PDA

View Full Version : “I’ll be honest, they’re like fans. One of the refs was talking about his fantasy team"

Killericon
09-18-2012, 08:52 AM
“I’ll be honest, they’re like fans. One of the refs was talking about his fantasy team, like ‘McCoy, come on, I need you for my fantasy." - LeSean McCoy (http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/09/18/lesean-mccoy-says-replacement-ref-told-him-i-need-you-for-my-fantasy-team/#.UFh-us8lkHs.twitter)

swaiy
09-18-2012, 09:12 AM
Hell nah. This is ridiculous.

Crushaholic
09-18-2012, 09:19 AM
I think it would be hard to be a referee, and be totally unbiased. Even if you aren't refereeing your favorite team, having another team lose HELPS your team...

ColoradoDarin
09-18-2012, 09:22 AM
I'm not surprised at all, last night looked like the refs had money on the Falcons

Bigdawg26
09-18-2012, 09:27 AM
I'm not surprised at all, last night looked like the refs had money on the Falcons

I would be too. I still don't get why the broncos had to challenge almost all their touchdowns. Also, I still don't understand if Franklin (6-5 320) lands on the ball and comes out the pile with the ball why it is Atlanta's ball? That play change the dynamic of the game!

Blart
09-18-2012, 09:29 AM
You get what you pay for.

houghtam
09-18-2012, 09:30 AM
If the league really cared about the quality of the games this would have been solved years ago. Refs are part time. Ed Hochuli is a freaking trial attorney.

Hire full-time refs, make them attend classes and meetings with the competition committee in the offseason, and pay them a yearly salary. Make it worth their while to immerse themselves in the game, not be thinking about their day job while missing a call.

razorwire77
09-18-2012, 09:32 AM
Not saying it's happening, but hypothetically speaking, how easy would it be for a nefarious character with gambling interests to flash 50K in a suitcase to get these guys do something. We're talking about semi-retired former WAC officials and middle school gym teachers, who probably make that in a year (if they're lucky.)

Chris
09-18-2012, 09:36 AM
Not saying it's happening, but hypothetically speaking, how easy would it be for a nefarious character with gambling interests to flash 50K in a suitcase to get these guys do something. We're talking about semi-retired former WAC officials and middle school gym teachers, who probably make that in a year (if they're lucky.)

Has the NFL run background checks on these guys? They're either bribed or they suck. Either way, this is ****ing ridiculous. They need to go.

My distaste for Goodell has turned into full blown hatred after this. He's a greedy, smug dickhead.

Stan
09-18-2012, 09:42 AM
It sure seemed like they ended having a chip on their shoulder toward Denver because of all the ass chewing they were getting from Fox. It seemed like they were reluctant to throw penalties when it was in Denver's favor. Like the PI call when I think it was Stokely was held they had to plead with the ref before he finally threw the flag.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-18-2012, 09:46 AM

This.

Chris
09-18-2012, 09:49 AM
It sure seemed like they ended having a chip on their shoulder toward Denver because of all the ass chewing they were getting from Fox. It seemed like they were reluctant to throw penalties when it was in Denver's favor. Like the PI call when I think it was Stokely was held they had to plead with the ref before he finally threw the flag.

Stan, epic lurker.

Garcia Bronco
09-18-2012, 09:53 AM
Everyone is bias. It cannot be Elimated from a behavioral perspective. However the appearance is the problem and these kind of comments are unacceptable.

