PDA

View Full Version : most frustrating Bronco to watch play?

Gort
09-18-2012, 06:55 AM
when they were on the team and playing, which recent Broncos player most made you want to kick your TV set because of their play?

lolcopter
09-18-2012, 06:57 AM
Decker blows and Knowshon fumbles. Mays gets retarded flags

Tough choice

Steve Sewell
09-18-2012, 07:00 AM
Bronco linebackers in pass coverage.

CEH
09-18-2012, 07:01 AM
Moore just becuase he can't catch and I know they is something stupid coming from him in the near future

Garcia Bronco
09-18-2012, 07:01 AM
Michael Dean Perry

That's right...I am still not over it. :P

lolcopter
09-18-2012, 07:02 AM
Bronco linebackers in pass coverage.

Good one

The poll sucks btw

Gort
09-18-2012, 07:03 AM
Good one

The poll sucks btw

who else should be on the list then? it has to be somebody who game in and game out is frustrating to watch, but actually plays.

all 4 choices fit that criteria.

bronco militia
09-18-2012, 07:03 AM
last night, Peyton Manning.

Kaylore
09-18-2012, 07:04 AM
Orton for me. It was like waiting for inevitable doom.

lolcopter
09-18-2012, 07:04 AM
who else should be on the list then?

A lot more current players, tebow, cutler

Rocket 7
09-18-2012, 07:18 AM
Mitch Berger because before he even punted we knew it would be a disaster.

TheReverend
09-18-2012, 07:20 AM
Orton by miles

Steve Prefontaine
09-18-2012, 07:40 AM
Michael Dean Perry

Me either. Get off the fking field you lazy sack. Should have been 3 in a row.

go_broncos
09-18-2012, 07:41 AM
Moreno

fontaine
09-18-2012, 07:59 AM
For me Moreno by far.

It's like he runs blindfolded while homing in on running into the back of his OL while getting easily tackled.

His contribution so far:

8 carries, 15 yards, 1.9 average
1 Fumble
1 complete whiff in pass protection leading to a sack.

It takes a special kind of assclown to attain that kind of level of fail.

EDIT: The only other contribution of note this year being arrested for driving drunk with license plates reading "SAUCED"

TheReverend
09-18-2012, 08:07 AM
Knowshon beating Orton?!

Clearly people forgot Orton already...

Taco John
09-18-2012, 08:08 AM
I'd have put Plummer on that list, especially his last season. But since this thread is really about finding a way to bash Moreno, I'll oblige. He was pretty weak last night.

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-18-2012, 08:14 AM
Moreno killed that drive. Refs screwed it up sure, but moreno put them in a position to screw up. It's time for the broncos to quit thinking he's a 1st rounder and just release him. Hillman doesn't even get to see the field because of this guy. Why can't hillman at least return punts? Was fun watchin Leonard do absolutely nothing on returns. He thinks he needs to run sideways.

Crushaholic
09-18-2012, 08:16 AM
Rahim Moore and Tony Carter were awful. Mike Adams was serviceable, and Porter-Bailey did a decent job. Matt Ryan pretty much abused our secondary...

ColoradoDarin
09-18-2012, 08:18 AM
Moreno killed that drive. Refs screwed it up sure, but moreno put them in a position to screw up. It's time for the broncos to quit thinking he's a 1st rounder and just release him. Hillman doesn't even get to see the field because of this guy. Why can't hillman at least return punts? Was fun watchin Leonard do absolutely nothing on returns. He thinks he needs to run sideways.

I was pissed at that - last punt he was in on, he could have gone straight ahead and gained 8-12 yards of field position, instead he tried to gain the far corner and was tackled for no gain.

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-18-2012, 08:37 AM
I was pissed at that - last punt he was in on, he could have gone straight ahead and gained 8-12 yards of field position, instead he tried to gain the far corner and was tackled for no gain.

Ha! Yep. Can't do much with a fair catch. But when he had chances to run he ran sideways.

