PDA

View Full Version : the fumble

tsiguy96
09-18-2012, 06:27 AM
"Eric Decker was on the ball for sure," said Thomas. "Decker had the ball and they just took it from him. The referees pulled Decker off the ball.
"We knew we had the ball, but the referees said the Falcons had it. There were a couple calls that we felt were wrong."

Read more: Mark Kiszla: These scab NFL officials have not earned stripes - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_21567875/mark-kiszla-scab-nfl-officials?source=pkg#ixzz26pNBJ7mR

TonyR
09-18-2012, 06:30 AM
It sure looked like Decker got on top of the ball early in the scramble but didn't look like he secured it and no way to know whether he ever "controlled" it. Just one of those things.

tsiguy96
09-18-2012, 06:31 AM
just a situation these refs have never seen and didnt know how to respond, they again may have responded to player input instead of what happened on the field.

BowlenBall
09-18-2012, 06:41 AM
A Bronco was the last player you could see with the ball before the 'scrum.'

A Bronco had possession of the ball when they unpiled everyone.

A Bronco is bitching about it to the media (risking a fine for doing so).

Bush league at best, screw job at worst.

srphoenix
09-18-2012, 07:21 AM
that was the most wtf moment of the night for me. Franklin fell on the ball and recovered it, then people jumped all around him. At the end his position didn't change at all nor did the players positions around him and how they landed. Franklin then comes up with the ball but somehow that means Atlantas ball????????? Bull****....

manchambo
09-18-2012, 08:26 AM
just a situation these refs have never seen and didnt know how to respond, they again may have responded to player input instead of what happened on the field.

How is it possible they've never seen a fumble and ensuing dog pile? That happens in every game from pop Warner up.

I would be less disappointed in them if they were just screwing up some nfl specific rules like illegal contact. But these guys can't get basic football right.

Bacchus
09-18-2012, 08:27 AM
Really if Denver gets that ball they probably win the game.....oh wait they did get the ball. I meant to say if the stupid ****ing asshole mother****ing bitch refs had made the proper call and awarded Denver the ball they probably would have won the game.

broncosteven
09-18-2012, 08:35 AM
If that worthless POS KM protects the ball instead of trying to put on the dance moves we score something that drive and we could be talking about a Bronco victory.

Instead we are bitching about a bad call because our bust of a 1st round pick fumbled the ball.

Trade him now please, I would prefer to go in to battle with Lance Ball and start the Hillman era than put up with Dancing Machine.

houghtam
09-18-2012, 08:49 AM
How is it possible they've never seen a fumble and ensuing dog pile? That happens in every game from pop Warner up.

I would be less disappointed in them if they were just screwing up some nfl specific rules like illegal contact. But these guys can't get basic football right.

This. I'm pretty sure that those refs have seen a fumble before. And I'm 100% positive that regular refs get fumble recovery calls wrong all the time.

The problem is their inability to maintain control of the game. That first quarter, even with Manning's 3 INTs, should have taken 30-40 minutes to play. It took over an hour.

IBeWriteGood
09-18-2012, 09:01 AM
If that worthless POS KM protects the ball instead of trying to put on the dance moves we score something that drive and we could be talking about a Bronco victory.

Instead we are b****ing about a bad call because our bust of a 1st round pick fumbled the ball.

Trade him now please, I would prefer to go in to battle with Lance Ball and start the Hillman era than put up with Dancing Machine.

So angry. Did your uncle touch you as a child?

Anyway. I think it's very relevant that the refs missed the call. Of course we wouldn't be talking about a bad call if he hadn't fumbled it. Then again, the fumble wouldn't have been a big deal if Peyton hadn't thrown 3 picks. Although irrational morons would likely still blame Moreno.

And Peyton's 3 picks wouldn't have mattered as much if the refs don't call a phantom PI on Carter. And that wouldn't have mattered if they called holding on Doom and Von all game. And if the Broncos had intercepted Ryan on the last drive, we could have did this and that.

Hogwash. What happened happened. Moreno fumbled. Durrrr. We have every right to talk about the call. The fact that he fumbled doesn't mean the call was any less wrong...especially when the right call WOULDN'T HAVE RESULTED IN SAID FUMBLE.

You're straight retarded if you'd rather have Ball over Moreno. That's just bias and hate you're channeling.

The mouthbreathing and torch carrying is strong in here.

ant1999e
09-18-2012, 09:19 AM
Anyway. I think it's very relevant that the refs missed the call. Of course we wouldn't be talking about a bad call if he hadn't fumbled it. Then again, the fumble wouldn't have been a big deal if Peyton hadn't thrown 3 picks. Although irrational morons would likely still blame Moreno.

And Peyton's 3 picks wouldn't have mattered as much if the refs don't call a phantom PI on Carter. And that wouldn't have mattered if they called holding on Doom and Von all game. And if the Broncos had intercepted Ryan on the last drive, we could have did this and that.

Hogwash. What happened happened. Moreno fumbled. Durrrr. We have every right to talk about the call. The fact that he fumbled doesn't mean the call was any less wrong...especially when the right call WOULDN'T HAVE RESULTED IN SAID FUMBLE.

You're straight retarded if you'd rather have Ball over Moreno. That's just bias and hate you're channeling.

:ban:
This dude sucks and doesn't deserve to post here. Ban his ass.
Is this Req???

Bigdawg26
09-18-2012, 09:29 AM
That play was the by far the most dumb call I ever saw in any level of football. I still don't get it? It seemed like Franklin recovered it and Decker was right next to him. That play changed the game!

IBeWriteGood
09-18-2012, 09:32 AM
:ban:
This dude sucks and doesn't deserve to post here. Ban his ass.
Is this Req???

Hmmmm. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Perhaps it wasn't the best choice of words, but it's no less vitriolic than other things here.

Jekyll15Hyde
09-18-2012, 09:36 AM
A Bronco was the last player you could see with the ball before the 'scrum.'

A Bronco had possession of the ball when they unpiled everyone.

A Bronco is b****ing about it to the media (risking a fine for doing so).

Bush league at best, screw job at worst.

this... I just about threw something at my TV during this whole scene. Disgrace...

Heyneck
09-18-2012, 09:40 AM

Instead we are b****ing about a bad call because our bust of a 1st round pick fumbled the ball.

