PDA

View Full Version : Legal experts:

Mogulseeker
09-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Legal experts: given current NFL union laws, is it possible for NFL owners to have a vote of no confidence, and fire Rodger Goodell for incompetence?

gyldenlove
09-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Legal experts: given current NFL union laws, is it possible for NFL owners to have a vote of no confidence, and fire Rodger Goodell for incompetence?

Why would they do that? Goodell is carrying out the owners mandate, if you think the owners give 2 ****s about the quality of officiating you are dead wrong, they care ONLY about the money, as long as fans across the nation tune into the game they could have 3 chimps in clown costumes out there refereeing.

Jay3
09-17-2012, 08:17 PM

Yes.

Mogulseeker
09-17-2012, 08:28 PM
Why would they do that? Goodell is carrying out the owners mandate, if you think the owners give 2 ****s about the quality of officiating you are dead wrong, they care ONLY about the money, as long as fans across the nation tune into the game they could have 3 chimps in clown costumes out there refereeing.

Good point. Too bad.

tsiguy96
09-17-2012, 08:28 PM
roger is at the will of the owners, why would they fire him for doing what they are asking of him?

hes taking all the heat, and frankly doing a good job overall.

Mogulseeker
09-17-2012, 08:33 PM
roger is at the will of the owners, why would they fire him for doing what they are asking of him?

I've defended him in the past, but this officiating is ridiculous. I feel like I'm back on the sideline in HS again.

errand
09-17-2012, 08:38 PM

For a guy that's done nothing but go to school his entire life, you're not very smart dude....then again, maybe that's the problem.

errand
09-17-2012, 08:39 PM
I find it amazing that you clowns are now bitching about the guys who replaced the last group of guys you bitched about.

spdirty
09-17-2012, 08:58 PM
I find it amazing that you clowns are now b****ing about the guys who replaced the last group of guys you b****ed about.

I never bitched about Hochulie.

tsiguy96
09-17-2012, 09:12 PM
I've defended him in the past, but this officiating is ridiculous. I feel like I'm back on the sideline in HS again.

i agree, but remember there is two parties to every debate. a major thing is the pension which from my understanding, nearly every NFL full time employee is on 401k but the refs want what they had previously.

Mogulseeker
09-17-2012, 09:37 PM
For a guy that's done nothing but go to school his entire life, you're not very smart dude....then again, maybe that's the problem.

Thanks for your qualified opinion.

(I guess a Navy tour, account management on two US congress political campaigns, one year of commissioned financial planning, managing a lobbying profile for one of Colorado's largest lobbying firms, and copy-editing corporate profiles for multiple clients on a turnkey business management firm is "going to school.")

Irish Stout
09-17-2012, 09:43 PM
Its my impression that Goodell can be replaced any time, the question is what the NFL bylaws and articles say for replacing officers of the company. It would likely take a 2/3 vote of the owners in favor of replacement (just a guess). My guess is that they think he is doing fine though.

Irish Stout
09-17-2012, 09:46 PM

Though its a slightly silly question its not like a totally idiotic question. Not sure what your issue is with it.

HAT
09-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Thanks for your qualified opinion.

(I guess a Navy tour, account management on two US congress political campaigns, one year of commissioned financial planning, managing a lobbying profile for one of Colorado's largest lobbying firms, and copy-editing corporate profiles for multiple clients on a turnkey business management firm is "going to school.")

Don't forget getting cock blocked on all 7 continents....I'm sure that had to be somewhat of a learning experience for you too.

Mogulseeker
09-17-2012, 10:23 PM
Though its a slightly silly question its not like a totally idiotic question. Not sure what your issue is with it.

I was more interested in hypotheticals.

BroncoMan4ever
09-17-2012, 11:39 PM

I agree the refs suck, but I also agree with the league about not giving the real refs all they want. They want something like 45 million over the next 5 years which I think amounts yo something like 75000-85000 a year for each ref. I'm sorry but that kind of money for 1 work day a week and only working 6 months out of the year is crazy.

maher_tyler
09-18-2012, 12:16 AM
I agree the refs suck, but I also agree with the league about not giving the real refs all they want. They want something like 45 million over the next 5 years which I think amounts yo something like 75000-85000 a year for each ref. I'm sorry but that kind of money for 1 work day a week and only working 6 months out of the year is crazy.

Obviously being an NFL ref is a lot harder than most think. Basing that off of these current refs the first 2 weeks and pre-season. They have been brutal. So far there aren't any signs of them getting any better either.

lolcopter
09-18-2012, 08:01 AM

LOL LOL LOL

tsiguy96
09-18-2012, 08:09 AM
LOL LOL LOL

people love to come in and say hes ruining the game by enforcing safety rules, but i think they also forget there is over 3000 former NFL players suing the league for not disclosing (allegedly) safety concerns about the game. what would you do?

lolcopter
09-18-2012, 08:18 AM
people love to come in and say hes ruining the game by enforcing safety rules, but i think they also forget there is over 3000 former NFL players suing the league for not disclosing (allegedly) safety concerns about the game. what would you do?

Get the real officials back so safety is actually enforced again, for one

It's a ****ing joke. You can't whine about safety on one hand and then trot out these amateur zebras putting every player at risk

Irish Stout
09-18-2012, 08:41 AM

Safety is hardly being enforced right now. Something needs to be done. There were a few times last night I was sure that game was going to get out of the control of the officials and that there was going to be a massive brawl. Thats not safety when the players don't respect the officials enough to back down... and why should they when they're hardly getting penalized for cheap shots and minor skirmishes.

Mogulseeker
09-18-2012, 06:32 PM
Obviously being an NFL ref is a lot harder than most think. Basing that off of these current refs the first 2 weeks and pre-season. They have been brutal. So far there aren't any signs of them getting any better either.

Plus they're professionals.

If you're the absolute best at what you do, you should get six figures for it, even if you're only doing it once a week.

lonestar
09-18-2012, 07:00 PM

exactly my thoughts when I read the post.

FWIW they can fire him at anytime with a two thirds vote of the owners..

But he take the heat after the owners decide on a rule.. why would they want to lose that buffer from the public..

IIRC they just gave him a fat contract..

BTW they would need more than 3 chimps IIRC the crew is made up of 7-8 guys..

maher_tyler
09-18-2012, 07:10 PM
Markbreit has served as the head trainer for NFL referees since his retirement in 1998. When the league asked him to train the replacement officials, he refused to do so and says he has been "fired" by the NFL.

He's been baffled at the league's decision to, in his words, "jeopardize the integrity of these games, the safety of these games and, in the process, belittle the job that the professional refs have done over the years, because of a contract dispute that amounts to a piddling amount of money."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8396189/former-referee-jerry-markbreit-blasts-nfl-roger-goodell-use-replacement-officials

Serious bush league **** the NFL is doing.