PDA

View Full Version : 2012-2013 General NHL Hockey Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

gyldenlove
03-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Howard's had a very good year so far and I was shocked to read that Kronwall's a Norris candidate at -3. Brunner's been a great addition and plays well with Z. Still, with Bertuzzi, Sammy, Flip, Mule and Helm out for significant amounts of time, I agree that Babcock's been coaching well. Sleeper for second half: Tatar. I just don't see anyone that can put up consistent offense right now.

Howard started out pretty rusty, but has really picked it up the last 15 games. Tatar has been really impressive, he is getting power play time now and is definitely the most dangerous forward who isn't playing in the top 6. Kronwall has been good, but his defense is still a bit sloppy at times and his puck handling in his own zone is not as good as it could be, but offensive he has been outstanding. Brunner, Z and Datsyuk have all been playing great hockey, Brunner is still a bit weak in the corners and around the net and he whiffs on too many shots, but he has a really great eye and the speed of the game doesn't seem to bother him at all, that outlet pass to Franzen against Colorado that set up the 1st goal was perfect, tape to tape.

broncocalijohn
03-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Hodgsons goal might have been GOTY in that game.

see for yourself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pyGSyfkO6I

socalorado
03-07-2013, 03:36 PM
see for yourself.

Filthy. Just filthy.

RedskinBronco
03-07-2013, 04:53 PM
not bad at all...Im in Alexandria and there is snow on the ground but none on the streets.

of course if you're about 30 miles west, you have 6-8 easy.

Yeah not bad at all; typical overreaction lol

Sorry, I missed the post beantown.

Anyways back to the hockey; tonight is huge in the league. Some teams need huge wins to stay in the races. Some could be starting to think sell off mode by this weekend.

Varly was tremendous last night. What is concerning for the Avs was that they played a solid game and Chicago was playing a below average game for them and they still managed to win. Talent discrepancy right now is just too great between the 2 teams. It's the kind of loss that can spiral into a losing streak for the Avs. They have been treading .500 but that loss could lead to more losing.

SoCalBronco
03-07-2013, 06:22 PM
We just can't beat Philly.

Ray Finkle
03-07-2013, 07:39 PM
We just can't beat Philly.

But both teams play great efense.....

SoCalBronco
03-07-2013, 07:48 PM
But both teams play great efense.....

Yeah looks like I spoke too soon when it was 4-1. I'll definitely take the comeback win. 3 more points for Sid. He will run away with Art Ross if he stays healthy.

maher_tyler
03-08-2013, 12:03 AM
The lowly Blue Jackets and all their injuries now have a longer win streak than the Avs at an incredible 3 straight games.

Ray Finkle
03-08-2013, 04:43 AM
Yeah looks like I spoke too soon when it was 4-1. I'll definitely take the comeback win. 3 more points for Sid. He will run away with Art Ross if he stays healthy.

And a first round exit due to the fact that they can't play defense to save their life.

Beantown Bronco
03-08-2013, 06:19 AM
Bs are now 8-0 in their last 8 games against Toronto. Kessel can't buy a goal against them. Love it.

maher_tyler
03-08-2013, 08:11 PM
How was that not delay of game on Chicago?

Kid A
03-08-2013, 08:27 PM
4-1. Biggest deficit Hawks have seen this season...but this is the Avs, so still on edge.

maher_tyler
03-08-2013, 08:42 PM
4-1. Biggest deficit Hawks have seen this season...but this is the Avs, so still on edge.

5-1. I think we got this. Best 40 minutes I've seen out of this team in at least 2 years.

Holy ****...what an epic scrum...I'm dying over here :rofl:

Kid A
03-08-2013, 08:48 PM
5-1. I think we got this. Best 40 minutes I've seen out of this team in at least 2 years.

I live in Chicago and generally like the Hawks / seeing the city get into hockey. But after weeks of hearing about the streak constantly, this is pretty fun.

Tomorrow morning it will be back to them being the best team in the league and us scrapping for the 8 seed, but for tonight I'm proud it was the Avs that snapped it.

Lestat
03-09-2013, 12:15 AM

more like 3 but ok, we'll go with the 2. really good hockey from the Avs in this game.

24champ
03-09-2013, 12:50 AM
This mean they extend Sacco? ;D

24champ
03-09-2013, 01:12 PM
The NHL will go to 4 conferences next season. NHLPA approved it.

Good to see the Kings end up back in the old Smythe Division format.

http://www.icethetics.info/storage/blog13/0225-nhl-realign13.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=136182093 0914

broncocalijohn
03-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Bs are now 8-0 in their last 8 games against Toronto. Kessel can't buy a goal against them. Love it.

I can beat that. Ducks are now 17-0 vs the Flames at Anaheim. That is one sick streak and if I was a Flames fan, I would just go see my team in LA or Phoenix/San Jose.

Ducks and Faust get the shutout with 4-0 win. I finally sat in one of my new season seats and they are next to the pressbox. So freaking high up and to the side of the attacking (twice) goal. So I did my ticket seat upgrade between 1st and 2nd period and my son and I saw a family leaving from the parking lot (you are allowed outside during periods for smoke breaks) and they had 6 glass seats! Sweeeeet! Hooked up my coach and his family and watched 40 minutes of hockey from corner glass.

So Avs, one of the worst teams in the West, kick ass all over the Blackhawks and their record .

SoCalBronco
03-09-2013, 03:08 PM
And a first round exit due to the fact that they can't play defense to save their life.

First round depends on the matchup. We have your number...just like Philly usually has ours. It's all match ups. I don't know how far they will go except to say they can't get past Boston.

chadta
03-09-2013, 06:15 PM
First round depends on the matchup. We have your number...just like Philly usually has ours. It's all match ups. I don't know how far they will go except to say they can't get past Boston.

You may be in luck, im not so sure philly is going to make the play offs. They started off slow and have only gotten worse, by the time i get back from vacation they may be totally out of it.

SoCalBronco
03-09-2013, 07:48 PM
Going to the shoot out vs TOR.......Geno may miss some games with a shoulder injury. Sid was luckier....avoiding injury on what could have been a disaster.

maher_tyler
03-09-2013, 09:30 PM
more like 3 but ok, we'll go with the 2. really good hockey from the Avs in this game.

I knew at had been a long time. I'm sure they'll fallow it up with an epic let down against the Sharks.

Aftermath
03-10-2013, 01:11 AM
see for yourself.

Never mind I'm guessing that was for others bc I never posted video. CoHo is his nickname btw lol.

Ray Finkle
03-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Fat Ovie loafs and hands the game to NY.

SoCalBronco
03-10-2013, 04:12 PM
Fat Ovie loafs and hands the game to NY.

I didn't see your game this morning just the score. Saw he was -3 what happened?

Ray Finkle
03-10-2013, 05:15 PM
I didn't see your game this morning just the score. Saw he was -3 what happened?

goal 1-piss poor neutral zone play and no back check.
goal 2-commits 2 lazy penalties, Boyle scores on delayed penalty.
goal 3-(off 2nd penalty)
goal 4-no effort to back check and pick up Richards

This is the captain of a team? He's so lazy he makes Kovalev look like a hard worker.

SoCalBronco
03-10-2013, 05:49 PM
goal 1-piss poor neutral zone play and no back check.
goal 2-commits 2 lazy penalties, Boyle scores on delayed penalty.
goal 3-(off 2nd penalty)
goal 4-no effort to back check and pick up Richards

This is the captain of a team? He's so lazy he makes Kovalev look like a hard worker.

IMO......the Kovy line was excessively harsh. I think he just has let the weight of expectations get to him.

Sid has 3 assists so far tonight..... still in the first period lol.

Ray Finkle
03-10-2013, 06:01 PM
IMO......the Kovy line was excessively harsh. I think he just has let the weight of expectations get to him.

Sid has 3 assists so far tonight..... still in the first period lol.

Any other player would be benched. No one does anything with Fovie for fear of Ted. He's has become the typical Russian player.

gyldenlove
03-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Any other player would be benched. No one does anything with Fovie for fear of Ted. He's has become the typical Russian player.

That is the problem, they have so much money tied up in him they can't do anything and because of that they protect him from everything.

SoCalBronco
03-10-2013, 06:30 PM
Hah...another point. Love playing the Isles... Sid always goes off on them. 4 and counting....come on 2 more.

Ray Finkle
03-10-2013, 06:42 PM
That is the problem, they have so much money tied up in him they can't do anything and because of that they protect him from everything.

Any coach would have nailed his ass to the bench after the first lazy penalty.

gyldenlove
03-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Any coach would have nailed his ass to the bench after the first lazy penalty.

Not if the owner is going to be in the lockerroom between periods telling the coach he goes back on the ice.

SoCalBronco
03-10-2013, 07:59 PM
5 point night for Sid. Hopefully Geno is back Tuesday vs Boston.

Edit: Geno out 1-2 weeks.

RedskinBronco
03-10-2013, 08:32 PM
An embarrassing weekend for the **** show that is the caps.

It's the same old crap every era. Ovechkin deserved big time blame for the game against the Isles on Saturday. Him and Ribeiro were extremely selfish players that game. Penalties, lack of focus, dumb decisions, etc.

It's an organization problem. The same crap that happened with Larry Murphy will happen with Ovechkin. The same thing that happened with Jaromir Jagr will happen with Ovechkin.

Ovechkin will be run out of town and win a Cup elsewhere. No one in DC realizes the pattern across the history of the caps. A lot of bandwagon sheep will drink the kool aid Ted Leonsis throws at them.

You cannot acquire Jaromir Jagr, put him with an AHL defense and scream that you are going to win the Cup.

You cannot put Alex Ovechkin with grinders and again AHL guys on defense and expect results. They expect Ovechkin to carry a crappy team and truthfully to my eyes 8 has checked out of DC.

I don't blame him. I blamed Larry Murphy, Scott Stevens, Jaromir Jagr and **** even Brendan Witt and Halpern with their gripes against the organization.

You know what though? Alex Ovechkin was loyal in 2008 when everyone was telling him to GTFO of the 2nd rate hockey market like DC (a reputation well earned) but he stayed and helped build some elite regular season teams with other core guys who btw are now always injured (Green) or MIA (Backstrom).

So at the end of the day, so as to not be burned as in the past; I am going to give ovechkin the benefit of the doubt and blame this piece of **** organization or lack thereof. I've seen enough throughout the caps history to give the organization a break.

Ownership and management is the big culprit here. Once ovechkin is traded, it will play out what was really the issue in DC.

MVP-06
03-10-2013, 08:34 PM
To many damn Californians live here. Half the crowd just cheered when the Sharks scored. Embarrassing

RedskinBronco
03-10-2013, 08:38 PM
One more thing. Dale Hunter benched Ovechkin, he tried the authoritative mind games, etc.

When DH found out that Ted Leonsis is only about marketing, he said **** this and went back to London. Of course the organization put it as "he was home sick and wanted to go back"

Complete BS. Dale Hunter wanted nothing to do with this clown show. He knew he couldn't fulfill his dream of winning a Cup here with Ted Leonsis and Co. in charge. Unlike Mcphee, DH will not stand for being hamstrung. Mcphee just accepts being overruled.

maher_tyler
03-10-2013, 08:41 PM
To many damn Californians live here. Half the crowd just cheered when the Sharks scored. Embarrassing

On yet another Hunwick turnover. No clue why he's playing over Barrie.

MVP-06
03-10-2013, 08:47 PM
On yet another Hunwick turnover. No clue why he's playing over Barrie.

I know, hopefully we get em in the shootout!

MVP-06
03-10-2013, 08:49 PM
Lol, nevermind. That was awesome .2 seconds left in ot!

Kid A
03-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Buzzer beater! Sweet finish, Duchene is playing out of his mind right now.

maher_tyler
03-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Lol, nevermind. That was awesome .2 seconds left in ot!

That was sick!

RedskinBronco
03-10-2013, 09:29 PM
good couple of Ws for the avs. They need to string a streak together.

SoCalBronco
03-10-2013, 09:52 PM
One more thing. Dale Hunter benched Ovechkin, he tried the authoritative mind games, etc.

