PDA

View Full Version : Chargers blackout confirmed; 11,000 tickets unsold - Yep, nobody bought tickets

maven
09-20-2012, 01:23 AM
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/sep/18/chargers-blackout-update-11000-more-sales-needed-g/

There are still more than 11,000 tickets that need to be sold by Thursday's 1:05 p.m. deadline to avoid a Southern California television blackout of Sunday's game between the unbeaten San Diego Chargers and unbeaten Atlanta Falcons.

:spit:

BowlenBall
09-20-2012, 02:30 AM
Hard to fire up the fan base when your quarterback looks like this:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8B9GFuDZUfYkhEQGq6Ec3uiBYf9zQv-y70Ov6dtwwnkSmdy6NU25qjlQ0
http://img.imgcake.com/Ninjames/RiversDerp5jpgyr.jpg
http://www.obsessedwithsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/philip-rivers2-231x300.jpg
http://www.juanelway.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Philip-Rivers-Mr-Angry.jpg

HILife
09-20-2012, 05:26 AM
That has got to be some of the WORSE fan base ever. two good undefeated teams going up against each other and those fair-weather fans can't get off their asses and buy a ticket. That team needs to move to LA.

Broncoman13
09-20-2012, 05:54 AM
That has got to be some of the WORSE fan base ever. two good undefeated teams going up against each other and those fair-weather fans can't get off their asses and buy a ticket. That team needs to move to LA.

I don't think you can even call them fair weather fans at this point. Their team is winning, they are leading the division and undefeated. It's just not a football town, period.

ColoradoDarin
09-20-2012, 06:19 AM
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/aIrhVo1WA78?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/aIrhVo1WA78?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

srphoenix
09-20-2012, 06:27 AM
so for the first time in like 5 years they arent sucking it up to start the year and they can't get fans in the door.... I mean sure it's San Deigo, its a beautiful place and whales vagina and all that, but come on, it shouldnt be that hard to fill an nfl game anywhere.

Vegas_Bronco
09-20-2012, 06:31 AM
Just put in a deep moat around the stadium and offer sport fishing off the upper seats and that place would ba aboomin! SD is one place i have a hard time going to a game...too much to do at the beach...if the stadium had any connection with the shore they wouldnt have this problem. What idiots do in urban planning makes us all pay.

TheReverend
09-20-2012, 06:36 AM
Move them an hour up to LA already, FFS

2KBack
09-20-2012, 07:01 AM

In SD the weather is always fair...so they aren't even that

Los Broncos
09-20-2012, 07:58 AM
There must be a swell coming this weekend.

baja
09-20-2012, 08:00 AM
I don't think you can even call them fair weather fans at this point. Their team is winning, they are leading the division and undefeated. It's just not a football town, period.

I am going to the Monday night game between Denver and SD and I have my choice of tickets. Hoping a friend comes through with luxury box tickets.

Black96WS6
09-20-2012, 09:16 AM
Here's a sneak peak at the Chargers' O - Rivers and Norv mic'd up:

http://www.chargers.com/media-vault/videos/Sound-FX-Rollin-down-the-Rivers/5e7a1687-245f-4965-b746-2d3024ef0500

Navy Broncos Fan
09-20-2012, 09:17 AM
The team is a POS. Ticket prices are f****** crazy. I had to shell out $250 to get two nose bleed tickets to the MNF game :(

broncocalijohn
09-20-2012, 10:35 AM
The team is a POS. Ticket prices are ******* crazy. I had to shell out $250 to get two nose bleed tickets to the MNF game :(

It isnt that much for face value but the stadium is old and they charge as if they have a brand new one. When we got our stadium, South Stand seats went from $25 to $50. Their SD seats in the endzone are $100 face value. Broncos seats, $80. They overcharge and have too many obstructed seats. I have said it before, if they drop the field 3 feet and get the baseball look out of there and put those seats closer to the field on the Chargers side, it wouldn't be so bad.

BTW, which corporation will step up and buy up the seats?

razorwire77
09-20-2012, 10:42 AM
Jag fan vs. Bolt fan.

Pathetic fan dance off!

boltaneer
09-20-2012, 11:15 AM
Oh no! The team must be moving to LA!!!!

Marshall Dumervil
09-20-2012, 11:17 AM
Shannon Larkin from Godsmack was on the radio a couple days ago. He said the song Cryin Like a b**** was written about Phillip Rivers. Ha!

