PDA

View Full Version : 2012-2013 General NHL Hockey Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11

Mogulseeker
06-26-2013, 12:00 PM
I'm not saying the NFL needs more white fans, lol. I'm saying Hillis was popular because he was a white running back, and that brought more fans to the Browns. Perhaps it was a bad analogy.

But I have black friends from the Navy that would ridicule hockey as a sport. I know at least one of them is following the draft very closely now. Because of Jones.

24champ
06-26-2013, 12:09 PM
You done posting about race?

SoCalBronco
06-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Lol....gotta love Smurf injecting race into the NHL thread.

Ray Finkle
06-26-2013, 12:58 PM
I'm not saying the NFL needs more white fans, lol. I'm saying Hillis was popular because he was a white running back, and that brought more fans to the Browns. Perhaps it was a bad analogy.

But I have black friends from the Navy that would ridicule hockey as a sport. I know at least one of them is following the draft very closely now. Because of Jones.

I think Buff, Iggy, GF, Simmons, Doig, and many other black players would disagree.

Lestat
06-26-2013, 01:19 PM
I think Buff, Iggy, GF, Simmons, Doig, and many other black players would disagree.

what he was saying in a bad analogy is that having a ethnic player as a top pick and potentially the #1 pick would drive fans of that shared background to root for the sport and tune in more.

which happens with any minority race. they tend to pile on and support that player heavily and it piques interest in the sport more.
because you can market it to that fan base.

and it's not just race, it's religion, lifestyle, culture & etc.
the more comfortable a fan is with a player's perceived image the more they're likely to follow him and the sport.

with that said, i don't flying **** if he's black, blue, yellow, Armenian, Scottish, Catholic, Aesthetic, Bi-Sexual, Gay or whatever.
is he the better player and can he help my team win?
the problem comes in when the issue or cause is greater than the value of the actual player's production(IE Tebow)

Beantown Bronco
06-26-2013, 01:24 PM
from today's Boston Globe:

Bruins center Patrice Bergeron remains at a local hospital for observation because of a punctured lung. He was admitted following the Bruins’ 3-2 loss to Chicago in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final Monday night.

As it was, Bergeron entered Game 6 with a broken rib and torn cartilage. He then sustained a separated shoulder during the first period. Bergeron had visited a Chicago hospital after Game 5 Saturday night because of the torn cartilage.

Unreal......what a warrior.

broncosteven
06-26-2013, 01:58 PM

Bruins center Patrice Bergeron remains at a local hospital for observation because of a punctured lung. He was admitted following the Bruins’ 3-2 loss to Chicago in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final Monday night.

As it was, Bergeron entered Game 6 with a broken rib and torn cartilage. He then sustained a separated shoulder during the first period. Bergeron had visited a Chicago hospital after Game 5 Saturday night because of the torn cartilage.

***cough*** 17 seconds ***cough***

Requiem
06-26-2013, 02:00 PM
You only lasted 9 seconds last night Steven. #yoco

broncosteven
06-26-2013, 02:01 PM
You only lasted 9 seconds last night Steven. #yoco

You loved every second!

Lestat
06-26-2013, 02:06 PM
You loved every second!

i see this is your motto to live by

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/2323556884/jetsbogi.png

Requiem
06-26-2013, 02:07 PM
You loved every second!

You forced me. . . :^(

I am going to the authorities. No more glam band jam band in the basement Dusseldorf Dogma Panic At the Disco.

Ray Finkle
06-26-2013, 02:36 PM
what he was saying in a bad analogy is that having a ethnic player as a top pick and potentially the #1 pick would drive fans of that shared background to root for the sport and tune in more.

which happens with any minority race. they tend to pile on and support that player heavily and it piques interest in the sport more.

the more comfortable a fan is with a player's perceived image the more they're likely to follow him and the sport.

with that said, i don't flying **** if he's black, blue, yellow, Armenian, Scottish, Catholic, Aesthetic, Bi-Sexual, Gay or whatever.
the problem comes in when the issue or cause is greater than the value of the actual player's production(IE Tebow)

I know....Iggy was a high 1st too....his argument falls flat.

Mogulseeker
06-26-2013, 02:39 PM
Lol....gotta love Smurf injecting race into the NHL thread.

It's Jay-Z that is trying to inject race in hockey.

Mogulseeker
06-26-2013, 02:41 PM

... And the Avs can be one of those teams to attract a nationwide fan base.

Ray Finkle
06-26-2013, 02:55 PM
... And the Avs can be one of those teams to attract a nationwide fan base.

how did that work for Evander Kane and his team?

Lestat
06-26-2013, 03:59 PM
I know....Iggy was a high 1st too....his argument falls flat.

it's Calgary. they made the cup final and most people barely remember that.
heck, most people mentioned the top goalies in the NHL and passed over Kiprusoff in most cases.

how did that work for Evander Kane and his team?

Atlanta was not a hockey town. more people know who Kane is now since moving to Winnipeg than when he was in Atlanta.

Mogulseeker
06-26-2013, 04:45 PM
Seth Jones is from the United States...

He is incredibly well-spoken for an athlete, regardless of race... (He's probably smarter, too, than 90 percent of athletes)...

His dad was a pro basketball player, so there's the intersport connection....

Him coming back to his hometown is a huge marketing selling point, and gives him an opportunity to connect with his fanbase...

He will be a franchise player, and this situation is just like Lebron in Cleveland, except I'd say he'd have a much better chance at sticking around, rather than jumping ship the way Lebron did (and why I think pro basketball is a joke).

OrangeSe7en
06-26-2013, 05:12 PM
You better expand your fanbase by picking the best players. If that's MacKinnon, nevermind what Jones' race is. I really hope the Avs take the best player and I really think the best potential impact player is MacKinnon. And the past data supports taking forwards over defensemen. Duncan Keith, one of the best defensemen in the modern NHL was a 2nd round pick. Granted, anyone that resembles Keith in any way will likely go in the first based on Keith's impact as a smart, mobile puckmover.

underrated29
06-26-2013, 06:06 PM
It'll be Nathan as long as we stay at 1. If we move down it'll be barkov and then jones depending on how far down we go. The fo still hasn't 100% made up their minds but it'll be Mack

Lestat
06-26-2013, 06:56 PM
You better expand your fanbase by picking the best players. If that's MacKinnon, nevermind what Jones' race is. I really hope the Avs take the best player and I really think the best potential impact player is MacKinnon. And the past data supports taking forwards over defensemen. Duncan Keith, one of the best defensemen in the modern NHL was a 2nd round pick. Granted, anyone that resembles Keith in any way will likely go in the first based on Keith's impact as a smart, mobile puckmover.

Keith was also considered small when he was drafted. he needed time in college to develop and grow. **** even now he's 200 lbs and that's considered to be kind small for a top level D man.

if you're big and you can skate as a D man they're more likely to draft you higher unless you just have the total package even though you're smallish.

like a Jordan Subban. if he was 6-0 175 instead of 5-9 165 he'd be a first round pick. talent wise he's that good. but he's too small for a D man.
even Nic Petan as a forward he's 5-9 and about 180, he could sneak into the first but most likely is a 2nd round. if he was bigger he'd be a top 15 pick.

SoCalBronco
06-27-2013, 07:50 AM
Chris Kunitz has agreed to a 3 year extension...AAV 3.85.

Salary is reasonable...term is a bit too long, IMO.

gyldenlove
06-27-2013, 09:27 AM
Lecavalier is being bought out in Tampa.

Beantown Bronco
06-27-2013, 09:38 AM
Lecavalier is being bought out in Tampa.

I'd be shocked if he isn't in Montreal a minute after the waiver period expires.

gyldenlove
06-27-2013, 09:51 AM
I'd be shocked if he isn't in Montreal a minute after the waiver period expires.

Montreal definitely seems like the obvious choice, they do have the cap space barely to sign him if he goes for around 5 mill.

canadianbroncosfan
06-27-2013, 11:00 AM
Congrats Chicago fans.......just got back from the game. Be gentle. I'm going to need some time.

Three days long enough? This series aside, I absolutely love the Bruins, without a doubt my fave team in the East. They will always hold a special place in my heart for crushing Vancouver's dream in 2011.

What a great series, and what a great win. I now know what it feels like to be on the other side of the Flacco pass and certainly helps ease that pain.

Also, I realize I'm three days late but I literally got over my hangover from Monday this morning. I haven't been on a computer, or really moved from my couch in the past two days.

Smiling Assassin27
06-27-2013, 11:19 AM
Montreal definitely seems like the obvious choice, they do have the cap space barely to sign him if he goes for around 5 mill.

Several Detroit writers saying Detroit may kick the tires on Vinny. I don't see it, though.

24champ
06-27-2013, 11:24 AM
Three days long enough? This series aside, I absolutely love the Bruins, without a doubt my fave team in the East. They will always hold a special place in my heart for crushing Vancouver's dream in 2011.

What a great series, and what a great win. I now know what it feels like to be on the other side of the Flacco pass and certainly helps ease that pain.

Also, I realize I'm three days late but I literally got over my hangover from Monday this morning. I haven't been on a computer, or really moved from my couch in the past two days.

It took me a long...long...long time to get over that 93 series loss to the Canadians.

gyldenlove
06-27-2013, 11:37 AM
Several Detroit writers saying Detroit may kick the tires on Vinny. I don't see it, though.

They may try to talk to him, but I doubt they can meet his salary demands.

Every indication seems to be that they want to make a move for a 2nd line forward in free agency.

Smiling Assassin27
06-27-2013, 11:52 AM
They may try to talk to him, but I doubt they can meet his salary demands.

Every indication seems to be that they want to make a move for a 2nd line forward in free agency.

Yeah, considering he was making 7+M per year, I don't see him coming down to a price that'd make him a viable replacement for Filppula.

gyldenlove
06-27-2013, 12:47 PM
There are a number of teams this year looking to unload bad contracts through trades. I am wondering if teams that are far from the salary floor may be fielding offers to take on a few bad contracts along with a decent prospect or draft pick.

chadta
06-27-2013, 04:09 PM
Yeah, considering he was making 7+M per year, I don't see him coming down to a price that'd make him a viable replacement for Filppula.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Toronto/2013/06/26/20929896.html

considering that deal, id suspect vinny will sign a 1 year deal and be back in tampa the year after

broncocalijohn
06-27-2013, 04:59 PM

and in other related news, Crosby just got out of an undisclosed hospital from a two week stay with an ingrown toenail.

OrangeSe7en
06-27-2013, 05:16 PM
The Avs get Tanguay.

