PDA

View Full Version : 2012-2013 General NHL Hockey Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Lestat
01-27-2013, 05:48 PM
I cant believe the Stars got Jamie Benn for 5 yr / 26.25 m (5.25). Guy is so underrated. Id much rather have him than Lupul or Zajac.

all i know is this. once Benn signed for 5.25. Ryan O'Reilly has no business trying to demand anything over 3.75 mil.

RedskinBronco
01-27-2013, 09:06 PM
Pens fans are the NHL version of Skins fans...

haha, I will chime in here since I have had season tickets to both caps and skins.

Pens fans (the fake me out) transplants are absolutely the worst. They come into verizon center and have no respect and start kicking doors in, over flow toilets on purpose, etc.

I have been to multiple games in pittsburgh and fans there are good people for the most part and act like normal human beings. The posers that say they are from pittsburgh but live in DC because of jobs are the morons. **** YOU GO BACK TO PITTSBURGH THEN!

The thing is when skins fans needed their sports fix during ****ty years recently and jumped on the caps bandwagon, the pens fans learned the hard way. I saw many fights that ended in beatdowns of pens fans. They learned that skins fans will throw down, not like the more quiet hardcore caps fans.

If I had to rank them (visiting fans):

1) Buffalo (absolute worst). I spoke to a few canes fans who had a horrible experience with them in the 2006 Eastern Conf Final

2) Pittsburgh

3) Philly - Although they aren't as bad as they have been historically. I would say NYR is catching up here.

SoCalBronco
01-27-2013, 09:20 PM
Beatdowns of Pens fans? lol. Perhaps it is built up frustration because the Caps playing the Pens in a Game 7 is like the Browns playing the Broncos in an AFCCG.

Good guys can punch their ticket to the next round before the game even starts!

RedskinBronco
01-27-2013, 09:28 PM
Beatdowns of Pens fans? lol. Perhaps it is built up frustration because the Caps playing the Pens in a Game 7 is like the Browns playing the Broncos in an AFCCG.

Good guys can punch their ticket to the next round before the game even starts!

You mad?

Every fight I ever saw was low lifes wearing black and yellow starting it. They got what they deserved.

Has nothing to do with the games. No reason to take low blows for the actual games. I kind of expected more from you than to support the ****sburgh trash.

and btw, for as much choking as the caps do, guess who has more series wins since your 2009 Cup that was won on the shoulders of Malkin (but hey crosby is the best even though the p***Y sat out almost all of game 7 in detroit) and the league script to get the golden boy a Cup

SoCalBronco
01-27-2013, 09:34 PM
You mad?

Every fight I ever saw was low lifes wearing black and yellow starting it. They got what they deserved.

Has nothing to do with the games. No reason to take low blows for the actual games. I kind of expected more from you than to support the ****sburgh trash.

and btw, for as much choking as the caps do, guess who has more series wins since your 2009 Cup that was won on the shoulders of Malkin (but hey crosby is the best even though the p***Y sat out almost all of game 7 in detroit) and the league script to get the golden boy a Cup

Actually, in 2009, Crosby contributed just as much if not more than Geno. He finished with like 31 points in that playoff season, about 5 short of Geno, although that was because he and Zetterberg erased each other schematically in the Final. The last few years have been tough and underachieving, esp this past year.

This year, there is still a winger problem, esp on Sid's line. Kunitz is really showing his age so far. I'm waiting for Bennett to be brought up. Geno is having some real anger issues so far and is real close to tuning Bylsma out. Martin has been much better than last year, but the d-corps are still kind of suspect. True solutions wont come until Morrow, Dumolin, Harrington etc. are ready. Despres has shown some flashes but has been scratched the last few games because he is turning it over too much. PIT will be back atop of the league with another title....but probably not in 2013.

And BTW since when did you become a big Caps fan? Dude, in earlier posts I thought you yourself called them chokers and said you were an Avs fan first?

Calm down bro (yes, you can lulz at me telling you to calm down :) )

RedskinBronco
01-27-2013, 09:44 PM
Actually, in 2009, Crosby contributed just as much if not more than Geno. He finished with like 31 points in that playoff season, about 5 short of Geno, although that was because he and Zetterberg erased each other schematically in the Final. The last few years have been tough and underachieving, esp this past year.

This year, there is still a winger problem, esp on Sid's line. Kunitz is really showing his age so far. I'm waiting for Bennett to be brought up. Geno is having some real anger issues so far and is real close to tuning Bylsma out. Martin has been much better than last year, but the d-corps are still kind of suspect. True solutions wont come until Morrow, Dumolin, Harrington etc. are ready. Despres has shown some flashes but has been scratched the last few games because he is turning it over too much. PIT will be back atop of the league with another title....but probably not in 2013.

And BTW since when did you become a big Caps fan? Dude, in earlier posts I thought you yourself called them chokers and said you were an Avs fan first?

Calm down bro (yes, you can lulz at me telling you to calm down :) )

No, no just because I know they are chokers doesn't mean I'm not a fan. Hockey is my #1 sport; I play it, I watch it like religion, etc.

I am a caps/avs fan and a peter forsberg fan; my favorite player of all time. I didn't like it when he went to Nashville or Philly but it is what it is.

As for the pens, Malkin is the key (in my eyes at least). I also do not trust crosby to stay healthy. It's not all his fault, but he is injury prone nonetheless. From what I see so far from them this year, the defense is suspect and so I think it will be tough for them to win a SC.

I expect more from the avs than I do the caps. I like Oates and his system but he's going to need more pieces. The caps played a good game today but they don't look like they have enough honestly. The avs look like a young team that can scare some teams in the playoffs and I do think they will get in this year. I'm always a big believer in Varlamov so I think they might cause some damage in the WC.

It's all good man, just thought you wouldn't defend your trash group of fans (every team has them).

edit: and you know I don't sugarcoat things even if I am a fan of X team. Remember our shanny debates ;)

Ray Finkle
01-28-2013, 03:58 AM
haha, I will chime in here since I have had season tickets to both caps and skins.

Pens fans (the fake me out) transplants are absolutely the worst. They come into verizon center and have no respect and start kicking doors in, over flow toilets on purpose, etc.

I have been to multiple games in pittsburgh and fans there are good people for the most part and act like normal human beings. The posers that say they are from pittsburgh but live in DC because of jobs are the morons. **** YOU GO BACK TO PITTSBURGH THEN!

The thing is when skins fans needed their sports fix during ****ty years recently and jumped on the caps bandwagon, the pens fans learned the hard way. I saw many fights that ended in beatdowns of pens fans. They learned that skins fans will throw down, not like the more quiet hardcore caps fans.

If I had to rank them (visiting fans):

1) Buffalo (absolute worst). I spoke to a few canes fans who had a horrible experience with them in the 2006 Eastern Conf Final

2) Pittsburgh

3) Philly - Although they aren't as bad as they have been historically. I would say NYR is catching up here.

Caps fans used to be great.....in the 80's-90's you could sit next to a Caps fan at the old arena and have a good time. It all changed with Ovie. Very few "real" Caps fans from the day exist, it's all the Ovie aged fans that think since they have the goofy looking, 0 work ethic drunk on their team, they deserve a championship every year.

Other than going to the Rangers games with a bunch of buddies, I can't stand that place anymore.

RedskinBronco
01-28-2013, 07:51 AM
Caps fans used to be great.....in the 80's-90's you could sit next to a Caps fan at the old arena and have a good time. It all changed with Ovie. Very few "real" Caps fans from the day exist, it's all the Ovie aged fans that think since they have the goofy looking, 0 work ethic drunk on their team, they deserve a championship every year.

Other than going to the Rangers games with a bunch of buddies, I can't stand that place anymore.

I could definitely see that. Also keep in mind, a lot of the landover crowd never made the transition to chinatown. A lot of hardcore caps fans came from the landover community.

And you are spot on about the drunk, partying sense of entitlement that cost them a Cup from the 2009-2011 timeframe. I thought 2008 was probably their best chance if they got past the flyers in that tough 1st round series.

It seems like Chimera, Brouwer, Ribiero, etc. all have backing from oates or the organization to call out ovechkin as they did it after yesterday's game. Lots of quotes in the paper today about his play.

This can end one of 2 ways: 1) If they start winning, ovie will likely contribute and help propel the team or 2) if they can't string together wins, ovie will start pouting and ask out.

Just another saga in this franchise's long history with these things. Murphy, Stevens, Jagr, etc.

Ray Finkle
01-28-2013, 07:59 AM
I could definitely see that. Also keep in mind, a lot of the landover crowd never made the transition to chinatown. A lot of hardcore caps fans came from the landover community.

And you are spot on about the drunk, partying sense of entitlement that cost them a Cup from the 2009-2011 timeframe. I thought 2008 was probably their best chance if they got past the flyers in that tough 1st round series.

It seems like Chimera, Brouwer, Ribiero, etc. all have backing from oates or the organization to call out ovechkin as they did it after yesterday's game. Lots of quotes in the paper today about his play.

This can end one of 2 ways: 1) If they start winning, ovie will likely contribute and help propel the team or 2) if they can't string together wins, ovie will start pouting and ask out.

Just another saga in this franchise's long history with these things. Murphy, Stevens, Jagr, etc.

You make a lot of valid points....when they were in MD, it was real hockey, not it's an event.

Spend some time in Clarendon and you're bound to run into drunk Ovie (or Mike Green)....

RedskinBronco
01-28-2013, 08:06 AM
You make a lot of valid points....when they were in MD, it was real hockey, not it's an event.

Spend some time in Clarendon and you're bound to run into drunk Ovie (or Mike Green)....

Oh yeah LOL. I see them out all the time. It's an organization issue, Leonsis "didn't care" what they did as long as they were winning. Now that people are jumping off the bandwagon (skins and nats look to be primed), he suddenly cares. It's a joke. They should have been reeling in these "young guns" when they were actually young, but like fools they let them do whatever they wanted.

Also, I won't name the pens player but I went to a party after they had won the Stanley Cup in summer 2009 and the pens player (drunk of his ass mind you, but still truth comes out) was ridiculing ovie and the caps. He said something along the lines of the caps had the series won, but the ****ing clowns decided to party it up during the series and lost. I just shook my head because between games 1 and 2 of that series I saw dynamic russian duo of semin and ovechkin out getting ****faced, breaking glasses etc.

btw, here are a couple of quotes from yesterday.

“When [Ovechkin] moves his feet, he’s the best player in the world. That’s what he can do,” teammate Jason Chimera said. “You could tell through two periods that even though he didn’t have anything he was playing good. You could tell he was on the forecheck, he was getting to guys, he was in the cycle. That’s what we need from him. When he does that, people follow. That’s the name of the game.”

Added center Mike Ribeiro, who had the secondary assist on Ovechkin’s goal: “He’s a big boy. He has all the skills in the world. And I think once he gets that we have to play all the same way and then gets into that I think he’s gonna be even more, like, bigger beast than he is right now. By doing the little things that system wise that everyone has to do as a team.”

Ray Finkle
01-28-2013, 08:11 AM
Oh yeah LOL. I see them out all the time. It's an organization issue, Leonsis "didn't care" what they did as long as they were winning. Now that people are jumping off the bandwagon (skins and nats look to be primed), he suddenly cares. It's a joke. They should have been reeling in these "young guns" when they were actually young, but like fools they let them do whatever they wanted.

Also, I won't name the pens player but I went to a party after they had won the Stanley Cup in summer 2009 and the pens player (drunk of his ass mind you, but still truth comes out) was ridiculing ovie and the caps. He said something along the lines of the caps had the series won, but the ****ing clowns decided to party it up during the series and lost. I just shook my head because between games 1 and 2 of that series I saw dynamic russian duo of semin and ovechkin out getting ****faced, breaking glasses etc.

btw, here are a couple of quotes from yesterday.

“When [Ovechkin] moves his feet, he’s the best player in the world. That’s what he can do,” teammate Jason Chimera said. “You could tell through two periods that even though he didn’t have anything he was playing good. You could tell he was on the forecheck, he was getting to guys, he was in the cycle. That’s what we need from him. When he does that, people follow. That’s the name of the game.”

Added center Mike Ribeiro, who had the secondary assist on Ovechkin’s goal: “He’s a big boy. He has all the skills in the world. And I think once he gets that we have to play all the same way and then gets into that I think he’s gonna be even more, like, bigger beast than he is right now. By doing the little things that system wise that everyone has to do as a team.”

Green is actually one of the cooler Caps I've met out. Actually had a conversation over a beer and had some good insight....Ovie's just a booze hound looking for chics....

It's true about Ovie, for too long they gave him the keys to the kingdom with no restraints. As he's gotten older and is in less than ideal playing weight, his game has gone down.

RedskinBronco
01-28-2013, 08:20 AM
Green is actually one of the cooler Caps I've met out. Actually had a conversation over a beer and had some good insight....Ovie's just a booze hound looking for chics....

It's true about Ovie, for too long they gave him the keys to the kingdom with no restraints. As he's gotten older and is in less than ideal playing weight, his game has gone down.

Agree on Green. I have mutual friends, he's a very cool dude. He also has matured big time.

He doesn't get hammered like he did when he first got here. He realized it wasn't good for his career and he leaves early too.

Shame for Green is that injuries have really derailed his career. He was going to be a great one but you can tell he doesn't have the burst that he did when he was younger. Still a great player but he could have been special.

The coolest player I ever met was Brent Johnson. That guy is so down to earth it's unreal. He is genuinely interested; I was amazed he stood there talking to me for 20 min. Real cool guy, in my mind I was like "soooo, should I be the one that says I go to go lol" Awesome guy though, with a lot of insight and appreciative of hockey players/fans

Ray Finkle
01-28-2013, 08:28 AM
Agree on Green. I have mutual friends, he's a very cool dude. He also has matured big time.

He doesn't get hammered like he did when he first got here. He realized it wasn't good for his career and he leaves early too.

Shame for Green is that injuries have really derailed his career. He was going to be a great one but you can tell he doesn't have the burst that he did when he was younger. Still a great player but he could have been special.

The coolest player I ever met was Brent Johnson. That guy is so down to earth it's unreal. He is genuinely interested; I was amazed he stood there talking to me for 20 min. Real cool guy, in my mind I was like "soooo, should I be the one that says I go to go lol" Awesome guy though, with a lot of insight and appreciative of hockey players/fans

Knuble was another good guy....when we spoke he noticed I had a local lacrosse shirt on and then began to ask me about lacrosse questions (his kids play).

Lestat
01-28-2013, 09:46 AM
i think the Caps will do well with Oates as coach. he can get the most out of his players and really helps enhance their scoring.
you can see the wonders he did for Stamkos when he was a young pup and helped guide him to reach his potential.

of course, they also need to decide who is their #1 goalie.
they have become as bad as the Flyers with going back and forth.
glad we got Varlamov from them when we did, still not happy about the price we paid but dude is worth it.

gyldenlove
01-28-2013, 10:04 AM
all i know is this. once Benn signed for 5.25. Ryan O'Reilly has no business trying to demand anything over 3.75 mil.

I definitely agree. There is real disparity in the league when it comes to teams resigning their own players prior to free agency - some teams are doing a very good job of getting guys under reasonable contracts and others are so scared by the prospect of losing a guy to free agency that they overpay for guys who fit in that top 4-6 bracket.

Benn is a good deal at 5.25 and it is a contract that makes a lot of sense given his age and his playing style. Zajac is overvalued because he is a center on a team with no depth at that position. The Stars are in a good place with their current ownership situation, they have a ton of money coming off the books next season, Roy, Jagr, Ryder, Morrow and they have no young players who are in for huge raises the next 2 years unless something spectacular happens. With the impending drop in salary cap due next season that is a good place to be.

