PDA

View Full Version : Overreaction much?

Bacchus
09-17-2012, 10:25 PM
I think Denver is the better team. I thought the defense played great. Peyton I think was trying to push the ball downfield more than he should have but hey it is all a learning experience. I know one thing Atlanta does not scare me. No one is going to go 16-0 and losing this game will help Denver.

So flame away but next week Kubes is coming back to Denver and that game will be much more important.

go_broncos
09-17-2012, 10:27 PM
We are going to lose against Texans next week.This team is done.

Bacchus
09-17-2012, 10:30 PM

HAHAHA wow, go broncos first one off the bandwagon..... color me not surprised.:spit:

theAPAOps5

Shut the **** up. Go post on a jets forum. Loser

Drunken.Broncoholic

This has to be sarcasm. Ha!

ant1999e

I thought I had this guy on ignore???

go_broncos
09-17-2012, 10:32 PM
I thought I had this guy on ignore???

You can't put me on Ignore..

Bacchus
09-17-2012, 10:33 PM
You can't put me on Ignore..

Just ask SoCal if you can change your name to No_Broncos.

Doggcow
09-17-2012, 10:35 PM
We are definitely the better team.

No injuries. We will be fine.

Rocket 7
09-17-2012, 10:36 PM
In years past when we got down like this we just tanked it. Like the Lions game last year or Raiders game the year before. It shows improvement that this team didn't give up and fought till the end.

IBeWriteGood
09-17-2012, 10:55 PM

We are severely lacking in puzzy Broncos fans like this guy.

Where have all the people gone? lololol

MrPeepers
09-17-2012, 10:56 PM
In years past when we got down like this we just tanked it. Like the Lions game last year or Raiders game the year before. It shows improvement that this team didn't give up and fought till the end.

this...

D will rally because it believes it and the O can change the game.

enjolras
09-17-2012, 11:14 PM
I thought Lonestar would be the first to implode... I guess he kinda already has.

Action
09-17-2012, 11:17 PM
I think Denver is the better team. I thought the defense played great. Peyton I think was trying to push the ball downfield more than he should have but hey it is all a learning experience. I know one thing Atlanta does not scare me. No one is going to go 16-0 and losing this game will help Denver.

So flame away but next week Kubes is coming back to Denver and that game will be much more important.

My exact thought process. Those 3 interceptions were all because of 1 player (Manning)... and probably a little bit of the game plan. But if you take everything as a whole, we definitely look like the better team.

maher_tyler
09-18-2012, 12:29 AM
Considering we turned the ball over 4 times and could have easily won this game. We dropped at least 2-3 ints. At least one looked like it could have gone for 6. Only things that worry me is the confusion in the secondary and Doom not getting to the QB. Though it seems he is lined up super wide..not sure if that matters any. Also, i think teams could be game planning to counter our pass rush getting the ball out quicker. On top of that, we haven't played with much of a lead the first 2 weeks.

Kaylore
09-18-2012, 12:32 AM

go_denethor is back I see...

http://lotr.darthscreencapture.com/ROTK/D/22/image/denethor_141.jpg

Bacchus
09-18-2012, 12:51 AM

Just LAST Week you stated you were on board wiht this team and they convinced you to like them again. So in ONE week you flip back again. You aren't even a Broncos' fan stop pretending. You can still come on here and rip the team just stop pretending you are a fan of the team. You can just change your name to No_Broncos or Bob_JR.

Whichever one strikes your fancy.

long beach bronco
09-18-2012, 07:34 AM
I am definetley not worried, Broncos do a few things different last night and we win that game. In the first quarter instead of forcing that ball downfield, Peyton should have checked down on a few screen passes to loosen up that defense. It must've been a lot of humidity in that building as well because I noticed Peyton wiping his hands constantly and the ball sailed on him a few times. This team will learn from this.

DBroncos4life
09-18-2012, 07:39 AM
Balts D forced 4 fumbles and lost. Pats lost at home and we have the head up against Pitt. Things are fine.

Broncosman
09-18-2012, 08:08 AM
This has to be sarcasm. Ha!

just leave him alone

canadianbroncosfan
09-18-2012, 08:13 AM
My exact thought process. Those 3 interceptions were all because of 1 player (Manning)... and probably a little bit of the game plan. But if you take everything as a whole, we definitely look like the better team.

