PDA

View Full Version : The Rahim Moore poll

Broncos4Life
09-19-2012, 02:51 AM
I know most of us aren't happy with the guy right now. I feel like this could be a breakout season for him. I think he could have a big game in a week or two, but if he continues to not make a tackle or stick when we need it, and drop ints, JDR and Fox need to get someone on the field that is hungry and will make a play or two. And we all know that QC is capable of at least making an int when we he gets an opportunity.

KevinJames
09-19-2012, 02:57 AM
The fact that he is around the ball and close to making a play is encouraging, he has been solid in run support as well, hes bigger than last year his tackling is 10x better than it was last year.

However he does need to step it up and make the play when its there hopefully he will, I am not ready to cast him aside just yet at times I think his potential is too much to give up on I do beleive he has the chance to develop into a true ball hawk safety.

The wild card on this is that I also like Quinton Carter a lot and hes too talented to be sitting on the bench, either Moore or Adams will lose their job sometime this season thanks to Carter.

Adams was solid in game 1 but in game 2 he didn't really flash for me.

We aren't getting beat deep as long as this isn't happening the safeties can't be that bad.

Broncos4Life
09-19-2012, 03:12 AM
The fact that he is around the ball and close to making a play is encouraging, he has been solid in run support as well, hes bigger than last year his tackling is 10x better than it was last year.

However he does need to step it up and make the play when its there hopefully he will, I am not ready to cast him aside just yet at times I think his potential is too much to give up on I do beleive he has the chance to develop into a true ball hawk safety.

The wild card on this is that I also like Quinton Carter a lot and hes too talented to be sitting on the bench, either Moore or Adams will lose their job sometime this season thanks to Carter.

Adams was solid in game 1 but in game 2 he didn't really flash for me.

We aren't getting beat deep as long as this isn't happening the safeties can't be that bad.

Yes. The improvement is there. I think he has the ability to be the man too, but here we have a guy that was solid enough towards the end of last season sitting on the bench that is better than him. I'm convinced that QC catches at least 1 of those picks, just based on what I saw from him last season.

Adams isn't great, but he seems to have pretty good instinct and plays with some heart.

True that! Too many nightmares in years past of our safetys getting beat deep. It is looking better at the back end.

Ratboy
09-19-2012, 05:33 AM
He's almost always near the ball. He has made some pretty nice tackles too.

chrisp
09-19-2012, 05:47 AM
Sometimes people seem to think that the coaches have 'hard-on' for a player who shouldn't really be playing...but usually what's happening in that instance is that they are doing the small things right and just missing or screwing up the odd big play once in a while that gets everybody's back up.

I think that's what's happening here. This coaching staff seems to have established that it knows defense better than the people on the orangemane do (unlike the previous defensive staff....). I'm prepared to believe that they know their stuff and arre keeping a guy in there out of merit rather than some unfathomable preference....

yes they did invest a 2nd round pick in him so maybe they give him more of a chance than he might otherwise get, but they sat him last year, and if he was really blowing chunks out thee I'm sure they woudl sit him again in a heartbeat

TheReverend
09-19-2012, 05:52 AM
FYI, Alphonso Smith is unemployed

Prodigal19
09-19-2012, 06:00 AM
Moore is currently leagues ahead of where he was last season. He is a MUCH improved tackler. He is really only a half step away from making a bunch of huge plays. He can closes that gap with more experience and increased confidence. Once that happens he can really be a great safety.

Remember, this is only his second year. Most safeties take at least a couple of years to start breaking out. Just look at Brandon Browner. That guy is turning into a star safety for the seahawks in his 7th year in the NFL. Too bad we didnt have more patience with him.

backup qb
09-19-2012, 06:33 AM
I've been pleasantly surprised/impressed with Moore so far this season. However, M Adams....dreadful.

Bacchus
09-19-2012, 07:00 AM
I do not see the problem others do. Maybe I am just not noticing. I think he plays fast. I think he is out of position but I like him. I do not see why he would be benched in favor of Leonhard??

Bigdawg26
09-19-2012, 07:45 AM
Moore is currently leagues ahead of where he was last season. He is a MUCH improved tackler. He is really only a half step away from making a bunch of huge plays. He can closes that gap with more experience and increased confidence. Once that happens he can really be a great safety.

