PDA

View Full Version : 2012-2013 General NHL Hockey Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

SoCalBronco
06-01-2013, 08:28 PM
Ok, that's it.

This game was lost in the first minute of play when Kunitz flubbed a prime chance. And they then flubbed like 19 other prime chances.

BOS leads 1-0.

Again, another 2 inexplicable missed chances. We've scored 6 ****ing goals in this game. Ridiculous.

gyldenlove
06-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Cooke needs to be gone for the rest of the playoffs

Ray Finkle
06-01-2013, 08:39 PM
Cooke needs to be gone for the rest of the playoffs

Pens don't get suspended, slew foots, boarding, and BJ's on the bench go unnoticed.

:)

DivineLegion
06-01-2013, 08:39 PM
At least we got to see Malkin beat the **** out of Bergeron.

24champ
06-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Ok, that's it.

This game was lost in the first minute of play when Kunitz flubbed a prime chance. And they then flubbed like 19 other prime chances.

BOS leads 1-0.

Again, another 2 inexplicable missed chances. We've scored 6 ****ing goals in this game. Ridiculous.

Pens got raped on faceoffs, allowed the B's to not chase your team around. That was key IMO.

SoCalBronco
06-01-2013, 08:49 PM
Pens got raped on faceoffs, allowed the B's to not chase your team around. That was key IMO.

They did lose the face off battle which was not surprising and Rask played well, but they truly could have scored a TON of goals tonight despite both of those things. It just didn't go in......I haven't seen this many near misses in a long time.

I'm happy with the effort except for the third period. Play the same way in Game 2 and hope to get the breaks.

Beantown Bronco
06-01-2013, 08:54 PM
At least we got to see Malkin beat the **** out of Bergeron.

Yup, managed to land a whole one punch on a guy with one career fight on his resume.

Scoreboard.

Beantown Bronco
06-01-2013, 08:55 PM
When will teams learn? You don't want to poke the bear. This is when we play our best.

I don't want to say "I told you so", but.....

SoCalBronco
06-01-2013, 08:57 PM
I don't want to say "I told you so", but.....

You played a good third period in response to that...but I was happy with our effort. Most nights it would result in a 5-3 win. It didn't tonight and you won. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

Lestat
06-01-2013, 09:23 PM
that was a straight up ass kicking by the B's.

Baba Booey
06-01-2013, 11:03 PM
Crosby cross-checking Rask? Really?

Lestat
06-01-2013, 11:20 PM
Crosby cross-checking Rask? Really?

is this somehow shocking? Crosby is a bit of a punk. only Pit fans excuse some of his doucheness.

SoCalBronco
06-01-2013, 11:26 PM
is this somehow shocking? Crosby is a bit of a punk. only Pit fans excuse some of his doucheness.

Lol. I didn't have a problem with it. Rask was giving him some business and Sid was frustrated because they had Boston on their heels for most of the two periods yet had absolutely nothing to show for it. It's frustration and for anyone who actually cares and doesn't view this as purely a mercenary business they will occasionally boil over when the score isn't reflecting reality.

Lestat
06-01-2013, 11:28 PM
Lol. I didn't have a problem with it. Rask was giving him some business and Sid was frustrated because they had Boston on their heels for most of the two periods yet had absolutely nothing to show for it. It's frustration and for anyone who actually cares and doesn't view this as purely a mercenary business they will occasionally boil over when the game isn't reflecting reality.

but come on man, a goalie? i could understand if it was like Toews when he went bat **** crazy on the forwards of Det cause they were holding him like crazy. but lashing out at the goalie who straight up bitch slapped your team? Hilarious!

DivineLegion
06-02-2013, 12:46 AM
Yup, managed to land a whole one punch on a guy with one career fight on his resume.

Scoreboard.

His twisted French Canadian nose told another story.

24champ
06-02-2013, 01:29 AM
Lol. I didn't have a problem with it. Rask was giving him some business and Sid was frustrated because they had Boston on their heels for most of the two periods yet had absolutely nothing to show for it. It's frustration and for anyone who actually cares and doesn't view this as purely a mercenary business they will occasionally boil over when the score isn't reflecting reality.

Frustration at that point of the game? I don't know about that...I think it's a lack of discipline. Dan Bylsma needs to get his guys under control because the Bruins talking trash and doing extracurricular activity between plays is designed to get the Pens off their game, and it worked.

chadta
06-02-2013, 06:13 AM
Lol. I didn't have a problem with it.

shocking, but I bet you would have been some upset if lucic came over and started laying the boots to cindy for touching the goalie right ?

Frustration at that point of the game? I don't know about that...I think it's a lack of discipline. Dan Bylsma needs to get his guys under control because the Bruins talking trash and doing extracurricular activity between plays is designed to get the Pens off their game, and it worked.

Exactly, I thought I was watching last years flyers pens series, if fleury was in net it would have been 5 or 6 nothing. When Malkenstein gets up and goes to chase after a guy to make a hit, instead of trying to do something with the puck, you know hes coming unglued. LOL

Beantown Bronco
06-02-2013, 06:26 AM
It's frustration and for anyone who actually cares and doesn't view this as purely a mercenary business they will occasionally boil over when the score isn't reflecting reality.

Why do you keep insisting that the Pens were the only ones that didn't capitalize on scoring chances? The B's hit two posts and had at least two unforced errors on a 2 on 0 breakaway and another 3 on 1, yet you keep ignoring those and focus only on Pittsburgh's blown chances. It very easily could've been 6 or 7 to 0.

A post is a post. It happened both ways. Aside from the holy roller there at the end of the period, Rask made his own luck. He was ridiculous last night. And the B's defense was at the top of their game. Outside of the first half of the opening period, the B's either held serve or dominated. The final score reflected reality as much as any other score usually does.

Beantown Bronco
06-02-2013, 06:27 AM
His twisted French Canadian nose told another story.

You're right. One punch clearly could never do any damage.

Beantown Bronco
06-02-2013, 06:36 AM
Lol. I didn't have a problem with it. Rask was giving him some business and Sid was frustrated

Not to nitpick, but it's pretty clear Sid started it to try to get in Rask's head. Sid never even faced him until after the physical exchange that HE started with the elbow, so it's obvious there were no words that caused the frustration. Even the Pittsburgh announcers knew what he was trying to do.

And then he very clearly started with Chara who wasn't even facing him or talking to him, after he made sure there was ample referee support around him of course. And then there was the slash to Seguin that he thought he'd get away with, but didn't, then complained about for 2 minutes and somehow didn't get a misconduct.

He's a worse instigator than Marchand, if that's possible.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/22338916/video-evgeni-malkin-and-patrice-bergeron-fight

This is not how you want to play Boston. It plays right into our hands. If they continue to get frustrated like this and let it get physical, they literally stand no chance in this series.

RedskinBronco
06-02-2013, 11:15 AM
Lol...the Bruins got under Geno's skin.

Shocker. He always lets that happen.

Just turning into an all out brawl. Fun series.

At least I won't have RedskinBronco claiming the refs favor us anymore since Marchand didn't get the same 5 minutes Cooke got.

It's all a set up given Crosby complained postgame ;)

You see, they need to create drama/attention for the series. Keep an eye on the PP discrepancy as the series goes on...same thing happened in the caps/rangers series.

btw, Pierre favors everything pens. Come on now, you know that

RedskinBronco
06-02-2013, 11:20 AM
It's not the infractions on the opponent that's the issue in most of these games; it's the non-calls against the "favored" teams.

In other words, it's not the penalties against Boston that's the issue, it's the amount of non-calls on the pens and this will widen as the series goes on and that will be your huge PP discrepancy. It's funny to hear Crosby bitch about officiating, considering no one is allowed to hit him per league mandate.

Kudos to Boston though, they are implementing the Flyers plan from last spring. Now we will see if Bettman comes in to save the day. Last spring, even he couldn't help the pens spotty defense and ****ty goaltending

24champ
06-02-2013, 11:53 AM
Why do you keep insisting that the Pens were the only ones that didn't capitalize on scoring chances? The B's hit two posts and had at least two unforced errors on a 2 on 0 breakaway and another 3 on 1, yet you keep ignoring those and focus only on Pittsburgh's blown chances. It very easily could've been 6 or 7 to 0.

A post is a post. It happened both ways. Aside from the holy roller there at the end of the period, Rask made his own luck. He was ridiculous last night. And the B's defense was at the top of their game. Outside of the first half of the opening period, the B's either held serve or dominated. The final score reflected reality as much as any other score usually does.

"A quarter of an inch this way and it would have gone in. ... Yeah, but a quarter inch the other way and you'd have missed completely. "

http://www.iamnotastalker.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/ScreenShot4510.jpg

Lestat
06-02-2013, 12:01 PM
"A quarter of an inch this way and it would have gone in. ... Yeah, but a quarter inch the other way and you'd have missed completely. "

http://www.iamnotastalker.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/ScreenShot4510.jpg

rep!

SoCalBronco
06-02-2013, 12:24 PM
Not to nitpick, but it's pretty clear Sid started it to try to get in Rask's head. Sid never even faced him until after the physical exchange that HE started with the elbow, so it's obvious there were no words that caused the frustration. Even the Pittsburgh announcers knew what he was trying to do.

And then he very clearly started with Chara who wasn't even facing him or talking to him, after he made sure there was ample referee support around him of course. And then there was the slash to Seguin that he thought he'd get away with, but didn't, then complained about for 2 minutes and somehow didn't get a misconduct.

He's a worse instigator than Marchand, if that's possible.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/22338916/video-evgeni-malkin-and-patrice-bergeron-fight

This is not how you want to play Boston. It plays right into our hands. If they continue to get frustrated like this and let it get physical, they literally stand no chance in this series.

Yeah I was taking your post and your points very seriously until I got to the he's a worse instigator than Marchand part. If you really believe that then there is nothing to discuss.

DivineLegion
06-02-2013, 12:37 PM
You're right. One punch clearly could never do any damage.

It often only takes one with the French...

I surrender!

24champ
06-02-2013, 02:14 PM
rep!

Interestingly enough, Gordon Bombay and SoCal have a lot in common. ( Bombay's DUI mishap aside).

SoCalBronco
06-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Interestingly enough, Gordon Bombay and SoCal have a lot in common. ( Bombay's DUI mishap aside).

Lol...such as?

I'm pretty sure I never coached a kids hockey team.

24champ
06-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Lol...such as?

You are both lawyers, live and breathe hockey, can't stand losing, complain about the puck going off the post etc.

SoCalBronco
06-02-2013, 02:34 PM
You are both lawyers, live and breathe hockey, can't stand losing, complain about the puck going off the post etc.

I'm prolly more unstable than him. Lol

24champ
06-02-2013, 02:35 PM
I'm pretty sure I never coached a kids hockey team.

Lets say you did, you'd treat them like **** like Gordon did in the first game, and then teach them (As Bombay did) to draw penalties the Penguin way....by diving. :)

SoCalBronco
06-02-2013, 02:38 PM
Dive, son....dive.

We can't hang 5 on 5 so we will need a little more juice to score.

I'll show you the right way to do it and scream at the same time to sell it.

(blows whistle)

Again.

gyldenlove
06-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Nice going LA, way to show up.

SoCalBronco
06-02-2013, 07:25 PM

You can't really hold it against the Kings. Chicago is clearly the best team. LA has alot of heart and the best goalie but I think this was inevitable. Now that they got past their scare, they are going to go the distance.it depresses me but its true. And I'd rather lose in the ECF than the Final. It's like losing in the Super Bowl...it feels horrible.

OrangeSe7en
06-02-2013, 07:27 PM
LA will need to win both at home. With how things have gone, it seems really unlikely theyll win 3 in a row.

gyldenlove
06-02-2013, 07:29 PM
You can't really hold it against the Kings. Chicago is clearly the best team. LA has alot of heart and the best goalie but I think this was inevitable. Now that they got past their scare, they are going to go the distance.

The Red Wings showed the league how to beat the Hawks, a team with more talent - which the Kings should have, should be able to follow that blueprint.

Kid A
06-02-2013, 07:35 PM
Wow. Quick chased out of net in 30 minutes.