No doubt, to put it on a bigger perspective, if that INT isn't returned to the 1 and Atlanta doesn't score a TD on that drive we win. I know it would've changed the whole game, but it does put it in perspective how close we were by having FOUR turnovers.

We showed in the 2nd half, just how much the better team we were.

ColoradoDarin
09-18-2012, 08:22 AM
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vmXWZFPvCAU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vmXWZFPvCAU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

fontaine
09-18-2012, 08:40 AM

I wouldn't call what Manning did as a veteran with more than a decade's worth of experience in the league as "it is all a learning experience."

Manning needs to stop making those stupid throws into double coverage (he did the same thing in preseason), and check it down instead.

That's pretty much all the learning that he needs to do.

Bacchus
09-18-2012, 09:14 AM
I am definetley not worried, Broncos do a few things different last night and we win that game. In the first quarter instead of forcing that ball downfield, Peyton should have checked down on a few screen passes to loosen up that defense. It must've been a lot of humidity in that building as well because I noticed Peyton wiping his hands constantly and the ball sailed on him a few times. This team will learn from this.

I wonder what Peyton was thinking. Was that part of the game plan to hit them early on the seem routes? Did they see film showing they could expose that? Whatever the reason Peyton forced the ball out of character for him.

He needs to stay away from those deep middle routes. His arm isn't strong enough. He was also picked by Seattle on one of those routes.

Boobs McGee
09-18-2012, 09:20 AM

http://i.imgur.com/vGdg9.gif

canadianbroncosfan
09-18-2012, 09:24 AM
I wonder what Peyton was thinking. Was that part of the game plan to hit them early on the seem routes? Did they see film showing they could expose that? Whatever the reason Peyton forced the ball out of character for him.

He needs to stay away from those deep middle routes. His arm isn't strong enough. He was also picked by Seattle on one of those routes.

I really think Manning should have avoided no huddle, especially in the first quarter after the first interception. I know he was over/under throwing but it also looked liked there was a communication breakdown between him and the receivers. The noise in the Dome didn't help. He could have slowed the pace right down and maybe avoided some of the more costly early mistakes.

Pick Six
09-18-2012, 09:24 AM
First, I'm pretty sure that go_broncos was being sarcastic. We need Hotrod back. He was the king of reverse mojo sarcasm. I don't think we were overreacting, at all. During the game, I logged into the Mane just to see if it was melting down. I think most people understand that beating Atlanta, at home, is very difficult. Mike Nolan had his defense prepared. It happens...:ouwknow:

bowtown
09-18-2012, 09:27 AM
First, I'm pretty sure that go_broncos was being sarcastic. We need Hotrod back. He was the king of reverse mojo sarcasm. I don't think we were overreacting, at all. During the game, I logged into the Mane just to see if it was melting down. I think most people understand that beating Atlanta, at home, is very difficult. Mike Nolan had his defense prepared. It happens...:ouwknow:

He wasn't. He'll never forgive Elway for signing Peyton after go_broncos swore up and down we wouldn't. He doesn't like people showing him up, especially his favorite team. He's been doom and gloom and rooting for us to lose since that day.

Blart
09-18-2012, 09:49 AM
I agree, Broncos are the better team. We out-gained them, out played them, but had some 1st quarter jitters that lost the game.

IBeWriteGood
09-18-2012, 09:56 AM

I'm not sure about all this football talk.

But we definitely need more fans like you.

gunns
09-18-2012, 10:10 AM
While last nights game didn't feel good at all (I hate that first loss), teams from the last few years would not have come back from that far down to make it a much closer game. I'm really enjoying the D and I think by the end of the season we will be contending. I didn't like Mannings 3 INT's but it was first game on the road and he's still trying to adjust to a Broncos team and not a Colts team. I think he's pushing too hard to prove to himself he's back. He needs to calm down and play like he did last week, with confidence. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Dedhed
09-18-2012, 10:20 AM
My favorite part about the overreaction is that the majority of the whining threads on the first page are complaining about a defense that gave up 27 points to one of the best offensive teams in the league after basically starting the game by spotting them 7 points.

