PDA

View Full Version : Glass is half full

wyobronco
09-18-2012, 05:16 PM
I'm sitting reflecting on last nights game and looking at the box score and, while I'm not happy, I'm not pissed either.

-This team was buried by 4 early turnovers, but never quit. We outrushed ATL 118 to 67. How does a team down 20 get to 118 and how does a team with Michael Turner and an early 20 point lead only rush for 67 yards? Denver overmatched ATL in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

-Mike Nolan's defense confused the heck out of Peyton Manning, but it was gimmicky and they fixed it. Peyton wasn't razor sharp, but that's a tough environment made really tough when you're down 20. This team never panicked and never quit. They were one more defensive stop from having a shot to win this thing.

-As mentioned before the front 7 were stout against the run, that's supposed to be the weakness. They were weak in the back end, but pass coverage is all about teamwork and commmunication and there are a lot of new faces that haven't gelled yet. Losing Chris Harris was really big and the 3rd receiver and the tight end exploited that.

-The officials didn't lose this game, but they didn't help. I think week 2 showed that good officiating is necessary. Surely the real refs are back soon.

I loved the that this team never quit and never panicked. That's from the coaching staff. I don't believe in moral victories, but I think the film from this game goes a long ways towards making the Broncos a better, tougher team.

My 2 cents.

menonite
09-18-2012, 05:19 PM
It's half full of Geritol.

If Peyton had remembered to finish it he would have played better.

Mogulseeker
09-18-2012, 05:25 PM
I typically NEVER complain about officials. Often I'm there to defend their decisions... BUT, if this game was called fair and competently, the Broncos would have won.

People are saying 4 turnovers, yada yada... but one of those was completely the refs fault.

Our defense was stout the whole game.

enjolras
09-18-2012, 05:26 PM
It's half full of Geritol.

If Peyton had remembered to finish it he would have played better.

I can just tell you're going to be a really solid contributor around here... fantastic stuff man. Just fantastic.

cmhargrove
09-18-2012, 06:24 PM
I typically NEVER complain about officials. Often I'm there to defend their decisions... BUT, if this game was called fair and competently, the Broncos would have won.

People are saying 4 turnovers, yada yada... but one of those was completely the refs fault.

Our defense was stout the whole game.

Just give us the fumble (because we got it), and we win that game despite the errors.