When DH found out that Ted Leonsis is only about marketing, he said **** this and went back to London. Of course the organization put it as "he was home sick and wanted to go back"

Complete BS. Dale Hunter wanted nothing to do with this clown show. He knew he couldn't fulfill his dream of winning a Cup here with Ted Leonsis and Co. in charge. Unlike Mcphee, DH will not stand for being hamstrung. Mcphee just accepts being overruled.

I think the biggest issue is talent as a whole. One key guy is gone and the rest (AO, backstrom, Carlson, green) all simultaneously fell off their games (even before he left). You can survive one guy having a very extended slump but not a bunch of guys all t once. I know there are injury issues with green and backstrom so that's not their fault but still everyone has to get back to their former selfs or you will top out as a .500 team.

Lestat
03-10-2013, 11:58 PM
Buzzer beater! Sweet finish, Duchene is playing out of his mind right now.

Duchene is playing like he wants that C on his jersey instead of Lando.

Ray Finkle
03-11-2013, 05:28 AM
An embarrassing weekend for the **** show that is the caps.

It's the same old crap every era. Ovechkin deserved big time blame for the game against the Isles on Saturday. Him and Ribeiro were extremely selfish players that game. Penalties, lack of focus, dumb decisions, etc.

It's an organization problem. The same crap that happened with Larry Murphy will happen with Ovechkin. The same thing that happened with Jaromir Jagr will happen with Ovechkin.

Ovechkin will be run out of town and win a Cup elsewhere. No one in DC realizes the pattern across the history of the caps. A lot of bandwagon sheep will drink the kool aid Ted Leonsis throws at them.

You cannot acquire Jaromir Jagr, put him with an AHL defense and scream that you are going to win the Cup.

You cannot put Alex Ovechkin with grinders and again AHL guys on defense and expect results. They expect Ovechkin to carry a crappy team and truthfully to my eyes 8 has checked out of DC.

I don't blame him. I blamed Larry Murphy, Scott Stevens, Jaromir Jagr and **** even Brendan Witt and Halpern with their gripes against the organization.

You know what though? Alex Ovechkin was loyal in 2008 when everyone was telling him to GTFO of the 2nd rate hockey market like DC (a reputation well earned) but he stayed and helped build some elite regular season teams with other core guys who btw are now always injured (Green) or MIA (Backstrom).

So at the end of the day, so as to not be burned as in the past; I am going to give ovechkin the benefit of the doubt and blame this piece of **** organization or lack thereof. I've seen enough throughout the caps history to give the organization a break.

Ownership and management is the big culprit here. Once ovechkin is traded, it will play out what was really the issue in DC.

All of those guys had great work ethic, something F-Ovie hasn't had in about 5 years.

RedskinBronco
03-11-2013, 07:08 AM
All of those guys had great work ethic, something F-Ovie hasn't had in about 5 years.

I cannot and will not argue. You are right in terms of that he doesn't bring it every night anymore. His elite level performances are few and far between these days.

BUT, like I said, I personally believe this is a byproduct of him checking out. Is it right? Probably not, but those other guys checked out too.

The media grills him like they do other Russian players. No one says a damn thing when a North American player wants out.

You simply cannot keep an unhappy player around. Ovechkin is just mentally not there in DC anymore. He is broken and he needs a revival and I don't think that can happen in DC with the clowns that run the show.

RedskinBronco
03-11-2013, 07:13 AM
I think the biggest issue is talent as a whole. One key guy is gone and the rest (AO, backstrom, Carlson, green) all simultaneously fell off their games (even before he left). You can survive one guy having a very extended slump but not a bunch of guys all t once. I know there are injury issues with green and backstrom so that's not their fault but still everyone has to get back to their former selfs or you will top out as a .500 team.

Yep, that's true. I do feel Backstrom is injured so I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Semin, they had to cut bait with him. The idiotic thing about it all was not REPLACING him with another top 6 scoring forward. Green has just proven to be made of glass.

DH had that team going through a wall for him. It's amazing that they should have really beat the rangers to get to the ECF and then you never know what happens.

Ray Finkle
03-11-2013, 07:46 AM
I cannot and will not argue. You are right in terms of that he doesn't bring it every night anymore. His elite level performances are few and far between these days.

BUT, like I said, I personally believe this is a byproduct of him checking out. Is it right? Probably not, but those other guys checked out too.

The media grills him like they do other Russian players. No one says a damn thing when a North American player wants out.

You simply cannot keep an unhappy player around. Ovechkin is just mentally not there in DC anymore. He is broken and he needs a revival and I don't think that can happen in DC with the clowns that run the show.

See Carter, Jeff.....

Difference between F-Ovie and guys like Nash are that Nash still busted his tail on a losing team. You have a captain that doesn't care, it poisons the well.

Beantown Bronco
03-11-2013, 08:47 AM
Tonight the Bruins start a murderous stretch of 5 games in 7 nights with two of them on the road against Pittsburgh, both of which are the 2nd games in back to back nights. Here's where the lockout will hurt.

socalorado
03-11-2013, 08:52 AM
See Carter, Jeff.....

Difference between F-Ovie and guys like Nash are that Nash still busted his tail on a losing team. You have a captain that doesn't care, it poisons the well.

Meanwhile......
Ducks center Ryan Getzlaf has signed an eight-year, $66-million contract extension, the team announced Friday.

Thought the Ducks would let him walk, but this is great news for Duck fans.
1 more signing to go.........

DivineLegion
03-11-2013, 09:35 AM
Tonight the Bruins start a murderous stretch of 5 games in 7 nights with two of them on the road against Pittsburgh, both of which are the 2nd games in back to back nights. Here's where the lockout will hurt.

Yea, that brings up a really good point. Who in the NHL front office hates the Bruins? You guys have played 22 games, and there are 43 days left (26 games in 43 days)...in comparison the Canes have 24 games left in 43 days, and we are literally playing every other night from here on out. I guess it's a blessing and a curse, but look what it did to Philly playing such a condensed season early on. It might bode well for the Flyers since they will have more rest than some of their opponents later on, and already went through a bulk of 'condensed schedual injuries'. I hope the Bs have some solid depth, because your about to realize what every one else in the league has already come to terms with; a game every other night in Hockey means a boat load of injuries.

gyldenlove
03-11-2013, 09:42 AM
I am quite happy that Detroit has been playing so many games early through all the injuries they have had - at least things may get better. Of course in next month and a half the team has 2 trips to Western Canada and one extended California trip plus a shorter southwest trip.

Beantown Bronco
03-11-2013, 09:51 AM
Yea, that brings up a really good point. Who in the NHL front office hates the Bruins? You guys have played 22 games, and there are 43 days left (26 games in 43 days)...in comparison the Canes have 24 games left in 43 days, and we are literally playing every other night from here on out.

One of our games was cancelled due to a blizzard, which didn't help. I'm just hoping that the Canadiens start to slide and B's keep this pace up for a few more weeks and lock up a top seed early so they can rest guys a little more that last week or two. It definitely helps that we have very balanced scoring, can roll 4 lines consistently, have two good goalies that will most likely rotate every third game or so and have a few guys in the AHL right now that have big club experience....so depth hopefully won't be too much of an issue.

RedskinBronco
03-11-2013, 07:27 PM
See Carter, Jeff.....

we will have to agree to disagree on this. When **** goes bad, a lot of guys give up.

Nash wasn't busting his ass all the time from what I saw. Remember many were wondering whatever happened to him.

But when it's a North American, it's "he needs change of scenery; get out of that hell hole"

When it's a European, it's "look at his half assing, killing his team."

It's the xenophobia that comes along with the Canadian media. They have to always put down European players so Canada is always #1 in hockey.

A lot of players half ass when teams are not good enough, even good ole Jarome Iginla.

It's just that Ovechkin is the evil Russian. He is punished for daring to go toe to toe with Canada's golden boy Crosby. The irony of it all is they squeezed every last $ out of Ovechkin. They loved marketing and making all that revenue off him.

Now they don't need him because Canada rules.

Ray Finkle
03-11-2013, 07:33 PM
we will have to agree to disagree on this. When **** goes bad, a lot of guys give up.

Nash wasn't busting his ass all the time from what I saw. Remember many were wondering whatever happened to him.

But when it's a North American, it's "he needs change of scenery; get out of that hell hole"

It's the xenophobia that comes along with the Canadian media. They have to always put down European players so Canada is always #1 in hockey.

A lot of players half ass when teams are not good enough, even good ole Jarome Iginla.

It's just that Ovechkin is the evil Russian. He is punished for daring to go toe to toe with Canada's golden boy Crosby. The irony of it all is they squeezed every last $ out of Ovechkin. They loved marketing and making all that revenue off him.

That is crap about JI and Nash, never did they play as lazy as Fovie. If they did, thy would have been benched. Would Hitchcock or Sutter allow that?

RedskinBronco
03-11-2013, 08:00 PM
That is crap about JI and Nash, never did they play as lazy as Fovie. If they did, thy would have been benched. Would Hitchcock or Sutter allow that?

I watch a lot of games and I have seen them loaf just as much as Ovechkin. Can you blame them when they play on ****ty teams? The NHL is very taxing on the body and a lot of guys give up when the squad is not there.

Like I said, I am not trying to convince you. In fact, Ovechkin has his faults and he needs to step the **** up. My point was merely is that from all my viewing and just playing the sport a lot over the years, JI and Nash float just as much as Ovie when **** goes wrong. At least that's what my eyes see.

And to your point, DH did bench a loafing ovechkin last season. Too bad Ted was not having any of it.

maher_tyler
03-11-2013, 10:26 PM
Duchene is playing like he wants that C on his jersey instead of Lando.

I like Landeskog with the "C". Give him a few more years. He will be one of the best players in the league.

SoCalBronco
03-11-2013, 10:30 PM

I'll be happy if we can get a split with you guys...especially with Geno out again.

Beantown Bronco
03-13-2013, 07:29 AM
I'll be happy if we can get a split with you guys...especially with Geno out again.

Congrats SoCal. Good win for you guys. Looks like mental and physical fatigue, combined with sitting on a lead, took over in the 3rd. The B's really need to get last year's 3rd period killer instinct back. We've given up a few too many late leads for my taste this year.

DivineLegion
03-13-2013, 07:35 AM
Sorry Redskin, revenge was sweet!

Baba Booey
03-13-2013, 10:47 PM
Devils beat the Flyers 5-2 but it really wasn't that close.

Hilarious to watch Simmonds and Hartnell lose their minds when the Devils don't fall for their nonsense.

RedskinBronco
03-13-2013, 11:09 PM
Sorry Redskin, revenge was sweet!

No worries, I want to tank so changes are made. It's pathetic that Mcphee has been here 15+ years; a joke.

Why don't you cooperate and lay a beatdown in raleigh so changes come more quickly :~ohyah!:

Also, the better Semin does in Carolina the more it shows how inept the culture/environment is here and that will in turn force changes too.

I can always say that Carolina for the most part has been a great family type atmosphere in that organization. It's a good fit for Semin. He also now plays with top notch center like Staal. Other than Backstrom in spurts here or Fedorov he never really had that here.

Everyone is now piling it on Ovechkin but he too now is playing with garbage. He should have had 3 or 4 points last night but when you play with the figure skater Johansson who doesn't know how to use a hockey stick, well of course he's not going to get assists on those prime set ups.

Beantown Bronco
03-14-2013, 05:56 PM
Devils beat the Flyers 5-2 but it really wasn't that close.

Hilarious to watch Simmonds and Hartnell lose their minds when the Devils don't fall for their nonsense.

Seriously....what's happened to the Flyers this year? Just miserable hockey.

canadianbroncosfan
03-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Man first the Avs, then the Oilers and now squeak one out with only one goals against Columbus???? Chicago needs to get back on track, especially against the bottom teams.

RedskinBronco
03-14-2013, 08:56 PM

I had them missing this year.

Their forwards, I am ok with; pretty solid.

Their defense is HORRIBLE. Timonen is old (brutal schedule for him), Grossman is not a top 2 pairing guy. Coburn is not playing to his abilities but that's because he has to cover for the very (IMO) overrated Luke Schenn.

Usually the defense is good enough to cover for bad goaltending, but the Flyers are a disaster this year because both are bad.