"Crying Like A Bitch"

Strut on by like a king
Telling everybody they know nothing
And long live what you thought you were
And time ain't on your side anymore (anymore)

And so you tell me I
Can't take my chances
But I told you one too many times
And you were crying like a bitch

I'm tougher than nails
I can promise you that
Step out of line
And you get bitch-slapped back
And you can run
Your little mouth all day
But the hand of god
Just smacked you back into yesterday

And so you tell me I
Can't take my chances

And you wonder why
No one can stand you
And there's no denying
You were crying like a bitch

Blinded by your sacred faded past times
Only time is your enemy
Granted a second chance
To prove that your arrogance
Is stronger than you'll ever be
Is stronger than you can be

Oh stronger than you can be
Oh stronger than you can (be)

And so you tell me I
Can't take my chances

And you wonder why
No one can stand you
And there's no denying

Oh Bitch

maven
09-20-2012, 04:44 PM
@Chargers: Per NFL policy, Sunday's game between the Chargers and the Atlanta Falcons will not be shown live in Southern California.

-from twitter

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_makdu67IOF1qeexm3.png

spiralism
09-20-2012, 07:58 PM
Pathetic excuse for a fanbase. At least the Raiders and Chiefs fans actually show up to their games, even if they're home to beat the wife by half time.

Chargers fans are a bunch of hipster douchebags who think themselves above actually going to a game when they can watch it on TV. How typically southern California. Have absolutely no respect for that joke of a team and fanbase.

Punisher
09-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Oh no! The team must be moving to LA!!!!

Oh they will just give it time.

Punisher
09-20-2012, 08:05 PM
@Chargers: Per NFL policy, Sunday's game between the Chargers and the Atlanta Falcons will not be shown live in Southern California.

-from twitter

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_makdu67IOF1qeexm3.png

http://savemisc.com/threads/images/686f782e65a109cc2fb988d3a8dfb569.gif

oubronco
09-20-2012, 08:36 PM
I wouldn't be too surprised to see this start league wide with all the controversial referring and game day expenses going thru the roof. The cost is almost like taking a family vacation just to go to a game. Let alone all the technology to make your home a better experience without all the hassle and costs

boltaneer
09-20-2012, 08:58 PM
Do blackouts really exist anymore?

broncocalijohn
09-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Do blackouts really exist anymore?

Ask the advertisers up in Oakland or Jacksonville. Yes they do exist. Now that the pot heads of San Diego realize the game is blacked out, maybe they will all show up and sell it out.

boltaneer
09-20-2012, 09:09 PM
Ask the advertisers up in Oakland or Jacksonville. Yes they do exist. Now that the pot heads of San Diego realize the game is blacked out, maybe they will all show up and sell it out.

Well, you missed my point.

Punisher
09-20-2012, 09:09 PM
http://blak4rest.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/chargers1.jpg

Punisher
09-20-2012, 09:32 PM
http://blak4rest.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/chargers1.jpg

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/30/if-l-a-move-will-happen-in-2013-chargers-are-the-most-likely-to-go/

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/30200000/Taylor-Swift-Laughing-Gif-taylor-swift-30258989-500-245.gif

Broncobiv
09-20-2012, 09:33 PM
London Chargers?

Goodell is already starting the paperwork, believe it.

boltaneer
09-20-2012, 10:03 PM
Nah, Antarctica Chargers. Really screw them with the cold weather! :flower:

NUB
09-21-2012, 12:04 AM
San Diego has always been this way. Watch any home game of theirs and it seems like half the stadium is rooting for the other team. Completely serious, no exaggeration.

ZONA
09-21-2012, 12:12 AM
Move them an hour up to LA already, FFS

LA's not a football town either. They already tried that. LA is 100% Laker town.

ZONA
09-21-2012, 12:15 AM
Nah, Antarctica Chargers. Really screw them with the cold weather! :flower:

I hope I never have to see American football played in Canada, Mexico or anywhere else for that matter on a regular basis. I hated it when they tried playing games in different countries. Totally lame.

boltaneer
09-21-2012, 02:04 AM
Most people will still be watching the game one way or another.

Blackouts don't exist anymore.