Remember, this is only his second year. Most safeties take at least a couple of years to start breaking out. Just look at Brandon Browner. That guy is turning into a star safety for the seahawks in his 7th year in the NFL. Too bad we didnt have more patience with him.

THIS! But I think that Brandon Browner is a corner not a safety.

I think people are on Moore case to much, and Mike Adams wasn't lights out yesterday either. Nobody is mentioning the missed tackle on 3rd and goal on Micheal Turner to stuff him from getting the touchdown (I think Moore stuff Turner on time on a third down play from a screen). It's like his 4th or 5th start. He is much improved in his tackling and he's around the ball which is a REAL big improvement in one year. How much more growth can you get in just one year? Carter is another good young safety (who's best at strong not free like Moore) but give the guy some time to grow and get better.

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-19-2012, 09:13 AM
Maybe it takes a few years to get rid of that UCLA stink. He learned to tackle real well playing there.

Gort
09-19-2012, 09:14 AM

what? are there no Verizon kiosks at any Detroit area malls??

TheReverend
09-19-2012, 09:30 AM
what? are there no Verizon kiosks at any Detroit area malls??

He's not good enough to compete there either.

gyldenlove
09-19-2012, 09:36 AM
I would like to see him play at least another 6-8 games before I make a judgement on him. We are talking a young guy who has only had 1 training camp and offseason and a few pro games to his name. He has clearly improved his tackling and his run support, maybe he is miscast as a FS and should move to SS.

Pony Boy
09-19-2012, 09:51 AM

Is that like a pretty girl that almost has boobs ....... gonna wait to see if she grows some.

NFLBRONCO
09-19-2012, 09:59 AM
Not impressed with Moore and Adams but, maybe down the road they will get better. Right now our S play sucks and needs to get better. Better S play we win monday night imo.

bronco militia
09-19-2012, 10:12 AM
Is that like a pretty girl that almost has boobs ....... gonna wait to see if she grows some.

Ha!

BroncoMan4ever
09-19-2012, 10:14 AM
He just needs to finish plays. If he comes down with 1or 2 picks that hit him in the hands the last two weeks this isn't even mentioned. He has improved a lot over last season.

I'm not saying play him just because he has improved. But don't replace him just because of a couple mental errors especially if there isn't anything better behind him

Bigdawg26
09-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Not impressed with Moore and Adams but, maybe down the road they will get better. Right now our S play sucks and needs to get better. Better S play we win monday night imo.

What about the 4 turnovers?

Garcia Bronco
09-19-2012, 10:31 AM
He's a younf saftey that's missed toime due to injury and better players in front him. Give the KID a break...good grief.

Old Dude
09-19-2012, 10:32 AM
I'm not optimistic but I don't see much of an alternative at present.

55CrushEm
09-19-2012, 10:35 AM

This. In each game, he's been this close to getting an INT.....one should've been a pick 6.

vancejohnson82
09-19-2012, 10:38 AM
I don't think anyone is advocating that we bench him right now. However if we are going to throw a run stopper who is a step slow in coverage out there why not Leonhard? I'm hoping he starts to polish his instinctsabit more because physically he has all the tools. . I have a feeling the a Pats game is going to get ugly forhin though

Kaylore
09-19-2012, 10:40 AM

Then we should trade him and a first round pick to Detroit to receive a signed promise they will not resign him.

Garcia Bronco
09-19-2012, 10:41 AM
He just needs to finish plays. If he comes down with 1or 2 picks that hit him in the hands the last two weeks this isn't even mentioned. He has improved a lot over last season.

I'm not saying play him just because he has improved. But don't replace him just because of a couple mental errors especially if there isn't anything better behind him

Exactly...some people like to throw out the baby with the bath water.

24champ
09-19-2012, 10:43 AM
Start him the rest of the way. Rahim Moore is improving with each game, as a young player like him should be.

24champ
09-19-2012, 10:45 AM

If Manning doesn't throw 3 interceptions in the 1st quarter, we win. IMO.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-19-2012, 10:58 AM
Quinton Carter makes plays when given the opportunity. See last year for evidence.

Gort
09-19-2012, 11:05 AM
If Manning doesn't throw 3 interceptions in the 1st quarter, we win. IMO.

if we scored more points than them, we win.
if Matt Ryan was arrested before the game for having sex with a goat, we win.
if Von Miller would have had 49 sacks, we win.
if Manning didn't noodle arm several of his throws, we win.
if the refs had us on their fantasy teams, we win.

i can do this all day. :D

DBroncos4life
09-19-2012, 11:58 AM
Where is the replacement refs suck and the term you really Munsoned that up should be renamed you really Goodelled that up option.

