PDA

View Full Version : Must win fellas

EmpireOrange
09-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Hate to say it the on the first road game, but looking at the schedule and Sandy Eggo's, this is a must win. Confidence in the locker room is key right now for Denver. Bumpy road is ahead, this is a must win.

Oh and insider sources tell me that Mr. Elway is working on a trade that could make Broncos one dangerous running team or should I say screen team. Stay tuned.

DBroncos4life
09-17-2012, 05:04 PM
In

spdirty
09-17-2012, 05:09 PM
Hate to say it the on the first road game, but looking at the schedule and Sandy Eggo's, this is a must win. Confidence in the locker room is key right now for Denver. Bumpy road is ahead, this is a must win.

LOL yeah right. This is a measuring stick game, to see how frickin good we are. If this is a must win in a dome, for a 1-0 team, 2nd week of the year, against an explosive offense, on Monday night, going cross-country, then I'd like to see you define a game that isn't "must win."

Bronco Boy
09-17-2012, 05:11 PM
Totally disagree that this is more of a "must win" game than any other. Its a road game against a good team.

theAPAOps5
09-17-2012, 05:12 PM
LOL must win

Goes a long way to a successful season, but far from must win

EmpireOrange
09-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Totally disagree that this is more of a "must win" game than any other. Its a road game against a good team.

What if we lose tonight and then lose to the Texans next week. Where you at now? Texans are a tougher out than Atl. With this schedule, medium to good teams are must wins. Atl is in that group.

theAPAOps5
09-17-2012, 05:18 PM
Houston is a must win, all home games are must win. Road games, especially week 2, aren't.

Bronco X
09-17-2012, 05:21 PM
It's a road game against a quality non conference opponent. Texans, Patriots, Chargers and even the Raiders coming up are all more important games.

Kid A
09-17-2012, 05:21 PM
This is nearly the opposite of a must win. Would be very nice to win, but a road game against a really good home team, non-conference. Nah. Texans and Raiders games are both bigger.

NFLBRONCO
09-17-2012, 05:22 PM
What if we lose tonight and then lose to the Texans next week. Where you at now? Texans are a tougher out than Atl. With this schedule, medium to good teams are must wins. Atl is in that group.

It is a must win if we want to establish ourselves like SB years. In recent years we haven't beaten good or great teams so we need to regain that swagger. We have a 3-5 yr window with Manning not 10-15 years.

NFLBRONCO
09-17-2012, 05:25 PM
This is nearly the opposite of a must win. Would be very nice to win, but a road game against a really good home team, non-conference. Nah. Texans and Raiders games are both bigger.

Yeah for AFC no doubt but, we also need to show we can beat good to great teams on the road. Denver has been blow out by high powered offenses of late that needs to stop if we want to reach and win a SB.

Bacchus
09-17-2012, 05:27 PM
It's only a must win if Denver is to go 16-0.

Otherwise it is a road NFC game.

Kid A
09-17-2012, 05:28 PM
It is a must win if we want to establish ourselves like SB years. In recent years we haven't beaten good or great teams so we need to regain that swagger. We have a 3-5 yr window with Manning not 10-15 years.

If we're going to establish ourselves as a SB contender in a statement win, that will have to happen late in the season.

Our mediocre, 8-8 choke artist team in McD's first season had plenty of statement wins in the first half of the season. The true sign of championship swagger is how you play down the stretch (see: New York Giants, The), not week 2. No matter our final record, if we make the playoffs with Peyton we're a threat to run the table. Don't have to notch style points all the way there, in my opinion (though it would be nice!).

NFLBRONCO
09-17-2012, 05:30 PM
Houston is a must win, all home games are must win. Road games, especially week 2, aren't.

In reality it is true

I'd like to see Denver beat a high powered offense on the road more often.

Kid A
09-17-2012, 05:30 PM
Yeah for AFC no doubt but, we also need to show we can beat good to great teams on the road. Denver has been blow out by high powered offenses of late that needs to stop if we want to reach and win a SB.

