09-13-2012, 09:41 PM
Jay Cutler: 11-27 126 yards 1 TD 4 ints, 7 Sacks

Marshall: 2 - 24 yards.

:egbgb:

And a dropped pass in the EZ...

:Broncos:

theAPAOps5
09-13-2012, 09:43 PM
A blatant drop in the end zone too for Marshall. To think, I read just a few days ago how these two are deadly and are going to beast this year.

The silver lining in the **** that was McD, was dumping these two asshats!

Kaylore
09-13-2012, 09:43 PM
Green Bay is his Waterloo.

DENVERDUI55
09-13-2012, 09:44 PM
It's not his fault Kaylore.

Archedamian
What was his QB rating?

Agamemnon
Weren't these guys the two big pieces in that elite offense we should be rocking right now? Hmm...

bronco militia
jay was sacked at least 4 times by a 4 man rush....he was terrible in the pocket

Broncos_OTM
09-13-2012, 09:45 PM
clay Matthews is beast

Harvitz81
09-13-2012, 09:45 PM
I started frown cannon in fantasy. Should've started whoever his backup was. Would have got more points....

Archedamian
09-13-2012, 09:47 PM
Is Forte out for season?

bronco militia
09-13-2012, 09:47 PM
I started frown cannon in fantasy. Should've started whoever his backup was. Would have got more points....

me too :cuss:...I should have started RGIII

enjolras
09-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Watching Cutler really makes me appreciate what Manning does. Jay still has a ton of trouble pre-snap. Where Manning get back and gets the ball out quickly, Cutler just sits back there and gives guys like Matthews the chance to use their tenacity to get around the tackle and get in for the sack.

The Bears have a ton of issues up-front (we saw that in the preseason) but Cutler does nothing to help them.

theAPAOps5
09-13-2012, 09:49 PM

Aaron Rodgers didn't rack up any points again either.

Meck77
09-13-2012, 09:49 PM
Jake Plummer> Jay Cutler....:)

Paging taco..paging taco...

The heck with cutler/tebow. I think it will all be worth. All the stress some of you put yourselves through battling one another around here. *shrug* Go Broncos!

Agamemnon
09-13-2012, 09:50 PM
My FF opponent this week started Cutler. Hilarious!

mwill07
09-13-2012, 09:51 PM
I didn't see any timing routes - cutler has to see his receiver be open before he chucks it. It's like watching Tebow, only with a spiral.

one, two, three, ball should be out. cutler is holding too long, apparently worried about the rush.

maven
09-13-2012, 09:51 PM
me too :cuss:...I should have started RGIII

Why would u guys draft and start this turd?

Hilarious!

Agamemnon
09-13-2012, 09:52 PM
Watching Cutler really makes me appreciate what Manning does. Jay still has a ton of trouble pre-snap. Where Manning get back and gets the ball out quickly, Cutler just sits back there and gives guys like Matthews the chance to use their tenacity to get around the tackle and get in for the sack.

The Bears have a ton of issues up-front (we saw that in the preseason) but Cutler does nothing to help them.

The Bears o-line + Cutler = pure suck. No other way to describe it.

Harvitz81
Aaron Rodgers didn't rack up any points again either.

At least he was in the positive points. Jay had me at -3 for this evenings crapfest.

How in the **** did I end up with both Frown Cannon And Phyllis as my QBs?? They are quite possibly the 2 QBs I hate most in this league.

bronco militia

The heck with cutler/tebow. I think it will all be worth. All the stress some of you put yourselves through battling one another around here. *shrug* Go Broncos!

jay cutler>time tebow>kyle orton>

anway

PEYTON MOTHER ****ING MANNING!!!

errand
09-13-2012, 09:53 PM

Makes you wonder...we were 7-4 when Mike made the switch from Jake to Jay. Plummer is probably laughing his ass off these days....humming a Toby Keith tune.

bronco militia
09-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Why would u guys draft and start this turd?