Al Wilson
09-19-2012, 12:56 PM
Why all the hate??????? The kid has made huge strides from last year. He is always around the ball, his tackling is years better than last year (I don't think I saw him miss one tackle yet in these 2 games), and he had a couple of dropped INTs. Not his fault the LBs can't cover the tight ends. Give him time, I think he will turn out to be a good one.

Al Wilson
09-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Quinton Carter makes plays when given the opportunity. See last year for evidence.
Quinton Carter came in in the last minute last game and Michael Turner ran to his side but Carter is so great that he forgot the Falcons were gonna run and instead ran with his man downfield which allowed Turner to get the first down and seal the game. Good one bud

Agamemnon
09-19-2012, 01:02 PM
This is an absurd thread. Rahim Moore is a young guy learning how to play in the NFL.

Gort
09-19-2012, 01:43 PM
This is an absurd thread. Tim Tebow is a young guy learning how to play in the NFL.

fixed it for you.

oh wait, this is 2012, not 2011.

nevermind.

;D

Mogulseeker
09-19-2012, 01:49 PM
The Lions cut Smith

Hamrob
09-19-2012, 06:58 PM
How many PI's does he need to get? He's also a piss poor tackler.

I'm not saying to give up on the kid...but, is he really better than Carter? I'm not sure he's better than Leonard or even Bruton for that matter. I'm fairly confident that all 3 of those guys are better tacklers.

I understand we invested a 2nd round pick...and we need playmakers in the secondary....but, when has he made a play?

errand
09-19-2012, 07:08 PM
I don't think anyone is advocating that we bench him right now.....

What should the team do with Moore?
Bench him now!
Give him 2-3 Moore weeks
Trade him and a 1st rd pick to Detroit for Alphonso Smith

Umm, it was the first choice of the poll....

lolcopter
09-19-2012, 07:09 PM
Mountain out of a molehill

Moore is the least of our worries

Lestat
09-19-2012, 07:11 PM
Moore has issues but he's improving and he's worlds better than he was last season.
he needs a full season of constant PT to reach his potential.

his instincts need work but once he gets them down he'll be a very nice safety.
he's going to have growing pains and times when we all want to strangle him but that's part of being a young NFL player.

Lestat
09-19-2012, 07:13 PM
The Lions cut Smith

Earl Thomas, Earl Goddamn Thomas, Earl Mother****ing Thomas for this bum. Ha!

Shananahan
09-19-2012, 07:16 PM
A more interesting poll would have asked about boarder expectations of Moore.

Seems to me some of them around here are very, very high.

TheReverend
09-19-2012, 07:52 PM

An above average center-field safety. Ryan Clark-esque.

pricejj
09-19-2012, 09:57 PM

Moore should be tackling with the ferocity of BDawk, have the on-field presence of John Lynch, the range of Steve Atwater, and the knockout power of Dennis Smith. Anything less, and bench him. Nevermind that he is probably already the best Safety on the team.

Lestat
09-19-2012, 10:06 PM
Moore should be tackling with the ferocity of BDawk, have the on-field presence of John Lynch, the range of Steve Atwater, and the knockout power of Dennis Smith. Anything less, and bench him. Nevermind that he is probably already the best Safety on the team.

:thumbsup: run, don't walk, don't skip, don't look back or slow down for anything.

Perry1977
09-20-2012, 12:18 AM
I am on the record as a Moore-hater, and he has done nothing to change my mind. Hope he can.

ozomulsion
09-20-2012, 02:06 AM
These poll options suck ass. I give him until the end of the season.

BowlenBall
09-20-2012, 02:28 AM

Great, great question -- after watching him for 8 preseason game, 18 regular season games, and 1 postseason game, I think it's fair to draw some conclusions on what his ceiling might be.

Personally, I think he has a fairly high ceiling as a free safety -- something along the lines Brandon Meriweather in New England. Even he were just a touch speedier, I'd even say he'd be a better fit at cornerback.

He definitely seems to have some issues mentally with the pro game, though, and I have serious doubts as to whether his instincts will ever be able to catch up with his natural athletic ability.

I'm hoping for the best -- but suspecting the worst at this point.