Navy Broncos Fan
09-21-2012, 02:42 AM
It isnt that much for face value but the stadium is old and they charge as if they have a brand new one. When we got our stadium, South Stand seats went from $25 to $50. Their SD seats in the endzone are $100 face value. Broncos seats, $80. They overcharge and have too many obstructed seats. I have said it before, if they drop the field 3 feet and get the baseball look out of there and put those seats closer to the field on the Chargers side, it wouldn't be so bad.

BTW, which corporation will step up and buy up the seats?

I don't understand what you're saying. That was face value from the Chargers website. That may not seem like a lot of money to some people, but to me that's a lot of money. 250 for 2 tickets, 10 for trolley tickets...I am up to 260 without entering the stadium

BroncoLifer
09-21-2012, 03:12 AM
LA's not a football town either. They already tried that. LA is 100% Laker town.

Dodgers?

chadta
09-21-2012, 05:05 AM
I hope I never have to see American football played in Canada, Mexico or anywhere else for that matter on a regular basis. I hated it when they tried playing games in different countries. Totally lame.

This bills play a game in Toronto every year, and have for a few years, rumors are that they want to start playing 2 games a year up here.

They are pressing for a new stadium, and the threat of moving permanently would sure give them a little more leverage.

XXXshogunXXX
09-21-2012, 06:22 AM
ahhh F, looks like I have to get a ticket. Honestly, alot more times id rather watch it a friends or at a bar. Tailgating, waking up early, getting sunburned, beerbloat....sometimes its just too much. And i always seem to miss sht watching it in person. The best view you'll ever have is on TV.

Not to mention almost all the seats at that pos stadium is severely overpriced.

TheReverend
09-21-2012, 07:01 AM

USC thinks that's a funny post

Bacchus
09-21-2012, 07:55 AM
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/sep/18/chargers-blackout-update-11000-more-sales-needed-g/

There are still more than 11,000 tickets that need to be sold by Thursday's 1:05 p.m. deadline to avoid a Southern California television blackout of Sunday's game between the unbeaten San Diego Chargers and unbeaten Atlanta Falcons.

:spit:

http://www.moviefancentral.com/images/pictures/review28722/bill-ted.gif?1329174879

Pick Six
09-21-2012, 08:30 AM
ahhh F, looks like I have to get a ticket. Honestly, alot more times id rather watch it a friends or at a bar. Tailgating, waking up early, getting sunburned, beerbloat....sometimes its just too much. And i always seem to miss sht watching it in person. The best view you'll ever have is on TV.

Not to mention almost all the seats at that pos stadium is severely overpriced.

I kind of agree with you. The times that I HAVE been to a Broncos game, live, I've enjoyed the tailgating experience. I've enjoyed hanging out with people who root for the same team. Other than that, it IS expensive. And, I don't even drink. The price of the ticket is one thing, but the parking fees are outrageous. Plus, you are right. There is no better view, than on TV. Even if you are in the front row, you STILL miss things occurring on the far side of the field. When I'm at the game, I'm normally glued to the jumbotron. It's like my own big-screen TV...Ha!

gyldenlove
09-21-2012, 08:37 AM
Why would people pay to see the Falcons curbstomp the Chuggers anyway?

TheReverend
09-21-2012, 09:08 AM
Why would people pay to see the Falcons curbstomp the Chuggers anyway?

Sadly, the Chargers are going to whip that Falcons ass.

Black96WS6
09-21-2012, 09:55 AM
If the Chargers do go to LA it would be a mistake. Imagine what the games would look like. Everyone would show up in their lowriders wearing Raiders gear lol.

On a serious note, if the Chargers get Ryan Mathews back, so that they have a legitimate starting RB playing in this game, and not the scrubs they've been throwing out there - (seriously...Ronnie Brown??? Jackie Battle???), I can see the Chargers beating the dirty birds...

broncocalijohn
09-21-2012, 10:44 AM
I don't understand what you're saying. That was face value from the Chargers website. That may not seem like a lot of money to some people, but to me that's a lot of money. 250 for 2 tickets, 10 for trolley tickets...I am up to 260 without entering the stadium

So face value was $125 each for uppers? Wow! I pay a little over $100 to $110 each when I need 2 tickets online (stubhub, craigslist, etc) and those are lower bowl. I scored last year with a single for $40 on the 30 yardline. Picked it up in the parking lot.