Lestat
06-27-2013, 06:37 PM
not just Tanguay, we got Sarich as well. but more importantly, we broomed Jones and O'Brien.

gyldenlove
06-27-2013, 06:56 PM
not just Tanguay, we got Sarich as well. but more importantly, we broomed Jones and O'Brien.

Wow, that looks like a surprisingly good deal for Colorado. Sarich is definitely over the hill but Tanguay is by some margin the best player in the deal.

I wonder where Stastny or O'reilly will end up, they look more and more certain to get booted out of town to make room for Mckinnon.

SoCalBronco
06-27-2013, 09:07 PM
We offered 8 years...AAV 6.75.....rejected. They want 7.7.

I think 6.75 is already about 250k more than what we can comfortably live with. I would not offer any more.

24champ
06-27-2013, 09:19 PM

I think 6.75 is already about 250k more than what we can comfortably live with. I would not offer any more.

7.7 is a bit steep, but I'm not surprised. Letang wants out of Pitt, and he apparently wants to go to the Leafs.

SoCalBronco
06-27-2013, 09:45 PM
7.7 is a bit steep, but I'm not surprised. Letang wants out of Pitt, and he apparently wants to go to the Leafs.

No he doesn't want out. The Leafs thing was already debunked and it was started by Rob Rossi so its inherently subject to doubt. Rossi is our Eklund.

But Letang definitely wants major cash. I would have stopped at 6.5...certainly where they are now is more than enough.

SoCalBronco
06-27-2013, 09:46 PM
Looks like USA won't medal in Sochi.

DB has been appointed coach.

24champ
06-27-2013, 10:06 PM
No he doesn't want out. .

A 7.7 mil offer doesn't exactly sound like he's willing to stick around in Pitt.

Lestat
06-28-2013, 12:14 AM
Wow, that looks like a surprisingly good deal for Colorado. Sarich is definitely over the hill but Tanguay is by some margin the best player in the deal.

I wonder where Stastny or O'reilly will end up, they look more and more certain to get booted out of town to make room for Mckinnon.

Neither is getting traded. Roy said no chance on moving stastny and that he will move oreilly to winger while mackinnon will be the 3rd line center to start out.

gyldenlove
06-28-2013, 08:55 AM
Neither is getting traded. Roy said no chance on moving stastny and that he will move oreilly to winger while mackinnon will be the 3rd line center to start out.

So that leaves Tanguay, Oreilly, Landy, Parentau to wing the top 2 lines and Downie and possibly Hejduk if he comes back with Mckinnon?

canadianbroncosfan
06-28-2013, 01:14 PM
Beauty speech by Crawford at the parade today.

http://deadspin.com/corey-crawfords-speech-at-the-blackhawks-parade-was-sh-610667553

canadianbroncosfan
06-28-2013, 01:19 PM
Alright turnout for the parade today

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000PD0PTYbwq9E/s/880/880/Patrick-Kane.jpg

Kid A
06-28-2013, 01:42 PM
Alright turnout for the parade today

Oh, man. Went to the one in 2010, wish I could have skipped work for this year's party. It's a sports mad city. If the Bears or Cubs were to win a title sometime this century, I'm not sure much of town would be left standing a week later.

Also: drunk, swearing Corey Crawford is best Corey Crawford:

http://deadspin.com/corey-crawfords-speech-at-the-blackhawks-parade-was-sh-610667553

gyldenlove
06-28-2013, 02:54 PM

7.7 is Shea Weber and Ryan Suter money, there is no way in hell he should be making that much.

Putting him at 7 mill sticks him in with Doughty and Chara which I think is also a bit too high - both those guys are more complete players. 6.5 puts him on par with Erik Karlson which I think is fair, they are almost the same player.

chadta
06-28-2013, 04:13 PM

hes sick of cindy like everybody else.

bet he takes less which will prove that he just wanted out, no way he should be offered more, id love to see pissburg do it tho, it would make up for them getting a good deal on kunitz.

gyldenlove
06-28-2013, 04:59 PM
Rangers are keeping Richards, I have to admit that does surprise me.

gyldenlove
06-28-2013, 05:00 PM
hes sick of cindy like everybody else.

bet he takes less which will prove that he just wanted out, no way he should be offered more, id love to see pissburg do it tho, it would make up for them getting a good deal on kunitz.

It will be interesting, I don't see many teams offer up a ton for a guy who wants that much money - especially if they can Weber at the same cap hit.

OrangeSe7en
06-28-2013, 05:15 PM
Oh, man. Went to the one in 2010, wish I could have skipped work for this year's party. It's a sports mad city. If the Bears or Cubs were to win a title sometime this century, I'm not sure much of town would be left standing a week later.

Also: drunk, swearing Corey Crawford is best Corey Crawford:

Anyone see the ad that the Blackhawks put in the Boston newspaper? Very classy. They really are a model organIzation.

OrangeSe7en
06-28-2013, 05:21 PM
Anyone think that the recent trade by the Avs, sets in stone that they're going to take player X at #1?

Another thing occurred to me: the Avs won a Stanley Cup, largely because of the Eric Lindros trade (they got a boatload by trading him including Peter Forsberg). Is their unwillingness to say with absolute certainty an acknowledgment that they remember the impact of that trade and would entertain something similar? Its doubtful it will happen in a deep draft like this.

gyldenlove
06-28-2013, 06:35 PM
Jakub Kindl has reupped with Detroit for 4 years at 2.3 per year.

OrangeSe7en
06-29-2013, 03:39 PM
I heard that the Flames offered the #6, #22, and #28 for the #1 and were turned down. Either the Avs really love their player at #1 or there's a huge trade that is going to happen.

Lestat
06-29-2013, 04:34 PM
I heard that the Flames offered the #6, #22, and #28 for the #1 and were turned down. Either the Avs really love their player at #1 or there's a huge trade that is going to happen.

Avs will not drop below #4. they've said that repeatedly and meant it.
if you stay in the top 4 you will draft one of MacKinnon,Drouin,Jones or Barkov.
they're the unquestioned top 4 players in the draft. Nichushkin is really good but 5th best.
no reason to drop down that fair. Buffalo offered all their firsts as well.

we want Florida to give us Gudbranson and #2 for the #1.

though personally i want whatever trade that forces us to take Seth Jones. which would probably be dropping down to #4 with Nashville. who wants to deal up for MacKinnon but they also love Barkov and know he will likely go #4 to them if MacKinnon goes #1.

So that leaves Tanguay, Oreilly, Landy, Parentau to wing the top 2 lines and Downie and possibly Hejduk if he comes back with Mckinnon?

doubt Tanguay is on the 2nd line over Downie. Downie is grittier and more physical.
i just don't see the Avs taking Hejduk back. he wants to play under Roy badly but he's basically done.

bpc
06-29-2013, 06:59 PM
Been a rough few years for Avs fans. Football will always be king for me but there is little more exciting than NHL playoffs. The decisions by the Avs in the next 48 hours are going to be huge to get us back on that stage. Part of me doesn't want us to move. Take McKinnon who's the best player on the board and be done with it. Partner him up with some of the skill we already have and go from there. Maybe dip into the FA pool to looking for some defensemen and goal-tenders. Anybody care to take a guess as to what type of upside McKinnon has comparing to current NHL all-stars?

OrangeSe7en
06-29-2013, 07:02 PM
Avs will not drop below #4. they've said that repeatedly and meant it.
if you stay in the top 4 you will draft one of MacKinnon,Drouin,Jones or Barkov.
they're the unquestioned top 4 players in the draft. Nichushkin is really good but 5th best.
no reason to drop down that fair. Buffalo offered all their firsts as well.

we want Florida to give us Gudbranson and #2 for the #1.

though personally i want whatever trade that forces us to take Seth Jones. which would probably be dropping down to #4 with Nashville. who wants to deal up for MacKinnon but they also love Barkov and know he will likely go #4 to them if MacKinnon goes #1.

doubt Tanguay is on the 2nd line over Downie. Downie is grittier and more physical.
i just don't see the Avs taking Hejduk back. he wants to play under Roy badly but he's basically done.

Then the Avs are probably taking MacKinnon--assuming they're being honest. The top 4 doesn't have a wealth of picks/players to offer, not to mention, they, too, can take a Barkov/Jones/Druin.

I'm a MacKinnon guy. There's a premium on speed and scoring now.

I really think they'd be better off with the F at 1 and D at 32. They'll likely get someone like Hagg/Morin/Morrissey/Theodore/McCoshen/Bowey/Bigras in rd 2.

OrangeSe7en
06-29-2013, 07:08 PM
Been a rough few years for Avs fans. Football will always be king for me but there is little more exciting than NHL playoffs. The decisions by the Avs in the next 48 hours are going to be huge to get us back on that stage. Part of me doesn't want us to move. Take McKinnon who's the best player on the board and be done with it. Partner him up with some of the skill we already have and go from there. Maybe dip into the FA pool to looking for some defensemen and goal-tenders. Anybody care to take a guess as to what type of upside McKinnon has comparing to current NHL all-stars?

Currently: Steven Stamkos

Previously: Pavel Bure

He might be better than both. Who knows. One reason I like MacKinnon is because it's more likely that he'll significantly refine skills than it is that Drouin will become a faster/stronger skater.

For all that is made about Seth Jones' skill set, MacKinnon skated around him at the blue line during a crucial moment and made it look fairly easy. That speed/skill should create a lot of chances.

SoCalBronco
06-29-2013, 07:35 PM
Some rumor that TB would trade Hedman and No 3 to COL for 1 and EJ.

That would be a huge steal for COL.

OrangeSe7en
06-29-2013, 07:38 PM

I can see Drouin entering the mix since he draws more comparisons to Sakic.

SoCalBronco
06-29-2013, 07:39 PM
Rumor that Letang has been traded to TOR for Gardiner and Kulemin. This had come up earlier in the week...rearing its head again. I would go for that.....but try and squeeze them for a pick as well. It's Toronto..they'll fold.

I am really sure Letang will be traded to someone tomorrow. Anaheim would be a good fit as well for Gibson Etem and a pick.

OrangeSe7en
06-29-2013, 07:45 PM
Rumor that Letang has been traded to TOR for Gardiner and Kulemin. This had come up earlier in the week...rearing its head again. I would go for that.....but try and squeeze them for a pick as well. It's Toronto..they'll fold.

I am really sure Letang will be traded to someone tomorrow. Anaheim would be a good fit as well for Gibson Etem and a pick.

I can see a LeTang trade resulting in the perception that both sides lost. With less offensive firepower in Toronto (than in Pitt), offense might not come as easily for LeTang.