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-18-2012, 09:53 AM
The simple fact that after 2 weeks there are more than a couple games that have been decided based on these refs. That better get the NFLs attention. Cause ignoring it will piss off fans and players even more

Crushaholic
09-18-2012, 10:09 AM
The simple fact that after 2 weeks there are more than a couple games that have been decided based on these refs. That better get the NFLs attention. Cause ignoring it will piss off fans and players even more

This wasn't one of them, though. Peyton's early interceptions decided the game...

lolcopter
09-18-2012, 10:12 AM
This wasn't one of them, though. Peyton's early interceptions decided the game...

notsureifserious.jpg

Botched fumble call
Phantom PI on carter
Phantom hold on Dreessen
Missed TD call for Thomas
Botched PI call after tipped ball
Spotting the ball wrong multiple times
Not handling calls in a timely fashion
Not ejecting players who pushed refs
Having to overturn at least 4 calls

Etc etc etc totally unacceptable

gyldenlove
09-18-2012, 10:13 AM
So, one of the refs assigned to the Bucs game was a Bucs fan and was only caught last minute because of some facebook pictures. One of the Refs in the Seahawks game has been paid by the Seahawks for 4 years to work their training camps and now one of them pulls something like this.

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-18-2012, 10:16 AM

I would say the blown call on the fumble was pretty big. That was a scoring drive and in 3 point range. We don't know what the atl TD drive would've been without that Phantom PI call on Carter. Or the extra 6 yards they gave us before the half. These refs have a direct impact in all games compared to real refs. Calling college fouls that are legal in football is unacceptable.

ColoradoDarin
09-18-2012, 10:19 AM
Remember when Matt Hasselbeck threw an interception in the Superbowl and then got a penalty for tackling?

That's basically happening on every series in every game this year.

Crushaholic
09-18-2012, 10:20 AM
notsureifserious.jpg

Botched fumble call
Phantom PI on carter
Phantom hold on Dreessen

It wasn't clear that he had two feet inbounds, until the slo-mo replay proved it. I'm not going to pin that on the refs. The other points are valid, though. However, giving the ball to the Falcons (deep in their territory) multiple times didn't help the cause. And Fox challenging a "too many men on the field" call? WTF was that? Save the challenges for something that actually matters...Ha!

oubronco
09-18-2012, 10:22 AM
notsureifserious.jpg

Botched fumble call
Phantom PI on carter
Phantom hold on Dreessen

This is the most headscratcher to me

lolcopter
09-18-2012, 10:22 AM
It wasn't clear that he had two feet inbounds, until the slo-mo replay proved it. I'm not going to pin that on the refs. The other points are valid, though. However, giving the ball to the Falcons (deep in their territory) multiple times didn't help the cause...

Except for the fact that there was a ref no more than two feet away from the play eye balling the sideline.

The turnovers hurt, no doubt. But the officiating crew was a complete and utter failure

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-18-2012, 10:26 AM
You are right the TOs are the worst. But even with those they could've pulled it out had the refs been capable of calling a decent game. That fumble was ours. Replay showed Franklin dropping right on it after it squeezed out off the shoulders of a falcon. Would that have been 7 broncos points? Don't know but it was a huge turning point since it was in scoring territory. Morenos fault it was fumbled, refs fault we didn't keep it. And the PI call was hilarious. Tony carter wasnt even touching the reciever. That was on a falcon scoring drive too. Calls that impacted the game.

Hercules Rockefeller
09-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Except for the fact that there was a ref no more than two feet away from the play eye balling the sideline.

The turnovers hurt, no doubt. But the officiating crew was a complete and utter failure

Oh please, get off that call. I doubt most of the regular refs initially call that a TD it happened so fast.

broncosteven
09-18-2012, 10:31 AM
I tried calling the league office phone # to complain and it was busy.

Anyone have a phone # that works?

DomCasual
09-18-2012, 10:31 AM
I think it would be hard to be a referee, and be totally unbiased. Even if you aren't refereeing your favorite team, having another team lose HELPS your team...

Or, if you just have a douchebag in your game.