Requiem
01-28-2013, 10:49 AM
I never said they would win, so why would i bet that they will ?

you have, put up or shut up.

Why even watch the games if you don't have faith in your team to win it all? You that down on the group of losers you cheer for?

By the fact that you are here posting im going to guess the pengals won today

I post in the NHL thread whenever I feel like it. It has nothing to do with whether or not Penguins win. They won't win every game. What kind of Simpleton are you to even suggest that?

Like I said: $1,000 bucks your team doesn't win the Cup. I'll even put you on a payment plan. Are you too much of a chicken****? :)

RedskinBronco
01-28-2013, 11:25 AM
i think the Caps will do well with Oates as coach. he can get the most out of his players and really helps enhance their scoring.
you can see the wonders he did for Stamkos when he was a young pup and helped guide him to reach his potential.

of course, they also need to decide who is their #1 goalie.
they have become as bad as the Flyers with going back and forth.
glad we got Varlamov from them when we did, still not happy about the price we paid but dude is worth it.

I like the Oates hiring and all my friends who follow the caps like the hire. You can tell his system is good and he has a great mind. I still think he needs more pieces (mainly a top 6 scoring winger and another top 4 d-man) but I can live with his system.

Boudreau was run and gun, oh ****! what do I do when I get stumped!! His lack of adjustments against Montreal in 2010 was so embarrassing.

Dale Hunter was good for the work ethic, competitive fire aspect of the game. They busted their asses for Dale.

if they can combine the run through a wall for Hunter with Oates' system, they will go places.

But I still think a couple of upgrades are needed. I love Joel Ward but expecting 30 goals from him is not something you want to do if you want to legitimately compete. It was kind of ironic yesterday on the Ottawa feed they were saying how Crosby needs help and the wingers he has (Dupuis, Kunitz) are not going to cut it. Funny, a few years ago everyone was saying how crosby was just that damn good...he could take scrubs and make them awesome 1st liners

Lestat
01-28-2013, 11:36 AM
I definitely agree. There is real disparity in the league when it comes to teams resigning their own players prior to free agency - some teams are doing a very good job of getting guys under reasonable contracts and others are so scared by the prospect of losing a guy to free agency that they overpay for guys who fit in that top 4-6 bracket.

Benn is a good deal at 5.25 and it is a contract that makes a lot of sense given his age and his playing style. Zajac is overvalued because he is a center on a team with no depth at that position. The Stars are in a good place with their current ownership situation, they have a ton of money coming off the books next season, Roy, Jagr, Ryder, Morrow and they have no young players who are in for huge raises the next 2 years unless something spectacular happens. With the impending drop in salary cap due next season that is a good place to be.

i agree. some teams overpay and then screw up the market for others.
this is partly why O'Reilly's agent is trying to demand more than 3.5 per on a short deal and 5 or more on a long term one.
he's got stats that prove O'Reilly is one of the top players in the league based upon his overall defensive play, offensive production and face off ability.

i don't blame the Avs for taking a hard stance, he's got one good season to 2 other so-so ones. Duchene is making 3.5, Johnson 3.75. no way O'Reilly deserves more than either one.

SoCalBronco
01-28-2013, 11:56 AM
I like the Oates hiring and all my friends who follow the caps like the hire. You can tell his system is good and he has a great mind. I still think he needs more pieces (mainly a top 6 scoring winger and another top 4 d-man) but I can live with his system.

Boudreau was run and gun, oh ****! what do I do when I get stumped!! His lack of adjustments against Montreal in 2010 was so embarrassing.

Dale Hunter was good for the work ethic, competitive fire aspect of the game. They busted their asses for Dale.

if they can combine the run through a wall for Hunter with Oates' system, they will go places.

But I still think a couple of upgrades are needed. I love Joel Ward but expecting 30 goals from him is not something you want to do if you want to legitimately compete. It was kind of ironic yesterday on the Ottawa feed they were saying how Crosby needs help and the wingers he has (Dupuis, Kunitz) are not going to cut it. Funny, a few years ago everyone was saying how crosby was just that damn good...he could take scrubs and make them awesome 1st liners

That's the thing... a few years ago Kunitz was at least scoring on some of the chances Sid was feedinhim. Now he just looks old and awful. There were at least 3-4 beautiful chances flubbed in the game yesterday. Pens fans want him taken off the PP now too. Kunitz is done...bring up Bennett.

RedskinBronco
01-28-2013, 12:14 PM
That's the thing... a few years ago Kunitz was at least scoring on some of the chances Sid was feedinhim. Now he just looks old and awful. There were at least 3-4 beautiful chances flubbed in the game yesterday. Pens fans want him taken off the PP now too. Kunitz is done...bring up Bennett.

Yep, I saw that. Same issues in DC. Caps have no excuse for not having another scoring wing though, they have the cap space. I believe the pens are tapped our right?

People really underestimated what Clark, Knuble and Kozlov brought to the first line. I realize Knuble didn't have much left and it was time to replace him but Brouwer chemistry with ovechkin/backstrom just doesn't seem to be working and really I feel they should split up 19 and 8 which they have done.

Lestat
01-28-2013, 01:22 PM

the Caps definitely need some upgrades on the wing. they rely so heavily on their minors that they rarely go out and dip into FA heavily.

RedskinBronco
01-28-2013, 02:15 PM
the Caps definitely need some upgrades on the wing. they rely so heavily on their minors that they rarely go out and dip into FA heavily.

Yep, It's either Mcphee is conservative or Leonsis is cheap because it's all bargain basement type acquisitions (Wolski, etc.) or guys that fall right in their hands (Vokoun, Knuble).

It seems lately that it's Leonsis is the issue due to him being exposed that he didn't want to pay James Harden a 5 yr $80M extension after wizards/okc had a tentative deal in place. He also seems to have been the guy leading the crusade for shorter term and less salary during this NHL lockout so he is under immense scrutiny now.

They really do overvalue the draft picks here (e.g., Johansson, Schultz). IMO, they will forever regret not acquiring Pronger or not putting an honest deal for Chara. You put a top notch #1 on any of the 2008-2011 caps and you probably win a Cup.

The rose is off leonsis, he is being seen as a cheap bastard these days and you have to question a guy's commitment when he keeps a GM around for 15 years. Then again, he could be keeping him around because he does everything Ted wants. I hear many confirmations that Mcphee gets vetoed by Dick Patrick and Ted Leonsis which is now becoming more evident given the James Harden story.

chadta
01-28-2013, 02:38 PM
Why even watch the games if you don't have faith in your team to win it all? You that down on the group of losers you cheer for?

What kind of retarded homer are you ? oh wait, part time pens fan I forgot, the rest of us can see years where teams have real shots, and teams that don't.

Like I said: $1,000 bucks your team doesn't win the Cup. I'll even put you on a payment plan. Are you too much of a chicken****? :)

So now you expect me to bet a grand on something I don't believe, when you didn't have the balls to bet 20 bucks on something you did believe, after shooting your mouth off about it. Then you call me a chicken ****. That ranks right up there with the old, I am rubber you are glue defense.

If you can find me one post where I said the cup is ours, or even hinted that i thought the team would realistically win the cup this year, unlike you I will back it up.

Happy hunting chicken ****

Requiem
01-28-2013, 02:45 PM
What kind of retarded homer are you ? oh wait, part time pens fan I forgot, the rest of us can see years where teams have real shots, and teams that don't.

Yes, part-time Pens fan. Hilarious!

So now you expect me to bet a grand on something I don't believe, when you didn't have the balls to bet 20 bucks on something you did believe, after shooting your mouth off about it.

You said bet anything. I made and offer. You cried in the sandbox and went home.

Then you call me a chicken ****. That ranks right up there with the old, I am rubber you are glue defense.

If the shoe fits, wear it.

If you can find me one post where I said the cup is ours, or even hinted that i thought the team would realistically win the cup this year, unlike you I will back it up.

I just seem to find a lot of posts with you following me around like a little toddler, despite the fact that you are a grown-up. How does it feel to relive sixth grade?

Happy hunting chicken ****

Just because a poster requested it:

http://gifsoup.com/view/41347/charles-manson-o.gif

Lestat
01-28-2013, 03:49 PM
Yep, It's either Mcphee is conservative or Leonsis is cheap because it's all bargain basement type acquisitions (Wolski, etc.) or guys that fall right in their hands (Vokoun, Knuble).

It seems lately that it's Leonsis is the issue due to him being exposed that he didn't want to pay James Harden a 5 yr $80M extension after wizards/okc had a tentative deal in place. He also seems to have been the guy leading the crusade for shorter term and less salary during this NHL lockout so he is under immense scrutiny now.

They really do overvalue the draft picks here (e.g., Johansson, Schultz). IMO, they will forever regret not acquiring Pronger or not putting an honest deal for Chara. You put a top notch #1 on any of the 2008-2011 caps and you probably win a Cup.

The rose is off leonsis, he is being seen as a cheap bastard these days and you have to question a guy's commitment when he keeps a GM around for 15 years. Then again, he could be keeping him around because he does everything Ted wants. I hear many confirmations that Mcphee gets vetoed by Dick Patrick and Ted Leonsis which is now becoming more evident given the James Harden story.

oh he's definitely cheap. he's more concerned with turning a big time profit than paying for a sure fire winner.
he's like Reinsdorf in that way. except Jerry will bend over backwards for the White Sox and go cheap with the Bulls(the Bulls are generally the 2nd or 3rd most profitable team in the NBA).

RedskinBronco
01-28-2013, 03:58 PM
oh he's definitely cheap. he's more concerned with turning a big time profit than paying for a sure fire winner.
he's like Reinsdorf in that way. except Jerry will bend over backwards for the White Sox and go cheap with the Bulls(the Bulls are generally the 2nd or 3rd most profitable team in the NBA).

lol funny that you bring up Reinsdorf and his cheap ways with the Bulls. Being a Bulls fan, it's really aggravating for me. So sad that a top market like that has such a cheap owner. He doesn't like basketball; all he cares about is his white sox like you said.

edit: another egg on Ted's face is the whole Hockey Related Revenue fiasco. He's a big fat liar; he uses the profits from the caps for his own pockets or on the currently in the red wizards who have tickets going for less than $2 on stubhub sometimes

Lestat
01-28-2013, 04:14 PM
lol funny that you bring up Reinsdorf and his cheap ways with the Bulls. Being a Bulls fan, it's really aggravating for me. So sad that a top market like that has such a cheap owner. He doesn't like basketball; all he cares about is his white sox like you said.

edit: another egg on Ted's face is the whole Hockey Related Revenue fiasco. He's a big fat liar; he uses the profits from the caps for his own pockets or on the currently in the red wizards who have tickets going for less than $2 on stubhub sometimes

the Bulls made the 2nd most money of NBA teams last season and we can't re-sign Asik because that cheap bastard doesn't want to call Morey on his BS poison pill and go into the luxury tax.
then we have Teague sitting while Hinrich was playing like a cripple.

RedskinBronco
01-28-2013, 04:59 PM
the Bulls made the 2nd most money of NBA teams last season and we can't re-sign Asik because that cheap bastard doesn't want to call Morey on his BS poison pill and go into the luxury tax.
then we have Teague sitting while Hinrich was playing like a cripple.

I feel your pain. The Bulls have no excuse not to legitimately compete for the title so long as Rose is here. I mean **** all they have to do is get another star.

Boozer has been pretty solid this year but he was not a good signing and he isn't the piece they need.

Deng is who he is. Hinrich and Hamilton man I hope they aren't playing much come playoff time or we are screwed.

I was contemplating to go watch Bulls/Wiz on saturday but I knew I would get aggravated if I went especially after they beat golden state the night before so I just went to play hockey instead. They just don't have the firepower right now and are not a real contender until they get another superstar type.

I love Deng and Noah, but we need more. Rose needs more help and that's assuming he's back remotely close to what he was pre-injury.

Lestat
01-28-2013, 05:17 PM
I feel your pain. The Bulls have no excuse not to legitimately compete for the title so long as Rose is here. I mean **** all they have to do is get another star.

Boozer has been pretty solid this year but he was not a good signing and he isn't the piece they need.

Deng is who he is. Hinrich and Hamilton man I hope they aren't playing much come playoff time or we are screwed.

I was contemplating to go watch Bulls/Wiz on saturday but I knew I would get aggravated if I went especially after they beat golden state the night before so I just went to play hockey instead. They just don't have the firepower right now and are not a real contender until they get another superstar type.

I love Deng and Noah, but we need more. Rose needs more help and that's assuming he's back remotely close to what he was pre-injury.

the only way that will happen is if Rose starts making demands. but he truly feels he can win with his teammates and he wants guys who love to be in Chicago.

Lestat
01-28-2013, 05:28 PM
damn, even PK Subban just signed. 2 year deal for a 2.875 AAV.
O'Reilly officially has no leg to stand on.

Beantown Bronco
01-28-2013, 07:39 PM
damn, even PK Subban just signed. 2 year deal for a 2.875 AAV.
O'Reilly officially has no leg to stand on.

Subban's gotta be banking on a big season and a rather large extension this offseason. Otherwise, he got hosed big time on that one and his agent should be shot.

Lestat
01-28-2013, 07:45 PM
Subban's gotta be banking on a big season and a rather large extension this offseason. Otherwise, he got hosed big time on that one and his agent should be shot.

his agent is Mark Guy, who is the same agent who represents Ryan O'Reilly.
both are repped by Newport Sports Management. ran by Don Meehan who is the Scott Boras of hockey.

gyldenlove
01-28-2013, 07:50 PM

He had no leverage, they had made a qualifying offer so he could sit down and not play and not get paid or he could work out a deal that would take him to unrestricted free agency and cash in. The alternative would have been the dreaded 2nd contract that is something like 5 or 6 years at around 4 million per like what Cam Fowler got.

Lestat
01-28-2013, 08:14 PM
He had no leverage, they had made a qualifying offer so he could sit down and not play and not get paid or he could work out a deal that would take him to unrestricted free agency and cash in. The alternative would have been the dreaded 2nd contract that is something like 5 or 6 years at around 4 million per like what Cam Fowler got.

no RFA really has leverage without being the unquestioned franchise player and driving force behind the team.

maher_tyler
01-28-2013, 09:14 PM
Avs playing in mid season form. Another 4-1 beat down making Dubnyk look like Patrick Roy. Special Teams looking Special Ed. 1 goal in 2 games. The Sacco extension grinds the gears that much more every game we play undisciplined sloppy uninspired hockey.

RedskinBronco
01-29-2013, 06:34 AM
Avs playing in mid season form. Another 4-1 beat down making Dubnyk look like Patrick Roy. Special Teams looking Special Ed. 1 goal in 2 games. The Sacco extension grinds the gears that much more every game we play undisciplined sloppy uninspired hockey.

Edmonton is an up and coming team; having said that the Avalanche were no shows and were half assing until they scored that goal, then they tried to turn it up and play inspired hockey.

Bad night for the Avs. You can understand losing to a hot San Jose team, but to look like crap last night was not good especially after some solid home game performances where they had good energy.

chadta
01-29-2013, 05:26 PM
Theres another goal before the popcorns even made, getting really sick of these first shot goals.

SoCalBronco
01-29-2013, 06:22 PM
So I'm at work just saw the ticker on my phone saying we are getting raped by NYI. Face palm. Won't be watching that DVR when I get home.

Get it the **** together dammit

gyldenlove
01-29-2013, 07:02 PM
So I'm at work just saw the ticker on my phone saying we are getting raped by NYI. Face palm. Won't be watching that DVR when I get home.

Get it the **** together dammit

The Isles have strangely been playing some really decent hockey so far this season.

maher_tyler
01-29-2013, 07:19 PM
Edmonton is an up and coming team; having said that the Avalanche were no shows and were half assing until they scored that goal, then they tried to turn it up and play inspired hockey.

