PDA

View Full Version : DOOOOM tied for the league lead in QB Pressures..

ludo21
09-20-2012, 10:59 AM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/09/20/32-observations-week-2/

AFC West

Denver Broncos: In 2011 Elvis Dumervil went eight straight games with a sack late in the season. While he doesn’t have a sack yet this year, he has 13 overall pressures which ties him for the most among defensive linemen.

Have some of those holds actually called and the OL might let up and he would have a couple sacks already. :thumbsup:

bronco militia
09-20-2012, 11:05 AM
http://www.visualphotos.com/photo/2x4675148/male_football_referee_making_holding_call_u1295249 8.jpg

start throwing the flags, ya friggen amateurs

Beantown Bronco
09-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Interesting. I'd like to hear from the 10+ posters that have been laying into him constantly the last 10 days simply because he doesn't have any actual sacks.

Memento
09-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Hard to get to the qb when the other team is doing the quick-drop-fire-the-ball-outta-there thing (because of our rush), and our D is playing the keep-everything-in-front-of-you thing (don't give up the big plays).

Dedhed
09-20-2012, 11:24 AM
The pressure off the edges has been consistent from Doom and Von, and I haven't jumped on the "Doom Sucks" idiot wagon. The problem is that when the QB has been flushed the LBs and DTs have lost contain and both Ryan and the rapist were able to make plays either running the ball or finding WRs outside of the pocket.

DBroncos4life
09-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Can't be true. Money be weighing him down.

Natedog24
09-20-2012, 11:28 AM
But I thought Doom was playing terribly this year :)

lonestar
09-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Interesting. I'd like to hear from the 10+ posters that have been laying into him constantly the last 10 days simply because he doesn't have any actual sacks.

actually I'm one and while pressure are good, we are not paying him to give the QB a handshake we are paying HIM HUGE bucks to put him on the ground..

Imagine paying for a Mercedes and getting a pinto instead.. Just maybe you might ask for a refund..

BTW it is Miller who seems to be being doubled up each week and doom appears to be swallowed alive by the OT all by his lonesome..

Now I have not studied the tapes minutely but what I have seen is we are not getting the bang for the bucks we paid..

Dedhed
09-20-2012, 11:34 AM
actually I'm one and while pressure are good, we are not paying him to give the QB a handshake we are paying HIM HUGE bucks to put him on the ground..

Imagine paying for a Mercedes and getting a pinto instead.. Just maybe you might ask for a refund..

BTW it is Miller who seems to be being doubled up each week and doom appears to be swallowed alive by the OT all by his lonesome..

Now I have not studied the tapes minutely but what I have seen is we are not getting the bang for the bucks we paid..
Leading the league in QB pressures hardly fits your Pinto analogy.

fontaine
09-20-2012, 11:35 AM

I have for the first game, and that's why I can say you're pretty much wrong.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-20-2012, 11:41 AM
Flava Clown

Beantown Bronco
09-20-2012, 11:47 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HXKOsajNZY4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That One Guy
09-20-2012, 11:48 AM
So many coming to Doom's defense. I wonder how many were so active in all the threads saying he sucked?

More power to them if he they think that's accurate but I have visions of him getting completely obliterated by Baker the other day still in my mind. If they call that a pressure just because Baker got pushed within 2-3 feet of the QB, so be it. I don't see the major impact in that. Also, when the QB flushes, quite often it was to the left.

Then even if he is getting pressures, they're great but they aren't the impending doom type plays that cause erratic throws, force fumbles, etc. So he needs to pick it up no matter which metric you use.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-20-2012, 11:53 AM
http://www.visualphotos.com/photo/2x4675148/male_football_referee_making_holding_call_u1295249 8.jpg

start throwing the flags, ya friggen amateurs

What are you talking about?