SoCalBronco
03-14-2013, 10:45 PM
Sweet no look pass by Sid.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lrsb-cxhVik" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

broncosteven
03-17-2013, 11:22 AM
Anyone watch the Hawks beat down the Stars last night? Toews had 2 quick goals then this sweet spinerama by Kaner:

http://video.blackhawks.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=222209&lang=en

Hawks were skating circles around them

SoCalBronco
03-17-2013, 01:15 PM
I've got a lot of respect for Chicago but right now I think we could take them. It would be a war but I'm impressed with how we've improved defensively and are really playing at a high level overall...even without Geno.

Letang got hurt today.....hopefully its not serious that would really hurt.

broncosteven
03-17-2013, 01:22 PM
I've got a lot of respect for Chicago but right now I think we could take them. It would be a war but I'm impressed with how we've improved defensively and are really playing at a high level overall...even without Geno.

Letang got hurt today.....hopefully its not serious that would really hurt.

I watched the 3rd period today, Sure your more physical but we have better team speed and are getting contributions from young guys like Saad. Keith is playing at a high level on D.

Would be a fun series.

Aftermath
03-17-2013, 10:37 PM

Homer went all in for Weber and failed. We have enough 3-6 dmen but lack a true #1. Homer failed to get us a capable backup goalie and we are forced to start Bryzgalov every single game. Im sure he is very tired after the brutal first half of the schedule we have faced. It gets easier from here on out.

canadianbroncosfan
03-17-2013, 10:55 PM

Just curious how much Canadian hockey coverage you watch?

There are plenty of N.A. players that get ripped just plenty. Dion Phanuef and Nazim Kadri are two examples that shoulder the blame every time the Leafs have a bad game. Here in Edmonton; Eberle is the future of the franchise and god forbid he have an eleven game streak without a goal, he shoulders the blame for the Oilers woes.

Ovechkin does get ripped but no more than N.A. players, and part of his thing is people will always put more blame on the guys with the $100M contracts, it comes with the territory in every sport.

Aftermath
03-18-2013, 02:26 AM
Yea, that brings up a really good point. Who in the NHL front office hates the Bruins? You guys have played 22 games, and there are 43 days left (26 games in 43 days)...in comparison the Canes have 24 games left in 43 days, and we are literally playing every other night from here on out. I guess it's a blessing and a curse, but look what it did to Philly playing such a condensed season early on. It might bode well for the Flyers since they will have more rest than some of their opponents later on, and already went through a bulk of 'condensed schedual injuries'. I hope the Bs have some solid depth, because your about to realize what every one else in the league has already come to terms with; a game every other night in Hockey means a boat load of injuries.

Who in the NHL hates the Bruins??? They've played like the least amount of games. Every team has a very rough stretch of games. The Flyers was in the start of the season and the Bruins is now. It's nothing against the Bruins. I know that I'd rather have my hard stretch at the end of the season than the beginning right after a lockout.

canadianbroncosfan
03-18-2013, 07:39 PM
3 times in just over two weeks for 'Hawks-Avs. Good ole lock out seasons.

broncswin
03-18-2013, 08:24 PM
The avs are pathetic....this **** is getting old!! Time for change...Sacco GTFO

Lestat
03-18-2013, 08:34 PM
3 times in just over two weeks for 'Hawks-Avs. Good ole lock out seasons.

it seems as if the Hawks remember that streak ending loss and are taking it out on my Avs :o

broncocalijohn
03-18-2013, 09:41 PM
Man first the Avs, then the Oilers and now squeak one out with only one goals against Columbus???? Chicago needs to get back on track, especially against the bottom teams.

They will have to deal with the Ducks on Wednesday night and those tickets are one hot item. Ducks earlier beat the Hawks in OT at Chicago and now first trip to Anaheim. Ducks have closed on a big margin for the Western Conference #1 seed. Ducks winning 4 to 2 over San Jose going into the 3rd period. If they hold on, Ducks are only 5 points behind the Blackhawks as the Hawks go on the road. Amazing they get the record to start a season, a short one at that, and they still might not snag the #1 seed in the West.

SoCalBronco
03-18-2013, 10:07 PM
I'm getting really tired of these late 3rd period garbage goals or empty netters by Stamkos.

Al Wilson
03-18-2013, 10:36 PM
I'm getting really tired of these late 3rd period garbage goals or empty netters by Stamkos.
Empty netters or not, he's by far the best goal scorer in the NHL.

Kid A
03-18-2013, 10:49 PM
Boy. The Avs. No bueno.

Requiem
03-18-2013, 11:00 PM
9 in a row. Boom Penguins.

canadianbroncosfan
03-18-2013, 11:49 PM
They will have to deal with the Ducks on Wednesday night and those tickets are one hot item. Ducks earlier beat the Hawks in OT at Chicago and now first trip to Anaheim. Ducks have closed on a big margin for the Western Conference #1 seed. Ducks winning 4 to 2 over San Jose going into the 3rd period. If they hold on, Ducks are only 5 points behind the Blackhawks as the Hawks go on the road. Amazing they get the record to start a season, a short one at that, and they still might not snag the #1 seed in the West.

Only a five point lead, even with a game in hand. Looking forward to Wednesday's game, is really a statement game for both teams. ****ty for Chicago that Anaheim is 12-0 in their last dozen at home.

Aftermath
03-19-2013, 01:10 AM

Boo hoo. He's the best goal scorer either way.

Aftermath
03-19-2013, 01:13 AM
Hope Ward gets back soon so my Stanley Cup prediction can get back on track. Picked Ducks vs Canes before the season. Also hope the Flyers suck for Seth Jones.

Aftermath
03-19-2013, 01:18 AM
Oh and The Yotes got a helluva a deal re-signing Oliver Ekman-Larsson for 6 yrs / 5.5. OEL is going to be a top 5 dman in the league for a long time and still hardly anyone seems to know anything about him because he's on the Yotes. He has a chance to win the Norris trophy this year as well.

Lestat
03-19-2013, 04:05 AM
Oh and The Yotes got a helluva a deal re-signing Oliver Ekman-Larsson for 6 yrs / 5.5. OEL is going to be a top 5 dman in the league for a long time and still hardly anyone seems to know anything about him because he's on the Yotes. He has a chance to win the Norris trophy this year as well.

seeing D men like him is exactly why i want the Avs to land Seth Jones and fix the D once and for all. you'd have EJ,Jones,Hejda,Barrie,Siemens & Elliot available for the start of next season. dammit something would get fixed on that D.

RedskinBronco
03-19-2013, 07:15 AM
Boo hoo. He's the best goal scorer either way.

You could also argue Crosby could be called "Secondary Sid" for all the secondary assists.

Let's also not forget phantom assists handed to the golden boy

Ray Finkle
03-19-2013, 07:30 AM
You could also argue Crosby could be called "Secondary Sid" for all the secondary assists.

Let's also not forget phantom assists handed to the golden boy

we do not talk ill about the cross dressing queen.....otherwise we will face Socal's wrath! Head forward, eyes down!

RedskinBronco
03-19-2013, 04:22 PM
we do not talk ill about the cross dressing queen.....otherwise we will face Socal's wrath! Head forward, eyes down!

LOL :thumbsup:

He's a great player but that doesn't mean he doesn't have inflated assist numbers and obvious sexual orientation.

If we are going to call out Stamkos EN goals, it's fair game to call out Sid's secondary assists (which are hyped as primary lol) and his phantom assist specials.

Edit: it APPEARS that he has matured from his nutpunch days, but I am sure if the pens start losing he will be a bigger whining bitch than Skinner.

Skinner is ****ing unbearable. If that guy doesn't quit his little act, someone is going to knock him straight out of the NHL.

SoCalBronco
03-19-2013, 04:44 PM
Wouldn't be shocked if we lost tonight...Geno still out as is Letang....transition game and breakouts will suffer without Letang.

SoCalBronco
03-19-2013, 08:13 PM
I'm cursed by empty nets..one way or another lol. Good to get a win in a tough game and 2 points for Sid (should have been 3). Good effort by Flower. Need to promote Beau to the top line and drop Duper. Paul Martin has really turned it around this year.

You guys played pretty well RedskinBronco.

RedskinBronco
03-19-2013, 09:04 PM
I'm cursed by empty nets..one way or another lol. Good to get a win in a tough game and 2 points for Sid (should have been 3). Good effort by Flower. Need to promote Beau to the top line and drop Duper. Paul Martin has really turned it around this year.

You guys played pretty well RedskinBronco.

It's just not a very well constructed team. The talent discrepancy between Pens and Caps is huge right now IMO.

The caps had the chance to pull away with that 4 min PP but couldn't even set up except for maybe a 10 second span. Ovechkin gets triple teamed and then feels the need to do everything because everyone else just can't finish or make a skill play.

Chimera takes a stupid, uncalled for penalty to wake up the pens.

Honestly, you guys were due for a loss and will probably lose one here soon but even when the Pens are playing their B- game (IMO), they still pull out the W against this version of the caps who are so deficient in the talent department.

The caps are missing 3 top 6 forwards and a solid D or two. You cannot have a team full of grinders and soft players.

It is what it is, better if they just tank...

SoCalBronco
03-19-2013, 09:21 PM
It's just not a very well constructed team. The talent discrepancy between Pens and Caps is huge right now IMO.

The caps had the chance to pull away with that 4 min PP but couldn't even set up except for maybe a 10 second span. Ovechkin gets triple teamed and then feels the need to do everything because everyone else just can't finish or make a skill play.

Chimera takes a stupid, uncalled for penalty to wake up the pens.

Honestly, you guys were due for a loss and will probably lose one here soon but even when the Pens are playing their B- game (IMO), they still pull out the W against this version of the caps who are so deficient in the talent department.

The caps are missing 3 top 6 forwards and a solid D or two. You cannot have a team full of grinders and soft players.

It is what it is, better if they just tank...

It will be interesting to see how they do in the back to back against Winnipeg. They need at least 3 points from those games.

RedskinBronco
03-19-2013, 09:38 PM
It will be interesting to see how they do in the back to back against Winnipeg. They need at least 3 points from those games.

They keep getting saved by the fact that everyone outside of Pittsburgh, Boston and Montreal truly sucks in the East.

I'd rather they just tank and get a franchise, blue chip type player from the draft. Even if they were going to squeak in with a pathetic Southeast division title or a miraculous climb to 7/8, they would get destroyed in the playoffs.

Quick and painless 48 game season. Take your medicine now and come back strong next season with a well constructed, tough team. Sucking for 82 games is much worse than this shortened season.

Kudos to Montreal for turning it around so quickly, that should be an example. So should the 2007-08 Flyers after their horrific previous season.

The east is Pens, Boston, Habs and a bunch of crappy teams. Ottawa with their guns back joins this group. I thought the canes would be better than what they are but their weak area (defense) is getting exposed.

canadianbroncosfan
03-19-2013, 11:16 PM
Well had the opportunity to meet Patrick Marleau tonight, who's in town to play the Oilers tomorrow. Might not be as big a deal for you guys, but pretty pumped to meet anyone that was apart of the 2010 Olympic Gold Medal team.

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/228207_10151791438444688_871271361_n.jpg

Aftermath
03-20-2013, 12:34 PM
Well had the opportunity to meet Patrick Marleau tonight, who's in town to play the Oilers tomorrow. Might not be as big a deal for you guys, but pretty pumped to meet anyone that was apart of the 2010 Olympic Gold Medal team.

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/228207_10151791438444688_871271361_n.jpg

Nice! Him and Vanek are so fricken streaky but they're both phenomenal either way.

broncocalijohn
03-20-2013, 01:17 PM

I would rather meet a member of the 2010 Silver medal team! :thumbsup:

USA! USA! USA!

canadianbroncosfan
03-20-2013, 06:19 PM
I would rather meet a member of the 2010 Silver medal team! :thumbsup:

USA! USA! USA!

Been there, done that ;) (This was from before he was an Olympic silver medalist)

SoCalBronco
03-20-2013, 10:32 PM
Nice comeback John.

broncocalijohn
03-21-2013, 12:35 AM
Nice comeback John.