Bad night for the Avs. You can understand losing to a hot San Jose team, but to look like crap last night was not good especially after some solid home game performances where they had good energy.

This has been an on going thing. It's been the same **** since we made the playoffs his first year. Sacco was a mediocre player and he's a mediocre coach. Dumb penalties every night. Can't even make routine passes/plays. It's extremely furstrating to watch the same BS hockey for the 3rd straight year. There isn't a bit of any indication that Sacco is on the hot seat either!

gyldenlove
01-29-2013, 07:42 PM
This has been an on going thing. It's been the same **** since we made the playoffs his first year. Sacco was a mediocre player and he's a mediocre coach. Dumb penalties every night. Can't even make routine passes/plays. It's extremely furstrating to watch the same BS hockey for the 3rd straight year. There isn't a bit of any indication that Sacco is on the hot seat either!

I can't believe how irrelevant Paul Stastny has become, if anyone ever needed a change of scenery it is that guy.

The defense is atrociously bad, Erik Johnson might be a decent player, and Jan Hejda would play for most teams, but other than those 2, none of the other backs would be in the top 6 on most rosters. Up front there is some talent, but not enough and no depth at all. The bottom 6 forwards reads like a middle of the pack AHL team.

The best hope for the Avs right now would be a complete failure, winning the Mackinnon lottery or at least getting Seth Jones, trading Paul Stastny for some kind of value to a team that has an excess of defenders and firding Sacco - out of a howitzer into the sun.

maher_tyler
01-29-2013, 08:05 PM
I can't believe how irrelevant Paul Stastny has become, if anyone ever needed a change of scenery it is that guy.

The defense is atrociously bad, Erik Johnson might be a decent player, and Jan Hejda would play for most teams, but other than those 2, none of the other backs would be in the top 6 on most rosters. Up front there is some talent, but not enough and no depth at all. The bottom 6 forwards reads like a middle of the pack AHL team.

The best hope for the Avs right now would be a complete failure, winning the Mackinnon lottery or at least getting Seth Jones, trading Paul Stastny for some kind of value to a team that has an excess of defenders and firding Sacco - out of a howitzer into the sun.

I couldn't agree more about your entire post.

bronco militia
01-29-2013, 08:40 PM

Damn...nailed it.

bronco militia
01-29-2013, 08:42 PM
To add, I think the same thing when I watch the pens but I think they can solve most of their problems by firing the coach. It sounds ****ty, but that kind of talent playing that ****ty should cost someone their job

RedskinBronco
01-29-2013, 09:04 PM
This season will be a cluster****.

In all fairness to NYI, they have actually been playing pretty well despite their record. They are a very good offensive team. Having said that, I am sure Bylsma is feeling the heat since there were rumblings last year.

Flyers and Caps are so screwed. It's about damn time Mcphee is fired and honestly Ted is a ****ing bastard too, so **** him. Oates has a good system and they did it so well for 2 periods tonight but then returned to crap hockey. Just not a well constructed team.

Sacco does need to go. Re: stastny, it's become a damn pattern with all these long term contracts. I applaud Montreal for only giving Subban 2 years.

I hope Landeskog gets healthy soon because he is so damn important to the avs. I can feel that guy is going to be a great winner in this league. He is all about winning.

So far, I would say Tampa and Chicago are probably the most impressive. San Jose is doing their normal **** that won't work in the playoffs. I see they still have issues with the Ducks and their big bodies. Same old sharks.

My sleeper pick is Montreal. A Michel Therien coached team with Carey Price in net and a top PP is going to scare a lot of teams. I think they get in and scare some top seeds.

Just like the NHL season, I'm all over the place with my comments tonight ;)

broncocalijohn
01-29-2013, 09:20 PM
Eastern Conference is so irrelevant to me even though so many important teams are in the East. No cross conference this season which sucks for the already limited veiwing opps at Anaheim but at least it is a true baseball style Stanley Cup Championship this season.
Ducks up 2 to 1 and dominating the Sharks who are undefeated this season and scoring at will. Best part of starting hockey in January is Ducks stink in September/October. This might be a blessing in disguise for them.

Onto the 3rd period.

maher_tyler
01-29-2013, 10:03 PM
Eastern Conference is so irrelevant to me even though so many important teams are in the East. No cross conference this season which sucks for the already limited veiwing opps at Anaheim but at least it is a true baseball style Stanley Cup Championship this season.
Ducks up 2 to 1 and dominating the Sharks who are undefeated this season and scoring at will. Best part of starting hockey in January is Ducks stink in September/October. This might be a blessing in disguise for them.

Onto the 3rd period.

I tuned in just in time. What an exciting last 3 minutes of regulation and OT.

24champ
01-29-2013, 10:11 PM
Selanne goes off the post in the SO and the Sharks stay undefeated.

Lestat
01-29-2013, 10:41 PM
firing Sacco would solve a ton of problems. the team opening the purse and signing some top defensive guys would also.
what has really hurt the team is banking so heavily on the farm and when they get to the show Sacco barely plays them.
if Siemens had developed like Hamilton we'd be straight on D. but he's too busy with his head up his ass.

Requiem
01-30-2013, 05:59 AM
Selanne goes off the post in the SO and the Sharks stay undefeated.

Them and Chicago are just killin' it.

socalorado
01-30-2013, 06:05 AM
What sucks is the Ducks had that game won.
Outplayed the Sharks all game, and they let them
back in it.

RedskinBronco
01-30-2013, 06:26 AM
What sucks is the Ducks had that game won.
Outplayed the Sharks all game, and they let them
back in it.

Don't worry, when it matters (i.e., the playoffs), the ducks would destroy the sharks.

Sharks game doesn't translate in the playoffs.

gyldenlove
01-30-2013, 06:59 AM
This season will be a cluster****.

In all fairness to NYI, they have actually been playing pretty well despite their record. They are a very good offensive team. Having said that, I am sure Bylsma is feeling the heat since there were rumblings last year.

Flyers and Caps are so screwed. It's about damn time Mcphee is fired and honestly Ted is a ****ing bastard too, so **** him. Oates has a good system and they did it so well for 2 periods tonight but then returned to crap hockey. Just not a well constructed team.

Sacco does need to go. Re: stastny, it's become a damn pattern with all these long term contracts. I applaud Montreal for only giving Subban 2 years.

I hope Landeskog gets healthy soon because he is so damn important to the avs. I can feel that guy is going to be a great winner in this league. He is all about winning.

So far, I would say Tampa and Chicago are probably the most impressive. San Jose is doing their normal **** that won't work in the playoffs. I see they still have issues with the Ducks and their big bodies. Same old sharks.

My sleeper pick is Montreal. A Michel Therien coached team with Carey Price in net and a top PP is going to scare a lot of teams. I think they get in and scare some top seeds.

Just like the NHL season, I'm all over the place with my comments tonight ;)

The Isles have quietly assembled a pretty good team, they have Tavares who only plays offensive hockey but does it very well, Grabner, Boyes and Nielsen is about as good a 2nd line as there is in hockey right now, they are all solid on defense, have good speed and I am expecting all 3 of those guy to put up between 30 and 45 points this season with solid +/- ratings. Getting Nabokov to come and play really solidified their major weakness.

I think a large number of coaches and a few GMs are really getting on the hot seat right now - Pittsburgh, Rangers, Flyers, Panthers and Hurricanes all should be better than they are, in the west I think Vancouver will need to improve or Vignault is going to be feeling some heat as well. The Caps needs to pull the plug, switch the entire front office and move on.

Sacco is not a good fit for Colorado, it is a young team and they need a coach who can really bring up the youngsters.

I don't like Montreal, they are doing their best Florida or Toronto imitation, surprising early on but down the stretch they will fade.

SoCalBronco
01-30-2013, 08:10 AM
Shero is not on the hot seat....Bylsma is.

Ray Finkle
01-30-2013, 08:32 AM
Shero is not on the hot seat....Bylsma is.

after a few games? Come on....you are overreacting big time.

24champ
01-30-2013, 10:20 AM

They'll come back to earth at some point. Things will begin to shake out by the 25th game, the midway point of the season.

All the talk about dumping coaches, players, gm's is a little too early right now.

broncocalijohn
01-30-2013, 12:21 PM

I was expecting much more from the Sharks. No way they should have won that game. Ducks dominating them throughout the game. I believe at one point it was 19 to 5 Ducks on SOG. St Louis is going to be tough this season in the West. Teams can't fall back to far and still think they have a chance with this schedule.

RedskinBronco
01-30-2013, 03:38 PM
after a few games? Come on....you are overreacting big time.

I actually think he is right about Bylsma. Lots of rumblings since last spring. Sometimes you just need a change. Hockey coaches get stale quickly for whatever reason.

Look at therien, SCF one year and canned the next...

RedskinBronco
01-30-2013, 03:43 PM
The Isles have quietly assembled a pretty good team, they have Tavares who only plays offensive hockey but does it very well, Grabner, Boyes and Nielsen is about as good a 2nd line as there is in hockey right now, they are all solid on defense, have good speed and I am expecting all 3 of those guy to put up between 30 and 45 points this season with solid +/- ratings. Getting Nabokov to come and play really solidified their major weakness.

I think a large number of coaches and a few GMs are really getting on the hot seat right now - Pittsburgh, Rangers, Flyers, Panthers and Hurricanes all should be better than they are, in the west I think Vancouver will need to improve or Vignault is going to be feeling some heat as well. The Caps needs to pull the plug, switch the entire front office and move on.

Sacco is not a good fit for Colorado, it is a young team and they need a coach who can really bring up the youngsters.

I don't like Montreal, they are doing their best Florida or Toronto imitation, surprising early on but down the stretch they will fade.

I agree about the caps, it's about damn time they overhaul that front office that hasn't won anything. Oh wow, a presidents trophy, wow lol.

The reason I think Montreal is scary is because they are very good in key areas: Goaltending, Defense and PP. The thing with the panthers is they won all those ****ing shootouts or got all those loser points. They were the biggest joke of a division winner last year. Toronto is always **** in net, average on defense and never has a top PP really.

but MTL could fold, I just like their makeup and their strengths in key areas. Of course they are going to need Pacioretty back after 3 weeks. They won't last the whole year without his scoring or acquiring another 30 goal type guy.

SoCalBronco
01-30-2013, 03:57 PM
I actually think he is right about Bylsma. Lots of rumblings since last spring. Sometimes you just need a change. Hockey coaches get stale quickly for whatever reason.

Yep...he was fired mid season because he got tuned out and we were right on the edge of missing the postseason.

Ray Finkle
01-30-2013, 05:25 PM

Therein has always been a suck ass coach.....

RedskinBronco
01-30-2013, 06:03 PM

I don't know, I see him as really good for the fundamentals. To me, he is like a Glen Hanlon but with more success. I feel like the caps learned a lot from Hanlon and then Boudreau came in and let them fly basically.

Same thing with Therien/Bylsma IMO.

edit: speaking of coaches, my top 5 (in no particular order)

Laviolette, Tortorella, Tippett, Trotz, Babcock

SoCalBronco
01-30-2013, 06:07 PM

He is a good defensive coach. Loves 1-2-2 trap. But he is also strict and tough in practice...people will tune him out after awhile.

RedskinBronco
01-30-2013, 06:49 PM
Edmonton is going to be a SCARY team if they play this right. They got a lot of the pieces in place.

They can thank their pittsburgh like fortunes in "winning" the draft lottery 3 straight years.

gyldenlove
01-30-2013, 06:55 PM
I don't know, I see him as really good for the fundamentals. To me, he is like a Glen Hanlon but with more success. I feel like the caps learned a lot from Hanlon and then Boudreau came in and let them fly basically.

Same thing with Therien/Bylsma IMO.

edit: speaking of coaches, my top 5 (in no particular order)

Laviolette, Tortorella, Tippett, Trotz, Babcock

It is difficult to evaluate coaches long term, the metagame changes over time which means certain styles will be more or less effective. I think the current metagame is really heavily focused on skill and puck possession which allows hyper defensive strategies relying heavily on speed and transition for offense can stand out. In a different metagame with more physical play a hyper defensive style wouldn't be nearly as effective and in a metagame focused heavily on dump and chase or trap a more flowing offensive style can really shine.

After they banned the trap by taking away all the hooking and holding in the neutral zone, we saw a team like Anaheim come up and succeed with an extremely physical and aggressive style with big players. That became the metagame, teams tried to adapt to that style and that allowed the puckmoving teams like Detroit and Pittsburgh to stand out since smaller puckmovers got cheaper to sign. Puckpossession has now become the name of the game and size and physicality has taken a backseat, this allows teams like St Louis to play a defensive style to gum up the middle, keep shots to the outside and rely on quick transitions to generate open scoring chances. I expect to see more teams move to that style and implement dump and chase as the main offensive strategy again within the next 3-5 years.

RedskinBronco
01-30-2013, 07:00 PM
It is difficult to evaluate coaches long term, the metagame changes over time which means certain styles will be more or less effective. I think the current metagame is really heavily focused on skill and puck possession which allows hyper defensive strategies relying heavily on speed and transition for offense can stand out. In a different metagame with more physical play a hyper defensive style wouldn't be nearly as effective and in a metagame focused heavily on dump and chase or trap a more flowing offensive style can really shine.

After they banned the trap by taking away all the hooking and holding in the neutral zone, we saw a team like Anaheim come up and succeed with an extremely physical and aggressive style with big players. That became the metagame, teams tried to adapt to that style and that allowed the puckmoving teams like Detroit and Pittsburgh to stand out since smaller puckmovers got cheaper to sign. Puckpossession has now become the name of the game and size and physicality has taken a backseat, this allows teams like St Louis to play a defensive style to gum up the middle, keep shots to the outside and rely on quick transitions to generate open scoring chances. I expect to see more teams move to that style and implement dump and chase as the main offensive strategy again within the next 3-5 years.

You make good points, I just think certain guys are good at teaching the fundamentals. They may get tuned out but they are good stepping stones so to speak.

I look at Therien as someone in this group. I feel like a young Ron Wilson was part of this group before he got an inflated ego and now no one really sees him as a candidate. Paul Maurice is also one I think of in this sense although his time with the leafs was a disaster.

maher_tyler
01-30-2013, 08:18 PM
They'll come back to earth at some point. Things will begin to shake out by the 25th game, the midway point of the season.

All the talk about dumping coaches, players, gm's is a little too early right now.

3rd game in a row the Avs have struggled to score goals! It's the same BS every year! Sacco has no business coaching an NHL team, none! Power play sucks, penalty kill sucks. Take all sorts of penalties. Rely on garbage goals. It's pathetic. I would compare this Avs team to the Broncos lead Orton team.

maher_tyler
01-30-2013, 08:38 PM
Can't even score on a 5 on 3!

24champ
01-30-2013, 09:14 PM
Ooof

Adrian Dater @adater
We'd all be Mormons by now if we had a drinking game for every time the Avs score.

maher_tyler
01-30-2013, 09:37 PM
Ooof

Adrian Dater @adater
We'd all be Mormons by now if we had a drinking game for every time the Avs score.

At least someone is taking notice. 1 goal in 3 games and that goal was a disgusting goal!

gyldenlove
01-31-2013, 06:42 AM
You make good points, I just think certain guys are good at teaching the fundamentals. They may get tuned out but they are good stepping stones so to speak.

I look at Therien as someone in this group. I feel like a young Ron Wilson was part of this group before he got an inflated ego and now no one really sees him as a candidate. Paul Maurice is also one I think of in this sense although his time with the leafs was a disaster.

I agree, some coaches are very good with fundamentals, I think Ken Hitchcock is one of those guys. He goes to a new team, gets really hard on fundamentals and a simplified system which works for a while, but he lacks the ability to keep his system progressing so after a few years the message goes stale, the players tune him out and he has no answer. Therrien is definitely in that group as well.

