PDA

View Full Version : Manning will bounce bak..we shud kik ass

Jetmeck
09-21-2012, 10:06 PM
He took responsibility for the picks as a man should.

He has watched more tape and practiced harder than ever
and cannot wait to make up for the Atlanta game.

Historically Manning has rebounded from his few bad games to
a great game and that is what we all hope for.

Houston has looked great but who have they beaten ?
Last I looked Jacksonville and Miami aren't that good.

Houston won their division last year because the
guy we now have under center was missing in action
for the perennial ass beatings he put on Houston.

We have been stopping the run against two pretty good
rushing offenses and I believe they only have the one
really good receiver. Champ will limit Johnson and possibly
make him disappear.

Don't know much about Houston's TEs but we prob have problems there.

WE all know Manning will be chomping at the bit to attone for last week and and at home I see a victory..................

RhymesayersDU
09-21-2012, 10:09 PM
Uh neither of the teams we faced had a running back in the same ballpark, league, or stratosphere as Arian Foster.

Bacchus
09-21-2012, 10:13 PM
Uh neither of the teams we faced had a running back in the same ballpark, league, or stratosphere as Arian Foster.

Well, you could say not Defense Houston has played has played better against the run than Denver.

UberBroncoMan
09-21-2012, 10:56 PM
Don't discount Ben Tate either. He's doing damn good.

This team is better than the Falcons.

DarkHorse30
09-21-2012, 11:12 PM
Houston has faced nothing so far; Denver has faced 2 of the better defenses in the league (Atlanta at home). Consider that Houston has 44 first downs against lesser teams, and Denver has 47 vs. better defenses. The only reason Miami is 1-1 is because they played Oakland. I like our chances and think that Manning will be a little more cautious about throwing ducks into coverage, in this go-around. Also - Denver's offense is only going to get better the more it plays together and our defense is very good at forcing mistakes. I like our chances

maven
09-21-2012, 11:48 PM
Houston has faced nothing so far; Denver has faced 2 of the better defenses in the league (Atlanta at home). Consider that Houston has 44 first downs against lesser teams, and Denver has 47 vs. better defenses. The only reason Miami is 1-1 is because they played Oakland. I like our chances and think that Manning will be a little more cautious about throwing ducks into coverage, in this go-around. Also - Denver's offense is only going to get better the more it plays together and our defense is very good at forcing mistakes. I like our chances

I'm not buying that. Houston is a better team. I will be disappointed, but they definitely can come in and beat Denver.

lonestar
09-22-2012, 12:45 AM
I'm not buying that. Houston is a better team. I will be disappointed, but they definitely can come in and beat Denver.

BETTER Team Yep if for no other reason they have been together longer their DC is better with some really good talent to work with.. Offensively some top notch talent NFL leaders in somecase for the past several years..

neither side of their team is in the learning mode like both sides of ours are..

have this one down as a loss as it stands right now..

Jetmeck
09-22-2012, 02:15 AM
BETTER Team Yep if for no other reason they have been together longer their DC is better with some really good talent to work with.. Offensively some top notch talent NFL leaders in somecase for the past several years..

neither side of their team is in the learning mode like both sides of ours are..

have this one down as a loss as it stands right now..

imagine that.........call me when you pick us

Broncos4tw
09-22-2012, 07:35 AM
Way too much credit it being given to Houston.. both by experts and by people on this board.

We are going to crush them.

AmericanBroncFan
09-22-2012, 08:14 AM
I think Manning will bounce back too but lets be REAL here for a damn minute. Our D has the lowest IQ of any defense in the league. That stupidity and Kubes/Shanny offense will trick them every single play when they're not running it down our throats. This game needs to be a shootout and we need the ball last because STUPID D is no match for Kubes O

Punisher
09-22-2012, 08:25 AM

Yea they're better... But we can beat them and the best team doesn't win the Super Bowl every year i tell ya that.

AmericanBroncFan
09-22-2012, 08:30 AM
Yea they're better... But we can beat them and the best team doesn't win the Super Bowl every year i tell ya that.

GIANTS > pats Its been proven on the field twice on the biggest stage

Punisher
09-22-2012, 08:45 AM
GIANTS > pats Its been proven on the field twice on the biggest stage

:thumbsup:

ColoradoDarin
09-22-2012, 08:49 AM
I'm glad this game is at home.

Captain 'Dre
09-22-2012, 09:20 AM
Way too much credit it being given to Houston.. both by experts and by people on this board.

We are going to crush them.

???

I will be shocked if anybody crushes anybody in this game.

