PDA

View Full Version : 2012-2013 General NHL Hockey Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

RedskinBronco
04-03-2013, 03:19 PM
Little sid is gonna get lit up the moment he steps back on the ice. Especially if its in the palyoffs.
Who got suspended for hitting him with the puck in the mouth? I know it was one of his own guys, but i am sure the league suspended him for it. I mean its sidney crosby for crying out loud.

No doubt. I don't know how often you watch pens games, but everyone lets up near Crosby.

I think I've mentioned before there has to be some "recommendation" letter sent out by the league implying that no one had better touch the golden boy.

Of course, only the Flyers disobey because that's naturally what they do. They have a "**** you NHL, you need us more than we need you" attitude and I respect them for it lol.

The league isn't stupid, they know the flyers are a cash cow for the league.

RedskinBronco
04-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Kings made some low-key moves.

Acquired Robyn Regehr from Buffalo for 2 2nd round picks in 2014 and 2015.

Traded away Drewiske to Montreal for a 5th round pick in 2013.

I like both moves for both teams.

Regehr will do well in LA. In buffalo, they play a cluster**** system with no defense. That's why Miller gets pelted.

I have seen Drewiske play a few times. I like his game and I think Montreal did well in this trade. LA won't miss a beat as they are deep on D, but I think Drewiske has some good potential

Lestat
04-03-2013, 04:40 PM
wow, McPhee is a dumb ass. you trade a player you got as a gift because Sherman was too stupid to lotto protect the pick and then you flip him for Erat? so you traded Varlamov for Erat?

wow, just wow.

i did like that the Avs got some 2014 value out of O'Byrne. finally got rid of some dead weight and opens up a spot for both Barrie and Elliot to play full time at the NHL level.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-03-2013, 05:15 PM
I hate McPhee. I hate McPhee. I hate McPhee.

Forsberg was the most valuable item traded at the deadline by any team and Erat wasn't close to the best return.

God, they'll win the weak SE and we'll get another year of him at least.

Ray Finkle
04-03-2013, 05:33 PM
I hate McPhee. I hate McPhee. I hate McPhee.

Forsberg was the most valuable item traded at the deadline by any team and Erat wasn't close to the best return.

God, they'll win the weak SE and we'll get another year of him at least.

That's such a bad trade, I had to double check when I read that.

SoCalBronco
04-03-2013, 05:34 PM
I think they were going to win the SE regardless. Winnipeg has looked like crap in every semi-big game lately and Carolina doesn't look good either. Washington is already playing at a high level recently...they may get some help from this but I wouldn't have sacrificed Forsberg. They will get the 3 seed either way.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-03-2013, 05:38 PM
It reeks of desperation, but I think his job was safe anyway. The way they're playing now, they'll make the playoffs and Ted will be happy for the playoff revenue.

McPhee can't build a team to go to the next level, but Ted doesn't seem to care as long as they make the playoffs.

maher_tyler
04-03-2013, 05:44 PM
wow, McPhee is a dumb ass. you trade a player you got as a gift because Sherman was too stupid to lotto protect the pick and then you flip him for Erat? so you traded Varlamov for Erat?

wow, just wow.

i did like that the Avs got some 2014 value out of O'Byrne. finally got rid of some dead weight and opens up a spot for both Barrie and Elliot to play full time at the NHL level.

To bad we still have Hunwick, Zannon, O'Brien and of course Sacco. So glad we got rid of this clown though.

24champ
04-03-2013, 08:41 PM
Penguins get blown out by the Rangers. 6-1.

http://www.bauer.com/cms-media/11/01/10773-BAUER-live-main-default-imagedata.jpg

Aftermath
04-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Erat for Forsberg was pretty bad, although Erat is underrated.

Clowe went HAM tonight. I wanted him on the Flyers but I would have gave a 2nd and 3rd.

Really happy for CBJ as they get Gaborik. I hope they turn it around, their new GM is a draft genius.

Happy for Minny too, They get Pommer but overpaid. They only should have gave one of Larsson/1st. Pommer is severely underrated. If Flyers miss playoffs I'm rooting for them.

Must suck to be a Dallas fan, your in the playoff hunt and trade away Jagr, Morrow, and Roy. I do like the returns but when do you actually go for it?

I'd hate to be a Wings fan too. I hope Datsyuk leaves for Russia next year. They don't deserve him.

Don't know what to think about Bishop for Conacher trade.... That one shocked me. I think Conacher is a 55 pt player tops and I have no clue about Bishop. It seems like every goalie the Sens have does good which is the opposite of any Philly goalie.

Oh ya the Flyers get Chris Mason errr Steve... Whatever woohoo..

RedskinBronco
04-03-2013, 08:44 PM
It reeks of desperation, but I think his job was safe anyway. The way they're playing now, they'll make the playoffs and Ted will be happy for the playoff revenue.

McPhee can't build a team to go to the next level, but Ted doesn't seem to care as long as they make the playoffs.

That's the only justification really. I think he was basically told "make the playoffs or you are gone"

I'm not opposed to trading Forsberg but for Erat?! All those years, they refused to give a Carlson, Johansson, Alzner or Varlamov for someone like Pronger but yet they give up Forsberg for Erat? It's a joke.

Putting all the bits and pieces I have heard together; this is totally ownership intervening. Mcphee would not pull this kind of deal without pressure.

This is Ted with "get me in the playoffs" pressure. Leonsis is the real moron in all of this. Anyways it's Dick Patrick who has veto power/no go on the deals. Dick Patrick is the clown that vetoed a caps trade for Iginla a couple of years back.

With the Nationals taking over the town and RGIII right around the corner in a Redskins first town, Leonsis is feeling the heat. He should have been ALL IN when he had the teams to do it in 2008-2011

Aftermath
04-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Oh and how sick is STL defense now???? Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, and Bouwmeester??? Damn, too bad Halak is now out 3 weeks.....

Aftermath
04-03-2013, 08:46 PM
That's the only justification really. I think he was basically told "make the playoffs or you are gone"

I'm not opposed to trading Forsberg but for Erat?! All those years, they refused to give a Carlson, Johansson, Alzner or Varlamov for someone like Pronger but yet they give up Forsberg for Erat? It's a joke.

Putting all the bits and pieces I have heard together; this is totally ownership intervening. Mcphee would not pull this kind of deal without pressure.

This is Ted with "get me in the playoffs" pressure. Leonsis is the real moron in all of this. Anyways it's Dick Patrick who has veto power/no go on the deals. Dick Patrick is the clown that vetoed a caps trade for Iginla a couple of years back.

With the Nationals taking over the town and RGIII right around the corner in a Redskins first town, Leonsis is feeling the heat. He should have been ALL IN when he had the teams to do it in 2008-2011

I would have gave Tom Wilson..

24champ
04-03-2013, 08:49 PM

Clowe went HAM tonight. I wanted him on the Flyers but I would have gave a 2nd and 3rd.

Really happy for CBJ as they get Gaborik. I hope they turn it around, their new GM is a draft genius.

Happy for Minny too, They get Pommer but overpaid. They only should have gave one of Larsson/1st. Pommer is severely underrated. If Flyers miss playoffs I'm rooting for them.

Must suck to be a Dallas fan, your in the playoff hunt and trade away Jagr, Morrow, and Roy. I do like the returns but when do you actually go for it?

I'd hate to be a Wings fan too. I hope Datsyuk leaves for Russia next year. They don't deserve him.

Don't know what to think about Bishop for Conacher trade.... That one shocked me. I think Conacher is a 55 pt player tops and I have no clue about Bishop. It seems like every goalie the Sens have does good which is the opposite of any Philly goalie.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the flyers dump bryz and trade with LA for Bernier at the draft. A mason/Bernier tandem would be much cheaper and better for the flyers.

RedskinBronco
04-03-2013, 09:03 PM
I would have gave Tom Wilson..

That would have been worse. Tom Wilson is pretty much untouchable. The caps need more players like him; a legit SCORING top 6 power forward.

He almost made the team out of training camp.

My guess is Mcphee tried to unload Kuznetsov but Nashville wouldn't have any of it due to their experience with Radulov and now the half assing Kost-it-syn.

Nashville is done with russian players IMO

edit: the only hope from caps perspective is that Erat was a pretty consistent ~50 pt player in offensively challenged Nashville. Maybe that equates to 70-80 pts in a more O-ffensive system

edit: btw, I think I read during the draft that the flyers were waiting to draft Wilson but the caps snatched him up right before. Makes sense, Wilson is the prototypical Flyers type player

Aftermath
04-03-2013, 09:14 PM
That would have been worse. Tom Wilson is pretty much untouchable. The caps need more players like him; a legit SCORING top 6 power forward.

My guess is Mcphee tried to unload Kuznetsov but Nashville wouldn't have any of it due to their experience with Radulov and now the half assing Kost-it-syn.

edit: the only hope from caps perspective is that Erat was a pretty consistent ~50 pt player in offensively challenged Nashville. Maybe that equates to 70-80 pts in a more O-ffensive system

edit: btw, I think I read during the draft that the flyers were waiting to draft Wilson but the caps snatched him up right before. Makes sense, Wilson is the prototypical Flyers type player

Yes I like Wilson. But I like Forsberg and Kuznetsov more. Wilson would be sick on the Flyers tho.

Aftermath
04-03-2013, 09:27 PM
Supposedly the Flyers offer for Bishop was Rinaldo + a 2nd.... And that if they got Bishop they would probably buy out Bryzgalov. I'm not sure about that last part. I love Rinaldo, he's one of the best agitators in the game, kind of glad the trade didn't happen but it would have been crazy if they did get Bishop!

Hercules Rockefeller
04-03-2013, 09:54 PM

Kuz would have been worse. He's said he's coming over after the Olympics and his contract with Traktor (I think that's who he's with) is up.

The wait is gonna be worth it.

RedskinBronco
04-04-2013, 06:01 AM
Kuz would have been worse. He's said he's coming over after the Olympics and his contract with Traktor (I think that's who he's with) is up.

The wait is gonna be worth it.

I sure hope so, I started getting skeptical of him coming over after his comments last year.

I know he has to cater to the Russian media and if you read about it, seems like Russian Hockey Federation is holding him hostage "You stay here or no Sochi Olympics for you"

I'm really not sure; I guess we will find out after the olympics. Also, the KHL is nothing like the NHL and I hope he's ready for the smaller ice surface and more aggressive play.

BroncosSR
04-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Supposedly the Flyers offer for Bishop was Rinaldo + a 2nd.... And that if they got Bishop they would probably buy out Bryzgalov. I'm not sure about that last part. I love Rinaldo, he's one of the best agitators in the game, kind of glad the trade didn't happen but it would have been crazy if they did get Bishop!

I still think Bryz is probably gone after the season.

There's no way they spend 9 million in net. Hopefully Mason gets a 10 game tryout.

I mean, Bryz did just duck out of the way of a shot.

RedskinBronco
04-04-2013, 11:29 AM
McPhee said in a radio interview today that Tom Wilson was an untouchable

There you have it lol

RedskinBronco
04-04-2013, 11:33 AM
Bryz will get amnesty for sure

Ray Finkle
04-04-2013, 01:14 PM
Sorry Socal....Sid may have concussion symptoms....

http://tracking.si.com/2013/04/04/sidney-crosby-likely-out-for-season/?sct=uk_t2_a3

24champ
04-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Could be the end of Crosby's career. Unfortunately.

24champ
04-04-2013, 02:06 PM

http://tracking.si.com/2013/04/04/sidney-crosby-likely-out-for-season/?sct=uk_t2_a3

Btw the report is bogus.

chadta
04-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Btw the report is bogus.

bogus or not, a guy with concussion history, broken jaw, is going to have symptoms, ask JR

gyldenlove
04-04-2013, 02:58 PM

The Red Wings are rebuilding, it is a testament to the coaching of Babcock that they can remain in contention even while doing it. Not getting Suter in the summer triggered a rebuild.