Paul Maurice is a guy I feel is really overrated. He got super lucky that one year in Carolina going to the finals, but he is not a very good coach. He has been an NHL head coach for part of 14 seasons, been to the playoffs 5 times and had losing records 9 times. Maurice is too much of a players coach, he is soft on his players and doesn't have a system that is strong enough to overcome soft play.

DivineLegion
01-31-2013, 07:15 AM
I agree, some coaches are very good with fundamentals, I think Ken Hitchcock is one of those guys. He goes to a new team, gets really hard on fundamentals and a simplified system which works for a while, but he lacks the ability to keep his system progressing so after a few years the message goes stale, the players tune him out and he has no answer. Therrien is definitely in that group as well.

Paul Maurice is a guy I feel is really overrated. He got super lucky that one year in Carolina going to the finals, but he is not a very good coach. He has been an NHL head coach for part of 14 seasons, been to the playoffs 5 times and had losing records 9 times. Maurice is too much of a players coach, he is soft on his players and doesn't have a system that is strong enough to overcome soft play.

Maurice is a very unimaganitive coach, however I couldn't help but laugh when you called out Mo, and two posts prior you were talking about the dump and chase being in vogue. The dump and chase was the catalyst for Mos unimaganitive style, it was basic, and it got him fired.

BTW Mo went to the Eastern conference finals with the canes in 08-09, so I don't know if it was all luck. Basic works sometimes, well...until your team fails to execute, and you have a player like Chad LaRose on your second line.

gyldenlove
01-31-2013, 07:33 AM
Maurice is a very unimaganitive coach, however I couldn't help but laugh when you called out Mo, and two posts prior you were talking about the dump and chase being in vogue. The dump and chase was the catalyst for Mos unimaganitive style, it was basic, and it got him fired.

BTW Mo went to the Eastern conference finals with the canes in 08-09, so I don't know if it was all luck. Basic works sometimes, well...until your team fails to execute, and you have a player like Chad LaRose on your second line.

I believe the dump and chase can work if you have sufficiently good defensive basics. The Canes basically rode Arturs Irbe until the wheels came off - he had insane numbers that year, not the first time a super hot goalie takes a bad team to the big show - just look at Martin Brodeur.

Maurice is far from the only coach and very far from the best coach who uses dump and chase. Basics do work, especially when the league as a whole is moving towards complex systems relying on smaller players and puck possession.

Rascal
01-31-2013, 07:42 AM
It's only 6 games and I think I've already watched enough Av's to have my fill. They are awful. Something needs to be done.

bronco militia
01-31-2013, 07:54 AM
It's only 6 games and I think I've already watched enough Av's to have my fill. They are awful. Something needs to be done.

yeah..I'm seeing the same thing as last year. A team that barely has any business on NHL ice.

DivineLegion
01-31-2013, 02:59 PM
I believe the dump and chase can work if you have sufficiently good defensive basics. The Canes basically rode Arturs Irbe until the wheels came off - he had insane numbers that year, not the first time a super hot goalie takes a bad team to the big show - just look at Martin Brodeur.

Maurice is far from the only coach and very far from the best coach who uses dump and chase. Basics do work, especially when the league as a whole is moving towards complex systems relying on smaller players and puck possession.

Oh don't get me wrong, basics do work, but you have to have disciplined players to make it work. Paul's problem is he can't teach discipline. Some coaches can get players to adhere to a philosophy, and play within the system ie. Claude Jullian; Mo took an already disciplined team to the playoffs, and they stopped listening two years in. Granted he was handicapped by a self imposed cap set forth by Jim Rutheford, Laveolette didn't seem to have the same trouble.

maher_tyler
01-31-2013, 06:18 PM
Already looking to be another long night for the Avs...

maher_tyler
01-31-2013, 08:41 PM
All of a sudden 6 goals. I'll take it. Stastny finally chipping in with 2 goals. I'm really starting to like this John Mitchell...solid FA pick up.

Lestat
01-31-2013, 11:30 PM
Mitchell has been doing work. and to think, he was brought in to replace McClement as a PK C.

Ray Finkle
02-01-2013, 05:46 AM
All of a sudden 6 goals. I'll take it. Stastny finally chipping in with 2 goals. I'm really starting to like this John Mitchell...solid FA pick up.

Johnnie Malkin?

just wait until he tries to go throw a few players to score. He'll eventually drive you to curse his name.....

bronco militia
02-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Hopefully Kiprisov was the slump buster the avs needed. Ooooof he was terrible.

RedskinBronco
02-02-2013, 09:47 AM
Hopefully Kiprisov was the slump buster the avs needed. Ooooof he was terrible.

Avs are one of those teams that seems different at home than on the road. They need to find consistency in the H/A split.

Calgary is awful, but yeah hopefully this jump starts the Avs.

RedskinBronco
02-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno
Optional skate for #Caps today. Only players not on ice are Ovechkin, Ribeiro and Green.

This is the type of crap that causes locker room issues. Those 3 better have a big impact against the pens tomorrow or there will be some serious resentment in the locker room.

I have no idea what happened to Ovechkin. My personal opinion is he needs a change of scenery and seems like he would welcome getting traded. The guy used to be on the ice ALL THE TIME. He used to love being on the ice. First one on, etc.

I mean he drove to Philly on his own one time to watch a preaseason game against the flyers. The guy just lost the passion, I think he wants a fresh start and with this organization's issues I don't really blame him. He was loyal in 2008 when everyone told him get out of DC, can't say I blame him this time around given how this organization has always handled stars (Murphy, Stevens, etc.)

DivineLegion
02-02-2013, 01:18 PM
Dan Ellis is going to take Cam Wards job. I have a ton of respect for Cam, but its pretty obvious who the better Goaltender is right now. Cam has to the end of our 6 game road trip to prove himself, or the Canes might be looking the other way.

RedskinBronco
02-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Yakupov is going to get his ass kicked soon.

He goes after Duchene for shooting at an empty net at the end of the game when this guy has been celebrating like he won the Stanley Cup on 2 goals already? Seriously? LOL

bronco militia
02-02-2013, 03:27 PM

He goes after Duchene for shooting at an empty net at the end of the game when this guy has been celebrating like he won the Stanley Cup on 2 goals already? Seriously? LOL

no doubt...what a clown

24champ
02-02-2013, 04:42 PM

Yakupov is going to have a short career if he keeps this up.

gyldenlove
02-02-2013, 05:00 PM
Talk about expansion again, this time a 2nd Toronto (Markham) team and Quebec city.

If expanding to 32 teams both in the Eastern time zone it would require throw a wrench into the ideas of changing the conferences, even with Atlanta moving to Winnipeg Detroit would not be able to move to the east unless they unbalance the conferences.

Aftermath
02-02-2013, 06:06 PM
Dan Ellis is going to take Cam Wards job. I have a ton of respect for Cam, but its pretty obvious who the better Goaltender is right now. Cam has to the end of our 6 game road trip to prove himself, or the Canes might be looking the other way.

Looks like you spoke to soon. Ellis chased.

Aftermath
02-02-2013, 06:07 PM
Talk about expansion again, this time a 2nd Toronto (Markham) team and Quebec city.

If expanding to 32 teams both in the Eastern time zone it would require throw a wrench into the ideas of changing the conferences, even with Atlanta moving to Winnipeg Detroit would not be able to move to the east unless they unbalance the conferences.

No way there is expanding. They need to move Phoenix to Quebec. Then move Nashville to Seattle. JMO

SoCalBronco
02-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Good to see the dominant Sid today.

maher_tyler
02-02-2013, 06:27 PM
No way there is expanding. They need to move Phoenix to Quebec. Then move Nashville to Seattle. JMO

I went to 2 Coyotes playoff games last year. The place was rockin! They have been to the playoffs the past 3 years. Before that they were pretty terrible and prior to last year i don't think they had even won a playoff series. Hard to get a fan base when the team has been terrible up until the past 3 years. I think it'd be a little premature to move them now. Phoenix has a lot of potential imo.

gyldenlove
02-02-2013, 06:57 PM

No team is going to Seattle, there is no arena in the area they can play in and Seattle is notoriously cheap when it comes to building new facilities.

Phoenix should move, but the way they have completely ****ed up that situation down there I am expecting them to do anything.

I am not sure Nashville needs to move, they sell out their rink and it is a nice place they have. I would move Columbus before I move Nashville.

Lestat
02-02-2013, 06:59 PM
expansion would be a bad idea in the sense that if you have so many teams in trouble now how can you make two other markets viable.
but it is a good idea for growing the pie for the entire league.
plus the two markets proposed would be huge in tv and fan base potential.

Lestat
02-02-2013, 07:02 PM
No team is going to Seattle, there is no arena in the area they can play in and Seattle is notoriously cheap when it comes to building new facilities.

Phoenix should move, but the way they have completely ****ed up that situation down there I am expecting them to do anything.

I am not sure Nashville needs to move, they sell out their rink and it is a nice place they have. I would move Columbus before I move Nashville.

the new arena they're building in Seattle is built to house both a NBA team and a NHL team. as soon as the sonics move back the construction on the arena starts.

DivineLegion
02-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Looks like you spoke to soon. Ellis chased.

Seriously. That was a brutal first thanks to a very undisciplined transition game. I'll give Ellis the Brier goal and the first PP goal, but that last one was unforgivable. We had 117 shots tonight when you count blocked and missed shots, 117! The lack of physicality from this team is really showing. If we had Rutuu right now we wouldn't be 3-4. This road swing is definitely our season though. 4 of 6 top 6 squads on the road. If we want to stay in the mix for a 4-8 seed we have to make some noise in this stretch.

SoCalBronco
02-02-2013, 08:01 PM
Seriously. That was a brutal first thanks to a very undisciplined transition game. I'll give Ellis the Brier goal and the first PP goal, but that last one was unforgivable. We had 117 shots tonight when you count blocked and missed shots, 117! The lack of physicality from this team is really showing. If we had Rutuu right now we wouldn't be 3-4. This road swing is definitely our season though. 4 of 6 top 6 squads on the road. If we want to stay in the mix for a 4-8 seed we have to make make some noise in this stretch.

How's Jordan doing? I haven't seen any Carolina games yet.

chadta
02-03-2013, 05:36 AM
Hard to get a fan base when the team has been terrible up until the past 3 years. I think it'd be a little premature to move them now. Phoenix has a lot of potential imo.

I see your lack of success and raise you the Carolina hurricanes, Tampa bay lightning, Anaheim mighty ducks, who all won the cup, and within a few years had half empty buildings once again.

There is a difference between a hockey city like Edmonton who has been worst team in the league for what 4 or 5 years ? yet still sells out every single seat, and not a hockey city like pissburg where when the teams not winning the stands sit empty, 2 bankruptcies prove that.

Last year there was talk of Edmonton moving to Seattle, if bettman doesnt bed over backwards to help them get a rink in Edmonton after the way he has gone out of the way for useless franchises like pissburg and Phoenix I will be done with the NHL.

RedskinBronco
02-03-2013, 07:24 AM
FWIW, I believe Tampa has sold out every home game so far this season. I know their tickets aren't very expensive but it seems like that market is pretty excited about this bolts team.

Carolina has always been generally solid and pretty good market for hockey.

Also, I thought I saw that Edmonton got the new stadium approved set to open in 2016. It looks like it's going to be one awesome venue in downtown Edmonton.

DivineLegion
02-03-2013, 07:53 AM
How's Jordan doing? I haven't seen any Carolina games yet.

When it comes to fundamentals he's as sound as any, but he's struggling mightily to gel with his line mates. He's on a line with Jeff Skinner, and Zach Dalpe; both young energetic guys. Jordan has feed some really nice centering passes that Skinner couldn't connect on (he dosent have a great one timer). They had a good stretch against Buffalo(2) and Boston, but they've cooled down quite a bit.

The line to look out for is Eric Staal, Alexander Semin, and Jiri Tlusty. Everyone was worried that Sasha was a "shoot first guy", but he's been dishing sweet feeds to Staal all over the ice. When that line is out there with McBain, and Pitkanen they are absolutely leathal.

Congrats to Sutsy on his first goal as a Penguin. I think you guys got the better end of that deal.

gyldenlove
02-03-2013, 08:19 AM
FWIW, I believe Tampa has sold out every home game so far this season. I know their tickets aren't very expensive but it seems like that market is pretty excited about this bolts team.

Carolina has always been generally solid and pretty good market for hockey.

Also, I thought I saw that Edmonton got the new stadium approved set to open in 2016. It looks like it's going to be one awesome venue in downtown Edmonton.

I don't know if Tampa does this, but I know Carolina has a long history of donating tickets to school programs in order to reach nominal sell outs even though the arena is often not full.

chadta
02-03-2013, 10:05 AM
I don't know if Tampa does this, but I know Carolina has a long history of donating tickets to school programs in order to reach nominal sell outs even though the arena is often not full.

i laugh my ass off every time i watch a game from one of the crappy southern markets, just seeing some of the deals, last tampa game it was 49 bucks for 4 tickets and a program.

$49 will get you parking for a game in toronto

Last week against the panthers, saturday night, flyers game, the lower bowl was 3/4 empty, yet ESPN attendance shows it as a sell out.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

SoCalBronco
02-03-2013, 10:28 AM
Despres has special moments but he is a turnover machine. Not sure he is ready to play with Letang full time.

SoCalBronco
02-03-2013, 10:31 AM
When it comes to fundamentals he's as sound as any, but he's struggling mightily to gel with his line mates. He's on a line with Jeff Skinner, and Zach Dalpe; both young energetic guys. Jordan has feed some really nice centering passes that Skinner couldn't connect on (he dosent have a great one timer). They had a good stretch against Buffalo(2) and Boston, but they've cooled down quite a bit.

The line to look out for is Eric Staal, Alexander Semin, and Jiri Tlusty. Everyone was worried that Sasha was a "shoot first guy", but he's been dishing sweet feeds to Staal all over the ice. When that line is out there with McBain, and Pitkanen they are absolutely leathal.

Congrats to Sutsy on his first goal as a Penguin. I think you guys got the better end of that deal.

Sutter was amazing defensively the first few games but has come down to earth since then.

SoCalBronco
02-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Vokoun lulz...idiot

SoCalBronco
02-03-2013, 12:15 PM
Good to get the win but they really went into a shell in that third period. Kunitz finally had a good effort for once which was nice. Neal has gone a little cold. Sid is really starting to shake off the rust now...2 straight games with 3 points and he could have had more. Despres is hurting the team right now I'd scratch him for awhile.

RedskinBronco I thought Ovie played very well...he was active and could have easily had multiple points. He really came alive in this game IMO.

maher_tyler
02-03-2013, 12:15 PM
I see your lack of success and raise you the Carolina hurricanes, Tampa bay lightning, Anaheim mighty ducks, who all won the cup, and within a few years had half empty buildings once again.

There is a difference between a hockey city like Edmonton who has been worst team in the league for what 4 or 5 years ? yet still sells out every single seat, and not a hockey city like pissburg where when the teams not winning the stands sit empty, 2 bankruptcies prove that.

Last year there was talk of Edmonton moving to Seattle, if bettman doesnt bed over backwards to help them get a rink in Edmonton after the way he has gone out of the way for useless franchises like pissburg and Phoenix I will be done with the NHL.

Valid point. Edmonton is a lot different than Phoenix though. We all know Canadians live, eat and sleep hockey. It's like most teams in America though..if the team isn't doing well the seats are generally pretty empty. When the team was so bad for so many years its hard for a team to get any fan support. I know it be hard for me to want to spend any money on tickets etc if the team was constantly one of the worse teams in the league. At least Edmonton has won some cups and been around for a long time to gain support. Phoenix had done zero up until the past few years. Last year you could see how the fans are once they put a quality product on the ice. The games I've watched this year they seem to have most seats filled as well.

maher_tyler
02-03-2013, 12:20 PM
i laugh my ass off every time i watch a game from one of the crappy southern markets, just seeing some of the deals, last tampa game it was 49 bucks for 4 tickets and a program.