You are delusional to think Ball is better than KM. Plus, where is the blame on PM 3 INTS?! Yes KM fumbled, so has WM. Put your anger for a player aside and think rationally. It was PM INTs and the horrible refs that cost us the game. Even though he fumbled, we clearly recovered the ball only to see the refs steal it from us.

razorwire77
09-18-2012, 09:46 AM
Ball got decent yardage on his one carry.

Moreno got nothing on his 3 or 4 carries and fumbled the ball on his one decent run. A run that McGahee probably would have taken to the house with the sized hole that the line opened up.

Heyneck
09-18-2012, 09:51 AM

Moreno got nothing on his 3 or 4 carries and fumbled the ball on his one decent run. A run that McGahee probably would have taken to the house with the sized hole that the line opened up.

Yeah... he got decent yardage in the game when everyone is expecting pass because of how back we where in the 4th. Plus KM got hit behind the LOS 2 times. Our interior OL... heck all of our OL played a sub par game.

BroncoBeavis
09-18-2012, 10:34 AM
With 99% of bad calls you can at least rationalize how such a bad call was made.

In this case, I'm not sure how they could've ever arrived at the call they made.

There was no evidence whatsoever that a Falcon ever possessed the ball for any part of that play. At the very least, if possession can't be reliably confirmed either way, the ball should revert to the team that possessed it.

"If in doubt, give the ball to the other team" has got to be one of the craziest calls ever made in the NFL.

BroncoBeavis
09-18-2012, 10:35 AM

Knowshon is better simply because he had more carries. Or so I'm told. :)

razorwire77
09-18-2012, 10:44 AM
Yeah... he got decent yardage in the game when everyone is expecting pass because of how back we where in the 4th. Plus KM got hit behind the LOS 2 times. Our interior OL... heck all of our OL played a sub par game.

You fail to mention the gaping Rosanne Barr sized hole that the interior line opened up for Moreno on the carry which he chose to ignore and instead cut outside, bumbled for 4 yards and proceeded to fumble the ball. I can name 30 backs in the league that would have jump cut inside and broken that run for 25 + yards (including the deactivated one already on the roster.)

menonite
09-18-2012, 10:50 AM

You're not John Fox or John Elway so you aren't allowed to have an opinion about KM. Or so I've read.

Beej
09-18-2012, 10:53 AM
Franklin was just doing an interview on the Fan and they asked him about the fumble. He said that he was the first to possess the ball, but the refs were yelling "red ball" before anybody had it. The Falcons never had possession, he had it the whole time.

broncocalijohn
09-18-2012, 10:54 AM
It sure looked like Decker got on top of the ball early in the scramble but didn't look like he secured it and no way to know whether he ever "controlled" it. Just one of those things.

Unless the refs saw the ball inside and wrapped with a Falcons' player, wy would they call Falcons ball so early if it hasn't been determined? Also, who came up with the ball but a Bronco.

enjolras
09-18-2012, 10:55 AM
I've never seen such an obviously blown fumble recovery call. They always error on the side of whoever comes out of the pile with the ball, unless there is clear evidence that something else happened. I'm sure referees have gotten it wrong before, but never on a play where no Atlanta player ever appeared to even have touched the damn ball.

It is literally the single worst call I've ever seen. You can't sugarcoat it. It ended up being a 10 point swing (how much did we lose by??).

This was the biggest joke of a game I've ever seen. Just awful.

Blueflame
09-18-2012, 10:57 AM
Hmmmm. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Perhaps it wasn't the best choice of words, but it's no less vitriolic than other things here.

Whether you meant to offend anyone or not, what you posted is far more than "not the best choice of words"; it's a violation of one of the OrangeMane's most "engraved-in-granite" rules: no family smack. You're new here and obviously weren't aware that running family smack will result in a temporary ban... ignorance of the rules isn't a license to break them, however. See you in 10 days.

edited to add: I strongly recommend that all new OM members take a few minutes to familiarize themselves with the forum rules posted in this thread:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105484

lonestar
09-18-2012, 11:00 AM
This. I'm pretty sure that those refs have seen a fumble before. And I'm 100% positive that regular refs get fumble recovery calls wrong all the time.

The problem is their inability to maintain control of the game. That first quarter, even with Manning's 3 INTs, should have taken 30-40 minutes to play. It took over an hour.

:thumbs:

On this I will agree..

Arkie
09-18-2012, 11:03 AM
We were lucky the Falcons only scored 13 points off those 4 turnovers.

lonestar
09-18-2012, 11:04 AM
Whether you meant to offend anyone or not, what you posted is far more than "not the best choice of words"; it's a violation of one of the OrangeMane's most "engraved-in-granite" rules: no family smack. You're new here and obviously weren't aware that running family smack will result in a temporary ban... ignorance of the rules isn't a license to break them, however. See you in 10 days.

:thumbs:

lonestar
09-18-2012, 11:05 AM
We were lucky the Falcons only scored 13 points off those 4 turnovers.

YEP..

We could have easily been down 28 points..

Thanks JDR and company..

broncogary
09-18-2012, 11:17 AM

edited to add: I strongly recommend that all new OM members take a few minutes to familiarize themselves with the forum rules posted in this thread:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105484

Do we even know if broncosteven has an uncle?

Beantown Bronco
09-18-2012, 11:21 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jCS4NdCbeBU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Beantown Bronco
09-18-2012, 11:35 AM
You fail to mention the gaping Rosanne Barr sized hole that the interior line opened up for Moreno on the carry which he chose to ignore and instead cut outside, bumbled for 4 yards and proceeded to fumble the ball. I can name 30 backs in the league that would have jump cut inside and broken that run for 25 + yards (including the deactivated one already on the roster.)

Ummm, what?!? Please show me where this "Roseanne Barr sized hole" is? There's not even a tiny hole up the middle. Defenders are everywhere around him and at least two guys weren't even blocked....one of which being the linebacker directly in front of where I assume you think he should be running.