No reason to throw away picks in a strong draft or prospects to get rental players for a playoff run that doesn't matter. It is not like the team has to make the playoffs because they are finally in the hunt.

Swedish Extrovert
04-04-2013, 05:35 PM
keep your damn hands off Jones! he belongs to the Avs!

It makes so much sene that Seth Jones would play for the Avs. This is possibly the Avs worst season ever, and they could very well have the 1st overall pick in the draft. He grew up in Denver and was mentored by Joe Sakic.

He probably doesn't have an opinion, but you have to think in the back of his mind, Jones wants to play for the Avs.

I guarantee the Avs will grab him if they get a chance.

SoCalBronco
04-04-2013, 05:46 PM

That's been debunked already from people inside and also media outside the organization. Nice try. You should know better than to rely on a single Philly reporter.

Ray Finkle
04-04-2013, 06:16 PM
That's been debunked already from people inside and also media outside the organization. Nice try. You should know better than to rely on a single Philly reporter.

Philly is only good for cheese steaks and strippers.....

Lestat
04-04-2013, 07:14 PM
It makes so much sene that Seth Jones would play for the Avs. This is possibly the Avs worst season ever, and they could very well have the 1st overall pick in the draft. He grew up in Denver and was mentored by Joe Sakic.

He probably doesn't have an opinion, but you have to think in the back of his mind, Jones wants to play for the Avs.

I guarantee the Avs will grab him if they get a chance.

Jones,EJ,Barrie,Elliot,Hejda,Siemens,Hunwick would go a long way towards fixing the issues on D.

plus with Joey Hison back on the ice we have another dynamic C in the pipeline where we can potentially move Stastny in a year or two.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-04-2013, 08:12 PM
Boom! Erat trade pays off in one game. Despite being tied for the 9th most points in the East, the Caps are now the 3 seed!

That's so sad the SE is that bad this season.

RedskinBronco
04-04-2013, 08:21 PM
Boom! Erat trade pays off in one game. Despite being tied for the 9th most points in the East, the Caps are now the 3 seed!

That's so sad the SE is that bad this season.

I hope they don't embarrass themselves if they get in. EVERYONE will be disrespecting the "3 seed."

The east has so much parity, that all you have to do is get in and you never know. The game tonight should have never got to OT, way too conservative in the 3rd sitting back on the lead.

I do get the feeling that if they do get in, they will do some damage with everyone disrespecting the SE division "winner"

Toronto would be the perfect 1st round opponent lol

RedskinBronco
04-04-2013, 08:23 PM
LOL @ Howard Eskin.

As much as I get on the pens and Crosby, Eskin is a tool

edit: If Eskin ends up being right, I'll eat crow but I wouldn't expect Crosby to have a concussion based off that puck to the jaw. If that's the case, he needs to retire.

Beantown Bronco
04-05-2013, 06:52 AM
Boom! Erat trade pays off in one game.

Same with Jagr. First game with the B's and he scores the only goal of the game. I'll take it! Both goalies were just insane last night.

Should be getting a few guys back healthy in the next week or so for the stretch run. Hopefully Bergeron is among them. We really need him healthy for the playoffs.

They had an interesting stat in the B's game last night with regard to the shortened season/crammed schedule and injuries. B's have only had 5 guys play in every game. They didn't show every team, but I'd be curious to see what the average is right now.

RedskinBronco
04-05-2013, 07:11 AM
They didn't show every team, but I'd be curious to see what the average is right now.

It's been pretty bad league wide. I guess this shortened season is a great counter argument to the people that say "82 games is too many."

162 might be a lot for baseball but in hockey, it's pretty clear guys drop like flies when playing this much hockey in such a short time.

Most teams have missed on average 5 or so guys all the time. A lot of guys are out across the league

chadta
04-05-2013, 02:18 PM
They didn't show every team, but I'd be curious to see what the average is right now.

philly has used 11 different D men and 4 goalies once mason plays a game, the goalie carousel is nothing new to flyer fans tho

SoCalBronco
04-05-2013, 08:42 PM
LMAO James Neal has a concussion now.

Ray Finkle
04-06-2013, 07:19 AM

And the entire Rangers team has been suspended for the hit (little known suck up to Mario rule).

Matt Cooke is still a giant douche.

DivineLegion
04-07-2013, 12:56 PM

How is that funny?

SoCalBronco
04-07-2013, 01:06 PM
How is that funny?

It's not funny...it's frustrating that everyone is getting hurt at the worst possible time. It's like it never ends....that's what the lmao was for.

Letang Martin Crosby Neal....and while Geno is back in the lineup he doesn't look like himself.

Beantown Bronco
04-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Yup. Lockouts suck. Even when they're over and we're back to playing games, the effects linger. I almost feel bad for whoever wins it all this year. Even just advancing to the conference finals is going to have an effect on those four teams come next season, given the extra short layoff this summer. Bodies need a real offseason to heal.

BroncosSR
04-07-2013, 03:29 PM
It's not funny...it's frustrating that everyone is getting hurt at the worst possible time. It's like it never ends....that's what the lmao was for.

Letang Martin Crosby Neal....and while Geno is back in the lineup he doesn't look like himself.

Please, 4/6 of our top defenseman haven't played in weeks. Maybe if you guys lose another player, you could get the top pick again. I'm sure Gary could arrange that.

24champ
04-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Yup. Lockouts suck. Even when they're over and we're back to playing games, the effects linger. I almost feel bad for whoever wins it all this year. Even just advancing to the conference finals is going to have an effect on those four teams come next season, given the extra short layoff this summer. Bodies need a real offseason to heal.

Has the NHL decided on sending NHL players to Sochi next season?

Won't be a true regular season until the 2014-15 season.

Aftermath
04-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Neal deserves it. Maybe he quit being such a dirty player now. He was scum of the earth in that Flyers playoff series last year. He doesn't deserve a concussion but definitely deserved something.

Aftermath
04-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Crosby too. That little sob broke Girouxs wrists in the playoffs too.
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/27/giroux-on-surgically-repaired-wrists-those-are-from-crosby/

The Cindy said he wasn't sorry of course. The Pens deserve everything they get. Of course they don't get suspensions from the league but I don't mind seeing them get hurt at all. Matt Cooke is a piece of trash.

Requiem
04-07-2013, 04:47 PM
Such whiners, lol.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-07-2013, 05:16 PM
8's on fire, scored #24 already tonight. He's just a goal back of Stamkos now.

24champ
04-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Kings to play a game in Dodger stadium next season as part of Hockey Day in America.

Aftermath
04-07-2013, 05:37 PM
8's on fire, scored #24 already tonight. He's just a goal back of Stamkos now.

Backstrom is an incredible passer and puck handler. I live watching him. I got Backstrom and Ovey on my fantasy team. They have been just racking up points for me.

BroncosSR
04-07-2013, 06:09 PM
Neal deserves it. Maybe he quit being such a dirty player now. He was scum of the earth in that Flyers playoff series last year. He doesn't deserve a concussion but definitely deserved something.

Neal is a complete and dirty scumbag player. He's as dirty as they come and any Pens fan that denies that is full of crap.

RedskinBronco
04-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Neal is a complete and dirty scumbag player. He's as dirty as they come and any Pens fan that denies that is full of crap.

Agreed 100%

RedskinBronco
04-07-2013, 08:29 PM
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, Ovechkin's "demise" has been greatly exaggerated ;)

Here come the Washington Ovechkins lol. See how much more dangerous that line is when he doesn't have grinders like Beagle and Crabb.

And the triple team on 8 doesn't work when Backstrom decides he wants to play like an elite center.

SoCalBronco
04-07-2013, 08:42 PM
Washington will be the 3 seed for sure. They are playing hotter than anyone right now.

DivineLegion
04-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Washington will be the 3 seed for sure. They are playing hotter than anyone right now.

That, and the entire SE rolled over and died.

Canes went from being the 6th best team in the NHL (W/L'wise) to losing 11 of 10, and making a serious case for a top 5 pick in the draft. We've had our injuries like everyone else, but all of the sudden this team lost its fight. Maybe Cam Ward is more of a leader than I thought, or maybe Staal isn't one, whatever it is that's ailing this team is really killing my Hockey buzz. I'm even starting to worry that its Kurk Muller.

Winnipeg has a soft schedule for the remainder of the season, but they are solely dependent on Pavelec. If he's cold so go the Jets, if hes hot so go the Jets; this might help them fight for the 8 seed, but its not going to propel them against a surging Caps team.

The Lighting are their own worst enemy every time they take the ice. They are 6 points back, but still a dangerous group. It will be interesting to see if they can string something together, I think they missed their opportunity though.

The Caps are looking like the team everyone was expecting to own the SE this season, it just took them 30 games to get it together. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that they are where they are right now.

RedskinBronco
04-07-2013, 09:00 PM

They should now, but WPG has an easy schedule. It's actually a little easier than the caps who still have 2 @MTL, vs. OTT, vs, BOS on the schedule. Still no excuse given that they have 6 of last 9 at home and 1 game in hand on Winnipeg.

The team that I think is most dangerous right now? The rangers. I am honestly still shaking my head that Columbus sent that package for the soft Gaborik. They just helped out the Rangers immensely.

Looks like I may have been right on NJ and Philly missing this year. It will be tough for either of those 2 to catch NYI or NYR and I think Ottawa had a big enough cushion where they will hold on.

I think these are the 8, the only potential change I could see is 3 seed if the caps get nonchalant again...

RedskinBronco
04-07-2013, 09:05 PM
That, and the entire SE rolled over and died.

Canes went from being the 6th best team in the NHL (W/L'wise) to losing 11 of 10, and making a serious case for a top 5 pick in the draft. We've had our injuries like everyone else, but all of the sudden this team lost its fight. Maybe Cam Ward is more of a leader than I thought, or maybe Staal isn't one, whatever it is that's ailing this team is really killing my Hockey buzz. I'm even starting to worry that its Kurk Muller.

Winnipeg has a soft schedule for the remainder of the season, but they are solely dependent on Pavelec. If he's cold so go the Jets, if hes hot so go the Jets; this might help them fight for the 8 seed, but its not going to propel them against a surging Caps team.

The Lighting are their own worst enemy every time they take the ice. They are 6 points back, but still a dangerous group. It will be interesting to see if they can string something together, I think they missed their opportunity though.

The Caps are looking like the team everyone was expecting to own the SE this season, it just took them 30 games to get it together. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that they are where they are right now.

I am honestly baffled with the canes. I thought they were constructed much better than the caps but the caps seem to have done well to build their D on the fly and the D unit is playing solid hockey.

I guess I underestimated Ward a little as well. I never thought the Carolina D was going to be THAT bad. I mean Corvo had some embarrassing play recently that I saw where the guy skated around him and scored. Forgot which game exactly. He sucks but still Gleason and Pitkanen are good players

but yeah, I thought the canes D could do just enough for them to win the SE. I guess that's why they still play the season.

Ray Finkle
04-08-2013, 04:30 AM
They should now, but WPG has an easy schedule. It's actually a little easier than the caps who still have 2 @MTL, vs. OTT, vs, BOS on the schedule. Still no excuse given that they have 6 of last 9 at home and 1 game in hand on Winnipeg.

The team that I think is most dangerous right now? The rangers. I am honestly still shaking my head that Columbus sent that package for the soft Gaborik. They just helped out the Rangers immensely.

Looks like I may have been right on NJ and Philly missing this year. It will be tough for either of those 2 to catch NYI or NYR and I think Ottawa had a big enough cushion where they will hold on.