"There were seven fouls on the play! We have unsportsmanlike conduct on the offense, number seventeen - player was being a douche. Then we have unsportsmanlike conduct on the offense, number seventeen - making a pouty face. Also, let's see, we have unsportsmanlike conduct on the offense, number seventeen - the side judge doesn't like frat boys. Following the play, we have unsportsmanlike conduct on the offense, number seventeen - player gave a pretentious smile. Following the pretentious smile, we have unsportsmanlike conduct on the offense, number seventeen - just because. And finally, we have unsportsmanlike conduct on the offense, number seventeen - just because I've always hated him. Number seventeen has been ejected from the game."

milehighJC
09-18-2012, 10:35 AM

Yep.

I'm not saying its happening either, but when you think about it, its almost a perfect storm. They are in a very temporary job. Everyone expects they will miss some calls. The NFL doesn't seem to care that they are missing calls. If you are a replacement ref, you take the suitcase, and you have a nice down payment on a house or a new car, and as long as you are only doing it once, the likelihood of being caught is relatively small - no pattern of behavioral change is there to be detected.

Having said that, and as BAD as they were last night, I don't think it changed the game. Three picks and a fumble early in the game set the Broncos destiny. I cant STAND Atlanta, but Nolan threw some very weird looks at the Broncos, and it paid off. Got to tip the hat to them at some level. I don't ever recall seeing so much defensive movement and chaos before the snap. I bet we see a whole lot more of that for a while...

jc

razorwire77
09-18-2012, 10:35 AM
This entire situation speaks of the arrogance of the owners and Roger. The NFL basically thinks it can take a big **** on the chest of the consumer (us) and we'll sit back and take it. I think they're right to a certain extent, but the quality of the officiating has certainly impacted my enjoyment of the game. Should Denver falter down the stretch, I guarantee you I'm not watching any non-Bronco playoff games with these scrubs.

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-18-2012, 10:38 AM
I tried calling the league office phone # to complain and it was busy.

Anyone have a phone # that works?

I FedExed a pair of glasses and a football rules for dummies book to a couple refs apartments.

Sent that real skinny ref some cheeseburgers.

broncosteven
09-18-2012, 10:55 AM
I sent an email in.

Dear Sir,

The officiating product you have placed on the field the last 2 weeks is atrocious. It is getting worse not better, your product is hard to watch. I have been a fan of the NFL and the Denver Broncos since 1973 and in all those years only the strike years where scabs played has the NFL fielded a worse product.

If you ever want to speak to the “integrity of the game” you will resolve whatever issue you have with your top officiating crews and get them back on the field as soon as possible. I have the Directv Sunday ticket and watched a lot of different football games the last 2 weeks and the poor quality of officiating was not limited to the Denver vs Atlanta PRIME Time game. The officials in the Monday night PRIME Time game could not make the proper calls, spot the ball, and keep the game moving. Also the fact that after a bad fumble by Denver’s Knowshon Moreno the officials gave the ball to Atlanta despite a Bronco controlling the ball before the pile formed and came up with it after the pile was dispersed!

How can you expect officials that have never called a “Professional” NFL game in their life make the right calls without proper experience?

Later in the game an official called a clear touchdown on a great catch by Denvers Demarius Thomas incomplete even though Thomas clearly controlled the ball, had his 1st foot in bounds then dragged his 2nd foot, which actually kicked up the rubber pellets from the turf and was plain to see. What was this official looking at?

There is a clear consistency problem on calls made by all of YOUR temporary officiating crews throughout the league. They are hurting your brand and it needs to be addressed NOW!

I spend thousands of dollars every year on your product going to many games in many markets as well as buying your branded apparel. I deserve the right to see everyone you field at your stadiums perform to the highest level. If I wanted to watch a poor product I would tune into a Florida vs Toledo game on Saturdays.

This is unacceptable and needs to be addressed TODAY!

Beantown Bronco
09-18-2012, 11:09 AM
I don't ever recall seeing so much defensive movement and chaos before the snap. I bet we see a whole lot more of that for a while...

jc

Given how the offense adjusted to it late in the game, I doubt it. Manning won't be fooled by the same thing twice.