Endy
09-18-2012, 08:43 AM
Nate Webster

fontaine
09-18-2012, 09:01 AM
Knowshon beating Orton?!

Clearly people forgot Orton already...

Orton was horrible to watch also but at least with a decent OL/WRs you could get some production from him and he actually gave a crap at times.

I still remember Orton hobbling back on the field with a badly injured ankle and putting his body on the line because our backup Chris Simms was single handedly winning the game for the Skins.

Orton's severely limited as a QB but before his final season he actually gave it his all (as weak as it was).

With Moreno, he's got the physical talent but doesn't really play like he gives a crap.

IBeWriteGood
09-18-2012, 09:12 AM
This poll is frustrating to look at because it's dumb.

IBeWriteGood
09-18-2012, 09:13 AM

Do you understand the concept of a sunken cost? Just because Knoshown isn't living up to his draft status doesn't mean you just release him. He's not expensive. And if he's healthy, he's our 2nd best back.

He's still a decent back and can make plays at times (see the 4th quarter drive he kept alive by making a defender miss).

SMFH. Save me the Lance Ball and Ronnie Hillman talk.

Gort
09-18-2012, 09:18 AM
This poll is frustrating to look at because it's dumb.

100 post rule.

broncocalijohn
09-18-2012, 09:18 AM
George Foster sucked monkey balls. Make that elephant balls. I gave him the nickname "Swinging Door" and wish he would have taken in and ran with it. What a waste of a high pick by Shanny. Since Cutler has been more of a douche since his debut as a Bronco, I wonder how much he would rip into that slob now...and I would completely support Cutler doing so.

Gort
09-18-2012, 09:19 AM
Do you understand the concept of a sunken cost? Just because Knoshown isn't living up to his draft status doesn't mean you just release him. He's not expensive. And if he's healthy, he's our 2nd best back.

He's still a decent back and can make plays at times (see the 4th quarter drive he kept alive by making a defender miss).

SMFH. Save me the Lance Ball and Ronnie Hillman talk.

http://www.troll.me/images/jackie-chan-whut/why-you-so-crazy-you-are-making-my-head-explode.jpg

IBeWriteGood
09-18-2012, 09:20 AM
100 post rule.

So, I should wait until I have 100 posts before pointing out the irrationality and "derp" nature of a poll?

What good would that do?

Smiling Assassin27
09-18-2012, 09:20 AM
And if he's healthy, he's our 2nd best back.

I have yet to see evidence of this. He's soft, slow, unwilling to run downhill, and fumbles at inopportune times. I say you DO release him and call it addition by subtraction. Ball can do all KM can do (and does it regularly), so KM is really tits on a bull--useless. He's just a guy. KM does everything but does nothing well. Those kinds of backs are a dime a dozen in the NFL, but they aren't difference makers. Hillman is a project, to be sure, but Ball is the second best back on this team, and that's rather sad. Oh, to have inked Mike Bush.

vancejohnson82
09-18-2012, 09:22 AM
Ashley lelie,roc alexander

IBeWriteGood
09-18-2012, 09:22 AM
http://www.troll.me/images/jackie-chan-whut/why-you-so-crazy-you-are-making-my-head-explode.jpg

John Fox agrees with me.

We must assume he is as much of a moron as I am.

Let me guess...you're a fan of Lance Ball?

Gort
09-18-2012, 09:25 AM
So, I should wait until I have 100 posts before pointing out the irrationality and "derp" nature of a poll?

What good would that do?

didn't realize we had to clear posts with you in advance. does everyone know this? maybe it should be part of the rules for the site.

Gort
09-18-2012, 09:26 AM
Ashley lelie,roc alexander

good call on Ashley, but i think part of what made him frustrating to watch was the fact that Plummer didn't have the arm strength to get the ball to him. he would have dropped it anyway. probably.

BroncoLifer
09-18-2012, 09:26 AM
Griese. Directly responsible for ending the effective career of 50% of Denver Bronco NFL and Super Bowl MVPs.