I think these are the 8, the only potential change I could see is 3 seed if the caps get nonchalant again...

wait, wait, wait.....didn't you previously call them overrated? This team is going to be tougher once they get their second best player (Staal) back in the line up.

RedskinBronco
04-08-2013, 05:44 AM
wait, wait, wait.....didn't you previously call them overrated? This team is going to be tougher once they get their second best player (Staal) back in the line up.

Yep they were overrated but I liked their additions during the deadline.

Clowe is a great addition in the sense that they really missed Prust and so he can help fill that void. I also liked their move to trade Gaborik for Dorsett, Moore and Brassard. Tortorella hates Gaborik so it's not like Gaborik was really part of that team.

I just think those were pretty good moves by them and kind of changes their team. They will be tough IMO.

We will see though, nothing is guaranteed.

I do think the one SE team that the 6 seed (probably Toronto) doesn't want to see make it is the Caps. Any 6 seed is going to be rooting hard/hoping for Winnipeg who doesn't have the type of firepower the caps have.

DivineLegion
04-08-2013, 06:00 AM
I am honestly baffled with the canes. I thought they were constructed much better than the caps but the caps seem to have done well to build their D on the fly and the D unit is playing solid hockey.

I guess I underestimated Ward a little as well. I never thought the Carolina D was going to be THAT bad. I mean Corvo had some embarrassing play recently that I saw where the guy skated around him and scored. Forgot which game exactly. He sucks but still Gleason and Pitkanen are good players

but yeah, I thought the canes D could do just enough for them to win the SE. I guess that's why they still play the season.

Our only hopes defensively are Cam Ward and Judtin Faulk. We've played 7 some odd games without both, and averaged 4 goals against in that stretch. I know everybody is losing players this season, but Carolina is unique in that its a budget franchise that avoids the cap for small market surviveability. Sadly JR has invest heavely in 5 players (probably to keep them in town), and neglected to address some obvious depth issues in the roster. Well, that and they hate developing young ayers for some reason. They get a guy like Bhret Bellmore to come in and play lights out for six games, and then they reassign him instead of putting a scrub like Corvo or McBain on waivers. It's also one of those seasons where weird **** happens frequently. We aren't getting the breaks, we have back to back games with an own goal, and days after our starting Goaltender goes down our backup slices the inside of his leg open with his own skate.

I'm frustrated...

Good luck to your caps the rest if the way.

Ray Finkle
04-08-2013, 06:34 AM
Yep they were overrated but I liked their additions during the deadline.

Clowe is a great addition in the sense that they really missed Prust and so he can help fill that void. I also liked their move to trade Gaborik for Dorsett, Moore and Brassard. Tortorella hates Gaborik so it's not like Gaborik was really part of that team.

I just think those were pretty good moves by them and kind of changes their team. They will be tough IMO.

We will see though, nothing is guaranteed.

I do think the one SE team that the 6 seed (probably Toronto) doesn't want to see make it is the Caps. Any 6 seed is going to be rooting hard/hoping for Winnipeg who doesn't have the type of firepower the caps have.

Clowe and Prust are 2 totally different players. Dorsett compares more to Prust than Clowe. Clowe can score.

Tortorella did not hate Gaborik, it's Gaborik's play that caused the tension. Gaborik had become lazy in his back check and stopped moving his feet.

I agree it changed the culture but having Richards actually play well and the addition of MZA are the biggest factors.

I'd rather face the Caps then the Jets. The Jets have more depth and are bigger.

socalorado
04-08-2013, 06:39 AM
ANA 4
LA 3

Whew!

RedskinBronco
04-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Clowe and Prust are 2 totally different players. Dorsett compares more to Prust than Clowe. Clowe can score.

Tortorella did not hate Gaborik, it's Gaborik's play that caused the tension. Gaborik had become lazy in his back check and stopped moving his feet.

I agree it changed the culture but having Richards actually play well and the addition of MZA are the biggest factors.

I'd rather face the Caps then the Jets. The Jets have more depth and are bigger.

Sorry; I thought it was a given that dorsett is similar to prust. You get my point about the rangers.

Gaborik; that's right. Still main point is torts didnt like him for the reasons you mentioned.

I get what you are saying about wpg, but I think most teams would still like to avoid the caps offensive skill; especially if the PP operates at #1 level.

DivineLegion
04-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Hell yea! We scored two freaking goals for the first time in weeks. Draft lottery here we come! Thank you Justin Peters for blowing the entire Bruins orginization, and the arena staff.

SoCalBronco
04-08-2013, 07:39 PM
Hell yea! We scored two freaking goals for the first time in weeks. Draft lottery here we come! Thank you Justin Peters for blowing the entire Bruins orginization, and the arena staff.

I really thought you guys would be much better this year.

RedskinBronco
04-08-2013, 08:07 PM
I really thought you guys would be much better this year.

I thought so too.

If they get Seth Jones though, this 48 game nightmare will be worth it. Better than having to deal with this over 82 games.

I'm high on Muller so I'm surprised he hasn't turned it around. I would have expected him to play a conservative game though with the injuries and Ward being out but it seems that hasn't been the case and so they are giving up a lot of goals.

Swedish Extrovert
04-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Huge win by virtue of a loss today for the Avs - 1-3 against Calgary, who is one of our main competitors for the Seth Jones lottery.

Aftermath
04-08-2013, 09:49 PM

I picked Ducks over you guys in the SC. Losing Ward and half your d really effed that up. Motherf&:$*#

Swedish Extrovert
04-08-2013, 10:11 PM
OBTW - Seth Jones will be the next Rob Blake.

RedskinBronco
04-09-2013, 05:56 AM
“Some guys are more worried about their Vegas trip at the end of the season than playing the games, than playing every minute of the games. Quite frankly, I don’t care about your Vegas trip right now.”

- JS Giguere after losing to Calgary 3-1 tonight.

Good on JS calling guys out. This is sad and pathetic

Lestat
04-09-2013, 09:03 AM
“Some guys are more worried about their Vegas trip at the end of the season than playing the games, than playing every minute of the games. Quite frankly, I don’t care about your Vegas trip right now.”

- JS Giguere after losing to Calgary 3-1 tonight.

Good on JS calling guys out. This is sad and pathetic

if Joe Sacco was my coach and the organization was so ****ing cheap they wouldn't sign anyone worth a **** i'd be planning my vegas trip too.
besides, we need Seth Jones and sucking gets us there.

spdirty
04-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Giguere is awesome.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013/04/08/jean-sebastien-giguere-colorado-avalanche-tirade-against-teammates-practice/12915/

bronco militia
04-09-2013, 12:40 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/files/2013/04/jiggy-275x330.jpg

Lestat
04-09-2013, 03:11 PM
damn shame when the back up goalie has to call out your team and talk about your ****ty D.

Tombstone RJ
04-09-2013, 03:30 PM
Giguere is awesome.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013/04/08/jean-sebastien-giguere-colorado-avalanche-tirade-against-teammates-practice/12915/

ouch, very telling about the state of the Avs. You have to start at the top with Kroenke, since he's bought the team the Avs have done nothing. Next you have to look at Pierre Lacroix and ask yourself what has happened to this guy? He was a fantastic GM but now he's a lousy President. Then look at Sacco and ask why does he still have a job? Usually the HC is to first to go after the team has been called out by the players for not giving a crap.

I think Kroenke is so wrapped up in the Nugz he could care less about the Avs. As long as the team is making $ I bet Kroenke could give a crap.

spdirty
04-09-2013, 04:36 PM
ouch, very telling about the state of the Avs. You have to start at the top with Kroenke, since he's bought the team the Avs have done nothing. Next you have to look at Pierre Lacroix and ask yourself what has happened to this guy? He was a fantastic GM but now he's a lousy President. Then look at Sacco and ask why does he still have a job? Usually the HC is to first to go after the team has been called out by the players for not giving a crap.

I think Kroenke is so wrapped up in the Nugz he could care less about the Avs. As long as the team is making $ I bet Kroenke could give a crap.

Well their bottom line has to be getting effected. I read attendance is now 26th out of 30 and they're the only team in the league who's TV ratings have declined from last year. I'd assume that merchandise sales are down too.

Heard Dater on the radio say that Lacroix doesn't even go to the games now.

But Kroenke is forgiven by me as long as he locks up Ujiri long term.

Lestat
04-09-2013, 05:24 PM

what happened is that Lacroix was a top of the salary heap GM. that's where he thrived. he sign key FA's, make trades for big time guys and generally build through FA and trade.

he was never a real team builder type and his line of thinking did not change with the NHL rules. the Avs haven't really built from the ground up since Quebec. the real issue however is that he keeps hiring people who were formerly associated with the Avs either as a player, coach or front office guy.
he believes there is a "Avs way" of doing things.
this notion significantly shrinks the candidate pool and causes the issues we have today.

ever since Sherman and Pracey have taken over the day to day and drafting respectively the team has improved. but coming back from Gigure's reign as GM is no easy task.
however it's made far more arduous when you refuse to hire the best people who will cultivate and develop a winning mentality and culture and instead hire the people you like as former Avs lackeys.

Lacroix needs to go, Sherman is a solid GM but with Kroenke unwilling to spend on the Avs and Lacroix being shadow GM it's tough to improve.

Joe mother****ing Sacco... he shouldn't be an assistant coach much less a head coach in the NHL. he is about the dumbest SOB in the history of the game. he coaches a style of play that doesn't fit any of his players and continues to trot out ****ty defensive guys who play like rookies instead of playing Barrie,Elliot and EJ more. EJ is our best defenseman and he's barely top 3 in ice time for defensemen on our team.

Matt Hunwick,Greg Zanon,Shane O'Brien.... that's the answer to our D problems? yeah right.

maher_tyler
04-09-2013, 08:33 PM
what happened is that Lacroix was a top of the salary heap GM. that's where he thrived. he sign key FA's, make trades for big time guys and generally build through FA and trade.

he was never a real team builder type and his line of thinking did not change with the NHL rules. the Avs haven't really built from the ground up since Quebec. the real issue however is that he keeps hiring people who were formerly associated with the Avs either as a player, coach or front office guy.
this notion significantly shrinks the candidate pool and causes the issues we have today.

ever since Sherman and Pracey have taken over the day to day and drafting respectively the team has improved. but coming back from Gigure's reign as GM is no easy task.
however it's made far more arduous when you refuse to hire the best people who will cultivate and develop a winning mentality and culture and instead hire the people you like as former Avs lackeys.

Lacroix needs to go, Sherman is a solid GM but with Kroenke unwilling to spend on the Avs and Lacroix being shadow GM it's tough to improve.

Joe mother****ing Sacco... he shouldn't be an assistant coach much less a head coach in the NHL. he is about the dumbest SOB in the history of the game. he coaches a style of play that doesn't fit any of his players and continues to trot out ****ty defensive guys who play like rookies instead of playing Barrie,Elliot and EJ more. EJ is our best defenseman and he's barely top 3 in ice time for defensemen on our team.

Matt Hunwick,Greg Zanon,Shane O'Brien.... that's the answer to our D problems? yeah right.

I haven't watched a game in a month. Done until big changes are made. I'm a die hard Avs fan but I have seen the same thing for 3 years and there has been ZERO improvement. We went from contending for Cups to contending for the #1 overall pick. Outside of a handful of players this organization is a ****in joke!

chadta
04-10-2013, 04:12 AM
the real issue however is that he keeps hiring people who were formerly associated with the Avs either as a player, coach or front office guy.

The avs and Flyers are alot a like, we finally get rid of bobby clarke, only to get homer, and bring clarke back as an advisor.

Swedish Extrovert
04-13-2013, 06:00 PM
Jean-Sebastian Giguere could very well have crashed the Avs dreams of picking up Seth Jones.

