PDA

View Full Version : Official Refs Blow Thread

Turd_Ferguson
09-17-2012, 07:14 PM
I understand there were 4 Turnovers in the first quarter, and that the Broncos look like hot garbage, and those are just things that happen throughout the season. What I can't understand is how a BILLION DOLLAR organization like the NFL can look people in the eye and tell them they trust these ****ing refs to officiate a game... Unbelievable ****ing joke please share your thoughts!

Turd_Ferguson
09-17-2012, 07:15 PM
They let the freaking PLAYERS talk them into ANY CALL THEY WANT, and then throw the flag 30 seconds after the play is over!!

houghtam
09-17-2012, 07:17 PM
I understand there were 4 Turnovers in the first quarter, and that the Broncos look like hot garbage, and those are just things that happen throughout the season. What I can't understand is how a BILLION DOLLAR organization like the NFL can look people in the eye and tell them they trust these ****ing refs to officiate a game... Unbelievable ****ing joke please share your thoughts!

And if that weren't enough, advertisers are probably livid, as well as ESPN. That was the most excruciating hour of football I have ever seen.

lolcopter
09-17-2012, 07:19 PM
This is a disgrace to the game. Flat out embarrassing

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Yep to all your posts.

spdirty
09-17-2012, 07:30 PM
It doesn't feel like legitimate football. Feels like NBA refs are doing these games.

Mogulseeker
09-17-2012, 07:30 PM
I'd like to keep count of the missed calles...

1. The fumble that went to the wrong team.
2. The blown PI call.
3. Blown hold on Dreesen.

razorwire77
09-17-2012, 07:35 PM

2. The blown PI call.

4. missed DT touchdown call while looking right at it
5. missed Von getting tackled
6. missed Doom getting tackled
7. the 2nd down goaline touchdown that wasn't really a touchdown.

lolcopter
09-17-2012, 07:37 PM
^ missed tipped ball on our first challenge

BroncoLifer
The contract demands from the regular refs just went up.....

Turd_Ferguson

2. The blown PI call.

Dont forget when they threw a flag on Fox for trying to challenge number of men on the field because the ref thought you couldn't challenge that....BUT YOU CAN!

Oh and the brawl that started due to the fact that they just let the players mill around after every play talking trash and pushing and shoving. The brawl in which im pretty sure no flags were thrown...

Rolandftw
09-17-2012, 07:38 PM
The refs shouldn't have missed the tipped pass, and they made a bad call on the pass interference call. Falcons player #93 should have been ejected probably for what looked like throwing a couple punches. Rest were just late calls, but were the correct ones.

But we're lucky to be within 20-7 with 3 INT's and 1 fumble. Not to count two personal fouls, by the ever intelligent Rahim Moore and Joe Mays. Absolute morons.

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-17-2012, 07:38 PM
That PI call on carter kept that drive alive for a TD. Carter didn't even touch him.

Ive never hated refs more than this game right here. I usually get pissed at NBA refs but this is a whole new level.

lolcopter
09-17-2012, 07:39 PM
Should have ejected a falcon on that scrummage

Rolandftw
09-17-2012, 07:41 PM
That PI call on carter kept that drive alive for a TD. Carter didn't even touch him.

Ive never hated refs more than this game right here. I usually get pissed at NBA refs but this is a whole new level.

It'd have been 3rd and 7, had they not called it.

NUB
09-17-2012, 07:43 PM
Goodell likes to talk about player safety, but pinches pennies on refs and next thing you know we have all kinds of foul play out there.

What an asshat.

Turd_Ferguson
If you want to see what an actual NFL official thinks about these refs check out <s>@</s>MikePereira (https://twitter.com/MikePereira) on twitter, he pretty much says its a disgrace.

Mike Pereira ‏<s>@</s>MikePereira (https://twitter.com/MikePereira) There is no way to keep with your tweets. Just know I feel your frustration. This is not the NFL I worked for. Don't care whose fault it is.

hades

Didn't a Denver player get ejected once for accidentally hitting a ref? I swear a Falcon player knocked a refs hat off during that ordeal.

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-17-2012, 07:44 PM
It'd have been 3rd and 7, had they not called it.

They just said we got 6 extra yards on the last drive. They called yet another college foul. Defensive holding in college is 10 yards. In pros it's 5. How this gets missed is beyond me.

UberBroncoMan
09-17-2012, 07:46 PM
Tony is ass****ing us.