I love how guys just make stuff up about Knowshon in order to pile on.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012091700/2012/REG2/broncos@falcons#menu=highlights%7CcontentId%3A0ap2 000000063257&tab=analyze&recap=fullstory&analyze=playbyplay

Heyneck
09-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Ummm, what?!? Please show me where this "Roseanne Barr sized hole" is? There's not even a tiny hole up the middle. Defenders are everywhere around him and at least two guys weren't even blocked....one of which being the linebacker directly in front of where I assume you think he should be running.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012091700/2012/REG2/broncos@falcons#menu=highlights%7CcontentId%3A0ap2 000000063257&tab=analyze&recap=fullstory&analyze=playbyplay

^this!!!

broncosteven
09-18-2012, 12:21 PM

I have been blessed with some great uncles. Not one of them are creepy nor do any have a pedo van.

My Uncle Bernard fought in the South Pacific and lost a lung to Malaria there, his brother was in the navy during Korea. My Uncle Rich is a CFO at a college in FL and my Uncle Gus was a VP of a steel company. All of them are great guys.

maher_tyler
09-18-2012, 12:25 PM

This. Any faith i had left with KM vanished when he fumbled that ball. I'm all for getting Ball and Hillman more play time.

maher_tyler
09-18-2012, 12:34 PM

I haven't seen anything Moreno can do that Ball can't. Moreno is a 3rd down back at best.

Action
09-18-2012, 12:42 PM

Agree with this whole post... especially the bold

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyd1b2b31h1r1mwtb.gif

Blueflame
09-18-2012, 12:53 PM
Agree with this whole post... especially the bold

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyd1b2b31h1r1mwtb.gif

Um... well, if you agree with the bolded quote, then do you want to share his 10-day vacation? 'Cause it appears that you may have missed the part about family smack is against OrangeMane rules.

Action
09-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Um... well, if you agree with the bolded quote, then do you want to share his 10-day vacation? 'Cause it appears that you may have missed the part about family smack is against OrangeMane rules.

So are you asking me to apologize for laughing at what someone said? If it shouldn't be there, edit the post and delete that part.

Blueflame
09-18-2012, 01:05 PM
So are you asking me to apologize for laughing at what someone said? If it shouldn't be there, edit the post and delete that part.

I'm not asking you to apologize for anything... however, stating that you "especially" agree with the small portion of his post that breaks forum rules just might not be the most brilliant comment you could make.

Laugh all you want; but the fact is he's gone for 10 days for saying that and if you post something similar, you will likewise find consequences. The family smack rule is strictly enforced.

Beantown Bronco
09-18-2012, 01:09 PM
I haven't seen anything Moreno can do that Ball can't.

That's all well and good, but I'm not sure what it has to do with either razor's statement or my rebuttal. And, razor, I'm still waiting for you to explain yourself.

Moreno is a 3rd down back at best.

He proved in 2009 and 2010 that he could be more than that.

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-18-2012, 01:12 PM
Calling someone "straight retarded" for wanting to see Ball instead of Knowshon is bias and hate. GTFO out of here with that crap.

Beantown Bronco
09-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Calling someone "straight retarded" for wanting to see Ball instead of Knowshon is bias and hate. GTFO out of here with that crap.

Well, he's already been banned.

broncocalijohn
09-18-2012, 01:23 PM
I have been blessed with some great uncles. Not one of them are creepy nor do any have a pedo van.

My Uncle Bernard fought in the South Pacific and lost a lung to Malaria there, his brother was in the navy during Korea. My Uncle Rich is a CFO at a college in FL and my Uncle Gus was a VP of a steel company. All of them are great guys.

So, the pedo thing skipped a generation and tends to show up only at daughter's sleep overs? Thoughts only...thoughts! (There is one post you wish you never wrote!)

razorwire77
09-18-2012, 01:27 PM

There is a decent sized hole there by NFL standards. I googled the video prior to posting which prompted the original post. Beadles does an excellent job of giving him a lane, Joel Dreessen engages his man, one jump cut and a cut back and Franklin clears the LB you claimed was "unblocked" from the wash and it's off to the races. Instead he bounces it outside where Asante Samuel and two additional Falcons are basically unblocked. Knowshon being Knowshon. He's allergic to making plays against any team but the Chefs.

Beantown Bronco
09-18-2012, 01:32 PM
Insanity.

The LDE was begging for him to go into that "hole".

BroncoMan4ever
09-18-2012, 01:39 PM

I was watching with my gf and a few friends who aren't Broncos fans and as soon as I saw KnoShow take the field I announce to everyone, "Watch number 27 screw up this drive." They asked how I knew after he fumbled and I just said several seasons of watching him suck made it a foregone conclusion

razorwire77
09-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Insanity.

The LDE was begging for him to go into that "hole".

OK Rosanne Barr sized hole was hyperbole on my part. But this isn't inter murals. A decent back with burst is one cut and into the second level before 93 slides off of Clady to make that play. Instead Moreno cuts outside into multiple unblocked defenders.Even if the DE makes an arm tackle there, it's still better than kicking it outside and into the arms of multiple unblocked defenders. Guarantee you that Willis would have taken that inside hole and split the defenders for 15 + yards.

houghtam
09-18-2012, 01:46 PM
OK Rosanne Barr sized hole was hyperbole on my part. But this isn't inter murals. A decent back with burst is one cut and into the second level before 93 slides off of Clady to make that play. Instead Moreno cuts outside into multiple unblocked defenders.Even if the DE makes an arm tackle there, it's still better than kicking it outside and into the arms of multiple unblocked defenders. Guarantee you that Willis would have taken that inside hole and split the defenders for 15 + yards.

He gained 4-5 yards on the play. The only wrong choice he made was holding the ball like it was a loaf of bread.

BroncoMan4ever
09-18-2012, 01:47 PM
I disagree. Beadles was beastly last night. Him, DT and McGahee were the only bright spots for the offense

Beantown Bronco
09-18-2012, 01:50 PM

Since you put it that way, I guarantee Willis would not have.

NUB
09-18-2012, 02:03 PM
It was deflating. Franklin had the ball smothered when they were piling up and when they separated everyone out he still had it. Considering Franklin is a hulking beast of a man, I seriously doubt anyone got even close to taking the ball away from him. Not to mention when the last Falcons stood up there was a look of "we just got away with something" on their faces -- kind of like Bradley after "defeating" Pacquiao.

broncogary
09-18-2012, 02:31 PM

Now we know. You got any aunts? :welcome:

KipCorrington25
09-18-2012, 03:46 PM
Moreno just sucks is the issue, anytime he's in the game I cringe.

