PDA

View Full Version : I'm not mad.

maven
09-17-2012, 11:35 PM
Long season to go. As bad as the 1st three quarters was, Denver almost had the chance to come back and win the game. Week 4 Denver finally plays a division opponent(Raiders @home). I foresee more of a learning process on offense and I think it will click by Week 9. 4 of the last 7 games are against the division. Denver isn't there yet, but I think they can do it. Just make the playoffs. All I want.

I'm not mad.

menonite
09-17-2012, 11:39 PM
I'm concerned. I was hoping Manning would look better. I don't like the teams odds against the Texans, frankly.

24champ
09-17-2012, 11:39 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Not_175bc3_1361083.jpg

maven
09-17-2012, 11:42 PM
If we were rooting for the New Orleans Saints I'd be very concerned. They are horrible on defense.

This loss was to an NFC opponent. Division games and AFC opponents are where Denver needs to win.

Action
09-17-2012, 11:43 PM
Yeah, this is a process people, and Denver will get better believe that. Manning will fix his mistakes.

I think when people wake up in the morning and look back at this, you can't be too mad.

It's an away game, against a super bowl contender... and after trailing 20-0 we came back and outscored them 21-7.

This is one of those games that will help make the team stronger IMO... not a game that deflates a team because it's such an upset.

Lycan
09-17-2012, 11:49 PM
I'm not worried about the future but I am mad tonight. I'll be over it by tomorrow but for now I'm just going to curse the refs until my rage abates.

I'm hopeful for next week. I think Peyton will be pissed off about his play tonight and come back with a vengeance.

NFLBRONCO
09-17-2012, 11:53 PM
I'm concerned about Pass Rush more then anything. I'm not furious just diappointed tonight. Growing pains esp on road will show up early this season.

Action
09-18-2012, 12:33 AM
I don't like the teams odds against the Texans, frankly.

Let's not forget Del Rio has coached against that Kubiak offense for the past X years...twice a year.

ZONA
09-18-2012, 12:35 AM
Yeah, this is a process people, and Denver will get better believe that. Manning will fix his mistakes.

I think when people wake up in the morning and look back at this, you can't be too mad.

It's an away game, against a super bowl contender... and after trailing 20-0 we came back and outscored them 21-7.

This is one of those games that will help make the team stronger IMO... not a game that deflates a team because it's such an upset.

I couldn't agree more. I think this team came out rattled and unsure of themselves. But showed tremendous heart and character to fight back into it, fighting the refs all night as well, and to fall short by 6 points. Proud of how they showed some true grit when everything seemed to go wrong early on.

SoCalBronco
09-18-2012, 12:54 AM
Actually I think we match up with Houston very well. They're obviously well coached and a very talented team that has played well so far, as to be expected. However, we've shown two games in a row now that we can stop the run. We lost Warren and while kicking Methwolfe inside hurt in the pass rush department, we were very strong up front and they basically never got much started there. Houston's whole offense starts with the run game. If they can't run the ball, they don't get to the rollout game. They don't get to the play-action pass etc. We've got good corners and they have one great reciever. We have the personnel to erase or at least limit Andre Johnson and force them to throw the ball to other players in order to move the chains.

This is a game Denver needs to win and we should win it.

Durango
09-18-2012, 01:13 AM
I'm concerned. I was hoping Manning would look better. I don't like the teams odds against the Texans, frankly.

Oh brother.

menonite
09-18-2012, 01:21 AM
^ I'm sorry. You're right. the Texans are going to be a cakewalk and the best way to beat them is to turn the ball over as much as possible in the first quarter.

All I'm saying is that they look to be a very tough team to beat and i would feel better about the game if the offense had played better tonight.

Action
09-18-2012, 01:30 AM
^ I'm sorry. You're right. the Texans are going to be a cakewalk and the best way to beat them is to turn the ball over as much as possible in the first quarter.

All I'm saying is that they look to be a very tough team to beat and i would feel better about the game if the offense had played better tonight.

Texans are absolutely a tough match up and have one of the best defenses in the league. However, we're at home and we have a DC who has played them quite well in his days at Jacksonville.

Everyone would have liked Manning to look better but this game brings us down to reality a bit.

Manning was out for a year, didn't take 1 snap. Couldn't throw a football.

Today, he was playing on the road, in a dome, with a brand new team in a new offense, against a defensive scheme that disguised quite well for the game.

All that and we managed to come back within 1 touchdown which I'm confident everyone thought we would have made had we got the chance.

It's a process...

Vegas_Bronco
09-18-2012, 01:48 AM
More time and fewer mistakes and this game ends differently...nothing to get mad about...we just made too many and in all the wrong areas. I think this loss showed us how manning needs to adjust his offense to our personnel and really begin to mold his calls around the abilities of each player...instead of assuming its better to pass than run or throw long instead of 15-20 yards on a dump pass to the back.

CEH
09-18-2012, 07:35 AM
What happens at 3:05 if Jones is one yard short and we get the ball back
I really like our chances to take the lead.

Don't you?

Steve Sewell
09-18-2012, 07:42 AM
The Broncos nearly won a game on the road against a playoff caliber team while losing the turnover battle by 4.

I think they have a fighting chance against the Texans at home...

lolcopter
09-18-2012, 07:46 AM
I'm concerned about Pass Rush more then anything. I'm not furious just diappointed tonight. Growing pains esp on road will show up early this season.