Ok, I agree that we need to prove we can hang with high powered offenses like Atlanta and New England. But it's also a high scoring league where even top teams can get 40 hung on them in an off week. Would like to see progress, but this is not the be all end all chance to redeem last year's flaws.

manchambo
09-17-2012, 05:42 PM
Do you have any idea what "must win" means? This is about as un must win as a game can be. It's an "it would be nice to win" game.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-17-2012, 05:43 PM
Road games are not must wins. Full stop.

If this game were at home, you'd have a point. New England lost a must win yesterday.

As for your "what if we lose to HOU," I didn't realize we'd gone to a 3 game season.

UberBroncoMan
09-17-2012, 07:36 PM
LOL must win

Goes a long way to a successful season, but far from must win

Agreed.

This is an NFC team and it's away. Losing to them has the least amount of impact for our team in terms of playoffs.

We're going to lose games this year and this is one that I saw as 50/50. Atlanta is freakishly good at home with Matt as their QB.

On top of that our team is still getting used to Manning and vice versa. Crowd noise will have a much larger impact for our offense to start the season as it will have later in the year.

bpc
09-17-2012, 08:18 PM
Not a must win on the road at an NFC team. Doubt anybody in this division beats the Falcons in season.

spdirty
09-17-2012, 09:09 PM
So is our season completely ****ed now that we didn't win the "must win?"

Broncos_OTM
09-17-2012, 09:13 PM
empire orange aren't you the one who always predicts **** but is never right.... oh yea that's you

Rolandftw
09-17-2012, 09:16 PM
It wasn't a must win. Atlanta's 26-6 at home the last four years... very tough to win at. One stop and we would have had our shot.

I do think we need to get either Houston or @San Diego though. A 3-3 or 4-2 start isn't a disaster for us

SonOfLe-loLang
09-17-2012, 09:20 PM
So is our season completely ****ed now that we didn't win the "must win?"

Yep! Pack it up, its over

cmhargrove
09-17-2012, 09:57 PM

Oh and insider sources tell me that Mr. Elway is working on a trade that could make Broncos one dangerous running team or should I say screen team. Stay tuned.

Your "insider" posts and "inside" communication s have proven to be absolutely worthless. Just find another hobby, your secret insider info just sucks dick.

Broncos4tw
09-17-2012, 10:07 PM
Must win? Are you joking? :saywhat:

A must win isn't week 2.. ever. EVER. And it's not week 2 against an NFC opponent.. at THEIR HOME.. on MONDAY NIGHT. What a laugh.

Must win is week 12 against an AFC opponent we are neck-and-neck with. Get real. We lost.. hardly end of the world. I'll be happy with 15-1. Or even 12-4.. with losses to NFC teams.

Kaylore
09-17-2012, 10:27 PM
Great season, fellas. Let's get the draft talk started!

R8R H8R
09-17-2012, 10:37 PM
Great season, fellas. Let's get the draft talk started!

After analyzing the game tonight, I think we need these, in order:

QB
backup RB
S
#2 WR
Dt
Dt
Dt

Do you see it that way too Kaylore? :haw!:

Pick Six
09-17-2012, 10:38 PM
I guess we can't go 19-0, now...

maven
09-17-2012, 10:39 PM
It's not a must win against an NFC opponent this early in the season.

ol#7
09-18-2012, 01:55 AM
It's not a must win against an NFC opponent this early in the season.

Prepare for "The sky is falling" after the Houston game. The lumps this team is likely to take are all in the first part of the schedule. Wouldn't be shocked to be 3-3 or even 2-4 heading into the bye (SD on the road is a pretty big game). The thing is, they are posed to reel off a string of wins after the bye, the schedule really sets the team up for a run at that point.

Archer81
09-18-2012, 02:01 AM
Week 3 is a must win?

We started 1-4 last year and made the playoffs. If we are 1-4 this season then I will worry about must-wins.

Geezus...

:Broncos: