PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels and the Pats had a hell of a day against the Cardinals

LetsGoBroncos
09-16-2012, 06:53 PM
Ha

canadianbroncosfan
09-16-2012, 06:59 PM
In before Crabs Chowda post.......oh wait he's a weiner troll who wouldn't come around after a loss, especially after a loss to Kevin Kolb

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-16-2012, 07:05 PM
Chowdah won't be around. Nice to see Mcdaniels lose yet again. Patriots are the most overrated team in the league. Cowboys are close but patriots can't beat anyone good. They didn't even beat anyone with a winning record last year except ravens in the champ game. They get an easy schedule every year. This year they will struggle even against crap teams

spdirty
09-16-2012, 07:17 PM
Love it every time McScandals ruins an offense of a team not named the Broncos.

HAT
09-16-2012, 07:23 PM
I think half of my 40 man survivor pool had NE today.....I switched to NYG at the last minute.

:thumbsup:

Pick Six
09-16-2012, 07:28 PM
I loved Robert Kraft's face. "We lost to the CARDINALS!??"

pricejj
09-16-2012, 07:42 PM
The McFailBoat strikes again. Brady was sacked 4 times, rushing game was below average (Brian Waters absence is huge), Edelman started over Welker. BLoyd had some drops (as per usual).

Yes Belichick, keep starting Edelman over Welker, because you are so smart, and you really are teaching Welker a lesson.

Here's hoping the Pats get manhandled by the Ratbirds in Baltimore next weekend.

That One Guy
09-16-2012, 07:46 PM
I think half of my 40 man survivor pool had NE today.....I switched to NYG at the last minute.

:thumbsup:

You got lucky. If not for the Bucs getting robbed at the very end, you might've been there with them.

Let's not forget they were a shanked FG away from winning a game they had no business winning through most of it. I, personally, find that when you have a team that flounders for most of a game but suddenly comes alive, it's merely a coaching issue. Coaching issues are the easiest to resolve.

Fun to laugh at the Pats but if anyone wants to give me 3-1 or higher odds in any game that Pats play, I'm pretty sure I'd take you up on it.

TheReverend
09-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Petersons gonna Peterson

KipCorrington25
09-16-2012, 08:17 PM
They need a better video guy apparently.

nyuk nyuk
09-16-2012, 08:20 PM
Chowdah won't be around. Nice to see Mcdaniels lose yet again. Patriots are the most overrated team in the league.

I gotta agree. Every time a Polaroids fan tries to get uppity, I remind them they haven't won squat since they were busted filming.

The Joker
09-16-2012, 08:23 PM
Petersons gonna Peterson

Would you still take him over Miller knowing what we know now?

The Joker
09-16-2012, 08:25 PM
Looking back at the top of that draft, the first seven picks.

Cam
Von
Dares
AJ Green
Peterson
Julie Jones
Aldon Smith

Was gonna be hard to miss on an early pick there!

That One Guy
09-16-2012, 08:25 PM

You know even if he changed his mind, the Rev ego would never admit to such a thing. Can't say I'd blame him, however, as he'd be trolled until his dying days if he changed his stance at this point.

Agamemnon
09-16-2012, 08:26 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem like McD is ruining what was a very good offense last year?

That One Guy
09-16-2012, 08:26 PM

Cam
Von
Dares
AJ Green
Peterson
Julie Jones
Aldon Smith

I can definitely think of worse top sevens to be picking in.

That One Guy
09-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem like McD is ruining what was a very good offense last year?

I have a feeling Brady's OC only slightly runs the offense more than Peyton's OC does. The QBs are the driving mechanisms in that success as much as the coaching is.

Agamemnon
09-16-2012, 08:30 PM
I have a feeling Brady's OC only slightly runs the offense more than Peyton's OC does. The QBs are the driving mechanisms in that success as much as the coaching is.

So then why does it look so much worse than last year?

TheReverend
09-16-2012, 08:48 PM

Knowing we would get Porter for no compensation? No

Outside of circumstance? Yes

Jetland
09-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Knowing we would get Porter for no compensation? No

Outside of circumstance? Yes

trolling or a case of the bends are the only reasons for that answer

TheReverend
09-16-2012, 08:52 PM

k

errand
So then why does it look so much worse than last year?

Brady was under a lot more pressure this week.....

broncosteven

Nope not just you.

I do think that Belly has been missing in his drafts more and more the last couple years and they are thin now on the DL and at LB, hell even their secondary is not as good as it has been.