ZONA
09-18-2012, 03:47 PM
I've never seen such an obviously blown fumble recovery call. They always error on the side of whoever comes out of the pile with the ball, unless there is clear evidence that something else happened. I'm sure referees have gotten it wrong before, but never on a play where no Atlanta player ever appeared to even have touched the damn ball.

It is literally the single worst call I've ever seen. You can't sugarcoat it. It ended up being a 10 point swing (how much did we lose by??).

This was the biggest joke of a game I've ever seen. Just awful.

Agreed - I saw Franklin fall on the ball and you're going to tell me that Falcon player ripped it from those monster arms on Franklin? Hell no. That ref who got down there and looked was a fool.

I think we win that game if we get that call right. Chalk a loss up to the replacement officials. Thanks NFL - you fags

Heyneck
09-18-2012, 04:10 PM
Agreed - I saw Franklin fall on the ball and you're going to tell me that Falcon player ripped it from those monster arms on Franklin? Hell no. That ref who got down there and looked was a fool.

I think we win that game if we get that call right. Chalk a loss up to the replacement officials. Thanks NFL - you fags

In all fairness, Franklin is a BEAST!!!... but when you look him as a whole, he looks just like a T-Rex. Yeah that's right! T-Rex Franklin!!!

Anyway... back on topic, no way they rip it out of him.

Smilin Assassin
09-18-2012, 04:13 PM
Moreno just sucks is the issue, anytime he's in the game I cringe.

^This...sadly.

I'm not talking about Moreno coming in and I know it's not going to be a great run. I literally cringe at what might happen.

I just don't trust him w/the ball in his hands.

DENVERDUI55
09-18-2012, 04:14 PM
Why Slowshon is in the game at critical times is beyond me. I'm going to get SAUCED beyond belief the day we rid ourselves of this clown.

houghtam
09-18-2012, 04:21 PM
Why Slowshon is in the game at critical times is beyond me. I'm going to get SAUCED beyond belief the day we rid ourselves of this clown.

Critical times?

The only thing he should be running is the victory formation, and even then he'd probably pull a hammy.

lonestar
09-18-2012, 05:14 PM
had he been drafted by Tanahan most of you would still be slobbering all over yourselves..

most of Y'all have had a woody for him from day one.. Just because JMD drafted him..

Same goes for all of his picks..

sad that Y'all can't get over Tanahan being fired..

errand
09-18-2012, 05:16 PM

Knowshon had one of four turnovers....and he's still better than Ball, and Hillman is not ready evidently.,,I love how people act like that was the sole reason we lost last night. I guess Bobby Humphrey's fumble in SBXXIV was the sole reason we got whipped 55-10.

Having said that if we can get good value for him and improve this team....then yeah, trade him.

Boogerboots
09-18-2012, 05:18 PM
We were in field goal range where the fumble occurred. But they marched it down for a FG of their own. That's your six point difference right there... Unless one of the scab refs was Canadian and counted the FG for a rouge instead.

Swedish Extrovert
09-18-2012, 05:20 PM

Rudimentary stuff. Like a Mathematics professor missing "2+2" in an equation.

errand
09-18-2012, 05:35 PM

Still butthurt over Jeremiah Johnson being placed on practice squad?

Are there better RB's than Knowshon? Sure there are....

Are they currently on our roster? No, save for McGahee....

He's still the 2nd best RB on our roster...until they find a better one, he'll still get a few carries per game.

errand
09-18-2012, 05:41 PM
You're not John Fox or John Elway so you aren't allowed to have an opinion about KM. Or so I've read.

He's allowed to have an opinion, no matter how ignorant it is....

He thinks he knows more than the coaching staff, and it's their opinion that matters when it comes to whether or not Moreno is on the team.

lonestar
09-18-2012, 06:25 PM

He thinks he knows more than the coaching staff, and it's their opinion that matters when it comes to whether or not Moreno is on the team.

unfortunately almost everyone thinks this way.

not sure how many active members here but I'll bet few do not believe they know something that John, John, JDR does not..

AmericanBroncFan
09-18-2012, 06:40 PM
The reason WHY Denver recovered the fumble is because all the other guys know when that little bitch bust piece of crap (hope he gets his legs broke in half) RB always fumbles.

BroncoBeavis
09-18-2012, 09:32 PM

"Kyle Orton gives us the best chance to win"

Jetmeck
09-19-2012, 03:22 AM
had he been drafted by Tanahan most of you would still be slobbering all over yourselves..

most of Y'all have had a woody for him from day one.. Just because JMD drafted him..

sad that Y'all can't get over Tanahan being fired..

Get a life...bashing Shanny will get you nowhere around here...........loser

Jetmeck
09-19-2012, 03:23 AM

Is that why he hated TT so much ? I see...........

Jetmeck
09-19-2012, 03:24 AM
Errand & lonestar = man crush.............lol

Beantown Bronco
09-19-2012, 06:21 AM
The reason WHY Denver recovered the fumble is because all the other guys know when that little b**** bust piece of crap (hope he gets his legs broke in half) RB always fumbles.

You're an ass. Gotta love guys who wish injuries on their own players.

And he is averaging one fumble every 61 touches. Always? Please.

Rock Chalk
09-19-2012, 06:39 AM
The reason WHY Denver recovered the fumble is because all the other guys know when that little b**** bust piece of crap (hope he gets his legs broke in half) RB always fumbles.

Wow, you really set a record.

Usually I let you douchebags go on for about 1000 posts before I just put you on ignore.

You did it in less than 300, well played.

lonestar
09-19-2012, 08:36 AM

bashing your hero OMG...

one of these days you'll get a life and figure out that while he won with the help of John and several other HOF players and a few more that should be, two rings..

and since he has done squat.. ONE win out of 6 -7 maybe even more Playoff games..

the master mind won a lot of early games in each season and then they tended to lose the important late games.. IIRC being up by three games in two seasons and losing out..

and the crusher of it 41 round 1-3 players taken in his regime the moron only was able to justify resigning 6.. 3 LB's DJ (wow is that looking like a great move) Wilson and mobley, Greise QB that was worthless as a teat on a boar. dan neil who was undersized but did not play like it.. and pryce.. which by the way were in the same draft class..