Great game and was big time playoff feel. They are doing this without Perry as he is ending his 4 game suspension. I am feeling pretty confident that this will be the Conference match-up but I think the Kings will have something to say about it when it is all done. Blues, I feel, are a team not to miss with for the playoffs.

socalorado
03-21-2013, 07:41 AM
Great game and was big time playoff feel. They are doing this without Perry as he is ending his 4 game suspension. I am feeling pretty confident that this will be the Conference match-up but I think the Kings will have something to say about it when it is all done. Blues, I feel, are a team not to miss with for the playoffs.

Kings live and die by the forecheck, and dont have the depth. Too many injuries.
Blues have their janitor as their back-up goalie right now. They have a nice thing goin, but i doubt it lasts.

ANA is loaded. Everywhere. If they stay healthy, its gonna be real hard to beat this team.
Wouldnt suprise me to see CHI drop a bunch of games now.

canadianbroncosfan
03-21-2013, 10:01 AM

that one hurt, but the team that played for 60 minutes won

DivineLegion
03-21-2013, 11:01 AM
That was a beautiful Hockey game last night, Go Ducks!

My poor Canes...

DivineLegion
03-21-2013, 09:07 PM
Marty nets one thanks to Jordan Staal, and another lethargic 2nd buried the Canes.

RedskinBronco
03-21-2013, 09:16 PM
Kings live and die by the forecheck, and dont have the depth. Too many injuries.
Blues have their janitor as their back-up goalie right now. They have a nice thing goin, but i doubt it lasts.

ANA is loaded. Everywhere. If they stay healthy, its gonna be real hard to beat this team.
Wouldnt suprise me to see CHI drop a bunch of games now.

FTR, I think Anaheim is a great team. Selanne, Beauchemin and Koivu are great veterans to have around the core guys of Perry, Getzlaf and Ryan.

Now (you knew this was coming), I THINK Boudreau has learned from his stint in Washington much like Therien learned from his stint in Pittsburgh, but it remains to be seen come playoff time.

When the pressure was on, Boudreau did not adjust at all against Montreal and began his downfall in DC. Against the Rangers the following year, Jason Arnott had to tell him to calm down.

In Hershey, proud winners of many Calder Cups, a lot of fans were very surprised that a team that plays wide open Boudreau hockey could "win a Cup"

I like Bruce a lot. I think he would be a cool dude to grab a beer with, but he still has to prove he can beat counterattack teams and adjust to what the other team is doing.

Good luck to you this postseason. I will always root for Bruce and I would like to think he has learned from past experiences. It's going to be fun to find out.

edit: Beating LA/MIN/STL type team convincingly in the 1st round would be a big boost for Boudreau. Those teams are likely to try and play counterattack hockey and wait to cash in on mistakes of the O-ffensive Boudreau Ducks.

canadianbroncosfan
03-22-2013, 01:01 AM
Wowza

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ruxBSEAZYpk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

socalorado
03-22-2013, 07:57 AM
FTR, I think Anaheim is a great team. Selanne, Beauchemin and Koivu are great veterans to have around the core guys of Perry, Getzlaf and Ryan.

Now (you knew this was coming), I THINK Boudreau has learned from his stint in Washington much like Therien learned from his stint in Pittsburgh, but it remains to be seen come playoff time.

When the pressure was on, Boudreau did not adjust at all against Montreal and began his downfall in DC. Against the Rangers the following year, Jason Arnott had to tell him to calm down.

In Hershey, proud winners of many Calder Cups, a lot of fans were very surprised that a team that plays wide open Boudreau hockey could "win a Cup"

I like Bruce a lot. I think he would be a cool dude to grab a beer with, but he still has to prove he can beat counterattack teams and adjust to what the other team is doing.

Good luck to you this postseason. I will always root for Bruce and I would like to think he has learned from past experiences. It's going to be fun to find out.

edit: Beating LA/MIN/STL type team convincingly in the 1st round would be a big boost for Boudreau. Those teams are likely to try and play counterattack hockey and wait to cash in on mistakes of the O-ffensive Boudreau Ducks.

We will see. Boudreau still messes with the lines alot, but its working.
He also has very skilled defensemen this time. Veterans and youth playing really well, and that can make up for mistakes. Souray, Beauchemin, Fowler, Lydman, Sbisa, Lovejoy are ALL playing incredible hockey.
I think that this more than anything is why ANA could be really tough come playoff time. Health too. Obviously.

Requiem
03-22-2013, 08:00 AM
Ten in a row. Pens to the Cup.

RedskinBronco
03-22-2013, 09:00 AM
Ten in a row. Pens to the Cup.

The east outside the Bruins, Habs and Pens completely sucks so they have a good shot.

I'm still not convinced though with their goaltending and defense but we will see how they look post trade deadline.

I think this is one of those years where you could see the east win the Cup because that's how things work sometimes. Also, this year is not normal in the sense of the travel in condensed and more intense schedule. West team will have to deal with more fatigue issues with all that travel IMO.

Beantown Bronco
03-22-2013, 09:39 AM
The east outside the Bruins, Habs and Pens completely sucks so they have a good shot.

The West is the same. 2 or 3 really good teams, then everyone else.

gyldenlove
03-22-2013, 09:47 AM

2 really good teams and a large group of other teams.

broncocalijohn
03-22-2013, 10:45 AM
We will see. Boudreau still messes with the lines alot, but its working.
He also has very skilled defensemen this time. Veterans and youth playing really well, and that can make up for mistakes. Souray, Beauchemin, Fowler, Lydman, Sbisa, Lovejoy are ALL playing incredible hockey.
I think that this more than anything is why ANA could be really tough come playoff time. Health too. Obviously.

He mixes it up but gives confidence to those that earn it. If he wants speed on the 2nd line, he might bump Etam to it. I don't think most fans have had a problem with it but of course that is because we are winning. Face-off % has been good and of course Power play units have been top notch. They have great balance and any worry about virtego on Hiller (gyldenlove) has been pushed away as Faust has been sidelined. Depth has been the key.

RedskinBronco
03-22-2013, 11:56 AM

True, but I would say the West 4-10 are much better teams than 4-10 in East.

That's just my personal opinion from watching. Doesn't meant the East won't win the Cup Final, anything can happen.

DivineLegion
03-22-2013, 04:21 PM

That's just my personal opinion from watching. Doesn't meant the East won't win the Cup Final, anything can happen.

Not really, you can point to key injuries as reasonable explanation for the Easts top down record. Carolina, Ottowa, New Jersey come to mind. That's your top six with Toronto, Winnipeg, and New York making a reasonable playoff bubble.

Beantown Bronco
03-22-2013, 06:08 PM

Much better? With zero interconference games, there's literally no way to make a statement like that with any confidence.

gyldenlove
03-22-2013, 10:38 PM
He mixes it up but gives confidence to those that earn it. If he wants speed on the 2nd line, he might bump Etam to it. I don't think most fans have had a problem with it but of course that is because we are winning. Face-off % has been good and of course Power play units have been top notch. They have great balance and any worry about virtego on Hiller (gyldenlove) has been pushed away as Faust has been sidelined. Depth has been the key.

There is a lot of skill on the top 2 units and the 3rd line is a really solid group of energy guys who can provide a lot of pressure and forechecking - very reminiscent of the Draper, Maltby, Mccarty line.

It is still an emotional team and I am not sure how well they are going to handle it if things start going south, tonight they picked 3 fights and were lucky only to get 1 instigator penalty, if they revert to their old ways of taking too many dumb penalties I think they may be vulnerable.

SoCalBronco
03-22-2013, 10:45 PM

You guys have killed it the last two games against WPG. I think they knew they absolutely had to have these games....and they got them.

RedskinBronco
03-23-2013, 10:59 PM
You guys have killed it the last two games against WPG. I think they knew they absolutely had to have these games....and they got them.

Yep, it seems that Laich has provided stability to the 2nd line with Brouwer and Ribeiro. Still missing a top line scoring wing, Johansson is not a top line player.

The defense is actually not bad with Orlov and Green back now. Carlson/Alzner/Green/Orlov/Oleksy/Erskine and Hillen as depth I can live with.

Will be interesting to see what they do outside the Southeast. They have struggled big time against the Atlantic and Northeast outside of Buffalo.

It's really amazing that as ****ty as they have played, they still have a shot at the Southeast or (maybe) the 8th seed

RedskinBronco
03-23-2013, 11:01 PM
Much better? With zero interconference games, there's literally no way to make a statement like that with any confidence.

Much better maybe too strong. Either way, it's just IMO given what I see.

I'm not trying to claim it as absolute truth

RedskinBronco
03-23-2013, 11:05 PM
Not really, you can point to key injuries as reasonable explanation for the Easts top down record. Carolina, Ottowa, New Jersey come to mind. That's your top six with Toronto, Winnipeg, and New York making a reasonable playoff bubble.

Carolina is definitely underachieving. I guess the young guys on D didn't develop as fast as they hoped.

Ottawa is a damn good team, with injured guys back, they join that group of Pens, Bruins and Habs as top 4 in east.

SoCalBronco
03-24-2013, 12:06 AM
Ottawa is getting amazing goaltending.....and Sarge for the first time in his career is shutdown in his own end. I'm happy for him...dude still has it.

chadta
03-24-2013, 09:14 AM
Ready for your beatdown tonight socal ?

flyers havent lost a game in 6 days ( becasue they havent played one) and i have a feeling this is going to be the first time all year we go a full week without losing one.

gyldenlove
03-24-2013, 09:33 AM
Carolina is definitely underachieving. I guess the young guys on D didn't develop as fast as they hoped.

Ottawa is a damn good team, with injured guys back, they join that group of Pens, Bruins and Habs as top 4 in east.

Ottawa is overachieving like crazy behind a super hot goalie who is having the season of his life. Go ask in St Louis what happens the season after your goalie has that kind of once in a lifetime season, you return to the mean with a loud splat.

Beantown Bronco
03-24-2013, 09:45 AM
Lightning fired Coach Boucher. Less than two years from a Conference Finals Game 7. Ouch.

maher_tyler
03-24-2013, 10:54 AM
Lightning fired Coach Boucher. Less than two years from a Conference Finals Game 7. Ouch.

Yet the Avs refuse to fire Sacco...it's maddening!

chadta
03-24-2013, 11:37 AM

Ill trade ya

you guys take laviolette and well take sacco

SoCalBronco
03-24-2013, 11:45 AM
Ill trade ya

I think you will snap our streak today.....our record vs PHI at CEC is atrocious.

BTW how was your vacation?

chadta
03-24-2013, 12:05 PM
I think you will snap our streak today.....our record vs PHI at CEC is atrocious.

awesome, thanks for asking

A kid that my kids were hanging out with was the one who told me we signed welker, I thought he was joking at first, he was a pats fan, and kind of upset tho so I didnt bother confirming it.

I did good at only logging in long enough to post pics for my family back home to see on facebook, and to text my boss a picture of my feet up in the sun with a cigar and a beer, since he always sends me pictures of his lunch while im working hard. Thats made easier by the raping that the cell companies do to us, and the fact that wifi was 7 bucks an hour.

RedskinBronco
03-24-2013, 12:28 PM
Ottawa is overachieving like crazy behind a super hot goalie who is having the season of his life. Go ask in St Louis what happens the season after your goalie has that kind of once in a lifetime season, you return to the mean with a loud splat.

That's why I mentioned with their injured guys back. They are overachieving right now.

But you get them Spezza, Michalek, Karlsson all back and that team joins the top teams in the east conversation. That team is not a fluke.

But yes right now, they attempt to get points to make the playoffs. If that means playing for OT all the time, they do.

RedskinBronco
03-24-2013, 12:31 PM

You are due for a loss for sure.

I just think Philly has too many issues, despite how well they play you guys. I will say Montreal breaks your streak on Tuesday.

SoCalBronco
03-24-2013, 12:38 PM
You are due for a loss for sure.

I just think Philly has too many issues, despite how well they play you guys. I will say Montreal breaks your streak on Tuesday.

Geno and Letang will not be playing for yet another game.....I think it ends today.

BroncosSR
03-24-2013, 01:12 PM
Geno and Letang will not be playing for yet another game.....I think it ends today.

Briere out today as well. Although, that may helps us more than it hurts us.

SoCalBronco
03-24-2013, 03:22 PM
So Dreger says we traded Joe Morrow for Brendan Morrow.

Since I know Ray Shero isn't completely stupid and I know he has an IQ above 60...logic dictates that this report is wrong.