Their OL is thin, did Waters ever call in to quit? they have no real RB, Hernandez got hurt in the game, Gronk is dumb, and Brady is getting pressured.

To top all that they have an OC who won't bend to the talent of his players and it is catching up.

I am guessing that mCd's next job will be as an assistant at Canton High.

Agamemnon
09-16-2012, 08:59 PM

Patrick Peterson is quickly becoming a monster at corner, so I'm not sure how that response could be considered trolling.

TheReverend
09-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Patrick Peterson is quickly becoming a monster at corner, so I'm not sure how that response could be considered trolling.

You forgot the NFL PR record holder.

LongDongJohnson
09-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Hopefully our defense can do the same to the patriots. Then we will win for sure. And hopefully we can shut down mcfadden like miami and san diego. I fear the pats putting 40 on us and mcfadden tearing us a new a-hole like usual.

lonestar
09-16-2012, 10:01 PM

If you really look at what is happening there you will see the OL is in the toilet..
Not sure how that is his fault..

That One Guy
09-16-2012, 10:05 PM
If you really look at what is happening there you will see the OL is in the toilet..

To those asking the difference, ^this is it. OL plain and simple. What'd they lose, 2 or 3 guys after the draft? If Waters even told them he was leaving, they never made that public.

lonestar
09-16-2012, 10:08 PM
To those asking the difference, ^this is it. OL plain and simple. What'd they lose, 2 or 3 guys after the draft? If Waters even told them he was leaving, they never made that public.

I have always said you win and lose most games at the LOS..

IF either LINE is crappy chances are your going to lose most of your games, and almost all of those in the post season..

Rarely will you win games unless your team can win the LOS game..

Tombstone RJ
09-16-2012, 11:15 PM

IF either LINE is crappy chances are your going to lose most of your games, and almost all of those in the post season..

you're a friggen genius! Did you come up with this all by youself? :notworthy

Tombstone RJ
09-16-2012, 11:17 PM
meh, the NFL will insure the pats win via a cakewalk schedule. This way we can be sure to see Sir Robert Kraft and his pink tie in all their glory, week after week.

I really dislike the cheatriots.

mkporter
09-17-2012, 01:54 AM
meh, the NFL will insure the pats win via a cakewalk schedule. This way we can be sure to see Sir Robert Kraft and his pink tie in all their glory, week after week.

You realize the schedule is set by formula, right?

Bacchus
09-17-2012, 04:44 AM
Too bad a mod moved the Crumbling Empire thread to the butt.

Rock Chalk
09-17-2012, 06:05 AM
The McFailBoat strikes again. Brady was sacked 4 times, rushing game was below average (Brian Waters absence is huge), Edelman started over Welker. BLoyd had some drops (as per usual).

Yes Belichick, keep starting Edelman over Welker, because you are so smart, and you really are teaching Welker a lesson.

Here's hoping the Pats get manhandled by the Ratbirds in Baltimore next weekend.

Not to defend the Patriots but Edelman may have started but Welker had more yards. Both had the same number of catches, Welker almost doubled the yards though. Not really sure what the deal is about him no starting but who really cares?

Lloyd is who he is, and I believe the Patriots know what he is.

spdirty
09-17-2012, 07:57 AM

Cam
Von
Dares
AJ Green
Peterson
Julie Jones
Aldon Smith

If McScandals were running that draft, Miller probably wouldn't even be on his draft board. The pick would likely be either Gabbert, Jon Baldwin, or Mark Ingram.

pricejj
09-17-2012, 08:13 AM
Lloyd is who he is, and I believe the Patriots know what he is.

Lloyd doesn't have the speed to get over the top. He and Orton had years to perfect the underthrow in both Chicago and Denver. The weakness of the Patriots remains the fact that they have no one to stretch the Defense...couple that with a crappy OL and McDaniel's running game, you are left with their current product.

I think their Defense will be good against the run, but I still believe their lack of pass rush, and sub-par secondary hurts them against the NFL's best Offenses. We shall see.

TheReverend
09-17-2012, 08:13 AM
You know even if he changed his mind, the Rev ego would never admit to such a thing. Can't say I'd blame him, however, as he'd be trolled until his dying days if he changed his stance at this point.

Sorry just saw this, and certainly not. I happily admit when I'm wrong and always rep the poster who corrected me, it's just pretty damn rare.

Sick of arguing about this people take it as a knock on Miller who, along with Champ and Elvis, are my favorite defensive Broncos.