Likewise for Pittsburgh, there's no guarantee that the acquired players will produce offensively like LeTang. They may be better defensively, but that might be noticed less if there's an offensive fall off from the LeTang trade.

gyldenlove
06-29-2013, 07:54 PM
There are rumors that Detroit have traded with Anaheim: Bobby Ryan and a 1st round pick from Anaheim for Tomas Tatar, Almqvist, Lashoff and a 3rd round pick.

It is very unverified at this time and no reputable source has commented on it.

On another note, Lecavalier has met with a bunch of teams today including Detroit, Toronto, Dallas, Anaheim, St Louis, Montreal and Philly.

24champ
06-29-2013, 08:13 PM
Rumor is that Scuderi wants 4 million for 5 years....appreciated your service with the Kings, but that's way too steep for an aging stay at home Dman. See ya.

Rumor:

* The Flyers are talking to many teams, but there are many who feel the Kings and Flyers are as close to finishing a deal as anyone.

* Washington and NYR trying to acquire the rights of Scuderi from LA.

SoCalBronco
06-29-2013, 08:19 PM
Rumor is that Scuderi wants 4 million for 5 years....appreciated your service with the Kings, but that's way too steep for an aging stay at home Dman. See ya.

Rumor:

* The Flyers are talking to many teams, but there are many who feel the Kings and Flyers are as close to finishing a deal as anyone.

* Washington and NYR trying to acquire the rights of Scuderi from LA.

I love the Piece too......but 4/20 is too much. 3/12 would be fine.

24champ
06-29-2013, 08:24 PM
Wonder if Shero jumps in to acquire his rights? His divisional rivals are doing so.

24champ
06-29-2013, 08:27 PM
The LA/Philly rumor looks credible, some swap of players and picks going to happen.

SoCalBronco
06-29-2013, 08:29 PM
Wonder if Shero jumps in to acquire his rights? His divisional rivals are doing so.

Doubt it......although I do like the player. We don't have many picks to trade right now and I don't think they would acquire his rights if he wants a 4 year deal.

Eklund says Montreal hottest team on Letang....which is no surprise at all. They don't have much we would want though. Pacioretty and their first doesn't come close to getting a deal done. I don't think they are a good partner.

I like the TOR proposal (Gardiner, Kulemin plus 1st or 2nd), I like ANA (Etem, Gibson, first) and TB (Hedman...and maybe a 2nd) the best.

SoCalBronco
06-29-2013, 08:30 PM
The LA/Philly rumor looks credible, some swap of players and picks going to happen.

Is there some agreement you have with Homer to always be a trading partner?

24champ
06-29-2013, 08:59 PM
Is there some agreement you have with Homer to always be a trading partner?

Dean Lombardi knows Homer well, and also Clarke. I just want to know who the players are that are being swapped. Rumor is from Eklund but he's been pretty acurrate with Philly trades in the past.

24champ
06-29-2013, 09:01 PM
Eklund also posted that Nathan Horton wants to go to NY or LA to help his wife's modeling career. Lolwut?

Hercules Rockefeller
06-29-2013, 09:13 PM

Damn. So Letang is worth EJ and the 1st Overall?

SoCalBronco
06-29-2013, 09:36 PM
Damn. So Letang is worth EJ and the 1st Overall?

Lol.

I still think you will be surprised by the return. It will be at least as much as Staal.

Lestat
06-29-2013, 10:16 PM

he gets compared to Crosby alot but i think he'll be closer to Sakic production wise.

Then the Avs are probably taking MacKinnon--assuming they're being honest. The top 4 doesn't have a wealth of picks/players to offer, not to mention, they, too, can take a Barkov/Jones/Druin.

I'm a MacKinnon guy. There's a premium on speed and scoring now.

I really think they'd be better off with the F at 1 and D at 32. They'll likely get someone like Hagg/Morin/Morrissey/Theodore/McCoshen/Bowey/Bigras in rd 2.

i badly want Mueller in the 2nd. be happy with Hagg or Theodore too.
Heatherington would be awesome if he fell to round 3 but someone will snap him up in round 2.

the only team likely to move up with the goods to match what we want is Florida.

not going to happen. Colorado doesn't need to deal EJ and Tampa would be dumb as hell to deal Hedman.

there is nothing the pens can leverage to get a pick. it's widely known Letang wants Toronto and won't take less than 7.75 mil from the pens or something crazy.

Lol.

I still think you will be surprised by the return. It will be at least as much as Staal.

no it won't. everyone knows the Pens have to deal him and this draft is way too deep to deal a 1st for Letang.
no team is going to give up a ton for Letang and still have to pay him Suter and Weber money.
well Philly would but there is no way they can right now.

edit: let me clarify that. no team is going to give up what the pens want initially for Letang. a first, roster player and prospect is not going to happen.
not and have to pay him franchise D money.

SoCalBronco
06-29-2013, 11:05 PM
he gets compared to Crosby alot but i think he'll be closer to Sakic production wise.

i badly want Mueller in the 2nd. be happy with Hagg or Theodore too.
Heatherington would be awesome if he fell to round 3 but someone will snap him up in round 2.

the only team likely to move up with the goods to match what we want is Florida.

not going to happen. Colorado doesn't need to deal EJ and Tampa would be dumb as hell to deal Hedman.

there is nothing the pens can leverage to get a pick. it's widely known Letang wants Toronto and won't take less than 7.75 mil from the pens or something crazy.

no it won't. everyone knows the Pens have to deal him and this draft is way too deep to deal a 1st for Letang.
no team is going to give up a ton for Letang and still have to pay him Suter and Weber money.
well Philly would but there is no way they can right now.

edit: let me clarify that. no team is going to give up what the pens want initially for Letang. a first, roster player and prospect is not going to happen.
not and have to pay him franchise D money.

Wrong. It is not widely known he wants to go Toronto. That was made up by Rob Rossi......who last year also told us that Yandle to PIT was a "done deal".....so save it.

Also the whole "they can't get X cause everyone knows they have to deal him" is a crap argument. Last year not only was it known that Staal HAD to be dealt, but it was also known that regardless of what happened he would end up signing with Carolina and they STILL raped Carolina..,.with a 15 inch dick.

A first, roster player and prospect are the terms.....or a really good roster player and a prospect. The UFA market is hot garbage. That alone will spur demand.

Ray Finkle
06-30-2013, 08:01 AM
Eklund also posted that Nathan Horton wants to go to NY or LA to help his wife's modeling career. Lolwut?

It would have to be the Islanders. Rangers don't have the cap room.

Hercules Rockefeller
06-30-2013, 09:12 AM
Letang re-signs for 8 years/$58M, or a $7.25M cap hit.

gyldenlove
06-30-2013, 10:01 AM
Letang re-signs for 8 years/$58M, or a $7.25M cap hit.

That is an overpay - if the cap doesn't start climbing pretty quickly this could really come back to haunt them.

chadta
06-30-2013, 10:09 AM
That is an overpay - if the cap doesn't start climbing pretty quickly this could really come back to haunt them.

YIKES massive overpay

homer approves of this deal, but only because it includes a NTC

SoCalBronco
06-30-2013, 11:13 AM
YIKES massive overpay

homer approves of this deal, but only because it includes a NTC

Limited NTC......he can choose 15 teams he won't go to....not a full NTC.

Still...this is about 750k a year overpayment. I would not have gone past 6.5.

Need to trade Dupers negotiating rights and deal TK and Vitale to get some low to mid picks. Put Bennett on the top line...Jussi on the second.

We don't have many picks but we need to select alot of forwards for the pipeline....nothing there outside of Zlobin.

24champ
06-30-2013, 11:47 AM
Yeah that's overpayment, but that's what I expected for Letang to stay in Pitt. I knew Shero would cave in one way or another.

Another rumor is the Kings are pursuing the rights to Ignila and that we are looking to move Justin Williams to another team. I will be floored if that happens.

SoCalBronco
06-30-2013, 11:54 AM
Iggy rights to LA for a 3rd....please.

24champ
06-30-2013, 12:04 PM
Iggy rights to LA for a 3rd....please.

Probably for one of our 3 4th round picks.

SoCalBronco
06-30-2013, 12:08 PM
Probably for one of our 3 4th round picks.

That would be okay too.

SoCalBronco
06-30-2013, 12:22 PM
We could move Niskanen for Clutterbuck...I heard.

SoCalBronco
06-30-2013, 12:49 PM
We just raped the Sharks.

Just waiting for confirmation...ahahahahahah!

Edit: confirmed. Tyler Kennedy for a 2nd rounder (No 50).

Great job Ray!

Now move Nisky to MIN for Clutter. Looks like we may move that 2nd to MIN now...based on what Russo is saying.

24champ
06-30-2013, 01:03 PM
Shero was just talking to Dean, saw it on the tv.

SoCalBronco
06-30-2013, 01:05 PM
Clutter would be great on the 3rd line with Sutter. I expect the 2nd or Nisky to get moved now. Maybe both....although I'd like to keep that 2nd if possible.

SoCalBronco
06-30-2013, 01:11 PM
COL takes MacKinnon first.

Florida less than pleased. Jones is a great consolation prize tho...unless they move it.

SoCalBronco
06-30-2013, 01:18 PM
FLA takes Barkov.

TB will get Jones....Drouin falls to 4th.

If I were PHI...I'd make a big move to go get Jones.

SoCalBronco
06-30-2013, 01:22 PM
TB takes Drouin.

Nashville will steal Jones.

SoCalBronco
06-30-2013, 01:27 PM
Nashville gets Jones to replace Suter.

Good for them.

Great D corps.

SoCalBronco
06-30-2013, 01:46 PM
Clutter to NYI...damn.

SoCalBronco
06-30-2013, 01:59 PM
Vancouver trades Schneider to NJ for 9.

24champ
06-30-2013, 02:02 PM
Wow, Schneider to the Devils for the 9th overall. Holy cow!

SoCalBronco
06-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Dallas gets great value at 10

I think Philly will take Zadorov or Morin next.

24champ
06-30-2013, 02:14 PM
Vancouver trades Schneider to NJ for 9.

Supposedly Edmonton offered a much bigger deal than the Devils. But they didnt want to deal Schneider in the same conference.

SoCalBronco
06-30-2013, 03:06 PM
Great pick for Detroit

SoCalBronco
06-30-2013, 03:20 PM
Feaster is having a McD like impact on the Flames.

OrangeSe7en
06-30-2013, 03:20 PM
The Flames reach even with a #28 pick coming. Kind of surprising.

Also, it's apparent they're valuing speed as they also tried to get MacKinnon.

24champ
06-30-2013, 03:23 PM
Feaster is having a McD like impact on the Flames.

