PDA

View Full Version : NFL Called down to Fox and JDR at half time re: Refs and are Fined

GreasyQtip
09-23-2012, 07:57 AM
Adam Schefter popped on ESPN this morning and dropped a whopper. He says even though those two have not been fined yet, they will.

It was so bad the NFL called down to the field during halftime and told them to stop it!

Found the article: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8416305/denver-broncos-john-fox-jack-del-rio-fined-ref-abuse-source-says

That One Guy
09-23-2012, 08:00 AM
LOL

For some reason I find it hilarious.

I mean, the first challenge of the night was for a silly flag challenge when the ball was clearly tipped. The second was when Fox clearly believed he actually only had 11 for some reason. With most crews, he'd be assuming they were right and figuring out what happened. These crews were such garbage that he just assumed they messed up something else. So everytime they blew a call, he had no challenges because they were blowing too many calls. Infuriating^Infinity

OrangeSe7en
09-23-2012, 08:21 AM
On what grounds are they being fined? This is hardly the first time a coach has lit into referees. This seems like more of Goodell being Goodell.

Pendejo
09-23-2012, 08:24 AM
The league should watch it with trying to get involved during the course of the game. Especially considering they've created the mess. It could easily be construed as their trying to have an impact on the outcome of the game. Which opens another pandora's box re: fixing games and what not. They already had to pull one guy who proudly displayed his fandom. Perhaps things wouldn't have gone so poorly if they hired guys who actually understood the rules, and ****ing pay attention during the game. All officials in all sports are terrible, but these guys have really taken ineptitude to Chiefs like levels.

Fox and Del Rio should not only not pay, but all the players need to walk out on a Wednesday, and not return until the bozos simply cave. The league office doesn't give two sh*ts about the integrity of the game. Solely revenue. Take control back by not playing. It's what the owners would do. Player safety is going to become an increasing issue as the inmates are clearly running the asylum.

Once again their answer is to not only ignore the problem, but to assure us that there isn't one as well. When you get down to brass tacks they're nothing more than conniving carnies.

They probably found the replacements on craigslist.

Pendejo
09-23-2012, 08:30 AM
Honestly, I don't know why they'd even answer a call from the league office at this point. Don't they have caller ID?

DBroncos4life
09-23-2012, 08:35 AM
But but but The old refs missed calls too!

OrangeSe7en
09-23-2012, 08:50 AM

It's not that the regular refs were so stellar. Part of the problem with these guys is that they lack experience with the NFLs rules (some of which are stupid). They haven't had a lot of lead time. But the NFL is the one who has created this scenario and the coaches put a lot of themselves into these games and have a lot on the line with their outcomes. The NFL is just being a bully in how they're coming down on the coaches considering it's their own fault. This is just another example of Goodell saying, "I don't like that; youre fined." Im still confused why they're being fined since it's not as if this is the first time a coach has gone after referees.

oubronco
09-23-2012, 08:51 AM
"I don't care what the league fines me, these (replacement) refs are terrible," one NFL head coach said last week.

Could this have been Fox?

tsiguy96
09-23-2012, 08:53 AM
if you were the head coach of a team that was actively being screwed by the refs, your playoff position, wins and ultimately career are affected, 20k isnt going to stop you.

DenverBroncosJM
09-23-2012, 08:55 AM
Maybe they should fine players too.. I saw at least twice that a player complained for a flag and got it. That's horse ****

Lev Vyvanse
09-23-2012, 09:07 AM
NFL couldn't have handled this thing any worse. They just told every team the refs can't control the games by themselves.

peacepipe
09-23-2012, 09:17 AM
On what grounds are they being fined? This is hardly the first time a coach has lit into referees. This seems like more of Goodell being Goodell.

on the grounds of not losing leverage over the real refs. with every poorly reffed game the more leverage swings towards the refs.

OrangeSe7en
09-23-2012, 09:21 AM
on the grounds of not losing leverage over the real refs. with every poorly reffed game the more leverage swings towards the refs.

I acknowledge that. But even still, there should be some justification on the face. When you've overlooked decades of coaches getting on refs, you need to have some reason for fining coaches. Goodell can't just outwardly say he's fining them because they're causing the league to lose leverage (even though what you point out is correct). He has to have some justification on the face.

peacepipe
09-23-2012, 09:54 AM
I acknowledge that. But even still, there should be some justification on the face. When you've overlooked decades of coaches getting on refs, you need to have some reason for fining coaches. Goodell can't just outwardly say he's fining them because they're causing the league to lose leverage (even though what you point out is correct). He has to have some justification on the face.
I think you may be underestimating how strongly goodell wants to win against the refs.

Play2win
09-23-2012, 10:30 AM
The fix is in.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-23-2012, 10:55 AM
Quit drawing attention to the nationally televised train wreck or you will be fined.

theAPAOps5
09-23-2012, 11:20 AM
Wow, talk about a deafening statement. The replacement refs were so had two NFL coaches had to be called by the principal at halftime to layoff.

Yeah Fox and JDR probably crossed the line but it was the refs who bungled that game so had they lost complete control. Sorry NFL, your regular refs bungle calls too but you never see a coach come utterly unglued. It's because the pro refs I ow how to maintain control and have EARNED a god chunk of respect from the players and coaches. These scab refs will NEVER earn that. Everyone knows they are gone soon.

Bacchus
09-23-2012, 11:40 AM
I think you may be underestimating how strongly goodell wants to win against the refs.

him and the owners want this win badly

McDman
09-23-2012, 12:36 PM
I was at the game and while they deserved to be yelled at, Fox took it a little far. It got old really fast.

Hulamau
09-23-2012, 03:23 PM
We have some STUPID MOFO players on this team! Jesus Bolden, get your head out of your ass.

Need at least one more year of building the bench and talent base all around. With some SMARTS please!

Hulamau
09-23-2012, 03:29 PM
45 yards on this drive on roughing the passer calls! Thats the way to slow them down!! :-/

Hulamau
09-23-2012, 03:31 PM
Avoiding just two of those PF penalites and we avoid their FG and would have had the ball back already and driving... No we need two unanswered TDs with no more scoring by them .. a tall order.

Hulamau
09-23-2012, 03:33 PM
Our team will get better as the season progresses, but its a pisser we had to start with three of the very top teams in the NFL back to back to back...

Vine
09-23-2012, 03:36 PM
Denver wastes a timeout. Brilliant.

Vine
09-23-2012, 03:37 PM
I don't even think the Joe Mays roughing was roughing the passer. It was NOT helmet to helmet (Schaub's helmet was hit by May's chest), and it was very bang bang. It was a violent hit, but it wasn't late or dirty.

Hulamau
09-23-2012, 03:37 PM
MAn burning Critical TOs due to numbskulls on the offense.

And Decker, Ball and DT better find the hand glue somewhere and quit dropping balls right in their hands!

Hulamau
09-23-2012, 03:42 PM
Houston has some damn good defensive players who have been together for a while expecially

That wasn't holding on Rameriz!!

cmhargrove
09-23-2012, 04:06 PM
Houston has some damn good defensive players who have been together for a while expecially

That wasn't holding on Rameriz!!

It was a pretty cheap call. Much less holding than Houston has been getting away with on their stretch play all day. I'm surprised they didn't rip Elvis' jersey off in the first half.

lonestar
09-23-2012, 04:12 PM

It may not be Goodell as much as the Owners sending messages..

Most folks forget that Goodell works for eh owners not the other way around..

they own the NFL he is merely an employee..

Lestat
09-23-2012, 08:10 PM

i know this is sarcasm. but as much as they missed calls. you didn't see coaches having to get this out of hand with them.
they knew how to control a game.

it's almost guerrilla warfare out there right now with players trying everything they can and then trying to argue that the other refs never call it.

Armchair Bronco
09-23-2012, 08:11 PM
Call me "Old School" but I'd like to fine the entire Broncos coaching staff for being utterly inept.

Lestat
09-23-2012, 08:11 PM
It may not be Goodell as much as the Owners sending messages..