Things are perfect. Something something SOSHULISMZ.

bronco militia
09-20-2012, 11:55 AM
http://www.yardbarker.com/media/a/c/ac92594bb081e3744b2da409f3784cc7a500bac4/xl/Roger-Goodell-sign.jpg

Goobzilla
09-20-2012, 12:07 PM
"Almost" sacks? Get some real ones instead.

crush17
09-20-2012, 12:07 PM
Hard to get to the qb when the other team is doing the quick-drop-fire-the-ball-outta-there thing (because of our rush), and our D is playing the keep-everything-in-front-of-you thing (don't give up the big plays).

THIS.

It kills me that nobody recognizes this fact. Atlanta was 3 step drop and throw the entire game. Barely any time for a pass rush to do any damage, and actually a very smart game plan on their part.

Memento
09-20-2012, 12:15 PM
THIS.

It kills me that nobody recognizes this fact. Atlanta was 3 step drop and throw the entire game. Barely any time for a pass rush to do any damage, and actually a very smart game plan on their part.

We need to play with a lead sometime. Then you'd see the sacks really kick in (like the final moments of the Pittsburgh game). Our rush is lethal. Other teams know it and plan for it (or against it).

lonestar
09-20-2012, 12:19 PM

so did i miss any sacks in those two games

earth to fontaine

we are paying him to sack the QB... not breath on him..

lonestar
09-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Leading the league in QB pressures hardly fits your Pinto analogy.

does not make it a Mercedes does it..

Pat is paying for hell not even a Mercedes but a Lamborghini and he is not getting it or has not in games 1-2 this year..

any of these pressure result in anything less than a first down?

Beantown Bronco
09-20-2012, 12:32 PM
The average of the top 10 sack guys last year was less than 1 sack per game. It's an overrated stat.

Chris
09-20-2012, 12:37 PM
Pressures aren't sacks. Shall we create another silly in between stat? Like almost sacks? Von is dominating him in almost sacks.

MagicHef
09-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Wow, it's almost like I posted this two days ago, in the other Dumervil thread:

Actually, there isn't a DE in the league with more pressures than Dumervil, they just haven't turned into sacks. Yet.

Same thing for Miller. There isn't an OLB in the league with more pressures than Miller, but they have turned into sacks for him.

ludo21
09-20-2012, 01:07 PM
I go back and forth with this stuff.

I love the QB pressures provided a turnover is obtained, but if it just for the QB to throw it away then obviously a sack and loss of yardage is important.

Doom has been held like crazy ( i know all DE's are, but Im biased) and would have multiple sack already if not the offense would have been deducted 30 yards or so at least.

fontaine
09-20-2012, 01:21 PM

earth to fontaine

Again that's where you're wrong. The team is playing and paying him to put pressure on the QB whether it be hits, sacks, hurries, forced fumbles whatever.

Just like Doom having a 4 sack game against Cleveland a few years ago against Brady Statue Quinn had to be taken into context the same applies to the hurries he's forced. If you can't grasp that basic concept then that's a failing on your part, not Dumervil's.

enjolras
09-20-2012, 01:35 PM

I posted detailed analysis of the second half of the first game, and <del>Macgruber</del> Lonestar even responded to it by telling me that I was wrong, based on nothing.

enjolras
09-20-2012, 01:37 PM
Those pressures have resulted in a ton of incomplete passes and sacks for other players (two of Von's sacks were the direct result of Dumervil pressures). It's hardly a worthless stat.

NFLBRONCO
09-20-2012, 01:37 PM
I was one of those people that have been disappointed in Doom so far. I think the article is surprising because I haven't noticed him so far except a few times. Maybe the people here are smarter then I am on this subject. I guess if our LB'er's and S position was better I'd probably wouldn't be caring so much. Since they do I look for massive pressure from Doom.

lonestar
09-20-2012, 02:00 PM
The average of the top 10 sack guys last year was less than 1 sack per game. It's an overrated stat.

well so far he is -2 and if he is going to contend for the leadership in sacks he like a -5 at this point..

if it overrated, then why is he paid so much till this year his run defense was at best poor..

the guy was paid for sacking the QB so far NADA..

wolf754life
09-20-2012, 02:01 PM
14 million dollars, bowlen is pissed off, elway is pissed, he has been told to step it up. If he keeps this up he will be gone next year. Thats a fact. Huuuuuge week for him this week, time to show up.

lonestar
09-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Pressures aren't sacks. Shall we create another silly in between stat? Like almost sacks? Von is dominating him in almost sacks.
yes I can say that he is indeed putting pressure on the QB much of the time being double and triple teamed.... so far I have not seen that intensity from doom.. even though he has been basically one on one with OTs.