Pffft. We're racing to the bottom of the league, and some filthy Frenchman has to come in and inspire the team.

Lestat
04-13-2013, 11:22 PM
Jean-Sebastian Giguere could very well have crashed the Avs dreams of picking up Seth Jones.

Pffft. We're racing to the bottom of the league, and some filthy Frenchman has to come in and inspire the team.

we need to finish worst. it gives us no worse than the #2 pick that way. even better is the rumors that Florida wants Nathan MacKinnon at #1.

chadta
04-14-2013, 05:11 AM

I hear ya, philly had a 4 game win streak, which puts them right dead in the middle of no mans land, 7 points out of the play offs, and 7 points out of last

way to wreck an already useless season

DivineLegion
04-14-2013, 07:06 AM
Hey hey hey, the Canes win their first home game after losing 8 straight. We were getting closer and closer, maybe this means they are starting to discover their game. Now we can just play really well and lose out so we can say we tried.

SoCalBronco
04-15-2013, 08:19 AM
Good news...Sid is back on the ice with the S&C coach. Come on Sid get back out there....don't let them steal what is rightfully yours.

Ray Finkle
04-15-2013, 10:03 AM
Good news...Sid is back on the ice with the S&C coach. Come on Sid get back out there....don't let them steal what is rightfully yours.

I bet MAF is getting quite antsy....you know with Syd's mouth being wired shut.....:yayaya:

SoCalBronco
04-15-2013, 10:19 AM
I bet MAF is getting quite antsy....you know with Syd's mouth being wired shut.....:yayaya:

Zing!

So youre saying he liked looking at Sids pearly whites....amirite?

Ray Finkle
04-15-2013, 11:25 AM
Zing!

So youre saying he liked looking at Sids pearly whites....amirite?

:D

Swedish Extrovert
04-16-2013, 10:08 PM
I have Broncos season tickets and I try to make it out to at least one game a season for all the other Denver teams of note (Avalanche, Nuggets, Rockies, Rapids, DU Pioneers Hockey)...

So I decided to make it out for an Avs game against Edmonton this Friday. Should be a barnburner. Except not though.

canadianbroncosfan
04-17-2013, 12:09 PM
The avs and Flyers are alot a like, we finally get rid of bobby clarke, only to get homer, and bring clarke back as an advisor.

Much like the Oilers. Fire MacTavish cause he was a ****ty coach, only to bring him back a few years later as GM.

canadianbroncosfan
04-17-2013, 12:11 PM
I have Broncos season tickets and I try to make it out to at least one game a season for all the other Denver teams of note (Avalanche, Nuggets, Rockies, Rapids, DU Pioneers Hockey)...

So I decided to make it out for an Avs game against Edmonton this Friday. Should be a barnburner. Except not though.

The only Oilers game I went to this year, was against the Avs. It was actually one of the best games I've watched. Too bad it was February.

gyldenlove
04-17-2013, 12:18 PM
Much like the Oilers. Fire MacTavish cause he was a ****ty coach, only to bring him back a few years later as GM.

Edmonton has been stuck for a long time, they aren't competitive in free agency because of geography and they have consistently failed to throw money at a good coach/GM combination who can turn some of the all those super talented young players into studs.

BroncosSR
04-17-2013, 07:57 PM
Very Moving....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzMsagY7oRs

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZzMsagY7oRs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZzMsagY7oRs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Beantown Bronco
04-17-2013, 08:35 PM
Proud to say I was a part of that.....and it was getting really dusty in there by the end.

maher_tyler
04-17-2013, 10:40 PM
Proud to say I was a part of that.....and it was getting really dusty in there by the end.

That's awesome you were there. I posted that video to Facebook. Stuff like this makes me proud to be an American!

Aftermath
04-18-2013, 01:13 AM
Very Moving....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzMsagY7oRs

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZzMsagY7oRs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZzMsagY7oRs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Boston will win the cup because of that.

bronco militia
04-18-2013, 08:07 AM
Boston will win the cup because of that.

LOL...the bruins didn't even win that game.

RedskinBronco
04-18-2013, 12:47 PM
LOL...the bruins didn't even win that game.

Not to pile on or anything but how about Bobrovsky in Columbus.

Something with Philly and goalies, it's uncanny.

Boston has the tools to win the Cup but for whatever reason, they have something missing. Just like last year.

It looks like it can be a surprise team again; no one is really that impressive.

If I were the pens, I would be rooting hard for the rangers to miss. That's a nightmare scenario IMO; much like facing the flyers in round 1. If it's Winnipeg they draw, that's a cakewalk.

SoCalBronco
04-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Not to pile on or anything but how about Bobrovsky in Columbus.

Something with Philly and goalies, it's uncanny.

Boston has the tools to win the Cup but for whatever reason, they have something missing. Just like last year.

It looks like it can be a surprise team again; no one is really that impressive.

If I were the pens, I would be rooting hard for the rangers to miss. That's a nightmare scenario IMO; much like facing the flyers in round 1. If it's Winnipeg they draw, that's a cakewalk.

Nope. We own the Rangers much in the same way the Flyers own us. Weve owned them for a few years now.

Beantown Bronco
04-19-2013, 07:31 AM
They're saying the Bs/Pens game tonight may get cancelled if they don't catch the brother soon.

SoCalBronco
04-19-2013, 12:46 PM
They're saying the Bs/Pens game tonight may get cancelled if they don't catch the brother soon.

Game moved to tomorrow and our game tomorrow vs BUF moved to TUE.

SoCalBronco
04-20-2013, 07:17 PM
This season makes me so ****ing angry.

chadta
04-21-2013, 04:37 AM
This season makes me so ****ing angry.

Climate scientists studying the mysterious sudden CO2 cloud over Western Pennsylvania have determined it is from the mass sigh of relief by Penguins fans that their team will not have to face the Philadelphia Flyers in this year's playoffs....

I don't want to hear about this season pissing you off

SoCalBronco
04-21-2013, 09:01 AM
Climate scientists studying the mysterious sudden CO2 cloud over Western Pennsylvania have determined it is from the mass sigh of relief by Penguins fans that their team will not have to face the Philadelphia Flyers in this year's playoffs....

I don't want to hear about this season pissing you off

It is pissing me off. ovechkin is going to win the RR, Art Ross and therefore prolly the Hart even though he is thoroughly undeserving of the latter two. ****ing bull****.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-21-2013, 09:49 AM
It is pissing me off. ovechkin is going to win the RR, Art Ross and therefore prolly the Hart even though he is thoroughly undeserving of the latter two. ****ing bull****.

And he doesn't deserve anything either if he can't stay healthy. Again.

SoCalBronco
04-21-2013, 11:28 AM
And he doesn't deserve anything either if he can't stay healthy. Again.

Yeah he does deserve it......regardless. It should be based on average like the NBA..so long as you meet a minimum game threshold. He played 75 percent of the games...thats sufficient.

Were going to enjoy ending your playoff run. Again.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-21-2013, 01:13 PM
Could care less about the playoffs this year, they're still poorly constructed. 8 is back, it appears they have a real coach, and the "generational talent" will still have the 2nd best resume on his own team.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-21-2013, 01:14 PM
And the fact you're resorting to average shoes how desperate and scared you are. 8 would have 3 Harts if that's the criteria.

Beantown Bronco
04-21-2013, 01:37 PM

How can he be undeserving of the 2nd two? Art Ross is for leader in total points. It's a very black and white award. Either you're out there scoring points for your team every night (Ovy) or you're always injured (Sidney). It's not like it's some judgment call.

And in terms of the Hart.....what is Pittsburgh's record and winning percentage without Sidney? Probably about the same as it is right now. They are doing just fine without him. Washington on the other hand is a bottom feeder without Ovechkin playing out of his mind. For me, that makes the Hart decision easy. Washington needs Ovy more than Pittsburgh needs Sidney.

RedskinBronco
04-21-2013, 01:49 PM
How can he be undeserving of the 2nd two? Art Ross is for leader in total points. It's a very black and white award. Either you're out there scoring points for your team every night (Ovy) or you're always injured (Sidney). It's not like it's some judgment call.

And in terms of the Hart.....what is Pittsburgh's record and winning percentage without Sidney? Probably about the same as it is right now. They are doing just fine without him. Washington on the other hand is a bottom feeder without Ovechkin playing out of his mind. For me, that makes the Hart decision easy. Washington needs Ovy more than Pittsburgh needs Sidney.

Hmm a lot of logic in this post.

Come on SoCalBronco, don't let your homerism make you look like a petty child. Everytime you b**** about Crosby, you sound like that.

Look, he's injury prone and he isn't nearly as important to Pittsburgh as you think he is, given how stacked the roster is. Give Ovechkin his credit, whether you like it or not, the guy is a top player in this league.

No one said Crosby wasn't a great player, but you need to give Ovechkin and Stamkos their due.

You can make endless arguments about how much Crosby profits from secondary assists and phantom assists. Don't become like the Canadian media dude. With Ovechkin and Stamkos, it's clearly in front of us, they put the puck in the net at a higher level than anyone else; can't question that.

RedskinBronco
04-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Nope. We own the Rangers much in the same way the Flyers own us. Weve owned them for a few years now.

Playoffs are a different game, it's all about how you are playing at the time.

Unless of course, you get 400 PPs which we know the pens will get. Then again, maybe playing the NY market team will neutralize that annual spring advantage the pens get.

edit: all my pens fans friends are hoping Winnipeg catches the Rangers. You can throw out everything out the window with Atlantic Division matchups, but if you want the rangers instead of the Jets, good luck with that. I'm actually rooting for the rangers as that has the potential to have the same fireworks as last year's flyers/pens series

SoCalBronco
04-21-2013, 02:16 PM
And the fact you're resorting to average shoes how desperate and scared you are. 8 would have 3 Harts if that's the criteria.

Scared?

Why would I be scared of the Caps?

Are the Broncos scared of the Browns in an AFCCG?

The Hart has been traditionally awarded to the best player....yes I know it isn't phrased that way but in practice that is essentially what it is....more or less.

And RedskinBronco...I would welcome the Rags. We own the Rags....whether it be reg season or postseason. It doesn't go out the window just because its the playoffs....if that were the case the Flyers hex on us wouldn't have reappeared in the playoffs last year. We own NY. Period.

The bottom line is this season has been awful. A Cup and a Conn Symthe would be great....wouldn't make up for it fully.....but it would be the least that the law of averages could do to make up for this bull****.

SoCalBronco
04-21-2013, 02:38 PM

I disagree with your argument. Sidney's play...much if it without Geno in the lineup was the main reason they won 15 in a row. Dude was averaging more than 2 ppg for a big stretch. Only reason they are winning now is Iggy and Morrow were added to the lineup....even now they are not winning impressively...they are playing like crap....and not surprisingly Kunitz has fallen off the face of the earth since Sid went out. What does that tell you?

There is really no way anyone can claim Ovy is more deserving. Dude played like crap for half the year. So because he plays great for the other half and his team has like 5th most points in the East...is somehow better than the guy who was great the whole time and our team is in first?

Seems legit.

RedskinBronco
04-21-2013, 03:43 PM
I disagree with your argument. Sidney's play...much if it without Geno in the lineup was the main reason they won 15 in a row. Dude was averaging more than 2 ppg for a big stretch. Only reason they are winning now is Iggy and Morrow were added to the lineup....even now they are not winning impressively...they are playing like crap....and not surprisingly Kunitz has fallen off the face of the earth since Sid went out. What does that tell you?

There is really no way anyone can claim Ovy is more deserving. Dude played like crap for half the year. So because he plays great for the other half and his team has like 5th most points in the East...is somehow better than the guy who was great the whole time and our team is in first?