I will not even start on the number of overpriced FA that he signed to cover for all the DAFT fubars he made and just how many of them worth even more worth less than TANAHAN was..

or how many times he had to go to vet stars TD, John, Jake or Rod just as a sample to redo their contracts to get under the cap space he screwed up.. How many millions of dollars he wasted in up front money as well as more money on each contract so they could get under the the cap.

how many good DC he ran off because he was not getting them talent.

Or after he was fired one of the Defenders commented now maybe we will not feel like second class citizens anymore..

BTW of his stellar 11 starting 08 defenders 3 made it on our to the 09 squad while none of the others ever started again in the NFL and most were not even in the NFL after leaving DEN..

yep he was a mastermind alright.. Might have been the best OC we ever had but past that I'm not impressed at all..

houghtam
09-19-2012, 08:40 AM
You forgot to make "tanahan" with tan text. You know, because it's...clever?

broncocalijohn
09-19-2012, 08:44 AM

Soooo,
were we all wrong when McDaniels was our coach and we should have never questioned those splendid plays or draft picks?

I think we found our new Popps aka Yessum Boy. Many times the coaching staff doesn't see **** right in front of their face.

broncocalijohn
09-19-2012, 08:47 AM

You can bash Shanny all that you want where it is deserved. I think those like SoCal that can never say anything bad about his draft or last few years shows the blindness. Hell, we lost a poster and went to the Redskins board when Bowlen fired Shanahan. Coach over team, yeah!

menonite
09-19-2012, 08:55 AM
Shanahan is all he talks about. He's obsessed with the guy. Every discussion somehow makes it back to Mike Shanahan. It's kinda creepy.

lonestar
09-19-2012, 09:04 AM
You forgot to make "tanahan" with tan text. You know, because it's...clever?

no just forgot, but it obviously got you attention..

like in advertising the whole Idea about doing it, people remember

in this case its absence..

menonite
09-19-2012, 09:06 AM
You are absolutely insane. Do you even realize it? What on earth does KM fumbling a football in 2012 have to do with a coach who was fired years ago? Good lord man - get a grip.

lonestar
09-19-2012, 09:08 AM
Shanahan is all he talks about. He's obsessed with the guy. Every discussion somehow makes it back to Mike Shanahan. It's kinda creepy.

most coaches at this level have a certain amount of ego issues.. Tanahan (that better houghtam) more than most..

to some degree they do not get to this level with out it..

Stan
09-19-2012, 09:12 AM
I am constantly amazed at Lonestar's level of hatred for Shanahan. At every opportunity he gets he will turn the discussion to Shanahan. At some point in time you have to let it go. Normally I enjoy reading his posts but his obsession with Shanahan is getting weird.

menonite
09-19-2012, 09:12 AM
most coaches at this level have a certain amount of ego issues.. Tanahan (that better houghtam) more than most..

to some degree they do not get to this level with out it..

What does that even mean?!

Why are you even bringing him up? It makes no sense.

lonestar
09-19-2012, 10:28 AM
I am constantly amazed at Lonestar's level of hatred for Shanahan. At every opportunity he gets he will turn the discussion to Shanahan. At some point in time you have to let it go. Normally I enjoy reading his posts but his obsession with Shanahan is getting weird.

You see I also bought into the mastermind crap. For years I thought the guy mostly because of his rings was a guy that walked on water.

Then I starts to analyze him after about the third consecutive EIY pressed wher he stated we were one or two players away. I bought the first two times I remembered hearing it. The. I went back looked in the broncos tv archives for thes eoy preses and saw that it was at that point the forurth time he used the same pressr almost verbatim.

I had scoffed at a Bolt fans comment about him never have winning a playoff game with out John. That is when I started to research his real record.

I notices that he almost never kept a first round pick past the third TC. That really set the years in motion. Then I looked at the rest of his record on draft day and saw that he fubared them on day one. At that time it was rounds 1-3.

At this point in time his success rate on day one picks is 13%. The players the good to great teams build their foundation on.

While everyone else was giving him props about his winning record with late round picks what a great coach he was.

I was showing folks that winning early in the season and fading like we did We did each year at the end of the season was unaccePtable. Getting our asses kicked in the playoffs was even worse.
But all the Mikey fanboys were not hearing it. Winning was everything even if we got crushed in the playoffs.

That has changed somewhat since he was fired. But there are some Clingons. That refuse to see that while he was a great HC while he had talent he was not so great without it. To them those two Lombardis are everything and do not get that it was over a decade ago and once then ONE playoff win only in The past Decade.

So read my stuff or not until all the Tanahan lovers get it I'll preach he was not that great.

Blueflame
09-19-2012, 10:55 AM
You see I also bought into the mastermind crap. For years I thought the guy mostly because of his rings was a guy that walked on water.

Then I starts to analyze him after about the third consecutive EIY pressed wher he stated we were one or two players away. I bought the first two times I remembered hearing it. The. I went back looked in the broncos tv archives for thes eoy preses and saw that it was at that point the forurth time he used the same pressr almost verbatim.

I had scoffed at a Bolt fans comment about him never have winning a playoff game with out John. That is when I started to research his real record.

I notices that he almost never kept a first round pick past the third TC. That really set the years in motion. Then I looked at the rest of his record on draft day and saw that he fubared them on day one. At that time it was rounds 1-3.

At this point in time his success rate on day one picks is 13%. The players the good to great teams build their foundation on.

While everyone else was giving him props about his winning record with late round picks what a great coach he was.

I was showing folks that winning early in the season and fading like we did We did each year at the end of the season was unaccePtable. Getting our asses kicked in the playoffs was even worse.
But all the Mikey fanboys were not hearing it. Winning was everything even if we got crushed in the playoffs.

That has changed somewhat since he was fired. But there are some Clingons. That refuse to see that while he was a great HC while he had talent he was not so great without it. To them those two Lombardis are everything and do not get that it was over a decade ago and once then ONE playoff win only in The past Decade.

So read my stuff or not until all the Tanahan lovers get it I'll preach he was not that great.

