PDA

View Full Version : The Scabs are Pathetic.

Natedogg
09-21-2012, 09:20 AM
Videos of their worst calls from week 2.

http://deadspin.com/5944976/theyre-getting-worse-not-better-here-are-the-28-worst-replacement-official-mistakes-from-week-2

The terrible call on the Knoshon fumble didn't make it for some reason (but then phantom "PI" call on Carter did.)

As iaofm points out, that terrible call on the fumble recovery really screwed us and made the game a whole bunch tougher on us.

The league fined Falcons DE Ray Edwards $8K for a late hit, but still nothing for contacting an official, which should have gotten him ejected from the game after Knowshon Moreno's fumble. Let's see, it should have been Denver ball at the Atlanta 32 with the score 10-0, and Edwards tossed. Instead, It was Atlanta ball at the 17, and Edwards got to stick around. Of course, the statistics will show that the refs called a penalty, so everything is okay, right?

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/tim-tebow-superman-apparently-lard

That One Guy
09-21-2012, 09:30 AM
In an article immediately after the fumble, PFT commented that one of the Broncos (Walton or Beadles, I think it was) was seen grabbing an official and pulling him off the pile. They said he should've been ejected and wasn't. These blown calls go both ways.

And before anyone comes screaming to a blind Denver defense, no I won't go find the clip and prove the point. Just saying it was reported and I trust PFT when they report something to be so in such a case.

Natedogg
09-21-2012, 09:38 AM
In an article immediately after the fumble, PFT commented that one of the Broncos (Walton or Beadles, I think it was) was seen grabbing an official and pulling him off the pile. They said he should've been ejected and wasn't. These blown calls go both ways.

And before anyone comes screaming to a blind Denver defense, no I won't go find the clip and prove the point. Just saying it was reported and I trust PFT when they report something to be so in such a case.

??

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-21-2012, 09:38 AM

Which part of that gave the ball to the wrong team?

That One Guy
09-21-2012, 09:41 AM
Which part of that gave the ball to the wrong team?

Not arguing that angle at all. Either the refs saw something we didn't or they're just retarded. No other real options, there.

I was commenting on the other aspect of that. I thought it'd be obvious when I made the comparison. Never underestimate the depths to which annoying little ****s will go to make a point, though.

Natedogg
09-21-2012, 10:41 AM
Week one. http://deadspin.com/5941958/here-are-the-21-worst-replacement-referee-mistakes-from-sunday

DBroncos4life
09-21-2012, 10:55 AM

Lol you're such a tool. Are you related to a scab?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Not arguing that angle at all. Either the refs saw something we didn't or they're just retarded. No other real options, there.

I was commenting on the other aspect of that. I thought it'd be obvious when I made the comparison. Never underestimate the depths to which annoying little ****s will go to make a point, though.

Indeed. You think the problem anyone has with the scabs is that they did or didn't kick someone out of a game, and your argument backs that up.

I'd say the majority of people are upset about the game outcomes being affected, not whether or not someone was booted for touching a ref, but keep up the good derp.

Play2win
09-21-2012, 12:17 PM
Videos of their worst calls from week 2.

http://deadspin.com/5944976/theyre-getting-worse-not-better-here-are-the-28-worst-replacement-official-mistakes-from-week-2

I fully believe the ref thought Carter was going to make that interception, so he let the laundry fly.

Play2win
09-21-2012, 12:23 PM
I'd say the majority of people are upset about the game outcomes being affected, not whether or not someone was booted for touching a ref, but keep up the good derp.

That, and if things don't change, there is going to be a stadium-sized rugby scrum, unless the referees– any referee, just one... Mans up, and show some remote possible form of leadership... at all...

Blueflame
09-21-2012, 01:59 PM
That, and if things don't change, there is going to be a stadium-sized rugby scrum, unless the referees– any referee, just one... Mans up, and show some remote possible form of leadership... at all...

Yep... eliminating all consequences for touching a referee will mean loss of control of such situations and people (players, officials... everyone) will risk being actually injured as a result. And how do they re-establish the automatic ejection precedent after doing nothing last Monday? Guess wild inconsistency is "no problem" for the NFL whose "official position" is that the "replacements are doing a fine job".

fontaine
09-21-2012, 02:44 PM
I don't really blame the replacement refs. They're obviously not experienced enough to do a good job. It's like having a replacement team.

The blame lies on the NFL for letting something like this affect the quality of the games when they should have worked something out a long time ago.

edog24
09-21-2012, 02:59 PM
Indeed. You think the problem anyone has with the scabs is that they did or didn't kick someone out of a game, and your argument backs that up.

One of the Falcons obviously smacked an official and knocked his hat off, no ejection, I even think the penalties were offsetting.

That One Guy
09-21-2012, 03:02 PM

There's proof of ref contact. There's no proof of what the ref saw or didn't see that made him rule Atl. Any dialog on that ruling is purely opinion. It might've been more significant of a call but it's still a debatable ruling to non-homers.

Play2win
09-21-2012, 03:13 PM
I don't really blame the replacement refs. They're obviously not experienced enough to do a good job. It's like having a replacement team.

The blame lies on the NFL for letting something like this affect the quality of the games when they should have worked something out a long time ago.

Bull****. Either don't take the job, or if you are getting in a job over your head: LEARN FAST!

fontaine
09-22-2012, 04:43 AM
Bull****. Either don't take the job, or if you are getting in a job over your head: LEARN FAST!

Yes, the refs have to learn and get better. But it isn't going to happen over a few weeks.

This isn't like flippin' burgers when even a lot of coaches/players get confused over the rules.

Like Jeff Fisher threw a challenge flag for a turnover in the last two minutes. The play was automatically revieweable so Fisher didn't need to challenge and technically should have been flagged for throwing a challenge flag himself.

When one of the most experienced coaches in the league forgets/doesn't know, I guess he shouldn't have taken the job right?
;D

TomServo
09-23-2012, 01:57 AM
i dont think any of these guys have blown the coin toss yet. Oyeah those "pro refs" blew the coin toss once before.