SoCalBronco
03-24-2013, 03:26 PM
You ****ing moron Ray.

****ing piece of ****

SoCalBronco
03-24-2013, 03:27 PM
You ****ing moron Ray.

****ing piece of ****

gyldenlove
03-24-2013, 03:50 PM

Since I know Ray Shero isn't completely stupid and I know he has an IQ above 60...logic dictates that this report is wrong.

Never doubt Dregs, it is bad mojo.

SoCalBronco
03-24-2013, 04:04 PM
This is ****ing moronic. BM is too slow to play on the 2nd line...so he's gonna end up on the third line. Joe is arguably the best prospect we have....and along with Pouliot was insurance against losing Letang. Joe was going to be the PP QB and has an amazing shot.

You ****ing idiot Shero. He needs to get injected with AIDS for this. A price must be paid. You ****ing idiot. We didn't need anything...except for maybe a defenseman. There was no need for this at all. Shero needs a knife in his ****ing throat.....at the least. Put itin his ****ing Adam's apple. You're gonna pay for this you piece of garbage.

BroncosSR
03-24-2013, 04:08 PM
This is ****ing moronic. BM is too slow to play on the 2nd line...so he's gonna end up on the third line. Joe is arguably the best prospect we have....and along with Pouliot was insurance against losing Letang. Joe was going to be the PP QB and has an amazing shot.

You ****ing idiot Shero. He needs to get injected with AIDS for this. A price must be paid. You ****ing idiot. We didn't need anything...except for maybe a defenseman. There was no need for this at all. Shero needs a knife in his ****ing throat.....at the least. Put itin his ****ing Adam's apple. You're gonna pay for this you piece of garbage.

If I'm cracking this code correctly, you're unhappy with this trade...

Lestat
03-24-2013, 04:10 PM

no, it's Pierre LaCroix and his damn "Avs way" BS.

Ill trade ya

don't tempt me, i'd put him on the first thing smoking,moving,breathing,crawling or being out of town.

saw this earlier on CBS sports when i was looking at DE draft prospects.
said they would wait til Monday to announce it.

SoCalBronco
03-24-2013, 04:12 PM
If I'm cracking this code correctly, you're unhappy with this trade...

Yeah I don't care if we beat you guys 7-0 tonight (we wont...streak ends tonight...no geno or letang plus the bad juju alternate jerseys plus philly at CEC
means bad loss) im going to be pissed off regardless.

Homer is laughing at the stupidity of Shero. I'm serious...I want physical suffering on his part.he got assraped in this trade. Assraped. BM adds little. This is ****ing ridiculous. I wouldn't have traded Joe Morrow for Iginla.

This is ****ing bull****.

GMGM and Feaster just called the penguin offices to tell us that we're stupid and incompetent and an embarrassment.

chadta
03-24-2013, 04:23 PM
Homer is laughing at the stupidity of Shero..

Homer isnt laughing at anybody, he trades away carter and richie, good trades btw, but then they go on to win the cup, he goes all in on webber, but in doing so loses jagr and carle, trades a 1.6 million dollar backup, then pays 750, and 750 to 2 different goalies neither of who play, to cover the backup role, then he resigns timmo at 6 mil for an extra year, when he has clearly hit the wall ahrd, not sure hes even a top 4 D anymore nevermind a top pair guy.

maybe this is the year we win the lottery after getting screwed by it in the kane JVR year, come on seth jones.

SoCalBronco
03-24-2013, 04:28 PM
Homer isnt laughing at anybody, he trades away carter and richie, good trades btw, but then they go on to win the cup, he goes all in on webber, but in doing so loses jagr and carle, trades a 1.6 million dollar backup, then pays 750, and 750 to 2 different goalies neither of who play, to cover the backup role, then he resigns timmo at 6 mil for an extra year, when he has clearly hit the wall ahrd, not sure hes even a top 4 D anymore nevermind a top pair guy.

maybe this is the year we win the lottery after getting screwed by it in the kane JVR year, come on seth jones.

This is 5x more awful than any move that Homer ever made....including Bryzaster.

We gave up an amazing two way defenseman for over the hill trash.

chadta
03-24-2013, 04:33 PM
This is 5x more awful than any move that Homer ever made....including Bryzaster.

We gave up an amazing two way defenseman for over the hill trash.

yes but it is only 1 move, you can overcome 1 mistake

its hard to overcome as many as homer has made recently, I never even mentioned giving away NTC like candy to anybody that asked

And now there are rumors we are making a pitch for Boyle

because if one over the hill 6m dman isnt enough, get 2

Lestat
03-24-2013, 05:06 PM

its hard to overcome as many as homer has made recently, I never even mentioned giving away NTC like candy to anybody that asked

you lie! the Avs haven't gotten over the mistake of Sacco yet.

Aftermath
03-24-2013, 06:30 PM
Love seeing Pens give up their best prospect for a 35 year old FA. Morrow will probably be solid but giving up a prospect like that for him was idiotic. They better win the Stanley Cup. I did pick up B Morrow though on my fantasy team ;)

Aftermath
03-24-2013, 06:38 PM

The only mistakes Homer has made:

Bryzgalov
Not having a capable backup goalie

You could say not having a plan B if Weber/Suter failed but we did get Schenn who has been good. You could also say trading JVR but JVR wouldn't have been successful here and needed a change of scenery. It's hard to trade a goal scoring winger for a defensive dman and not say we got fleeced but I think that trade was very fair. Plus JVR will slow down.

Anywho apparently Homer and Maloney(PHX GM) were together today at the game. Hopefully Yandle for Couturier is being worked on. I'd be happy with Rundblad too. Obviously OEL is the guy we would love but there is 0% chance of that happening.

gyldenlove
03-24-2013, 06:54 PM
That's why I mentioned with their injured guys back. They are overachieving right now.

But you get them Spezza, Michalek, Karlsson all back and that team joins the top teams in the east conversation. That team is not a fluke.

But yes right now, they attempt to get points to make the playoffs. If that means playing for OT all the time, they do.

They are a big fluke. They are not even top 10 in their own conference when it comes to goals scored, any time you have a team with a save % of 94 you know they are going to come back down sooner or later.

It doesn't really matter, they will most likely run into whoever finishes 2nd in their own division and they can't beat Montreal or Boston.

RedskinBronco
03-24-2013, 08:08 PM
SoCalBronco,

Now Montreal is going to hand you a 4-1 type loss on Tuesday ;)

SoCalBronco
03-24-2013, 08:14 PM
SoCalBronco,

Now Montreal is going to hand you a 4-1 type loss on Tuesday ;)

We match up well with MTL but it should be a good game. But we need Geno and Letang back. Neal went to hell without Geno.

RedskinBronco
03-24-2013, 08:16 PM
They are a big fluke. They are not even top 10 in their own conference when it comes to goals scored, any time you have a team with a save % of 94 you know they are going to come back down sooner or later.

It doesn't really matter, they will most likely run into whoever finishes 2nd in their own division and they can't beat Montreal or Boston.

I don't know how you can call that team a fluke when they are at full strength. Have you seen them play when they have a full squad?

Top 4 team in the EC. I have no dog in this fight, really. Not sure if you just hate that organization.

Lestat
03-24-2013, 09:05 PM
I don't know how you can call that team a fluke when they are at full strength. Have you seen them play when they have a full squad?

Top 4 team in the EC. I have no dog in this fight, really. Not sure if you just hate that organization.

wait til Anderson wants to get paid again. that'll end quickly.

RedskinBronco
03-24-2013, 09:40 PM
wait til Anderson wants to get paid again. that'll end quickly.

Ok maybe I am not seeing something others are seeing.

Coming off a really bad year the year before last, I would say yes that Anderson stole a lot of games and gave them confidence. I did feel as the year went on they became a pretty solid team and they should have beat the rangers last year.

I don't know I mean it could be that Anderson is the savior but I mean we are talking about a journeyman here. I also believe that in today's NHL, goalies are way more expendable. Look at Ryan Miller, Lundqvist, etc.

When your team isn't that good, it's hard to steal games when it's not the clutch and grab era anymore.

We will find out. I just don't think the sens were too much worse off with Bishop and the younger up and coming kid.

I mean don't get me wrong, they just try to accumulate points without Karlsson, Spezza and Michalek but with them they just didn't seem like a fluke team to me.

Again, maybe I am missing something lol

gyldenlove
03-24-2013, 09:55 PM

When a team is not in the top 10 in their own conference in goal scoring and their goal tenders all have career years that is a team that is badly overperforming. Last season the Rangers and Blues were in the same spot, couldn't score goals but were riding hot goalies and look at them now? The year before that Washington and Nashville, same story.

Teams who can't score and have goalies who have career years are never good bets to prove anything long term, they will return to average sooner rather than later.

RedskinBronco
03-24-2013, 11:06 PM
When a team is not in the top 10 in their own conference in goal scoring and their goal tenders all have career years that is a team that is badly overperforming. Last season the Rangers and Blues were in the same spot, couldn't score goals but were riding hot goalies and look at them now? The year before that Washington and Nashville, same story.

Teams who can't score and have goalies who have career years are never good bets to prove anything long term, they will return to average sooner rather than later.

I think there is a disconnect here.

I am talking about them at full strength. Before Karlsson and Spezza went down weren't they like top 5 in scoring? I thought early on this year they were scoring at a pretty good clip.

Also, the whole riding hot goalies, as I mentioned before, is not what it used to be. You can make the case for NYR (maybe).

The rangers were never as good as it seemed. They were a grind it out team with Lundqvist playing well. I never thought of them as elite, even last year.

Nashville has been the same team for years. Never thought of them as elite either.

The caps were an outlier case because they played Dale Hunter hockey. Look at them this year, back to #1 PP and obviously with Oates hockey, they score a lot more.

Again, you are from London so I don't know if you just hate the Sens (leafs fan?). It's fine if you do.

I just don't see them as a fluke team, that's all. To me, they are borderline 7-11 type team in the conference without all their injured guys. When they had those guys they were on pace as a top 4 team and that's what I see them with all their guys back. A 4/5 type team.

The class of east is Bruins and Pens of course.

Lestat
03-25-2013, 12:55 AM
Ok maybe I am not seeing something others are seeing.

Coming off a really bad year the year before last, I would say yes that Anderson stole a lot of games and gave them confidence. I did feel as the year went on they became a pretty solid team and they should have beat the rangers last year.

I don't know I mean it could be that Anderson is the savior but I mean we are talking about a journeyman here. I also believe that in today's NHL, goalies are way more expendable. Look at Ryan Miller, Lundqvist, etc.

When your team isn't that good, it's hard to steal games when it's not the clutch and grab era anymore.

We will find out. I just don't think the sens were too much worse off with Bishop and the younger up and coming kid.

I mean don't get me wrong, they just try to accumulate points without Karlsson, Spezza and Michalek but with them they just didn't seem like a fluke team to me.

Again, maybe I am missing something lol

that was more of a comment directed towards the future.
i'm still a little miffed at Anderson for acting like a cry baby little bitch and quitting on the Avs when he didn't get the contract he demanded.

maher_tyler
03-25-2013, 03:31 AM
i'm still a little miffed at Anderson for acting like a cry baby little b**** and quitting on the Avs when he didn't get the contract he demanded.

After the way the Avs look and the way they handled ROR it's hard to blame Anderson.

chadta
03-25-2013, 05:21 AM
The only mistakes Homer has made:

Bryzgalov
Not having a capable backup goalie

You could say not having a plan B if Weber/Suter failed but we did get Schenn who has been good. You could also say trading JVR but JVR wouldn't have been successful here and needed a change of scenery. It's hard to trade a goal scoring winger for a defensive dman and not say we got fleeced but I think that trade was very fair. .

Im ok with the JVR trade, he was just a constant reminder of the year we were so bad we lost the draft lottery.

My problem has been with the contracts given out, what do we have, 8 or 9 NTC or NMC in contracts, it started with Richie and Carter. How much would we love to ship Briere out and get a pick or prospect, but we cant.