IBeWriteGood
09-18-2012, 09:27 AM
I have yet to see evidence of this. He's soft, slow, unwilling to run downhill, and fumbles at inopportune times. I say you DO release him and call it addition by subtraction. Ball can do all KM can do (and does it regularly), so KM is really boobies on a bull--useless. He's just a guy. KM does everything but does nothing well. Those kinds of backs are a dime a dozen in the NFL, but they aren't difference makers. Hillman is a project, to be sure, but Ball is the second best back on this team, and that's rather sad. Oh, to have inked Mike Bush.

The only evidence you need to see is that an NFL coaching staff is giving Moreno more snaps than ball.

Again, you don't get rid of a guy just because he underperforms relative to draft status.

I'm not saying Moreno is all world...he's definitely frustrating to watch at times. And I know it's popular to be bold for the sake of pointing out a particular disappointment with a player. But I can't take anyone who would rather have Ball over Moreno seriously. Sorry. We'll have to agree to disagree.

IBeWriteGood
09-18-2012, 09:30 AM
didn't realize we had to clear posts with you in advance. does everyone know this? maybe it should be part of the rules for the site.

What are you talking about?

You're the one who condescendingly brought up the 100 post rule.

And now you want to retort with a passive aggressive comment because you don't agree with me?

You don't have to clear anything with anyone. But I think it's rather clear that the poll is intended to invoke the "Moreno sucks herpity derpity (breaths through mouth" hivemind.

ColoradoDarin
09-18-2012, 09:38 AM
The only evidence you need to see is that an NFL coaching staff is giving Moreno more snaps than ball.

Again, you don't get rid of a guy just because he underperforms relative to draft status.

I'm not saying Moreno is all world...he's definitely frustrating to watch at times. And I know it's popular to be bold for the sake of pointing out a particular disappointment with a player. But I can't take anyone who would rather have Ball over Moreno seriously. Sorry. We'll have to agree to disagree.

I agree with you on Moreno (plus I don't want the $22 I spent last year on his jersey to go to waste :) ), but you have to come with a better argument than an appeal to authority. Fox and all other coaches are not infallible. They started Orton over Tebow last year...

tsiguy96
09-18-2012, 09:39 AM
orton atleast had good games and good plays. has moreno ever shown that?

Gort
09-18-2012, 09:51 AM

And now you want to retort with a passive aggressive comment because you don't agree with me?

You don't have to clear anything with anyone. But I think it's rather clear that the poll is intended to invoke the "Moreno sucks herpity derpity (breaths through mouth" hivemind.

you're the one (with a membership just days old) who dismissed the poll as irrational and worthy of only "derp" responses.

it's a legit poll. you can't read my mind, so don't try (i have my tinfoil hat on right now). this poll was made because Knowshon reminded me of other Broncos who were equally frustrating to watch play. it's not a bash Knowshon poll. if you disagree with the options, then there is a choice called "other". enlighten me on who i omitted. instead, you chose to attack the poll's validity. that's why i brought up the 100 post rule, which CLEARLY applies to your contributions to this thread.

IBeWriteGood
09-18-2012, 09:59 AM
you're the one (with a membership just days old) who dismissed the poll as irrational and worthy of only "derp" responses.

it's a legit poll. you can't read my mind, so don't try (i have my tinfoil hat on right now). this poll was made because Knowshon reminded me of other Broncos who were equally frustrating to watch play. it's not a bash Knowshon poll. if you disagree with the options, then there is a choice called "other". enlighten me on who i omitted. instead, you chose to attack the poll's validity. that's why i brought up the 100 post rule, which CLEARLY applies to your contributions to this thread.

I thought a 100 post rule applied to starting threads. Not posting in them. Otherwise, how are you supposed to get to 100 posts?

Anywho. I chose Kyle Orton. Clearly more frustrating to watch than Moreno.

Despite claims of "dancing" and this and that...Moreno's career YPC is about on par for a running back.