24champ
06-02-2013, 07:35 PM

This is a much better effort than game one. Plus Mike Richards is out, a huge hole for the kings to fill.

Shots are going the hawks way, and clearly are better than the Kings. We'll see what happens in game 3.

24champ
06-02-2013, 07:42 PM
The Red Wings showed the league how to beat the Hawks, a team with more talent - which the Kings should have, should be able to follow that blueprint.

Ah yes, the blow a 3-1 series blueprint.

SoCalBronco
06-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Lol

gyldenlove
06-02-2013, 07:47 PM
Ah yes, the blow a 3-1 series blueprint.

The winning part of the formula.

RedskinBronco
06-02-2013, 08:55 PM
LA looks tired and playing STL and then SJ will do that to you.

Series isn't over until they lose in LA but they definitely need to find their 2nd wind after 2 tough series. I expected Chicago to find their game eventually.

Kings will push back in LA but Chicago is just too skilled for a tired team. Looks like it will end in 5 or 6.

RedskinBronco
06-02-2013, 08:57 PM
Blackhawks just underachieved against the wings.

I would take LA over the hawks in a 1st round series matchup, but in the 3rd round, Chicago has too much IMO

24champ
06-02-2013, 11:39 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/1a8fd7df1fd5dce7932b4feea621b997/tumblr_mnsvyvrnMN1qg71cno1_400.gif

Beantown Bronco
06-03-2013, 09:08 AM
http://i.imgur.com/vPyW03m.jpg

55CrushEm
06-03-2013, 11:54 AM
http://i.imgur.com/vPyW03m.jpg

LOL

It would go something like this......

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mEqniEvNcnk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

canadianbroncosfan
06-03-2013, 04:58 PM

get the refs to continually call back goals?

gyldenlove
06-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Bye bye Cindy Crosby, it was nice knowing you.

chadta
06-03-2013, 06:50 PM
forget the flyers buying out bryzaster, the pengals should buy out the flower LOL

Beantown Bronco
06-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Lovin this. Cooke too busy trying to trash talk Marchand and Marchy blows by him and scores his second of the period. Keep playing our game Pens.

When will the Pens learn?

DivineLegion
06-03-2013, 06:54 PM
Does anyone have SoCals contact info...

We might need to check up in him, this ones not going past 5.

24champ
06-03-2013, 07:18 PM
Jesus Christ, how embarrassing was that first period for the Pens?

SoCal is definitely throwing stuff around in his house. I'm gonna guess he's gonna need a new tv, and some new drywall...

Beantown Bronco
06-03-2013, 08:11 PM
CBC just put a stat:

Lucic/Krejci/Horton/Marchand/Bergeron 8 goals, 15 points PLUS 18

Crosby/Iginla/Malkin/Neal/Letang 0 goals, 0 Points Minus 16

24champ
06-03-2013, 08:15 PM
CBC just put a stat:

Lucic/Krejci/Horton/Marchand/Bergeron 8 goals, 15 points PLUS 18

Crosby/Iginla/Malkin/Neal/Letang 0 goals, 0 Points Minus 16

Your watching the CBC feed and not the NBCSN?

Beantown Bronco
06-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Your watching the CBC feed and not the NBCSN?

Nah. Technically got it from B's message board over at hf boards.

24champ
06-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Refs won't let em fight. C'mon!

SoCalBronco
06-03-2013, 08:23 PM
I'm glad I'm at work and not watching the game. Just saw the score on ESPN.com. Yeah....I'm not gonna watch the TiVo. We were 3-0 during the season against this team I'm not sure what happened.

Its OK....saves us from losing to Chicago in the Final. I didn't want to lose in the Final no matter what so thanks for saving us from that.

Props to Bean town and the Bruins.

OrangeSe7en
06-03-2013, 08:58 PM
I'm glad I'm at work and not watching the game. Just saw the score on ESPN.com. Yeah....I'm not gonna watch the TiVo. We were 3-0 during the season against this team I'm not sure what happened.

Its OK....saves us from losing to Chicago in the Final. I didn't want to lose in the Final no matter what so thanks for saving us from that.

Props to Bean town and the Bruins.

I know you're convinced that Chicago will win but it's far from settled. LA is the defending champions and they're tough at home. In theory, the Blackhawks should be able to get at least one there, since they've basically been far superior but sometimes home ice and pride can be an equalizer. If the Hawks get one in LA, then it will be hard to see it as anything but a fait accompli, but not until.

BroncosSR
06-03-2013, 09:03 PM
I know you're convinced that Chicago will win but it's far from settled. LA is the defending champions and they're tough at home. In theory, the Blackhawks should be able to get at least one there, since they've basically been far superior but sometimes home ice and pride can be an equalizer. If the Hawks get one in LA, then it will be hard to see it as anything but a fait accompli, but not until.

I'm not sure why anybody would want to play Boston right now. They are clicking on all cylinders.

OrangeSe7en
06-03-2013, 09:12 PM
I'm not sure why anybody would want to play Boston right now. They are clicking on all cylinders.

I don't know. Chicago looks really good...but, like I said, it's not a fait accompli yet. Boston is reminiscent of the Philly team that Chicago beat a few years ago.

OBF1
06-03-2013, 09:20 PM
I can see both series ending in 4 at this point.

SoCalBronco
06-03-2013, 09:40 PM
What truly bothers me....again...without watching the tape, is that we have done just enough for Bylsma to keep his job. I would rather go with Tippett but Dan and Shero are BFF.

They need a new HC and they need to address goaltender. Vokoun has been pretty solid in a pinch but they need to address the starter spot. I love the Flower but I think his confidence is shot. It's so bizarre how he was literally shutdown in Game 6 and esp Game 7 in the Final against Detroit to win the Cup but has just fell flat in the postseason after that. I think they will have to buyout his final two years to dramatically reduce the cap hit from 5m to 1.66 to free up some cash.

I don't think they need to sign all these FA defensemen because we actually have a bevy of good defensemen in the system coming up these next few years, not just puck movers either (Pouliot and Despres) they have some really good stay at home guys who can fit in starting next year since as Harrington and Dumoulin...and Maata in a year or two after that. I'd like to see Beau with the top two scoring lines the rest of this series.

Oh and Beantown I meant what I said. I truly thank you from the bottom of my heart from sparing us from getting owned in the Final. It's like losing in the SB...I can't take that. I'd rather not be there at all if its clear we cannot beat the likely opponent and its quite clear considering we can't even win 1 out of 2 home games to start the ECF. Much props to the Bruins. They are tough...smart....well coached....Julien actually plays the matchup game well...he doesn't just mindlessly roll lines...they are seasoned and make really good adjustments. The Bruins are an excellent club and extremely worthy of their Conference title...and maybe more. Much props to you. You guys definitely embody the concept of "Boston strong".

Lestat
06-03-2013, 11:50 PM
damn, the B's are in killer mode right now and not playing around.
Sid should not have tried that nonsense on Rask last game.

chadta
06-04-2013, 05:06 AM
What truly bothers me....again...without watching the tape, is that we have done just enough for Bylsma to keep his job. I would rather go with Tippett but Dan and Shero are BFF. .

i feel your pain, if the flyers dont win 5 of the last 6 maybe they get rid of lavy, instead he lives on to fight another day and the season is still lost :(

Beantown Bronco
06-04-2013, 06:30 AM
Thanks SoCal. I feel your pain. You asked what happened since the regular season when you guys went 3-0 against us and I think it comes down to two main things:

1. The Krejci line hates the regular season and only feels the need to show up and show up big during the playoffs. They've been absolute monsters and Pitt just doesn't have an answer for them. Toronto and NY didn't either.

2. At least two of those three regular season games were the second of back to back nights for the B's, plus travel, while Pitt was rested. They were also their 3rd game in 4 nights twice. That is a big disadvantage and directly caused at least one of those losses as we were up 3-0 late and fell apart in the 3rd period when we ran out of gas. We clearly benefitted the most of any team by having the week off before this series. We got healthy and Chara in particular got some much needed rest after logging 30+ hard minutes pretty much every night.

broncosteven
06-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Hoping the Hawks go up 3-0 tonight.

24champ
06-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Hoping the Hawks go up 3-0 tonight.

Gonna be tough to do, Kings haven't lost at home in quite a while.

24champ
06-04-2013, 06:35 PM
JetBlue airlines just got a lot of new customers in Philly, New York, Boston and elsewhere...
After the Bruins’ 6-1 victory (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl--sidney-crosby--penguins--terrible--in-blowout-loss-to-bruins-in-game-2-052742000.html) over the Pittsburgh Penguins (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/pit) in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Final, members of the Boston media boarded a flight back to Beantown on Tuesday morning. Perhaps the pilot of this JetBlue knew they were there. Perhaps the pilot simply isn’t a Sidney Crosby (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/3737) fan. Whatever the case, a crying baby led to a predictable joke about the Penguins captain, as relayed by Joe Haggerty of CSN Boston and Dan Roche of WBZ:

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/kCYjyH35c0gUIwdfLK_OVg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnhlexperts/FDSADSAFSASADF.jpg

Ray Finkle
06-04-2013, 06:37 PM
JetBlue airlines just got a lot of new customers in Philly, New York, Boston and elsewhere...
After the Bruinsí 6-1 victory (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl--sidney-crosby--penguins--terrible--in-blowout-loss-to-bruins-in-game-2-052742000.html) over the Pittsburgh Penguins (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/pit) in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Final, members of the Boston media boarded a flight back to Beantown on Tuesday morning. Perhaps the pilot of this JetBlue knew they were there. Perhaps the pilot simply isnít a Sidney Crosby (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/3737) fan. Whatever the case, a crying baby led to a predictable joke about the Penguins captain, as relayed by Joe Haggerty of CSN Boston and Dan Roche of WBZ:

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/kCYjyH35c0gUIwdfLK_OVg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnhlexperts/FDSADSAFSASADF.jpg

Lol! Captain Bitch!

24champ
06-04-2013, 06:59 PM
http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/jjnWQPKRLVVDxlKFbPtfoQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnhlexperts/BL9F98yCUAImd5J.jpg-large.jpeg

New Dallas Stars uni's.....

Meh. Ugly IMO.

gyldenlove
06-04-2013, 07:15 PM
http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/jjnWQPKRLVVDxlKFbPtfoQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnhlexperts/BL9F98yCUAImd5J.jpg-large.jpeg

Meh. Ugly IMO.

UGH, those are hideous.

OrangeSe7en
06-04-2013, 07:28 PM
It kind of seems like this will be LAs game. The Blackhawks can still pull this out (its 1-0) but it has a different vibe to it.

Kid A
06-04-2013, 07:40 PM
It kind of seems like this will be LAs game. The Blackhawks can still pull this out (its 1-0) but it has a different vibe to it.

I don't follow the Kings that closely, but those stats about just how much better they are at home are crazy. Almost a full goal better they were saying? Would be plenty happy if Hawks can steal either one of these two road games.

SoCalBronco
06-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Kings with a very good effort and a 3-1 win.

CHI leads 2-1.

24champ
06-04-2013, 09:45 PM
Back at it on Thursday, lets tie up the series!

chadta
06-05-2013, 04:01 AM

Meh. Ugly IMO.

what no hurricane love ? heres a shot of them infront of the usual home crowd in Raleigh.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BL7bN2ICMAA3pDS.jpg:large

55CrushEm
06-05-2013, 08:13 AM
After the Bruinsí 6-1 victory (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl--sidney-crosby--penguins--terrible--in-blowout-loss-to-bruins-in-game-2-052742000.html) over the Pittsburgh Penguins (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/pit) in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Final, members of the Boston media boarded a flight back to Beantown on Tuesday morning. Perhaps the pilot of this JetBlue knew they were there. Perhaps the pilot simply isnít a Sidney Crosby (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/3737) fan. Whatever the case, a crying baby led to a predictable joke about the Penguins captain, as relayed by Joe Haggerty of CSN Boston and Dan Roche of WBZ:

DivineLegion
06-05-2013, 08:35 AM
what no hurricane love ? heres a shot of them infront of the usual home crowd in Raleigh.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BL7bN2ICMAA3pDS.jpg:large

Hey asshole, PNC is usually around 10,000 to capacity during the season. This year tickets were sold out for the better part of the first half of the season.

chadta
06-05-2013, 02:37 PM
Hey a-hole, PNC is usually around 10,000 to capacity during the season. This year tickets were sold out for the better part of the first half of the season.

really name calling ?

congrats, how many of those 10,000 tickets did people actually pay for ? and how many were part of the buy 2 tickets, 2 hot dogs, 2 soft drinks, a program, parking and get to drop the opening faceoff for $49 dollar deals ?