Most folks forget that Goodell works for eh owners not the other way around..

they own the NFL he is merely an employee..

even if it was all the owners the commish has some serious sway and could advise them to take a lesser stance.
this is Goodell wanting it as much as the owners. maybe even more, the owners are never going to argue with something that saves them money.

lonestar
09-23-2012, 10:01 PM
i know this is sarcasm. but as much as they missed calls. you didn't see coaches having to get this out of hand with them.
they knew how to control a game.

it's almost guerrilla warfare out there right now with players trying everything they can and then trying to argue that the other refs never call it.

they (coaches) are coaching their players to play rough to get away with as much as they can..

IIRC the BAL-NE game had in excess of 25 penalties that were accepted....

SO frankly I'd suggest that Fox and company should be coaching their players to play rough and not whine about it..

When in Rome do as the Italians do..

lonestar
09-23-2012, 10:05 PM
even if it was all the owners the commish has some serious sway and could advise them to take a lesser stance.
this is Goodell wanting it as much as the owners. maybe even more, the owners are never going to argue with something that saves them money.

I would not argue with you at all about Goodell wanting this also.. but ultimately he works for the owners..

IMHO unless someone gets seriously hurt on teh field and the players can prove negligence in court this is going to go on for a long time..

I heard on tonites broadcast that they had meetings most of today but when they broke them off there were STILL big differences between them and there are no new talks scheduled..

That folks means this is going to continue until the refs cave..

HILife
09-23-2012, 10:26 PM
This is stupid. Why are they being fine? As if the was the first time ever a coach has yelled at a ref. That **** happens in every single game.

lonestar
09-23-2012, 10:38 PM
This is stupid. Why are they being fine? As if the was the first time ever a coach has yelled at a ref. That **** happens in every single game.

They are not being fine..

The NFL will fine them.. as in making them pay the NFL for being rude and abusive to the refs....

Garcia Bronco
09-23-2012, 11:05 PM
I stopped watching the game today because I just had things I would rather do. John Elway needs to get control of his coaches. There is literally jack-**** the team can do about it. So why be jackasses about it? It's immature and putting up with kind this kind of crap is part of being a professional.

lonestar
09-23-2012, 11:21 PM
I stopped watching the game today because I just had things I would rather do. John Elway needs to get control of his coaches. There is literally jack-**** the team can do about it. So why be jackasses about it? It's immature and putting up with kind this kind of crap is part of being a professional.

your correct

but sometime the refs can be swayed by talking to them.. it is a time honored tradition..

ME thinks they did more than talk to them in the heat of battle..

Smilin Assassin
09-24-2012, 11:21 AM
Sad.

menonite
09-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Goodell will burn every existing video of Bill Belichick grabbing the ref last night. To protect the integrity of the game!

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-24-2012, 11:46 AM
The refs have ruined it. Took 3 weeks. After watching several games go down in flames as a direct result from refs I'm done watching football. I find myself screaming at the TV on Sundays when it's sunny outside. Won't watch next week. Gonna enjoy playing Pebble instead.

gyldenlove
09-24-2012, 11:54 AM
The refs have ruined it. Took 3 weeks. After watching several games go down in flames as a direct result from refs I'm done watching football. I find myself screaming at the TV on Sundays when it's sunny outside. Won't watch next week. Gonna enjoy playing Pebble instead.

I agree, this is becoming more and more like a dog and pony show. Games are going on for way too long because the refs have no idea what they are doing. The quality of the play is degrading because the refs are not calling blatant penalties, you can see defenses now have gotten into a mode where they are bumping recievers all the way down field and offensive linemen are holding on for dear life.

We have seen epic blunders in several games the last 2 weeks, giving teams extra timeouts, letting teams challenge plays that can't be challenged, picking up penalties for no reason, giving penalties only after they are being berated, not knowing where to spot the ball. Letting guys ref a game with a team that has paid him for several years.

Right now I would rather watch WWE wrestling, at least I know that is rigged for maximum entertainment, right now the NFL feels like the only ones who care about the game are on the field, those in charge couldn't give a ****.

I hope we win next week, but unless the regular refs are back I won't be seeing it.

lonestar
09-24-2012, 12:26 PM
Sad.

why is it sad?

because they were rude and abusive to employees of the league?

While I do not like the level of expertice of the current batch of Refs it is not their fault for trying to do the nest jobs they can..

if they want to berate someone have them call Goodell..

any bets that does not happen..