"That great" or not, Shanahan is very likely to be enshrined in Canton one day. One can appreciate that he played a big role in assembling a team (around Elway) that got us two Lombardis... or one can whine that "he hasn't done anything without Elway". Like all NFL HC's he was a mixed bag; he made some brilliant moves and some colossal blunders... but that's to be expected; he's human. No one is infallible.

That said, it was time for the Broncos to go in another direction by the time he was let go... just wish Bowlen hadn't placed so much power and authority in the hands of an incompetent young egotist who had no clue what he was doing. It would have been better to just "skip" the McDaniels era and go straight to Fox (or any other experienced NFL HC). Oh, well. Hindsight is 20/20.

houghtam
09-19-2012, 11:48 AM
"That great" or not, Shanahan is very likely to be enshrined in Canton one day. One can appreciate that he played a big role in assembling a team (around Elway) that got us two Lombardis... or one can whine that "he hasn't done anything without Elway". Like all NFL HC's he was a mixed bag; he made some brilliant moves and some colossal blunders... but that's to be expected; he's human. No one is infallible.

That said, it was time for the Broncos to go in another direction by the time he was let go... just wish Bowlen hadn't placed so much power and authority in the hands of an incompetent young egotist who had no clue what he was doing. It would have been better to just "skip" the McDaniels era and go straight to Fox (or any other experienced NFL HC). Oh, well. Hindsight is 20/20.

I don't think he's got a snowball's chance in hell of getting into the HOF unless he has a ticket.

houghtam
09-19-2012, 11:48 AM

I don't think he's got a snowball's chance in hell of getting into the HOF unless he has a ticket.

errand
09-19-2012, 12:06 PM

...as opposed to your "Tebow over Manning " opinion?

Your one legged ass loves coming into ass kicking contests...

errand
09-19-2012, 12:10 PM
Is that why he hated TT so much ? I see...........

Tebow throws worse than my grandma does....and she doesn't have an arm.....

That's why I had issues with Tebow....but keep slobbering the Tebow >> Manning belief system Beavis spouts

Stan
09-19-2012, 12:43 PM
I admit I am a Mike Shanahan fan but I have no problem with Bowlen letting him go. It was time to move in a different direction. I don't see anyone even mentioning him anymore except when Lonestar goes into one of his tirades. I don't necessarily disagree with a lot of his points, it is the level of hatred that he has for Shanahan that gets me. It is not like he didn't do anything good while he was here. I will always appreciate what he did in helping win two superbowls but I don't see him getting into the HOF. He is going to have to win at least one more with the Redskins to do so.

teknic
09-19-2012, 01:03 PM

Shanahan was a great coach, but a terrible GM (and terrible hiring DCs).

Blueflame
09-19-2012, 01:32 PM

Time will tell... it's looking like RGIII just might wind up being a solid QBOTF and if Shanahan builds a winning franchise (around RGIII) in Washington, that will bolster an already-solid argument for him being enshrined. Remember... HOF voters may snub Denver, but they love the NFC East.

lonestar
09-19-2012, 02:25 PM

actually I was stunned when he was fired..

and unlike everyone else that thought he would be hired in a heartbeat by some other team. I knew better I saw that most owners would not want to touch his ego and his have to have total control Male Bovine Excrement that Pat swallowed..

Now I was glad to finally have the rings and trophy's but frankly not at the cost that the next decade would bring..

I would have loved to have Pat force a GM on his worthless ass after one of several total wastes of first round picks.

I was hoping that Pat would do the right thing after seeing what a fubar of having one guy in charge had been and do the right thing in hiring an experienced successful GM to do the rest of the hiring..

HC DC OC the rest of he coaching staff with the advisement of the HC. as well as taking over the draft again under the advisement of the coaching staff.. but not allowing them to fall into heat with a particular player and move Heaven and earth to get them..

BAP regardless of position should be the mantra from this point out.. no reaching for players solely on we have to have a DT.. or MLB..

Now we have John who so far seems to have done a great job in restocking a sorely depleted talent pool.. If we can get 2 maybe 3 starters in each draft class it will be a year or two more before we can CONSISTENTLY win against good to great teams.. not just beat teams that have major injury problems..

ATL beat us with great coaching as well as great talent something they have been building for years now and frankly will be a team to be reckoned with for years.. as it seems SFO bottom feeders for years....

Tanahan tried to beat the rebuilding cycle by bringing in has been players and paying through the nose for them..

Every team needs a few top ten picks in the stable to make the rebuild worth it..

I do not know of any team that is currently a playoff contender that has not been through a "Phoenix" (not as in the cardinals but Phoenix the mythical bird) type meltdown and rebuild..

BroncoBeavis
09-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Tebow throws worse than my grandma does....and she doesn't have an arm.....

And yet John n John made him an NFL Starting QB... Kind of a strange thing to say for someone so unquestioning of inside NFL wisdom. LOL

lonestar
09-19-2012, 02:31 PM

not unless he builds a dynasty in WAS and wins multiple Lombardi.. he might have a chance if rg3 works out like it looks like he might.. but I suspect Tanahan will fubar something else on the team to stop that from happening..

At least now he has a strong owner and IIRC a GM that makes the talent decisions..

But I'd bet that he will also get fired in WAS because Snyder wants it all now all the time.. it may take a while for that team to win all the marbles IF they can.. right now the NFC has loads of teams with lots of talent..

Garcia Bronco
09-19-2012, 02:34 PM
What does that even mean?!

Why are you even bringing him up? It makes no sense.

Mike always has a Tan...through rain, sleet, or snow.

errand
09-19-2012, 06:37 PM
And yet John n John made him an NFL Starting QB... Kind of a strange thing to say for someone so unquestioning of inside NFL wisdom. LOL

Yeah, whatever dude....

Who do you want to be our quarterback in 2012?