But the fact remains, Peterson was the superior football prospect and so far, the superior pro. In b4 people freak the **** out... again.

Miller > Peterson in terms of PERSONAL defensive impact last season

But you have to consider the following:

- NFL record PRs

- Miller being benched several times for large gaffs vs the run (including more than one LONG TD runs).

- How ****ty our LBs look vs the pass since we're always blitzing at least 1/3 of them

- How opposing teams favor running OT to the right through his lanes.

We see it again this past week... people are going to scream over Von's 2 sacks that made quite literally NO impact in the game (Also, FYI, Ben is hands down the most sacked QB in the NFL since he came in... and was #3 last season as well), meanwhile Peterson picked off Brady and iced the game.

I get that it's unpopular because we're Bronco fans, but removing that emotion, out of TWO great players that are still only getting better, I'd take the one doing a lot more for his football team.

Eldorado
09-17-2012, 09:37 AM
Sorry just saw this, and certainly not. I happily admit when I'm wrong and always rep the poster who corrected me, it's just pretty damn rare.

Sick of arguing about this people take it as a knock on Miller who, along with Champ and Elvis, are my favorite defensive Broncos.

But the fact remains, Peterson was the superior football prospect and so far, the superior pro. In b4 people freak the **** out... again.

Miller > Peterson in terms of PERSONAL defensive impact last season

But you have to consider the following:

- NFL record PRs

- Miller being benched several times for large gaffs vs the run (including more than one LONG TD runs).

- How ****ty our LBs look vs the pass since we're always blitzing at least 1/3 of them

- How opposing teams favor running OT to the right through his lanes.

We see it again this past week... people are going to scream over Von's 2 sacks that made quite literally NO impact in the game (Also, FYI, Ben is hands down the most sacked QB in the NFL since he came in... and was #3 last season as well), meanwhile Peterson picked off Brady and iced the game.

I get that it's unpopular because we're Bronco fans, but removing that emotion, out of TWO great players that are still only getting better, I'd take the one doing a lot more for his football team.

*gaffe

Jesus, haven't you published a book or something?

Tombstone RJ
09-17-2012, 09:39 AM
You realize the schedule is set by formula, right?

yah, the "make it easy for the pats" formula. Got it, thanks. :thumbsup:

TheReverend
09-17-2012, 09:42 AM
*gaffe

Jesus, haven't you published a book or something?

No. I lied about that to try and seem cool to strangers on the internet.

Chris
09-17-2012, 09:44 AM

http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2009/11/13/129026110626451804.jpg

TheReverend
09-17-2012, 09:46 AM
http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2009/11/13/129026110626451804.jpg

I thoroughly enjoy that photo. Going to have to steal this one. Repped in exchange.

Eldorado
09-17-2012, 09:50 AM
No. I lied about that to try and seem cool to strangers on the internet.

You better rep me for correcting you. Wouldn't want the OM police to be able to call you a liar.

Tombstone RJ
09-17-2012, 09:53 AM
You better let me blow you for being a the suck up that I am. Wouldn't want the OM police to be able to call you a liar.

fixed

TheReverend
09-17-2012, 09:55 AM
You better rep me for correcting you. Wouldn't want the OM police to be able to call you a liar.

Lold

fixed

Don't be mad that you don't even know how NFL scheduling works.

gyldenlove
09-17-2012, 09:56 AM
Regardless of anything else, it appears we may have caught a break on Hernandez being injured in that game, he could miss several weeks with that bum foot which would take him out of the game against us.

Tombstone RJ
09-17-2012, 09:58 AM
Lold

Don't be mad that you don't even know how NFL scheduling works.

I know about the "formula" cause I pretty much told people on the Omane about it. Go ahead, research it. Then suck on it.

TheReverend
09-17-2012, 10:01 AM
I know about the "formula" cause I pretty much told people on the Omane about it. Go ahead, research it. Then suck on it.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you don't...

I mean... never mind that the schedule is:

6 division games
8 games vs 2 rotating divisions
2 games vs inner conference opponents based on last seasons div ranking

Clearly you know what you're talking about and aren't the idiot you make yourself out to be.

cmhargrove
09-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Chowdah won't be around. Nice to see Mcdaniels lose yet again. Patriots are the most overrated team in the league. Cowboys are close but patriots can't beat anyone good. They didn't even beat anyone with a winning record last year except ravens in the champ game. They get an easy schedule every year. This year they will struggle even against crap teams

Maybe someone should PM Chowdah and invite him back for a lttle chat?