DivineLegion
06-05-2013, 03:00 PM
really name calling ?

congrats, how many of those 10,000 tickets did people actually pay for ? and how many were part of the buy 2 tickets, 2 hot dogs, 2 soft drinks, a program, parking and get to drop the opening faceoff for $49 dollar deals ?

If you want to take my jape, that you are an asshole for mocking my favorite hockey team, personally, that's on you. Second, if you think we are disadvantaged as a small market team, because we have cheap tickets, you are solely mistaken. It's a huge advantage to have 10,000 passionate fans who go to games to cheer for the squad. The Wine and Cheese crowd is stifled by affordable tickets, and provides for a great atmosphere.

24champ
06-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Sorry socal but this is hilarious. Ha!

http://i.minus.com/ibvyc5bUI9VLX2.gif

SoCalBronco
06-05-2013, 04:29 PM
Lol

Lestat
06-05-2013, 05:04 PM
ROTLMAO! @ 24champ for the Crosby and Pitt jokes.

Meh. Ugly IMO.

eh they're not bad. ugly is when the Caps wear that alternate jersey.

24champ
06-05-2013, 09:14 PM
Pens are doing well. If they lose this in OT...that's all she wrote for this series.

SoCalBronco
06-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Pens are doing well. If they lose this in OT...that's all she wrote for this series.

Its all she wrote regardless.

Requiem
06-05-2013, 09:20 PM
Pens plz win. I do not wanna double arm blast meth tonight.

24champ
06-05-2013, 09:20 PM
Its all she wrote regardless.

Pens can win this game and its a series. All you got to do is win this one and the next. Your right back in it.

24champ
06-05-2013, 10:16 PM
Tough pill to swallow SoCal. Lose in double OT.

SoCalBronco
06-05-2013, 10:42 PM
Tough pill to swallow SoCal. Lose in double OT.

Sucks to lose playing that well, but in reality like I told you it wouldn't have mattered anyway, so I'm not devastated. To win this series they needed to win Games 3 4 and 5. Even a split in Boston wouldn't have been enough because we would win 5 and lose 6 in Boston, so they had to win 3 in a row. They were not going to win 3 in a row even with a win tonight. That's why I told you it was over regardless.

Boston needs to win Game 4 so that Shero has no choice but to fire Bylsma. Last year he won a couple games late in the series to keep his job. He better not keep his job this year.

24champ
06-05-2013, 10:49 PM
Sucks to lose playing that well, but in reality like I told you it wouldn't have mattered anyway, so I'm not devastated. To win this series they needed to win Games 3 4 and 5. Even a split in Boston wouldn't have been enough because we would win 5 and lose 6 in Boston, so they had to win 3 in a row. They were not going to win 3 in a row even with a win tonight. That's why I told you it was over regardless.

Boston needs to win Game 4 so that Shero has no choice but to fire Bylsma. Last year he won a couple games late in the series to keep his job. He better not keep his job this year.

AV would be a great fit for Pitt but from what I understand, byslma and shero are joined at the hip.

SoCalBronco
06-05-2013, 10:51 PM
AV would be a great fit for Pitt but from what I understand, byslma and shero are joined at the hip.

They are BFF but Shero has no choice if they get swept or lose in 5. Cause he is next if they don't get it done next year. 66 is not going to stand for this. He has to fire his friend to save his own neck.

Beantown Bronco
06-05-2013, 11:29 PM
Wow. Just got home from the game. What a battle. Both goalies were standing on their heads. We thought for sure it would go at least one more OT......so glad it didn't.

Rask has certainly earned himself a nice contract in the off season. He's just been ridiculous out there. 3 total goals allowed in his last 4 playoff games, 3 against Pitt who were averaging over 4 a game?!? Insanity.

chadta
06-06-2013, 04:56 AM
If you want to take my jape, that you are an a-hole for mocking my favorite hockey team, personally, that's on you..

Im sorry I didnt know there was a nice way to take being called an a hole, must be an american thing.

Second, if you think we are disadvantaged as a small market team, because we have cheap tickets, you are solely mistaken.

Awesome area, I love the Carolinas, ****ty hockey market tho, never should have put a team there. Even the CFL was smart enough to realize that southern expansion was a failed experiment. Im so happy that fans in actual hockey markets get to pay an extra 5 bucks per ticket and send it to your pathetic team.

It's a huge advantage to have 10,000 passionate fans who go to games to cheer for the squad. The Wine and Cheese crowd is stifled by affordable tickets, and provides for a great atmosphere.

I agree about the wine and cheese group, but id bet you dont have 10,000 people that know what a puck is.

how bout those penbitches LOL

BroncosSR
06-06-2013, 07:48 AM
Wow. Just got home from the game. What a battle. Both goalies were standing on their heads. We thought for sure it would go at least one more OT......so glad it didn't.

Rask has certainly earned himself a nice contract in the off season. He's just been ridiculous out there. 3 total goals allowed in his last 4 playoff games, 3 against Pitt who were averaging over 4 a game?!? Insanity.

Tukka might have just displayed the best goaltending I've ever seen over a 3 game stretch. The guy was absolutely ridiculous and so poised in all three games.

socalorado
06-06-2013, 08:01 AM
Tukka might have just displayed the best goaltending I've ever seen over a 3 game stretch. The guy was absolutely ridiculous and so poised in all three games.

Thank You Tukka.

Beantown Bronco
06-06-2013, 12:32 PM
This is classic. Poor Iginla.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s93/vagel117/chosewisely_zpsf748024d.gif

Al Wilson
06-06-2013, 01:15 PM
I doubt the Pens beat the Bruins, Hawks or Kings in a best of 7 series
na na na na
na na na na
hey hey hey goodbye

DivineLegion
06-06-2013, 01:54 PM
Im sorry I didnt know there was a nice way to take being called an a hole, must be an american thing.

Awesome area, I love the Carolinas, ****ty hockey market tho, never should have put a team there. Even the CFL was smart enough to realize that southern expansion was a failed experiment. Im so happy that fans in actual hockey markets get to pay an extra 5 bucks per ticket and send it to your pathetic team.

I agree about the wine and cheese group, but id bet you dont have 10,000 people that know what a puck is.

how bout those penb****es LOL

Ehh, the market has grown substantially thanks to retired players hanging around, and building youth programs. Raleigh is such a melting pot 60% of the interested populace are transplants from northern states involved in bioscience fields. 12 years has provided the arena with a solid mix of young and old Hockey enthusiasts, who by most accounts truely understand the game, and the infectious nature of southern hospitality usually means they are willing to instruct ignorant fans in the periphery. You would be truely surprised how in tune many of the fans truely are.

I'm very disappointed with the Pens, at this point I think the Canes only get a third round draft pick for Jussi Jokinen. Granted that's greater than its market value, it could have been higher, and thus I am disappointed.

Edit: I forgot to mention the incursion of Lacrosse, and how that has also propelled the market. NC sports some of the best high school lacrosse teams in the nation, and the familiarity between hockey and lacrosse has really opened a lot of minds to the game.

Al Wilson
06-06-2013, 01:55 PM
Pens plz win. I do not wanna double arm blast meth tonight.
bye bye Hilarious!

gyldenlove
06-06-2013, 02:02 PM

It is remarkable how much better it feels being a bad team coming close to success than being a good team coming close.

Smiling Assassin27
06-06-2013, 03:33 PM
Keith's slash on Carter looks much worse from this angle:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMG2N66CQAE7Pg5.png

broncosteven
06-06-2013, 08:00 PM
I am on the DVR due to soccer game tonight.

Man that was the absolute worst National Anthem tonight at the Hawks/Kings game.

Kid A
06-06-2013, 09:41 PM
Hawks scrapped out the road win they needed. Need to ice this thing on Saturday as the Bruins look like they're on the verge of sweeping.

Kid A
06-06-2013, 09:42 PM
I am on the DVR due to soccer game tonight.

Man that was the absolute worst National Anthem tonight at the Hawks/Kings game.

Need to have Jim Cornelison travel for road games with Chicago from now on.

Lestat
06-06-2013, 10:02 PM
it will be a interesting final with Boston and Chicago.
didn't expect the Bruins to beat down the Pens like they have.

24champ
06-07-2013, 12:05 AM
Kings are too banged up to get past this round. Top guys are hurt and we're missing our 2C. It's been a valiant effort to repeat, but doesn't seem to be in the cards this season.

I am very happy that our window will stay open for the rest of the decade.

maher_tyler
06-07-2013, 07:44 AM
Kings are too banged up to get past this round. Top guys are hurt and we're missing our 2C. It's been a valiant effort to repeat, but doesn't seem to be in the cards this season.

I am very happy that our window will stay open for the rest of the decade.

Definitely nothing to hang your head about. You guys have a solid core of young players. Quick imo is the best goalie in the league.

gyldenlove
06-07-2013, 08:36 AM
Definitely nothing to hang your head about. You guys have a solid core of young players. Quick imo is the best goalie in the league.

I don't think calling Quick the best goalie in the league is warranted. He had an incredible season last year, but this year he was very pedestrian in the regular season not hitting top 10 among starters in any stats and in the post season he has been good but not great, certainly he has been no better than Crawford, Rask or Niemi.

Right now there is not a goalie in the league who has shown the kind of solid play over several years in both regular and post season to earn the title of best. Bobrovsky, Quick, Rask, Crawford, Lundquist have all shown good play recently but none of them stand out over the rest.

gyldenlove
06-07-2013, 08:39 AM
it will be a interesting final with Boston and Chicago.
didn't expect the Bruins to beat down the Pens like they have.

I am surprised the Bruins have been winning as clearly as they have, but not surprised the Pens aren't dominating - they were a paper tiger in the playoffs who had the great fortune of playing the 2 worst teams to make the final 16. The defense and goaltending for Pittsburgh is simply too weak and they lack the cohesiveness up front to avoid falling apart when Crosby and Malkin go on tilt.

alkemical
06-07-2013, 09:32 AM
I am surprised the Bruins have been winning as clearly as they have, but not surprised the Pens aren't dominating - they were a paper tiger in the playoffs who had the great fortune of playing the 2 worst teams to make the final 16. The defense and goaltending for Pittsburgh is simply too weak and they lack the cohesiveness up front to avoid falling apart when Crosby and Malkin go on tilt.

I wanted Shero to trade Crosby, keep staal and work it that way. I also think MAF is no longer viable. His brain is broke somewhere. He tries to do too much, i think the early years of throwing him on a terrible NHL team as a rookie gave him PTSD.

24champ
06-07-2013, 11:04 AM
Wonder what happens to Malkin, his contract is up after next season and rumor is he wants to be the highest paid player in the NHL. I'd like the Kings to sniff around if Shero decides to listen to offers for Malkin who is definitely a top 3 player in the NHL.

Personally I think he has the potential to be THE BEST. Just has to be more consistent in his effort.

24champ
06-07-2013, 11:05 AM
I don't think calling Quick the best goalie in the league is warranted. He had an incredible season last year, but this year he was very pedestrian in the regular season not hitting top 10 among starters in any stats and in the post season he has been good but not great, certainly he has been no better than Crawford, Rask or Niemi.

Right now there is not a goalie in the league who has shown the kind of solid play over several years in both regular and post season to earn the title of best. Bobrovsky, Quick, Rask, Crawford, Lundquist have all shown good play recently but none of them stand out over the rest.

Quick had a pedestrian regular season because he was just recovering from back surgery that he had in the offseason.

gyldenlove
06-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Quick had a pedestrian regular season because he was just recovering from back surgery that he had in the offseason.