Peyton Manning
*WARHORSE*, Aftermath, alkemical, alpine, Ambiguous, Archie, Arkansas Bronco, Arkie, Asso Wilson, Atwater His Ass, ayjackson, bendog, Blart, Blueflame, BoiseBluTurf, bombay, bowtown, bronco610, broncocalijohn, Broncojef, BroncoLifer, BroncoMatt, BroncoSojia, Broncos_OTM, Bronkota, campocorto, chawknz, chickennob2, ColoradoBuff, Cpntrips, crawdad, Crushaholic, cutback, cutthemdown, DarkHorse30, DBroncos4life, DENVERDUI55, DenverDynamite, DomCasual, Dos Rios, Drunk idiot kicker, Drunk Monkey, Drunken.Broncoholic, Dukes, Durango, El Minion, elsid13, Endy, enjolras, errand, extralife, Fedaykin, flynzebra, Frisian, ghwk, gmp, GoBroncos DownUnder, GoHAM, gotfredson, GreeleyGrizzley, Gutless Drunk, hkbroncos, hookemhess, Houshyamama, Hulamau, Jack1118son, Jason7730, JCMElway, JCsuperstar, Jekyll15Hyde, kamakazi_kal, Kaylore, KevinJames, Kid A, Killericon, KipCorrington25, lod01, lvbronco, maher_tyler, Majik, maven, mellow mood, Mightysmurf, NFLBRONCO, oubronco, peacepipe, pokenation, Prodigal19, Que, randomtask, Ratboy, razorwire77, rdskier, Requiem, Rohirrim, Rolandftw, Ronnie Tsunami, Sassy, scannon, Schism, Shananahan, Shoemaker, SimonFletcher73, Sinedog, SJ Bronco, Slade, SonOfLe-loLang, SouthStndJunkie, spdirty, Spider, SpringStein, Stagger Lee, STBumpkin, Steve Sewell, stoxman, StugotsIII, Taco John, TheDave, theedge111, thevance_82, Tim, TonyR, Turd_Ferguson, v2micca, vancejohnson82, yerner, Ziggy
127 72.57%

Tim Tebow
55CrushEm, Aardvark, Agamemnon, BabyTO, Broncbow, BroncoBeavis, Broncobiv, broncogary, Broncoman13, Casper Bronco, Chris, Cito Pelon, ColoradoDarin, crazyhorse, DAN_BRONCO_FAN, Darkdoc, db56, dbfan21, Dedhed, Doggcow, El Jué, go_broncos, GreatBronco16, HighCountryBronco, jacob2125, Jay3, Jesterhole, jet19, jmz313, joe9999, lcbronco, lonestar, MacGruder, Marshall Dumervil, meangene, MileHighMagic, montrose, mustangtoby, myMind, NUB, rbackfactory80, sisterhellfyre, SoCalBronco, TD30, The Moops, TheFullTebow, winstoncup bronco, ~Crash~
48 27.43%

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Cito Pelon
09-19-2012, 07:35 PM
They called it too quickly, IMO simply because the ATL player apparently had two hands on the ball, Decker only one. Of course, if the players were reversed plenty of people on this board would be saying it was the correct call.

I figure the reg refs in this case would have waited on the call and seen who came out of the scrum with the ball.

Blueflame
09-19-2012, 10:12 PM

and unlike everyone else that thought he would be hired in a heartbeat by some other team. I knew better I saw that most owners would not want to touch his ego and his have to have total control Male Bovine Excrement that Pat swallowed..

Now I was glad to finally have the rings and trophy's but frankly not at the cost that the next decade would bring..

I would have loved to have Pat force a GM on his worthless ass after one of several total wastes of first round picks.

I was hoping that Pat would do the right thing after seeing what a fubar of having one guy in charge had been and do the right thing in hiring an experienced successful GM to do the rest of the hiring..

HC DC OC the rest of he coaching staff with the advisement of the HC. as well as taking over the draft again under the advisement of the coaching staff.. but not allowing them to fall into heat with a particular player and move Heaven and earth to get them..

BAP regardless of position should be the mantra from this point out.. no reaching for players solely on we have to have a DT.. or MLB..

Now we have John who so far seems to have done a great job in restocking a sorely depleted talent pool.. If we can get 2 maybe 3 starters in each draft class it will be a year or two more before we can CONSISTENTLY win against good to great teams.. not just beat teams that have major injury problems..

ATL beat us with great coaching as well as great talent something they have been building for years now and frankly will be a team to be reckoned with for years.. as it seems SFO bottom feeders for years....

Tanahan tried to beat the rebuilding cycle by bringing in has been players and paying through the nose for them..

Every team needs a few top ten picks in the stable to make the rebuild worth it..

I do not know of any team that is currently a playoff contender that has not been through a "Phoenix" (not as in the cardinals but Phoenix the mythical bird) type meltdown and rebuild..

Wasn't Bowlen still paying Shanahan's salary for the 2009 season? (pretty sure he was). Shanahan wasn't even looking for another gig; why would he when he was being paid for playing golf? He was a hot commodity ("ego" notwithstanding) when he was ready to go back to coaching.

Oh...and ATL got lucky. Other teams should not expect 3 major miscues within the first quarter from Peyton Manning. (even elite QBs can have an occasional bad day).

Top ten draft picks = not being in playoff contention. Many... possibly including you... would be calling for coaches to be fired if we aren't in playoff contention. Basically you're saying it's necessary to suck in order to succeed. I don't think that's always true. Some top-10 draft picks wind up being Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell.

Oh and neither the Steelers nor the Patriots have been through any meltdowns in recent history.

On edit: you have to go back to 2000 to find a top-10 draft pick for the Steelers (Plaxico Burress at #8).
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/draft.htm

I "think" the Steelers have enjoyed "some" playoff success since 2000.

ol#7
09-20-2012, 02:36 AM

Now I was glad to finally have the rings and trophy's but frankly not at the cost that the next decade would bring.. I would have loved to have Pat force a GM on his worthless ass after one of several total wastes of first round picks.

Of all the stupid things you have posted lately, this has to be the dumbest!

AmericanBroncFan
09-20-2012, 03:53 AM
The point of this thread is to get Moreno on IR and his Bronco career OVER! haha GoodBye BUST!

Beantown Bronco
09-20-2012, 06:10 AM
The point of this thread is to get Moreno on IR and his Bronco career OVER! haha GoodBye BUST!

How is this guy not banned yet?

lonestar
09-20-2012, 09:25 AM
Wasn't Bowlen still paying Shanahan's salary for the 2009 season? (pretty sure he was). Shanahan wasn't even looking for another gig; why would he when he was being paid for playing golf? He was a hot commodity ("ego" notwithstanding) when he was ready to go back to coaching.