BTW He is not getting the REALLY big bucks that doom is either..

Beantown Bronco
09-20-2012, 02:03 PM
well so far he is -2 and if he is going to contend for the leadership in sacks he like a -5 at this point..

if it overrated, then why is he paid so much till this year his run defense was at best poor..

the guy was paid for sacking the QB so far NADA..

:spit:

maven
09-20-2012, 02:11 PM
14 million dollars, bowlen is pissed off, elway is pissed, he has been told to step it up. If he keeps this up he will be gone next year. Thats a fact. Huuuuuge week for him this week, time to show up.

Guaranteed money:

2013-$12 million
2014-$10 million
2015-$9 million

lonestar
09-20-2012, 02:11 PM
Those pressures have resulted in a ton of incomplete passes and sacks for other players (two of Von's sacks were the direct result of Dumervil pressures). It's hardly a worthless stat.

but but but no sacks for big bucks doom right?

and where they incomplete because of the so called pressure or just dropped or misthrown.. Something I doubt you can prove..

the one trick pony was signed to sack the QB not make nice with him..

lonestar
09-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Guaranteed money:

2013-$12 million
2014-$10 million
2015-$9 million

a lot of sheckles for making nice nice with the OT of the week.. IIRC Starks was not even their starting OLT and/or had been hurt..

~Crash~
09-20-2012, 02:18 PM
I was one of those people that have been disappointed in Doom so far. I think the article is surprising because I haven't noticed him so far except a few times. Maybe the people here are smarter then I am on this subject. I guess if our LB'er's and S position was better I'd probably wouldn't be caring so much. Since they do I look for massive pressure from Doom.

NFL and all that is worried you need not worry The NFL is behind the no holding call with these Reffs. The reason Devile is not getting to the QB!

The reffs probably been told to tell these yahoo Reffs to not call holding on the OL . I wish the NFL would keep this practic even if the real reffs come back . why you say a DL that bitchs about holding is a epic pussy and I don't want them on the team ! get in there and Kick your mans ass in front of you no F'n excuses

wolf754life
09-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Guaranteed money:

2013-$12 million
2014-$10 million
2015-$9 million

base salary, 14 million with bonus

Play2win
09-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Jordan didn't get calls for a while, but when he did LOOK OUT...

Hopefully Doom can realize his inner Jordan to some degree.

Play2win
09-20-2012, 02:25 PM
We still REALLY need a force to push in the middle. When we do, both VON & DOOM will truly become dynamic– a force you can't ignore.

maven
09-20-2012, 02:26 PM
base salary, 14 million with bonus

We have him in his prime. He's not going anywhere.

lonestar
09-20-2012, 02:28 PM
We have him in his prime. He's not doing anything to earn it..

fixed that for you..:thumbsup:

maven
09-20-2012, 02:33 PM
fixed that for you..:thumbsup:

It's only been two weeks. Now if we are talking week 12 with zero sacks. Burry his ASS!

;D

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-20-2012, 02:33 PM
I've never seen a fanbase turn so fast on players than the broncos. 2 games in and people are already screaming for his release. Meanwhile you have fans giving Moreno 9 lives. Broncos country is dysfunctional to say the least

Beantown Bronco
09-20-2012, 02:35 PM
I've never seen a fanbase turn so fast on players than the broncos. 2 games in and people are already screaming for his release. Meanwhile you have fans giving Moreno 9 lives.

I don't think you'll find one person that is pro-Moreno but anti-Dum.

