PDA

View Full Version : Drops

Vine
09-23-2012, 04:06 PM
Sick and ***cing tired of Denver's receivers routinely dropping passes. It seems that Decker and DT each are good for at least 2-3 drops every single ***cing game. DT is a wonderful talent, but every highlight reel grab is canceled out by every routine catch he drops. Eric Decker is vastly overrated by Broncos fans, and because of his hands of stone, he really is no better than a 3rd wr on an average team.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-23-2012, 04:23 PM
Nobody had a problem with it last year.

Vine
09-23-2012, 04:34 PM

Dumb**** response

Dr. Broncenstein
09-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Dumb**** response

By nobody I obviously meant you.

ThirtyDegrees
09-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Nah, Tebow was the only problem with the passing game last year, clearly.

Decker and Thomas can't catch but that was Tebow's fault.

LongDongJohnson
09-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Decker just slid like the puss that he is.

Pontius Pirate
09-23-2012, 05:01 PM
17-35 is not all going to be due to drops.

LRtagger
09-23-2012, 05:04 PM
Seriously I thought Manning was an expert at manipulating coverage but he is staring down every ****ing throw today

hades
09-23-2012, 05:08 PM
Seriously I thought Manning was an expert at manipulating coverage but he is staring down every ****ing throw today

He'll carve up the Texan's defense like he use to do, no worries!

/sarcasm

houghtam
09-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Even though this thread was made by one of the main people bitching about Tebow last year, this place is probably as good as any for all those who used to think drops were the QB's fault to come and admit they were wrong, and that our WRs actually do suck.

Or you can blame Manning. Doesn't really matter.

Bigdawg26
09-23-2012, 06:01 PM
It just seems like they are vastly RAW in terms of being considered a part of the offense. Deck and DT both miss passes when they are wide open (trying to turn of the field) or in pressure moments (DT not getting his second foot in and Deck going between his hands between three defenders).

Vegas_Bronco
09-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Our wrs are all 2nd 3rd string talent...and our tes suck...very poor coaching. We need more wheel routes from the backfield. Cant stand the sloppy oline play either...that last drive in the 1end was embarassing when their dline beat us like a school girl.

Vegas_Bronco
09-23-2012, 06:05 PM
This offense blows

oubronco
09-23-2012, 06:07 PM
Dumb**** response

Truth hurts

bpc
09-23-2012, 06:11 PM
I hope somebody makes a gif of Decker sliding like Ricky Henderson coming into 3rd base. Only, on the football field, in the middle of the game.

Tim
09-23-2012, 06:12 PM
Offense kinda sucks

teknic
09-23-2012, 06:18 PM

Sarcasm?

Dr. Broncenstein
09-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Seriously though, how many passes did these two receivers drop last year? There was no outrage then. The blame was placed elsewhere, but the result is the same (minus the wins).

lolcopter
09-23-2012, 06:38 PM
Decker just slid like the puss that he is.

This. What a ******. I hope rod smith bitch slapped him on the sideline

What a disgraceful little pussy

DENVERDUI55
09-24-2012, 05:58 AM
I'm concerned about our WR. They are not getting very good seperation and we really don't have a deep threat. We need some speed out there unfortunately and then catch the ball when it hits you in the hands.

rbackfactory80
09-24-2012, 06:51 AM
Those guys are so overrated. Decker is like a 5th option and DT is just brain dead. Yeah he is a great talent but he hurt us again yesterday. He doesn't give 100 percent, it's become obvious.

TheReverend
09-24-2012, 07:15 AM
Seriously though, how many passes did these two receivers drop last year? There was no outrage then. The blame was placed elsewhere, but the result is the same (minus the wins).

I heard that it was because Tebow throws lefty and can't throw spirals.

Surely it's fine now!

TheReverend
09-24-2012, 07:18 AM
I hope somebody makes a gif of Decker sliding like Ricky Henderson coming into 3rd base. Only, on the football field, in the middle of the game.

Showcasing his skills for a potential sport cross-over.

...unfortunately, he forgot that if he can't catch, he's just as ****ing useless in baseball as he is playing flanker for the Broncos.

DENVERDUI55
09-24-2012, 07:21 AM
I heard that it was because Tebow throws lefty and can't throw spirals.

Surely it's fine now!

Well to be honest whoever your referring to can say same thing about spirals.

BroncoInferno
09-24-2012, 07:32 AM
To be fair, I thought Decker's slide was just a brain fart. They were trying to get a couple extra plays in before the 3rd quarter ended, and I think he got into end of game/end of half mode and needlessly slid to save time. Also, it's hard to complain too much about his effort overall. 8 catches for 136 yards including a couple of great catches. He had one bad drop, but fortunately we scored on that drive anyway. He's on pace for 90 grabs, so let's not get too hysterical with the hate here.

2KBack
09-24-2012, 07:36 AM
The Orangemane way....discuss the bad plays, ignore the good.

TheReverend
09-24-2012, 07:36 AM
To be fair, I thought Decker's slide was just a brain fart. They were trying to get a couple extra plays in before the 3rd quarter ended, and I think he got into end of game/end of half mode and needlessly slid to save time. Also, it's hard to complain too much about his effort overall. 8 catches for 136 yards including a couple of great catches. He had one bad drop, but fortunately we scored on that drive anyway. He's on pace for 90 grabs, so let's not get too hysterical with the hate here.