I highly doubt the winner outscores the loser by more than 10 points.

spdirty
09-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Houston deserves every bit as much credit as they are getting. The only reason why they are 2 in the Power rankings is because SF played tougher teams. But they crushed whomever was in front of them so far.

This is a big respect game for them, they will come out fired up. Should be a good game, if we can keep them to 24 or less we have shot. We win and I'll be friggin ecstatic.

jerseyboiler120
09-22-2012, 11:42 AM
Houston is a very good football team. Arian Foster needs no props, but Tate could start for most other squads. Only part not getting much flare so far is Andre Johnson, and that's mainly because they haven't needed to rely on him as much as in the past. Their TE is an emerging force. Not so sure about their D as they haven't played anyone with an offense yet (can't say Dolphins are all of a sudden an offense after scoring on the raiders; there's a few highschool teams in most states that could do that).

But I like us at home. Our defense has looked solid thus far, and Manning has been pissed off this week. That's a good sign!

ZONA
09-22-2012, 12:53 PM
I probably would have picked Houston to win this game if the Broncos simply went to Atlanta, proceeded to turn the ball over 4 times and got flat out whipped.

But that didn't happen. The fact is, on the road, with all those turnovers, with the bad calls, they still almost had a chance to win the game in the end. That speaks volumes about this team.

Houston I think is good - but they're going to come in here and they've got a fight coming, I'll tell you that.

AmericanBroncFan
09-22-2012, 12:59 PM
When Houston runs OUR bootleg, this current D will allow schaub to run 99 yards for a td and still not know where the ball is

TonyR
09-22-2012, 01:06 PM
Broncos are good but they're a work in progress. Still have some weak spots and lack depth. Texans are the real deal and Wade Phillips defenses are always good. Broncos have a shot at home but it's gonna be tough. If I was betting I'd take the Texans. We're a home dog and they're a superior football team until proven otherwise.

HorseHead
09-22-2012, 01:49 PM
I think we get up early..maybe two touchdowns..and hang on in the 4th..

More importantly, what was I smoking when I went homer and picked Decker for FF..:homer:

NFLBRONCO
09-22-2012, 01:59 PM
I want to see Manning play well so fans won't freak out about his health. This is the best and most balanced team we have faced so far. Until pass rush gets better all teams will be tough to beat because we are so weak on D.

Boobs McGee
09-22-2012, 02:55 PM
When Houston runs OUR bootleg, this current D will allow schaub to run 99 yards for a td and still not know where the ball is

My God your a bitch. Flava clown , you contribute negativity and worthless threads to this site. I know this is your alt account, so who are you really?

lonestar
09-22-2012, 02:58 PM
imagine that.........call me when you pick us

I DO not owe you a damned thing..

I call my games as I see them .. Unfortunately this game is a loss as I see. it.

Not being disloyal to the broncos, have been a fan since probably before you were a twinkle in your daddies eye..

Sad to see that your hate for me is showing..

I gave up drinking the cooladie almost a decade ago..

While I hope we win in this case HOU has a hell of a team, loads of talented players, a head coach I respect and DC that is one of the best IF not the best in the NFL and frankly he has horses to unleash on DEN the team that fired him a while back..

there schemes have been in place on O for as long as Kubes has been there and the D scheme has had 12-13 more games in practice with their personnel than ours have.. just a little stat they only allow 10% of the 3rd downs to be converted to 1st down.. lead the league in that we are third from last at 50%..

Not to mention they have loads of top talent on the team.. with more depth..

Sorry as much I would like a win here I do not see it.. other than having a better QB and Champ HOU is ahead of any other players on the team...

Psst Kubes knows Mile high so that is no longer an advantage.

TheReverend
09-22-2012, 03:02 PM

I call my games as I see them .. Unfortunately this game is a loss as I see. it.

Not being disloyal to the broncos, have been a fan since probably before you were a twinkle in your daddies eye..

...are we really SURE that mock passed away?

lonestar
09-22-2012, 03:04 PM
Broncos are good but they're a work in progress. Still have some weak spots and lack depth. Texans are the real deal and Wade Phillips defenses are always good. Broncos have a shot at home but it's gonna be tough. If I was betting I'd take the Texans. We're a home dog and they're a superior football team until proven otherwise.

finally someone without their head up their rectum..

But be prepared for the moron that will attack you just because you think another team might be better..

With good drafts the next couple of years I think we can play with anyone and it will not be a win or loss because of (bad) calls by the refs, the other teams starters being inactive or just plain luck..

lonestar
09-22-2012, 03:07 PM

I have no idea what your trying to say..