Rolandftw
09-18-2012, 11:09 AM
notsureifserious.jpg

Botched fumble call
Phantom PI on carter
Phantom hold on Dreessen

1. We don't really know if the botched fumble call was really botched. Yeah, Franklin looked like he landed on it, but he might not have... Atlanta could have gotten the ball back, and it be visible for the refs and Franklin could have took it back after the fact. Further explanation from the refs would have been helpful

2. PI call was a bad one for sure, as was missing the tipped pass

3. TD call was pretty tough. I thought it was incomplete in real time.

4. None of that other stuff really decided the game. Bottomline is you're going to lose when you give up 4 turnovers and cause none.

Beantown Bronco
09-18-2012, 11:12 AM
1. We don't really know if the botched fumble call was really botched. Yeah, Franklin looked like he landed on it, but he might not have... Atlanta could have gotten the ball back, and it be visible for the refs and Franklin could have took it back after the fact. Further explanation from the refs would have been helpful

Every camera angle that was shown to us, and available to the refs, confirmed that it was botched. At least three different angles were available and all showed the same thing: that the ball never touched the hands of an Atlanta player before the pig pile started. And, since the call was made before the pig pile started, that's all that matters.

Like Franklin said, the ref made the call early before the ball was even settled. It was BS.

maven
09-18-2012, 11:13 AM
When I heard that backwoods, southerner, redneck lead ref calling fouls. I was worried.

ColoradoDarin
09-18-2012, 11:20 AM
When I heard that backwoods, southerner, redneck lead ref calling fouls. I was worried.

Yeah, because anyone with a southern accent is a backwoods redneck, right?

http://static8.businessinsider.com/image/4f67a505ecad04575a000001-400-293/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-uniform.jpg

Oh.

Rolandftw
09-18-2012, 11:20 AM
Every camera angle that was shown to us, and available to the refs, confirmed that it was botched. At least three different angles were available and all showed the same thing: that the ball never touched the hands of an Atlanta player before the pig pile started. And, since the call was made before the pig pile started, that's all that matters.

Like Franklin said, the ref made the call early before the ball was even settled. It was BS.

Even if that is true, I have a difficult time saying that call made us lose the game. We were sloppy on offense much of the night, and that was the primary reason why we lost. Tough to take because I think we are a better team then Atlanta

sgbfan
09-18-2012, 11:26 AM

Same with the Matt Ryan late hit. Whether or not that was really a late hit (didn't watch the replay closely to see if Mays tried to hold up or not) the ref threw the flag long after Ryan got up and pleaded for it.

Beantown Bronco
09-18-2012, 11:27 AM
Even if that is true, I have a difficult time saying that call made us lose the game. We were sloppy on offense much of the night, and that was the primary reason why we lost. Tough to take because I think we are a better team then Atlanta

We would've had the ball at their 30 with a first down. Instead, the Falcons get the ball back and our defense has to go out there with no rest for the 4th time and gives upa field goal. 6 pt swing in a 6 pt game. An argument can certainly be made with a straight face.

Regardless, nobody is saying that one call absolutely cost us the game. There are a dozen or so to choose from, though. And when you add them all up, it's clear that these replacement refs can easily decide who wins and loses games.

gyldenlove
09-18-2012, 11:30 AM
This is the most headscratcher to me

The refs yesterday were clearly not comfortable, look at how many calls were only made after extensive complaining and how many flags were picked up without explanation.

It is pretty clear the replacement refs are not capable of controlling the game and standing up for their calls, they are simply not working as a team. I can't work out what they are so worried about, they are not going to become NFL refs - they will all be out on their asses as soon as the lockout ends.