Tombstone RJ
09-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you don't...

I mean... never mind that the schedule is:

6 division games
8 games vs 2 rotating divisions
2 games vs inner conference opponents based on last seasons div ranking

Clearly you know what you're talking about and aren't the idiot you make yourself out to be.

do some real research, like use the search engine. I know about the formula. My comment about the pats was in jest and in light that I can't stand them.

but whatever.

Eldorado
09-17-2012, 10:06 AM
fixed

Just did a quick search on your posts to see if I could figure out where you stood on the peterson/miller thingy and all I found was 15 pages of retard vomit. 17k posts and counting! Keep on champ!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1f/YOU'RE_WINNER_trophy.jpg

Tombstone RJ
09-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Just did a quick search on your posts to see if I could figure out where you stood on the peterson/miller thingy and all I found was 15 pages of retard vomit. 17k posts and counting! Keep on champ!

and it's all for you!

Eldorado
09-17-2012, 10:15 AM
do some real research, like use the search engine. I know about the formula. My comment about the pats was in jest and in light that I can't stand them.

but whatever.

lulz.
"I was joking when I said something that was wrong."

Hard to argue with that logic.

Kaylore
09-17-2012, 10:18 AM

A winner is you!

capt. Jack
09-17-2012, 10:21 AM
Tombstone could be right, they could switch stuff around for better ratings etc., etc.!

TheReverend
09-17-2012, 10:39 AM

but whatever.

Hilarious "joke"...

cutthemdown
09-17-2012, 10:40 AM
The way they lost was great. They had been beaten fair and square then Cardinals fumble it back to them LOL!. Ryan Williams? how can you not have 2 hands on the ball in that situation?

So Pats take the gift and figure the FG is just a formality. Wow that was an ugly kick. It looked like he aimed it left. It wasn't even a hook really.

The look on Krafts face was awesome.

The Pats oline is not good. When that is the case any team can be beaten.

TheReverend
09-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Tombstone could be right, they could switch stuff around for better ratings etc., etc.!

The NFL just moved the Chiefs into the AFC E!

capt. Jack
09-17-2012, 10:47 AM

That's awesome!! :)

cutthemdown
09-17-2012, 11:05 AM

We should have kept Seattle.

bronco militia
09-17-2012, 11:11 AM

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/303580/01152009pioli600_large.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/-KJXPnWsmIhA/TONn6EeXG8I/AAAAAAAAAPE/WrHMjfrtH6w/Belichick%252520-%252520Let%252527s%252520Party.jpg

Beantown Bronco
09-17-2012, 11:12 AM
So Pats take the gift and figure the FG is just a formality. Wow that was an ugly kick. It looked like he aimed it left. It wasn't even a hook really.

Gostkowski showed what a choker he really is. That was his first career attempt at a game winning kick and he blew it.

One of the best over the past few years when there's no pressure, but he's no Prater in clutch time.

DivineLegion
09-17-2012, 11:12 AM
The way they lost was great. They had been beaten fair and square then Cardinals fumble it back to them LOL!. Ryan Williams? how can you not have 2 hands on the ball in that situation?

The look on Krafts face was awesome.

The Pats oline is not good. When that is the case any team can be beaten.

Icing on the cake was Adam Vinateri kicking a game winning 53 yarder at the exact same time.

Eldorado
09-17-2012, 11:18 AM
Holy ****. Gunns fvkin hates therev! And she's a homophobe. Who knew.

Miss I.
09-17-2012, 11:43 AM
Holy ****. Gunns fvkin hates therev! And she's a homophobe. Who knew.

What the hell are you talking about. I know she doesn't like Rev and she isn't hiding that, but I don't know where the hell you are getting the second part.

At any rate, going back to the thread topic. It was funny to see the Pats fans put all the blame on the kicker's whose name I cannot pronounce (seriously Prater is better alone for having an easy name to pronounce, and my true love will always be Elam, great name, great guy). If they want to be pissed, how about spreading the love to the Special teams players who were overwhelmed by the Cards who got a touchdown off a blocked punt. Or perhaps their coach who in previous interviews mentioned how good Arizona's special teams defense is, but then failed to have his team prepared for it? But the fact is, the lead was never insurmountable. Had the offense put up any kind of points this conversation would be moot. Most of the points the Pats did get were there courtesy of their kicker. Yes, he hosed it on the last one, but who failed on the punt or on converting drives to TDs? If the game is decided by the kicker then the whole team might want to take a good hard look at how they are playing.

