PDA

View Full Version : Osweiler was warming up toward end of the game

Conklin
09-18-2012, 03:12 PM
Just watching around the horn and Woody stated that Brock was warming up on the sideline, said his source said it was either for a trick play or Manning was struggling physically...discuss

My personal opinion ofc is that if we needed a hail marry, we needed someone that could actually get the ball downfield

Action
09-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Or he could have been helping one of the WR's warm up.... genius!

lol @ the media these days.

wolf754life
09-18-2012, 03:15 PM
it was for hail marry

menonite
09-18-2012, 03:18 PM
I'm kind of shocked...that anyone watches Around the Horn.

What kind of "trick play" would that be? A hail Mary? I know Tebow was the QB here last year, but since when is "throwing the football to the receiver" considered a trick play.

I think it was most likely going to be be a "It's over - lets let the rookie pop his cherry in a live game" scenario. Or what Action said.

broncosteven
09-18-2012, 03:21 PM
CIDTL!

Tombstone RJ
09-18-2012, 03:29 PM
It's actually called a "bloody mary" with Twighlight...

jerseyguy4
09-18-2012, 03:38 PM
Woody...said his source said it was either for a trick play or Manning was struggling physically
Considering there is a huge difference between physical problems and a trick play, I'd say his "source" has no idea what the f he's talking about

As others said, hail mary seems most likely. Actually, that's pretty smart of Fox (or whoever's decision it was), assuming Osweiler has the longer arm

Kid A
09-18-2012, 03:40 PM
Seeing as he started warming up immediately after Atl converted the 3rd down (assuring we would, at best get it with 25 seconds left), it's pretty obvious they were hoping to use his "Live Life to It's Fullest" arm for a miracle heave.

ludo21
09-18-2012, 03:43 PM
If Osweiler had the chance to throw the hail mary vs Peyton the media would have been all over that..

"weak arm peyton"

AmericanBroncFan
09-18-2012, 03:49 PM
it was for hail marry

THIS! If we were to get the ball back at that time only would've had 20+ seconds. Brock was going to go in for the BOMB.

As for Peyton. After last night I think he may retire before the end of the year. When he watches those ducks on tape it will hurt him.

Binkythefrog
09-18-2012, 03:56 PM
THIS! If we were to get the ball back at that time only would've had 20+ seconds. Brock was going to go in for the BOMB.

As for Peyton. After last night I think he may retire before the end of the year. When he watches those ducks on tape it will hurt him.

Manning says he still rehabs everyday and I believe it. I almost think his mechanics look funky because a couple balls he threw (DT on post that he dropped in the end zone) look good, but then a couple others look like me trying to throw a football.

I think he's still getting physically adjusted - I think another offseason of good rehab and he'll be back close to 100% of what a 36 year old Manning would have been if he didn't get hurt. We've seen so many old athletes still have competitive arms (Farve, Warner, Roger Clemens, Jamie Moyer etc) that I think he still has improvement left in that arm.

AmericanBroncFan
09-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Manning says he still rehabs everyday and I believe it. I almost think his mechanics look funky because a couple balls he threw (DT on post that he dropped in the end zone) look good, but then a couple others look like me trying to throw a football.

I think he's still getting physically adjusted - I think another offseason of good rehab and he'll be back close to 100% of what a 36 year old Manning would have been if he didn't get hurt. We've seen so many old athletes still have competitive arms (Farve, Warner, Roger Clemens, Jamie Moyer etc) that I think he still has improvement left in that arm.

I can see where you might be right but how much time do put into a 36-37 year old QB when we have ROCKET sitting on the bench? I think if we don't go deep into the playoffs, this is a one and done deal.

Action
09-18-2012, 04:06 PM
Confirmed, Brock said he was getting warmed up for a Hail Mary.

maven
09-18-2012, 04:07 PM

That's great and all, but what else would it be?

AmericanBroncFan
09-18-2012, 04:13 PM
That's great and all, but what else would it be?

A bullet pass to the nuts of the ref that gave atl the fumble recovery

menonite
09-18-2012, 04:22 PM

So Manning's arm is shot then? Perfect.

At least there is always "Plan B'rock" to fall back on.

spdirty
09-18-2012, 04:25 PM
Trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. Peyton had a terrible quarter, he'll be fine, ozzy was warming up for the hail Mary because he has almost cutler like arm strength and manning never has.

Move on, i thought the over analyzing of the qb position was over around here.

mr007
09-18-2012, 04:26 PM
wtf is with you people? Peyton looked fine - he had a 50ish yard strike to Decker that went right through his hands. His problems weren't his mechanics or his arm, it was Atl D, being out of the league for a year, and throwing into coverage. wtf...

Tombstone RJ
09-18-2012, 04:26 PM
So Manning's arm is shot then? Perfect.

At least there is always "Plan B'rock" to fall back on.

Nah, it's a good plan. If the Broncos want to try a hail mary what's the point of Manning throwing the ball? I'm guessing that if the Broncos were within like say a 30-40 yard throw than Manning would have been in there. But if it would have been a 50+ yard chuck then why put Manning in there? Just let the kid chuck the ball and hope for the best.

menonite
09-18-2012, 04:28 PM
Move on, i thought the over analyzing of the qb position was over around here.