DivineLegion
09-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Well well well I drafted Elvis in my IDP Fantasy league, and he's not living up to his fantasy oriented statistical demand!Pat Bowlen is throwing his money away on a guy who isn't doing **** for my fantasy world. We all know fantasy has roots in reality, and statistics tell the whole story of how a player is performing. C'mon guys get with it!

Cool Story Bro!

lonestar
09-20-2012, 02:40 PM
I've never seen a fanbase turn so fast on players than the broncos. 2 games in and people are already screaming for his release. Meanwhile you have fans giving Moreno 9 lives. Broncos country is dysfunctional to say the least

who has called for his release?

I have not seen on post regarding that and many for canning moreno..

ME THINKS you have been tipping the bottle earlier than you should be..

lonestar
09-20-2012, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Well well well I drafted Elvis in my IDP Fantasy league, and he's not living up to his fantasy oriented statistical demand!Pat Bowlen is throwing his money away on a guy who isn't doing **** for my fantasy world. We all know fantasy has roots in reality, and statistics tell the whole story of how a player is performing. C'mon guys get with it!

Cool Story Bro!

ahahahaha

sorry son not playing FF this year have not had time for it since my daughter started playing sports in JHS all the way through college 8 years now.

But I might do so next year.

DivineLegion
09-20-2012, 02:52 PM
ahahahaha

sorry son not playing FF this year have not had time for it since my daughter started playing sports in JHS all the way through college 8 years now.

But I might do so next year.

Do you watch the games then? Maybe your one of those guys who waits until the defense is on the field to take a piss. I don't understand how you could think that Elvis is playing at a noncompetative level. We have to be watching two completely diffrent teams.

crush17
09-20-2012, 02:52 PM
This thread is so full of bullsh!t comments its not even worth reading anymore. Apparently wolf75life has a direct line to Dove Valley now.

Who knew???

DivineLegion
09-20-2012, 02:54 PM
This thread is so full of bull**** comments its not even worth reading anymore. Apparently wolf75life has a direct line to Dove Valley now.

Who knew???

Nothing new there he's always seemed to think so.

enjolras
09-20-2012, 02:54 PM

There has been a bunch of stupid sh*t posted on the mane over the years. TONS of shrill knee-jerk reactions (Decker's "drops" spring to mind last year)... but this is just fascinatingly retarded.

You think if Doom doesn't get a sack in week 3 that we're going to get rid of him next season? Are you serious? That would be the single stupidest decision made by this organization in the last 15 years, and we drafted Maurice Clarret.

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-20-2012, 03:09 PM
who has called for his release?

I have not seen on post regarding that and many for canning moreno..

ME THINKS you have been tipping the bottle earlier than you should be..
Wolfe754life says:

Overpaid, Flava Clown,

So to Recap:

Denver Defense Top 3 flava clowns

1) DJ "urine spilling" Williams
2) Rahim "the Dream".....Ur THE INT DROP" Moore
3) Gun Toting, no Sacking, High Paid Miami Lifestyle Bull Rushing Elvis Dumervil

Von is getting doubled and tripled while Dumervil is getting swallowed by Max Starts and Sam Baker.
-----

I'm pretty sure this dude wants him released Lonestar

lonestar
09-20-2012, 03:11 PM
There has been a bunch of stupid sh*t posted on the mane over the years. TONS of shrill knee-jerk reactions (Decker's "drops" spring to mind last year)... but this is just fascinatingly retarded.

You think if Doom doesn't get a sack in week 3 that we're going to get rid of him next season? Are you serious? That would be the single stupidest decision made by this organization in the last 15 years, and we drafted Maurice Clarret.

hit this out of the park.. But there have been a lot of stupid decisions made in the past 15 years..

just look at the #1 choices we have made since the Lombardi's came to town..

and then there was one that I still do not get using a #54 pick to get a one handed WR from a small school no less..