How in the **** do you think sliding "saves time"...?

TheReverend
09-24-2012, 07:38 AM
The Orangemane way....discuss the bad plays, ignore the good.

We've dropped two in a row.

"Moral victories" are quite literally for losers.

BroncoInferno
09-24-2012, 07:44 AM
How in the **** do you think sliding "saves time"...?

Get the play stopped and the ball spotted quicker.

fwf
09-24-2012, 07:48 AM
I'm concerned about our WR. They are not getting very good seperation and we really don't have a deep threat. We need some speed out there unfortunately and then catch the ball when it hits you in the hands.

Agree with this. Its time to we let our backups get some reps in practice and then eventually games. Not mention that both of these guys have a history of injuries and will probably miss time at some point. These guys just dont come come off as smart players. Decker especially- (punt return). I guess the coaches deserve some of the blame for that.

socalorado
09-24-2012, 07:49 AM

STOP the play!?!?
Hey, how bout extending the play right into the End Zone!?!?
That could solve some of the "getting the ball spotted quicker" issues.

Gort
09-24-2012, 07:50 AM

didn't you get the memo? last year it was Tebow's fault.

BroncoInferno
09-24-2012, 07:52 AM
STOP the play!?!?
Hey, how bout extending the play right into the End Zone!?!?
That could solve some of the "getting the ball spotted quicker" issues.

Like I said, I think it was a brain fart. Decker has never given me reason before to question his toughness. He's probably been hit thousands of times since he started playing football as a kid, I doubt he suddenly turned into a pansy. But if you think he was scared of a standard tackle then that's fine.

DENVERDUI55
09-24-2012, 07:53 AM

As opposed to having extra 5 to 10 yards? When I first saw it I was like he did not slide he must have slipped. Sure enough he pissed out and slide leaving yards on the field.

BroncoInferno
09-24-2012, 07:58 AM
As opposed to having extra 5 to 10 yards? When I first saw it I was like he did not slide he must have slipped. Sure enough he pissed out and slide leaving yards on the field.

Once again, I'm not claiming it was a smart move. I just don't buy that he suddenly became afraid of being tackled. I think it was a mental lapse.

TheReverend
09-24-2012, 08:12 AM

^ This is the dumbest post I've ever read.

2KBack
09-24-2012, 08:34 AM
We've dropped two in a row.

"Moral victories" are quite literally for losers.

I am upset by the losses as anyone, I'm just not as knee jerk reactionary as some I guess. Decker and Thomas both have made some great catches and had a few bad drops, I'd say more good than bad though. I wouldn't lay either loss at their feet personally.

That doesn't claim any sort of moral victory. We earned both loss, though I still see some positives, I'd say you likely do as well.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-24-2012, 08:35 AM

The blame was placed elsewhere? No it wasn't.

Tebow was spared any blame by many because of drops from receivers. Others blamed him.

Orton was given no such treatment from anyone, if you'll remember (real history, not revisionist history).

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-24-2012, 08:37 AM
didn't you get the memo? last year it was Tebow's fault.

I see you got the memo that crying over Tebow will bring him back. Good.

lolcopter
09-24-2012, 08:47 AM
Decker is a bitch and I hope rod smith gave him a good lecture on the sidelines after that horrendous slide

Dr. Broncenstein
09-24-2012, 08:50 AM
When Orton was playing, he had a reciever (Lloyd) who made difficult catches routinely. Orton was a loser regardless.. Real history and whatnot.

TheReverend
09-24-2012, 08:52 AM
When Orton was playing, he had a reciever (Lloyd) who made difficult catches routinely. Orton was a loser regardless.. Real history and whatnot.

Traded to sabotage Tim. Inadvertently butt****ed Manning.

Beantown Bronco
09-24-2012, 08:52 AM

He wasn't a "loser" until McD made him one. 21-12 before he came here.

edog24
09-24-2012, 08:54 AM
I thought it was the reverse spin from Tebow that made these guys drop everything? They are who I thought they were last year, the WR corps are vastly overrated, I just hope they can catch the 5 yard bubble screens, that seems to be the most successful play we run.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-24-2012, 08:54 AM
He wasn't a "loser" until McD made him one. 21-12 before he came here.

Little known McDaniels effect.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-24-2012, 09:06 AM

And Orton had a few others -- Royal being one, Decker being another -- who dropped balls routinely.

Revisionist history or whatever.

Orton wasn't great, wasn't even good. But to claim that nobody complained about drops last year is hilariously shortsighted. They complained about drops thrown by Timmeh, just not if Orton was throwing.

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-24-2012, 09:12 AM
Dropped passes is just a small problem on a big snowball heading down a hill. Alot of people bit into the media hype that manning equaled playoffs. This team is just not playing good all the way around from the coaches to the players. Can they be good? Sure. They have sprinkles of potential. "Brain farts" cannot happen on mediocre to bad teams. Drops can't happen. Missed tackles, penalties, bad play calling cant happen. These are all self injuring problems.

It's gonna be a long season if these kinds of things don't get cleaned up

OrangeCrush2724
09-24-2012, 09:26 AM
I am a big fan of Manning. But I thought some of his throws were a little overthrown when it clearly had no reason to be. A few times, the WR would have to jump high to make a great catch with no one around him. The throws also were Farve-like (almost pelting) and lacked touch. Either way, they were catch-able balls.

I am sure, it will take a few more games for this group to get good and be on the same page.