Or maybe it might be that Arizona really did play better than they did and didn't underestimate their opponent. NE walked in assuming they'd win and got sloppy. They didn't deserve to win.

gyldenlove
09-17-2012, 11:53 AM
What the hell are you talking about. I know she doesn't like Rev and she isn't hiding that, but I don't know where the hell you are getting the second part.

At any rate, going back to the thread topic. It was funny to see the Pats fans put all the blame on the kicker's whose name I cannot pronounce (seriously Prater is better alone for having an easy name to pronounce, and my true love will always be Elam, great name, great guy). If they want to be pissed, how about spreading the love to the Special teams players who were overwhelmed by the Cards who got a touchdown off a blocked punt. Or perhaps their coach who in previous interviews mentioned how good Arizona's special teams defense is, but then failed to have his team prepared for it? But the fact is, the lead was never insurmountable. Had the offense put up any kind of points this conversation would be moot. Most of the points the Pats did get were there courtesy of their kicker. Yes, he hosed it on the last one, but who failed on the punt or on converting drives to TDs? If the game is decided by the kicker then the whole team might want to take a good hard look at how they are playing.

Or maybe it might be that Arizona really did play better than they did and didn't underestimate their opponent. NE walked in assuming they'd win and got sloppy. They didn't deserve to win.

I wholeheartedly agree, if the game comes down to a long FG, or a blown call by a referee or a single fumble or dropped pass then you failed as a team to win the game comprehensively.

A good team has never beaten a bad team on a single play.

Eldorado
09-17-2012, 01:01 PM

Its in rep she sent me. Classy one, that girl.

Rock Chalk
09-17-2012, 01:25 PM
Eldorado, I havent seen anyone blow anyone like you have blown rev in this thread since, well since Taco blew Peyton Manning in the Peyton Manning is Awesome thread.

Well done sir.

Eldorado
09-17-2012, 01:36 PM
Eldorado, I havent seen anyone blow anyone like you have blown rev in this thread since, well since Taco blew Peyton Manning in the Peyton Manning is Awesome thread.

Well done sir.

:rollseyes:

chickennob2
09-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Honest question:

If you're Arizona, why the hell do you run three back-to-back running plays from a heavy formation where you're obviously not going to pick up enough yards for the first down? At the time this play happened, it's 3rd and 13 with 1:10 left in the game. New England had no timeouts left.

You can:
1. Take a knee. Run off 1 to 2 seconds on the play, 40 between downs, punt with 28 - 30 seconds left.
2. Run a play. Run off 3 to 8 seconds on the play, 40 between downs, punt with 22 - 27 seconds left. Risk a turnover.

Are the, at best, 5 seconds extra you run off the clock and the minuscule chance of picking up a first down really worth the risk of a fumble against a team that is stacked to defend the run and doing everything in their power to strip the ball?

To note: at the point when Ryan Williams was contacted (and should have been tackled if he hadn't last the ball), there was 1:06 left on the clock. That's a four second run off.

mkporter
09-17-2012, 04:37 PM

The first sack was pretty sweet, though, right? Even if meaningless. I'm going to scream about the 3-4 running plays he single handedly blew up, in addition to taking a double team most of the game. And he was way into that band before Peterson was.

broncosteven
09-17-2012, 04:48 PM

Can't blame it all on their OL. Their D has been sucking also and they don't play OL, their coaches could call more screens or chip block to help their OL and they didn't so you could say that Belly looks like a genius when he has guys with talent and just average when he fields a team with avg talent.

One could argue he was out coached in the SB for the 2nd time also. No reason they shouldn't have been able to tear the Gints a new A hole throwing to Hernandez and even an injured Gronk. Belly played the SB not to lose and ended up losing.

He brings back mCd to run his O and then Gronk suddenly becomes a non-factor and they piss off Welker.

I wonder if Welker isn't run out of town by mCd before the trade deadline.

cutthemdown
09-17-2012, 05:57 PM
Icing on the cake was Adam Vinateri kicking a game winning 53 yarder at the exact same time.

wow you take your hate even to deeper levels then I do.

TheReverend
09-17-2012, 06:26 PM
The first sack was pretty sweet, though, right? Even if meaningless. I'm going to scream about the 3-4 running plays he single handedly blew up, in addition to taking a double team most of the game. And he was way into that band before Peterson was.

They're WAY sweet. All of them.

ClamChowdah
09-17-2012, 07:12 PM
3 picks !Booya!

This is karma for this thread ;D