Hilarious!

uhhh, fantasy football? it's not real.

plus our league doesn't count INT's ;D

Archedamian
09-13-2012, 09:56 PM
QB rating of 28.2

theAPAOps5
09-13-2012, 09:59 PM
At least he was in the positive points. Jay had me at -3 for this evenings crapfest.

How in the **** did I end up with both Frown Cannon And Phyllis as my QBs?? They are quite possibly the 2 QBs I hate most in this league.

Well, I had Mason Crosby too. He scored me 14! Guy I am playing had Marshall. LOL

Agamemnon
09-13-2012, 10:00 PM
QB rating of 28.2

Higher than I expected.

maven
09-13-2012, 10:02 PM
Well, I had Mason Crosby too. He scored me 14! Guy I am playing had Marshall. LOL

I have Crosby in one league. He didn't do much last week, but made up for it this. Good way to start this week for one of my teams.

I stayed cleared from anything Bears.

Tim
09-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Cutler sucks

maher_tyler
09-13-2012, 10:04 PM
So glad I didn't start him in my fantasy league.

BroncsCheer
09-13-2012, 10:05 PM
It's like watching Tebow, only with a spiral.

i LOL'd

rep

BroncsCheer
09-13-2012, 10:07 PM

anway

PEYTON MOTHER ****ING MANNING!!!

/thread

scorpio
09-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Cutler presser is pretty lulzy. His face is starting to show the ravages of being an alchy with the beetus.

Also being a real dick to the media.

Never change, Jaybaby.

Marshall Dumervil
09-13-2012, 10:08 PM
uhhh, fantasy football? it's not real.

plus our league doesn't count INT's ;D

Wow, sounds like fun. :ouwknow:

Broncobiv
09-13-2012, 10:08 PM

Holy sweet Jesus. You'd better be starting Rice, MJD, and ADP at your flex with QB's like that!

broncocalijohn
09-13-2012, 10:11 PM
Is Forte out for season?

If that happens, they are screwed. If you have a pass rush, you can frustrate Cutler all game long.

R8R H8R
09-13-2012, 10:12 PM
I am watching cutler's PC and he was asked about yelling at his lineman. He said something about we aren't doing the little things right. Then he said "if they want someone who doesn't care, they can get someone else."

Folks, it's starting. If this kind of play continues throughout the year, he will ask for a trade at the end of the year. Mark my words.

spdirty
09-13-2012, 10:12 PM
So happy with this game...my opponent in my big money league started Cutler and Marshall. Those 2 got him a grand total of 8.62 points. LOL

broncocalijohn
09-13-2012, 10:13 PM
Anybody that has an AFC WEST QB that is not named Manning needs to get his head checked. Why FF players drive me nuts. Once you start rooting for guys you should despise and have an awful season, it is time to stop playing and just enjoy the game(s).

bronco militia
09-13-2012, 10:14 PM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/catlerksk-600x344.jpg

spdirty
09-13-2012, 10:18 PM
Anybody that has an AFC WEST QB that is not named Manning needs to get his head checked. Why FF players drive me nuts. Once you start rooting for guys you should despise and have an awful season, it is time to stop playing and just enjoy the game(s).

I got Matt Ryan in 2 of my leagues. Does that make me an a-hole?

Broncobiv
09-13-2012, 10:21 PM
A huge Bears fan in my league stared Cutler, Marshall, and Gould. Got 13.64 from them.

Lucky for him, he also started GB D for 20.48! But I doubt that'll save him in the end.

scorpio
09-13-2012, 10:21 PM
Where's SoCal?

???

Missouribronc
09-13-2012, 10:22 PM
Lol. So funny. Jay Cutler the great!

Broncobiv
09-13-2012, 10:22 PM
I got Matt Ryan in 2 of my leagues. Does that make me an a-hole?

Nope, makes you smart because you probably got him in the 5th or 6th round like I did. ;)

Agamemnon
09-13-2012, 10:25 PM

I have Janikowski as my kicker. I actually find it fun to constantly hope the Raiders only score field goals. :P

ZONA
09-13-2012, 10:27 PM
A blatant drop in the end zone too for Marshall. To think, I read just a few days ago how these two are deadly and are going to beast this year.

Yeah but McD was a dip****. Dumped Cutler and got some nice picks out of that and uses 1 of them on Tebow when honestly he could have got Tebow in the 3rd round. Not to mention the other picks he blew.

But I'm pretty happy right now Cutler is not here. Jawing at his teammates early only to go have a game like did, shows not only he still can't read a defense to save his life, he's willing to gamble way too much on passes, still has bad form and is NOT a leader. Simple as that.

ludo21
09-13-2012, 10:32 PM
Started Cutler tonight in fantasy, I think I scored 3 points or so....my league has -3 for interceptions lol

damn

SoCalBronco
09-13-2012, 10:35 PM
Bad night for sure. They just have to get back on the horse and work to turn it around. Virtually everyone has bad games. They'll be fine long term.

Agamemnon
09-13-2012, 10:37 PM
Bad night for sure. They just have to get back on the horse and work to turn it around. Virtually everyone has bad games. They'll be fine long term.

If by fine, you mean 8-8, I agree.

SoCalBronco
09-13-2012, 10:40 PM
If by fine, you mean 8-8, I agree.

Nah they are an 11 win club. They had an awful night to be sure but they'll be fine.

razorwire77
09-13-2012, 10:51 PM
Damn. The Bears have some brutal matchups for that ****ty line.

@ Dallas (DeMarcus Ware)
@ San Fran (Patrick Willis and Co.)
Detroit x 2 (Suh)
Green Bay (again)
Texans (JJ Watt and Co. )

Better break out the industrial strength beatus pump.

kdissette
09-13-2012, 10:52 PM
i picked an awesome week to drop the packers d off my fantasy team lol...bet jay jay is missing denvers oline right about now

Man-Goblin
09-13-2012, 10:53 PM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/catlerksk-600x344.jpg

That's the greatest photo of all time. I'm crying it made me laugh so hard. Trying not to wake wife up. Glorious night, even though I could not watch because the game wasn't televised.

Agamemnon
09-13-2012, 11:21 PM
Nah they are an 11 win club. They had an awful night to be sure but they'll be fine.

Teams generally need a decent o-line and a reliable QB to manage 11 wins...

Miss I.
09-13-2012, 11:34 PM
so I thought this Cutler quote was sort of funny....

In a sarcastic answer to a monumentally stupid question after the game, Cutler was asked if he envisioned a night this bad against the Packers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/greenbaypackers/profile?team=GB).

"Yeah, I dream of throwing four picks and getting sacked seven times," he said.

So Jay evidently dreams of sacks and picks...crazy guy. must be sleep deprivation from having a baby in the house.

SoCalBronco
09-13-2012, 11:38 PM
Teams generally need a decent o-line and a reliable QB to manage 11 wins...

They have an excellent QB who had a bad night. The line is a legit issue. I'm hoping Carimi gets better since he is young. There are several weak links on that line, though. There are ways around it and I'm surprised Bates hasn't gone to it, yet. For some reason, they love the I. Not sure why. Use more gun (I know they use it now already, but use it more). Use more 3 and 5 step instead of 7. Maybe incorporate some vertical set techniques ala Texas Tech in the Leach era. More rollout plays and ALOT more screens.

One out of every five passes should be a screen pass. Maybe even one out of every four. I'm not talking about the Bears specifically, but just in general. There are so many benefits to screens that I'm shocked they aren't used in the NFL as much they are in college. If you watch some game tape from the late 90s from Kentucky, they had a fairly weak OL (compared to the rest of the SEC) but they scored alot of points and threw for a ton of yards, anyway. Part of this was because of just how many screens they were throwing so the DL could not pin its ears back out of fear that another one was coming.

ghwk
09-13-2012, 11:39 PM
Haha, I heard a quote from Woodson "Same old Jay! As long as we play our position he'll deliver the ball to us!"

Lol ultimate dis.

Agamemnon
09-13-2012, 11:40 PM
so I thought this Cutler quote was sort of funny....

In a sarcastic answer to a monumentally stupid question after the game, Cutler was asked if he envisioned a night this bad against the Packers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/greenbaypackers/profile?team=GB).

"Yeah, I dream of throwing four picks and getting sacked seven times," he said.

So Jay evidently dreams of sacks and picks...crazy guy. must be sleep deprivation from having a baby in the house.

That whole presser was so full of douchebag it was amazing. Honestly if he was an elite passer like he thinks he is, I'd almost dig it. Smartass douchebags who back it up with great play are kind of endearing. Smartass douchebags who are terminally mediocre on the field, not so much.

Mogulseeker
09-13-2012, 11:46 PM
Jay Cutler: 11-27 126 yards 1 TD 4 ints, 7 Sacks

Marshall: 2 - 24 yards.

:egbgb:

Seriously... that's Tim Tebo bad.

Miss I.
09-13-2012, 11:48 PM
That whole presser was so full of douchebag it was amazing. Honestly if he was an elite passer like he thinks he is, I'd almost dig it. Smartass douchebags who back it up with great play are kind of endearing. Smartass douchebags who are terminally mediocre on the field, not so much.

Oh I agree, but it was a stupid question to ask him. honestly.
Still I kind of like it as a quote so from now on all pictures of Jay should have that tagline, Jay Cutler: I have a dream...of 7 sacks and 4 interceptions.

Eh, you know in the end what I have to say to this is: PEYTON ****ING MANNING

Agamemnon
09-14-2012, 12:13 AM
They have an excellent QB who had a bad night.

The mind boggles at the thought that anyone could look at Jay Cutler and think "excellent QB".

menonite
09-14-2012, 12:20 AM
Still I kind of like it as a quote so from now on all pictures of Jay should have that tagline, Jay Cutler: I have a dream...of 7 sacks and 4 interceptions.

http://i.imgur.com/Tvboe.jpg

I, too, love the cat pic.

Punisher
09-14-2012, 12:23 AM
****ing asshole -3 fantasy points hope he gets diabetes

ol#7
09-14-2012, 12:55 AM
For all the hate the guy gets on here, alot of you apparanlty have no problems drafting him or Marshall for your fantasy teams...

Punisher
09-14-2012, 12:58 AM
For all the hate the guy gets on here, alot of you apparanlty have no problems drafting him or Marshall for your fantasy teams...

I got him and Marshall starting they ****ed me good

DENVERDUI55
09-14-2012, 01:19 AM

I know you think that they will beat out GB for the division but I think that is a far fetched dream. Cutler and Marshall are empty players that make it tough to win consistently. They put up big numbers from time to time but it never seems to add up to wins. Chicago is screwed with Jay. He will last there for awhile but never be able to have the success they want.

ol#7
09-14-2012, 01:22 AM
I know you think that they will beat out GB for the division but I think that is a far fetched dream. Cutler and Marshall are empty players that make it tough to win consistently. They put up big numbers from time to time but it never seems to add up to wins. Chicago is screwed with Jay. He will last there for awhile but never be able to have the success they want.

He has already taken them to an NFC Championship game...When he went down last year the season was over...but yeah, Cutler sucks, stoopid bears!

go_broncos
09-14-2012, 01:33 AM
The sad part is that bear fans thinks it is issue with OL/Receivers/Coaches.