ZONA
09-17-2012, 07:57 PM
And it wasn't just this game. Yesterday was very bad as well. This is ridiculous. Thanks NFL for crap replacement officials. I've said for years I just don't understand how the NFL can't have full time refs. These power/money mongers that run this league are a disgrace to American sports.

Turd_Ferguson
09-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Oh great now the freaking refs in the booth are stopping the damn game to fix the things these refs do wrong... National Football Joke

yerner
09-17-2012, 08:09 PM
It doesn't feel like legitimate football. Feels like NBA refs are doing these games.

i feel the same. it's a really weird vibe.

Doggcow
09-17-2012, 08:11 PM
Refs are doing a great job. They're obviously paid off. Can't fault them too much for making an extra buck.

Turd_Ferguson
09-17-2012, 08:33 PM
Refs are doing a great job. They're obviously paid off. Can't fault them too much for making an extra buck.

They clearly aren't being paid the the National Football Joke. Those guys don't pay anyone... They'd rather have Roger Goodell's cousin Richie officiate a game than pay someone any money

oubronco
09-17-2012, 09:10 PM

You mean the guy who pushed two refs?

UberBroncoMan
09-17-2012, 09:13 PM
You mean the guy who pushed two refs?

Yep.

I remember when Stokley got ejected for tapping the finger of a ref.

oubronco
09-17-2012, 09:20 PM
Yep.

I remember when Stokley got ejected for tapping the finger of a ref.

My wife said "You have got to be kidding right? You can't push a ref!"

So why can't these idiots call it

Archer81
09-18-2012, 01:25 AM
I was not mad at the outcome. You cannot turn the ball over 4 times and win. The defense did its job and was put in lousy position early, and only gave up 10 points (I think) off of turnovers.

The officiating was the most horrible thing I have seen in an NFL game. For Goodell to march these ass clowns out and say "everything is fine, they are doing a good job..." no, jackass. They are not. Pay the actual refs and give them what they need, because a first half that takes 2 hours is ****ing horrible.

Hesitation after every call, being cowed by players into making bad calls, ignoring obvious penalties on one drive then flagging for the sake of it on the next series...its a joke. A complete and utter joke. Games are being decided by officiating, and that is sad.

:Broncos:

ol#7
09-18-2012, 01:36 AM
After this weekend I am finally onboard with the 'These guys suck and gotta go bandwagon'!

I really thought they would get up to speed, but I saw several games this weekend decided by inept officiating.

Minnesota got robbed by bad calls, namely phantom holds that killed drives.

Lots of questionable calls in the AZ/NE game.

First a joke of a call on the Vick fumble/pass while ignoring that he was in the pocket AND IT WAS INTENTIONAL GROUNDING!

Fred Davis got LAID OUT on a BLOW TO THE HEAD in the WAS/STL game and no call. Seriously, I still cant believe that didn't draw a flag.

Then last night.

By the time these guys get up to speed, the season will be over and the worst part is they are now effecting the outcome of multiple games a week.

This is an embarrassment.

Archer81
09-18-2012, 01:40 AM
When Tirico is saying its a travesty, you have to rethink the use of replacement refs. I laughed my ass off when they showed Tirico and Gruden in the booth and Gruden had his devil chucky face going after a series of WTF calls.

Not good, NFL. Is getting into a fight with the Ref union worth losing fans and advertizing revenue? How about directly contradicting the whole player safety blitz the league is on? One of these scrums is going to break out into an actual fight and someone is going to get hurt.

ol#7
09-18-2012, 01:46 AM
When Tirico is saying its a travesty, you have to rethink the use of replacement refs. I laughed my ass off when they showed Tirico and Gruden in the booth and Gruden had his devil chucky face going after a series of WTF calls.

Not good, NFL. Is getting into a fight with the Ref union worth losing fans and advertizing revenue? How about directly contradicting the whole player safety blitz the league is on? One of these scrums is going to break out into an actual fight and someone is going to get hurt.

I didn't buy that argument about player safety until seeing the no call on the Fred Davis hit. 1. He was defenseless, and 2, it was a blow to the head.

I saw alot more risky/intent to hurt plays in week two than I did in week one, since the players obviously feel like it's anything goes out there...and pretty much is.

Fedaykin
09-18-2012, 01:54 AM
You can't win when you turn the ball over 4 times against a good team in their house.

That doesn't excuse the blatantly bad officiating. The NFL just needs to pay the real ****ing refs. There's bad officiating (which is what we usually get with the real refs), and then there's what we saw last night and this weekend: complete incompetence.

Blueflame
09-18-2012, 02:12 AM
After this weekend I am finally onboard with the 'These guys suck and gotta go bandwagon'!

I really thought they would get up to speed, but I saw several games this weekend decided by inept officiating.

Minnesota got robbed by bad calls, namely phantom holds that killed drives.

Lots of questionable calls in the AZ/NE game.

First a joke of a call on the Vick fumble/pass while ignoring that he was in the pocket AND IT WAS INTENTIONAL GROUNDING!

Fred Davis got LAID OUT on a BLOW TO THE HEAD in the WAS/STL game and no call. Seriously, I still cant believe that didn't draw a flag.

Then last night.

By the time these guys get up to speed, the season will be over and the worst part is they are now effecting the outcome of multiple games a week.

This is an embarrassment.

Totally agree. It's a subpar product the NFL is selling and they know it but don't care as long as we still tune in and buy their stuff. But if they care more about money than about the integrity of the game, then really what's the point? It sucks.

Punisher
09-18-2012, 02:20 AM

2. The blown PI call.

The blown Hold and pass interference on Decker late in the game. The players know they're gonna get away with calls now the League is a bigger joke than i taught.

go_broncos
09-18-2012, 02:33 AM
Goodell is the worst Comlmissioner..He is like Hitler.
We should have lot of luck to win football games going forward.

Durango
09-18-2012, 02:37 AM
I watched several games Sunday and Sunday Night and didn't think the refs made too many blunders. Not to say they didn't make some glaring errors, but not too many that I saw. But last night was eye-popping God awful. I couldn't believe some of the calls and especially the non-calls. People throwing punches, ten minute delays for reviews.

And all on Monday Night for all the sports world to see. The good news is that this may be the proverbial straw etc., etc. and something will get done in a hurry. Not holding my breath, but just maybe.

go_broncos
09-18-2012, 02:38 AM
I bet the outcome would have been different for many games if the experienced refs were there.

Atwater His Ass
09-18-2012, 03:03 AM
It's flat out embarrassing for the league.

These jokers can't even administer 5 yard penalties onto the ends of runs.

They completely ruined the flow of the game.

BowlenBall
09-18-2012, 03:48 AM
I agree that the Broncos dug their own grave with the four turnovers, and that Mike Nolan called a masterful game for the Falcon's defense, so this isn't a "the refs cost us the game" post.

That being said, there were several calls in the game which were HIGHLY suspicious -- if I were conspiracy-minded, I'd say that the fix was in on some of these:

The Phantom Fumble
oh, Jesus Christ Almighty, was the fumble suspicious. The ball comes out, all video evidence shows a Bronco on top of it, and when they finally untangle the pile, a Bronco is holding the ball. They gave the credit for the recovery to Sean Weatherspoon -- who no one on the field, in the stands, or in the TV viewing audience actually saw with the ball. Were I John Fox, I would have gotten myself ejected on that one, just to prove a point.

The Phantom Pass Interference Calls
One pass interference call for Tony Carter was completely, totally, unquestionably bull**** -- video replays showed that he didn't make contact at any time with the receiver, and was in fact a yard or two off of him during the play. The 'Tip P.I.' call was also a poor one, and I was frankly surprised that the ref threw it. However, at that point in the game, I was willing to give the refs the benefit of the doubt due to inexperience.
The biggest problem was that they were calling pass interference extremely close for the Broncos (even when they were non-existent) and extremely lax for the Falcons. There was one blatant instance (on either Decker or Stokley) where the CB hooked his collar and pulled him sideways in the end zone RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REF, with no call -- and it would have been a very catchable TD.

The Champ Bailey Defensive Holding Call
Maybe this is just me not understanding the rule, but I don't think so. Champ was jamming a receiver within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage on a pass play, when Ryan took off and crossed the line of scrimmage. The ref threw the flag immediately and called it defense holding, even though Champ was engaged in a legal position and the receiver was then a blocker at that point, meaning that not only was contact permissible, it would probably be initiated by the offensive team.

The DeMaryius Thomas TD
When Thomas caught his TD, the ref was in perfect position to see it, with no obstruction of view, around 5 yards away. He was looking right at it! Thomas very clearly had his first foot in, and the second foot dragged through the turf, kicking up several chunks and leaving an obvious mark. And he called it a no-catch on the field! It wasn't a case of being easier to see in slow motion replay, it was a clear cut TD that the ref overruled while in the best seat in the house. Not possible, not acceptable.

Given that a ref was removed from working the New Orleans game last week because he was a Saints fan, I think it's entirely possible --- even probable, given the above --- that we got a screw job last night. Hopefully, the Broncos will contact the league offices after reviewing the tapes and say the same. At the very least, those refs are highly suspect, and shouldn't be used again in subsequent weeks....

go_broncos
09-18-2012, 04:02 AM
I agree that the Broncos dug their own grave with the four turnovers, and that Mike Nolan called a masterful game for the Falcon's defense, so this isn't a "the refs cost us the game" post.

That being said, there were several calls in the game which were HIGHLY suspicious -- if I were conspiracy-minded, I'd say that the fix was in on some of these:

The Phantom Fumble
oh, Jesus Christ Almighty, was the fumble suspicious. The ball comes out, all video evidence shows a Bronco on top of it, and when they finally untangle the pile, a Bronco is holding the ball. They gave the credit for the recovery to Sean Weatherspoon -- who no one on the field, in the stands, or in the TV viewing audience actually saw with the ball. Were I John Fox, I would have gotten myself ejected on that one, just to prove a point.

The Phantom Pass Interference Calls
One pass interference call for Tony Carter was completely, totally, unquestionably bull**** -- video replays showed that he didn't make contact at any time with the receiver, and was in fact a yard or two off of him during the play. The 'Tip P.I.' call was also a poor one, and I was frankly surprised that the ref threw it. However, at that point in the game, I was willing to give the refs the benefit of the doubt due to inexperience.
The biggest problem was that they were calling pass interference extremely close for the Broncos (even when they were non-existent) and extremely lax for the Falcons. There was one blatant instance (on either Decker or Stokley) where the CB hooked his collar and pulled him sideways in the end zone RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REF, with no call -- and it would have been a very catchable TD.

The Champ Bailey Defensive Holding Call
Maybe this is just me not understanding the rule, but I don't think so. Champ was jamming a receiver within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage on a pass play, when Ryan took off and crossed the line of scrimmage. The ref threw the flag immediately and called it defense holding, even though Champ was engaged in a legal position and the receiver was then a blocker at that point, meaning that not only was contact permissible, it would probably be initiated by the offensive team.

The DeMaryius Thomas TD
When Thomas caught his TD, the ref was in perfect position to see it, with no obstruction of view, around 5 yards away. He was looking right at it! Thomas very clearly had his first foot in, and the second foot dragged through the turf, kicking up several chunks and leaving an obvious mark. And he called it a no-catch on the field! It wasn't a case of being easier to see in slow motion replay, it was a clear cut TD that the ref overruled while in the best seat in the house. Not possible, not acceptable.

Given that a ref was removed from working the New Orleans game last week because he was a Saints fan, I think it's entirely possible --- even probable, given the above --- that we got a screw job last night. Hopefully, the Broncos will contact the league offices after reviewing the tapes and say the same. At the very least, those refs are highly suspect, and shouldn't be used again in subsequent weeks....

I believe we were awarded 10/11 yards instead of 5 yards due to a penalty.
Its unfortunate that the game is being decided by them.
Goodell needs to pay the money before this becomes a joke.

Mile High 81
09-18-2012, 04:47 AM
The refs are bad. But this is not their fault. It s like you write articles for an school newspaper an the other day you have to write the lead article of the new york times . Goodwell is an fXXX Moron. Pay the Refs and get this fixed. Even in German Magazines (spiegel, stern. etc.) where usually football is a no show are articles about the Refs. This is an fXXX joke.

Garcia Bronco
09-18-2012, 05:26 AM
It's not paying the refs thats so much the problem. Its that the NFL wants to radically change the performance rating and training program for the refs and their Union will hear none of it based on what I have read.

Punisher
09-18-2012, 06:06 AM
I'm surpised at john fox he should of got himself ejected. Throw a chair on the field do something.

Steve Sewell
09-18-2012, 06:45 AM
It wasn't so much the terrible calls even...the refs' management of the game made it pretty much unwatchable garbage. I have a feeling the networks are going to be the ones to get this "resolved" with the league.

lolcopter
09-18-2012, 06:52 AM
It wasn't so much the terrible calls even...the refs' management of the game made it pretty much unwatchable garbage. I have a feeling the networks are going to be the ones to get this "resolved" with the league.