$49 will get you parking for a game in toronto

Last week against the panthers, saturday night, flyers game, the lower bowl was 3/4 empty, yet ESPN attendance shows it as a sell out.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

My understanding is that a sell out just means all the tickets were sold. Doesn't nessisarily mean everyone of those people who bought tickets actually showed up for the game.

Beantown Bronco
02-03-2013, 01:11 PM
My understanding is that a sell out just means all the tickets were sold. Doesn't nessisarily mean everyone of those people who bought tickets actually showed up for the game.

Yup. I guess it's easy to eat a ticket when they only cost 5-10 bucks.

In other news, it's always nice to see the Bruins ownage of Toronto continue. Now a few days off. They need it after this stretch of 4 games in 6 days in 3 cities. Thanks lockout.

RedskinBronco
02-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Good to get the win but they really went into a shell in that third period. Kunitz finally had a good effort for once which was nice. Neal has gone a little cold. Sid is really starting to shake off the rust now...2 straight games with 3 points and he could have had more. Despres is hurting the team right now I'd scratch him for awhile.

RedskinBronco I thought Ovie played very well...he was active and could have easily had multiple points. He really came alive in this game IMO.

I agree, his best game this year. You know the funny thing is people in DC are trashing him and getting on him and want him out. Sound familiar? Just like Murphy, Gonchar, etc. Guys who go elsewhere and help other teams win the Cup.

Ovechkin is surrounded with crap. His body language suggests he doesn't want to be here. He has gotten up for the past 2 games because I think he is embarrassed at his personal play a little bit, but of course you are going to be frustrated when you play with the likes of Beagle and Crabb LOL.

He's going to blow up in another jersey. This organization is a **** show under Leonsis, Dick Patrick and Mcphee. Just a ****ed up organization that pissed away opportunities at the Cup, now they need to blow it up for sure.

I will say, you guys have good talent as always and offense is not the problem but I saw a lot of the same issues on your back end that I saw last spring. I think you have already conceded this season until you get D help but of course Shero is known for always pulling off great trades so I'm sure he will go out and get a D.

So far, I would say TB and Chicago are the most impressive teams but in this 48 game season; anything can happen so might as well go for it.

Caps and Flames are the absolute trash of the league. Just very poorly constructed teams with veterans who half ass, a mix of grinders and skill guys that have no clue how to play together.

RedskinBronco
02-03-2013, 03:02 PM
On another note, Gillis (canucks GM) and his assistant were here in DC for the game but not sure if it's for Luongo.

I hear rumors Canucks want Laich; could be a blockbuster type deal in terms of players involved.

Although, you would think Neuvirth would have come in after that 4th goal on Holtby. Could be that he was being held out...

It makes no sense for Gillis to fly from Vancouver to DC if it's not to finalize a trade.

SoCalBronco
02-03-2013, 03:52 PM
I agree, his best game this year. You know the funny thing is people in DC are trashing him and getting on him and want him out. Sound familiar? Just like Murphy, Gonchar, etc. Guys who go elsewhere and help other teams win the Cup.

Ovechkin is surrounded with crap. His body language suggests he doesn't want to be here. He has gotten up for the past 2 games because I think he is embarrassed at his personal play a little bit, but of course you are going to be frustrated when you play with the likes of Beagle and Crabb LOL.

He's going to blow up in another jersey. This organization is a **** show under Leonsis, Dick Patrick and Mcphee. Just a ****ed up organization that pissed away opportunities at the Cup, now they need to blow it up for sure.

I will say, you guys have good talent as always and offense is not the problem but I saw a lot of the same issues on your back end that I saw last spring. I think you have already conceded this season until you get D help but of course Shero is known for always pulling off great trades so I'm sure he will go out and get a D.

So far, I would say TB and Chicago are the most impressive teams but in this 48 game season; anything can happen so might as well go for it.

Caps and Flames are the absolute trash of the league. Just very poorly constructed teams with veterans who half ass, a mix of grinders and skill guys that have no clue how to play together.

Yep when I looked at your lines in advance of the game I was surprised by the amount of scrubs there.It can't just be the loss of Semin...they need more talent....although Ovie was good with Ribiero today.

RedskinBronco
02-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Yep when I looked at your lines in advance of the game I was surprised by the amount of scrubs there.It can't just be the loss of Semin...they need more talent....although Ovie was good with Ribiero today.

I always believed Ovie should be with Ribiero purely on Ribiero's ability to dangle; that buys time for Ovie to get open and it's tougher to defend those 2 on one line with how slippery Ribiero can be.

Oates finally came to his senses and put them together. Prior to that he had Beagle and Crabb with Ovechkin which is just pure garbage.

There is a definite lack of talent. They needed to cut ties with Semin but instead of going out and trying to get a top 6 scoring winger like Bobby Ryan, they ****ing go out and get that scrub Wolski.

Ray Finkle
02-03-2013, 05:20 PM
I always believed Ovie should be with Ribiero purely on Ribiero's ability to dangle; that buys time for Ovie to get open and it's tougher to defend those 2 on one line with how slippery Ribiero can be.

Oates finally came to his senses and put them together. Prior to that he had Beagle and Crabb with Ovechkin which is just pure garbage.

There is a definite lack of talent. They needed to cut ties with Semin but instead of going out and trying to get a top 6 scoring winger like Bobby Ryan, they ****ing go out and get that scrub Wolski.

Who do they have to trade for Ryan? Carlson and their next 10 1st rounders?

RedskinBronco
02-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Who do they have to trade for Ryan? Carlson and their next 10 1st rounders?

I was just using that as an example; I know there were rumblings last year given that Dale Hunter loves Bobby Ryan.

I know the caps are full of excuses. It's either Mcphee is risk averse or Ted/Dick Patrick veto trades. I hear a lot about the latter being true.

There was speculation that the ducks wanted one of carlson/alzner and one of the goalies for Pronger. If they do that, they probably have a Cup. Let's not forget the half ass offer to Chara when he was a UFA.

It's an organization that is led by a cheap ass. I bet he wants to get rid of Ovechkin's contract more than anything else right now.

I have this feeling that the Vancouver rumored trade could be more shocking than people think.

gyldenlove
02-04-2013, 07:35 AM

I think the NHL a sellout just means that 98% of all tickets in the non premium areas were "assigned", I don't even think they actually have to sell them - they can give them away. It is not like the NHL that has blackouts.

Ray Finkle
02-04-2013, 08:32 AM
I was just using that as an example; I know there were rumblings last year given that Dale Hunter loves Bobby Ryan.

I know the caps are full of excuses. It's either Mcphee is risk averse or Ted/Dick Patrick veto trades. I hear a lot about the latter being true.

There was speculation that the ducks wanted one of carlson/alzner and one of the goalies for Pronger. If they do that, they probably have a Cup. Let's not forget the half ass offer to Chara when he was a UFA.

It's an organization that is led by a cheap ass. I bet he wants to get rid of Ovechkin's contract more than anything else right now.

I have this feeling that the Vancouver rumored trade could be more shocking than people think.

The main issue with the Caps is they over value their prospects. They have been many that would have returned a good haul if traded a year earlier (pick a goalie, Semin, Green, etc). If Bobby Ryan would have required more than the Rangers gave Columbus, the Caps didn't have the ammo.

socalorado
02-04-2013, 08:39 AM
Ryan is now sitting pretty as the new Center for the Ducks 2nd line.
Dont see him goin anywhere.
Ducks are a top 5 team right now, and its mainly due to their 2nd and 3rd
lines, which are scorching hot right now.
Unreal.

gyldenlove
02-04-2013, 08:47 AM
Ryan is now sitting pretty as the new Center for the Ducks 2nd line.
Dont see him goin anywhere.
Ducks are a top 5 team right now, and its mainly due to their 2nd and 3rd
lines, which are scorching hot right now.
Unreal.

I agree, it doesn't make sense to move Ryan now, especially with both Getzlaf and Perry looming as UFAs - if they lose either or both of those guys (along with a potential Selanne retirement) they will need Ryan more than ever. The Ducks are in a really good position with cap room so there is no reason to unload.

Hercules Rockefeller
02-04-2013, 09:55 AM
The main issue with the Caps is they over value their prospects. They have been many that would have returned a good haul if traded a year earlier (pick a goalie, Semin, Green, etc). If Bobby Ryan would have required more than the Rangers gave Columbus, the Caps didn't have the ammo.

They have no prospects to overvalue, which is another area where GMGM is doing a bang up job. Since the lockout, Neuwirth (who was pretty much a 1st rounder), Holtby, Eakin, and Perrault are the only non-1st round picks who have seen any serious NHL time. They're pretty much down to Kuznetsov (if he ever comes over) and Forsberg. 2 very high level prospects and complete crap after them. He's got to horde his nuts because it's not like they have anything in the pipeline to replace.

McPhee is like Kiki when he was the GM of the Nuggets, was able to clear the deck and set them up for a clean rebuild and get them to the playoffs, but he's unable to take them to the next level in the playoffs. He's too risk averse

Ray Finkle
02-04-2013, 10:18 AM
They have no prospects to overvalue, which is another area where GMGM is doing a bang up job. Since the lockout, Neuwirth (who was pretty much a 1st rounder), Holtby, Eakin, and Perrault are the only non-1st round picks who have seen any serious NHL time. They're pretty much down to Kuznetsov (if he ever comes over) and Forsberg. 2 very high level prospects and complete crap after them. He's got to horde his nuts because it's not like they have anything in the pipeline to replace.

McPhee is like Kiki when he was the GM of the Nuggets, was able to clear the deck and set them up for a clean rebuild and get them to the playoffs, but he's unable to take them to the next level in the playoffs. He's too risk averse

Good point......

RedskinBronco
02-04-2013, 02:24 PM

I agree completely. They overvalued Carlson, laich and johansson just to name a couple. I would have traded Carlson and laich as part of a package for pronger and taken my shot at the cup.

But Ted only cares about sustaining regular season attendance. Funny that it's backfiring on him now.

Lestat
02-04-2013, 03:41 PM
i gotta say, i was pissed that we gave up a unprotected first for Varly. mostly due to my thinking that he could have been had for a couple of seconds instead.
but his play and abilities have me very happy that we cough up the prospect/pick and got the player.

the Caps have to stop overvaluing their prospects and trying to bleed blood from a stone on trades. they will have to either go all in or stay mediocre.

RedskinBronco
02-04-2013, 03:49 PM
i gotta say, i was pissed that we gave up a unprotected first for Varly. mostly due to my thinking that he could have been had for a couple of seconds instead.
but his play and abilities have me very happy that we cough up the prospect/pick and got the player.

the Caps have to stop overvaluing their prospects and trying to bleed blood from a stone on trades. they will have to either go all in or stay mediocre.

All Ted cares about is the "generational" BS which is what it is. He's perfectly happy getting to the playoffs and feeding the kool aid to the sheep and believe me there are a lot of dumb caps fans who follow blindly. Of course, he is being exposed more and more and some are starting to see the light which is refreshing.

For example, Ted would rather sell Carlson, Laich and Neuvirth as "young guns" for the next 10 years to the fan base rather than go all in when the caps have the team and send those guys back in 2010 for Pronger.

Still too many "rock the red" types that believe every word he says.

This is the same guy who said: As long as we are making the playoffs and selling out, why would I get rid of Mcphee?

All the guy cares about is pocketing the revenue. He's a big, fat liar

Lestat
02-04-2013, 04:51 PM
All Ted cares about is the "generational" BS which is what it is. He's perfectly happy getting to the playoffs and feeding the kool aid to the sheep and believe me there are a lot of dumb caps fans who follow blindly. Of course, he is being exposed more and more and some are starting to see the light which is refreshing.

For example, Ted would rather sell Carlson, Laich and Neuvirth as "young guns" for the next 10 years to the fan base rather than go all in when the caps have the team and send those guys back in 2010 for Pronger.

Still too many "rock the red" types that believe every word he says.

This is the same guy who said: As long as we are making the playoffs and selling out, why would I get rid of Mcphee?

All the guy cares about is pocketing the revenue. He's a big, fat liar

oh i know, he was one of the guys who wanted the NBA to harden the rules to fit the mold of the NHL so that the owners could pocket more money.

Hercules Rockefeller
02-04-2013, 05:15 PM
The Caps were a means for Ted to eventually acquire the Wizards.

RedskinBronco
02-04-2013, 05:54 PM
The Caps were a means for Ted to eventually acquire the Wizards.

Yep, it's looking more like it. Wish he would sell already.

Also, seems like he is cheap in general. Otherwise why veto a James Harden deal just because you don't want to give him the 5 yr $80M extension. Harden has made the rockets a legitimate playoff team and they can build upon that now.

Wizards are a joke.

Edit: I would be so embarrassed to have the distinction of last place NBA AND NHL teams. Have some pride.

RedskinBronco
02-04-2013, 05:56 PM
Take this with a grain of salt please lol, I was told to keep my mouth shut; but FWIW, Mcphee is in desperation mode and is looking all over the place for help.

Apparently, he is trying real hard to get a sign and trade deal with Avs for O'Reilly. IMO, I don't think Avs do it unless they fleece the caps.

maher_tyler
02-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Take this with a grain of salt please lol, I was told to keep my mouth shut; but FWIW, Mcphee is in desperation mode and is looking all over the place for help.

Apparently, he is trying real hard to get a sign and trade deal with Avs for O'Reilly. IMO, I don't think Avs do it unless they fleece the caps.

Ovie for O'Rielly straight up!

RedskinBronco
02-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Ovie for O'Rielly straight up!

and then ovie proceeds to become that elite 40+ goal type again once he wears a different jersey. That's how DC does LOL.

Just look at Kovalchuk; "loser russian" joins the devils, bam SCF

maher_tyler
02-04-2013, 08:40 PM
God I hate O'Bryne. What a terrible defenseman! Thought for sure the Avs would cut his sorry ass this past off season. I wouldn't miss O'Bryne, Hunwick, Kobasew, Olver or any other guy that should be in the AHL.

bronco militia
02-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Avs just lost to the worst team in hockey (stars).....

RedskinBronco
02-04-2013, 09:18 PM
I have to admit, Luongo is playing like a top 3 goalie in the league right now and probably top goalie.

Vancouver is in a weird ass situation.

RedskinBronco
02-04-2013, 09:19 PM

It's baffling the way they defended Benn tonight. I mean come on, that's THE guy you have to take away.

Way, way too much sagging from the avs tonight. Not sure if they were tired or just not mentally up for it, but they were a step behind tonight.

The way they let the stars wind it up on the delayed penalty and just let Benn get a clean shot on the go ahead goal like that is just as unacceptable as it gets.

maher_tyler
02-04-2013, 10:53 PM
It's baffling the way they defended Benn tonight. I mean come on, that's THE guy you have to take away.

Way, way too much sagging from the avs tonight. Not sure if they were tired or just not mentally up for it, but they were a step behind tonight.

The way they let the stars wind it up on the delayed penalty and just let Benn get a clean shot on the go ahead goal like that is just as unacceptable as it gets.

It doesn't help when half the roster is filled with guys that should be in the AHL. Maybe I'm a little to harsh on Sacco. At some point they need to bring in better players. I have no clue wtf this franchise sees in Hunwick. If they wanted that type of defensemen then maybe they shouldn't have handed Toranto Liles. This franchise doesn't seem to really want to pay their best players. The longer they don't sign O'Reilly the more I think they'll just trade him for a sack of marbles like what they did with Liles!

socalorado
02-05-2013, 05:50 AM
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/110/files/2013/02/6996916.jpg

RedskinBronco
02-05-2013, 06:13 AM
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/110/files/2013/02/6996916.jpg

I have been hearing a lot about this kid, I caught the 3rd period of the game; he seems to be pretty legit.