Our pass protection looked pretty shoddy too

RhymesayersDU
09-18-2012, 07:47 AM
The Broncos nearly won a game on the road against a playoff caliber team while losing the turnover battle by 4.

I think they have a fighting chance against the Texans at home...

This.

Peyton looked bad and there's no way around that, but we had four turnovers and were in the game in the 4th. Call it spin, but Atlanta came off worse than we did IMO. They should have blown us out by a lot.

Again, Peyton had a poor game, but he has a track record of great play. There's no reason to believe that's going to happen every single week. He'll bounce back next week. And the Texans are good, but we're at home.

Broncosman
09-18-2012, 07:52 AM

all will be better .

Garcia Bronco
09-18-2012, 08:04 AM
I am not mad or concerned either. What I saw last night was franchise improvement. Over the past decade this game would have been some kind of 40-whatever blow out. Cutler, Plummer, Griese, and Orton would have all went into the tank and given up in the first quarter, and the defense would have played in kind. Not this team and especially not after last season.

Go Broncos.

Garcia Bronco
09-18-2012, 08:05 AM
Our pass protection looked pretty shoddy too

Most likely because they could hear very well.

canadianbroncosfan
09-18-2012, 08:08 AM
Maven, Action, Steve, Rhyme

All I can say is THANK YOU

Thank you for looking at the bigger picture. It's only week 2 guys, and we came back to nearly win a game by only really showing up for one half! We lost the turnover battle, we lost the ref battle, we played a high caliber team, ON THE ROAD, oh and it was still only week 2.

I'll wait a bit before I even get close to consider being "worried"

Cheers fellas

ColoradoDarin
09-18-2012, 08:20 AM

Mike Shanahan always talked about having to play one quarter for every game missed to knock off a QB's rust. Manning was out 20 games, therefore he's pretty far ahead of 20 quarter's worth of rust.

lolcopter
09-18-2012, 08:25 AM
Most likely because they could hear very well.

I don't think hearing has much to do with Walton getting rag dolled all over the field

Steve Prefontaine
09-18-2012, 08:37 AM
I am not mad or concerned either. What I saw last night was franchise improvement. Over the past decade this game would have been some kind of 40-whatever blow out. Cutler, Plummer, Griese, and Orton would have all went into the tank and given up in the first quarter, and the defense would have played in kind. Not this team and especially not after last season.

Go Broncos.

Totally agree. Manning played his F game in the first half and they still almost pulled out the win. The whole team put up a good fight in the 2nd half. 2 years ago this game would have ended 35-10.

BroncoBeavis
09-18-2012, 08:43 AM
Totally agree. Manning played his F game in the first half and they still almost pulled out the win. The whole team put up a good fight in the 2nd half. 2 years ago this game would have ended 35-10.

Not worried about Manning at all. I'm worried about getting repeatedly owned over the middle on defense. We're not going to win any 40+ point shootouts with the Gronknandez machine.

Action
09-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Not worried about Manning at all. I'm worried about getting repeatedly owned over the middle on defense. We're not going to win any 40+ point shootouts with the Gronknandez machine.

Completely agree here. We got torched in the middle and we need to find a way to fix that... both games.

BroncoMan4ever
09-18-2012, 02:27 PM

1st road game in almost 2 years with a new team in front one of the most hardcore fan bases in football against a team that has legit super bowl contender status that has only lost 4 home games over the last 4+ seasons. I am not worried about Peyton at all

Way too early to panic. Take the fact that we coughed up the ball 4 times and at the end of the game we were a defensive stop away from getting the ball and getting a chance to go for a win.

BroncoMan4ever
09-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Mike Shanahan always talked about having to play one quarter for every game missed to knock off a QB's rust. Manning was out 20 games, therefore he's pretty far ahead of 20 quarter's worth of rust.

Makes sense, I think most people expected that Peyton wouldn't be fully back until after at least week 4

Rock Chalk
09-18-2012, 02:52 PM
Completely agree here. We got torched in the middle and we need to find a way to fix that... both games.

Ben torched us.

Matt Ryan completed a couple of passes.

Was 5/13 on 3rd down and only had 219 yards at home.

We held the vaunted Falcon offense to 275 total yards. 67 yards rushing, 208 total passing.

We gave them 3 short fields, and held them to 13 points on those 3 short fields.

TD - 1 yard drive off TO

4 3 and outs.

Denver's defense allowed 3 long drives. 2 for TDs and 1 for a FG. The FG was allowed on a Turnover (that shouldnt have been a turnover but I digress).

Here's their drive chart:
1 yard - TD (off TO)
24 yards - FG (off TO)
1 yard - Punt
7 yards - Punt
59 yards - FG (off TO)
73 Yards - TD
30 yards - Punt
64 yards - TD (Bogus PI call extended this drive)
37 yards - Punt
-6 yards - Punt
3 yards - Punt
25 yards (end game)

All things being equal, we did not in anyway get torched. Atlanta has a high powered offense, they are going to get points, and they are going to move the ball on some drives. But we forced 6 punts on 12 drives.

It took them 3 plays to get a TD on a 1 yard drive.

6 plays to get a FG on 24 yards.

Basically, we gift wrapped this game to them. It took Manning's worst outing in 14 years and they still barely won.

People overreact to the secondary missing on a few plays, but the simple fact is, the other team has good players too and they make plays too. We did not get torched and this defense has absolutely NOTHING to hang their head about.