Thankfully the networks have been pushing and criticizing the replacement refs quite a bit
Last night was a complete joke, the NFL needs to get it together and fix this right now, before the integrity of the game is tarnished even further

Turd_Ferguson
09-18-2012, 07:22 AM
Just want to be clear that in no way am I the guy "blaming the ref". I blame the 3 picks and fumble in the first quarter...Those four plays happened so fast, and then after the Moreno fumble the Refs terrible job never allowed the game to have any flow what so ever. I don't blame Fox for challenging 12 men on the field, because I was challenging every call in my head at that point, which is why these Refs are so bad... You can't have every player, coach, and fan questioning every single play, it ruins the game. With the old refs you might question 3-4 plays a game, but with these clowns, its EVERY SINGLE PLAY. It taints the game, and makes it no fun to watch. At least I could trust the old refs 80% of the time.

lolcopter
09-18-2012, 07:24 AM
Just want to be clear that in no way am I the guy "blaming the ref". I blame the 3 picks and fumble in the first quarter...Those four plays happened so fast, and then after the Moreno fumble the Refs terrible job never allowed the game to have any flow what so ever. I don't blame Fox for challenging 12 men on the field, because I was challenging every call in my head at that point, which is why these Refs are so bad... You can't have every player, coach, and fan questioning every single play, it ruins the game. With the old refs you might question 3-4 plays a game, but with these clowns, its EVERY SINGLE PLAY. It taints the game, and makes it no fun to watch. At least I could trust the old refs 80% of the time.

Moreno did fumble, but we recovered and the refs blew the call

lolcopter
09-18-2012, 07:29 AM
RT @AdamSchefter: Larry King on Colin Cowherd saying NFL is being "laughed at" with replacenent officials, league is being "cheap." King going to town on NFL

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-18-2012, 07:29 AM
Where are all the dip****s on this forum talking jive about how these guys are fine, and we shouldn't give in to the "demands" of the REAL REFS because blah blah blah UNION BAD BLERG RABBLE RABBLE?

NURR ITS NOT THAT BAD U GYZ NURRRRRRRR.

lolcopter
09-18-2012, 07:31 AM
Where are all the dip****s on this forum talking jive about how these guys are fine, and we shouldn't give in to the "demands" of the REAL REFS because blah blah blah UNION BAD BLERG RABBLE RABBLE?

BUT OMG DUDE THE REFS ARE DUE TO MAKE 75k/year!!!!11!

ColoradoDarin
09-18-2012, 07:33 AM

Because there weren't all these blatant issues last week, but the 4 games I watched this week ALL had major issues with the refs, and last night they didn't even know basic things (who recovers a fumble, no PI if a pass is tipped).

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-18-2012, 07:37 AM
Because there weren't all these blatant issues last week, but the 4 games I watched this week ALL had major issues with the refs, and last night they didn't even know basic things (who recovers a fumble, no PI if a pass is tipped).

There were blatant issues all through the preseason, and there were massive issues last week as well. Giving seattle an extra timeout, and if they'd won that game, do you REALLY think it wouldn't have been noticed?

The replacements are ****ing abysmal. Some of us have seen it since the preseason.

Turd_Ferguson
09-18-2012, 07:43 AM
Moreno did fumble, but we recovered and the refs blew the call

Yea but the 10 minute brawl after the blown call on the fumble recovery is where it felt like the refs totally lost control of the game and it nose dived out of control.

srphoenix
09-18-2012, 07:45 AM
There was at least 4 calls reversed as well. I don't think I've ever even seen 4 calls reversed in 4 nfl games combined.

edog24
09-18-2012, 07:49 AM
How about the horse collar on Peyton?

lolcopter
09-18-2012, 07:52 AM
How about the horse collar on Peyton?

Apparently you can't get a horse collar call when the QB is in the pocket

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-18-2012, 07:55 AM

That is apparently the rule, but it's a pretty ****ty rule. The horsecollar tackle rule was instituted for safety reasons, and I don't see any difference between a guy running and a guy standing still when it comes to grabbing him by the back of the shoulder pads and whipping him to the turf, back of the head first.

lolcopter
09-18-2012, 07:57 AM
That is apparently the rule, but it's a pretty ****ty rule. The horsecollar tackle rule was instituted for safety reasons, and I don't see any difference between a guy running and a guy standing still when it comes to grabbing him by the back of the shoulder pads and whipping him to the turf, back of the head first.

Completely agree, but they probably left it as legal since you can't hit the QB in the head, or below the knees, or with your helmet, or after the pass, or when they slide, or...

edog24
09-18-2012, 07:58 AM

I thought I heard that last night, that seems ridiculous- it looked really dangerous to me when that happened.

houghtam
09-18-2012, 08:40 AM

It's because the horsecollar wasn't instituted to prevent head injury. That tackle when used on someone running away is very likely to cause leg injuries.