Ray Finkle
02-05-2013, 06:20 AM
and then ovie proceeds to become that elite 40+ goal type again once he wears a different jersey. That's how DC does LOL.

Just look at Kovalchuk; "loser russian" joins the devils, bam SCF

Ovie's fat ass at high altitude would be worth the price of admission.....floating Ovie offense again!

Requiem
02-05-2013, 06:21 AM
Looks like Kun-itz was given his fourth goal after the NHL changed it when we routed Washington on Sunday. Nice.

socalorado
02-05-2013, 06:25 AM
I have been hearing a lot about this kid, I caught the 3rd period of the game; he seems to be pretty legit.

Fasth is 3-0 in his 1st 3 starts for the Ducks.
I like that hes pushing Hiller, and turning up the heat a bit.
Back-to-back Swedish League goalie of the year.

And ANA has Deslauriers and Gibson at goalie too!!
Loaded.

Requiem
02-05-2013, 06:25 AM

Nah, Columbus or Calgary (except they have only played like 5 games) are definitely the worst. Seriously, who gave Columbus a hockey team?

Ohio shouldn't have any sports teams. Do they even have a good one? Ohio has been crap since the mid-1800s when expansion Westward and the advent of train and canal technologies passed them by and they have been on a steady decline ever since. It's amazing how irrelevant that state is, but they are still have a bunch of sports teams.

Garbage.

Baba Booey
02-05-2013, 06:27 AM
Devils/Rangers at the Rock tonight. Should be a good one.

broncocalijohn
02-05-2013, 10:18 AM
Avs just lost to the 2nd worst team in hockey (stars).....

Fixed for ya if anything from the last few games tells you that it is now correct.

Ducks get revenge on Sharks and pull within 2 points and game at hand. Looks like a possible division tie after Ducks take on the Avs in Denver. See $5 tickets available on Stubhub. Pathetic!

broncocalijohn
02-05-2013, 10:20 AM

I believe he just took over the starting job over hiller. Giving up 4 goals against the Kings probably helped Bruce figure this one out. He is on fire and his poke save on a breakaway was awesome. European goalie style is back!

bronco militia
02-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Fixed for ya if anything from the last few games tells you that it is now correct.

yeah, could be.

24champ
02-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Nah, Columbus or Calgary (except they have only played like 5 games) are definitely the worst. Seriously, who gave Columbus a hockey team?

Ohio shouldn't have any sports teams. Do they even have a good one? Ohio has been crap since the mid-1800s when expansion Westward and the advent of train and canal technologies passed them by and they have been on a steady decline ever since. It's amazing how irrelevant that state is, but they are still have a bunch of sports teams.

Garbage.

I would disagree.

If Columbus can get going and be successful in the WIN column, it can be a good hockey city. They have a nice arena and its surrounding area called the "Arena District" is pretty nice. It's a good sports town, like new franchise, the Blue Jackets need to start winning for hockey to catch on there.

24champ
02-05-2013, 01:18 PM
I believe he just took over the starting job over hiller. Giving up 4 goals against the Kings probably helped Bruce figure this one out. He is on fire and his poke save on a breakaway was awesome. European goalie style is back!

Impressive win last night vs the Sharks. Souray can still shoot.

gyldenlove
02-05-2013, 01:39 PM
I would disagree.

If Columbus can get going and be successful in the WIN column, it can be a good hockey city. They have a nice arena and its surrounding area called the "Arena District" is pretty nice. It's a good sports town, like new franchise, the Blue Jackets need to start winning for hockey to catch on there.

Columbus is all about OSU, any other team will always be secondary.

24champ
02-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Columbus is all about OSU, any other team will always be secondary.

Columbus can get decent fan support, the infrastructure and everything else is there. Just need to win games over a period of time. There's a lot of NHL teams (Especially in the United States) that are second or third fiddle to another team in a different sport.

broncocalijohn
02-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Columbus can get decent fan support, the infrastructure and everything else is there. Just need to win games over a period of time. There's a lot of NHL teams (Especially in the United States) that are second or third fiddle to another team in a different sport.

I agree. OSU football and basketball doesn't play all the time and there are also people that don't give a **** about OSU but live there. LA has Dodgers/Angels and Lakers (and now the damn Clippers) and hockey has done well especially if there is a winning product. Of course LA/OC is much bigger area but Columbus doesn't have much for pro teams so here is there chance to jump on a local bandwagon.

gyldenlove
02-05-2013, 02:38 PM
I agree. OSU football and basketball doesn't play all the time and there are also people that don't give a **** about OSU but live there. LA has Dodgers/Angels and Lakers (and now the damn Clippers) and hockey has done well especially if there is a winning product. Of course LA/OC is much bigger area but Columbus doesn't have much for pro teams so here is there chance to jump on a local bandwagon.

Ohio is pretty saturated with sports, there are 5 NFL teams within about 150 miles of Columbus (Cincinnati, Cleveland, Detroit, Indianapolis and Pittsburgh), 3 NBA teams (Indiana, Detroit and Cleveland), Detroit and Pittsburgh have two of the most successful NHL teams in recent history, on top of that you have college sports (OSU and half the of MAC conference in state). Columbus is only the 3rd largest metro area in the state and lacks the ability to generate state-wide draw.

The only time the Blue jackets are not competing with OSU is after March madness but by then the playoffs are rolling around and the hockey players hit the golf course. It is a shame because it is not a bad arena they play in.

Tombstone RJ
02-05-2013, 02:44 PM
What's the deal with Sacco and the Avs, what's the overall feeling from some of you who watch the Avs a lot more than me? Is the team just cheap? Is Sacco a good coach or is he more the problem? Who is the GM, who is bringing these guys in and why is the GM not retaining talent?

Everytime I watch the Avs they are losing. I don't know any of the players because there seems to be a lot of roster turnover. The Avs are always trading with other teams but it never seems to make the team better.

I think Sacco should be fired IMHO.

RedskinBronco
02-05-2013, 03:35 PM
What's the deal with Sacco and the Avs, what's the overall feeling from some of you who watch the Avs a lot more than me? Is the team just cheap? Is Sacco a good coach or is he more the problem? Who is the GM, who is bringing these guys in and why is the GM not retaining talent?

Everytime I watch the Avs they are losing. I don't know any of the players because there seems to be a lot of roster turnover. The Avs are always trading with other teams but it never seems to make the team better.

I see a team that works hard for the most part, but they lack talent. Too many grinders and not enough skill.

They had a shot at Kovalchuk but didn't want to pay up. Although, not sure he would be doing as well he is doing in NJ. Devils are a more structured organization and you must conform.

Avalanche are not quite there yet in terms of rebuilt culture/organization structure.

RedskinBronco
02-05-2013, 03:38 PM
still believe Gillis and Mcphee are up to something, they completely collaborated on that "phone call" where Gillis called mcphee to apologize for creating attention by being there.

Both are desperate GMs wanting to save their jobs. The caps are not going anywhere without changes and the Canucks are not the same dominant team of years past. I think a big trade is coming, it may involve luongo or it may not...

Requiem
02-05-2013, 04:07 PM
I would disagree.

Look, I just wanted to hate on Ohio. I also hate on New Jersey.

24champ
02-05-2013, 05:07 PM
Look, I just wanted to hate on Ohio. I also hate on New Jersey.

Hate away.

Lestat
02-05-2013, 05:55 PM

for some reason the Avs organization seems to love him.
the team is just piss poor on offense, the dump and chase hockey is done way too much. they're like a soccer team that can't run set pieces nor organize a consistent offensive cohesion.

he's been coaching this team for far too long for them to consistently look like a confused team. the only time they look creative on offense is when Duchene and Stastny are flying around and charging the net.
everyy other time they dump the puck in and try to swing it around instead of setting up some nice plays to get pressure.

he needs to go and if the Kroenke's don't want to poor more money into the team and be more aggressive in building then they need to go too.

the Avs fell so in love with signing big time FA's that they don't know how to truly build a franchise and they keep missing in the draft due to injuries(Hishon),lack of maturity(Siemens) or just going way too safe and focusing on one hockey league to scout and draft talent from.

Baba Booey
02-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Thanks for playing, Rangers.

Tombstone RJ
02-05-2013, 07:29 PM
for some reason the Avs organization seems to love him.
the team is just piss poor on offense, the dump and chase hockey is done way too much. they're like a soccer team that can't run set pieces nor organize a consistent offensive cohesion.

he's been coaching this team for far too long for them to consistently look like a confused team. the only time they look creative on offense is when Duchene and Stastny are flying around and charging the net.
everyy other time they dump the puck in and try to swing it around instead of setting up some nice plays to get pressure.

he needs to go and if the Kroenke's don't want to poor more money into the team and be more aggressive in building then they need to go too.

the Avs fell so in love with signing big time FA's that they don't know how to truly build a franchise and they keep missing in the draft due to injuries(Hishon),lack of maturity(Siemens) or just going way too safe and focusing on one hockey league to scout and draft talent from.

It looks to me like when Greg Sherman took over as GM things went to crap but I could be wrong. Pierre Lacroix was a great GM and now it looks like they got a young guy who doesn't have a clue. Add Joe Sacco to the mix and it just looks like the Avs are somewhat inept in either keeping young talent or trading for young talent or developing talent. Pierre Lacroix the the president of the team but it looks like he's not helping much.

Like I said, they are always trading someone but it never pans out. They seem to draft ok, but why don't the keep their talent? Why can't they find a goalie who's worth a crap? Why do the keep trading young goalies away like that Anderson kid?

SoCalBronco
02-05-2013, 07:41 PM
Good to get another win tonight...unfortunately had to work late so I didn't see it. I still think we need to make some moves to really take it to another level.

24champ
02-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Kings win 4-2 over the Blue Jackets. Mike Richards with a Gordie Howe hat trick and fought Dubinsky again. (They hated each other from their Phi-NYR days.) Also, Scuderi is a freaking warrior, his eye was damn near closed shut and still played in the game.

Edit: Pic of Scuds.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/90b2649fe1753707bc68a7726bb402b1/tumblr_mhrzyoejtD1qcpsiwo1_500.jpg

RedskinBronco
02-05-2013, 08:20 PM
****ing fire Mcphee already, before he does some stupid **** to save his job

maher_tyler
02-05-2013, 09:04 PM
It looks to me like when Greg Sherman took over as GM things went to crap but I could be wrong. Pierre Lacroix was a great GM and now it looks like they got a young guy who doesn't have a clue. Add Joe Sacco to the mix and it just looks like the Avs are somewhat inept in either keeping young talent or trading for young talent or developing talent. Pierre Lacroix the the president of the team but it looks like he's not helping much.

Like I said, they are always trading someone but it never pans out. They seem to draft ok, but why don't the keep their talent? Why can't they find a goalie who's worth a crap? Why do the keep trading young goalies away like that Anderson kid?

When you only have one decent line and set of defensemen, its hard to play goalie. Hunwick, O'Bryne, O'Brien (Defensemen) belong in the AHL. All make at least one boneheaded mistake every game. Most nights we average 5-6 players that shouldn't be playing in an NHL game. I actually think Varlamov is a pretty good goalie. We seem to be riddled with injuries every year for the last 5-6 years going back to when Sakic put his hand in his snow blower. Depth is basically none existent and the front office seems to be content with missing the playoffs. They don't spend more than they have to. Some nights I think its Sacco, other nights I think its due to lack of talent. Last night we were missing O'Reilly (still not signed), Landeskog, Downie (out for season), Jones, and Wilson. Hard to win when 2 stars and 3 other regulars are out.

Lestat
02-05-2013, 11:46 PM

no this problem started well before Sherman. they didn't know how to build a farm system in the last few years of Lacroix's reign as GM. then followed that up by hiring that moron Giguere and then let Quenville.
Sherman has brought in most of the talent that is currently on the team or in the system. Giguere was horrible as a GM and should never have gotten the job, the only reason he did was because he played for the franchise.

chadta
02-06-2013, 04:24 AM
Kings win 4-2 over the Blue Jackets. Mike Richards with a Gordie Howe hat trick and fought Dubinsky again. (They hated each other from their Phi-NYR days.)

Its about time he won one now 1-4

Baba Booey
02-06-2013, 06:51 AM
Shame Dubinsky was traded out of the Atlantic division.

1. He sucks
2. Ryan Carter can't knock him out anymore

RedskinBronco
02-06-2013, 07:30 AM
Shame Dubinsky was traded out of the Atlantic division.

1. He sucks
2. Ryan Carter can't knock him out anymore

Dubinsky is one of the biggest douches in the league. The guy thinks he's good lol.

Baba Booey
02-06-2013, 07:48 AM
I remember when some Ranger fans used to say he was better than Zajac.

Ray Finkle
02-06-2013, 08:00 AM
Dubs was good at one point but then bought into his own hype. That's when Cally surpassed him on the ice. I liked him but would trade him 100 out of 100 times for Nash.

Baba Booey
02-06-2013, 08:36 AM
Callahan is great because he just plays. That's why he's a captain and that's why he's probably a lock for Team USA next year.

Dubinsky tried to mix it up after the whistle too much. He took too many pages out of Avery's book instead of focusing on the game.

Ray Finkle
02-06-2013, 08:49 AM
Callahan is great because he just plays. That's why he's a captain and that's why he's probably a lock for Team USA next year.

Dubinsky tried to mix it up after the whistle too much. He took too many pages out of Avery's book instead of focusing on the game.

Dubs was similar to Cally in the minors and when they first came up (Dubs was Jagr's center a lot that year) BUT he got into his head he was the second coming of Graves and certain things fell off. Cally's one of the most low key Captains the Rangers have ever had. Making the team and becoming captain never effected him.

socalorado
02-07-2013, 06:21 AM
Viktor Fasth shuts out COL for his 4th straight win, in his 4th start.
Dang, ANA is literally LOADED at Goalie. Havent even seen Deslauriers
and Gibson, who just won the U21 Nationals with Team USA.
Fasth keeps playing like this, and teams are gonna forget about Luongo
and come calling in ANA.

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/110/files/2013/02/7018622.jpg

Baba Booey
02-07-2013, 07:11 AM
Devils will take Gibson please and thank you

socalorado
02-07-2013, 07:41 AM
Devils will take Gibson please and thank you

Ah, No. Gibson aint goin anywhere.
But you can inquire about the other 3 goalies and make ANA an offer. ;D

gyldenlove
02-07-2013, 07:50 AM
Viktor Fasth shuts out COL for his 4th straight win, in his 4th start.
Dang, ANA is literally LOADED at Goalie. Havent even seen Deslauriers
and Gibson, who just won the U21 Nationals with Team USA.
Fasth keeps playing like this, and teams are gonna forget about Luongo
and come calling in ANA.

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/110/files/2013/02/7018622.jpg

Nobody will talk seriously to Anaheim about goalies. Hiller is a vertigo attack away from missing an entire season, nobody looking for a hot goalie is going to take that chance - with a short season you can just sit back and wait for Fasth to become a UFA after the season. Deslauriers is utterly worthless, he can't even get on the ice in the AHL. Gibson is good but he is no Patterson or Binnington.

Smiling Assassin27
02-07-2013, 02:18 PM
Tim Thomas to the islanders.

chadta
02-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Tim Thomas to the islanders.