Feaster is an idiot. Picks a guy that's ranked in the 40s-50s.

OrangeSe7en
06-30-2013, 03:46 PM
Avs pick is around the corner. I wonder what they'll do? Likely a defenseman. I also wonder if they'll trade someone for a pick today.

Chicago might trade down to pick up more picks. Bowman said he wants more picks.

gyldenlove
06-30-2013, 03:51 PM
Feaster is an idiot. Picks a guy that's ranked in the 40s-50s.

Feaster is exactly like McD, he has his own evaluation and it is pretty consistently wrong. He even said he loved the value and had the kid ranked in the top 10.

bpc
06-30-2013, 04:11 PM
Should be an exciting year. Couple things and being forthright, i'm not as up to date on the NHL as some of you guys... when does the new conference realignment take place? Any Avs fans care to predict what the lines will look like next year? Tough I know with FA and trades coming, but maybe something tentative based off adding McKinnon.

OrangeSe7en
06-30-2013, 04:25 PM
Should be an exciting year. Couple things and being forthright, i'm not as up to date on the NHL as some of you guys... when does the new conference realignment take place? Any Avs fans care to predict what the lines will look like next year? Tough I know with FA and trades coming, but maybe something tentative based off adding McKinnon.

Roy said he envisions MacKinnon being on the third line. Speculation is that Tanguay was added to be put alongside MacKinnon.

SoCalBronco
06-30-2013, 04:26 PM
Montreal gets the goalie....I'm sure Price will love that.

SoCalBronco
06-30-2013, 04:32 PM
Kings trade up for Zykov.

24champ
06-30-2013, 04:39 PM
What a steal for the kings!

Zykov's rankings:

Craig Button: No. 37 | NHL CS: No. 7 NAS | ISS: No. 19 | The Hockey News: No. 31 | McKeen's: No. 32

SoCalBronco
06-30-2013, 04:51 PM
PIT moved up to 44 to get Jarry the goaltender prospect.

gyldenlove
06-30-2013, 05:31 PM
Wow, so Holland made a great deal with San Jose to pick up a 2nd round pick while dropping down 2 spots in the 1st and still getting the guy he wants - just to set the record straight by picking up Todd Bertuzzi's multihandicapped nephew with that 2nd round pick, a guy who can't skate, score, fight, check, take faceoffs, look like a human being - I think the best thing I can say about him currently is that at least he hasn't snapped anyone's spine.

Lestat
06-30-2013, 05:45 PM
pretty happy with the Avs draft so far. i wanted a D man, forward and goalie and dammit we got em!

SoCalBronco
06-30-2013, 09:08 PM
The Letang extension was premature......there is some haggling re the limited NMC going on. Its not done.

Letang wanted a promise that he would not be moved this upcoming year before the limited NMC kicks in next year when the deal kicks in...and they said no. Obviously he is worried about signing the thing....and Shero sentencing him to Edmonton the next day.

chadta
07-01-2013, 06:16 AM
The Letang extension was premature......there is some haggling re the limited NMC going on. Its not done.

Letang wanted a promise that he would not be moved this upcoming year before the limited NMC kicks in next year when the deal kicks in...and they said no. Obviously he is worried about signing the thing....and Shero sentencing him to Edmonton the next day.

ive never understood the whole kick in on the nmc or ntc, why wait? as a player if you think you desereve one get it day one or you end up being traded before it kicks in and winning a stanley cup.

DivineLegion
07-01-2013, 07:28 AM
I can't tell if I'm upset about Andrej Sekera, or glad. JR swore that he was going to go out and get a guy who could play solid top for minutes and vastly improve our defense, but all he did was get another struggling Defensemen, that is constantly battling injury, that he sees as a project. Essentially Andrej Sekera is cheap, thus JR is happy, and we continue to field a miserable defense. McBain was next to worthless, so I'm not sad to see him go, but a second was steep.

Love the Lindholm pick. More to come.

SoCalBronco
07-01-2013, 08:58 AM
ive never understood the whole kick in on the nmc or ntc, why wait? as a player if you think you desereve one get it day one or you end up being traded before it kicks in and winning a stanley cup.

That's the thing. He is under contract one more year and that contract doesn't have any kind of NMC. There isn't a ton of trust between the two sides so he is thinking they might just want to sign and trade him to drive up the return on a trade.

I think this will get resolved by adding the same limited NMC to his last year as is in the next contract. That way the Pens could still sign and trade if that is their true intention but at the same time Letang could ensure he isn't traded to a hellhole since he can choose 15 teams he cant be moved to.

Smiling Assassin27
07-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Wow, so Holland made a great deal with San Jose to pick up a 2nd round pick while dropping down 2 spots in the 1st and still getting the guy he wants - just to set the record straight by picking up Todd Bertuzzi's multihandicapped nephew with that 2nd round pick, a guy who can't skate, score, fight, check, take faceoffs, look like a human being - I think the best thing I can say about him currently is that at least he hasn't snapped anyone's spine.

where are you, mr. nill?

24champ
07-01-2013, 10:28 AM
Best part of the draft yesterday was Luuuuuuuuu staying in Vancouver. What a circus in Vancouver.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m36hqeTA521ro168yo1_500.gif

SoCalBronco
07-01-2013, 10:31 AM
Best part of the draft yesterday was Luuuuuuuuu staying in Vancouver. What a circus in Vancouver.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m36hqeTA521ro168yo1_500.gif

Its going to be hilarious when he says he still wants to be traded.

Lestat
07-01-2013, 10:47 AM

he basically already did when he told TSN he thought the divorce was over and he was likely gone.
he couldn't even talk after the trade was announced.

SoCalBronco
07-01-2013, 10:57 AM
he basically already did when he told TSN he thought the divorce was over and he was likely gone.

As a practical matter he has no choice but to ultimately play.

Course....before that occurs he could turn it into a ****storm with a summer of back and forth sniping, with Torts calling him a puss a few times too as the cherry on top.

But eventually he has to play .....the owner isn't gonna buy him out and no one will trade for him. He isn't going to sacrifice game checks.

chadta
07-01-2013, 11:54 AM
That's the thing. He is under contract one more year and that contract doesn't have any kind of NMC. There isn't a ton of trust between the two sides so he is thinking they might just want to sign and trade him to drive up the return on a trade.

I think this will get resolved by adding the same limited NMC to his last year as is in the next contract. That way the Pens could still sign and trade if that is their true intention but at the same time Letang could ensure he isn't traded to a hellhole since he can choose 15 teams he cant be moved to.

ahhh didnt realize he had a year left

Lestat
07-01-2013, 12:34 PM
As a practical matter he has no choice but to ultimately play.

Course....before that occurs he could turn it into a ****storm with a summer of back and forth sniping, with Torts calling him a puss a few times too as the cherry on top.

But eventually he has to play .....the owner isn't gonna buy him out and no one will trade for him. He isn't going to sacrifice game checks.

that and it's against Roberto's personality. but i could see him snapping if Torts does his normal sniping at players BS.

Tombstone RJ
07-01-2013, 12:39 PM
Didn't Luongo win a Stanley Cup with the TB Lightning?

Tombstone RJ
07-01-2013, 12:40 PM
pretty happy with the Avs draft so far. i wanted a D man, forward and goalie and dammit we got em!

This McKinnon kid they drafted, 17 years old and 6' tall and 185lbs. Isn't that almost the exact same height and weight as one Joe Sakic when he played?

Ray Finkle
07-01-2013, 01:02 PM

nope, that was Khabulin.

Lestat
07-01-2013, 01:23 PM
This McKinnon kid they drafted, 17 years old and 6' tall and 185lbs. Isn't that almost the exact same height and weight as one Joe Sakic when he played?

it's close. Joe played at 195. i think he'll be closer to the 6-0 210 Forsberg played at than Sakic in the end.
with his game he'll need to get bigger and stronger. he's fast as hell and should eventually be a 40-50 goal scorer.

no, he's only played for the Islanders,Panthers and Canucks.
he's won just about every individual and international prize you can win except the Stanley Cup.

Nikolai Khabibulin won the cup with Tampa Bay.

DivineLegion
07-01-2013, 01:31 PM

Luongo played for the Florida Panthers.

Tombstone RJ
07-01-2013, 01:57 PM
What do you all think about the Vancouver/NJ trade? From what I've read, it suprised a lot of people and of course makes the Devils look like they stole a potential star goalie.

Lestat
07-01-2013, 02:07 PM
What do you all think about the Vancouver/NJ trade? From what I've read, it suprised a lot of people and of course makes the Devils look like they stole a potential star goalie.

they basically ensured they will have minimal drop off when Martin retires, which should be within the next 2 years.

gyldenlove
07-01-2013, 03:34 PM

Vancouver was not going to be able to move Luongo without either eating part of his salary cap hit or giving up something valuable to get rid of him. Getting rid of Schneider got them something good in return and solves the cluster**** they had going on.

NJ gets what appears to be an heir-apparent to Brodeur which they needed, but if Marty has ambitions of playing another 2 or 3 seasons they created a cluster**** in net. This puts a lot of pressure on Brodeur and the Devils to handle the situation with care.

Tombstone RJ
07-01-2013, 04:18 PM
wow, Martin Brodeur is old, like 40ish right? He needs to be thinking about coaching lol!

gyldenlove
07-01-2013, 04:27 PM
wow, Martin Brodeur is old, like 40ish right? He needs to be thinking about coaching lol!

He is so old he was on stage yesterday to announce the drafting of his own son.

OrangeSe7en
07-01-2013, 05:35 PM

I was debating whether they would have been better off taking Fucale at 32...or even Hagg. But overall, I agree with you. They did go heavy on defensemen.

OrangeSe7en
07-01-2013, 05:50 PM

It's not really a revelation that Luongo is weak stock.

Lestat
07-01-2013, 06:21 PM
It's not really a revelation that Luongo is weak stock.

well damn, i was trying to be nice about it but you just came out and said it LOL

I was debating whether they would have been better off taking Fucale at 32...or even Hagg. But overall, I agree with you. They did go heavy on defensemen.

i love Fucale but we needed a D man and Birgas is the top skating D man in the draft and the only skater better overall than him was MacKinnon.
plus we got Spencer Martin in the 3rd and he is a pefect Allaire goalie.

OrangeSe7en
07-01-2013, 07:07 PM
well damn, i was trying to be nice about it but you just came out and said it LOL

There's really no way to work around the edges on this. LOL. It is, what it is.

i love Fucale but we needed a D man and Birgas is the top skating D man in the draft and the only skater better overall than him was MacKinnon.
plus we got Spencer Martin in the 3rd and he is a pefect Allaire goalie.