Blueflame
09-18-2012, 11:32 AM
The bottom line for me is... is it really worth it to devote 3 hours to watching a "sporting" event that is basically a hybrid of pro wrestling and Keystone Kops; with the outcome ultimately determined by the ineptitude of unqualified officials? Unless it's the Broncos playing, I'm not sure it is. I love NFL football, but what's on the field right now is nothing more than a joke.

crawdad
09-18-2012, 11:34 AM
The referees are clearly intimidated by veteran coaches.

maven
09-18-2012, 11:36 AM
Yeah, because anyone with a southern accent is a backwoods redneck, right?

http://static8.businessinsider.com/image/4f67a505ecad04575a000001-400-293/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-uniform.jpg

Oh.

He sucked last night too.

:twokisses

broncocalijohn
09-18-2012, 11:40 AM

Oh, that almost happened during the Saints game. They pulled the ref during warmups. His Facebook page had him in his Saints gear. How in the hell do you put someone doing the local game and not even ask who their favorite team is in the NFL?

http://www.webpronews.com/nfl-referee-yanked-after-facebook-outs-him-as-hardcore-saints-fan-2012-09

Enough embarrassment for the NFL?

maven
09-18-2012, 11:42 AM
The bottom line for me is... is it really worth it to devote 3 hours to watching a "sporting" event that is basically a hybrid of pro wrestling and Keystone Kops; with the outcome ultimately determined by the ineptitude of unqualified officials? Unless it's the Broncos playing, I'm not sure it is. I love NFL football, but what's on the field right now is nothing more than a joke.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/macho-man-randy-savage-womens-t-shirt-39992-p.png

broncocalijohn
09-18-2012, 11:44 AM

Do you realize a Bronco came out of the pile with the ball?

Bacchus
09-18-2012, 11:55 AM
I sent an email in.

Dear Sir,

The officiating product you have placed on the field the last 2 weeks is atrocious. It is getting worse not better, your product is hard to watch. I have been a fan of the NFL and the Denver Broncos since 1973 and in all those years only the strike years where scabs played has the NFL fielded a worse product.

If you ever want to speak to the “integrity of the game” you will resolve whatever issue you have with your top officiating crews and get them back on the field as soon as possible. I have the Directv Sunday ticket and watched a lot of different football games the last 2 weeks and the poor quality of officiating was not limited to the Denver vs Atlanta PRIME Time game. The officials in the Monday night PRIME Time game could not make the proper calls, spot the ball, and keep the game moving. Also the fact that after a bad fumble by Denver’s Knowshon Moreno the officials gave the ball to Atlanta despite a Bronco controlling the ball before the pile formed and came up with it after the pile was dispersed!

How can you expect officials that have never called a “Professional” NFL game in their life make the right calls without proper experience?

Later in the game an official called a clear touchdown on a great catch by Denvers Demarius Thomas incomplete even though Thomas clearly controlled the ball, had his 1st foot in bounds then dragged his 2nd foot, which actually kicked up the rubber pellets from the turf and was plain to see. What was this official looking at?

There is a clear consistency problem on calls made by all of YOUR temporary officiating crews throughout the league. They are hurting your brand and it needs to be addressed NOW!

I spend thousands of dollars every year on your product going to many games in many markets as well as buying your branded apparel. I deserve the right to see everyone you field at your stadiums perform to the highest level. If I wanted to watch a poor product I would tune into a Florida vs Toledo game on Saturdays.

This is unacceptable and needs to be addressed TODAY!

I'm sending this letter as well!!

extralife
09-18-2012, 02:26 PM
If the league really cared about the quality of the games this would have been solved years ago. Refs are part time. Ed Hochuli is a freaking trial attorney.

Hire full-time refs, make them attend classes and meetings with the competition committee in the offseason, and pay them a yearly salary. Make it worth their while to immerse themselves in the game, not be thinking about their day job while missing a call.

Bingo

and there needs to be a reliable way to identify and train the next generation of refs while we're at it. I don't think there are really any systems in place at all right now.

ZONA
09-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Steve Young explained it well last night. The owners are trying to break the UNION. Most of the NFL owners I would suspect are Republicans, which are not for unions. They're against unions. Makes sense to me. Either way, union or not, the NFL needs FULL TIME REFS. Enough of this nonsense of part time refs. Unreal.