I dont know why the flyers havent done this with pronger yet, this is strickly a move to get to the cap floor, its actually a pretty smart move becasue they get the 5 mil cap hit for free, and the second is only conditional on him playing. Its win win for everybody.

but the league which looks even more like a joke now

gyldenlove
02-07-2013, 04:25 PM
I dont know why the flyers havent done this with pronger yet, this is strickly a move to get to the cap floor, its actually a pretty smart move becasue they get the 5 mil cap hit for free, and the second is only conditional on him playing. Its win win for everybody.

but the league which looks even more like a joke now

Because with Pronger you are stuck with like 8 years of his contract, no team wants to be handcuffed for that long. With Tim Thomas you have the added bonus that he might come back next year and be a good player.

Ray Finkle
02-07-2013, 06:31 PM
JT Millers had 2 strong games, I wonder if they'll keep him up and burn a year on his contract.

SoCalBronco
02-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Looks like we played well tonight gonna watch the tape when I get home. Good to have Sid and Geno bothclicking.

Hercules Rockefeller
02-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Don't know why any team gives long-term deals to anyone 35+, it can just handcuff you if something goes wrong.

gyldenlove
02-07-2013, 07:13 PM
The backups doing a good job tonight for the Red Wings against the Blues, Mrazek pitching a 1 hitter so far and 3 goals from the 3rd and 4th lines with goals from Cleary, Emmerton and Kindl.

So far this season my observations on the Red Wing blue line is that Quincey is the worst back on the roster, White is not nearly as good as he was when he played with Lidstrom (I feel like that has been the case with everyone Lidstrom has played with), Kronwall is really stepping up and leading the group. Johnny Ericson is playing a basic game but making very few mistakes. Brendan Smith and Jakub Kindl have both looked like they belong in the NHL.

Ray Finkle
02-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Looks like we played well tonight gonna watch the tape when I get home. Good to have Sid and Geno bothclicking.

Look at the goals. Anyone on this board should have stopped 3 of them.

Beantown Bronco
02-08-2013, 05:26 AM
Don't know why any team gives long-term deals to anyone 35+, it can just handcuff you if something goes wrong.

Thomas was a good risk. It was only a 4 year deal, so really this year was the only "problem year" in terms of the cap and it really wasn't a big problem. It wouldn't have been a problem at all if he didn't decide to take the year off.

That and he really didn't have that much mileage on him for a 35 year old.

The guy's a headcase, but the B's simply don't win that Cup without him, so I'm not going to complain or badmouth him for anything now.

Beantown Bronco
02-08-2013, 05:28 AM
Because with Pronger you are stuck with like 8 years of his contract, no team wants to be handcuffed for that long. With Tim Thomas you have the added bonus that he might come back next year and be a good player.

Thomas will be a FA in a few months. If he comes back next year, it won't be for the Isles.

Beantown Bronco
02-08-2013, 05:29 AM
I dont know why the flyers havent done this with pronger yet, this is strickly a move to get to the cap floor, its actually a pretty smart move becasue they get the 5 mil cap hit for free, and the second is only conditional on him playing.

The B's get a 2nd regardless.

socalorado
02-08-2013, 05:50 AM
Nobody will talk seriously to Anaheim about goalies. Hiller is a vertigo attack away from missing an entire season, nobody looking for a hot goalie is going to take that chance - with a short season you can just sit back and wait for Fasth to become a UFA after the season. Deslauriers is utterly worthless, he can't even get on the ice in the AHL. Gibson is good but he is no Patterson or Binnington.

You just mad bro.

gyldenlove
02-08-2013, 07:56 AM
Thomas will be a FA in a few months. If he comes back next year, it won't be for the Isles.

Since he is suspended for not complying with his contract the Islanders have the option of not letting this season count towards him becoming a free agent, meaning he will be back for them next year at the same salary. Considering how they browbeat Nabokov, they wouldn't be shy about forcing Thomas into taking a year in Brooklyn.

gyldenlove
02-08-2013, 08:00 AM
Thomas was a good risk. It was only a 4 year deal, so really this year was the only "problem year" in terms of the cap and it really wasn't a big problem. It wouldn't have been a problem at all if he didn't decide to take the year off.

That and he really didn't have that much mileage on him for a 35 year old.

The guy's a headcase, but the B's simply don't win that Cup without him, so I'm not going to complain or badmouth him for anything now.

I think he was referring to the Pronger deal. The Thomas contract was an excellent piece of work by Chiarelli, the right length and a good cap number. If some team can get the fire going in Thomas again I see no reason why he couldn't play 3 more years at a very high level, as you say he has low mileage, he doesn't rely on reactions and athletic ability as much as some and he hasn't had any serious recurring injuries to groin or back which tend to be where goalies wear down.

Beantown Bronco
02-08-2013, 08:20 AM
Since he is suspended for not complying with his contract the Islanders have the option of not letting this season count towards him becoming a free agent, meaning he will be back for them next year at the same salary. Considering how they browbeat Nabokov, they wouldn't be shy about forcing Thomas into taking a year in Brooklyn.

I'm anticipating them NOT doing this. The only reason they even did this trade was for cap compliance this year once they start their annual firesale in a few weeks. I really don't think they anticipate him playing at all or even care if he does.

gyldenlove
02-08-2013, 08:42 AM
I'm anticipating them NOT doing this. The only reason they even did this trade was for cap compliance this year once they start their annual firesale in a few weeks. I really don't think they anticipate him playing at all or even care if he does.

My guess is they move Streit, Boyes and possibly Reasoner at the deadline. Even with a move to Brooklyn they are not going to be able to attract talent and with Nabokov set to leave after the season Thomas could be their only hope at keeping the team anywhere near salary floor compliance next season.

chadta
02-08-2013, 01:50 PM

"The draft pick the Bruins acquired is conditional on Thomas reporting to the Islanders or to any other team in the event the Islanders should trade his rights elsewhere."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415479

24champ
02-08-2013, 03:24 PM
The LA Kings have acquired defenseman Keaton Ellerby (10th overall pick in 2007) from Florida in exchange for a fifth-round selection in the 2013 NHL Draft

Aftermath
02-08-2013, 04:40 PM

Actually they get nothing but cap room. The 2nd was conditional on him playing a game which he will not. Nice try though.

chadta
02-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Actually they get nothing but cap room. The 2nd was conditional on him playing a game which he will not. Nice try though.

it was a good deal to get cap room, it would be flat out robbery if they got any sort of pick too out of the deal, infact im surprised the isles didnt want a 7th just to take the salary off the books. Nobody ever said snow was smart tho.

gyldenlove
02-08-2013, 06:41 PM
it was a good deal to get cap room, it would be flat out robbery if they got any sort of pick too out of the deal, infact im surprised the isles didnt want a 7th just to take the salary off the books. Nobody ever said snow was smart tho.

Snow is below the cap floor, this way he gets to put about 4.5 million on his cap without paying a dime to anyone - that is pretty savvy.

chadta
02-09-2013, 02:39 AM
Snow is below the cap floor, this way he gets to put about 4.5 million on his cap without paying a dime to anyone - that is pretty savvy.

my point was that i would think boston was having a tougher time unloading the cap hit than snow should have had spending the money, he should have gotten even future considerations out of the deal just to take the cap hit and free up cash for the Bruins.

Beantown Bronco
02-09-2013, 03:50 AM
"The draft pick the Bruins acquired is conditional on Thomas reporting to the Islanders or to any other team in the event the Islanders should trade his rights elsewhere."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415479

Interesting. According to local reports when the trade broke, the pick wasn't the conditional part. It was the year.

2014 2nd if he plays.
2015 if he doesn't.

gyldenlove
02-09-2013, 07:00 AM
my point was that i would think boston was having a tougher time unloading the cap hit than snow should have had spending the money, he should have gotten even future considerations out of the deal just to take the cap hit and free up cash for the Bruins.

That will be true next year. This year 5 teams are under the floor and will need to add some players to be compliant, Snow gets to do that without spending a dollar.

Next year when the cap drops by 6 million I would expect a similar trade would cost the Bruins a mid range prospect and a 5th round pick or something similar. We saw that when the last CBA was signed how bad contracts got moved by giving up marginal value.

SoCalBronco
02-09-2013, 02:09 PM
Geno needs to control his emotions better. Too many penalties for the whole club today. Try to make up for it tomorrow. Good win for you Baba Booey

Baba Booey
02-10-2013, 06:05 AM
That was probably the best game the Devils played this year. Would be huge to win today too. I'd take a point though.

RedskinBronco
02-10-2013, 11:22 AM
That was probably the best game the Devils played this year. Would be huge to win today too. I'd take a point though.

I didn't watch the game but I heard Crosby elbowed someone in the head? Ironic, the guy with concussion issues is going around flinging his elbows, wouldn't expect anything less.

I'm sure all was kept quiet about it right? Don't want Bettman and Co. after you...

gyldenlove
02-10-2013, 12:06 PM
Huge win for Detroit. Ahead 2-1 for nearly 40 minutes, with less 60 seconds to go the Kings tie it and with 5 seconds to go Johnny Ericson hammers a slapshot that barely squeezes through the 5-hole and trickles over the line, didn't even have enough juice to make it all the way to the back of the net.

SoCalBronco
02-10-2013, 01:51 PM
Joe Morrow called up for tonights game. I've been waiting to see him for awhile. Should be even better than Despres.

SoCalBronco
02-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Very disappointed not to get a single point in this home and home. We played quite well in the first but didn't get anything to show for it and NJ took over from there.

8-5 is still ok but need another multiple game win streak. I really want Bennett brought up. Was surprised not to see Morrow after I read he was brought up

maher_tyler
02-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Anyone in the Denver area hear anything on the radio etc about the O'Reilly situation?? Are they close to a deal..wtf is going on??? I looked on the official webpage, nhl.com etc and not seeing anything.

RedskinBronco
02-11-2013, 06:52 PM
Carlyle is building the leafs into one bitch of a team to play against. They still need some more top end talent mainly at center but they are a bitch to play against.

Reimer is serviceable but he got hurt tonight. Don't think they can win with Scrivens for more than a few games.

DivineLegion
02-11-2013, 07:10 PM
Heck of a road trip for the canes 7 of a possible 10 points so far, with only one game to play. 9 out of a possible 12 on a 6 game road trip would be out of this world. Alexander Semin is an outstanding play maker, and is worth every penny of the 7 mil the Canes gave him.

maher_tyler
02-11-2013, 07:47 PM
Wondering when if ever the Avs give O'Bryne a healthy scratch. Turnover that lead to a goal and a cross check as the puck was moving up ice to put Coyotes on a 5 on 3. Every game this stuff happens.

maher_tyler
02-11-2013, 08:48 PM
You know it's a long season when the puck deflects of the refs skate in the Avs zone to Phoenix and scores to end the game in OT.

RedskinBronco
02-12-2013, 06:36 AM
Heck of a road trip for the canes 7 of a possible 10 points so far, with only one game to play. 9 out of a possible 12 on a 6 game road trip would be out of this world. Alexander Semin is an outstanding play maker, and is worth every penny of the 7 mil the Canes gave him.

The key with Semin is to get consistency. All too often he disappeared during stretches of an 82 game season and also the playoffs.

IMO, he has the most talented skill set in the league but he has to want to play. I think it benefits him that this is a 48 game season, he shouldn't have too many lulls.

FWIW, I also believe the caps organization is mainly at fault. Sure Semin has his flaws, just like any player but the fact that he is fitting in Carolina just shows how ****ed up the caps organization is.

This is what always happens. The players end up flourishing elsewhere because the caps have no clue how to handle players. Ovie will also be a "rejuvinated" 40+ goal scorer if traded to another organization.

Ray Finkle
02-12-2013, 06:59 AM
The key with Semin is to get consistency. All too often he disappeared during stretches of an 82 game season and also the playoffs.

IMO, he has the most talented skill set in the league but he has to want to play. I think it benefits him that this is a 48 game season, he shouldn't have too many lulls.

FWIW, I also believe the caps organization is mainly at fault. Sure Semin has his flaws, just like any player but the fact that he is fitting in Carolina just shows how ****ed up the caps organization is.

This is what always happens. The players end up flourishing elsewhere because the caps have no clue how to handle players. Ovie will also be a "rejuvinated" 40+ goal scorer if traded to another organization.

Fovie (Fat Ovie) would not be a 40+ scorer any team unless the create a new cherry picker rule. He has the same move set he had as a rookie and no longer has the speed to capitalize on it. Enter the blue line, curl back or look to take it between the hash marks for a shot.

DivineLegion
02-12-2013, 09:46 AM

Granted we have only seen a small sample size, I think chemistry has a great deal of effect on a players effort level. The Hurricanes organization is notorious for getting the most out of retreads like Semin. This sort of player recycling stems from the organizations means of treating players as individuals. It starts with Ron Francis, and goes down as far as our media prognosticators ie Trip Tracy. Its my understanding that Bruce Buedro (sp?) had a great relationship with Semin, and actually felt he was one of the best players on the team. Sometimes its a locker room atmosphere too, the canes have always had a great locker room, and that could be whats in effect here. The common message in the organization has always been team.

gyldenlove
02-12-2013, 10:00 AM
Fovie (Fat Ovie) would not be a 40+ scorer any team unless the create a new cherry picker rule. He has the same move set he had as a rookie and no longer has the speed to capitalize on it. Enter the blue line, curl back or look to take it between the hash marks for a shot.

Yup, he needs to get much better at finding open space, he has an excellent shot but he is definitely no Brett Hull when it comes to finding open ice.

broncocalijohn
02-12-2013, 10:26 AM
Tonight top 2 teams in the West go at it (unless standings changed last night). Blackhawks and Ducks. Tough roadie for the Ducks as they still have to play Chicago, Detroit and Nashville.

RedskinBronco
02-12-2013, 11:19 AM
Yup, he needs to get much better at finding open space, he has an excellent shot but he is definitely no Brett Hull when it comes to finding open ice.

Ovie has his faults for sure but I guarantee you both he is a 40+ guy elsewhere. He has been broken down in DC for various reasons some on him and some on the org.

He has checked out of here in my eyes. He does show spurts of old ovie but I think subconsciously he has checked out.

Between Leonsis/Patrick/McPhee this org is a hot mess. Ovie will blow back up in a different environment.

It's his fault as well as the org's fault, but I have no doubts he lights it up in another environment. His demise is greatly exaggerated. He had 38 goals last season under defense coach Dale hunter in limited ice time no less

RedskinBronco
02-12-2013, 11:21 AM
Granted we have only seen a small sample size, I think chemistry has a great deal of effect on a players effort level. The Hurricanes organization is notorious for getting the most out of retreads like Semin. This sort of player recycling stems from the organizations means of treating players as individuals. It starts with Ron Francis, and goes down as far as our media prognosticators ie Trip Tracy. Its my understanding that Bruce Buedro (sp?) had a great relationship with Semin, and actually felt he was one of the best players on the team. Sometimes its a locker room atmosphere too, the canes have always had a great locker room, and that could be whats in effect here. The common message in the organization has always been team.

Yep agreed; spot on.

gyldenlove
02-12-2013, 11:33 AM
Ovie has his faults for sure but I guarantee you both he is a 40+ guy elsewhere. He has been broken down in DC for various reasons some on him and some on the org.

He has checked out of here in my eyes. He does show spurts of old ovie but I think subconsciously he has checked out.

Between Leonsis/Patrick/McPhee this org is a hot mess. Ovie will blow back up in a different environment.

It's his fault as well as the org's fault, but I have no doubts he lights it up in another environment. His demise is greatly exaggerated. He had 38 goals last season under defense coach Dale hunter in limited ice time no less

I agree he is still one the most talented players in the world, he is not Todd Bertuzzi who had one or two hot seasons riding the coat tails of someone else.

He does need a change of scenery, he also needs the right system, he is not a dump and chase player or a puck possession type of guy. He needs to be set up in quick transition through the neutral zone so he can move in with room to unleash his shot. I think the way the Blues are playing would be a really good fit for him but Hitch would probably not be the right coach for him.