Gort
09-18-2012, 10:04 AM
I thought a 100 post rule applied to starting threads. Not posting in them. Otherwise, how are you supposed to get to 100 posts?

Anywho. I chose Kyle Orton. Clearly more frustrating to watch than Moreno.

Despite claims of "dancing" and this and that...Moreno's career YPC is about on par for a running back.

"100 post rule" is a joke. it's mentioned when a newbie posts something easily dismissed as not worth arguing about, because it's a newbie who hasn't yet reached 100 posts. get it?

IBeWriteGood
09-18-2012, 10:11 AM
"100 post rule" is a joke. it's mentioned when a newbie posts something easily dismissed as not worth arguing about, because it's a newbie who hasn't yet reached 100 posts. get it?

Haha. Get it,man.

razorwire77
09-18-2012, 10:26 AM
We should create an all-Bronco frustration team.

QB: Orton, Plummer, Griese
RB: Moreno, Gerald Wilhite, Rod Bernstein
WR: The Claw, Ashley Lelie, ??, ??
TE: Orson Mobley, Clarence Key
LT George Foster
LG?
C: Walton
RG?
RT:?

DT: Warren, Courtney Brown, ???? ?????
LB: Mike Croel (had so much potential), Nate Irving, Joe Mays, ??????
S: Basically, anybody in the past 25 years not named Atwater, Smith, Lynch, or Dawkins

DE: Paul Tovesi sp?, Jarvis Moss, Dan Williams, ????

CB: Tony Lilly, Lenny Walls, Roc Alexander, Dre Bly, Andre Goodman

HC: Josh McDaniels
DC: Bob Slowik
OC: Jeremy Bates

Gort
09-18-2012, 10:38 AM

LT George Foster
LG?
RG?

S: Basically, anybody in the past 25 years not named Atwater, Smith, Lynch, or Dawkins

Dan Reeves has got to be the HC. for years, it was 3 quarters of "run the ball", "run the ball", "run the ball", "punt", then turn Elway loose in the 4th quarter.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/1997-09-28/sports/18045041_1_dan-reeves-reeves-giants-broncos

don't get me wrong, i respect what Reeves accomplished (along with Elway), but there's a reason Elway had so many 4th quarter comebacks and it wasn't because our opponents were better than use for 3 quarters.

R8R H8R
09-18-2012, 11:04 AM
Dan Reeves has got to be the HC. for years, it was 3 quarters of "run the ball", "run the ball", "run the ball", "punt", then turn Elway loose in the 4th quarter.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/1997-09-28/sports/18045041_1_dan-reeves-reeves-giants-broncos

don't get me wrong, i respect what Reeves accomplished (along with Elway), but there's a reason Elway had so many 4th quarter comebacks and it wasn't because our opponents were better than use for 3 quarters.

While I agree with you that he was overly conservative and stodgy in his play calling, Reeves has got to be one of, if not the, most under-appreciated coach in the NFL.

Reeve's problem was similar to Shanny's problem in that he couldn't draft to save his life. Like Shanny, he had too much responsibilities and power and that leads to poor drafting. He wasn't in Shanny's league regarding x's & o's, but he could prepare a clearly talent voided team as well as anyone.

ColoradoDarin
09-18-2012, 11:27 AM

LT George Foster
LG?
RG?

Marquand Manuel, Marlon McCree

Broncomutt
09-18-2012, 12:16 PM
orton atleast had good games and good plays. has moreno ever shown that?

I think he had a good game against KC a few years ago.

He had a pair of TDs in the 59-14 game against the Raiders. :strong:

KipCorrington25
09-18-2012, 04:06 PM
They all sucked but I picked Knowshow just because he's on the team now, who cares about the ones that are gone.

errand
09-18-2012, 06:11 PM
I'd have put Plummer on that list, especially his last season. But since this thread is really about finding a way to bash Moreno, I'll oblige. He was pretty weak last night.