Tombstone RJ
09-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Yep.

I'm not saying its happening either, but when you think about it, its almost a perfect storm. They are in a very temporary job. Everyone expects they will miss some calls. The NFL doesn't seem to care that they are missing calls. If you are a replacement ref, you take the suitcase, and you have a nice down payment on a house or a new car, and as long as you are only doing it once, the likelihood of being caught is relatively small - no pattern of behavioral change is there to be detected.

Having said that, and as BAD as they were last night, I don't think it changed the game. Three picks and a fumble early in the game set the Broncos destiny. I cant STAND Atlanta, but Nolan threw some very weird looks at the Broncos, and it paid off. Got to tip the hat to them at some level. I don't ever recall seeing so much defensive movement and chaos before the snap. I bet we see a whole lot more of that for a while...

jc

yah, pay $50k cash for a car or a down payment on a house after being a replacement ref and no one will question where all this "extra" cash is coming from?

Unless said ref can launder the money, it's not gonna work. Especially if the Ginger Hammer gets wind of it.

teknic
09-18-2012, 04:28 PM

2. PI call was a bad one for sure, as was missing the tipped pass

3. TD call was pretty tough. I thought it was incomplete in real time.

4. None of that other stuff really decided the game. Bottomline is you're going to lose when you give up 4 turnovers and cause none.

The Broncos shouldn't have been in the game with 3 quick interceptions (2 deep in their own territory) and a fumble, but by some miracle of defense, we were still in the game. That makes those calls very relevant to the outcome of the game.

On the fumble, we were already in field goal range and moving the ball well. The offense probably would have the TD, but at the least a FG (-3 points, or -7 if you are optimistic). The Falcons scored a TD off of the ensuing drive from the bull**** call, so -7 points. That's a 10point swing thanks to the refs.

The blown pass interference was also critical. It was a third down, and the drive was only extended due to that ridiculous call. The drive resulted in a Falcons TD. Once again, they can thank the refs for allowing them to continue the drive and score.

The normal NFL officials aren't perfect, but they rarely directly affect the outcome of the game (unless Brady happens to be in that game). The problem with the replacements isn't necessarily with the missed calls, the real problem is the lack of consistency with their calls.

It was obvious to anyone who was watching last night that the offensive lines and defensive backs of denver and atlanta were playing by two different sets of rules. The Falcons dbs got away with molesting the Denver receivers all night, while the Broncos dbs were called for pass interference when they're not even touching the receiver. Broncos Oline called for a bunch of holds, most left me scratching my head, while the Falcons apparently do not hold, contrary to what my eyes are telling me. Offensive holding is a big penalty, it kills drives. Pass interference is a big penalty, it is an automatic first down and usually good yardage.

The replacement refs do not know what they are doing, and are incapable of managing a game.

HAT
09-18-2012, 04:46 PM
I'm sending this letter as well!!

So is pricejj.....!Booya!

oubronco
09-18-2012, 04:55 PM
"Point blank the NFL don't care" signed a lot of the commentary guys

maher_tyler
09-18-2012, 05:21 PM
"Controlled Chaos"

- John Fox

spdirty
09-18-2012, 05:21 PM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fdW36gWDFu0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

I'm afraid the only way to really fix this is for DeMaurice Smith to back up his words to organize a strike in the name of player safety.

Lestat
09-18-2012, 06:21 PM
I would be too. I still don't get why the broncos had to challenge almost all their touchdowns. Also, I still don't understand if Franklin (6-5 320) lands on the ball and comes out the pile with the ball why it is Atlanta's ball? That play change the dynamic of the game!

that was some straight up bull. i almost threw something at my TV with that call.

razorwire77
09-18-2012, 06:24 PM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fdW36gWDFu0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

I'm afraid the only way to really fix this is for DeMaurice Smith to back up his words to organize a strike in the name of player safety.