He had a minor surgery in August, something that has less then 2 month recovery period - I don't buy that he was having a down season because he was recovering still. If he was recovering then his numbers should be worse in January and February and then improve through the season, but March was by far his worst month.

gyldenlove
06-07-2013, 12:48 PM
Wonder what happens to Malkin, his contract is up after next season and rumor is he wants to be the highest paid player in the NHL. I'd like the Kings to sniff around if Shero decides to listen to offers for Malkin who is definitely a top 3 player in the NHL.

Personally I think he has the potential to be THE BEST. Just has to be more consistent in his effort.

Malkin needs to lead, every time Crosby is playing well and Malkin doesn't get the quality minutes he fades. Put him on a team where he can be the alpha-male in terms of ice time and quality (like Tavares or the Sedins) and he will be in the race for the Hart every year.

Beantown Bronco
06-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Malkin needs to lead, every time Crosby is playing well and Malkin doesn't get the quality minutes he fades. Put him on a team where he can be the alpha-male in terms of ice time and quality (like Tavares or the Sedins) and he will be in the race for the Hart every year.

When he's not waking up in cold sweats from nightmares involving Chara and Rask shutting his candy ass down..... :)

24champ
06-07-2013, 01:43 PM
He had a minor surgery in August, something that has less then 2 month recovery period - I don't buy that he was having a down season because he was recovering still. If he was recovering then his numbers should be worse in January and February and then improve through the season, but March was by far his worst month.

There's nothing minor about back surgery and combine that with the fact the Kings were without two excellent defenseman in Greene and Mitchell. Of course his numbers were going to drop off. He's been the reason the Kings have made it this far in their title defense and he shows up in the big games.

SoCalBronco
06-07-2013, 01:58 PM

He will be signing a 8 year deal in early July. AAV will be about 10.

gyldenlove
06-07-2013, 02:06 PM
There's nothing minor about back surgery and combine that with the fact the Kings were without two excellent defenseman in Greene and Mitchell. Of course his numbers were going to drop off. He's been the reason the Kings have made it this far in their title defense and he shows up in the big games.

Jimmy Howard had 3 rookie defensemen play significant minutes in front of him this year, didn't hurt his numbers. He has been excellent in the playoffs, but he was simply not up to par for being "the best" in the regular season. For comparison, Martin Brodeur has had as bad or worse GAA in exactly 2 seasons and the same for save % (and that is out of the 19 he has played).

broncosteven
06-07-2013, 03:29 PM

Quick can't hold Crawfords Jock this year. He was run out of one game this series, he gave up a soft goal (knuckler) last night. Crawford is the reason the Hawks are up 3-1 in the conference final and won the President's cup.

It is a shame Bickle is in a contract year it will be hard for us to sign him after his performance throughout the year and in the playoffs.

Hoping we can close it out at home Saturday!

chadta
06-07-2013, 04:01 PM
He will be signing a 8 year deal in early July. AAV will be about 10.

I heard he was considering the KHL offer of almost 15 mil tax free

SoCalBronco
06-07-2013, 08:37 PM
And that's a wrap. Congrats Beantown.

Bye bye Bylsma.....bye bye Bylsma......bye bye Bylsma so sad to see you go (not). GTFO clown. Get Tippett on the phone.

Ray Finkle
06-07-2013, 09:08 PM
And that's a wrap. Congrats Beantown.

Bye bye Bylsma.....bye bye Bylsma......bye bye Bylsma so sad to see you go (not). GTFO clown. Get Tippett on the phone.

At least the Rangers put up more of a fight :)

SoCalBronco
06-07-2013, 09:08 PM
At least the Rangers put up more of a fight :)

Well you won a game didn't ya? :)

Ray Finkle
06-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Well you won a game didn't ya? :)

And lost 2 1 goal games.....

Beantown Bronco
06-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Thanks SoCal.

Bruins.....and Chara and Rask in particular...are just playing a different game right now. Timing is everything in the NHL playoffs. If we played you in the first round, it's probably a different story. 3rd round after a week's rest, getting our mojo back after the Game 7 scare against Toronto? Everything changed.

I never would've given us a chance against either Pitt or Chicago a month ago. Now? I really feel it's our's to lose if we keep playing like this.

24champ
06-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Rask is unbelievable, how in the world did Malkin miss that wide open net in the waning seconds of the game?

Bruins are destined to win the cup, especially after that game 7 comeback vs the leafs.

chadta
06-08-2013, 03:55 AM
Rask is unbelievable, how in the world did Malkin miss that wide open net in the waning seconds of the game?

Bruins are destined to win the cup, especially after that game 7 comeback vs the leafs.

I have no problem with the bruins, but by god life is going to be hell around here if that happens, Im already hearing rumblings from leaf fans about how it should be them in the cup, if only, if only. They may have a praded of proxy if the bruins win the cup. I may just have to move.

gyldenlove
06-08-2013, 03:49 PM
Wow, really Dallas, 10 million over 2 years for Gonchar?

Lestat
06-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Wow, really Dallas, 10 million over 2 years for Gonchar?

that's some Raider type of **** right there Hilarious!

gyldenlove
06-08-2013, 04:27 PM
that's some Raider type of **** right there Hilarious!

I assuming from early indications that Jim Nill is going to do a Josh Mcdaniels type of job in Dallas, dismantle the team and in 2 years be back in Detroit at his old desk.

SoCalBronco
06-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Sarge is still a good PP QB but doesn't offer a lot else.

gyldenlove
06-08-2013, 05:14 PM
A few teams are in real trouble this offseason. Vancouver even if they manage to unload Luongo they won't be able to field a full roster. I am assuming they will unload at least one of their 4+ million defenders - Ballard is the only one without a no-trade clause and is an obvious candidate - Edler I believe is the only one who is going to be off-limits. At forward they have 5 guys making at least 4 million and 2 of them are not playing like it, Burrows and Booth. I don't think they can move Burrows even if they tried.

My best guess for the Canucks would be trading away Booth, Hamhuis and Bieksa. I believe both Bieksa and Hamhuis could bring decent returns in a very shallow d-man free agency year and while Booth will only bring a bag of pucks and a roll of duct tape getting rid of his salary is a necessity.

Tampa Bay is another team nestled right up against the cap with several empty roster spots to fill and not enough cash to do it. The obvious choice would be a compliance buyout of Lecavalier, that however would cost a ton of dough and if he runs off to a good team in the east and has success it could look like a real career killer for Yzerman. My best guess is that they do nothing major unless they can talk Ryan Malone into waiving his no trade clause and talk a team into taking Ryan Malone, while he has been a decent player he has not been able to stay healthy.

The Blackhawks are another team who will be undergoing some roster changes. They are right up against the cap and they need to either retain Emery or add another backup goalie. They are fine on defense and do not actually need to add anyone there, but on offense they will be losing Handzus, Bickell and Stalberg who have all contributed during these playoffs and they need to resign Kruger who is a key checking center. Ultimately getting rid of Frolik would help and there is an outside chance they take a look at buying out Hossa - or possibly send him packing. After all they were able to trade Brian Campbell and his untradeable contract.

San Jose is the last team who have to make some really interesting decisions. While they have a fair bit of space under the cap they also have a LOT of players with expiring contracts and need to either retain or sign a lot of players to field a roster. Adding to that almost all of their players are on the last year of their contracts and the team really needs to decide where to go.

Lestat
06-08-2013, 05:20 PM
I assuming from early indications that Jim Nill is going to do a Josh Mcdaniels type of job in Dallas, dismantle the team and in 2 years be back in Detroit at his old desk.

i actually think he'll do a solid job with the Stars but that Gonchar deal is just stupid.

Kid A
06-08-2013, 06:40 PM
First 10 min: Chicago not ****ing around. LA already mentally on the golf course.

Lestat
06-08-2013, 07:21 PM
A few teams are in real trouble this offseason. Vancouver even if they manage to unload Luongo they won't be able to field a full roster. I am assuming they will unload at least one of their 4+ million defenders - Ballard is the only one without a no-trade clause and is an obvious candidate - Edler I believe is the only one who is going to be off-limits. At forward they have 5 guys making at least 4 million and 2 of them are not playing like it, Burrows and Booth. I don't think they can move Burrows even if they tried.

My best guess for the Canucks would be trading away Booth, Hamhuis and Bieksa. I believe both Bieksa and Hamhuis could bring decent returns in a very shallow d-man free agency year and while Booth will only bring a bag of pucks and a roll of duct tape getting rid of his salary is a necessity.

Tampa Bay is another team nestled right up against the cap with several empty roster spots to fill and not enough cash to do it. The obvious choice would be a compliance buyout of Lecavalier, that however would cost a ton of dough and if he runs off to a good team in the east and has success it could look like a real career killer for Yzerman. My best guess is that they do nothing major unless they can talk Ryan Malone into waiving his no trade clause and talk a team into taking Ryan Malone, while he has been a decent player he has not been able to stay healthy.

The Blackhawks are another team who will be undergoing some roster changes. They are right up against the cap and they need to either retain Emery or add another backup goalie. They are fine on defense and do not actually need to add anyone there, but on offense they will be losing Handzus, Bickell and Stalberg who have all contributed during these playoffs and they need to resign Kruger who is a key checking center. Ultimately getting rid of Frolik would help and there is an outside chance they take a look at buying out Hossa - or possibly send him packing. After all they were able to trade Brian Campbell and his untradeable contract.

San Jose is the last team who have to make some really interesting decisions. While they have a fair bit of space under the cap they also have a LOT of players with expiring contracts and need to either retain or sign a lot of players to field a roster. Adding to that almost all of their players are on the last year of their contracts and the team really needs to decide where to go.

Chicago will be fine. they know how to retool.

gyldenlove
06-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Chicago will be fine. they know how to retool.

It cost them 2 seasons last time they went through it.

Lestat
06-08-2013, 08:20 PM

and every single player they got in return for who they gave up is helping them get back to the SCF. you really wanna argue about 2 years when they might win 2 cups within a 4-5 season span?

Lestat
06-08-2013, 08:26 PM
wow, how do you let a 180 lb dude check you into the opposing bench? damn Muzzin.
i know Shaw got rocked by Greene later but still.

gyldenlove
06-08-2013, 08:29 PM
and every single player they got in return for who they gave up is helping them get back to the SCF. you really wanna argue about 2 years when they might win 2 cups within a 4-5 season span?

Look at every other elite team - Detroit and Pittsburgh went to consecutive finals, and Pittsburgh were back in the ECF this year. Boston went to 2 finals in the last 3 years, LA went to the finals last year and this year the WCF. Going twice in 4 years is really nothing special. Add to the players they are losing a pretty pathetic prospect group and Chicago could be back on the outside looking in for another few years which is just not what the elite teams do.

Lestat
06-08-2013, 08:41 PM
Look at every other elite team - Detroit and Pittsburgh went to consecutive finals, and Pittsburgh were back in the ECF this year. Boston went to 2 finals in the last 3 years, LA went to the finals last year and this year the WCF. Going twice in 4 years is really nothing special. Add to the players they are losing a pretty pathetic prospect group and Chicago could be back on the outside looking in for another few years which is just not what the elite teams do.

Chicago kept their entire true core intact though. Detroit is not normal. they haven't missed the playoffs in what 19+ years?
Pitt was a fairly young team when they went back to back and had some key moves to shore them up.
Boston and LA barely lost anything from their cup teams and made additions.

Chicago was poorly structured by Tallon in that first run and had to adjust.
Chicago set themselves back for 2 years to set themselves up for even longer.

Kid A
06-08-2013, 08:48 PM
****'s sake. Props to LA for really bouncing back in the 2nd and 3rd. Crazy finish to force OT.

Lestat
06-08-2013, 08:52 PM
that was nuts. but i want to see more of this type of hockey so hopefully it's a long OT with Chicago winning.

Lestat
06-08-2013, 10:03 PM
God i love playoff hockey. i really need the Avs to get back to being a elite team.

Kid A
06-08-2013, 10:21 PM
God i love playoff hockey. i really need the Avs to get back to being a elite team.