Oh...and ATL got lucky. Other teams should not expect 3 major miscues within the first quarter from Peyton Manning. (even elite QBs can have an occasional bad day).

Top ten draft picks = not being in playoff contention. Many... possibly including you... would be calling for coaches to be fired if we aren't in playoff contention. Basically you're saying it's necessary to suck in order to succeed. I don't think that's always true. Some top-10 draft picks wind up being Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell.

Oh and neither the Steelers nor the Patriots have been through any meltdowns in recent history.

On edit: you have to go back to 2000 to find a top-10 draft pick for the Steelers (Plaxico Burress at #8).
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/draft.htm

I "think" the Steelers have enjoyed "some" playoff success since 2000.

yes tanahan got paid by Pat which frankly should have made his coaching the next year even more attractive to other teams they would have had "THEGUY" for basically free..

no one pursued him plain and simple his resume/ego spoke for itself.. frankly I doubt that many other teams would have went after him hard other than Snyder the moron.. but it is moot because he was an epic fail his first couple of years.. taking a top ten D in 2009 (actually they were a top ten team for the prior 3 years)..and dragging into in near the cellar in 10.. #31 only team worse than we were..

sorry was thinking that BEN was a top ten pick when he was actually an 11.. big whoop..

as for the other teams

NE Mayo, Seymour, Beldso, Mc ginest all top ten picks.. so while they have not had any lately the ones they did kept them good and really BB makes more out of #2s and 3s than any other HC in the NFL..

BAL suggs, ogden, biulware, starks, mcalister, lewis suggs, ngata @12, and last but not least Flacco @18..

ATL Jones, ryan, anderson, hall, VICK.

NOL Bush, williams but then most of that teams success has been Breeze and really good coaching..
but then they started from scratch also..

you also have to understand that most of those teams that are consistent winners also have great FOs and really good HC, and even then sometimes crap happens a star player goes down for the year and frankly the only way that PIT had a chance at getting BEN..

We have sucked in our FO for very long time, I only hope that John will stabilize that and emulate NE, PIT and Most importantly BAL's Newsome as his example of how to do things..

houghtam
09-20-2012, 09:29 AM

This. I was under the impression that wishing injury on our players was a bannable offense.

If it's not, just wait...

lonestar
09-20-2012, 09:33 AM

Actually I think that is the sentiment of most fans they want Moreno gone..

I do however agree with you about the poster.. can't say I have seen anything of substance from him/her yet..

BowlenBall
09-20-2012, 09:39 AM

Not cool, dude... seriously, not cool....

Rabb
09-20-2012, 09:52 AM

He has to rep bomb some family smack first. Wishing injuries on players, that is just fine.

Beantown Bronco
09-20-2012, 10:05 AM

I do however agree with you about the poster.. can't say I have seen anything of substance from him/her yet..

Wanting a player gone is fine.....that's not what I was objecting to. It's the manner in which he wants said player gone. That's not ok.

lonestar
09-20-2012, 10:11 AM
Wanting a player gone is fine.....that's not what I was objecting to. It's the manner in which he wants said player gone. That's not ok.

maybe I did not make myself clear so let me repeat it with hi-lites.. Originally Posted by lonestar View Post

does that help?

broncocalijohn
09-20-2012, 10:23 AM

I feel like it is usedupbraids all over again.

razorwire77
09-20-2012, 10:24 AM

lame.

Jetmeck
09-20-2012, 11:23 PM
Of all the stupid things you have posted lately, this has to be the dumbest!

What do you expect from this ass clown. Always bitchin bout shanny and anything bronco related.............how can you be a fan and hate everything bout the team ?

maven
09-21-2012, 12:08 AM

Ha!

Thread talks about a fumble that Decker recovered. The source of the fumble was Moreno. Then people are for or against Moreno. Then out of nowhere.

"had he been drafted by Tanahan most of you would still be slobbering all over yourselves..

sad that Y'all can't get over Tanahan being fired..-"lonestar

then this

bashing your hero OMG...

one of these days you'll get a life and figure out that while he won with the help of John and several other HOF players and a few more that should be, two rings..

and since he has done squat.. ONE win out of 6 -7 maybe even more Playoff games..

the master mind won a lot of early games in each season and then they tended to lose the important late games.. IIRC being up by three games in two seasons and losing out..

and the crusher of it 41 round 1-3 players taken in his regime the moron only was able to justify resigning 6.. 3 LB's DJ (wow is that looking like a great move) Wilson and mobley, Greise QB that was worthless as a teat on a boar. dan neil who was undersized but did not play like it.. and pryce.. which by the way were in the same draft class..

I will not even start on the number of overpriced FA that he signed to cover for all the DAFT fubars he made and just how many of them worth even more worth less than TANAHAN was..

or how many times he had to go to vet stars TD, John, Jake or Rod just as a sample to redo their contracts to get under the cap space he screwed up.. How many millions of dollars he wasted in up front money as well as more money on each contract so they could get under the the cap.

Or after he was fired one of the Defenders commented now maybe we will not feel like second class citizens anymore..

BTW of his stellar 11 starting 08 defenders 3 made it on our to the 09 squad while none of the others ever started again in the NFL and most were not even in the NFL after leaving DEN..

yep he was a mastermind alright.. Might have been the best OC we ever had but past that I'm not impressed at all..

You are very passionate about Mike Shanahan, Mr. Lonestar

ol#7
09-21-2012, 12:18 AM

This guy was a terrible poster on the ESPN boards, actually caused alot of people to stop posting. It's unfortunate he found his way over here.

maher_tyler
09-21-2012, 01:29 AM
Ha!

Thread talks about a fumble that Decker recovered. The source of the fumble was Moreno. Then people are for or against Moreno. Then out of nowhere.

"had he been drafted by Tanahan most of you would still be slobbering all over yourselves..

sad that Y'all can't get over Tanahan being fired..-"lonestar

then this

bashing your hero OMG...

You are very passionate about Mike Shanahan, Mr. Lonestar

All bold. Is this the new all caps?

TheChamp24
09-21-2012, 06:40 AM
I find it humerous that out of nowhere Shanahan is brought up. lol

We'd be giving Moreno a hard time no matter what coach drafted him. We praised the Football God's when he got rid of George Foster.