TheReverend
09-22-2012, 03:10 PM
I have no idea what your trying to say..

It's not important

menonite
09-22-2012, 03:12 PM
How about a little fire, scarecrow?

http://i.imgur.com/YWzbd.jpg

lonestar
09-22-2012, 03:22 PM
How about a little fire, scarecrow?

http://i.imgur.com/YWzbd.jpg

yes that is scary to anyone that thinks with their head and not their pride.. the guy was a lose except for those two trophy's without them y'all would have ran him out of town a decade before.. with all the bone headed moves he made with player selection..

A 13% rention of round 1-3 players SELECTED by him during his REGIME, some of the guys he chose there were out of the league in 3 years and most coaches would have cut them before that..

You do not build a Winning franchise foundation of drafting well in the 5-7 rounds..

I'll say it again how many Playoff games did we win after John retired?

How many games did we get our asses kicked in the playoffs after John retired.... Not just losing close games, but a real ass kicking?

regular season means squat unless you can carry IT over to the post season..

lonestar
09-22-2012, 03:23 PM
It's not important

thought so..

menonite
09-22-2012, 03:26 PM
ha ha ha

Every time I read one of your classic Shanahan posts I imagine a crazy homeless person in Texas has stolen someones laptap. "The End of the world is nigh! the CIA has put a tracking device in my wisdom tooth! SHANAHAN SHANAHAN!"

cutthemdown
09-22-2012, 03:38 PM
Houston has a better football team then us.

lonestar
09-22-2012, 03:44 PM
ha ha ha

Every time I read one of your classic Shanahan posts I imagine a crazy homeless person in Texas has stolen someones laptap. "The End of the world is nigh! the CIA has put a tracking device in my wisdom tooth! SHANAHAN SHANAHAN!"

so are you getting it yet? that he was not walking on water like loads of folks used to think..

dictionary
09-22-2012, 04:07 PM
Houston has a better football team then us.

Dynamo are good, but I dont think they are that good.

cutthemdown
09-22-2012, 06:21 PM

They aren't so much better we can't beat them, but if we make big mistakes I doubt we win.

Jetmeck
09-22-2012, 07:00 PM
They aren't so much better we can't beat them, but if we make big mistakes I doubt we win.

well yeah like last week.................

cutthemdown
09-22-2012, 08:53 PM

They have a pass rush, are good against the run, have a home run hitting RB and WR. If you think Broncos are in for any sort of probable win I think you are showing you are a homer. In fact I would go as far to say if we don't win the turnover battle we lose. Or if if we give up any big plays on special teams we probably lose. I think we will need a big play from the defense to beat Texans, something like that.

We are a lot better then last yr but I think Texans the toughest matchup yet.

cutthemdown
09-22-2012, 08:59 PM

It wouldn't have to be 3-4 turnovers. We could lose easy with only one bad tunrover. Micheal Turner pretty much washed up when compared to a dynamic back with speed and power like Foster. Also Andre Johnson still better then either of the atl WR, IMO. I realize hes getting older but still a stud.

They have a solid defense also, so Broncos will need to play their best, maybe over their heads on defense to make it happen.

nyuk nyuk
09-22-2012, 08:59 PM
Wade Phillips always coaches top defenses. This won't be easy in the least.

Pick Six
09-22-2012, 09:16 PM
Manning mad. Broncos roll. Fire hot.

lonestar
09-22-2012, 09:34 PM
They have a pass rush, are good against the run, have a home run hitting RB and WR. If you think Broncos are in for any sort of probable win I think you are showing you are a homer. In fact I would go as far to say if we don't win the turnover battle we lose. Or if if we give up any big plays on special teams we probably lose. I think we will need a big play from the defense to beat Texans, something like that.

We are a lot better then last yr but I think Texans the toughest matchup yet.

lonestar
09-22-2012, 09:38 PM
Wade Phillips always coaches top defenses. This won't be easy in the least.
:thumbs:
in fact his defense in DEN maybe be that last good ones we have had..

I say that knowing that our Superbowl teams were good but mainly because at one point in the game we had a 3 TD lead early in the game..

But then come to think of it many of those games became close in the closing minutes.. and in some John had to save the day again getting the lead back in the final few minutes..

Jetmeck
09-22-2012, 10:47 PM
AS long as we hold onto the ball I like our chances at home.
Manning has shown us what he is still capable of.

lonestar
09-22-2012, 10:51 PM
AS long as we hold onto the ball I like our chances at home.
Manning has shown us what he is still capable of.

lets hope..