Agree, on both counts. But I've also lived in Chicago for 5 years now, so I get a kick out of following the Hawks along with my friends. Now let's see if they can top the Bruins so I can join the entire city in getting trashed together again like in 2010!

canadianbroncosfan
06-09-2013, 02:43 AM

Hilarious!

Seriously? You think they're going to be too upset if they have to wait a whole two years to make the Finals again? 95% of the teams in this league would kill to be able to do that.

canadianbroncosfan
06-09-2013, 02:50 AM

The same can be said for last time. They lost more key players then they will this time. Ladd, Byfuglien, Niemi, Brouwer, and Versteeg.

I'm not too worried about their "pathetic" prospect group. They've done pretty well drafting the past few years (ie Saad, Shaw). I'd be more worried about your Wings looking in from the outside than I am the 'Hawks.

canadianbroncosfan
06-09-2013, 02:52 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/10340_10151956598604688_2063787317_n.jpg

Beantown Bronco
06-09-2013, 05:36 AM
What a crappy schedule. Chicago gets 2 Saturday night home games for the Finals and we get Monday, Wednesday and Monday for our games. I see some sick days in my future.

Kid A
06-09-2013, 07:25 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/10340_10151956598604688_2063787317_n.jpg

The Kingslayer

gyldenlove
06-09-2013, 09:09 AM
The same can be said for last time. They lost more key players then they will this time. Ladd, Byfuglien, Niemi, Brouwer, and Versteeg.

I'm not too worried about their "pathetic" prospect group. They've done pretty well drafting the past few years (ie Saad, Shaw). I'd be more worried about your Wings looking in from the outside than I am the 'Hawks.

Saad is a decent prospect and should end up in the top 6, but Shaw is a career 3rd liner - his offensive impact is simply too low for anything else.

This time they are losing 2 top 6 forwards (Bickell and Handzus) or alternatively buying out another top 6 forward in Hossa to keep one of the other 2. Last time Versteeg was the only top 6 forward they lost - all the rest were 3rd liners and support players at the time, some of whom improved after they left the Hawks. The loss of Rozival is minor, he is easily replaced and was a 6th/7th d-man, but as it stands right now they can't afford to resign Leddy either so that means they are losing 33% of their d-rotation which is a problem since they won't have the money to replace them so that means they are going to be looking to Brookbank and Montador to pick up the pace.

95% of the league would be happy with 2 finals in 4 years? Boston has 2 in 3, Pittsburgh and Detroit had 2 in 2, LA had finals and WCF in back to back years and none of those teams are going to be losing the type of talent Chicago will be. Hell, Detroit went to overtime in game 7 in WSF in a season when they lead the league in games lost to injury and the first season after losing probably the best player of his generation in Lidstrom, along with Brad Stuart and Jiri Hudler - they will be just fine.

Tombstone RJ
06-09-2013, 09:50 AM
Chicago is gonna curb stomp the Bruins.

Beantown Bronco
06-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Chicago is gonna curb stomp the Bruins.

child please

Tombstone RJ
06-09-2013, 02:00 PM
child please

Whoever wins the west wins the cup. Chicago is soooo deep it's stupid.

24champ
06-09-2013, 02:04 PM
Great season for the Kings. Nobody knows this except me and SoCal...but we talked about hockey in 2006, 7 years ago and we both predicted the Kings and Penguins would be in the finals in 2013. We were really close on that prediction, but maybe next year it will happen.

As for the Kings, we just got worn down and our style of hockey doesn't fit the condensed schedule the NHL put together for the lockout shortened season. It's not an excuse, just the reality of what happened. Playing the blues and then the Sharks took a real toll on the players, Kings made it to the WCF just on pure guts. T

Brown was one of several Kings who labored through pain, revealing when asked afterward that he tore the posterior cruciate ligament in the back of his left knee on his first shift of Game 6 against San Jose. Justin Williams said he played with a slightly separated shoulder after Sharks blueliner Brad Stuart rocked him with a big hit in Game 3 last round. Drew Dougthy (ankle) was also a little hobbled, Mike Richards, of course, recovered from a concussion in time to play Saturday night while Stoll told ESPN.com not only was he concussed last round after the hit from Raffi Torres but he also separated his shoulder on the play. And we’re missing a few guys.
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=nhl&id=25082&src=desktop

The Blackhawks were the better team and have beaten us all year so the results weren't surprising. Congrats to them for winning the series, a great team. The Kings will be in the Stanley Cup conversation next season and beyond, so I'm quite happy with the core of this team and the way out GM Lombardi has built the team.

Tombstone RJ
06-09-2013, 02:08 PM
Great season for the Kings. Nobody knows this except me and SoCal...but we talked about hockey in 2006, 7 years ago and we both predicted the Kings and Penguins would be in the finals in 2013. We were really close on that prediction, but maybe next year it will happen.

As for the Kings, we just got worn down and our style of hockey doesn't fit the condensed schedule the NHL put together for the lockout shortened season. It's not an excuse, just the reality of what happened. Playing the blues and then the Sharks took a real toll on the players, Kings made it to the WCF just on pure guts. T

The Blackhawks were the better team and have beaten us all year so the results weren't surprising. Congrats to them for winning the series, a great team. The Kings will be in the Stanley Cup conversation next season and beyond, so I'm quite happy with the core of this team and the way out GM Lombardi has built the team.

If the Kings would have won the series they'd be the ones hoisting the cup, very good team. Congrats Kings fans!

OrangeSe7en
06-09-2013, 02:16 PM

The big thing that stuck with me, where the Kings are concerned, is that they went out on their shields. They showed their mettle even when it wasn't in the cards for them this year. That game last night was great but the Kings deserve a ton of credit for not giving up when they were behind 2-0, while down 3 games to 1.

broncosteven
06-09-2013, 02:45 PM

They went down with a fight, other teams would have folded when it was 0-2, that goal at the end of regulation had me reliving the Broncos Ravens game, sorta.

BTW Quick should not be mentioned as one of the best goalies in the league unless you mention Crawford 1st.

OrangeSe7en
06-09-2013, 02:52 PM
They went down with a fight, other teams would have folded when it was 0-2, that goal at the end of regulation had me reliving the Broncos Ravens game, sorta.

BTW Quick should not be mentioned as one of the best goalies in the league unless you mention Crawford 1st.

Crawford has more help where defenders are concerned. That soft goal he gave up against the Red Wings was really bad. I also think Quick makes more saves that have a higher degree of difficulty.

broncosteven
06-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Crawford has more help where defenders are concerned. That soft goal he gave up against the Red Wings was really bad. I also think Quick makes more saves that have a higher degree of difficulty.

Crawford hasn't been run out of a game in the playoffs. Quick gave up a soft goal early last night, it happens. If you look at Chicago's wins they are mostly close games, look at all the games they won by shoot out early in the year when they were on their tear.

Chicago doesn't have brusing defenders like LA but they can use their team speed to clear the puck from the zone.

Plus Crawford is one of the better puck handling goalies in the NHL. He makes the D and O better by setting up those stretch passes or getting the puck to the D to clear the zone before the other teams O can get setup.

SoCalBronco
06-09-2013, 03:19 PM

The Kings had a great year again.

I'm waiting for that Pens-Kings Final so I can go to Staples and troll King fans wearing all my Penguin stuff. :~ohyah!:

I also remember when we invented the JMFW moniker in the chat room on draft day based on JMFJ.

SoCalBronco
06-09-2013, 03:22 PM

Lol...Crawford isn't an elite goalie. He is playing well right now but he is not really in the same league as Quick, Hank, Rask, Price, Renne, Miller, Brodeur, etc. There is a group of like 6-8 really good goalies and then there is a group of like 10-12 guys in the middle....that's where Crawford is. He is on the best overall team, but he is not elite.

OrangeSe7en
06-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Crawford hasn't been run out of a game in the playoffs. Quick gave up a soft goal early last night, it happens. If you look at Chicago's wins they are mostly close games, look at all the games they won by shoot out early in the year when they were on their tear.

Chicago doesn't have brusing defenders like LA but they can use their team speed to clear the puck from the zone.

Plus Crawford is one of the better puck handling goalies in the NHL. He makes the D and O better by setting up those stretch passes or getting the puck to the D to clear the zone before the other teams O can get setup.

Would you seriously not trade Crawford for Quick straight up if the situation presented itself?

SoCalBronco
06-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Alright....even I have to admit that this is hilarious. Hilarious!

http://i.imgur.com/E6woNsp.gif

Lestat
06-09-2013, 11:55 PM

Quick is one of the top 3 goalies in the game. it's not a question. he's had some WTF moments but Crawford is nowhere near his level.

24champ
06-10-2013, 01:16 AM

http://i.imgur.com/2uOBamR.gif

Lol no.

Beantown Bronco
06-10-2013, 07:31 AM
Whoever wins the west wins the cup.

You could make that statement 6-8 weeks ago with some confidence. Now, not so much.

Chicago is soooo deep it's stupid.

One could easily argue that the Bruins are deeper. 90% of the roster is the same as the Cup winning team from 2 years ago, only more of them are actually in their prime now. Our defense is literally 8 deep. The only weakness right now is our 3rd line and Seguin still ensures several scoring chances a game there and all 3 of them at least play great defense.

Ray Finkle
06-10-2013, 07:43 AM
You could make that statement 6-8 weeks ago with some confidence. Now, not so much.

One could easily argue that the Bruins are deeper. 90% of the roster is the same as the Cup winning team from 2 years ago, only more of them are actually in their prime now. Our defense is literally 8 deep. The only weakness right now is our 3rd line and Seguin still ensures several scoring chances a game there and all 3 of them at least play great defense.

It's a pretty even match up but the Bruins are nasty to play against......that and Tuk gives them the edge.

BroncosSR
06-10-2013, 07:51 AM
It's a pretty even match up but the Bruins are nasty to play against......that and Tuk gives them the edge.

I agree. With the way Tuukka is playing, I think the Bruins win the cup. They have both physicality and speed which I think will give Chicago trouble.

Gonna be a great series.

gyldenlove
06-10-2013, 09:04 AM

Forward for forward Chicago has more talent. Toews, Kane, Sharp and Hossa are better than Krejci, Lucic, Marchand and Bergeron. On defense, it is very close in the top 4, but Boston definitely has a better 3rd pairing than Chicago - Leddy and Rozival are not good enough. Rask and Crawford have both been outstanding in the playoffs. Both teams have great experienced coaches running the bench.

This series is really going to come down to if Boston can shut down Chicago's transition game, if Chicago is allowed to rush the neutral zone with speed or stretch passes to create open ice and set up the cycle Boston won't be able to keep up. If Boston can keep the pucks low, slow down the neutral zone and get sticks in passing lanes and make it a physical series then they can frustrate the Hawks the way the Wings did and with their talent level they can put it away.

I predict Hawks in 5, but I expect some very close games.

Beantown Bronco
06-10-2013, 09:24 AM
My only nit, other than your prediction of course :)

Forward for forward Chicago has more talent. Toews, Kane, Sharp and Hossa are better than Krejci, Lucic, Marchand and Bergeron.

Regular season, yes. Playoffs say otherwise.

gyldenlove
06-10-2013, 09:59 AM
My only nit, other than your prediction of course :)

Regular season, yes. Playoffs say otherwise.

I would say it is pretty conclusive:

Stanley cup year:

Hossa:
26 points in 20 (pittsburgh)
15 point in 23 (detroit)
15 points in 22 (chicago)

Toews:
29 point in 22

Sharp:
22 point in 22

Kane:
28 points in 22

(all of them have had at least 1 point per game in a Stanley cup finals run)

Krejci:
23 points in 25

Lucic:
12 points in 25

Bergeron:
20 points in 23

Marchand:
19 point in 25

(none of them have had 1 point per game in a Stanley cup finals run)

Then let us look at this year:

Hossa: 14 in 17
Sharp: 14 in 17
Toews: 9 in 17
Kane: 14 in 17
Total: 51 in 17

Krejci: 21 in 16
Lucic: 13 in 16
Bergeron: 11 in 16
Marchand: 13 in 16
Total: 58 in 16

There is no evidence to suggest that Boston's 4 have a history of being better in the playoffs or in fact that they have been better in the playoffs this year. Boston had 7 games against a weak Toronto team and Chicago had 5 against a weak Minnesota team. Boston then had 5 against the Rangers and the Hawks had 7 against Detroit - evaluating the relative talent of those teams is not easy but through 12 it is pretty even for both teams. The real difference is that the Hawks had 5 games against the Kings and Quick while the Bruins had 4 against the Pens and what can only be described as a leaky defense.