I can't see a really good fit for him right now other than New Jersey, they play transition hockey and he wouldn't be asked to be the face of the franchise right away (it is Brodeurs team). New Jersey doesn't have the money or bait to trade for him though.

Ray Finkle
02-12-2013, 12:00 PM

2 things about Ovie that are very apparent now. Even when he was scoring, he was a high volume shooter (needing many shots to score his goals) and he was a bigger hitter (not a bone crunching hitter but he threw his weight around). As he has gotten older, he does not have the speed to get to his shooting spots (and defenses have limited his access to said spots) and doesn't hit as much (in part due to loss of footspeed). You can blame system changes on some of that but his inability to adept his game as he's aged hasn't helped at all.

These things are not going to change. Putting him on the Wings would increase his scoring chances but again because he had to shoot so much to score in the first place, would not allows mean more goals.

Hercules Rockefeller
02-12-2013, 12:01 PM
The problem is that GMGM has no real plan or idea of what he's looking for. That's why you see him go from a coach like to Boudreau to nearly a complete opposite in Hunter.

Ray Finkle
02-12-2013, 12:02 PM
I agree he is still one the most talented players in the world, he is not Todd Bertuzzi who had one or two hot seasons riding the coat tails of someone else.

He does need a change of scenery, he also needs the right system, he is not a dump and chase player or a puck possession type of guy. He needs to be set up in quick transition through the neutral zone so he can move in with room to unleash his shot. I think the way the Blues are playing would be a really good fit for him but Hitch would probably not be the right coach for him.

I can't see a really good fit for him right now other than New Jersey, they play transition hockey and he wouldn't be asked to be the face of the franchise right away (it is Brodeurs team). New Jersey doesn't have the money or bait to trade for him though.

NJ is a forechecking/cycling team.....same as NY and Boston.

Rascal
02-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Av's suck.

gyldenlove
02-12-2013, 12:16 PM
NJ is a forechecking/cycling team.....same as NY and Boston.

They don't cycle as much as the Rangers or Bruins I would say. They do forecheck aggressively and set up quickly.

RedskinBronco
02-12-2013, 12:45 PM
2 things about Ovie that are very apparent now. Even when he was scoring, he was a high volume shooter (needing many shots to score his goals) and he was a bigger hitter (not a bone crunching hitter but he threw his weight around). As he has gotten older, he does not have the speed to get to his shooting spots (and defenses have limited his access to said spots) and doesn't hit as much (in part due to loss of footspeed). You can blame system changes on some of that but his inability to adept his game as he's aged hasn't helped at all.

These things are not going to change. Putting him on the Wings would increase his scoring chances but again because he had to shoot so much to score in the first place, would not allows mean more goals.

Well he is also playing with trash (up until they put him with ribiero).

It's an interesting discussion and everyone will have different opinions. Funny you mention detroit; I think in that org he can put up 40+ easy and probably get in that close to 50 range, but again that's my opinion from what I know of ovechkin and the structure/style of detroit

socalorado
02-12-2013, 02:25 PM
Well he is also playing with trash (up until they put him with ribiero).

It's an interesting discussion and everyone will have different opinions. Funny you mention detroit; I think in that org he can put up 40+ easy and probably get in that close to 50 range, but again that's my opinion from what I know of ovechkin and the structure/style of detroit

I fear that in the offseason, ANA will not be able to retain both Perry and Getzlaf.
I think Perry stays in ANA, but DET signs Getzlaf to a big, multi-year deal.

RedskinBronco
02-12-2013, 02:37 PM
I fear that in the offseason, ANA will not be able to retain both Perry and Getzlaf.

I hear a lot of Perry trade rumors. I feel like Anaheim wants to retain Getzlaf and Ryan if they had to choose 2 of the 3. I guess it all depends on the demands. Perry's group and Murray are set to meet sometime soon per XM.

Also, since you are an anaheim fan, thought you would be interested to know the LA Kings offered up a package for Ovie. Bernier, Voynov, Richards was their offer...

socalorado
02-12-2013, 02:50 PM
I hear a lot of Perry trade rumors. I feel like Anaheim wants to retain Getzlaf and Ryan if they had to choose 2 of the 3. I guess it all depends on the demands. Perry's group and Murray are set to meet sometime soon per XM.

Also, since you are an anaheim fan, thought you would be interested to know the LA Kings offered up a package for Ovie. Bernier, Voynov, Richards was their offer...

When!?!?

SoCalBronco
02-12-2013, 04:20 PM
I wouldn't take that if I were Washington. Ovie brings in a lot of merchandise money/butts in seats regardless of his production.

Lestat
02-12-2013, 04:49 PM
Ovie is a guy you can't trade. what i mean by that is you will never be able to justify it to the fan base no matter who you get back.
it's kind of like all those times people said the Cavs should just trade LeBron and then use the pieces back for him to build with.
but you can't justify dealing him to Cavs fans(well, now you can after the decision)

Lestat
02-12-2013, 05:18 PM
hmm so Columbus finally canned Howson. more than time for that. dude has been horrific in the draft and has not improved the team.

now if the Avs would just fire Sacco.

gyldenlove
02-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Ovie is a guy you can't trade. what i mean by that is you will never be able to justify it to the fan base no matter who you get back.
it's kind of like all those times people said the Cavs should just trade LeBron and then use the pieces back for him to build with.
but you can't justify dealing him to Cavs fans(well, now you can after the decision)

You get one chance to trade Ovie, you have to do it in a year when the team is sucking and you have to put that on him. You have to challenge him to step up and let him fail. Make him captain, give him 25 minutes of icetime. Once he comes up short, you put it all on him and you ship him out for whatever you can get. Right now the only team I can see make that deal is Winnipeg, they have young NHL players, they have top prospects and tons of cap space.

A package of Blake Wheeler, Mark Scheifele, Zach Bogosian and a 1st would do it if the Caps play their cards right.

Lestat
02-12-2013, 06:54 PM
You get one chance to trade Ovie, you have to do it in a year when the team is sucking and you have to put that on him. You have to challenge him to step up and let him fail. Make him captain, give him 25 minutes of icetime. Once he comes up short, you put it all on him and you ship him out for whatever you can get. Right now the only team I can see make that deal is Winnipeg, they have young NHL players, they have top prospects and tons of cap space.

A package of Blake Wheeler, Mark Scheifele, Zach Bogosian and a 1st would do it if the Caps play their cards right.

in truth and logic this is all accurate. but you are not gonna sell the Caps fan base on any of that. you trade Ovie if you want to. ticket sales, merchandise, viewership will all go in the tank.

Hercules Rockefeller
02-12-2013, 07:02 PM
Ted cares about a full building. Until that starts to change, he's not trading his money maker.

Baba Booey
02-12-2013, 08:23 PM
Tough one for the Devils tonight, but it's hard to be too upset after winning five in a row. Plus, Carolina has been terrific on this road trip of theirs.

maher_tyler
02-12-2013, 08:39 PM
hmm so Columbus finally canned Howson. more than time for that. dude has been horrific in the draft and has not improved the team.

now if the Avs would just fire Sacco.

More than Sacco needs to go. Look at the talent level on this team.

Also, here is an interesting website that goes over player salaries etc. How the hell is David Jones getting $4M per year?? Unreal!

http://www.capgeek.com/avalanche/

$17,419,621 under the cap. No reason we can't bring in better talent. Especially when you see guys like Jones making $4M...Kobasew with $1.25M.

Notable players Jones makes more money than: Alexander Edler, Giroux, Luke Schenn, Setoguchi, Marc Staal, makes the same as Joe Pavelski, Brad Stuart, Logan Couture, Douglas Murray, Handzus, Subban, makes the same as Jordan Staal, Travis Zajac, Zubrus the list goes on. I guess they figure after his huge 37 point season last year he earned $4M. But won't give O'Reilly his money. Jones is tearing the league up with his whopping 1 point in 9 games so far this year!

Another O'Reilly article. Its pretty much spot on. This organization is dog ****!

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013/02/12/ryan-oreillys-days-as-an-av-look-to-be-over/12550/

broncocalijohn
02-12-2013, 10:42 PM

If Perry doesn't start scoring, there wont be big offers for him elsewhere. He is turning into Getzlaf from last season.

Also, Anaheim #1 in the Western Conference and Ovie is a coach killer.

Lestat
02-13-2013, 03:45 AM
More than Sacco needs to go. Look at the talent level on this team.

Also, here is an interesting website that goes over player salaries etc. How the hell is David Jones getting $4M per year?? Unreal!

http://www.capgeek.com/avalanche/

$17,419,621 under the cap. No reason we can't bring in better talent. Especially when you see guys like Jones making $4M...Kobasew with $1.25M.

Notable players Jones makes more money than: Alexander Edler, Giroux, Luke Schenn, Setoguchi, Marc Staal, makes the same as Joe Pavelski, Brad Stuart, Logan Couture, Douglas Murray, Handzus, Subban, makes the same as Jordan Staal, Travis Zajac, Zubrus the list goes on. I guess they figure after his huge 37 point season last year he earned $4M. But won't give O'Reilly his money. Jones is tearing the league up with his whopping 1 point in 9 games so far this year!

Another O'Reilly article. Its pretty much spot on. This organization is dog ****!

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013/02/12/ryan-oreillys-days-as-an-av-look-to-be-over/12550/

Lacroix needs to go but Sherman has done a solid job as Avs GM.
most of the talent the team has is due to him and Pracey since they took over.
Jones making 4 mil is about right since he was a UFA coming off of back to back 20 goal seasons.

O'Reilly got his feelings hurt and has wanted out since before the lockout but wouldn't directly tell the team til now.
he thought he'd get paid based upon one good season out of three and using defensive stats his agent claims makes him one of the top defensive players in the league.

i do hope that in 2014 Kroenke is forced to sell and the new ownership not only keeps the Avs in Colorado but cleans house completely and kicks Lacroix "Avs way" nepotism country ass to the curb.

of course, if Joey Hishon doesn't get damn near murdered on the ice a few seasons ago by McNabb this franchise looks completely different and has 4 legit top tier C types at the NHL level.

Ray Finkle
02-13-2013, 04:30 AM

Call me whatever you want but I would take Mike Richards over a floating Ovie.....hated Richards on the Flyers but love him that he's not there.

gyldenlove
02-13-2013, 05:12 AM
in truth and logic this is all accurate. but you are not gonna sell the Caps fan base on any of that. you trade Ovie if you want to. ticket sales, merchandise, viewership will all go in the tank.

It is all true, that is why the Caps have to suck for a while so viewership and fan interest dies down. This is not something you can do with one bad season, you will need 2 or 3 very bad years at least for this type of thing to come to fruition.

Ray Finkle
02-13-2013, 05:51 AM

honestly I'd love for that to happen. Back before Ovie, the MCI/Verizon or their old building was a GREAT place to watch hockey. People that were there we fans of the game and even if you were sitting next to a Caps fan, you could have a good time talking hockey. Now I'd say 45% of the fans have no clue about hockey but love to "rock the red".....

socalorado
02-13-2013, 05:53 AM
VIKTOR FASTH 6-0
http://por-img.cimcontent.net/api/assets/bin-201302/5b2bf45adb74befeeae57341595972f5.jpg

RedskinBronco
02-13-2013, 06:37 AM
When!?!?

I guess when Mcphee was desperate about 2 weeks ago. He was calling around. I believe I mentioned at the time that he was going hard after O'Reilly but I think that one would be tough.

Colorado is looking for a lot AND O'Reilly wants something like 5yrs $5M approximately and colorado doesn't want to budge from the $3.75M range.

Did hear though that Colorado is only offering him up to Eastern Conference teams as of right now.

socalorado
02-13-2013, 06:43 AM
I guess when Mcphee was desperate about 2 weeks ago. He was calling around. I believe I mentioned at the time that he was going hard after O'Reilly but I think that one would be tough.

Colorado is looking for a lot AND O'Reilly wants something like 5yrs $5M approximately and colorado doesn't want to budge from the $3.75M range.

Did hear though that Colorado is only offering him up to Eastern Conference teams as of right now.

Wow.
I would much rather have O'Reilly. Even if COL doesnt want to deal him to a western conference team.
How bout them Ducks baby!

RedskinBronco
02-13-2013, 06:46 AM
Call me whatever you want but I would take Mike Richards over a floating Ovie.....hated Richards on the Flyers but love him that he's not there.

Haha, it's all good. I agree with SoCalBronco though, I would not pull the trigger on that deal. 7 pts in 5 games now and a goal streak going. I still feel like his demise is greatly exaggerated but I know what you are saying because he does look disinterested more and more.

It is hard to trade him, but Ted probably doesn't want a Jagr situation where he begs someone to take his contract. Leonsis might still tell mcphee pull the trigger

RedskinBronco
02-13-2013, 06:54 AM
If Perry doesn't start scoring, there wont be big offers for him elsewhere. He is turning into Getzlaf from last season.

Also, Anaheim #1 in the Western Conference and Ovie is a coach killer.

well in fairness to Ovechkin, look at the anaheim stable of forwards. Boudreau has a lot to work with like he did here initially, then they psyched themselves out and started to bring in grinders and lesser skilled guys and they asked Boudreau to go more defensive.

Once Boudreau tried to change his style and become captain blood, the players tuned him out.

It was just time for a divorce. No way do the caps beat the Bruins last spring with Boudreau at the helm. Dale Hunter got them to grind, be mentally tough, be physical and run through a wall.

Boudreau still has a lot to prove in the playoffs. You won't be able to win 6-5 games all the time.

We will see, I think he has a better team in Anaheim with more veteran types like Beauchemin, Selanne, Koivu, etc.

Ray Finkle
02-13-2013, 07:05 AM
Haha, it's all good. I agree with SoCalBronco though, I would not pull the trigger on that deal. 7 pts in 5 games now and a goal streak going. I still feel like his demise is greatly exaggerated but I know what you are saying because he does look disinterested more and more.

It is hard to trade him, but Ted probably doesn't want a Jagr situation where he begs someone to take his contract. Leonsis might still tell mcphee pull the trigger

I doubt he is traded because as everyone has mentioned, your not going to get true value for him.

DivineLegion
02-13-2013, 07:33 PM
Oh boy SoCal what do you think about Cooke on Karlson?

Between Orpik and Cooke you guys have quite the reputation that's STILL gaining momentum.

Lestat
02-13-2013, 07:38 PM

no team is going to trade what the Avs want for ROR and pay him 4 mil. this is going to end badly for ROR unless he smartens up and takes the deal.

Al Wilson
02-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Oh boy SoCal what do you think about Cooke on Karlson?

Between Orpik and Cooke you guys have quite the reputation that's STILL gaining momentum.
Matt Cooke is a piece of ****. And so is any other player that is similar to him. Players like Matt Cooke should be kicked out of this league. Ridiculous. Look at the replay; anyone with a brain can see Cooke's intent to stomp Karlsson. **** that little bitch. We don't need players like that bitch taking out star players with intent. I'm furious

DivineLegion
02-13-2013, 07:49 PM
Tough one for the Devils tonight, but it's hard to be too upset after winning five in a row. Plus, Carolina has been terrific on this road trip of theirs.

I think it's the old Boxer strategy of not having sex for a week before a fight, so your testosterone is through the roof. After two weeks on the road, we play our best game off a back to back,which was also our 3rd game in 4 nights. The Canes definitely saved their best game of the season for the Devils, but we always seem to play harder against the Devils.

There isn't a lot you can do against our first line right now. Jiri Tlusty getting hot, with an already scorching Staal, and Alexander Semin at any temperature is just a deadly combination. Cam Wards insatiable ability to out duel Marty helps too.