I think Schenn was supposed to get us a solid 3-4 pair, but after weber didnt happen he got bumped to 1-2, Timmo hit the wall and has been a step behind everything, last nights 2nd penalty just another example, so what do we do, we extend him, and not even at reduced rate, a full 6 mil.

maher_tyler
03-25-2013, 05:24 AM
i'm still a little miffed at Anderson for acting like a cry baby little b**** and quitting on the Avs when he didn't get the contract he demanded.

After the way the Avs look and the way they handled ROR it's hard to blame Anderson.

Lestat
03-25-2013, 10:16 AM

no, ROR was a different scenario. the only reason he got paid like he did was Calgary trying to get him on the cheap and their GM got pissed off when they wouldn't deal him for scraps and tried to screw us.
much like Elway and Doom the franchise was in the right.
hell even PK Subban signed quicker than ROR and they have the same agency(whom the Avs don't like doing business with and actually intentionally ignored when LaCroix was GM)
the only player who had contract issues with the Avs this season was ROR.
everyone else signed quickly and for cheaper than expected.

Anderson wanted too much money, too many years and to be paid like a franchise goalie when he didn't earn that type of coin.
the Avs told him no on the number of years and he pouted.

gyldenlove
03-25-2013, 11:39 AM
I think there is a disconnect here.

I am talking about them at full strength. Before Karlsson and Spezza went down weren't they like top 5 in scoring? I thought early on this year they were scoring at a pretty good clip.

Also, the whole riding hot goalies, as I mentioned before, is not what it used to be. You can make the case for NYR (maybe).

The rangers were never as good as it seemed. They were a grind it out team with Lundqvist playing well. I never thought of them as elite, even last year.

Nashville has been the same team for years. Never thought of them as elite either.

The caps were an outlier case because they played Dale Hunter hockey. Look at them this year, back to #1 PP and obviously with Oates hockey, they score a lot more.

Again, you are from London so I don't know if you just hate the Sens (leafs fan?). It's fine if you do.

I just don't see them as a fluke team, that's all. To me, they are borderline 7-11 type team in the conference without all their injured guys. When they had those guys they were on pace as a top 4 team and that's what I see them with all their guys back. A 4/5 type team.

The class of east is Bruins and Pens of course.

I am actually a Red Wing fan so I hate the Leafs, I am also a Danish expat and the Sens are one of 5 teams with Danes currently on the roster so I quite like the Sens.

I don't think there was a ever a significant period of this season when they scored a ton of goals, even at the beginning of the season they weren't running up scores.

Looking at the roster and the scoring this year, I don't see the staying power. Gonchar and Alfredson are at the top of the list and neither player can be relied on to keep scoring at that pace. Turris has found a nice home in Ottawa and he should be good for a while, obviously Karlsson is missed he scores a ton of points as does Spezza, but I just don't see them being elite.

My really big problem is that 94% save rate, that is through the roof and by some margin the best in the league. If we bump that down to league average (around 91) that is 30 more goals, that is almost 1 goal per game. They have won 8 games by 1 goal and they have 6 overtime losses, that as many as 14 games that they could lose 1 point in by giving up goals at the league average rather than the crazy low rate they are doing now and if you look at Andersons history, there is no reason to believe he can keep up his save percentage over a full season.

When he has started at least 20 games his save rates have been: 0.886, 0.924, 0.917, 0.897, 0.914 with an average of around 0.910. When he starts less than 20 he is 0.856 (rookie year), 0.905, 0.931, 0.935, 0.939, 0.952. You see the problem, he is much better as a backup starting less than 20 games than he is as a starter.

Lestat
03-25-2013, 12:14 PM
whoa, the Pens aren't dicking around. traded two 2nd round picks(one conditional on Murray re-signing with the Pens) for Douglas Murray.

Ray Finkle
03-25-2013, 12:24 PM
whoa, the Pens aren't dicking around. traded two 2nd round picks(one conditional on Murray re-signing with the Pens) for Douglas Murray.

Even if they sign him, they've traded away 2 high picks and 1 prospect for depth without any real impact.....

SoCalBronco
03-25-2013, 12:28 PM
More stupidity by the FO.

24champ
03-25-2013, 01:57 PM
Pens are all-in, making moves even while winning a bunch of games.

Very risky moves.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-25-2013, 02:05 PM

Re-sign or making the Conference Finals

RedskinBronco
03-25-2013, 03:28 PM
Haven't seen too much of Murray this year but grumblings out of SJ is that Murray has not been the guy of years past.

Now, I'm sure putting on that pens jersey will allow him to clutch and grab a little more; much like Hal Gill was allowed more leeway in 2009.

Gill was always called on obstruction penalties, until he got traded to the pens...then he was allowed to interfere as much as he wanted.

SoCalBronco
03-25-2013, 04:54 PM
They are trying to recreate Gill and Guerin from 09. Its unnecessary and they aren't system fits anyway. Dumb

chadta
03-25-2013, 05:42 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419105

HURRICANES INK F SEMIN TO FIVE-YEAR, $35M CONTRACT EXTENSION

Glad we just had a lockout to get contracts under control

RedskinBronco
03-25-2013, 08:39 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419105

HURRICANES INK F SEMIN TO FIVE-YEAR, $35M CONTRACT EXTENSION

Glad we just had a lockout to get contracts under control

Seriously, it's ridiculous.

I am so sick of these owners. Cry poor and then go out and hand these insane contracts.

Stop ****ing have lockouts if you are going to hand out the same insane contracts, over and over and over...

24champ
03-25-2013, 08:53 PM
Kings beat the Hawks in Chicago. 5-4.

maher_tyler
03-25-2013, 09:33 PM
They are trying to recreate Gill and Guerin from 09. Its unnecessary and they aren't system fits anyway. Dumb

First place problems Ha!

Be glad you don't have the Avs pathetic owners and coaches!

Aftermath
03-25-2013, 10:45 PM
Im ok with the JVR trade, he was just a constant reminder of the year we were so bad we lost the draft lottery.

My problem has been with the contracts given out, what do we have, 8 or 9 NTC or NMC in contracts, it started with Richie and Carter. How much would we love to ship Briere out and get a pick or prospect, but we cant.

I think Schenn was supposed to get us a solid 3-4 pair, but after weber didnt happen he got bumped to 1-2, Timmo hit the wall and has been a step behind everything, last nights 2nd penalty just another example, so what do we do, we extend him, and not even at reduced rate, a full 6 mil.

I agree. Although it does seem like a bunch of teams have quite a few NTCs. But Briere might be a candidate for a buyout. If he won't waive then I really hope they buy him out. I have no idea what's going on with this concussion he got in practice supposedly. I do know that I want him gone.

Lestat
03-25-2013, 11:35 PM
First place problems Ha!

Be glad you don't have the Avs pathetic owners and coaches!

Sacco cannot have a job next year dammit! it's not possible!

chadta
03-26-2013, 05:11 AM
I agree. Although it does seem like a bunch of teams have quite a few NTCs. But Briere might be a candidate for a buyout. If he won't waive then I really hope they buy him out. I have no idea what's going on with this concussion he got in practice supposedly. I do know that I want him gone.

I forgot about the pronger fiasco, which hand cuffs us every off season becasue you can only excede the cap by 10% and he cant go on LTIR until the season starts.

Im softening on Briere, Id like him traded, but not sure i buy him out, Id like to get somethign for him, or keep him around for next year when we are back in things.

chadta
03-26-2013, 05:49 PM
Transcripts from the contract extension talks have been released.

Kimmo: "Hey Homer, I think I have enough in the tank for one more year. I think I'd sign for two mill, so you can make improvements all over the ice."
Homer: "Kimmo, I know you've done a lot for this franchise, but the highest I can go is nine million for three years."
Kimmo: "I think I've only got a year left in the tank, and besides wouldn't that handcuff you with a longterm over 35 contract."
Homer: "Fine, 10 mill, one year."
Kimmo: "I don't need that much money, I just want to keep contributing. If you want to give me 3 or 4 mill, that's fine."
Homer: "Going for eight, I can't go any higher."
Kimmo: "Who are you negotiating with? Why won't you give me four mill and just call it a day?"
Homer: "Listen, we're getting this done today."
(Homer locks doors.)
Kimmo: "I'm just saying I think signing me for that much is an illogical decision."
Homer: "I can wait."
(days pass)
Kimmo: "Fine, I'll settle for six, splint the difference."
Homer: "DEAL! Another win for The Homer!"

SoCalBronco
03-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Lmao

SoCalBronco
03-26-2013, 07:48 PM
Got 13th win but we were outplayed until the 3rd. Letang was rusty. MTL really locked us down most of the game. Hope Flower avoided serious injury but we will see

Beantown Bronco
03-27-2013, 07:21 AM
And MTL gets rewarded for that effort by having to play in Boston tonight. Hopefully they wore out their shooting arms last night.

SoCalBronco
03-27-2013, 11:06 PM
Iginla traded to Boston for 2 prospects and a conditional first depending on whether he re-signs there.

Boston got much better value for their assets than we did.

24champ
03-27-2013, 11:41 PM
Iginla traded to Boston for 2 prospects and a conditional first depending on whether he re-signs there.

Boston got much better value for their assets than we did.

Shero just ****ing trolled you and everyone else. lol

Traded to Penguins.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=662496&cmpid=nhl-fb

http://i.imgur.com/vzRAfme.png

Flames got butt****ed.

Aftermath
03-27-2013, 11:47 PM
Feaster trolled the EFF out of Boston ROFL. Iginla to Pens for an even worse offer than the Boston offer. I honestly could do a better job running the Flames than Feaster. Worst GM in NHL history. Got Iginla on my fantasy team woohoo. And it hurts to say this but if Philly don't make playoffs I want Pens to win for Iggy and Morrow. Two class acts.

SoCalBronco
03-28-2013, 12:01 AM
What the ****....

The first rounder is the only thing of value there....Hanowski is not among our top prospects and is still having issues at St Cloud State. Agostino isn't a high end prospect either.....wow we got him without having to give up Pouliot Despres Harrington Bennett Maata or Dumoulin.

SoCalBronco
03-28-2013, 12:04 AM
Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla is going to be sick.

Now Duper can move to the 3rd line where he belongs.

This team NEEDS to win it. There will never be a better time. Don't blow it in the postseason.

SoCalBronco
03-28-2013, 12:13 AM
Chicago.....we're coming .....get ready and buckle up...you'll need it.

maher_tyler
03-28-2013, 12:19 AM
Wow! How are they affording all these players?

24champ
03-28-2013, 12:34 AM

From HFboards...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-eZMMFV99BAU/T-0ECBs99qI/AAAAAAAB9kw/0BrAomrHyH8/s401/Pens_Money.gif

SoCalBronco
03-28-2013, 12:41 AM
Lmao. We are still under the cap....remember they had money allotted for Parise this summer which did not pan out and they didn't use it. Also they replaced Staal with Sutter who makes half the salary.

chadta
03-28-2013, 05:08 AM
Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla is going to be sick.

Now Duper can move to the 3rd line where he belongs.

This team NEEDS to win it. There will never be a better time. Don't blow it in the postseason.

Im going to be sick.

Boston, Montreal, weve got a proven playoff performer, hes currently faking injury and refusing to wave his NMC come talk some sense into him.

Hartnell has been reupped for like 6 years, and his NTC kicks in July, you can have him too. First and a D prospect for each.

RedskinBronco
03-28-2013, 07:11 AM
Is there something written in the NHL guidelines where Shero will always fleece other GMs just because he has Bettman's golden child, Crosby?

I mean it's ridiculous how he fleeces every GM. Something has to give, all these GMs seem to do him big favors.

BroncosSR
03-28-2013, 07:25 AM
Im going to be sick.

Boston, Montreal, weve got a proven playoff performer, hes currently faking injury and refusing to wave his NMC come talk some sense into him.

Hartnell has been reupped for like 6 years, and his NTC kicks in July, you can have him too. First and a D prospect for each.

Holmgren's proven himself incapable in this league. It's really tiring as a Flyers fan. And he'll be the last to go like Clarke was because he's in the "
"Good Ole Boys" club with Snider.

SoCalBronco
03-28-2013, 07:45 AM
Is there something written in the NHL guidelines where Shero will always fleece other GMs just because he has Bettman's golden child, Crosby?

I mean it's ridiculous how he fleeces every GM. Something has to give, all these GMs seem to do him big favors.