Now granted it was not 49 million dollar contract but..almost anyone one on this list would have been better..
55 Jacksonville Jaguars Greg Jones RB Florida State
56 Cincinnati Bengals Madieu Williams FS Maryland
57 Tennessee Titans Antwan Odom DE Alabama
58 San Francisco 49ers Shawntae Spencer CB Pittsburgh
59 Cleveland Browns Sean Jones SAF Georgia
60 New Orleans Saints Courtney Watson MLB Notre Dame
61 Kansas City Chiefs Kris Wilson TE Pittsburgh
62 Carolina Panthers Keary Colbert WR USC
63 New England Patriots Marquise Hill DE Louisiana State
2004 - Round 3
SEL # TEAM PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL
64 Arizona Cardinals Darnell Dockett DT Florida State
65 San Diego Chargers Nate Kaeding K Iowa
66 San Diego Chargers Nick Hardwick C Purdue
67 Oakland Raiders Stuart Schweigert SAF Purdue
68 Indianapolis Colts Ben Hartsock TE Ohio State
69 Indianapolis Colts Gilbert Gardner LB Purdue
70 Green Bay Packers Joey Thomas CB Montana State
71 Tennessee Titans Randy Starks DT Maryland
72 Green Bay Packers Donnell Washington DT Clemson
73 Detroit Lions Keith Smith CB McNeese State
74 Buffalo Bills Tim Anderson DT Ohio State
75 Pittsburgh Steelers Max Starks T Florida

many of them are still playing a t very high level and a couple last week kicked our ass..

DivineLegion
09-20-2012, 03:12 PM

Come on enjolras you know the IQ of the orange mane drops 30 points after a loss. Cut em' some slack, what else are they going to do, say something positive?

lonestar
09-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Wolfe754life says:

Overpaid, Flava Clown,

So to Recap:

3) Gun Toting, no Sacking, High Paid Miami Lifestyle Bull Rushing Elvis Dumervil

Von is getting doubled and tripled while Dumervil is getting swallowed by Max Starts and Sam Baker.
-----

sorry but while I do not have him on IGGY i usually skip over his posts or read the first few words and move on..

Let me rephrase that no one credible has asked for him to be released..

that better?

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-20-2012, 03:21 PM
sorry but while I do not have him on IGGY i usually skip over his posts or read the first few words and move on..

Let me rephrase that no one credible has asked for him to be released..

that better?

Much better. But unfortunately the OM is just a fraction of the fanbase. I shouldve clarified better that I was talking about "the broncos fanbase" and not the OM

lonestar
09-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Much better. But unfortunately the OM is just a fraction of the fanbase. I shouldve clarified better that I was talking about "the broncos fanbase" and not the OM

being in the middle of cowgirls country it is hard for me to judge what the rest of the world is doing..

Unfortunately OM and IAOFM are about my only links to fans of the team..

Broncos country has way to many kiddies on it not that many here are not..

But listening to kiddies tell the world they know more about the NFL, kiddies for the most part grew up on madden or FF are put of touch with the real game.. Most of us older guys actually played the game and have a clue about the game..

wolf754life
09-20-2012, 03:41 PM
Wolfe754life says:

Overpaid, Flava Clown,

So to Recap:

-----

Cool story bro, actually I want him to sack some Quarterbacks, actually run the horn, or find a way to man up and sack a qb on third down, stop complaining about being held etc..........basically to do his job, you know, the one where he is paid magnificently to do? Not flash guns at motorists in Miami......

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-20-2012, 03:44 PM
being in the middle of cowgirls country it is hard for me to judge what the rest of the world is doing..

Unfortunately OM and IAOFM are about my only links to fans of the team..

Broncos country has way to many kiddies on it not that many here are not..

But listening to kiddies tell the world they know more about the NFL, kiddies for the most part grew up on madden or FF are put of touch with the real game.. Most of us older guys actually played the game and have a clue about the game..