Krejci has really picked his game up this year and on the flip side Toews is not playing as well as could be expected for a guy who has a Conn Smyth trophy and was named best forward in the Olympics.

Beantown Bronco
06-10-2013, 10:17 AM
So, you're basing your entire argument on points and then show that the B's have 58 in 16 games while their Chicago counterparts have 51 in 17.

Aside from the fact that you are completely ignoring 75% of the other forwards for each team (in an argument that began as one focusing solely on "depth"), you are also completely ignoring the defensive roles and capabilities of each. Considering the Claude Julien system preaches defensive responsibility first and foremost, to say your argument is flawed is being kind.

Call me when your forwards are instrumental in completely shut down Crosby, Malkin and Letang for four games in a row.

Baba Booey
06-10-2013, 10:53 AM
So my men's league team won our league out here in Jersey and they're sending us to Chicago in two weeks to play in a tournament. Sounds like I'll be out there for game five.

gyldenlove
06-10-2013, 11:21 AM
So, you're basing your entire argument on points and then show that the B's have 58 in 16 games while their Chicago counterparts have 51 in 17.

Aside from the fact that you are completely ignoring 75% of the other forwards for each team (in an argument that began as one focusing solely on "depth"), you are also completely ignoring the defensive roles and capabilities of each. Considering the Claude Julien system preaches defensive responsibility first and foremost, to say your argument is flawed is being kind.

Call me when your forwards are instrumental in completely shut down Crosby, Malkin and Letang for four games in a row.

The entire premise is that I ascertained that Sharp, Kane, Toews and Hossa are better player for player than Krejci, Bergeron, Lucic and Marchand - those were the 8 players I named by name and in comparing those players any other player is utterly irrelevant.

51 to 58 points is well within normal variation and the difference is easily explained by the fact that Boston got 4 games against Pittsburgh while Chicago played Los Angeles (one of those teams is one of the best defensive teams in the league, the other isn't to put it kindly) - I even highlighted that fact.

As for defensive capability, Bergeron is a 1 time Selke winner and 2nd time nominee, Toews has yet to win it but is also a 2nd time nominee and favourite to win the Selke this year - so that puts them very even - wouldn't you say?

Interestingly that you should bring up Julien's system, because it is very similar defensively to Quenneville's, in fact Quenneville's team lead the league in goals against this year in large part because of his defensive coaching - unless you believe Crawford happens to be the best goaltender in the league, but I doubt that.

Lets give credit where credit is due, Chara, Ferrence, Seidenberg, Boychuk and Rask did the vast majority of the shutting down of Crosby and Malkin.

Beantown Bronco
06-10-2013, 11:34 AM
The entire premise is that I ascertained that Sharp, Kane, Toews and Hossa are better player for player than Krejci, Bergeron, Lucic and Marchand - those were the 8 players I named by name and in comparing those players any other player is utterly irrelevant.

I'm referring back to your very first post of the exchange, before the naming of names.

51 to 58 points is well within normal variation and the difference is easily explained by the fact that Boston got 4 games against Pittsburgh while Chicago played Los Angeles (one of those teams is one of the best defensive teams in the league, the other isn't to put it kindly) - I even highlighted that fact.

Still, the B's did it in one less game.
AND Volkoun in these playoffs > Quick in these playoffs.
So, in one less game, against a superior goalie, the B's top guns outscored the Pens top guns.

As for defensive capability, Bergeron is a 1 time Selke winner and 2nd time nominee, Toews has yet to win it but is also a 2nd time nominee and favourite to win the Selke this year - so that puts them very even - wouldn't you say?.

Bergy is a far superior defensive forward. The main reason Toews gets nominated is the same reason guys like Subban get nominated for post season awards over Chara. The voters have lost sight of what the awards are supposed to really stand for.

Lets give credit where credit is due, Chara, Ferrence, Seidenberg, Boychuk and Rask did the vast majority of the shutting down of Crosby and Malkin.

Malkin yes, not Crosby. Bergy was in charge of shadowing Crosby 90% of the time this past series and he did so flawlessly. I think he had 1 quality shot-on the entire series and was held pointless. That's unheard of over 4 games.

24champ
06-10-2013, 12:05 PM
So, in one less game, against a superior goalie

lol no.

Beantown Bronco
06-10-2013, 12:11 PM

lol no.

It's not as laughable as you might think. They had identical save percentages this post season.

Pendejo
06-10-2013, 12:28 PM
So my men's league team won our league out here in Jersey and they're sending us to Chicago in two weeks to play in a tournament. Sounds like I'll be out there for game five.

They are going to let you guys play in between periods?

broncosteven
06-10-2013, 12:48 PM
Would you seriously not trade Crawford for Quick straight up if the situation presented itself?

I am very happy with Crawford and his name should be up there in contention, you guys forget Chicago's weakness is on D, they are not very deep after Keith and Bickle. Losing Buff right after they last won the cup hurt them.

It is not like the Hawk's O has been coming out and blowing teams out this year. Crawford has kept them in and won them a lot of games they should have lost.

I love how he puck handles and sets up the stretch plays, he is perfect for this team and when the team lets him down he manages to keep them in situations where they can stay alive and find a way to win.

canadianbroncosfan
06-10-2013, 04:10 PM

lol no.

Rask just posted two shut outs and a .50 GAA against the top scoring team in the league, not don't think it's as laughable as you think it is.

24champ
06-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Rask just posted two shut outs and a .50 GAA against the top scoring team in the league, not don't think it's as laughable as you think it is.

He's talking about Vokoun, not Rask. You'll get no argument from me on Rask, I think he's been phenomenal this postseason.

OrangeSe7en
06-10-2013, 04:53 PM
I am very happy with Crawford and his name should be up there in contention, you guys forget Chicago's weakness is on D, they are not very deep after Keith and Bickle. Losing Buff right after they last won the cup hurt them.

It is not like the Hawk's O has been coming out and blowing teams out this year. Crawford has kept them in and won them a lot of games they should have lost.

I love how he puck handles and sets up the stretch plays, he is perfect for this team and when the team lets him down he manages to keep them in situations where they can stay alive and find a way to win.

We all know he has done ok this post season. But a goalie's primary job is to stop the puck. As far as that is concerned, you're better off in the long run with Quick. Even in a series when he has given up some bad goals, he's also made plenty of great saves that Crawford would never make.

SoCalBronco
06-10-2013, 06:39 PM
Looks like the Geno extension is getting done pretty soon plus a NMC per Geno's request.

Letang is a trickier deal. PIT believes he wants 7-8M per year. He is the premier offensive dman in the league and is the key to our transition game but he also makes a lot of mental errors. From what I gather they prolly won't go higher than 6 or maybe 6.5 to match Karlsson. He could be moved on draft day like Staal if they can't agree. Don't know what they would want back....prolly a 1st and a decent two way man and a prospect. Fans on LGP are thinking trading him to the Avs for the No.1 overall pick..lol.

gyldenlove
06-10-2013, 09:05 PM
I'm referring back to your very first post of the exchange, before the naming of names.

Forward for forward Chicago has more talent. Toews, Kane, Sharp and Hossa are better than Krejci, Lucic, Marchand and Bergeron. On defense, it is very close in the top 4, but Boston definitely has a better 3rd pairing than Chicago - Leddy and Rozival are not good enough. Rask and Crawford have both been outstanding in the playoffs. Both teams have great experienced coaches running the bench.

This series is really going to come down to if Boston can shut down Chicago's transition game, if Chicago is allowed to rush the neutral zone with speed or stretch passes to create open ice and set up the cycle Boston won't be able to keep up. If Boston can keep the pucks low, slow down the neutral zone and get sticks in passing lanes and make it a physical series then they can frustrate the Hawks the way the Wings did and with their talent level they can put it away.

I predict Hawks in 5, but I expect some very close games.

That is my first post on the subject - see right there in line 1 where I name names?

Still, the B's did it in one less game.
So, in one less game, against a superior goalie, the B's top guns outscored the Pens top guns.

How do you arrive at that conclusion? Quick has a better GAA, more shutouts and better save rate despite playing against much better opposition.

Bergy is a far superior defensive forward. The main reason Toews gets nominated is the same reason guys like Subban get nominated for post season awards over Chara. The voters have lost sight of what the awards are supposed to really stand for.

Malkin yes, not Crosby. Bergy was in charge of shadowing Crosby 90% of the time this past series and he did so flawlessly. I think he had 1 quality shot-on the entire series and was held pointless. That's unheard of over 4 games.

Funny you should say that, in game 2 (the one I sampled from) Bergeron was on the ice for 21 shifts, Crosby for 22 shifts. Of the 22 shifts Crosby played, Bergeron was on the ice for all or nearly all of those shifts on only 6. Bergeron was on the ice for about half of 4 shifts and the remaining 12 shifts Bergeron was either not on the ice at all or only for a few seconds. I know what you are thinking, because it was in Pittsburgh and the Pens had last change and it was a run away game it is an outlier. So I did game 4 as well.

Crosby played 26 total shifts, Bergeron played 25. For 8 of Crosby's shifts Bergeron was on the ice nearly the entire shift or the entire shift. For 8 shifts Bergeron was on the ice for roughly half the shifts and for 10 shifts Bergeron was not on the ice at all or only for a few seconds.

Clearly he was not 90% responsible for shutting down Crosby, 50% is a generous estimate. In fact if you check the time on ice sheets, you will see that Chara and Seidenberg match much better with Crosby than Bergeron does and interestingly you will notice several shifts where Bergeron got on the ice first and Crosby comes on several seconds later so it doesn't even appear that Bylsma was trying to avoid that matchup.

Beantown Bronco
06-11-2013, 11:40 AM
That is my first post on the subject - see right there in line 1 where I name names?

Which was in response to a post about overall team depth. Not a random sampling of supposed "top 4 guys". Granted it was tombstone that started the depth discussion, not you, but that's what you responded to.

How do you arrive at that conclusion? Quick has a better GAA, more shutouts and better save rate despite playing against much better opposition.

I was exaggerating slightly for effect, but if you read my very next post you'd see I was referencing save %. They were identical in the playoffs.

Ray Finkle
06-11-2013, 12:18 PM
Looks like the Geno extension is getting done pretty soon plus a NMC per Geno's request.

Letang is a trickier deal. PIT believes he wants 7-8M per year. He is the premier offensive dman in the league and is the key to our transition game but he also makes a lot of mental errors. From what I gather they prolly won't go higher than 6 or maybe 6.5 to match Karlsson. He could be moved on draft day like Staal if they can't agree. Don't know what they would want back....prolly a 1st and a decent two way man and a prospect. Fans on LGP are thinking trading him to the Avs for the No.1 overall pick..lol.

Karlsson >>>> Letang.....

he plays defense like a matador.

SoCalBronco
06-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Karlsson >>>> Letang.....

he plays defense like a matador.

Actually sometimes he is pretty decent in his own end....esp with stick work.

Still they cant pay 7-8. Montreal will.

Ray Finkle
06-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Actually sometimes he is pretty decent in his own end....esp with stick work.

Still they cant pay 7-8. Montreal will.

Poti was good with his stick work....

SoCalBronco
06-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Apparently Shero is pushing ownership pretty hard to extend Bylsma's contract.

I just don't get it sometimes. I wanted Tippett real bad.

In better news it appears the Malkin extension is very close...as I mentioned earlier at 10 a year.

OrangeSe7en
06-11-2013, 09:01 PM

In better news it appears the Malkin extension is very close...as I mentioned earlier at 10 a year.

Is that money well spent or does it create a redundancy (since they also have Crosby) at the expense of something else? You can get 2 or 3 really good players for that.