The takes are a complete joke.

DivineLegion
09-18-2012, 12:43 PM
My favorite part about the overreaction is that the majority of the whining threads on the first page are complaining about a defense that gave up 27 points to one of the best offensive teams in the league after basically starting the game by spotting them 7 points.

The takes are a complete joke.

No kidding! The third down D improved significantly, the run defense continues to impress, and our corners were phenomenal! Matt Ryan had 140 yards passing to his WRs. Julio Jones had 4 catches for 14 yards. Our linebackers are still weak in coverage, but they have been exceptional at plugging gaps in the run game. This team is a Linebacker away from being exceptional. 13 points off turnovers, only 3 sustained drives for ATL, and people are complaining about this Defense? We turned the ball over 4 times! If our defense were as bad as some of these yahoos were making it out to be we would have been down 28 in the first half.

This seems strange, but I took more positive notes from this game than negative.

Tony Carter did an exceptional Job on Julio Jones all game long. You want to talk about an underrated performance.

Wesley Woodyard is outperforming DJ as a first and second down linebacker. Being a DJ Williams fan boy I never thought I would say this, but the only thing about DJ that I miss right now is his coverage.

Kevin Vickerson is a beast! Talk about a guy who has given everything he's got to make it work, this man has done what few before him have ever achieved; total retribution.

Did anyone honestly belive the Broncos were going to start this season allowing less than 200 yards rushing through two games? Be honest now.

Mike Adams wasn't phenomenal, but he showed poise and tenacity. I'm hoping the coaching staff puts Moore to bed, and let's Quinton Carter come back out to play.

Tracy Porter is very dangerous, and got his hands in even more passes. Tracy Porter is a significant upgrade to Andre Goodman. Best #2 corner since D-Will (RIP), and honestly reminds me a lot of Darrent minus the tackling. D-Will was one hell of a tackler. I miss that kid.

For those of you who thought Champ lost a step, hahahahahahahahaha!

The offense is a work in progress, no one thought they were going to destroy the world right out of the gate, and we saw a lot of miscommunication in a very loud building on the road. Expected really, we got carried away with the flawless performance against the Steelers, and believed a bunch of guys running a college offense made a quick transition to one of the most difficult offenses to master in professional football. This was a learning experience, and a 13 year veteran can still learn; so can a group of guys who are playing their first full year in a brand new offense. Does it suck? Yea, it sucks, but to blow this game out of proportion like a lot of you are is assanine. We lost to a very good team on the road, it happens.

errand
09-18-2012, 01:12 PM
Tough to beat anyone when you turn ball over 4 times in 1st half...let alone entire game...but really, how many multiple turnover games has Peyton ever had? We'll be fine....

Gort
09-18-2012, 01:16 PM
No doubt, to put it on a bigger perspective, if that INT isn't returned to the 1 and Atlanta doesn't score a TD on that drive we win. I know it would've changed the whole game, but it does put it in perspective how close we were by having FOUR turnovers.

We showed in the 2nd half, just how much the better team we were.

congrats. that's just how Browns fans rationalize the day after a loss. and Dolphins fans. and Chefs fans. and Rams fans. and Bills fans.

:welcome:

Action
09-18-2012, 02:11 PM
congrats. that's just how Browns fans rationalize the day after a loss. and Dolphins fans. and Chefs fans. and Rams fans. and Bills fans.

None of those teams would be 1 play away from giving the offense a chance to win after having a -4 in the turnover ratio.

Bacchus
09-18-2012, 08:45 PM

Whatever, Denver let a very winable game slip by. It happens. They'll probably win a game later in the year they should have lost.

richpjr
09-18-2012, 09:55 PM
The Falcons were daring Manning to go deep and he could not make them pay for it. The rest of the league will follow suit and unless he can hit a few, teams will concentrate on the short to intermediate passes and life will be difficult for the Bronco offense.

Pontius Pirate
09-18-2012, 10:06 PM

You gotta say "RM" (reverse mojo) before you do that.

Bacchus
09-19-2012, 06:58 AM

You just stated in the Houston thread Denver is going to win. Covering you bases on this one?