Im not saying there's a definitive right or wrong answer here. Im not unhappy with Birgas, although, I question him being the top skating defenseman. I'd say that probably goes to Morrissey and a few other guys might be in the ballpark as well.

But, I guess, for me, it comes down to timelines. A goalie takes a few years. And so, it becomes a question of how long it will take Bigras to join the Avs and contribute in a significant way. If it takes Bigras 2 years and Fucale 3 years, but Fucale is an elite goalie while Bigras is a good/solid defenseman, I think Fucale would have been the better pick based on this alone. But another moving piece to this becomes Martin's progression.

I will say this though about Martin. He has almost the same save % as Fucale, yet his GAA is a full goal per game worse. This just says that the defense in front of him was signicantly worse than it was for Fucale. It also might say something about Halifax's high end forwards and their ability to control the puck. So, there's definitely some merit to the Martin pick. I kind of think he might have a 5 hole problem. Ive seen a few times where he didn't always get down. But this can change.

Lestat
07-01-2013, 07:19 PM
There's really no way to work around the edges on this. LOL. It is, what it is.

Im not saying there's a definitive right or wrong answer here. Im not unhappy with Birgas, although, I question him being the top skating defenseman. I'd say that probably goes to Morrissey and a few other guys might be in the ballpark as well.

But, I guess, for me, it comes down to timelines. A goalie takes a few years. And so, it becomes a question of how long it will take Bigras to join the Avs and contribute in a significant way. If it takes Bigras 2 years and Fucale 3 years, but Fucale is an elite goalie while Bigras is a good/solid defenseman, I think Fucale would have been the better pick based on this alone. But another moving piece to this becomes Martin's progression.

I will say this though about Martin. He has almost the same save % as Fucale, yet his GAA is a full goal per game worse. This just says that the defense in front of him was signicantly worse than it was for Fucale. It also might say something about Halifax's high end forwards and their ability to control the puck. So, there's definitely some merit to the Martin pick. I kind of think he might have a 5 hole problem. Ive seen a few times where he didn't always get down. But this can change.

oh Fucale if he reaches his potential will be a franchise goalie with Vezina potential. i wanted Comrie if we didn't get him but Bigras(i keep calling him Birgas for some reason) will have a bigger impact earlier than Fucale would.
Varly will do serious work under Allaire and Roy. so goalie is covered. but Siemins won't be up til next year most likely, then Bigras probably 2 seasons after that and our D is hurting so we needed to draft high and well on that.

OrangeSe7en
07-01-2013, 07:30 PM
oh Fucale if he reaches his potential will be a franchise goalie with Vezina potential. i wanted Comrie if we didn't get him but Bigras(i keep calling him Birgas for some reason) will have a bigger impact earlier than Fucale would.
Varly will do serious work under Allaire and Roy. so goalie is covered. but Siemins won't be up til next year most likely, then Bigras probably 2 seasons after that and our D is hurting so we needed to draft high and well on that.

Well, I keep hearing how O'Reilly will likely be moved at some point, presumably, for a defenseman. Who knows, there could be another asset moved as well for a defenseman.

If the Avs goals against is awful again, they'll get a high pick. It's kind of like a major league baseball team who drafts bats. They'll continue to get good picks until they draft quality pitching that can contribute fairly soon--no matter how many runs they score. Oddly, that's why it's justifiable to draft offense until you have a great offense. I actually, wouldnt be shocked if the Avs signed Ference or another solid defenseman. It kind of depends on the timeline the Avs mgt is willing to live with. If they didn't make a big splash in FA, it wouldnt bother me. The Avs are so, very young. I think it would make sense for them to sign a quality, experienced defenseman, however.

But having said that, I don't think you need elite defensemen. I'd rather have an elite goalie, good defensemen, and elite forwards than a good goalie, elite defensemen, and good forwards.

Lestat
07-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Well, I keep hearing how O'Reilly will likely be moved at some point, presumably, for a defenseman. Who knows, there could be another asset moved as well for a defenseman.

If the Avs goals against is awful again, they'll get a high pick. It's kind of like a major league baseball team who drafts bats. They'll continue to get good picks until they draft quality pitching that can contribute fairly soon--no matter how many runs they score. Oddly, that's why it's justifiable to draft offense until you have a great offense. I actually, wouldnt be shocked if the Avs signed Ference or another solid defenseman. It kind of depends on the timeline the Avs mgt is willing to live with. If they didn't make a big splash in FA, it wouldnt bother me. The Avs are so, very young. I think it would make sense for them to sign a quality, experienced defenseman, however.

But having said that, I don't think you need elite defensemen. I'd rather have an elite goalie, good defensemen, and elite forwards than a good goalie, elite defensemen, and good forwards.

my guess is we'll sign Hainsey or Scuderi. ROR can't be dealt until a year after he signed his offer sheet. that's many months away.
plus he's being moved to wing so i doubt it's him who gets moved.

canadianbroncosfan
07-01-2013, 09:47 PM

I think it surprised everyone not names John Tortorella. It was always rumored that Schenider was A.V.'s guy, this pretty much solidifies that.

24champ
07-01-2013, 09:56 PM
I think it surprised everyone not names John Tortorella. It was always rumored that Schenider was A.V.'s guy, this pretty much solidifies that.

Came away impressed with the Blackhawks dealings yesterday. Allowed them to keep their core and resign Bickel who got 4 mill/aav. Probably could have gotten 5.5 on the open market.

canadianbroncosfan
07-01-2013, 10:11 PM
Came away impressed with the Blackhawks dealings yesterday. Allowed them to keep their core and resign Bickel who got 4 mill/aav. Probably could have gotten 5.5 on the open market.

Mixed emotions about it. I loved Dave Bolland but understand the reality of the salary cap era NHL. So glad though that the made the move and got Bicks resigned. He adds so much to the top two lines.

SoCalBronco
07-01-2013, 10:37 PM
DiPietro being bought out.

That surprises me cause Wang is historically a cheap ass.

canadianbroncosfan
07-02-2013, 01:08 AM
DiPietro being bought out.

That surprises me cause Wang is historically a cheap ass.

Guy will make $1.5M a year for the next 16 years. Just sit back and let the money come in.

Baba Booey
07-02-2013, 07:41 AM
As a Devils fan I'm thrilled with the trade. He's probably better than Marty at the moment, and this'll give them a chance to rest Marty for half the season instead of riding him into the ground.

There were some big-name players available at #9 (I really wanted Nichushkin) but we're talking about a #1 goalie vs. a pick that isn't guaranteed to pan out.

I think if you put Schneider on last season's Devils team they make the playoffs. That ~12 game stretch when Marty went down really screwed them.

In other Devils news, Zubrus being resigned is huge (missed him big time for a good chunk of this year), an Elias contract looks all but done, and Clarkson looks poised to hit the open market.

Re: Clarkson, I'm not surprised. He overachieved big time in 11-12 and he's going to get paid because of it. He's the perfect third liner on a balanced team, but someone is probably going to give him $5 mill+. No thanks.

DivineLegion
07-02-2013, 07:45 AM
Guy will make $1.5M a year for the next 16 years. Just sit back and let the money come in.

Ah yes, if there is a sports agents hall of fame, DiPietros agent would have a Babe like shrine built in his honor.

gyldenlove
07-02-2013, 09:03 AM

It will be interesting to see how they address their roster with the cap space they created. Currently they have only 1 real center on the roster with Bolland gone, Handzus a free agents and Kruger an RFA. Will Maanta be the backup goalie or will they sign someone to replace Ray Emery?

canadianbroncosfan
07-02-2013, 09:17 AM

That would be awesome!

Baba Booey
07-02-2013, 10:55 AM
Dreger thinks Clarkson could get as much as $6.5 mil per.

Well, bye.

24champ
07-02-2013, 10:58 AM

Well, bye.

In this market?LOL

Ray Finkle
07-02-2013, 11:17 AM

Well, bye.

Clarkson's not even worth half that.....I feel sorry for the team that signs him to that (hoping for the Pens to see Socal nut over him).

SoCalBronco
07-02-2013, 01:05 PM
Clarkson's not even worth half that.....I feel sorry for the team that signs him to that (hoping for the Pens to see Socal nut over him).

We aren't going to offer any big deals. We are 8 under and need to sign a couple guys.

Ray Finkle
07-02-2013, 01:36 PM
We aren't going to offer any big deals. We are 8 under and need to sign a couple guys.

It's the Pens, the league allows bends the rules :flush:

gyldenlove
07-02-2013, 02:07 PM
LOL - so I guess Glendale city council will be voting on giving a boatload of cash and an arena to the stooges trying to buy the Coyotes. Apparently the proposed deal would saddle Glendale with all costs of servicing the debt for building the arena as well as making them pay 15 million a year to the hockey team to cover cost of arena management. The deal would be for 15 years as a guideline but with some sort of one-way opt out after 5 years which would allow the Coyotes to walk away. This structure was suggested as a way to give the team 5 years to establish hockey as a viable sport in Arizona.....

I am guessing the mayor Key Arena in Seattle is cackling gleefully about this.

24champ
07-02-2013, 02:34 PM
LOL - so I guess Glendale city council will be voting on giving a boatload of cash and an arena to the stooges trying to buy the Coyotes. Apparently the proposed deal would saddle Glendale with all costs of servicing the debt for building the arena as well as making them pay 15 million a year to the hockey team to cover cost of arena management. The deal would be for 15 years as a guideline but with some sort of one-way opt out after 5 years which would allow the Coyotes to walk away. This structure was suggested as a way to give the team 5 years to establish hockey as a viable sport in Arizona.....

I am guessing the mayor Key Arena in Seattle is cackling gleefully about this.

There's some shenanigans going on with COG, they amended the deal and we'll see if RSE (Potential Owners) agree with it.

They vote on the amended proposal tonight, and we'll see if RSE goes along with it. I doubt it, then again I am confused with this whole deal, what a cluster****.

LetsGoBroncos
07-02-2013, 02:44 PM
There's some shenanigans going on with COG, they amended the deal and we'll see if RSE (Potential Owners) agree with it.

They vote on the amended proposal tonight, and we'll see if RSE goes along with it. I doubt it, then again I am confused with this whole deal, what a cluster****.

I live in Phoenix...it is a disaster.