SoCalBronco
06-11-2013, 09:08 PM
Is that money well spent or does it creat a redundancy (since they also have Crosby) at the expense of something else?

I think it's money very well spent. It doesn't guarantee a title obviously but it does guarantee that we will be in contention pretty much every year and we will make of that whatever we earn. These guys have led us to one Cup, one other appearance in the Final and most recently an ECF appearance. All you can ask for is to be in the top group every year and see how it shakes out. You get them both in for another decade or so and I'd be surprised if they don't get to the Final a couple more times during that span and hopefully when they are there they can capitalize on the opportunity.

Does it make things a little tighter cap wise....yes. For example, if Letang insists on 7m or more it means we cannot accommodate him. But as between Malkin and Letang you have to go with Malkin everytime especially when you already have two great puck movers in the system (Despres and Pouliot) and can fetch a very nice ransom for Letang in a draft day trade ala Staal (PIT could get a Top 10 pick, a good prospect and also a decent NHLer as well....possibly more, as defenseman that can rack up points like him dont grow on trees). They can still surround the two big guys with good players just not a third 7m plus player. And Sids cap hit in particular at 8.7 (even tho his actual salary is much larger) is actually very easy to manage and will become even easier during the life of the contract as the cap goes up from 64.

Ray Finkle
06-12-2013, 05:50 AM

Your team is going to be too top heavy.....awesome.

SoCalBronco
06-12-2013, 07:43 AM
Your team is going to be too top heavy.....awesome.

They won't be too top heavy. It's just 2 guys. Our cap position looks good for the next few years. What I'm more concerned about is Shero and Bylsma going to concerts together last night which again suggest he won't be fired.

Beantown Bronco
06-12-2013, 08:20 AM
Our cap position looks good for the next few years.

To be fair, that's due in no small part to not re-signing your best defender and one of your best overall players.

gyldenlove
06-12-2013, 08:29 AM
To be fair, that's due in no small part to not re-signing your best defender and one of your best overall players.

I love the logic - I just lost 75 pounds in a few days (I had to cut off both my legs and an arm).

SoCalBronco
06-12-2013, 09:37 AM

We will see...if Letang can accept 6 we could fit him in.

SoCalBronco
06-12-2013, 09:41 AM
Bylsma and staff extended thru 15-16 season. Only goaltendercoach Meloche won't return.

Your ass is on the firing line now Ray if DB can't get it done. You deserve nothing less if your boyfriend fails again.

Ray says Flower returning as well. I'm hoping that comment is just to preserve bargaining position.

Instead of making excuses giving extensions and going to a Boys II Men/98 Degrees/New Kids on the Block concert with each other (WTF kind of married grown men go to NKOB concerts?)....how bout a little accountability fellas?

Both of those guys are morons. I thought at least Ray was smart....guess not.

Ray Finkle
06-12-2013, 10:54 AM
Bylsma and staff extended thru 15-16 season. Only goaltendercoach Meloche won't return.

Your ass is on the firing line now Ray if DB can't get it done. You deserve nothing less if your boyfriend fails again.

Ray says Flower returning as well. I'm hoping that comment is just to preserve bargaining position.

Instead of making excuses giving extensions and going to a Boys II Men/98 Degrees/New Kids on the Block concert with each other (WTF kind of married grown men go to NKOB concerts?)....how bout a little accountability fellas?

Both of those guys are morons. I thought at least Ray was smart....guess not.

Blysma staying opens the door for AV in NY.....meh.

Beantown Bronco
06-12-2013, 10:59 AM

Kaylore and Dom were talking about going to one together in another thread. I try not to judge.

SoCalBronco
06-12-2013, 11:34 AM
Kaylore and Dom were talking about going to one together in another thread. I try not to judge.

They were going to go to a New Kids on the Block concert.....really?

:)

SoCalBronco
06-12-2013, 11:36 AM
Blysma staying opens the door for AV in NY.....meh.

You're better off with AV over DB.....trust me.

Advantage: Rags

Ray Finkle
06-12-2013, 12:17 PM
You're better off with AV over DB.....trust me.

Advantage: Rags

DB is dealt with a team without defense, a mental midget in goal, and no concept of defensive hockey in the playoffs. Some of that is on him but he's a much better coach than you think.

maher_tyler
06-12-2013, 06:50 PM
Did Pierre McGuire just say something about foreplay on live TV? I think he meant forecheck.

RedskinBronco
06-12-2013, 07:16 PM
Just catching up, sorry SoCal I think it's pretty laughable that Letang was a Norris finalist ;)

This year's finalists was pretty crappy, which I guess is why Subban won it. The best of the 3.

OrangeSe7en
06-12-2013, 07:22 PM
Hossa is so good.

SoCalBronco
06-12-2013, 07:57 PM
Just catching up, sorry SoCal I think it's pretty laughable that Letang was a Norris finalist ;)

This year's finalists was pretty crappy, which I guess is why Subban won it. The best of the 3.

Subban was unworthy as well. Letang actually had better PPG than Subban...altho I think of the Finalists Suter should have won it.

Im going to be royally pissed if Sid doesnt win the Hart. The whole he only played 75 percent of the season argument is not sufficient reason to give it to Ovie because he only played 50 percent of the season. 75>50.

BroncoLifer
06-12-2013, 11:01 PM
It took a double redirect but it's finally over in 3OT. Epic Game 1.

SoCalBronco
06-12-2013, 11:02 PM
Tremendous effort by both teams in Game 1.

Jekyll15Hyde
06-13-2013, 12:32 AM
Overtime, no less three of them, in he Stanley Cup Finals.... It doesnt get much better than that. What an epic game.

canadianbroncosfan
06-13-2013, 07:20 AM
I had to work at 6:30 this morning but it was worth every second. Can't imagine how pissed I'd be right now to be this tired if they'd lost. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. In this case they won!

canadianbroncosfan
06-13-2013, 07:21 AM
I thought after Boston went up 3-1 it was game over. Not that the Hawks don't have the talent, but I figured there was no way they were getting 4 goals against Rask.

Ray Finkle
06-13-2013, 07:34 AM
Subban was unworthy as well. Letang actually had better PPG than Subban...altho I think of the Finalists Suter should have won it.

Im going to be royally pissed if Sid doesnt win the Hart. The whole he only played 75 percent of the season argument is not sufficient reason to give it to Ovie because he only played 50 percent of the season. 75>50.

comparing PPG for defense is a lame stat. A great defensemen plays D first....something neither of those 2 do.

SoCalBronco
06-13-2013, 07:38 AM
PIT has agreed to an 8 year extension for Geno for 76 million (AAV 9.5) and Geno has signed it.

Good job Ray.....makes up for your bull**** from yesterday.....in part.

Ray Finkle
06-13-2013, 07:52 AM
PIT has agreed to an 8 year extension for Geno for 76 million (AAV 9.5) and Geno has signed it.

Good job Ray.....makes up for your bull**** from yesterday.....in part.

mental midgit in goal still....:~ohyah!:

SoCalBronco
06-13-2013, 09:03 AM
mental midgit in goal still....:~ohyah!:

I like the Flower but he does have some issues. I think he will be moved to free up his 5m or maybe bought out. Sounds like Ray really wants to get Letang resigned. If he can keep it to 6.5 we will be OK cap wise cause Orpik will come off the books next summer and Martin the summer after (although Paul was great this year). Most of our D top six the next few years will be homegrown talent from the draft making peanuts (Despres Harrington Pouliot Maata Dumoulin) so they can balance the numbers that way. I think that's why they drafted so much D the last few years for that reason.

gyldenlove
06-13-2013, 09:50 AM
I like the Flower but he does have some issues. I think he will be moved to free up his 5m or maybe bought out. Sounds like Ray really wants to get Letang resigned. If he can keep it to 6.5 we will be OK cap wise cause Orpik will come off the books next summer and Martin the summer after (although Paul was great this year). Most of our D top six the next few years will be homegrown talent from the draft making peanuts (Despres Harrington Pouliot Maata Dumoulin) so they can balance the numbers that way. I think that's why they drafted so much D the last few years for that reason.

Wow, this new deal is going to make it REALLY tight keeping Letang - right now they have 33 million dollars tied up in 5 players next season, that is more than half the cap - if they resign Letang at 6.5 that is nearly 40 million in 6 players leaving about 25 million for the remaining 16 (an average of less than 1.5 million per player.

SoCalBronco
06-13-2013, 10:38 AM
Wow, this new deal is going to make it REALLY tight keeping Letang - right now they have 33 million dollars tied up in 5 players next season, that is more than half the cap - if they resign Letang at 6.5 that is nearly 40 million in 6 players leaving about 25 million for the remaining 16 (an average of less than 1.5 million per player.

Your math is deceptive. If you include Letang at 6.5 actually when his deal would kick in you have only 29.7m not 40 tied up in big deals. Flower will not be here at 5 at that point. And Martin will be in his last year at 5....and that is still included at 29.7.

Anyway in a trade I think they could get a Top 10 pick a good prospect and a halfway decent defender.

24champ
06-13-2013, 10:54 AM
Future of the Coyotes will be decided real soon. I don't see how they end up staying in Phoenix. Seattle or Quebec are the landing spots.

Tombstone RJ
06-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Another Canadian team would be great, get the Nordiques back?

Kid A
06-14-2013, 09:23 AM
http://i.minus.com/iblwY2rc1cjEE.gif

ludo21
06-14-2013, 04:27 PM
Future of the Coyotes will be decided real soon. I don't see how they end up staying in Phoenix. Seattle or Quebec are the landing spots.

i saw this morning in the azrepublic as well.

stupid glendale trying to be pushy... hate to lose the team, but its "whatevs" to most of us here.

gyldenlove
06-14-2013, 05:09 PM
Your math is deceptive. If you include Letang at 6.5 actually when his deal would kick in you have only 29.7m not 40 tied up in big deals. Flower will not be here at 5 at that point. And Martin will be in his last year at 5....and that is still included at 29.7.

Anyway in a trade I think they could get a Top 10 pick a good prospect and a halfway decent defender.

I am counting Crosby, Neal, Malkin, Fleury and Martin which gets me to 33 mill, if I add Letang at 6.5 that takes it to nearly 40.

gyldenlove
06-14-2013, 05:12 PM

Assume they want to trade Fleury, the alternatives are Ryan Miller (who will be expensive), Backstrom (who hasn't exactly been stellar in the playoffs) or Mike Smith who has been very up and down. Alternatively you can trade Fleury for not a whole lot and use whatever you get in return plus a 1st round pick or top prospect to trade for Bernier (plus the 4 million per year he would command).

24champ
06-14-2013, 05:22 PM
Cindy Crosby gets no awards.

Maurice Rocket award- Ovie
Art Ross- St. Louis
Lady Byng- St. Louis
Selke- Toews

Small consolation prize for SoCal....GM of the Year goes to Ray Shero.

SoCalBronco
06-14-2013, 06:30 PM
Cindy Crosby gets no awards.

Maurice Rocket award- Ovie
Art Ross- St. Louis
Lady Byng- St. Louis
Selke- Toews

Small consolation prize for SoCal....GM of the Year goes to Ray Shero.

They only announced half the awards today 24.

Hart and Lindsay are tomorrow. He should win both unless they want to reward laziness then Ovie will win. I wonder what would happen if I did quality work half the time in my job....prolly would get fired. TSN thinks Ovechkin won the Hart. Hopefully the writers weren't that irresponsible but its the media so you never know. Thanks for being a douchebag Brooks Orpik.

Lestat
06-14-2013, 06:50 PM

unless the Leafs allow Toronto to have another team i don't see them going for another Canadian city. Seattle more than likely will get the team.

SoCalBronco
06-15-2013, 12:09 PM
Looks like they gave Ovechkin the Hart what a joke. Maybe the Lindsay as well. Lindsay I can't fathom. Crosby is the consensus choice....there isn't even an argument there. I don't get that at all....that wasn't even up for debate.

****ing piece of **** Orpik. You cost Sid 3 trophies. Buy that b**** out. Its not enough that he is worthless...he has to go further. **** him. Just leave Brooks. Just ****ing pass away already.