Bacchus
09-22-2012, 10:52 PM

What games have you been watching? Denver Defense has played very well against two good offenses.

DENVERDUI55
09-22-2012, 10:53 PM
:thumbs:
in fact his defense in DEN maybe be that last good ones we have had..

I say that knowing that our Superbowl teams were good but mainly because at one point in the game we had a 3 TD lead early in the game..

But then come to think of it many of those games became close in the closing minutes.. and in some John had to save the day again getting the lead back in the final few minutes..

Our Superbowl defenses weren't great statistically but they were good at making big plays and turnovers. They also stepped up with some clutch playoff games.

DENVERDUI55
09-22-2012, 10:56 PM
My God your a b****. Flava clown , you contribute negativity and worthless threads to this site. I know this is your alt account, so who are you really?

I think this guy is a KC or Raider troll.

lonestar
09-23-2012, 12:31 AM
What games have you been watching? Denver Defense has played very well against two good offenses.

ignore him he is a fake..

lonestar
09-23-2012, 12:32 AM
Our Superbowl defenses weren't great statistically but they were good at making big plays and turnovers. They also stepped up with some clutch playoff games.

:thumbsup: but not much since..

DENVERDUI55
09-23-2012, 12:52 AM
:thumbsup: but not much since..

Yep I miss the defense that had AS STARTERS john engelberger, Mays Webster, boss bailey, a slew a S that included Lowery, McCree. At DT had some gem of retread bandaids too. I know you know about them I think half of the starters were out of league the next year.

canadianbroncosfan
09-23-2012, 02:43 AM
IDK if we'll "kik ass" but this is certainly a winnable game for Denver, if they play smart, error free football.

We match up well against Houston, which is why it's only a 1.5 pt spread for the Texans.

Our run defense is good but they'll need to prove it with arguably the best 1-2 RB in the league with Foster and Tate.

Manning obviously can't start the way he did against Atlanta, goes without saying. I really think he needs to slow the game down, for at least the first half. Get a rhythm going with the WRs. It will also allow him to do what he does, and read the defense.

This game isn't a write off for us like so many (even here) expect. I will be disappointed if we lose because I know we CAN win and prove that we can hang with the big boys.

eddie mac
09-23-2012, 10:41 AM
Interesting breakdown on the tape from Jaworski on the 3 picks last week. He stated categorically that Manning wasn't to blame for any of them.

Pick 1 Tamme got bullied inside into the coverage = pick on Tamme
Pick 2 Decker ran his route too short leaving DeCoud free to double cover Stokley's route = pick on Decker
Pick 3 Thomas didn't run his route at full speed thus giving McClain the opportunity to turn and reroute to cover Stokley = pick on Thomas.

Now everyone is gonna say yeah of course Ron's a QB so he's gonna say that but go and look at the picks again and see if you agree. At worst I'd say 1 is on Peyton and these ****ing receivers bar Stokes need to get on the same wavelength.

TonyR
09-23-2012, 10:49 AM
We match up well against Houston, which is why it's only a 1.5 pt spread for the Texans.

Well that and the fact that the Broncos are at home.

TonyR
09-23-2012, 10:51 AM
Interesting breakdown on the tape from Jaworski on the 3 picks last week. He stated categorically that Manning wasn't to blame for any of them.

That is interesting. And kudos to PM for taking the blame as a leader should.

razorwire77
09-23-2012, 10:57 AM

Ha!

Definitely channeling his inner Mock.

lonestar
09-23-2012, 11:53 AM
IDK if we'll "kik ass" but this is certainly a winnable game for Denver, if they play smart, error free football.

Our run defense is good but they'll need to prove it with arguably the best 1-2 RB in the league with Foster and Tate.

Manning obviously can't start the way he did against Atlanta, goes without saying. I really think he needs to slow the game down, for at least the first half. Get a rhythm going with the WRs. It will also allow him to do what he does, and read the defense.

This game isn't a write off for us like so many (even here) expect. I will be disappointed if we lose because I know we CAN win and prove that we can hang with the big boys.

which really means that they have given the 3 points teams normally get as the home team.. which really means we are 4.5 dogs..

lonestar
09-23-2012, 11:59 AM

Pick 1 Tamme got bullied inside into the coverage = pick on Tamme
Pick 2 Decker ran his route too short leaving DeCoud free to double cover Stokley's route = pick on Decker
Pick 3 Thomas didn't run his route at full speed thus giving McClain the opportunity to turn and reroute to cover Stokley = pick on Thomas.