The city on Friday decided to include in the deal that they want the same 5 year out clause for the city that RSE has in the deal. The problem is the NHL will not allow that even if the city and RSE did agree to it. So at the moment it looks like they are voting tonight on that deal with the 5 year out clause for the city that the NHL wouldn't even go for. Makes no sense. It will never end.

http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/nhl/phoenix-coyotes/story/Glendale-council-vote-should-decide-Coyo?blockID=917023&feedID=3702

chadta
07-02-2013, 02:48 PM

that would be awesome

gyldenlove
07-02-2013, 02:55 PM

The city on Friday decided to include in the deal that they want the same 5 year out clause for the city that RSE has in the deal. The problem is the NHL will not allow that even if the city and RSE did agree to it. So at the moment it looks like they are voting tonight on that deal with the 5 year out clause for the city that the NHL wouldn't even go for. Makes no sense. It will never end.

http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/nhl/phoenix-coyotes/story/Glendale-council-vote-should-decide-Coyo?blockID=917023&feedID=3702

I don't understand why Bettman is so set on having hockey in Arizona? they NHL has poured damn near 100 million dollars down the toilet already and the longer this circus goes on the worse it is going to get.

24champ
07-02-2013, 03:11 PM

I believe it will end tonight, like gydenlove said. NHL has dumped millions of dollars into this thing and they are done with it. That's why there is a vote tonight because the NHL gave them a deadline, there will be no extensions and changes to the deal. The COG is voting on a amended deal, that I am not sure RSE will go for.

So my understanding of what could happen tonight is this:

COG doesn't get 4 votes on this, team moves to Seattle.

OR

COG votes for this, but RSE has a **** fit and throws the deal away. Team moves to Seattle.

OR

COG votes for this, RSE agrees. Team stays in Glendale for another 5 years. NHL probably won't go for this deal.

I don't see any good scenarios here.

LetsGoBroncos
07-02-2013, 04:11 PM
I believe it will end tonight, like gydenlove said. NHL has dumped millions of dollars into this thing and they are done with it. That's why there is a vote tonight because the NHL gave them a deadline, there will be no extensions and changes to the deal. The COG is voting on a amended deal, that I am not sure RSE will go for.

So my understanding of what could happen tonight is this:

COG doesn't get 4 votes on this, team moves to Seattle.

OR

COG votes for this, but RSE has a **** fit and throws the deal away. Team moves to Seattle.

OR

COG votes for this, RSE agrees. Team stays in Glendale for another 5 years. NHL probably won't go for this deal.

I don't see any good scenarios here.

Councilman Sherwood who is in favor of the deal was just on the radio. He said they can make amendments to the deal tonight such as removing the out clause that the NHL won't go for and then they can vote on the deal. He said he is cautiously optimistic it will pass 4-3.

The team has not had stable ownership since they moved into the new arena. Before people make a judgement on if it can work here I would like to see 3-4 years of stable ownership in place.

Lestat
07-02-2013, 04:15 PM
ugh! i'd love to see the Coyotes stay but if the city is gonna keep dicking them around then let them move to Seattle.

chadta
07-02-2013, 04:42 PM
Letang deal done...

The Pittsburgh Penguins have officially agreed to an eight-year contract extension with defenceman Kris Letang.

The $58-million deal begins with the 2014-15 season and runs through 2021-22.

The contract averages $7.25 million per season.

A nominee for the NHL's Norris Trophy this season, Letang led all NHL defencemen in assists (33) and was tied for the lead in points (38).

The six-foot, 201-pound Montreal native established career highs during the post-season with three goals and 13 assists.

In 385 career games, the 26-year-old Letang has 44 goals and 165 assists.

but i wont laugh to loud because @DarrenDreger just read from his text live on #TSNDrive ..Asked Flyers source "Did you guys get Lecavalier?" Answer:"Yes"

Source says 5 year $23.5 mill for Lecavalier as a Flyer. checking on that per Tim P.

I guess 4.7 per isnt bad for vinny, not sure if he can play goal at this point in his career or not tho.

If i know homer tho thats at a 3 year with full NMC not a 5 year deal

Smiling Assassin27
07-02-2013, 04:48 PM
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 4m

5 years, $4.5 per for Vinny in Philly confirmed.

SoCalBronco
07-02-2013, 04:49 PM
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 4m

5 years, $4.5 per for Vinny in Philly confirmed.

That's a lot of years,...but the salary is about right.

chadta
07-02-2013, 04:52 PM
Before people make a judgement on if it can work here I would like to see 3-4 years of stable ownership in place.

they've had 15 years, if you cant sort that out in that time, to bad, the jets didnt get 15 years to sort things out, the nordiques didnt, the whalers didnt, the thrashers didnt, enough already just move the team and be done with it.

Smiling Assassin27
07-02-2013, 04:53 PM
That's a lot of years,...but the salary is about right.

Way too many years for a guy that's what, 34 and already not that fast? But there's always teams that will overreach for guys like this. Also got a full no trade/move clause.

chadta
07-02-2013, 04:55 PM
Way too many years for a guy that's what, 34 and already not that fast? But there's always teams that will overreach for guys like this. Also got a full no trade/move clause.

homer doesn't know how to write a contract without a NMC

hes just hoping the deal is long enough to take them to the next lockout, and amnesty buyout period

SoCalBronco
07-02-2013, 04:56 PM

The last part is the key. I'm surprised that Homer still gives those away like its candy.

Lestat
Tim Panaccio @tpanotchCSN
Source says 5 year $23.5 mill for Lecavalier as a Flyer. checking on that

please lord, never fire Holmgren. it's too good.

Smiling Assassin27
flyers will be better next year. don't they still have about $4M from Pronger's LTIR to spend on a goalie?

chadta
07-02-2013, 05:05 PM
flyers will be better next year. don't they still have about $4M from Pronger's LTIR to spend on a goalie?

they have all 5 from pronger to spend on a goalie, but cant spend it until the season starts, cuz hes not on LTIR until then, and his cap hit eats up the 10% summer overage, with the cap dropping, and everybody having NMC.

I fully expect this move will mean couts and one of mez or coburn gets moved now for a D.

I just really really hope that the rumored tim tomas signing isnt true, I may have to take a year off of hockey

SoCalBronco
07-02-2013, 05:17 PM
they have all 5 from pronger to spend on a goalie, but cant spend it until the season starts, cuz hes not on LTIR until then, and his cap hit eats up the 10% summer overage, with the cap dropping, and everybody having NMC.

I fully expect this move will mean couts and one of mez or coburn gets moved now for a D.

I just really really hope that the rumored tim tomas signing isnt true, I may have to take a year off of hockey

Why don't you want him? He is old and had a year off but is still prolly solid.

chadta
07-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Why don't you want him? He is old and had a year off but is still prolly solid.

hes like 40 dood, and the reality is as long as we play the same pond hockey system that you guys play it dont matter who we put in net.

chadta
07-02-2013, 05:24 PM
http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=676253

its official

canadianbroncosfan
07-02-2013, 05:32 PM
hes like 40 dood, and the reality is as long as we play the same pond hockey system that you guys play it dont matter who we put in net.

If I had to guess, it would be that he was being sarcastic.

chadta
07-02-2013, 05:39 PM
If I had to guess, it would be that he was being sarcastic.

naw, he still thinks MAF is a good goalie, that pretty well proves he dont know goalies

OrangeSe7en
07-02-2013, 06:18 PM
The Avs cut Hunwick loose today. 1. They had to free up #22 for someone new. 2. It's Matt Hunwick.

gyldenlove
07-02-2013, 06:22 PM
Carlo Coliaiaocovocoao is being bought out in Detroit - if anyone needs a defenseman who can play 2nd pairing time in 17 games per season he is your guy.

SoCalBronco
07-02-2013, 09:56 PM
PIT resigns Pascal Dupuis. 4 years...AAV 3.75.

Salary is ok, term is too much.

Negative in this is that DB will use it as an excuse to keep Bennett off of Crosbys line which pisses the whole fanbase off.

We are in good shape cap wise for 14-15 despite what the alarmists say. What they are forgetting is that one half of the top six on defense will be comprised of Olli Maatta Brian Dumoulin and Scott Harrington. They make a combined 2.7m. And the top six at forward is more or less set, the only real signing needed is Sutter as the 3C. The rest of the open spots with one exception is just 3rd and 4th liners. Not a big deal.....that's filler anyway.

24champ
07-02-2013, 11:59 PM
Dustin Nielson ‏@nielson1260 15s

Glendale City Council is on the verge of keeping the Coyotes while at the same time they have trouble fueling their fire trucks. Smart.

SoCalBronco
07-03-2013, 12:39 AM
Lol

Lestat
07-03-2013, 08:12 AM
The Avs cut Hunwick loose today. 1. They had to free up #22 for someone new. 2. It's Matt Hunwick.

oh it was Zanon too. let's not let that get lost in the excitement of dumping Hunwick.

even crazier than that... the Avs are thinking of keeping Bigras on the NHL roster. apparently we had him ranked as the #14 prospect on our draft list.
never really heard of a 2nd round D man making the roster in his first year.

Smiling Assassin27
07-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Carlo Coliaiaocovocoao is being bought out in Detroit - if anyone needs a defenseman who can play 2nd pairing time in 17 games per season he is your guy.

Too bad, in a sense. Granted, DeKeyser can probably fill his spot, but Cola did have a solid playoff run, he just costs too much per year. Would love him in Detroit at a lower price, but we move on.

Hercules Rockefeller
07-03-2013, 02:11 PM
1st Team NHL All-Stars

C- Crosby
LW- Kunitz
RW- Ovy
D- Subban and Suter
G- Bobrovsky

Ovy becomes only the 2nd player in NHL history (Messier) to be named 1st Team All-Star at 2 different positions (LW and RW) in their career. He was also named 2nd Team All-Star at LW today.

24champ
07-03-2013, 05:36 PM
Flyers sign Vinny Lecavlier, 5 years 4.5 aav and FULL NMC.

Don't know why they signed Vinny, they are already well set at the Center position and have more pressing needs...term is long and full NMC.

Pierre Lebrun also says Scuderi is going to move east if he can't come to terms with the Kings. I am thinking he is going to the Islanders back to his Hometown.

OrangeSe7en
07-03-2013, 05:44 PM
oh it was Zanon too. let's not let that get lost in the excitement of dumping Hunwick.

even crazier than that... the Avs are thinking of keeping Bigras on the NHL roster. apparently we had him ranked as the #14 prospect on our draft list.
never really heard of a 2nd round D man making the roster in his first year.

I guess it's a combination of it being a deep draft and the Avs' defense being really bad. I guess it's also partly due to his skill set. They probably have confidence that he's not going to make a lot of costly mistakes. His skating also helps keep him out of trouble.

But you're right. It's unusual.