DENVERDUI55
09-21-2012, 10:47 AM
Chargers should move to LA. Didn't the franchise start there?

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-21-2012, 11:26 AM
The West's fanbases are funny. You got 2 horrible teams with plenty of loudmouthed delusional fans, then the only threat in the west has a fanbase that's few and far in between.

boltaneer
09-21-2012, 05:09 PM
So face value was $125 each for uppers? Wow! I pay a little over $100 to $110 each when I need 2 tickets online (stubhub, craigslist, etc) and those are lower bowl. I scored last year with a single for $40 on the 30 yardline. Picked it up in the parking lot.

I'm sure you realize that buying tickets from StubHub, Craigslist, etc. does nothing for selling out the game.

I do think that most people here do that though. It's the only way to get a good seat at the game. Too many horrible seats in that rotting stadium.

broncocalijohn
09-21-2012, 06:36 PM
I'm sure you realize that buying tickets from StubHub, Craigslist, etc. does nothing for selling out the game.

I do think that most people here do that though. It's the only way to get a good seat at the game. Too many horrible seats in that rotting stadium.

No, I didnt realize that stub hub and craigslist is not a direct sale for Chargers? Who knew?

WHat does mentioning me buying NOT DIRECTLY from the Chargers have to do with helping a sell out? I go for whatever is the cheapest for the best ticket. Ive been going to games for over 20 years so I do have the idea what is direct and what is 3rd party.
Come on Boltaneer! I owned 50 season tickets for the Chargers up to a few years ago.

maven
09-21-2012, 11:51 PM
The team is a POS. Ticket prices are ******* crazy. I had to shell out $250 to get two nose bleed tickets to the MNF game :(

I would have wait closer to game time and shopped via stubhub and craigslist.

boltaneer
09-22-2012, 01:08 AM
No, I didnt realize that stub hub and craigslist is not a direct sale for Chargers? Who knew?

WHat does mentioning me buying NOT DIRECTLY from the Chargers have to do with helping a sell out? I go for whatever is the cheapest for the best ticket. Ive been going to games for over 20 years so I do have the idea what is direct and what is 3rd party.
Come on Boltaneer! I owned 50 season tickets for the Chargers up to a few years ago.

And I'm saying a lot of people here do the same thing, that's all.

Boltjolt
09-22-2012, 07:59 PM

Well i dont know how many they fell short but i know it was alot less than 11,000. In anycase, there still isnt a good economy going on there and it is expensive to live there as well. Hate to see it happen but it can be tough to sell 70,000 tickets in that situation.

Should be better going forward after they show you how to beat the Falcons. There are many other things to do there that dont cost $100 a ticket. Right now on stub hub they are around $50 but the game is tomorrow and it is already blacked out. The tics for the game against your team is at $105.

Boltjolt
09-22-2012, 08:04 PM
Oh they will just give it time.

Not going to happen. The owners dont want to go to LA.

Cito Pelon
09-22-2012, 08:11 PM
Well, if I was living in SD I'd be at Glamis right now having a great time, catch the game on the radio on the way back into town tomorrow and maybe see the 4th Q.

Los Broncos
09-23-2012, 02:06 PM
The game is blacked out here in So Cal...Steelers v Raiders is being shown.

broncocalijohn
09-23-2012, 09:31 PM
The game is blacked out here in So Cal...Steelers v Raiders is being shown.

Best part were the Chargers fans showing up in their gear at Hooters thinking their game is on at the SPorts Bar. LOL! Started ordering food and beer and then had to see the BLACKOUT screen pop up in front of them. Very nice!

Los Broncos
09-23-2012, 10:54 PM
Best part were the Chargers fans showing up in their gear at Hooters thinking their game is on at the SPorts Bar. LOL! Started ordering food and beer and then had to see the BLACKOUT screen pop up in front of them. Very nice!

Ha!

maven
09-24-2012, 12:06 PM
Well the Charger fans didn't miss anything.

boltaneer
09-24-2012, 12:09 PM
Until Norv is gone, I'm not spending a cent on this team.

That's my little personal protest.

JDB7821
09-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Sadly, the Chargers are going to whip that Falcons ass.

Interesting.

broncocalijohn
09-24-2012, 03:09 PM
Interesting.

where were you last week? Being nice and the opposite of a Raider fan and just stayed away?