It will never be over as long as The Man keeps Caleb Hanie on the bench.

No justice - no peace.

HILife
09-18-2012, 04:32 PM
I can see where you might be right but how much time do put into a 36-37 year old QB when we have ROCKET sitting on the bench? I think if we don't go deep into the playoffs, this is a one and done deal.

No.

Dukes
09-18-2012, 04:42 PM
It will never be over as long as The Man keeps Caleb Hanie on the bench.

No justice - no peace.

Where do you people keep coming from?

menonite
09-18-2012, 05:00 PM
Where do you people keep coming from?

East Africa originally. Then northward into the Near East,. From there up into Eurasia into what is now called the Neander valley. . After a few ice ages and several millennia we ended up in Nebraska.

So.... Nebraska, I guess.

milehighJC
09-18-2012, 05:20 PM
Now in the Post. Wow, that would have lit up ESPN today...

"I was going in for the Hail Mary," Osweiler said. "I'm not sure what the dividing line was as far as me going in, but I was getting ready to go in."

Osweiler started warming up around the 2-minute warning with the Atlanta Falcons up 27-21. The Falcons had the ball at their 31, first-and-10 and a late punt likely would have given Denver the ball around its 25-yard line or so with seconds remaining.

Read more: Broncos' Brock Osweiler was ready to replace Peyton Manning - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21573841/broncos-brock-osweiler-replace-peyton-manning#ixzz26rmOrrRJ
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

UberBroncoMan
09-18-2012, 05:24 PM
it was for hail marry

^ this

razorwire77
09-18-2012, 05:29 PM
Typical sports media cycle bs. Nothing to see here. Why have your 36-year-old QB throw the meaningless Hail Mary, when you can have your 6'6" rookie with a big arm throw it?

nyuk nyuk
09-18-2012, 05:32 PM
wtf is with you people? Peyton looked fine - he had a 50ish yard strike to Decker that went right through his hands. His problems weren't his mechanics or his arm, it was Atl D, being out of the league for a year, and throwing into coverage. wtf...

Unprofessional clowns like Jason Whitlock hype and spin and people eat it up.

Rock Chalk
09-18-2012, 06:02 PM
One small thread, so much stupid.

Amazing.

DeuceOfClub
09-18-2012, 06:24 PM

First time I hear anyone calling Caleb Hanie 'ROCKET'.

Mogulseeker
09-18-2012, 06:35 PM
Just watching around the horn and Woody stated that Brock was warming up on the sideline, said his source said it was either for a trick play or Manning was struggling physically...discuss

My personal opinion ofc is that if we needed a hail marry, we needed someone that could actually get the ball downfield

You know, I thought about that during the game... putting Ozzy in if we needed a long pass.

Mogulseeker
09-18-2012, 06:36 PM
First time I hear anyone calling Caleb Hanie 'ROCKET'.

Hanie was in street clothes. But both Ozzy and Hanie do have arm strength that is well above the average starting QB in the NFL. Arm strength isn't everything.

Lestat
09-18-2012, 06:37 PM
Brock has a cannon for an arm so that doesn't shock me.

Jay3
09-18-2012, 06:41 PM
If Peyton unloaded a hail mary, his head might fall off.

lonestar
09-18-2012, 06:50 PM

come on,,,,,, Woody the moron,, who even pays attention to the ass clown..

cmhargrove
09-18-2012, 07:22 PM
McCoy was warming up the zone read play for another go around....

Pontius Pirate
09-18-2012, 07:51 PM
Here's the NFL article about it:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000063773/article/brock-osweiler-i-was-ready-to-make-hail-mary-throw

I think it's interesting to suggest (like the author) that Peyton has never been able to throw a hail mary. I also have a warm turd in my pants.

baja
09-18-2012, 07:55 PM
See how smart Fox is. He did that so Houston will play closer to the line thinking Manning can't go deep. Boom Peyton hits DT on a 60 yard bomb. Remember you heard it here first. ;D

maven
09-18-2012, 08:05 PM
I feel a lot better now and now I can see why Denver spent a 2nd round pick on Brock. He can be used for game situations like this.

Jay3
09-18-2012, 08:11 PM
This quote from the article:

Osweiler was the hoss for the job

gives me the idea that "Hoss" is a better nickname for Osweiler than Oz.

wolf754life
09-18-2012, 08:16 PM
manning cannot throw the vertical on the outside, bubba caldwell doesn't even dress for the squad

menonite
09-18-2012, 08:16 PM
Hos's

Punisher
09-18-2012, 08:21 PM
I figured he was just bored, hell might as well throw the old pigskin around.

razorwire77
09-18-2012, 08:48 PM
Hos's

http://adamgoodrich.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/c303emotivational-posters-i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

bombay
09-19-2012, 03:40 PM
It says a lot about espn that they are trying to make a huge deal about who can heave a nohoper further at the end of a game.