BTW, what do you think about the '14 draft? There's a part of me that's OK with letting the young Avs team take their licks one more year. Maybe they can draft McKeown or even Eckblad? I don't necessarily hope the Avs draft him but I'm somewhat intrigued by "The German Gretzky". But Bigras and Eckblad would be some nice building blocks to go with the offensive pieces.

OrangeSe7en
07-03-2013, 08:44 PM
So a little bit of drama is brewing in Denver. Hunwick and Zanon went unclaimed. The Avs basically announced that they no longer want these guys. There are some guys in the pipeline they're high on as replacements. Plus there's their recent draft pick, which, evidently, is also in the mix to be with the NHL club. The Avs aren't up against the salary cap either. It kind of seems like they've already decided to take their lumps and let younger guys play on the back end. Do they keep them with the NHL club and limit their ice time, do they trade them, or do they send them to the minors? It's not like their salaries are jamming anything up since the Avs arent against the cap and these guys' salaries expire soon.

OrangeSe7en
07-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Well, I have one thought on why the NHL doesnt want the Coyotes to become the Salmon. It's the same reason the SEC only wants one team in FL but they also want at least one team in TX and MO. They're slaves to advertisers and tv networks. It's not hard to zero in on this. And for the NHL to go from Arizona to Seattle, which pillages Vancouver's market, it has to be dire. But luckily for the NHL, another American city (like Miami and the Marlins ballpark deal) caves to "big time sports".

Aftermath
07-03-2013, 09:26 PM
Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
Schenn - Lecavalier - Simmonds
Gagne - Couturier - Read
Talbot - Laughton - Rinaldo

Timonen - Schenn
Streit - Coburn
Gustafsson - Grossmann

Thomas
Mason

Stanley Cup

OrangeSe7en
07-03-2013, 09:36 PM
Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
Schenn - Lecavalier - Simmonds
Gagne - Couturier - Read
Talbot - Laughton - Rinaldo

Timonen - Schenn
Streit - Coburn
Gustafsson - Grossmann

Thomas
Mason

Stanley Cup

Sorry, I don't see that being good enough to beat Chicago.

OrangeSe7en
07-03-2013, 09:45 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like the NHL network is really the east coast hockey network. Seriously, all they do is talk about the Islanders and Penguins. Even the Blackhawks get scarce mention.

Tombstone RJ
07-03-2013, 09:55 PM
Well, I have one thought on why the NHL doesnt want the Coyotes to become the Salmon. It's the same reason the SEC only wants one team in FL but they also want at least one team in TX and MO. They're slaves to advertisers and tv networks. It's not hard to zero in on this. And for the NHL to go from Arizona to Seattle, which pillages Vancouver's market, it has to be dire. But luckily for the NHL, another American city (like Miami and the Marlins ballpark deal) caves to "big time sports".

100% agree. Glendale basically bent over backwards to keep the yotes and the NHL wisely said "ok." The reason being is that an NHL team in Seattle will just suck Vancouver fans away and it's not like a Seattle NHL team is gonna be something big marketing wise for the NHL. It's a pretty tapped out market. OTOH, Phoenix can get all the fans from AZ, plus stragglers from NM and UT. Add in the fact that well, maybe, some people in Mexico might watch the team too and it just make sense to keep a team in PHX.

Anyhow, my 2 cents...

Tombstone RJ
07-03-2013, 10:01 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like the NHL network is really the east coast hockey network. Seriously, all they do is talk about the Islanders and Penguins. Even the Blackhawks get scarce mention.

Islanders is surprising, I'd think they'd follow the Rangers and the Devils ad nauseum... I'm not sure why the pens get so much love other than Crosby who is the poster boy for the NHL.

SoCalBronco
07-03-2013, 10:11 PM
The Islanders will be a very good team going forward. Now they added Clutterbuck, they will be even nastier...and have alot of team speed and young talent. If they get a good goalie, they will be a perennial playoff team.

OrangeSe7en
07-03-2013, 10:28 PM
The Islanders will be a very good team going forward. Now they added Clutterbuck, they will be even nastier...and have alot of team speed and young talent. If they get a good goalie, they will be a perennial playoff team.

Well, as an Avs fan, if the NYIs are going to roll the dice on Tim Thomas, I immediately want to trade with them for a 1st that doesnt involve Duchene, Parenteau, MacKinnon, or Bigras. The NYIs totally resemble a team that can go from being in the playoffs to being one of the wost teams.

bpc
07-03-2013, 10:29 PM
NHL is down two teams in the west/Midwest. They will have to do something. Gonna be interesting. I think KC could support a team with no NBA franchise. Seattle would be a good market but agree it would hurt Vancouver.

Portland/Utah don't make sense based on smaller markets & NBA franchises.

Lestat
07-03-2013, 11:13 PM
100% agree. Glendale basically bent over backwards to keep the yotes and the NHL wisely said "ok." The reason being is that an NHL team in Seattle will just suck Vancouver fans away and it's not like a Seattle NHL team is gonna be something big marketing wise for the NHL. It's a pretty tapped out market. OTOH, Phoenix can get all the fans from AZ, plus stragglers from NM and UT. Add in the fact that well, maybe, some people in Mexico might watch the team too and it just make sense to keep a team in PHX.

Anyhow, my 2 cents...

i don't think it's so much that they don't want to move the team from phoenix.
it simply doesn't make sense to give Seattle a hockey team with a NBA team there as well.
remember, the stadium deal is based upon getting both a NBA team first and then a NHL team later. Seattle would be ideal for a NHL franchise but not without a NBA team to help ensure cooperation from the city.

So a little bit of drama is brewing in Denver. Hunwick and Zanon went unclaimed. The Avs basically announced that they no longer want these guys. There are some guys in the pipeline they're high on as replacements. Plus there's their recent draft pick, which, evidently, is also in the mix to be with the NHL club. The Avs aren't up against the salary cap either. It kind of seems like they've already decided to take their lumps and let younger guys play on the back end. Do they keep them with the NHL club and limit their ice time, do they trade them, or do they send them to the minors? It's not like their salaries are jamming anything up since the Avs arent against the cap and these guys' salaries expire soon.

no drama, send both of those mother****ers to Lake Eerie and save 1.8 mil on the cap.
Hunwick is he was playing and paid like a 7th or 8th D man would be fine. but he was playing well above his station and paid above it as well.
even worse is that some Avs fans tried to argue that he was better than Johnson last year.

SoCalBronco
07-04-2013, 12:22 PM
PHI close to extending Giroux. Apparently it's 8 years with AAV around 8.3.

gyldenlove
07-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Rumors have it a trade with Loui Erikson going from Dallas to Boston for Tyler Seguin, there are other parts involved as well but those are unknown as of yet.

Edit, the deal is Peverly and Seguin for Joe Morrow and Loui Erikson, each team is throwing in some lower ranked prospects for balance.

That is a good haul for Nill, aside from that retarded gonchar contract he is really off to a hot start in big D.

chadta
07-04-2013, 06:11 PM
And for the NHL to go from Arizona to Seattle, which pillages Vancouver's market, it has to be dire.

100% agree. Glendale basically bent over backwards to keep the yotes and the NHL wisely said "ok." The reason being is that an NHL team in Seattle will just suck Vancouver fans away

Seattle would be a good market but agree it would hurt Vancouver.

You guys are all on crack. a Seattle team would do absolutely nothing to the attendance figures for the Canucks.

The canucks have a waiting list for season tickets, and have been sold out for almost 500 straight games

The biggest problem with seattle is the building, the 2 other teams that played in rinks that only held 11,000 people both almost went bankrupt, ask the sharks or the sens how it is to start off in such a deep hole.

http://seattle.curbed.com/archives/2013/06/can-keyarena-support-an-nhl-hockey-game.php

Vancouver fans would actually help fill the building in seattle, at least a few games, not that its hard to fill a building thats only going to hold 11,000 people.

For the love of GOD homer, dont give Giroux an 8 year deal worth that stupid amount of money off one good year, see what he does this year, if its back to what he did in 11-12 then fine do it, but if last year is what we get its a massive overpayment as he was just a good player and nowhere near elite last year.

gyldenlove
07-04-2013, 06:15 PM
Horkoff has been traded to Dallas for a pick according to rumors, that would really shore up the top 6 in Dallas. Seguin, Benn, Horkoff, Whitney, Peverly, Cole and Fiddler.

SoCalBronco
07-04-2013, 07:09 PM
You guys are all on crack. a Seattle team would do absolutely nothing to the attendance figures for the Canucks.

The canucks have a waiting list for season tickets, and have been sold out for almost 500 straight games

The biggest problem with seattle is the building, the 2 other teams that played in rinks that only held 11,000 people both almost went bankrupt, ask the sharks or the sens how it is to start off in such a deep hole.

http://seattle.curbed.com/archives/2013/06/can-keyarena-support-an-nhl-hockey-game.php

Vancouver fans would actually help fill the building in seattle, at least a few games, not that its hard to fill a building thats only going to hold 11,000 people.

For the love of GOD homer, dont give Giroux an 8 year deal worth that stupid amount of money off one good year, see what he does this year, if its back to what he did in 11-12 then fine do it, but if last year is what we get its a massive overpayment as he was just a good player and nowhere near elite last year.

He's a really good player..and the face of the team...you have no choice but to give him what he wants dude.

gyldenlove
07-04-2013, 07:20 PM
He's a really good player..and the face of the team...you have no choice but to give him what he wants dude.

I feel like not so many years ago people were saying similar things about Mike Richards and Jeff Carter.....

SoCalBronco
07-04-2013, 07:24 PM
I wonder what is going on with Joe Morrow that he got moved by two different teams so quickly. At one time he was totally untouchable and was the PP QB of the future.

gyldenlove
07-04-2013, 07:46 PM
I wonder what is going on with Joe Morrow that he got moved by two different teams so quickly. At one time he was totally untouchable and was the PP QB of the future.

His transition to the AHL wasn't as impressive as it could have been.

gyldenlove
07-04-2013, 08:02 PM
Wow, 8 years, 8.25 per year and full NMC for Giroux.

SoCalBronco
07-04-2013, 08:12 PM

Lol....is anyone not going to get a NMC from Homer?

24champ
07-04-2013, 09:51 PM

Vinny and Giroux get full NMC, no player trusts homer. Can't really blame them with the lies Homer spewed over the last couple years.

Lestat
07-04-2013, 10:33 PM
Dallas getting better makes me sick. mostly because it's a Red Wing shaping them up.

chadta
07-05-2013, 05:11 AM
Vinny and Giroux get full NMC, no player trusts homer. Can't really blame them with the lies Homer spewed over the last couple years.

exactly, while he did good getting out from under carter and richards before they kicked in, now it makes it even more of a deal breaker for guys, if they dont get it he can piss off.