Steve Young is a smart man.

Tombstone RJ
09-18-2012, 07:21 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oHg5SJYRHA0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bacchus
09-18-2012, 07:36 PM

Props to Steve Young for telling it like it is.

Bacchus
09-18-2012, 07:59 PM
I was on NFL.com

Stories
Manning doesn't have it
MJD Drunk driving
Vince Young is broke
Steelers and Eagles on the upswing

hmmmm............... not one story on the officiating. Is that bogus or what?

lonestar
09-18-2012, 08:00 PM
Props to Steve Young for telling it like it is.

actually how he sees it now necessarily how it is..

Bacchus
09-18-2012, 08:07 PM
At least ESN has a few storie on how badthe offciating was in week 2. Here is oneof them.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8394294/nfl-coaches-players-fed-fill-refs

spdirty
09-18-2012, 08:12 PM
I was on NFL.com

Stories
Manning doesn't have it
MJD Drunk driving
Vince Young is broke
Steelers and Eagles on the upswing

hmmmm............... not one story on the officiating. Is that bogus or what?

About halfway down they do have the Lesean McCoy quote on there.

Bacchus
09-19-2012, 06:03 AM
About halfway down they do have the Lesean McCoy quote on there.

oh, ok. I guess I was jjust looking for "Officials" in a thread.

bronco militia
09-19-2012, 08:02 AM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/lol-bah-stupid-refs.jpg

gyldenlove
09-19-2012, 08:41 AM
This thing is not getting resolved until some owners get so disgruntled over losing games due to bad refereeing they force a move - or if the NFLPA bring out the big guns and threaten strikes or file a lawsuit - or potentially congress gets involved.

The NFL is so committed to continuing the narrative that the replacements are doing fine that they have no time for negotiations.

broncocalijohn
09-19-2012, 08:58 AM
Steve Young is a smart man.

Until we hear he is suspended or has vacation time for a few weeks. Oh wait, he isn't on NFL channel. Nevermind.

broncocalijohn
09-19-2012, 09:00 AM
At least ESN has a few storie on how badthe offciating was in week 2. Here is oneof them.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8394294/nfl-coaches-players-fed-fill-refs

Not as bad as you trying to spell out your post on your keyboard. Yikes!

Bacchus
09-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Not as bad as you trying to spell out your post on your keyboard. Yikes!

LOL...

I cannot type. Every single ****ing post I have to go back a prrof read and then change. Maybe I'll just let all my typos stand and let you guys work through them.

bronco militia
09-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Cortland Finnegan likes replacements: “They let you play football”
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 19, 2012, 4:40 PM EDT

The biggest controversy in Week Two of the regular season came when Rams cornerback Cortland Finnegan bumped Redskins receiver Josh Morgan, Morgan retaliated by throwing the ball at Finnegan, and the officials reacted by flagging Morgan but not Finnegan. So it’s not surprising that Finnegan thinks the replacement officials are doing a fine job.

Finnegan told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that the replacements working in the NFL while the regular officials are locked out have received his seal of approval.

“They just let you play football,” Finnegan said. “They let you play football out there, and that’s one of those things you enjoy.”

Although NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is leading the lockout, Finnegan said he actually sees the replacement officials as a counterweight to the rules changes that Goodell has tried to make.

“I admire the old-school players,” Finnegan said. “The [Jack] Tatums, you know, the Mean Joe Greenes. Those guys played football. . . . That was football. It’s been watered down since, with the commissioner and the rules.”

A guy who has said he aspires to be the dirtiest player in the NFL saying he likes the replacement officials because they don’t enforce the rules as stringently as the regular officials isn’t exactly a ringing endorsement of the quality of the replacements’ work. But thinking the replacements are doing a fine job is one issue on which Finnegan and Goodell can find common ground.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/19/cortland-finnegan-likes-replacements-they-let-you-play-football/

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/78/Trollface.svg/200px-Trollface.svg.png