Seems legit.

I'm not going to get in an endless argument. The 2 points that are glaringly obvious are:

1) whenever crosby is out, the pens don't suffer. Don't they have a better record without him?

2) Ovechkin was playing with grinders and an MIA backstrom for a chunk of the year. If you watched any of their games, you would have seen Beagle and Crabb whiff on multiple ovie prime passes and ovie getting triple teamed. Notice how now either he is more open and having legitimate top 6 guys with him opens up the game.

You can't have it both ways. Early on, you were complaining (with many media types) how crosby had crap wingers in Kunitz and Dupuis. Now suddenly, it's look how awesome crosby is. Which is it? Can't be both.

Stamkos, Ovechkin and Crosby are all great players in their own right but it is what it is. They all dominate games. It's not anyone's fault that Crosby is always injured. I told you he was injury prone, the pattern has always been there throughout his career. It's part of the game.

Anyways, this is a waste of energy. I'll let you vent. We will see what happens in the playoffs.

Beantown Bronco
04-21-2013, 04:53 PM

Pens have 10 losses. Sid was on the ice for 8 of them. They win more without him on the ice. By definition, a team cannot have a better record without their MVP on the ice than they do with him on the ice. They do.

There is really no way anyone can claim Ovy is more deserving.

Everyone outside Pittsburgh, including me, disagrees. I have no horse in this race. I actually hate Ovy and am biased against him. What does that tell you?

Dude played like crap for half the year. So because he plays great for the other half and his team has like 5th most points in the East...is somehow better than the guy who was great the whole time and our team is in first? Seems legit.

A guy who is actually playing and helping his team win games is better. Crosby can't stay healthy. Period. Call me when he is averaging 2 pts per game and actually plays a full season. Then we can talk.

SoCalBronco
04-21-2013, 06:26 PM
Bean town.....I strongly disagree with just about everything you posted. You are a good guy so I'm not going to get into it with you. I just respectfully very strongly disagree. The idea that Crosby can be far and away the vest player...for 3/4 of the season and end up getting nothing at all to show for it is something that I'm unwilling to accept. The idea that that's life isn't an answer that works. It simply isn't a satisfactory response.

Now I see St Louis got 2 points tonight and Stamkos 1 so St Louis is now 1 back.

I suppose out of the various contenders St Louis would be the least of multiple evils if he "won" the AR. It wouldn't be legit but unlike the other three I don't hate him. Would be a nice career capper for him.

24champ
04-21-2013, 06:50 PM
Pens have 10 losses. Sid was on the ice for 8 of them. They win more without him on the ice. By definition, a team cannot have a better record without their MVP on the ice than they do with him on the ice. They do.

Everyone outside Pittsburgh, including me, disagrees. I have no horse in this race. I actually hate Ovy and am biased against him. What does that tell you?

A guy who is actually playing and helping his team win games is better. Crosby can't stay healthy. Period. Call me when he is averaging 2 pts per game and actually plays a full season. Then we can talk.

Agreed. I would say that Ovy and Stamkos are more valuable to their teams than Crosby is, and I like Stamkos more out of anyone in the NHL...he's lighting it up at such a young age.

I believe SoCal is emotionally charged with this one because he saw the same thing happen to Mario when he was going up against Gretz. Mario's career was marred by injuries and retirement. So I think that Crosby missing a bunch of games the last few years has SoCal pissed to the point he is justifying the fact that the awards shouldn't be based on the whole season.

He saw Mario miss out on some awards and scoring titles, and now he's gonna see it again. Can't have that...

SoCalBronco
04-21-2013, 07:09 PM
Seriously even if we win the Cup and he wins the Conn Smythe I'm not going to be fully happy if he loses the AR or the Hart. Id still be quite bitter. I'm so angry right now. I haven't watched a SINGLE game since he got hurt because I knew I wouldn't be able to enjoy it.

Thanks for costing him two trophies you worthless piece of **** Orpik. It wasn't enough that you were the worst defenseman on the team this year. That wasn't enough. You had to ruin it for Sid too. I hope your ass is cut this summer. ****ing Joe Melichar from back in the day was less worthless than you. GTFO off my team. You and your **** wife can get the hell out.

BroncosSR
04-21-2013, 08:10 PM
Seriously even if we win the Cup and he wins the Conn Smythe I'm not going to be fully happy if he loses the AR or the Hart. Id still be quite bitter. I'm so angry right now. I haven't watched a SINGLE game since he got hurt because I knew I wouldn't be able to enjoy it.

Thanks for costing him two trophies you worthless piece of **** Orpik. It wasn't enough that you were the worst defenseman on the team this year. That wasn't enough. You had to ruin it for Sid too. I hope your ass is cut this summer. ****ing Joe Melichar from back in the day was less worthless than you. GTFO off my team. You and your **** wife can get the hell out.

Eat a Snickers bar please.

RedskinBronco
04-21-2013, 08:10 PM

LOL.

Dude, you are ****ing hilarious. Just calm down :thumbsup:

FYI, I don't know if you ever heard of this or if it ever got out in pittsburgh, but apparently Orpik and Crosby, let's just say aren't too fond of each other. I heard from a friend who is boys with a pens player.

I do remember Orpik implying that Crosby was taking his sweet old time last season coming back from the concussion.

I am in NO WAY saying Orpik did what he did on purpose, just thought it was kind of funny given your little rant on Orpik.

SoCalBronco
04-21-2013, 08:14 PM
LOL.

Dude, you are ****ing hilarious. Just calm down :thumbsup:

FYI, I don't know if you ever heard of this or if it ever got out in pittsburgh, but apparently Orpik and Crosby, let's just say aren't too fond of each other. I heard from a friend who is boys with a pens player.

I do remember Orpik implying that Crosby was taking his sweet old time last season coming back from the concussion.

I am in NO WAY saying Orpik did what he did on purpose, just thought it was kind of funny given your little rant on Orpik.

Yeah I heard that before. I heard he was the one who raised the whole thing about the C. Hopefully this offseason sid will order the FO to get rid of Orpik. Dude isn't even a good defenseman anymore and I could swear Sid gave him a WTF look as he was skating off the ice.

I'd be shocked if he were back. Hopefully he gets scratched in the postseason. The account must be settled.

RedskinBronco
04-21-2013, 08:38 PM
For sure, Orpik is not what he used to be. I would want him on my team a few years back, but not these days...

SoCalBronco
04-22-2013, 08:41 AM
So I guess Sid will be playing on Thursday which gives him 2 games. I suspect he needs 4 points (at least). I think we got NJ and CAR.

1. Bylsma don't be an idiot. I don't care about Kunitz or Dupuis feelings. Sid needs to play full time with Geno and Iggy on the wings.
2. Sid needs to play all 2 min of each PP.
3. No need for defense as these are meaningless games....just stay out on the blue line waiting for a breakout pass Sid.
4. Gary....we are the golden boys of the league right? So please tell your officials to make sure we get at least 5 PP each of these games preferably at least 2 majors.
5. Getting Peters for one of these games is great. To make sure he is even more awful than he is....send some of pittsburghs finest up to his room the night before to wear him down. Dudes save percentage against us better not be above .700.

We need to win this thing for Sid.....by hook or by crook I really dooooooont caaaaare.

SoCalBronco
04-23-2013, 04:32 PM
Looks like they will hold him out of the last 2 to be safe. That pisses me off. He earned that AR...there will be an unworthy usurper now. Should still get the Hart.

You hear that hockey gods? You just ****ing stole from me...you ****ing thiefs.

At the least we should get the Cup and Conn Smythe for sid for putting up with this bull****.

24champ
04-23-2013, 04:39 PM
At the least we should get the Cup and Conn Smythe for sid for putting up with this bull****.

You'll get nothing and like it.

gyldenlove
04-23-2013, 04:42 PM
If the Blue Jackets get the 7th or 8th seed in the West Bobrovsky should win the Hart.

SoCalBronco
04-23-2013, 04:46 PM
You'll get nothing and like it.

Lol....zing.

Ted Knight was great in caddyshack.

No seriously this sucks. And yes I am expecting the Cup as compensation. Winning the Cup after being robbed the AR is like winning the lotto after finding out your daughter got knocked up by and is marrying a worthless dbag. Its great to be rich....but youve still got problems that money can't fix

SoCalBronco
04-23-2013, 04:49 PM
If the Blue Jackets get the 7th or 8th seed in the West Bobrovsky should win the Hart.

In that case I'm rooting for them to fail.

Actually I'm glad LeBrun switched his vote from Toews back to Crosby. Its about time my numerous emails to these writers guilting them into voting for Sid actually did something.

Beantown Bronco
04-23-2013, 05:41 PM
SoCal: If all I wanted to hear was crying all day, I spend more time with my kids.

SoCalBronco
04-23-2013, 06:05 PM
SoCal: If all I wanted to hear was crying all day, I spend more time with my kids.

I can assure you I bitch more often than your kids. :)

Lestat
04-23-2013, 06:58 PM

tell us how you really feel :rofl:

Aftermath
04-24-2013, 01:21 AM
Flyers defense earlier :
Schenn-Lauridsen
Foster-Manning
Lilja-Gustaffsson

and they still managed to screw up the tank. Wtf

RedskinBronco
04-24-2013, 05:36 PM
Looks like they will hold him out of the last 2 to be safe. That pisses me off. He earned that AR...there will be an unworthy usurper now. Should still get the Hart.

You hear that hockey gods? You just ****ing stole from me...you ****ing thiefs.

I don't know, to me it seems like he has been out pretty long for a broken jaw. I don't know if they are not telling the truth but this is a long time for a broken jaw.

As I said earlier in this thread, if a broken jaw caused another concussion; he should consider hanging them up. It's not worth it to ruin his well being...

edit: and speaking of hockey gods, it works both ways. Ovechkin would have 41 goals by now if he didn't miss all those empty nets. I know that would really piss you off ;)

SoCalBronco
04-24-2013, 05:42 PM
I don't know, to me it seems like he has been out pretty long for a broken jaw. I don't know if they are not telling the truth but this is a long time for a broken jaw.

As I said earlier in this thread, if a broken jaw caused another concussion; he should consider hanging them up. It's not worth it to ruin his well being...

edit: and speaking of hockey gods, it works both ways. Ovechkin would have 41 goals by now if he didn't miss all those empty nets. I know that would really piss you off ;)

Nah...Bob MacKenzie just said he should be cleared for contact pretty soon. He has been skating since last week. He does have another root canal that needs to be done tho. Sounds like he will be good to go for the start of round 1.

Since its clear now there will be an impostor Art Ross winner...I'm going for MSL to get it. Least of many evils.

canadianbroncosfan
04-25-2013, 07:53 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d0/President's-Trophy.jpg/175px-President's-Trophy.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYJz7Ya9tT2HcrgCaD3SmMemFqOdUwq 3uxuR7PuMRSxUKzJbu_

SoCalBronco
04-25-2013, 08:22 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d0/President's-Trophy.jpg/175px-President's-Trophy.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYJz7Ya9tT2HcrgCaD3SmMemFqOdUwq 3uxuR7PuMRSxUKzJbu_

Nice.

That means you likely won't win the Cup.

gyldenlove
04-25-2013, 10:26 AM
Flyers defense earlier :
Schenn-Lauridsen
Foster-Manning
Lilja-Gustaffsson

AHAHAHAHA Oliver Lauridsen has more goals in the month of April than Cyndi Crosby!

broncosteven
04-25-2013, 11:00 AM
Nice.

I have nothing but bitter memories of the last couple times we won the Presidents trophy.

Beantown Bronco
04-25-2013, 07:28 PM
Nice bounceback game for the Bs tonight.