To be fair we got owned in the Morrow trade so we don't fleece people all the time.

They did destroy Feaster tho

gyldenlove
03-28-2013, 08:31 AM

Everybody has cap room this year, the cap doesn't drop until next season. Almost half the league has at least 10 million in cap space before the season, and since more than half the season is gone only 5 teams do not have 10 million in cap space and 20 teams have over 20 million.

SoCalBronco
03-28-2013, 08:54 AM
The Flower is taking part in the morning skate....great news...was worried about his injury. Vokoun will get the start tonight tho....no Iggy tonight.

gyldenlove
03-28-2013, 09:06 AM
Wow, it is going downhill for the Ducks after Justin Abdelkader came into their house and slapped them around with the pimp-hand for a while.

socalorado
03-28-2013, 10:11 AM
Wow, it is going downhill for the Ducks after Justin Abdelkader came into their house and slapped them around with the pimp-hand for a while.

Unreal. Just a complete and total meltdown. Slumping terribly.
Absolutely no one skates for the 1st period. No one.
The Ducks might as well just sit back on the bench and watch the big screen while Hiller and Fasth try to stop the opposing team single handedly.
And so off to CHI, which should be an easy win. I think i jinxed em.

gyldenlove
03-28-2013, 10:37 AM
The Ducks might as well just sit back on the bench and watch the big screen while Hiller and Fasth try to stop the opposing team single handedly.

They will right the ship, but it will take an outstanding goalie effort.

chadta
03-28-2013, 02:53 PM

I wish the flyers could play the ducks right now, cuz thats the hockey we have been playing since half way through last season.

given up first goal or goal in first 10 minuets of the game like 75% of there last 100 games, its pathetic.

At least you guys had a good start

Beantown Bronco
03-28-2013, 05:40 PM
Still too soon......dammit

SoCalBronco
03-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Very dominant effort against Winnipeg. Murray and Morrow both played well. Streak at 14. Good to see Geno back.

Looking forward to Iggy on Saturday. Tanger should be back in a week.

Team looked great tonight. BTW for those saying the Pens D sucks...we've given up a total of 9 goals in the last 10 games.

RedskinBronco
03-28-2013, 08:30 PM
BTW for those saying the Pens D sucks...we've given up a total of 9 goals in the last 10 games.

I wouldn't say "sucks." I guess for me I'm skeptical of Fleury and the D for different reasons.

Fleury, other than 2009, has had major issues in the playoffs. You could also say he got hot in 2009 in the ECF and SCF. He was ok but not great against Philly or the Caps.

The defense, IMO, does not have a Hal Gill and Rob Scuderi. Say what you will, but shutdown d-men are the single most critical aspect of a Cup winning team in my eyes. It used to be goalies but in today's NHL it's shutdown d-men and being strong at center (scoring and shutdown)

Look at the most recent winners

2009 Pens - Scuderi, Gill
2010 Hawks - Seabrook, Keith
2011 Bruins - Chara and **** you can say all of them except Kaberle lol
2012 Kings - Scuderi, Doughty and a unit very similar to the Bruins 2011 D-Unit

You need shutdown defensemen and I don't think the Pens have that. Orpik is not what he used to be; Murray also seems to not be what he was either.

Now, of course, I don't put it past Shero to acquire a D-man. I am sure he is still looking for his scuderi or gill. If you get someone in that mold, the rest of the league is ****ed and only the Hawks can hang IMO.

Let's face it, even with Iginla and Morrow, they aren't what they used to be. You are getting guys who are good players but not in their prime. However, if you get the defensive shutdown guy and Fleury doesn't **** the bed, it's all ****ing over for the rest of the league IMO.

Edit: Just to expand a little bit. You have d-men that are serviceable in the regular season, but guys like Depres and Martin will get exposed come playoff time. Someone like Engelland has to show he can puck handle under duress. It's a different game...

SoCalBronco
03-28-2013, 11:10 PM
To revise an earlier statement....Iggy will prolly play on Tuesday....not Saturday as there are some immigration issues being ironed out.

SoCalBronco
03-28-2013, 11:31 PM
I wouldn't say "sucks." I guess for me I'm skeptical of Fleury and the D for different reasons.

Fleury, other than 2009, has had major issues in the playoffs. You could also say he got hot in 2009 in the ECF and SCF. He was ok but not great against Philly or the Caps.

The defense, IMO, does not have a Hal Gill and Rob Scuderi. Say what you will, but shutdown d-men are the single most critical aspect of a Cup winning team in my eyes. It used to be goalies but in today's NHL it's shutdown d-men and being strong at center (scoring and shutdown)

You need shutdown defensemen and I don't think the Pens have that. Orpik is not what he used to be; Murray also seems to not be what he was either.

Now, of course, I don't put it past Shero to acquire a D-man. I am sure he is still looking for his scuderi or gill. If you get someone in that mold, the rest of the league is ****ed and only the Hawks can hang IMO.

Let's face it, even with Iginla and Morrow, they aren't what they used to be. You are getting guys who are good players but not in their prime. However, if you get the defensive shutdown guy and Fleury doesn't **** the bed, it's all ****ing over for the rest of the league IMO.

Edit: Just to expand a little bit. You have d-men that are serviceable in the regular season, but guys like Depres and Martin will get exposed come playoff time. Someone like Engelland has to show he can puck handle under duress. It's a different game...

These are decent points...I'm not saying crown us or whatever...I'm well aware that the playoffs are a different animal but I disagree with some stuff you said. Murray is supposed to be the Gill.weve had alot of success taking guys who were awful elsewhere and targeting them for a very specific role in our system and they execute it. Gill himself is an example of this when we got him ...Niskanen is the ultimate example. Dude was a throw in in the Neal trade and he has bee a consistent performer since. Also Eaton is another example. This is his second tour here and he was awful with NYI in the interim. I know it's only one game and I want to see more but Murray was great tonight. Martin has been very good all year after being terrible last year. He got stronger in the offseason and also switched sides.

I agree the postseason may be too much for Despres....he has issues getting it out of the zone in the face of a good forecheck. Overall...I'm happy with the depth on D.

On offense....unless someone pulls a Halak and stands on their head the whole series I think we are going to to be extremely tough.....even against elite Ds.

We will see. Nothing is guaranteed....we will have to earn it. Our best team ever was 93 and we lost in the second round. If Philly gets in..we're going to have a problem on our hands....so I'm not taking anything for granted. But I am cautiously optimistic.......and very excited.

maher_tyler
03-29-2013, 12:47 AM

Along with great play from the goalie position. Each goalie from each of those cup winning teams played outstanding especially Quick.

chadta
03-29-2013, 08:21 AM
Along with great play from the goalie position. Each goalie from each of those cup winning teams played outstanding especially Quick.

Niemi hardly played outstanding for Chicago, he was just less brutal then Iron Mike Leighton.

RedskinBronco
03-29-2013, 08:38 AM
Niemi hardly played outstanding for Chicago, he was just less brutal then Iron Mike Leighton.

exactly, goalie position isn't what it used to be and that's a byproduct of today's game. You cannot clutch, grab and wrestle guys down while they are shooting making it easier for Hasek, Roy, Brodeur, etc. to make a save.

It's not to say that guys like Lundqvist, Quick and Miller aren't better than most of the league's goaltenders, just that they don't affect a game as much as in the "old" NHL.

The bigger factor in Cup winning teams these days is stud d-men and strength down the middle.

You cannot argue with the past 4 winners - Pens, Hawks, Bruins, LA.

The strength of all those teams was elite D and elite center play (shutdown and scoring).

The pens had the "weakest" D of the bunch, but they had 2 great shutdown guys in Scuderi and Gill. The Bruins and Kings both had a stable of 6 tremendous guys. Well Kaberle no, but he didn't really have any impact, rarely played from what I remember.

maher_tyler
03-30-2013, 12:02 AM
exactly, goalie position isn't what it used to be and that's a byproduct of today's game. You cannot clutch, grab and wrestle guys down while they are shooting making it easier for Hasek, Roy, Brodeur, etc. to make a save.

It's not to say that guys like Lundqvist, Quick and Miller aren't better than most of the league's goaltenders, just that they don't affect a game as much as in the "old" NHL.

The bigger factor in Cup winning teams these days is stud d-men and strength down the middle.

The strength of all those teams was elite D and elite center play (shutdown and scoring).

The pens had the "weakest" D of the bunch, but they had 2 great shutdown guys in Scuderi and Gill. The Bruins and Kings both had a stable of 6 tremendous guys. Well Kaberle no, but he didn't really have any impact, rarely played from what I remember.

Teams that win have a good team all around with great goaltending. The last two Con Smythe winners...Thomas and Quick.

Lestat
03-30-2013, 12:44 AM

the last few stanley cup champs have have goalies damn near standing on their heads when they won the title. you either have a insanely hot goalie or a great one. they win you games in the playoffs.

SoCalBronco
03-30-2013, 11:39 AM
Iginla playing today and Sid gets hurt..lovely.

Come on Sid get back out there. Get stitched up and get back out there.

Paul Martin out 6 weeks.

Requiem
03-30-2013, 11:46 AM
Sid the Kid took a ****ing puck to the mouth. ouch. Nanners nanners god damners. We ain't playing Philadelphia but that team sucks weiner.

Requiem
03-30-2013, 01:14 PM
Vokun is playing lights out today. Wow. Just a boss.

PENS SCORE. 1-0. BOOM BABY.

chadta
03-30-2013, 02:58 PM
Iginla playing today and Sid gets hurt..lovely.

Come on Sid get back out there. Get stitched up and get back out there.

Paul Martin out 6 weeks.

I heard the refs gave the puck a penalty.

SoCalBronco
03-30-2013, 03:03 PM
I heard the refs gave the puck a penalty.

All I know is that I'm going to be furious if Stamkos steals the Art Ross due to stupid bull**** injuries. This isn't going to happen again. Hopefully Sid is ready by Tuesday even with the oral surgery.

This is ****ing bull****. Burn the damn blue jerseys already.

SoCalBronco
03-30-2013, 07:42 PM
:(

Hercules Rockefeller
03-30-2013, 08:11 PM
Stupid Caps, coming back and winning a game.

chadta
03-30-2013, 08:13 PM

I feel the same way, I was at great wolf today and found out that much to my surprise the flyers had beaten the bruins, its not helping our chances for seth jones.

If we arent going to win the lottery I hope they at least sneak into the playoffs to beat out pissburg.

Lestat
03-30-2013, 08:20 PM
I feel the same way, I was at great wolf today and found out that much to my surprise the flyers had beaten the bruins, its not helping our chances for seth jones.

If we arent going to win the lottery I hope they at least sneak into the playoffs to beat out pissburg.

keep your damn hands off Jones! he belongs to the Avs!

gyldenlove
03-31-2013, 09:36 AM
Oliver Lauridsen got his NHL debut for the Flyers last night, that makes 7 Danes who have played in the NHL this year.

BroncosSR
03-31-2013, 10:27 AM
Oliver Lauridsen got his NHL debut for the Flyers last night, that makes 7 Danes who have played in the NHL this year.

I thought he looked pretty good for his first game. He's a big, strong, tough player with a heavy shot. He seems decently quick as well. With experience, he could end up being a decent defenseman.

gyldenlove
03-31-2013, 10:39 AM
I thought he looked pretty good for his first game. He's a big, strong, tough player with a heavy shot. He seems decently quick as well. With experience, he could end up being a decent defenseman.

I hope he makes it, he has a good make up for being a 2nd or 3rd pairing guy who is primarily a stay at home type defender with size, strength and decent feet. Denmark hasn't really had any big stay at home guys on defence, it has mostly been smaller 2-way defensemen which is fine when you are a better team than the opponent, but when you play better teams you really need defensive guys first.

RedskinBronco
03-31-2013, 11:22 AM

lol

Do just enough to stay in that 8-11 range. I hate that they are hurting their top pick chances. It's a 48 game season, your team is poorly built with a lot of issues, just tank.

