point of getting Manning though. All offseason long we were treated to wonderful exposition telling us how with Manning we would always be playing with the lead, and because of that, our defensive weaknesses would be hidden, and our pass rush would be able to pin their ears back and get QBs.