Tuukka Rask literally had the best performance I've ever seen out of a Bruins goalie. 5 or 6 absolutely ridiculous saves, 30 overall to earn his 5th shutout of the season. I'd love to see him win the Vezina this season. He's been a monster.

Aftermath
04-25-2013, 10:47 PM
AHAHAHAHA Oliver Lauridsen has more goals in the month of April than Cyndi Crosby!

Tonight we had Konan make his first start too, won that game too. Wtf

canadianbroncosfan
04-26-2013, 09:38 AM
Nice.

The only team I fear, plays in the East.

broncswin
04-26-2013, 09:40 AM
Go avs...ahh we suck again!!

SoCalBronco
04-27-2013, 02:36 PM
Finkle avoids the Grim Reaper.

Wise move, Finkle.

gyldenlove
04-27-2013, 02:39 PM
I am cheering for the Avs tonight, kick Minnesotas ass, it would be so nice if Parise misses the playoffs.

SoCalBronco
04-27-2013, 02:41 PM
I'm cheering for Columbus to miss the playoffs.

chadta
04-27-2013, 02:58 PM

or listening to cindy interviews

Flyers defense earlier :
Schenn-Lauridsen
Foster-Manning
Lilja-Gustaffsson

they just aren't as good at losing on purpose as pissburg

but man that is pretty bad, only 1 actual NHL d man playing, altho Oli may be my new favorite, the kid is gonna be a big force if he ever learns to not pass the friggin puck infront of his own net.

If they win tonight, and everybody else loses, they can move up 5 spots, i mean down 5 spots in the draft, so i have no doubt they smoke ottawa.

Speaking of ottawa, wheres al wilson ? isnt this about the time he comes in and tells us this is the year ? only to disappear in a week when they lose in 4 straight.

canadianbroncosfan
04-27-2013, 03:04 PM
I am cheering for the Avs tonight, kick Minnesotas ass, it would be so nice if Parise misses the playoffs.

For sure this! A) I want the 'Hawks to get the Jackets B) **** Parise and Suter and their $100M contracts and C) I hate the Wild.

SoCalBronco
04-27-2013, 03:07 PM
or listening to cindy interviews

they just aren't as good at losing on purpose as pissburg

but man that is pretty bad, only 1 actual NHL d man playing, altho Oli may be my new favorite, the kid is gonna be a big force if he ever learns to not pass the friggin puck infront of his own net.

If they win tonight, and everybody else loses, they can move up 5 spots, i mean down 5 spots in the draft, so i have no doubt they smoke ottawa.

Speaking of ottawa, wheres al wilson ? isnt this about the time he comes in and tells us this is the year ? only to disappear in a week when they lose in 4 straight.

I heard you guys were not going to amnesty Bryzaster. WTF dude?

24champ
04-27-2013, 03:11 PM
Looking forward to tonight, when we know the matchups of the playoffs.

I'm really looking forward to the Canadians vs Maple Leafs series. Toronto must be going bonkers after missing the playoffs for so many years.

chadta
04-27-2013, 03:51 PM
I heard you guys were not going to amnesty Bryzaster. WTF dude?

i dunno, its uber awesome seeing bob do so well in columbus too.

I heard briere pulled his kids out of local rep hockey, and its expected that he will be bought out.

his 2 years left are harder to take then 9 more for bryzaster

24champ
04-27-2013, 03:57 PM

I heard briere pulled his kids out of local rep hockey, and its expected that he will be bought out.

Will Homer be on the hot seat? Lavy get canned?

chadta
04-27-2013, 05:28 PM
Will Homer be on the hot seat? Lavy get canned?

god i hope so

the NMC long term contracts are killing us, and lavys pond hockey system has gotten old, dumbs it down and plays more D when the kids are playing, and the team actualy looks pretty good, if only he tried that with his NHL d men.

oh well

go flyers west

SoCalBronco
04-27-2013, 05:32 PM
god i hope so

the NMC long term contracts are killing us, and lavys pond hockey system has gotten old, dumbs it down and plays more D when the kids are playing, and the team actualy looks pretty good, if only he tried that with his NHL d men.

oh well

go flyers west

I think Lavy is a fairly good coach...although if you got Ruff that would be even better.

24champ
04-27-2013, 06:02 PM
god i hope so

oh well

go flyers west

Flyers should can Homer and hire Ron Hextall as your GM. Then trade for Bernier on the Kings to replace bryz.

gyldenlove
04-27-2013, 06:21 PM
22 consecutive playoffs! LETS GO RED WINGS!

SoCalBronco
04-27-2013, 06:40 PM
Looks like the top two lines for the playoffs will be Iginla-Crosby-Dupuis and Kunitz-malkin-Neal from what I've read.

I like what Morrow is doing on the third line with Sutter. I'd like Bennett to play there as well but Bylsma prefers vets. They could put Jokinen there but he would be out of place positionally.

SoCalBronco
04-27-2013, 07:02 PM
Wild get in.

Happy for Fletcher and Yeo..former Pens

gyldenlove
04-27-2013, 07:02 PM
Wild get in.

Happy for Fletcher and Yeo..former Pens

Hopefully they get bounced by Chicago in 4.

SoCalBronco
04-27-2013, 07:04 PM
Hopefully they get bounced by Chicago in 4.

They should be able to win a game.

Aftermath
04-27-2013, 07:08 PM
Welp Flyers WIN AGAIN. Drop 4 spots in the draft most likely (8 to 12). Im so pissed and kind of happy at the same time. Mason looks incredible, absolutely won the game tonight vs the Sens who were trying to get the 7 seed so they wont have to play the Pens. Damn Mason is awesome though. But, I think that might have cost us a chance at drafting Darnell Nurse. Hopefully they can still get Zadarov.

SoCalBronco
04-27-2013, 07:20 PM
Caps and Rags meet yet again in the postseason. That will be a good series.

chadta
04-27-2013, 07:39 PM
Flyers should can Homer and hire Ron Hextall as your GM. Then trade for Bernier on the Kings to replace bryz.

bernier for bryz straight up, consider it done

gyldenlove
04-27-2013, 07:46 PM
Welp Flyers WIN AGAIN. Drop 4 spots in the draft most likely (8 to 12). Im so pissed and kind of happy at the same time. Mason looks incredible, absolutely won the game tonight vs the Sens who were trying to get the 7 seed so they wont have to play the Pens. Damn Mason is awesome though. But, I think that might have cost us a chance at drafting Darnell Nurse. Hopefully they can still get Zadarov.

Zadorov is a beast, such a smooth player.

Beantown Bronco
04-27-2013, 10:10 PM
One game left and the B's could still face 3 freakin teams depending on the outcome of tomorrow's game. Unreal.

It's either Islanders, Ottawa or Toronto. It'll be interesting to see how they handle this.

24champ
04-27-2013, 10:36 PM
One game left and the B's could still face 3 freakin teams depending on the outcome of tomorrow's game. Unreal.

It's either Islanders, Ottawa or Toronto. It'll be interesting to see how they handle this.

Hopefully the Islanders. I'd like the Canadians to square off vs the Maple Leafs in the first round.

Anyway, Kings will face the Blues in the first round. Can't wait for the schedule to come out and get my hands on some tickets.

RedskinBronco
04-27-2013, 11:40 PM
Caps and Rags meet yet again in the postseason. That will be a good series.

Now time for me to rant ;)

In all seriousness; I'm so sick of seeing the rangers. I think the series is a coin flip to be honest but 4 times in 5 years. Sick of seeing them.

My 3 keys for caps:

1) holtby must match lundqvist
2) Oates has to outsmart torts/mcdonagh in making Ovie dangerous and tricky. Mcdonagh was very good at defending the "old" ovie
3) torts is on thin ice with the players. If the caps can hold serve, get things tp snowball on NY early in series and get torts pointing fingers; torts will be ex-coach of nyr before the 2nd round begins

SoCalBronco
04-27-2013, 11:56 PM
Now time for me to rant ;)

In all seriousness; I'm so sick of seeing the rangers. I think the series is a coin flip to be honest but 4 times in 5 years. Sick of seeing them.

My 3 keys for caps:

2) Oates has to outsmart torts/mcdonagh in making Ovie dangerous and tricky. Mcdonagh was very good at defending the "old" ovie
3) torts is on thin ice with the players. If the caps can hold serve, get things tp snowball on NY early in series and get torts pointing fingers; torts will be ex-coach of nyr before the 2nd round begins

Good points. I think this one will go 6 or 7, either way.

West match ups are set. I think Chicago will win in 5. The Ducks will fend off Detroit in 6 tough games. Vancouver and SJ too close to call. I think STL and LA will be a terrific series. LA has played well against them but STL is a team that is deep defensively and I wouldn't be shocked if they were in the Final.

As for the East we will see tomorrow if we get the Isles or Ottawa. I think we would trash NYI defense. Just trash it. But they would exploit our PK...early and often. Ottawa getting Karlsson back is big and Anderson could steal games but I don't think they can generate enough goals. We should beat either club in 5 or 6 games.

TomServo
04-28-2013, 02:13 AM
Burn in Hell Stan Kroenke all that $ money you wasted on carmaello-Jerk anthony. Sell the Avs to someone who cares

canadianbroncosfan
04-28-2013, 05:26 AM

I'd like them to win, I really want to see a Maple Leafs-Canadiens match up.

BroncosSR
04-28-2013, 05:47 AM

Maybe not this year but I'm guessing next summer they will buy him out. Personally I'd do it this year and reclaim his cap space now and shore up the D. If Mason plays at a level remotely close to what he's doing now, he'll get 3-4 million for his next contract and there's no way you carry 10 million in cap space between the two of them.

Bryz and his contract are both just brutal.

Oliver has been real good. He could be in top 4 next year if he cleans his game as you said and quits taking awful penalties.

BroncosSR
04-28-2013, 05:51 AM

Mason has been crazy good. 43/44 against the Sens. If's refreshing to have some confidence in net both as a fan but also the players seem to do as well. The guy is just incredibly athletic and has a good sense of the game.

Ray Finkle
04-28-2013, 09:22 AM
:angel:Now time for me to rant ;)

My 3 keys for caps:

Spoken like someone that knows nothing about the Rangers. How did they respond after Gaborik was traded? The mood of the lockerroom changed dramatically after sour puss was traded.

Mactruck, Staal, Girardi, MDZ, Moore....yep they're screwed against new Ovie.

RedskinBronco
04-28-2013, 09:47 AM
:angel:

Spoken like someone that knows nothing about the Rangers. How did they respond after Gaborik was traded? The mood of the lockerroom changed dramatically after sour puss was traded.

Mactruck, Staal, Girardi, MDZ, Moore....yep they're screwed against new Ovie.

Huh?

I watch a lot of their games. Not many guys like Torts. That ship is run by the respected captain Callahan.

It's not a secret that Torts is the type of guy who wears out his welcome because of his style.

As for my ovie comment, it wasn't that the rangers are a joke defense. My point was that they rely on McDonagh with the role of shutting down ovie like the Bruins with Chara. He is very effective at playing ovechkin; and so my point was that Oates will have to mastermind a plan of attack that makes Ovechkin less predictable for McDonagh, just like he has this season.

That was my point, not a slight on the rangers defense. Just a key for the caps if they want to advance.

SouthStndJunkie
04-28-2013, 09:54 AM
22 consecutive playoffs! LETS GO RED WINGS!

I was very happy to see the streak stay alive....I was still in high school when the streak started.

I live about 45 minutes away from Detroit and that streak is a big deal.

It's nice to see Detroit going into the playoffs on a little bit of a roll.

I don't know how far they will go, but I like the fact that they had to get on a little bit of roll to get into the playoffs, as the last handful of games essentially felt like playoff games to them, as they had to win them.