I understand what you are saying about the new kids. They never grew up on Electric Football. Now that was fun.

lonestar
09-20-2012, 03:45 PM
I understand what you are saying about the new kids. They never grew up on Electric Football. Now that was fun.

you had electricity?

nyuk nyuk
09-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Surely this excluded the Falcons game? The lack of pressure on the QB was just SAD.

nyuk nyuk
09-20-2012, 03:48 PM

Wait, wait... How about this impromtu name?

DJ "urine trouble" Williams??!!!

!Booya!

maher_tyler
09-20-2012, 03:49 PM

I've seen him push the LT back into the QB on bull rushes. More times than not he is doing a bull rush. I think it is an attempt to try get pressure on the QB while not leaving a gapping hole for the RB to run through due to him being so far up field. We've been above average stopping the run, i'm guessing that will continue. Again, we saw what the pass rush can do once they are turned loose (end of Pitt game). Until we can build a multi score lead, i suspect we'll see much of the same.

wolf754life
09-20-2012, 03:51 PM
I've seen him push the LT back into the QB on bull rushes. More times than not he is doing a bull rush. I think it is an attempt to try get pressure on the QB while not leaving a gapping hole for the RB to run through due to him being so far up field. We've been above average stopping the run, i'm guessing that will continue. Again, we saw what the pass rush can do once they are turned loose (end of Pitt game). Until we can build a multi score lead, i suspect we'll see much of the same.

weak argument, how about we turn up the pass rush anytime in the game when its 3rd and 7 or longer? You seem to think we can just turn it up anytime we want? Delusional to say the least................The pass rush starts and ends with #92, and until he steps it up teams will focus solely on Miller.

lonestar
09-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Surely this excluded the Falcons game? The lack of pressure on the QB was just SAD.

hope both weeks included..

your correct SAD..:thumbsup:

maher_tyler
09-20-2012, 04:04 PM
weak argument, how about we turn up the pass rush anytime in the game when its 3rd and 7 or longer? You seem to think we can just turn it up anytime we want? Delusional to say the least................The pass rush starts and ends with #92, and until he steps it up teams will focus solely on Miller.

You're an idiot to say the least. It's obvious the JDR D is geared toward stopping the run. We have basically the same guys we did last year minus DJ and Bunkley. Add Wolfe. How are we suddenly better at stopping the run?? The two teams we played used a quick passing attack. Not mentioning they were pretty good QBs. We have seen first hand how a good QB can make a O line look better.

Eldorado
09-20-2012, 04:06 PM
I'm just posting so I can come back and enjoy the mad back pedaling in a couple of weeks. Should be entertaining.

wolf754life
09-20-2012, 04:09 PM
We can't turn Up or Turn On the pass rush whenever we want? Dumervil needs to work some "moves" not just plow straight ahead into the tackle everytime. Del Rio needs to use him on some inside Twists or Stunts, get him moving around, do something? If Schaub has all day on 3rd down he will cut us up. It is put up or shut up time for gun flasher elvis

errand
09-20-2012, 04:14 PM

Well, we've got people on here bitching because Moore has a couple near misses on INT's....so I'm not surprised that some are bitching about Doom....don't understand it, but, hey..it is the mane.

Eldorado
09-20-2012, 04:14 PM
We can't turn Up or Turn On the pass rush whenever we want? Dumervil needs to work some "moves" not just plow straight ahead into the tackle everytime. Del Rio needs to use him on some inside Twists or Stunts, get him moving around, do something? If Schaub has all day on 3rd down he will cut us up. It is put up or shut up time for gun flasher elvis

We'll be sure to let him know. Thanks for taking the time to ratchet the crazy up a few notches in here.

crush17
09-20-2012, 04:16 PM

Please DIAF.

wolf754life
09-20-2012, 04:18 PM
Please DIAF.