Now everyone is gonna say yeah of course Ron's a QB so he's gonna say that but go and look at the picks again and see if you agree. At worst I'd say 1 is on Peyton and these ****ing receivers bar Stokes need to get on the same wavelength.

yep and igf you think it is going to be there soon forget it..

manning worked with some of his guys in INDY for years before tehy were the machine they were..

I saw somewhere that there are not just 1 read to make in this offense..

But as many as 3 for each receiver, it is not only how the defender lines up but how they allow you off the line and then there was another read after that.. all of this Manning has down in his mind now it it up to the kiddies to get it also.. and other than Tamme and Stokley have it but all the others have to get it also..

If stokely and Tamme are covered Manning has to know that when he release the ball before the others make their cut they will be there to get it..

lonestar
09-23-2012, 05:04 PM

how about now..

lonestar
09-23-2012, 05:38 PM

While I hope we win in this case HOU has a hell of a team, loads of talented players, a head coach I respect and DC that is one of the best IF not the best in the NFL and frankly he has horses to unleash on DEN the team that fired him a while back..

there schemes have been in place on O for as long as Kubes has been there and the D scheme has had 12-13 more games in practice with their personnel than ours have.. just a little stat they only allow 10% of the 3rd downs to be converted to 1st down.. lead the league in that we are third from last at 50%..

Not to mention they have loads of top talent on the team.. with more depth..

Sorry as much I would like a win here I do not see it.. other than having a better QB and Champ HOU is ahead of any other players on the team...

Psst Kubes knows Mile high so that is no longer an advantage.

Told y'all that is a hell of a team.. we are still building..

fontaine
09-23-2012, 05:59 PM
We're going to be fine.

The OL/WRs/Safeties had their worst game so far all at the same time and once the defense got it's head out of its azz we outscored the Texans in the 2nd half.

The OL just needs to play with consistency and Ramirez got shown up today but the Texans are a legitimate super bowl contender and just outclassed us today in the trenches.

One thing's for certain though, we need to START with more no huddle instead of just late in the game.

This is the third straight week where the offense just looked piss poor in the first quarter and finished on fire in the 2nd half.

cutthemdown
09-23-2012, 06:43 PM
We're going to be fine.

The OL/WRs/Safeties had their worst game so far all at the same time and once the defense got it's head out of its azz we outscored the Texans in the 2nd half.

The OL just needs to play with consistency and Ramirez got shown up today but the Texans are a legitimate super bowl contender and just outclassed us today in the trenches.

One thing's for certain though, we need to START with more no huddle instead of just late in the game.

This is the third straight week where the offense just looked piss poor in the first quarter and finished on fire in the 2nd half.

Broncos are better and making progress unfortunatly they play a really tough schedule full of teams that at this point have more weapons then Denver does. It may be next yr we have a realistic chance a deep run into the playoffs. Broncos need help at weakside, and middle linebacker. Also at this point the offense lacks weapons. The WR pretty good but the TE and Rbs don't scare anyone. Broncos need a big time weapon at one of those spots.

lonestar
09-23-2012, 10:28 PM
We're going to be fine.

good analysis

However I did not get to see the beginning of the game because once again an east coast team NYJ and MIA played to a TIE again.. and because fo the Hedi law they could not cut away..until it was done.. Last time it was CLE-CIN missed all but about two minutes in the first half..

toady I got to see the game after we were down those 3 TD's however redzone showed those passes and TD run over and over..

But losing the TOP each week, will put L's up almost every time..

I'm glad we came back but that takes a toll on the players..

maven
09-23-2012, 10:58 PM
Broncos are better and making progress unfortunatly they play a really tough schedule full of teams that at this point have more weapons then Denver does. It may be next yr we have a realistic chance a deep run into the playoffs. Broncos need help at weakside, and middle linebacker. Also at this point the offense lacks weapons. The WR pretty good but the TE and Rbs don't scare anyone. Broncos need a big time weapon at one of those spots.

Denver is just slow at the skill positions. And it hurts that the QB cannot air it out deep like Schaub was able to do today.

NFLBRONCO
09-23-2012, 11:08 PM
Also at this point the offense lacks weapons. The WR position needs upgrades too but the TE and Rbs don't scare anyone. Broncos need a big time weapon at all of those spots.

Fixed it

Denver needs a solid #2 WR
Denver needs a real TE
Denver needs another stud RB
OL needs to get healthy

I really think think FO dropped ball on not adding another RB that's an actual upgrade (besides Hillman) to ease growing pains.