Ray Finkle
04-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Huh?

I watch a lot of their games. Not many guys like Torts. That ship is run by the respected captain Callahan.

It's not a secret that Torts is the type of guy who wears out his welcome because of his style.

As for my ovie comment, it wasn't that the rangers are a joke defense. My point was that they rely on McDonagh with the role of shutting down ovie like the Bruins with Chara. He is very effective at playing ovechkin; and so my point was that Oates will have to mastermind a plan of attack that makes Ovechkin less predictable for McDonagh, just like he has this season.

That was my point, not a slight on the rangers defense. Just a key for the caps if they want to advance.

I say my comment again, Cally, Henrik, Stepan, and the team leaders are firmly behind Torts. So is the origination, this isn't a Keenan type situation.

Mac hasn't even been the best player on defense this year.......MDZ has.

RedskinBronco
04-28-2013, 10:05 AM
I say my comment again, Cally, Henrik, Stepan, and the team leaders are firmly behind Torts. So is the origination, this isn't a Keenan type situation.

Mac hasn't even been the best player on defense this year.......MDZ has.

we will see what happens. If they lose this series, he is gone IMO.

If they get off to a bad start, Torts starts pointing fingers and it could snowball. That's all I am saying.

I don't question the rangers team leadership; I question Torts staying power even though I actually find the guy to be hilarious and actually like his approach.

edit: and if they put MDZ on Ovechkin, they are begging to lose IMO.

BroncosSR
04-28-2013, 10:44 AM
Sacco fired.

Ray Finkle
04-28-2013, 11:31 AM
we will see what happens. If they lose this series, he is gone IMO.

If they get off to a bad start, Torts starts pointing fingers and it could snowball. That's all I am saying.

I don't question the rangers team leadership; I question Torts staying power even though I actually find the guy to be hilarious and actually like his approach.

edit: and if they put MDZ on Ovechkin, they are begging to lose IMO.

He's not getting fired......period. Think whatever you'd like.

Swedish Extrovert
04-28-2013, 11:51 AM
Sacco fired.

Hopefully this means George Gwozdecky doesn't have to move out of Denver :D

24champ
04-28-2013, 12:18 PM
All Original Six teams are in the playoffs for the first time in 17 years.

RedskinBronco
04-28-2013, 12:51 PM
He's not getting fired......period. Think whatever you'd like.

I will; and I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

My own personal opinion is that if the rangers are gone in 4 or 5 (meaning they crumble) torts is out. This isn't DC where Boudreau survives embarrassing series losses to a crap Habs team and the next year swept by the lightning

Beantown Bronco
04-28-2013, 12:53 PM
Friggin Celtics......them going to OT is most likely going to push back the start time of the Bs.

Ray Finkle
04-28-2013, 01:50 PM
I will; and I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

My own personal opinion is that if the rangers are gone in 4 or 5 (meaning they crumble) torts is out. This isn't DC where Boudreau survives embarrassing series losses to a crap Habs team and the next year swept by the lightning

Well you think the Rangers are overrated and probably see a sweep.

24champ
04-28-2013, 03:35 PM
So it begins on HFboards...Hilarious!

http://i40.tinypic.com/317bgps.jpg

maher_tyler
04-28-2013, 05:09 PM
Sacco fired.

I couldn't be any happier!

RedskinBronco
04-28-2013, 05:09 PM
Well you think the Rangers are overrated and probably see a sweep.

What's with the constant attacking today? Did I do anything to piss you off? I have been here on and off.

Aren't you a caps fan anyway and not a Rangers fan?

I specifically said I thought this series was a COIN FLIP. I also said that the Rangers would be the last team the Pens would want to face as the 8 seed earlier in the thread. So I am not sure where you are getting "Rangers are overrated" from me. If anything, it was SoCalBronco who downplayed my hype of the rangers and said the pens own them.

I even said, that's a team that no one wants to face with their deadline moves, which I thought were great.

Jesus, I have no clue why the **** you are even attacking me. In other words, I don't know what is up your ass today. Give it a rest, maybe.

Ray Finkle
04-28-2013, 05:20 PM
What's with the constant attacking today? Did I do anything to piss you off? I have been here on and off.

Aren't you a caps fan anyway and not a Rangers fan?

I specifically said I thought this series was a COIN FLIP. I also said that the Rangers would be the last team the Pens would want to face as the 8 seed earlier in the thread. So I am not sure where you are getting "Rangers are overrated" from me. If anything, it was SoCalBronco who downplayed my hype of the rangers and said the pens own them.

I even said, that's a team that no one wants to face with their deadline moves, which I thought were great.

Jesus, I have no clue why the **** you are even attacking me.

I've been a Rangers fan since 1981..... I detest the Capitals more than any other team (the Pens oming in a close second) You make a comment about Torts being out without any clue. If you realized how much the core players like playing for him AND how much insight he has into the draft and player acquisition, you wouldn't have made those comments.

Torts is not like Keenan, he stirs up the media o keep pressure off the players.

RedskinBronco
04-28-2013, 06:17 PM
I've been a Rangers fan since 1981..... I detest the Capitals more than any other team (the Pens oming in a close second) You make a comment about Torts being out without any clue. If you realized how much the core players like playing for him AND how much insight he has into the draft and player acquisition, you wouldn't have made those comments.

Torts is not like Keenan, he stirs up the media o keep pressure off the players.

Again, we'll see what happens.

There was no need to attack me on it when I didn't even **** talk you one bit. Not one time did I predict a sweep or even say the rangers were garbage.

Better be ready to get on here and eat crow if the rangers lose in 4 or 5 and Torts is canned.

Edit: I have a lot of sources, I have played the game all my life. So I don't need you coming on here and saying YOU ARE WRONG.

I never once tried to convince you of anything. It's what I SEE and what I KNOW. Emphasis on I...

So again, just be ready to eat crow. You didn't need to start this **** but you decided to so anyway.

BroncoLifer
04-28-2013, 06:41 PM
Sacco fired.

Thank you, God!

Ray Finkle
04-28-2013, 06:54 PM
Again, we'll see what happens.

There was no need to attack me on it when I didn't even **** talk you one bit. Not one time did I predict a sweep or even say the rangers were garbage.

Better be ready to get on here and eat crow if the rangers lose in 4 or 5 and Torts is canned.

Edit: I have a lot of sources, I have played the game all my life. So I don't need you coming on here and saying YOU ARE WRONG.

I never once tried to convince you of anything. It's what I SEE and what I KNOW. Emphasis on I...

So again, just be ready to eat crow. You didn't need to start this **** but you decided to so anyway.

Just because you play doesn't matter...i was a goalie growing up until to stopped to play lacrosse. sources? I dont doubt you have some but im sure ive got a few more than you....especially ones tied to the Rangers, Caps, and Wings.

You were the one saying the Caps would win in 4/5 and he'd be fired. It started with that.

Don't get your panties in a bunch. I've got a sore spot for people that attack Torts without knowing what the organization feels about him.

You may be a Caps fan but ill be happy to buy you a beer after the series. That way we can talk about what an ass pirate Crosby is.

SoCalBronco
04-28-2013, 06:54 PM
East matchups are set. We get the Isles. I'm good with that. Time to exorcise demons from 93.

gyldenlove
04-28-2013, 07:10 PM
talk about what an ass pirate Crosby is.

Always a worthy topic of enlightened discourse and scholarly conservation.

gyldenlove
04-28-2013, 07:14 PM
So happy the Wings avoided Chicago in round 1, the Blackhawks are out for blood and I don't see who can stop them in round 1.

Anaheim is a really difficult matchup, the Ducks are very good although they definitely lost some steam after the Wings swept them at home. I think the series will come down to officiating and the Red Wings power play, if the refs call the games tight Detroit will get a ton of power play opportunities and should be able to capitalize, if the refs throw the whistle away like they did in the 2007 WCF then the Ducks will win easy.

SoCalBronco
04-28-2013, 07:15 PM
Its easy for Finkle to talk **** now that the Rags avoided us. Dude was pissing blood in fear of us.

You can get out from under your Moms dress now Finkle. You've avoided the King Sid (the real King) and the Grim Reaper....for now.

RedskinBronco
04-28-2013, 07:15 PM
Just because you play doesn't matter...i was a goalie growing up until to stopped to play lacrosse. sources? I dont doubt you have some but im sure ive got a few more than you....especially ones tied to the Rangers, Caps, and Wings.

You were the one saying the Caps would win in 4/5 and he'd be fired. It started with that.

Don't get your panties in a bunch. I've got a sore spot for people that attack Torts without knowing what the organization feels about him.

You may be a Caps fan but ill be happy to buy you a beer after the series. That way we can talk about what an ass pirate Crosby is.

I said IF. Look it's all good, I really don't care and yeah we can bash the pens whenever. I really think you misunderstood what I was saying.

And btw, I am a huge Torts fan. I actually was hoping the caps wouldn't be so stubborn about keeping Boudreau around and would have either hired him or Laviolette.

Torts and Laviolette are 2 top coaches in my book...

You may be right, I'm just making an educated guess IF they lose in 4 or 5.

He's a great coach. Just from what I know about his history and how he is polarizing. People change. Look at Michel Therien, perfect example. That guy is not the same guy he was in years past so he learned a few things along the way.

All water under the bridge. I just didn't get why you attacked me over giving a hypothetical scenario.

Good luck to you this series. We'll see how it goes...

RedskinBronco
04-28-2013, 07:20 PM
East matchups are set. We get the Isles. I'm good with that. Time to exorcise demons from 93.

I would say with the talent they have and familiarity within division, they may give you fits but then I remember how ****ty they are on defense with their boneheaded plays.

Isles have some good talent, but they aren't ready. It's over in 5, even without Crosby.

I'm glad the caps avoided Ottawa. That's an annoying team to play against and Craig Anderson is having that type of year...

Aftermath
04-28-2013, 07:20 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/30vizv5.jpg
Bouwmeesters very first time!

SoCalBronco
04-28-2013, 07:23 PM
I would say with the talent they have and familiarity within division, they may give you fits but then I remember how ****ty they are on defense with their boneheaded plays.

Isles have some good talent, but they aren't ready. It's over in 5, even without Crosby.

I'm glad the caps avoided Ottawa. That's an annoying team to play against and Craig Anderson is having that type of year...

You are glad you avoided Ottawa?

Finkle is going to take that as an additional insult to the Rangers from you. :)

24champ
04-28-2013, 07:28 PM
Most intriguing matchups in the east are Ottawa and Montreal, then Maple Leafs and Bruins. Those Canadian cities will be a circus for two weeks.

Lestat
04-29-2013, 12:02 AM
three great pieces of news from the Avs.
Sacco was fired, Eric Lacroix left the organization and we can pick no lower than 3rd should a team jump above us and Florida to win the draft lotto.

so that means either Jones,MacKinnon or Drouin will be an Av. all three are frickin studs. Barkov rounds out the top 4.

Ray Finkle
04-29-2013, 04:08 AM
Its easy for Finkle to talk **** now that the Rags avoided us. Dude was pissing blood in fear of us.

You can get out from under your Moms dress now Finkle. You've avoided the King Sid (the real Tranny) and the legion of whiney Pens bitches....for now.

Good things come to those who wait....NY's only getting stronger with Staal, Clowe, and Dorest set to return soon.

canadianbroncosfan
04-29-2013, 06:08 AM
So it begins on HFboards...Hilarious!

http://i40.tinypic.com/317bgps.jpg

Ha-ha REP!!

canadianbroncosfan
04-29-2013, 06:14 AM
Most intriguing matchups in the east are Ottawa and Montreal, then Maple Leafs and Bruins. Those Canadian cities will be a circus for two weeks.

Any combination of those four teams would've made for some amazing hockey.