Nice, wishing Death in a fire........stay classy and mature for not agreeing with actual facts......

crush17
09-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Its just about as realistic as your takes on this situation. Chillax homie.

maher_tyler
09-20-2012, 04:21 PM

Thought you should know we have the #8 overall D in the league. After playing two highly skilled offensive teams. Someone is doing something right!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

wolf754life
09-20-2012, 04:24 PM
Thought you should know we have the #8 overall D in the league. After playing two highly skilled offensive teams. Someone is doing something right!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

Except our highest paid Defender Getting to the QB

errand
09-20-2012, 04:35 PM
I understand both sides of the argument...

doom got his big contract for doing what? Leading the NFL in sacks......if he's not sacking the QB, then some fans would equate that as to not earning his big $$$ paycheck...but to bitch about him? Don't understand that...

doom leads the league in QB pressures, but has no sacks...which is akin to going hitless in a baseball game, despite hitting scalding hot line drives right at opposing infielders/outfielders....you're not really in a slump, because you're obviously nailing the pitch thrown...but they just haven't fallen in yet....odds are they will though, and they will probably be multiple hit games later.

He'll get his fair share of them soon enough...

wolf754life
09-20-2012, 04:37 PM
need him badly this weekend......

Agamemnon
09-20-2012, 05:11 PM
People hating on Dumervil for two sackless games are dip****s. Period.

maher_tyler
09-20-2012, 05:26 PM
"Among all defensive players, only Von Miller and Washington's Ryan Kerrigan have more total pressures (14 each) than Doom, who's tied with fellow ends Chris Long and Michael Bennett (13 each). Of these five players, Von and Doom have 11 total tackles, while the other three have just eight among them. Dumervil and Long are the only of the five with zero missed tackles."

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/stdl-elvis-dumervils-pressure

That One Guy
09-20-2012, 05:37 PM
"Among all defensive players, only Von Miller and Washington's Ryan Kerrigan have more total pressures (14 each) than Doom, who's tied with fellow ends Chris Long and Michael Bennett (13 each). Of these five players, Von and Doom have 11 total tackles, while the other three have just eight among them. Dumervil and Long are the only of the five with zero missed tackles."

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/stdl-elvis-dumervils-pressure

Sounds cool.

We should trade Doom for Matthews from GB. I mean, show them his stats and they'd be fools not to take the deal.

wolf754life
09-20-2012, 05:45 PM
you still have to FINISH..............

swaiy
09-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Somebody needs a xanax.

maher_tyler
09-20-2012, 06:03 PM
you still have to FINISH..............

He will...as long as he keeps the QB uneasy and mkaing him throw the ball into coverage etc i'll be happy. Sacks are great but if the offense is game planning to get the ball out quick then what can you do? We're stopping the run and in the top 8 in the league on the D side of the ball. DB's/LBs need to do their part in coverage as well. Hard to get a sack when the QB has the for less than 5 seconds.

BroncsCheer
09-20-2012, 06:21 PM
Not in any way a bookmark to give me quick access to this thread in 8 weeks...

look - 2 games is NOT ENOUGH SAMPLE SIZE to determine ****.

some of you are butthurt that Doom isn't racking up the sacks.... well, that comes at the cost of his improved run support, and as a result of the closeness of the games the team has played. you don't know what the coaches are telling him... you have no idea whether they are happy with what he's doing or not. you don't know **** about what's going on in that locker room so just shut the **** up and enjoy your defense not getting ass raped by the run game - while it lasts.

others of you are quick to point out how 'almost sacks' are important, and for the record, they are, but who cares who does it the most? this is a new year, another goddamn new system, and as someone else pointed out, the defense is being coached to keep everything in front of them. there have been few "all out" blitzes that i've seen, and both games have had some of those risk/reward equations where guys like Doom, Miller, and Ayers have had to play it safe.

just chill out on the hate and the fanboy histrionics - it's annoying

not a bookmark

Action
09-20-2012, 06:23 PM
Threads like this are typically what happens when you're in a ****hole with a bunch of people who've never played football.

Jetmeck
09-21-2012, 12:14 AM

earth to fontaine

3 step drops...you frickin moron

Do u appreciate anything Bronco related or do you just bitch and complain about everything all the time ?