RedskinBronco
06-15-2013, 02:26 PM
Looks like they gave Ovechkin the Hart what a joke. Maybe the Lindsay as well. Lindsay I can't fathom. Crosby is the consensus choice....there isn't even an argument there. I don't get that at all....that wasn't even up for debate.

****ing piece of **** Orpik. You cost Sid 3 trophies. Buy that b**** out. Its not enough that he is worthless...he has to go further. **** him. Just leave Brooks. Just ****ing pass away already.

LOL ;)

I love your rants

RedskinBronco
06-15-2013, 02:27 PM
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 1h
Rangers players had a say in the decision to release Tortorella. They did had a say in the decision on Alain Vigneault being the next coach.

I thought Torts was so loved by the players and the organization. Makes you go hmmm

Ray Finkle
06-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 1h
Rangers players had a say in the decision to release Tortorella. They did had a say in the decision on Alain Vigneault being the next coach.

I thought Torts was so loved by the players and the organization. Makes you go hmmm

A request was made by Sather and Tirts refused to budge from his stance, that's the reason. The requests?

It dealt with system chane and a reliance on more of their young talent coming up.

Player views had little to do. Same as the hiring of AV, otherwise Mess would have been hired.

RedskinBronco
06-15-2013, 02:59 PM
A request was made by Sather and Tirts refused to budge from his stance, that's the reason. The requests?

It dealt with system chane and a reliance on more of their young talent coming up.

Player views had little to do. Same as the hiring of AV, otherwise Mess would have been hired.

I'll take Lavoie at his word, he's one of the best in the business.

Saying that Torts isn't high on young players is stating the obvious. His style is one of being tough and expecting a lot of discipline, something that is a bit of a learning curve for most young players. We saw Kreider have issues with this as an example.

When you have a coach that expects as much as Torts does, it wears thin if you are not winning or generating anything. I'm sure players were frustrated that they were sacrificing to the max only to watch the opponent play in their zone all the time and taking a beating with no real chance to advance.

The young players thing is an excuse. Everyone and their mom knows Torts is not fond of young guys due to their bonehead plays from time to time and lack of discipline, 2 things that make Torts AWOL.

It was just time. It's human nature for guys giving that much to finally turn on Torts. He's just the type that can't last very long wherever he goes. I actually think he lasted pretty long in NY by his standards.

Lestat
06-15-2013, 03:08 PM

it's not Ovie's fault that Sidney is fragile like a piece of glass.
don't hate :strong: #Ovierules

SoCalBronco
06-15-2013, 03:52 PM
it's not Ovie's fault that Sidney is fragile like a piece of glass.
don't hate :strong: #Ovierules

He is so unworthy it makes me sick. Dude plays like **** for half the year and stupid writers think he is more valuable cause he led them back into it? Whose ****ing fault was it that they were in that hole to begin with?

This is such a garbage argument. One guy misses HALF the year because he SUCKS and his one great half is more important than a guy who is great for
THREE QUARTERS of the year and he is out because some douchebag teammate shoots a puck at him? How is that fair.

And he won the Lindsay too? How is that possible? All the dbags who made the MVP doesn't mean best player argument have to at least concede the Lindsey but the morons in the NHLPA apparently are on cocaine. That wasn't even in dispute that he was far better than Ovie this year. The Lindsay wasn't even in dispute.

This whole process is a sham. It taints the whole thing.

The one good thing about this is now I can be a ****off at work half the time and I won't be denied a promotion. I'll have some precedent to take to the personnel board as to why I should still get it.

****ing morons. Because of one douchebag Sid got robbed of 3 awards. It's not enough that you ****ing suck and started that stupid whisper thing a few years ago Brooksie. You had to go further, you are a traitor to your captain. You were before when you questioned his C anonymously and you did it again.

Sid needs to order that Orpik be bout out. Order it done. Get out you ****ing piece of ****. Get the **** out. Get out or you might accidently get a skate to the wrong area. Revenge.....it's coming bitch.

gyldenlove
06-15-2013, 04:01 PM
He is so unworthy it makes me sick. Dude plays like **** for half the year and stupid writers think he is more valuable cause he led them back into it? Whose ****ing fault was it that they were in that hole to begin with?

This is such a garbage argument. One guy misses HALF the year because he SUCKS and his one great half is more important than a guy who is great for
THREE QUARTERS of the year and he is out because some douchebag teammate shoots a puck at him? How is that fair.

And he won the Lindsay too? How is that possible? All the dbags who made the MVP doesn't mean best player argument have to at least concede the Lindsey but the morons in the NHLPA apparently are on cocaine. That wasn't even in dispute that he was far better than Ovie this year. The Lindsay wasn't even in dispute.

The one good thing about this is now I can be a ****off at work half the time and I won't be denied a promotion. I'll have some precedent to take to the personnel board as to why I should still get it.

****ing morons. Because of one douchebag Sid got robbed of 3 awards. It's not enough that you ****ing suck and started that stupid whisper thing a few years ago Brooksie. You had to go further, you are a traitor to your captain. You were before when you questioned his C anonymously and you did it again.

Sid needs to order that Orpik be bout out. Order it done. Get out you ****ing piece of ****. Get the **** out. Get out or you might accidently get a skate to the wrong area. Revenge.....it's coming b****.

Ovechkin is MUCH more valuable to the Caps than Crosby is to the Penguins - it is not even close. Ovechkin deserved the MVP and if the Blue Jackets had the made the playoffs Crosby shouldn't even have been a finalist for the Hart trophy.

I think there is a very valid argument to be made that Crosby deserves the Lindsay, he was the best player in the league this year.

As for the scoring title, if you can't stay healthy you can't win it - them is the rules of the game. If it was a fluke injury and Crosby had a long history of being healthy I would feel bad, but Crosby has NEVER played a full season and in half the seasons he has played he has missed at least 33% of the regular season. In 8 seasons he has missed 152 games, that is nearly 2 full regular seasons or 25% of the games he could have played in.

turbodaze
06-15-2013, 04:11 PM
Any Winnipeg Jets fans in here?

I'm assuming not?

SoCalBronco
06-15-2013, 04:16 PM
Ovechkin is MUCH more valuable to the Caps than Crosby is to the Penguins - it is not even close. Ovechkin deserved the MVP and if the Blue Jackets had the made the playoffs Crosby shouldn't even have been a finalist for the Hart trophy.

I think there is a very valid argument to be made that Crosby deserves the Lindsay, he was the best player in the league this year.

As for the scoring title, if you can't stay healthy you can't win it - them is the rules of the game. If it was a fluke injury and Crosby had a long history of being healthy I would feel bad, but Crosby has NEVER played a full season and in half the seasons he has played he has missed at least 33% of the regular season. In 8 seasons he has missed 152 games, that is nearly 2 full regular seasons or 25% of the games he could have played in.

No he isn't. He was the principal reason they struggled the first half of the year...how valuable was that to the team?

Answer me...how valuable was that to his team? He ****ing created that hole. So he was able to clean up his own **** up..he deserves a medal?

WTF is this...the special Olympics?

GTFOOH with that nonsense.

SoCalBronco
06-15-2013, 04:19 PM
I want Orpik to pay for this. You ****ing traitor. You better pay for this. You didn't pay for the whisper thing...you are going to pay for this. Get rid of him Ray. Get ****ing rid of him.

Hercules Rockefeller
06-15-2013, 04:25 PM
No he isn't. He was the principal reason they struggled the first half of the year...how valuable was that to the team?

Answer me...how valuable was that to his team? He ****ing created that hole. So he was able to clean up his own **** up..he deserves a medal?

No, he wasn't. The entire team struggled adapting to the new system Oates implemented without a real training camp before the start of the regular season.

IIRC, the Devils and Ilya also struggled two seasons ago when they implemented a similar system (with Oates as an AC), before they also turned things around once the players got experience in it.

SoCalBronco
06-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Herc everyone had a short camp this year and several teams had new systems with with new coaches. Give me a break.

Look you apparently won both....props to you....I don't see it as legit and I never will. Just let it be...we will never agree.

24champ
06-15-2013, 04:44 PM
Congrats to Ovie.

Ovie, Stamkos, Malkin are the top 3 players in the league. IMO.

SoCalBronco
06-15-2013, 04:45 PM
Congrats to Ovie.

Ovie, Stamkos, Malkin are the top 3 players in the league. IMO.

Christ....

gyldenlove
06-15-2013, 04:54 PM

Incredibly valuable, when he plays bad the team plays bad, when he plays good the team plays good. Without Ovechkin playing at his best the team is garbage. The Penguins won more games without Crosby than they did with Crosby, in fact he has negative value for his team.

Lestat
06-15-2013, 04:55 PM

Sid needs to order that Orpik be bout out. Order it done. Get out you ****ing piece of ****. Get the **** out. Get out or you might accidently get a skate to the wrong area. Revenge.....it's coming b****.

Ovie was the MVP. Sidney has a great start to the season but he wasn't there when it mattered down the stretch when Ovie was.

SoCalBronco
06-15-2013, 05:00 PM
Incredibly valuable, when he plays bad the team plays bad, when he plays good the team plays good. Without Ovechkin playing at his best the team is garbage. The Penguins won more games without Crosby than they did with Crosby, in fact he has negative value for his team.

8 or 9 is more than 27 or 28? PIT was like .777 with him and .666 without him. Is .666 better than .777? In what world is .666 better than .777 and in what world is 8 a greater number of wins than 28?

Seriously if you are going to just make up objectively false ****, just ****ing stop.

I can make up objectively false stuff too. The sky is red. There.

Yes...a guy who averages over 1.5 ppg and is a way way plus player has negative value. I know you aren't this stupid, so I'm guessing you are trolling to get a reaction. Yes?

SoCalBronco
06-15-2013, 05:18 PM
Crosby wins Lindsay.

Still pissed about the Hart.

SoCalBronco
06-15-2013, 05:41 PM
Thanks alot Brooks. Hope you get your own comeuppance soon enough.

Helene Elliot of the LA Times is going to get an angry email. Stupid ****.

Hercules Rockefeller
06-15-2013, 06:12 PM
To break things down over the 8 seasons since the lockout:

Ovechkin
5-Time 1st Team All-Star (assuming #6 this season)
1 2nd Team All-Star
3 Hart Trophies
3 Pearson/Lindsey Trophies
3 Richards
1 Art Ross
Calder Trophy

Malkin
3-Time 1st Team All-Star
1 Hart
1 Lindsey
2 Art Ross
Conn Smythe Trophy
Calder Trophy

Crosby
1 1st Team All-Star (would assume #2 this season)
1 2nd Team All-Star
1 Hart
2 Pearson/Lindsey
1 Art Ross
1 Richard

We should all congratulate Sid tonight, the Generational Talent still has the second best resume on his own team, but he's gaining on Malkin.

SoCalBronco
06-15-2013, 06:38 PM
Lol. Herc has to rely on injuries to win. I'm waiting for him to win something other than the Richard without external help.

Oh and you left out the Cup and the Golden Goal.

I applaud Alex for making it to the second round a couple times. Studly.

Hercules Rockefeller
06-15-2013, 06:41 PM
I believe I congratulated Malkin with the Conn Smythe acknowledgement. So that was pointed out. Sorry it wasn't Generational Sid that came through with that one.

And people would acknowledge the injuries, if it WASN'T SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED EVERY ****ING SEASON.

SoCalBronco
06-15-2013, 06:52 PM
I believe I congratulated Malkin with the Conn Smythe acknowledgement. So that was pointed out. Sorry it wasn't Generational Sid that came through with that one.

And people would acknowledge the injuries, if it WASN'T SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED EVERY ****ING SEASON.

Yeah he didn't contribute anything to that Cup....what was I thinking. 31 points in a playoff tournament sucks. Dude especially sucked against the Caps....in Game 7 in particular. But yeah let's kill him cause he and Zetterberg neutralized each other. When you can even get to a single Final or ECF....ill take your argument more seriously. What's next Bob giving dating advice?

And yes the injuries seem to happen every year. Its heartbreaking but nothing can be done about it.