Not sure how you could have been frustrated by a QB that led us to 10-6 (playoffs), 10-6 (playoffs), 13-3 (AFCCG appearance), and 7-4 before being benched for a pouty malcontent douche, but then again you thought he was a roadblock and blamed him for team's failures.

Knowshon had a bad game...but then again who didn't besides McGahee and Bailey, and maybe one other?

maher_tyler
09-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Orton by miles

Orton should be winning this poll and shouldn't even be close. As tired of Moreno as i am...watching Orton was an all time low for me as a Broncos fan.

errand
09-18-2012, 06:17 PM

Moreno killed one drive...Manning killed 3....neither is acceptable, but c'mon man, really?

As for Hillman not seeing the field because of Moreno....I'd be more worried he hasn't beaten out Ball for the 3rd spot. Leonhard is a solid returner who while he won't produce the 80 yard TD, he also won't fumble the ball either....his job is to make sure after a punt we still possess it so Manning can run the offense.

errand
09-18-2012, 06:18 PM
Rahim Moore and Tony Carter were awful. Mike Adams was serviceable, and Porter-Bailey did a decent job. Matt Ryan pretty much abused our secondary...

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but the QB isn't suppose to have 7 seconds to throw the ball right?

R8R H8R
09-18-2012, 06:20 PM
Gerald Wilhite & Steve Sewell. Both were very talented guys, but Wilhite was injured all the time, and I don't think Reeves knew how to use Sewell properly.

errand
09-18-2012, 06:20 PM

I think he was trying to get out of bounds as time was deemed more precious than yards....

broncolife
09-18-2012, 06:21 PM
I dont like Moreno but picking him over Griese or Orton? Really?

maher_tyler
09-18-2012, 06:26 PM
How easy people forget...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FhR4p6fFZBk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FantomForce
09-18-2012, 06:31 PM

Tell me again the contributions he brings to the team?????????????? Seriously. He is a dancer with the ball, doesn't run hard. Ball does everything for us that he can without the dance moves

errand
09-18-2012, 06:36 PM
. Fox and all other coaches are not infallible. They started Orton over Tebow last year...

And here is where the "he's not a good practice player" comes back to bite players in the ass...

Coaches look at the team objectively, their job security are tied to making sure that the best players available are on their team, and on the field.

and while they do make mistakes sometimes, they generally know what they're doing, and most fans are comfortable with allowing the guys who have made player evaluations for decades to continue to do so....

DHallblows
09-18-2012, 06:44 PM
The Broncos Defense

I'll never understand the inconsistency year in year out

errand
09-18-2012, 06:45 PM

now you're just being stupid....

Dan Reeves led the Broncos to 10-6 season before he had Elway...and led the Giants to playoffs winning a playoff game with guys like Dave Brown and Danny Kanell as his QB, and he led Falcons to SB with Chris Chandler....

Heyneck
09-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Mays!

broncolife
09-18-2012, 07:00 PM
Any Reciever who reminds me of Eddie Mac but doesnt live up the expectations.

broncolife
09-18-2012, 07:04 PM
I would say Nate Webster but it was kind of entertaining counting how many times his helmet flew off

Gort
09-19-2012, 02:08 AM
now you're just being stupid....

Dan Reeves led the Broncos to 10-6 season before he had Elway...and led the Giants to playoffs winning a playoff game with guys like Dave Brown and Danny Kanell as his QB, and he led Falcons to SB with Chris Chandler....

perhaps you don't understand what the word "frustrating" means.

Elway even said he was ready to leave Denver because he was frustrated with Dan Reeves' playcalling. doesn't mean Reeves was a bad coach or didn't have accomplishments here. it just means that it was torture watching the team routinely fall behind after 3 quarters trying to play a conservative style that didn't utilize Elway's talents.

Play2win
09-19-2012, 04:39 AM
Sammy Winder.

extralife
09-19-2012, 05:03 AM
Michael Dean Perry

first person that came to mind. but how about Nate Webster?

never was a jake plummer fan, but at least we won games.