In other news, adam hall resigned for a year, brierre signed with montreal, and the leafs bought out grabovski.

Lestat
07-05-2013, 09:36 AM

i think it's just that he's a useful trade chip to get what you want/need.
D men take a while to develop and i doubt anyone has given up on him.
he just needs more time than most initially expected.

Smiling Assassin27
07-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Daniel Alfredsson's signing a one year deal in Detroit. Cuz apparently, we didn't have enough old guys on the ice.

Smiling Assassin27
07-05-2013, 10:22 AM
Nathan Horton signing in Columbus.

Alfie deal is a one year deal at 3.5M, up to 5.5M with bonuses.

gyldenlove
07-05-2013, 10:28 AM
Daniel Alfredsson's signing a one year deal in Detroit. Cuz apparently, we didn't have enough old guys on the ice.

Nothing says, I learned my lesson about signing old guys when Samuelson and Bertuzzi combined for 2 points despite getting 5 million than going out and giving up to 5 million for a 40 year old.

Smiling Assassin27
07-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Nothing says, I learned my lesson about signing old guys when Samuelson and Bertuzzi combined for 2 points despite getting 5 million than going out and giving up to 5 million for a 40 year old.

and at the expense of Brunner, most likely. cleary's headed to dallas, apparently.

Smiling Assassin27
07-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 1m

Ryane Clowe with Devils. 5 year / 4.85 AAV. #RDS

Smiling Assassin27
07-05-2013, 10:58 AM
Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins 1m

BREAKING NEWS: The Pittsburgh Penguins have signed defenseman Rob Scuderi to a four-year contract.

Ray Finkle
07-05-2013, 11:03 AM
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 1m

Ryane Clowe with Devils. 5 year / 4.85 AAV. #RDS

Awful deal for a guy coming off 3 concussions in one season

24champ
07-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins 1m

BREAKING NEWS: The Pittsburgh Penguins have signed defenseman Rob Scuderi to a four-year contract.

4 years/ 3.375 AAV. Term is a little long but good cap hit. Kings supposedly offered more money but Scuds was set on moving back East.

gyldenlove
07-05-2013, 11:29 AM
4 years/ 3.375 AAV. Term is a little long but good cap hit. Kings supposedly offered more money but Scuds was set on moving back East.

That is definitely cheaper than I thought he would go, but I guess he gave a discount.

gyldenlove
07-05-2013, 11:30 AM
and at the expense of Brunner, most likely. cleary's headed to dallas, apparently.

I am not too upset about Brunner, his skating just wasn't good enough. In the regular season he was able to get into open spots and snipe, but in the playoffs he was really invisible for most of the time because he couldn't get open against the tighter checking.

Smiling Assassin27
07-05-2013, 12:23 PM
Bob McKenzie ✔ @TSNBobMcKenzie

Stephen Weiss to DET is done. 5 years, $4.9M.

Lestat
07-05-2013, 01:07 PM
ugh! Avs sign a journeyman D man and a AHL D man in FA. that's really improving the D....

gyldenlove
07-05-2013, 01:10 PM
ugh! Avs sign a journeyman D man and a AHL D man in FA. that's really improving the D....

You can have Kyle Quincey back.

Lestat
07-05-2013, 01:22 PM
You can have Kyle Quincey back.

hell no! you keep that Avs hating bitch in Detroit!

Smiling Assassin27
07-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Red Wings News Feed ‏@RedWingsFeed 5m

Filppula lands in Tampa Bay: five years, $25 million

gyldenlove
07-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Red Wings News Feed ‏@RedWingsFeed 5m

Filppula lands in Tampa Bay: five years, $25 million

5 million seems to be going rate for a 30 year old 2nd liner this year. Bozak, Weiss, Flip, Clarkson, Clowe.

Lestat
07-05-2013, 01:29 PM
i get the distinct feeling that another lockout is coming soon. unless that next TV deal is really fat.

Smiling Assassin27
07-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m

As per @DarrenDreger, Bobby Ryan to the Ottawa Senators for Silverberg, Noesen and a 1st rd pick

Lestat
07-05-2013, 01:32 PM
damn Sens got Bobby Ryan from the Ducks. huge get for them to replace Danny A.

gyldenlove
07-05-2013, 01:37 PM
damn Sens got Bobby Ryan from the Ducks. huge get for them to replace Danny A.

A good deal for both teams, although it doesn't do much for the ducks right now.

bronco militia
07-05-2013, 01:40 PM
hell no! you keep that Avs hating b**** in Detroit!

if the avs are going to replace journeymen with journeymen id take him back

ZZZ...

gyldenlove
07-05-2013, 01:41 PM
Please please please some team sign Danny Cleary so there is absolutely no chance of him ever playing in Detroit again.

Smiling Assassin27
07-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Please please please some team sign Danny Cleary so there is absolutely no chance of him ever playing in Detroit again.

with ryan gone, cleary will fit in nicely at Disneyland. or the igloo.

Lestat
07-05-2013, 01:46 PM
if the avs are going to replace journeymen with journeymen id take him back

ZZZ...

even with that... no, HELL NO! there is a reason we dealt his ass. he was talking **** about the Avs from the minute his ass was broomed.

24champ
07-05-2013, 01:55 PM
The West just got easier to play in today. Good news for the Kings.

Ray Finkle
07-05-2013, 01:56 PM
The West just got easier to play in today. Good news for the Kings.

I don't know. I think silferberg (or how ever you spell it) is a stud.

chadta
07-05-2013, 03:03 PM
5 million seems to be going rate for a 30 year old 2nd liner this year. Bozak, Weiss, Flip, Clarkson, Clowe.

that vinny deal dont look so bad now,

emery signs with the flyers, gagne is close to resigning, giroux deal done

gyldenlove
07-05-2013, 03:39 PM
that vinny deal dont look so bad now,

emery signs with the flyers, gagne is close to resigning, giroux deal done

The NMC and the injury questions are the biggest concerns with the Vinny deal.

SoCalBronco
07-05-2013, 04:04 PM
PIT brings Rob Scuderi back for a 2nd tour. 4/13.5. AAV 3.38

"The piece"

Niskanen will be moved shortly.

Per DB....Scuds will be paired with Letang. This means Martin/Despres....with Orpik bumped to the 3rd pairing.

Jekyll15Hyde
07-06-2013, 12:00 AM

Glad to see a realistic take on this from a wings fan. Already heard my fill of 'Holland is the greatest', 'Wings ready for cup run', etc etc etc from this move.

This is a terrible signing and terrible $$ to boot. So I like it. Actually, i love it!

Interesting to see who else they sign as they need some size and physicality to keep up in the East.

Beantown Bronco
07-06-2013, 06:05 AM
Nice to see Iggy finally came to his senses. :)

OrangeSe7en
07-06-2013, 08:58 AM
i get the distinct feeling that another lockout is coming soon. unless that next TV deal is really fat.

I think the worst contracts were Clarkson and Clowe. And what's scary is that Clarkson might have left money on the table. Hopefully, it's just a handful of teams that are driving this. Glad the Avs aren't adding to it. Boston's signing of Iginla and Detroits of Alfredsson aren't bad since they're one year deals. Clarkson at 7 years, however. WTH!

Ference's salary was a little low but the years were long. I guess that was the compromise.

Lestat
07-06-2013, 09:20 AM
I think the worst contracts were Clarkson and Clowe. And what's scary is that Clarkson might have left money on the table. Hopefully, it's just a handful of teams that are driving this. Glad the Avs aren't adding to it. Boston's signing of Iginla and Detroits of Alfredsson aren't bad since they're one year deals. Clarkson at 7 years, however. WTH!

Ference's salary was a little low but the years were long. I guess that was the compromise.

the amount of money spent in the first few hours was more than last season by almost 60 mil. granted most were waiting on Suter and Parise last year. but 360+ mil spent in the first few hours of FA is nuts.

gyldenlove
07-06-2013, 09:48 AM
the amount of money spent in the first few hours was more than last season by almost 60 mil. granted most were waiting on Suter and Parise last year. but 360+ mil spent in the first few hours of FA is nuts.

I think the much worse thing is how many millions teams are paying players to NOT play, guys like Dipietro, Lecavalier, Colaisdicovcocowiai, Komisarek, Briere. I think between them, teams spend nearly 80 million paying guys to not play hockey this year.

Lestat
07-06-2013, 09:53 AM
I think the much worse thing is how many millions teams are paying players to NOT play, guys like Dipietro, Lecavalier, Colaisdicovcocowiai, Komisarek, Briere. I think between them, teams spend nearly 80 million paying guys to not play hockey this year.

i think it was closer to 90 when you add it all up including the semi minor names.

chadta
07-06-2013, 09:58 AM
Nice to see Iggy finally came to his senses. :)

he had enough of cindy, he had to leave

what about horton, i mean hes been out most of the last few years with a concussion, and he gets 7 years at 5 mil, good god.

Lestat
07-06-2013, 10:07 AM

what about horton, i mean hes been out most of the last few years with a concussion, and he gets 7 years at 5 mil, good god.

and he's gonna have shoulder surgery which will keep him out til september.
but still... he's a good player when healthy. not 5.3 mil good but if you're the Jackets you don't have a choice.

but 7 years... mercy you have to be hella stupid.

gyldenlove
07-06-2013, 10:15 AM

I think some teams more than others have really stretched far to keep cap numbers around the magical 5, and that includes Clarkson and Horton getting 7 year deals. I think the worst deal is the Clarkson deal, he is a 1 time 30 goal scorer in a season he spend playing a LOT of minutes next to Patrick Elias. He is basically a 40 point guy who is making 5 million+ for the next 7 years to center a 2nd line presumably with Kadri and either JVR or Lupul. I love how Nonis said that if he doesn't score 30 goals, they are still comfortable with him, but I guess it is not like he has much choice.

OrangeSe7en
07-06-2013, 11:32 AM

Forgot about that. Good call. Although, I will say that, if your Columbus and you're not generally a destination for big FAs, it's a little more forgiveable. But teams like Toronto and New Jersey can do better than Clarkson or Clowe. Maybe not this year but just because they have the money and the cap space, that doesn't mean they should spend it. Thats how things get out of control. And, unfortunately Toronto is a franchise with some cache so when it gets bogged down by its stupid decisions with player contracts, there might be more pressure to have another lockout so they can supersize their provisions to get out of bad contracts.

SoCalBronco
07-06-2013, 11:36 AM
NJD way overpaid for Clowe. 4.85 for 5 years...damn. Clarksons deal is awful too.

Neal is a steal at 5m...for four more years.