PDA

View Full Version : Stopping the Run Attack, Foster and Tate.

ludo21
09-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Is our defense ready for this challenge?

I am thinking so....... and as far the play action fake, Owen Daniels is really the only guy I am concerned with since our D against TE has been crap so far..

thoughts? What should be the defensive strategy this game? Is there another WR threat outside of Andre Johnson, that I am not seeing?

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-19-2012, 01:29 PM
Is our defense ready for this challenge?

I am thinking so....... and as far the play action fake, Owen Daniels is really the only guy I am concerned with since our D against TE has been crap so far..

thoughts? What should be the defensive strategy this game? Is there another WR threat outside of Andre Johnson, that I am not seeing?

There isn't much to stop this. Kubiak exploits weaknesses and he's already got targets in our coverage LBs/secondary. If he thinks Moore stinks he's gonna let everyone know it by shoving the ball into his area several times. The way to best them is to put up a lot of points. The offense needs to come out fast. Something it hasn't done in the 1st two games.

barryr
09-19-2012, 01:36 PM
It would be nice if the defense could force some turnovers as well.

dictionary
09-19-2012, 01:48 PM
There isn't much to stop this. Kubiak exploits weaknesses and he's already got targets in our coverage LBs/secondary. If he thinks Moore stinks he's gonna let everyone know it by shoving the ball into his area several times. The way to best them is to put up a lot of points. The offense needs to come out fast. Something it hasn't done in the 1st two games.

i have to agree with your summary. i, personally, would like to see Manning put all the insanity to rest by throwing a bomb to DT or Decker and be done with it, then go back to business.

LRtagger
09-19-2012, 02:31 PM
As long as we dont turn into pussies on 3rd downs and get off the field we should be OK. So far we havent been stellar in that dept

maher_tyler
09-22-2012, 04:45 PM
It would be nice if the defense could force some turnovers as well.

Seems like we can never force turnovers...

oubronco
09-22-2012, 05:44 PM
If the Defense gets off the field on 3rd downs, They don't leave the middle of the field open, they force some turnovers and the offense plays like week one it should be a good game.

If they play like last week they'll lose

AmericanBroncFan
09-22-2012, 06:05 PM
I miss having a HC/OC that gameplans for each team instead of just finding a new WR screen to throw.

Tim
09-22-2012, 06:35 PM
there going to be behind from the get go so they will abandon the run

DENVERDUI55
09-22-2012, 06:36 PM
We need to get Houstons OL in obvious passing situations. They will struggle there just like ours did with same scheme.

Pontius Pirate
09-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Arian Foster will go off for 120 total yds and 2 TD's

Ben Tate will have 70 total yds and 1 TD

Matt Schaub, meanwhile, will do very little. He'll have 180 yds passing & no TD's.

cutthemdown
09-22-2012, 09:02 PM
We have to let Bailey take Andre Johnson, going against what we usually do. Walter IMO can be covered by a combo of zones or Porter 1 on 1 depending on the defense called. I think it's paramount though we make them throw at Bailey. To do that we should put him on Johnson 100% of the time. Johnson older also and won't want to motion around all game trying to wear Bailey out.

Then our safteys can play up and try and stop the run.

I think we will play a lot of cover 1 with Bailey just dogging Johnson all over the field.

lonestar
09-22-2012, 09:48 PM
If the Defense gets off the field on 3rd downs, They don't leave the middle of the field open, they force some turnovers and the offense plays like week one it should be a good game.

If they play like last week they'll lose

right now we are 3rd worst in the league at not letting teams convert to first downs.. 50%

Guess what HOU is number one at only 10%..

Manning will have to be perfect and the receivers will have to catch them all..

what are the odds of that happening..

lonestar
09-22-2012, 09:50 PM
I miss having a HC/OC that gameplans for each team instead of just finding a new WR screen to throw.

well once again you showing your ass..

there is a new sheriff in town and he does not have to have a script to run the offense..

he makes adjustments at the LOS.. opposed to do it at half time..

lonestar
09-22-2012, 09:52 PM
We have to let Bailey take Andre Johnson, going against what we usually do. Walter IMO can be covered by a combo of zones or Porter 1 on 1 depending on the defense called. I think it's paramount though we make them throw at Bailey. To do that we should put him on Johnson 100% of the time. Johnson older also and won't want to motion around all game trying to wear Bailey out.

Then our safteys can play up and try and stop the run.

I think we will play a lot of cover 1 with Bailey just dogging Johnson all over the field.

ah who is older him or Champ?

DENVERDUI55
09-22-2012, 09:54 PM
right now we are 3rd worst in the league at not letting teams convert to first downs.. 50%

Guess what HOU is number one at only 10%..

Manning will have to be perfect and the receivers will have to catch them all..

what are the odds of that happening..

That has more to do with the QB's we have played vs the QB's that Houston has played in my opinion. Big Ben screwed our % up badly.

lonestar
09-22-2012, 10:12 PM
That has more to do with the QB's we have played vs the QB's that Houston has played in my opinion. Big Ben screwed our % up badly.

Yes he did no doubt but it is not like we have ever been a three and out team at least not for the past decade or so..

While the sample is small, I'm hoping that there is great improvement soon.. HOWEVER this week I do not think will be in that improvement mix..

oubronco
09-22-2012, 10:16 PM
Kubiak will attack the middle of the field exploiting our weak LB's and FS and when we go nickle he will switch it up and run the ball

Broncos4Life
09-22-2012, 10:19 PM
Yea, to beat this great team we will need points...and maybe a bad call by these **** refs going our way might help...(see ATL).

Honestly though, we could do all this and it probably still wont be enough. The key word here- turnovers. And we disparately need at least 2 to get the win. The defense is heading into its 3rd week. Trying to gel and whatnot. Doing a great job with the guys we have + another DC in how many years.... Hope the football gods rain some ints down on us!

Go Broncos!

cutthemdown
09-22-2012, 10:45 PM
ah who is older him or Champ?

I think Johnson better not in motion, and they will stick him somewhere and let him run his route. Against teams where both WR are more evenly talented I say let Bailey just play his side. But I do really think Bailey should just play Johnson. Its the best way for us to get our best player involved in the game.