Montreal-Toronto would've been an incredible series but so would Montreal-Boston and the battle of Ontario. I typically don't care too much about the Eastern Conference but I'm definitely going to be tuning in this year.

Swedish Extrovert
04-29-2013, 05:30 PM
After the Pios fired Gwozdecky, I figured the Avs could get things turned around very quickly if just a couple of things happened.

First, they get the first overall pick in the draft to get Seth Jones.

Second, to hire George Gwozdecky.

The first happened today. Avs with the first pick.... Seth Jones is as good as an Av now. He grew up in Denver. Sakic was his mentor. If the Avs don't take him, then I will be supremely pissed.

BroncosSR
04-29-2013, 05:31 PM
Wow, avalanche won the lottery. Seth Jones it is.

gyldenlove
04-29-2013, 05:41 PM
Time for picks for the playoffs:

EC:

Pittsburgh beats up Brooklyn in 5.

Montreal squeaks by Ottawa in 6.

Rangers put Oakes on the hot seat in 7.

Bruins put Toronto fans back in missery in 5.

WC:

Blackhawks sweep Parise and Suter in 4.

Red Wings take the Ducks in 6.

Vancouver beats San Jose in 5.

Los Angeles beat the Blues in 7.

BroncosSR
04-29-2013, 05:42 PM
2013 Draft Lottery Results

1 Colorado Avalanche
2 Florida Panthers
3 Tampa Bay Lightning
4 Nashville Predators
5 Carolina Hurricanes
6 Calgary Flames
7 Edmonton Oilers
8 Buffalo Sabres
9 New Jersey Devils
10 Dallas Stars
11 Philadelphia Flyers
12 Phoenix Coyotes
13 Winnipeg Jets
14 Columbus Blue Jackets

Lestat
04-29-2013, 05:48 PM
Seth Jones baby!!!!!!!!!!!!! YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new coach,new VP,new franchise D man.
it will be sweet to see Jones and EJ together next year.
then have Barrie with Hejda, Elliot and Wilson. finally a legit D corps.

but if the Avs take someone other than Seth Jones... i can't even look at them.

24champ
04-29-2013, 05:52 PM
Time for picks for the playoffs:

EC:

Pittsburgh beats up Brooklyn in 5.

Montreal squeaks by Ottawa in 6.

Rangers put Oakes on the hot seat in 7.

Bruins put Toronto fans back in missery in 5.

WC:

Blackhawks sweep Parise and Suter in 4.

Red Wings take the Ducks in 6.

Vancouver beats San Jose in 5.

Los Angeles beat the Blues in 7.

East

Pitt in 5
MTL in 7
Rags in 5
Tor in 6 (Sorry Beantown)

West
Blackhawks in 4
Ducks in 7
Vancouver in 4
Will not pick the LA/STL series, don't wanna jinx it. :)

BroncosSR
04-29-2013, 05:58 PM
It is nice how Jason Collins just paved the way for Sidney Crosby.

SoCalBronco
04-29-2013, 07:29 PM
It is nice how Jason Collins just paved the way for Sidney Crosby.

How's the couch feeling?

Ray Finkle
04-29-2013, 07:32 PM
How's the couch feeling?

Ask Crosby, his face is usually plastered in one.....Hilarious!

SoCalBronco
04-29-2013, 07:33 PM
EAST
PIT 4-1 or 4-2
OTT 4-2
WSH 4-2 or 4-3
BO'S 4-2

WEST
CHI 4-1
ANA 4-2
VAN 4-2
STL 4-3

Ray Finkle
04-29-2013, 07:40 PM
EAST
PIT 4-1 or 4-2
OTT 4-2
WSH 4-2 or 4-3
BO'S 4-2

WEST
CHI 4-1
ANA 4-2
VAN 4-2
STL 4-3

You picked against NY because A. You're afraid and B. because of the Crosby joke.

24champ
04-29-2013, 07:43 PM
EAST
PIT 4-1 or 4-2
OTT 4-2
WSH 4-2 or 4-3
BO'S 4-2

WEST
CHI 4-1
ANA 4-2
VAN 4-2
STL 4-3

You never predict sweeps!

Also I wish NBCSN would play this theme song before the playoffs.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MfOB3jzfpoU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SoCalBronco
04-29-2013, 07:43 PM
You picked against NY because A. You're afraid and B. because of the Crosby joke.

As you know I'm rooting for you in this series. I think it will be very close....right now slight edge to WAS because they are on a tear...but the King could win it by standing on his head as he often does.

I preferred playing NYR in Round 1 as I said earlier because we historically own you.

SoCalBronco
04-29-2013, 07:45 PM
You never predict sweeps!

Also I wish NBCSN would play this theme song before the playoffs.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MfOB3jzfpoU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I LOVE that theme. The NHL on ESPN and the NBA on NBC themes are the two best sports themes of all time.

Lestat
04-29-2013, 07:54 PM
I LOVE that theme. The NHL on ESPN and the NBA on NBC themes are the two best sports themes of all time.

indeed, so glad NBA tv still uses that NBC theme.

RedskinBronco
04-29-2013, 07:58 PM
As you know I'm rooting for you in this series. I think it will be very close....right now slight edge to WAS because they are on a tear...but the King could win it by standing on his head as he often does.

I preferred playing NYR in Round 1 as I said earlier because we historically own you.

It always amazes me for a team that has never won a Cup, how much other fan bases hate the caps.

I don't nearly see as much hate for the avalanche, who have 2 Cups on the resume.

It's kind of weird lol

SoCalBronco
04-29-2013, 08:01 PM
It always amazes me for a team that has never won a Cup, how much other fan bases hate the caps.

I don't nearly see as much hate for the avalanche, who have 2 Cups on the resume.

It's kind of weird lol

Well...for one thing we are rivals and have been for some time...it's not like some Calgary fan is randomly saying he hates the Caps.

Kid A
04-29-2013, 08:02 PM
Avs won the Seth Jones lottery! One Team One Goal! Mission Accomplished!

Hercules Rockefeller
04-29-2013, 08:26 PM
Seth Jones baby!!!!!!!!!!!!! YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new coach,new VP,new franchise D man.
it will be sweet to see Jones and EJ together next year.
then have Barrie with Hejda, Elliot and Wilson. finally a legit D corps.

but if the Avs take someone other than Seth Jones... i can't even look at them.

Would be stupid to have SJ with the big club next year. Don't rush big defenseman.

24champ
04-29-2013, 08:30 PM
TSN kicks off the playoff season right...you won't see the morons at NBCSN do this stuff in the states.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3P2Xei364HY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ray Finkle
04-29-2013, 08:30 PM
Hilarious!It always amazes me for a team that has never won a Cup, how much other fan bases hate the caps.

It's kind of weird lol

One word....Druce.

Lestat
04-29-2013, 08:36 PM
Would be stupid to have SJ with the big club next year. Don't rush big defenseman.

no matter what team took him he was starting in the NHL this season.
there are 4 prospects considered NHL ready in this draft. well, 5 but Nichushkin is staying in the KHL two more years.
Jones is the consensus #1 and considered NHL ready, MacKinnon is the #2, Drouin the #3 and Barkov the #4. all considered ready to play and Jones especially.

he'll be fine in the NHL without going to the minors.

BroncosSR
04-29-2013, 10:23 PM

Just think. Four more of these and then you've built a team the Penguin way. That's after the bankruptcy that is.

SoCalBronco
04-29-2013, 11:29 PM
The bitterness runs deep in this one.

I dont blame you, though. 1975 was a long time ago.

I was minus 5 at the time.

Lestat
04-29-2013, 11:56 PM
Just think. Four more of these and then you've built a team the Penguin way. That's after the bankruptcy that is.

we've already drafted Duchene #3, Landeskog #2 & likely Jones #1.
i've had enough picking high.

BroncosSR
04-30-2013, 04:11 AM
The bitterness runs deep in this one.

I dont blame you, though. 1975 was a long time ago.

I was minus 5 at the time.

Actually not bitter at all. Just remember how you got there, that's all. 95% of your fan base doesn't because they didn't exist pre-2006.

spdirty
04-30-2013, 08:07 AM

Hilarious!

Smiling Assassin27
04-30-2013, 09:55 AM
http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/uploads/gallery/album_73/gallery_19581_73_22206.gif

bronco militia
04-30-2013, 11:00 AM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e149/njdevils17/parross.gif

bronco militia
04-30-2013, 11:02 AM
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6391/fleurysave.gif

bronco militia
04-30-2013, 11:04 AM
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c204/frotwenty/HockeyPics/Photoshops/HFBoards/GentleTwins-1.gif

bronco militia
04-30-2013, 11:06 AM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g153/McNasty_2006/ohtheresthecamerap1.gif

Lestat
04-30-2013, 11:06 AM
Hilarious!

Joe Sacco did one thing right. he lost better than most other coaches, but even then he almost let Gigure **** it up.

bronco militia
04-30-2013, 11:10 AM
http://www.soniccherry.com/funny/photoshop/robblake.gif

WABronco
04-30-2013, 03:21 PM
Lol these are solid GIFS.

http://vansunsportsblogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Henrik-and-the-Rodney-Kings.gif

^This one is called Henrik and the Rodney Kings haha.

If anyone could find that one where Henrik is spraying SOS on the boards after he got lit up by Dustin Brown...POST IT

WABronco
04-30-2013, 03:21 PM
http://puckbuddys.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/too_much_man.jpg

WABronco
04-30-2013, 03:26 PM
http://images.wildammo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/violent-recently.gif

Lestat
04-30-2013, 03:42 PM
http://www.soniccherry.com/funny/photoshop/robblake.gif

why oh why is this one my favorite? i can't stop laughing Hilarious!

24champ
04-30-2013, 04:15 PM
http://oi45.tinypic.com/30shz88.jpg

SoCalBronco
04-30-2013, 08:23 PM
Free hockey in St Louis and Chicago

bronco militia
04-30-2013, 08:38 PM
Woohoo!...what a great start to the playoffs! :militia:

SoCalBronco
04-30-2013, 08:40 PM
Still don't know if Sid was cleared by doctors today. They are keeping it tight lipped.

Lestat
04-30-2013, 08:42 PM
that Hawks-Wild game was insane. exactly why i love the playoffs. i really hope the Avs return soon and become a big factor in them.

SoCalBronco
05-01-2013, 07:05 AM
Looks like Sid has not received clearance for Game 1.

Edit: Sid and Orpik out game 1.

From what Bob MacKenzie tweeted looks like he could go in Game 2 or 3.

socalorado
05-01-2013, 08:56 AM
Looks like Sid has not received clearance for Game 1.

Edit: Sid and Orpik out game 1.

From what Bob MacKenzie tweeted looks like he could go in Game 2 or 3.

Who cares? Someone is just going to drop his shoulder into that fairy, and put him right back on the bench in his dress where he belongs. More than likely it will be one of his own teammates.
And then with all his free time he can get with obama and make the announcement that hes ghey........not that theres anything wrong with that.

bronco militia
05-01-2013, 09:22 AM
Who cares? Someone is just going to drop his shoulder into that fairy, and put him right back on the bench in his dress where he belongs. More than likely it will be one of his own teammates.
And then with all his free time he can get with obama and make the announcement that hes ghey........not that theres anything wrong with that.

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

broncocalijohn
05-01-2013, 11:32 AM
Still don't know if Sid was cleared by doctors today. They are keeping it tight lipped.

See bold. Are you speaking of not saying anything or Sid's pussy?

broncocalijohn
05-01-2013, 11:38 AM
HA HA!!!! Such a fat stick and still couldn't control puck. Like a punter trying to throw a pass.

http://youtu.be/4pXYBmovhsg

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4pXYBmovhsg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>