It would be typical caps to end up in 9th or they will get #8 and get up 3-1 on pittsburgh only to choke away games 5 and 6 and get blown out in game 7

edit: the one team that should be aiming for the 8 spot is the Flyers. They are the pens kryptonite. I just don't think they are good enough either to make the top 8

RedskinBronco
03-31-2013, 11:25 AM
All I know is that I'm going to be furious if Stamkos steals the Art Ross due to stupid bull**** injuries. This isn't going to happen again. Hopefully Sid is ready by Tuesday even with the oral surgery.

This is ****ing bull****. Burn the damn blue jerseys already.

You should be used to this by now though. Crosby has always been injury prone.

RedskinBronco
03-31-2013, 11:28 AM
the last few stanley cup champs have have goalies damn near standing on their heads when they won the title. you either have a insanely hot goalie or a great one. they win you games in the playoffs.

No I mean I agree your goalie has to be playing at a great level, I just think recently you can win a Cup by having insanely good shutdown D and being deep at center.

I guess what I am trying to say is someone with an Anti Niemi would never have won a Cup back in the day. He didn't hurt the hawks, but he wasn't an elite guy; he just played well enough.

I just think without the clutching and grabbing, it's much tougher on the goalies to dominate and it's more about your shutdown D-men and shutdown center (for stopping the opposition)

Lestat
03-31-2013, 11:42 AM
No I mean I agree your goalie has to be playing at a great level, I just think recently you can win a Cup by having insanely good shutdown D and being deep at center.

I guess what I am trying to say is someone with an Anti Niemi would never have won a Cup back in the day. He didn't hurt the hawks, but he wasn't an elite guy; he just played well enough.

I just think without the clutching and grabbing, it's much tougher on the goalies to dominate and it's more about your shutdown D-men and shutdown center (for stopping the opposition)

yes but my point was, even if they're not elite guys they play like it in stretches to help their team to the cup.

Niemi got overpaid like a mother after winning that cup because he played really well. or at least appeared to.

one thing i do love however... deep fried Wings :rofl:
getting rolled by the Hawks.

SoCalBronco
03-31-2013, 12:35 PM
You should be used to this by now though. Crosby has always been injury prone.

Injury prone? What does that have to do with Orpik shooting a puck into his face? That's a freak injury.

I'm fuming right now.....he has a broken jaw which is like 4 weeks which means he will get robbed of the Art Ross again even though he deserved it and earned it. This is ****ing bull****. Im unwilling to accept it. Even if we win the Cup i wont be completely happy. This mars everything for me.

This is ****ing bull****. Stamkos doesnt deserve ****. This is ****ing garbage. **** this ****...**** it. He needs to be in the lineup on Tuesday....or Thursday at worst. Im going to explode if that ****ing thief steals from us again. I still remember when he got a bull**** EN against FLA the last game of the season to tie for the RR. Fucjing piece of ****.

RedskinBronco
03-31-2013, 01:22 PM
Injury prone? What does that have to do with Orpik shooting a puck into his face? That's a freak injury.

I'm fuming right now.....he has a broken jaw which is like 4 weeks which means he will get robbed of the Art Ross again even though he deserved it and earned it. This is ****ing bull****. Im unwilling to accept it. Even if we win the Cup i wont be completely happy. This mars everything for me.

This is ****ing bull****. Stamkos doesnt deserve ****. This is ****ing garbage. **** this ****...**** it. He needs to be in the lineup on Tuesday....or Thursday at worst. Im going to explode if that ****ing thief steals from us again. I still remember when he got a bull**** EN against FLA the last game of the season to tie for the RR. Fucjing piece of ****.

It is a freak injury for sure. Not to blame crosby at all.

Just saying that for whatever reason, injury follows the guy. Hence, the injury prone label.

It is what it is. There have been MANY athletes over the years with the same issue.

I understand your frustration, but individual goals shouldn't matter. Isn't that what the media always told us when Ovechkin was outscoring Crosby. Remember back then it was, "oh well crosby is all about his team"

Much ado about nothing. Just have him ready for the playoffs really.

chadta
03-31-2013, 07:12 PM
WOW, socals mad now, I cant wait until he finds out that he also has a concussion.

gyldenlove
03-31-2013, 07:21 PM
WOW, socals mad now, I cant wait until he finds out that he also has a concussion.

You would really think that Penguins fans had gotten to used to seeing their star player getting injured, I mean they had 15 years of Mario doing it.

BroncosSR
03-31-2013, 09:54 PM
Today's game vs Capitals is the first time I saw any heart from this Flyers team. While they are ruining the "Suck For Seth" campaign, it's nice to see them start to stand up for each other and put together a few wins. Even though they were without 3 of their top 5 defenseman, they played for each other.

On a side note, Voracek has really come full circle. He answered the bell when someone took out Giroux. While it led to a 5-3 and 2 goals for the Capitals, Giroux, Kimmo and the team took upon themselves to fight and claw their way back with 9 seconds left to tie the game and Rusty buries the puck from Kimmo in OT.

I could only imagine where they'd be if they played with this kind of fight all year...

RedskinBronco
03-31-2013, 10:11 PM
Today's game vs Capitals is the first time I saw any heart from this Flyers team. While they are ruining the "Suck For Seth" campaign, it's nice to see them start to stand up for each other and put together a few wins. Even though they were without 3 of their top 5 defenseman, they played for each other.

On a side note, Voracek has really come full circle. He answered the bell when someone took out Giroux. While it led to a 5-3 and 2 goals for the Capitals, Giroux, Kimmo and the team took upon themselves to fight and claw their way back with 9 seconds left to tie the game and Rusty buries the puck from Kimmo in OT.

I could only imagine where they'd be if they played with this kind of fight all year...

You can thank the Caps part in this. Voracek was a dumbass and gave the caps top PP the opportunity but then Brouwer decides it would be cool to take a penalty with 7 min to go with the flyers in trouble; why jump start them with a bad penalty?

And of course, anytime you trot out Jeff Schultz (biggest 6'6" no talent, p***Y) and Marcus Johansson (can't win any one on one battle) in the final 2 min of a game; you deserve to lose.

The caps do not know how to handle pressure. They got a bunch of guys who shrink in pressure situations. If anything, tonight was a microcosm of their playoff debacles.

Edit: Brian Gionta and Martin St Louis knock Schultz out for ****s sake.

Aftermath
04-01-2013, 02:53 AM

Incredible game. Loved Vorabeast standing up for G like that. That kid he beat up is my friends old teammate. But wow what a game. Probably going to screw up suck for Seth and get steamrolled in the first round if we make it(highly doubt it).

Mogulseeker
04-01-2013, 04:40 PM
So a couple things... I love hockey, I grew up playing it, I played for the All-Navy team... but it's hard to follow with the Avs sucking like they are.

I really like this Seth Jones kid. A Denver native, who just might find himself on the Avalanche roster. I really do hope the Avalanche lose out and win the Seth Jones lottery.

Also, I hope this is an April Fools day joke:

George Gwozdecky to Leave DU Hockey Bench

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=18600&ATCLID=207019306

maher_tyler
04-01-2013, 06:54 PM
So a couple things... I love hockey, I grew up playing it, I played for the All-Navy team... but it's hard to follow with the Avs sucking like they are.

I really like this Seth Jones kid. A Denver native, who just might find himself on the Avalanche roster. I really do hope the Avalanche lose out and win the Seth Jones lottery.

Also, I hope this is an April Fools day joke:

George Gwozdecky to Leave DU Hockey Bench

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=18600&ATCLID=207019306

I haven't watched the Avs in over 2 weeks...I feel like I'm watching a re-run of a TV show except its the Avs playing the same boring dump and chase BS they have for the last 4 years. Done until Sacco is gone!

Lestat
04-01-2013, 07:18 PM
i want Seth Jones badly. but if we don't get him, Jonathan Drouin is nothing to sniff at, he might end up as the top offensive player to come out of the draft.

Mogulseeker
04-01-2013, 11:32 PM
So, what are the chances Sacco gets fired, Gwoz comes up to the NHL... AND we get Seth Jones.

That would be ideal, IMO.

socalorado
04-02-2013, 07:08 AM
It is a freak injury for sure. Not to blame crosby at all.

Just saying that for whatever reason, injury follows the guy. Hence, the injury prone label.

It is what it is. There have been MANY athletes over the years with the same issue.

I understand your frustration, but individual goals shouldn't matter. Isn't that what the media always told us when Ovechkin was outscoring Crosby. Remember back then it was, "oh well crosby is all about his team"

Much ado about nothing. Just have him ready for the playoffs really.

Little sid is gonna get lit up the moment he steps back on the ice. Especially if its in the palyoffs.
Who got suspended for hitting him with the puck in the mouth? I know it was one of his own guys, but i am sure the league suspended him for it. I mean its sidney crosby for crying out loud.

bronco militia
04-02-2013, 11:05 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i7dbdZlsR3Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

24champ
04-02-2013, 11:17 AM

http://www.bauer.com/cms-media/11/01/10773-BAUER-live-main-default-imagedata.jpg

Smiling Assassin27
04-02-2013, 11:28 AM
jagr to the bruins.

SoCalBronco
04-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Sid goes out and they lose to BUF lol.

maher_tyler
04-02-2013, 10:07 PM
So, what are the chances Sacco gets fired, Gwoz comes up to the NHL... AND we get Seth Jones.

That would be ideal, IMO.

With Sherman as GM...anything but the obvious is most likely to happen.

ElwayMD
04-03-2013, 08:05 AM

Vokoun didn't even show up. Glad to see he's back to his old form again. Power play looked very sloppy with no Crosby.

DivineLegion
04-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Jokinen is a Pen for a conditional pick.

I hope Jim gets a deal done for a gritty blue liner. Serves him right after letting Bryan Allen walk, and signing Corvo again. It just sucks I have to root for a product of a man that I respects own ruin.

24champ
04-03-2013, 12:23 PM

http://www.bauer.com/cms-media/11/01/10773-BAUER-live-main-default-imagedata.jpg

chadta
04-03-2013, 02:40 PM

not sure how even the biggest cindy nut swinger cant see that this kid isnt the best player in the game today

Hercules Rockefeller
04-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Up yours McPhee. You gave up Forsberg for Erat? You desperate piece of ****. You should have been fired years ago, and now you move one of your two A prospects for a 31-year old winger.

Varlamov and Eakin for Ribeiro, Erat, and Latta

Uggghhhhhhh

24champ
04-03-2013, 03:37 PM
not sure how even the biggest cindy nut swinger cant see that this kid isnt the best player in the game today

He's the best pure goal scorer, for sure. I don't know about the best all-around player just yet....but he's gonna be up there. Stamkos is only 23 and only going to get better. Shame he doesn't get as much publicity as some of the other stars in the league.

Btw, every time the Pens lose, or Stamkos scores a goal. I am posting that picture for Socal, just to drive him up a wall. ;D

chadta
04-03-2013, 03:46 PM
He's the best pure goal scorer, for sure. I don't know about the best all-around player just yet....but he's gonna be up there. Stamkos is only 23 and only going to get better.

We can disagree, I think hes already there, the kid gives 100% at both ends of the ice

Shame he doesn't get as much publicity as some of the other stars in the league.

Thats something that never gets said

Btw, every time the Pens lose, or Stamkos scores a goal. I am posting that picture for Socal, just to drive him up a wall. ;D

It should be posted every pens game that cindy doesnt play, win or lose for that effect.

24champ
04-03-2013, 03:52 PM
Kings made some low-key moves.

Acquired Robyn Regehr from Buffalo for 2 2nd round picks in 2014 and 2015.

Traded away Drewiske to Montreal for a 5th round pick in 2013.

24champ
04-03-2013, 03:53 PM
We can disagree, I think hes already there, the kid gives 100% at both ends of the ice

I'll admit, I don't watch a lot of, or any Lightning games. Just the highlight reels on ESPN.

SoCalBronco
04-03-2013, 04:06 PM

I know you don't really believe this. He is a great goal scorer but Sid is on another planet in terms of playmaking and vision. Even with StLouis Sid left him in the dust this year points wise.

RedskinBronco
04-03-2013, 04:17 PM
So the only way I can justify the Filip Forsberg for Martin Erat trade for the caps is that Mcphee was told "make playoffs or you are fired"

Unreal. One of the most risk averse GMs decides to splurge and overpay for ERAT?!!

If you are going to trade your #2 prospect, ****ing trade him for something more than Erat.

Iginla went for ****ing less!