I learned a long time ago if you are going to criticize someone you do it in private because embarrassing someone in front of their colleagues does nothing but create even more hard feelings..*

frankly I think it takes the coaches heads out of the game.. If I were Pat I'd have had John call down stairs and tell them to cool it..

they are going to have to work with these refs the rest of the year .. might as well not antagonize them anymore than they have..

anyone really want to see phantoms calls IMO it is about to rain down on those coaches that have been abusing the refs..

*Management 101..

lonestar
09-24-2012, 12:29 PM

sorry to hear you will not be contributing the rest of the year.. mostly you have great posts.. not sure what/who Pebble is but have a great time

lonestar
09-24-2012, 12:30 PM
I agree, this is becoming more and more like a dog and pony show. Games are going on for way too long because the refs have no idea what they are doing. The quality of the play is degrading because the refs are not calling blatant penalties, you can see defenses now have gotten into a mode where they are bumping recievers all the way down field and offensive linemen are holding on for dear life.

We have seen epic blunders in several games the last 2 weeks, giving teams extra timeouts, letting teams challenge plays that can't be challenged, picking up penalties for no reason, giving penalties only after they are being berated, not knowing where to spot the ball. Letting guys ref a game with a team that has paid him for several years.

Right now I would rather watch WWE wrestling, at least I know that is rigged for maximum entertainment, right now the NFL feels like the only ones who care about the game are on the field, those in charge couldn't give a ****.

I hope we win next week, but unless the regular refs are back I won't be seeing it.

enjoy WWE ..

menonite
09-24-2012, 12:32 PM
I think they should do just the opposite. I think Fox and Elway should come out and forcefully criticize the replacement refs. Make it an "Us vs Them" situation. Why? Because this would guarantee that every single blown call that goes against the Broncos would be under the media microscope. The narrative would become "Blown call by incompetent refs - Or Malicious ruling by the NFL establishment to punish the team for speaking out?"

*Menonite 101

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-24-2012, 12:36 PM
sorry to hear you will not be contributing the rest of the year.. mostly you have great posts.. not sure what/who Pebble is but have a great time

Pebble beach golf course. I'll be watching and going to the away games at oak/SD when they let the real refs back on the field. But for now on Sundays time will be diverted to family and friends. I like watching all the games on a sunday but its getting ridiculous now, even comical. I expected plenty of missed calls and difficult judgement situations, but never downright blatant stupidity from them. When a ref cannot tell the difference between a college or NFL rule, or not know how many timeouts to give a team they shouldn't be out there.

Garcia Bronco
09-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Pebble beach golf course. I'll be watching and going to the away games at oak/SD when they let the real refs back on the field. But for now on Sundays time will be diverted to family and friends. I like watching all the games on a sunday but its getting ridiculous now, even comical. I expected plenty of missed calls and difficult judgement situations, but never downright blatant stupidity from them. When a ref cannot tell the difference between a college or NFL rule, or not know how many timeouts to give a team they shouldn't be out there.

I would play Pebble during a Bronco game minus the Super Bowl.

lonestar
09-24-2012, 12:40 PM

hell if I could be on Pebble beach each week I'd DVR the games and watch them during the week..

I think you have your priorities all wrong..:thumbsup:

lonestar
09-24-2012, 12:47 PM
I think they should do just the opposite. I think Fox and Elway should come out and forcefully criticize the replacement refs. Make it an "Us vs Them" situation. Why? Because this would guarantee that every single blown call that goes against the Broncos would be under the media microscope. The narrative would become "Blown call by incompetent refs - Or Malicious ruling by the NFL establishment to punish the team for speaking out?"

*Menonite 101

well there thinking again.. you should stop..

because the NFL does not give crap about a few calls here and there.. they know that mistakes are being made and they I'll repeat it again.. NFL does not give crap about a few calls here and there..

they want the coaches to be civil to their employees..

just like you want people to be civil to you, your family and your employees if you have any..

cutthemdown
09-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Bill Belicheck grabbed a ref by the arm after the game yelling at him.

Bigdawg26
09-24-2012, 01:16 PM
Bill Belicheck grabbed a ref by the arm after the game yelling at him.

Yeah, I better see a 50k fine or suspension for him or Kyle Shanny if they are going to fine Del Rio and Fox for last week.