KipCorrington25
09-14-2012, 02:15 AM
Cutler was so bad McDaniels now thinks he's good. Hilarious!

cutthemdown
09-14-2012, 03:12 AM
Cutler was holding the ball way to long, and not getting good protection. That is never a good sign. Then Forte goes down? wow. Cutler can be really good at times but he seems to be a pouter. Its safe to say he doesn't do his best work once he gets that negative vibe going.

the Packers defense played well tonight. They were flying around to the ball and just crushing the OT. They could not block anyone.

fontaine
09-14-2012, 03:53 AM
Jay Cutler reaps what he sows.

He had a great situation here with a committed organisation that could actually get him the weapons he needed with no other than John Elway to help and guide him.

Except Jay chose to throw that away carelessly (like he throws ints) and flee to Chicago.

Yeah, we've got a real Defense, OL, skill position players and a coaching staff that put their egos aside for their QB whether it's Orton/Tebow or now Manning.

I'm sure Jay sees the situation/support Tebow got here last year and now Manning and he probably regrets douching his way out of Denver but it's not in his character (or game) to take responsbility upon himself and do what it takes to lead and get better himself first before blaming others.

fontaine
09-14-2012, 03:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2mKctNjmig

0:32 into it and Cutler yelling/bumping his left tackle Jamarcus Webb.

lol, go MethWebb!!!

Somebody attach a pic of a spider's web and shards!!

rbackfactory80
09-14-2012, 04:14 AM
Biggest pouting baby QB I have ever seen. So glad he has nothing to do with Denver.

kdissette
09-14-2012, 04:51 AM
Biggest pouting baby QB I have ever seen. So glad he has nothing to do with Denver.

couldnt agree more....hes been a whiney self entitled f'in ahole that crys and pouts whenever his team stops stroking his ego...the guy got babied by shanahan as a rookie and he and marshall always think theyre better than the team....that being said chicagos oline is a mess...maybe its time to put jay bee in the corner;)

Jay3
09-14-2012, 05:09 AM
Yeah but McD was a dip****. Dumped Cutler and got some nice picks out of that and uses 1 of them on Tebow when honestly he could have got Tebow in the 3rd round. Not to mention the other picks he blew.

Nah, Tebow goes within about 15 picks of where he went no matter how that draft goes.

Jay3
09-14-2012, 05:09 AM
couldnt agree more....hes been a whiney self entitled f'in ahole that crys and pouts whenever his team stops stroking his ego...the guy got babied by shanahan as a rookie and he and marshall always think theyre better than the team....that being said chicagos oline is a mess...maybe its time to put jay bee in the corner;)

QFT

DivineLegion
09-14-2012, 05:30 AM
Did anyone catch his post game interview last week where he begged the Bears fans to be quiet when the Bears were in the redzone? I wonder if he still thinks Bears fans are a 10, and Broncos fans are a 6?

TheReverend
09-14-2012, 05:55 AM
Brutal game

Excited for Washington too :)

ol#7
09-14-2012, 06:07 AM
Jay Cutler reaps what he sows.

He had a great situation here with a committed organisation that could actually get him the weapons he needed with no other than John Elway to help and guide him.

Except Jay chose to throw that away carelessly (like he throws ints) and flee to Chicago.

Yeah, we've got a real Defense, OL, skill position players and a coaching staff that put their egos aside for their QB whether it's Orton/Tebow or now Manning.

I'm sure Jay sees the situation/support Tebow got here last year and now Manning and he probably regrets douching his way out of Denver but it's not in his character (or game) to take responsbility upon himself and do what it takes to lead and get better himself first before blaming others.

This post makes no sense at all. Elway wasn't with the team when Cutler was here. McD tried to trade him away. Elway flat out said he would have never done that to Cutler. Jesus you people with your revisionist history. None of what you posted actually happened the way you say.

TheChamp24
09-14-2012, 06:37 AM
Cutler and Marshall are both good players when they are on, but have inconsistency issues that make them from being elite IMO.
Case in point, this week when Cutler was off and freakin horrible, and Marshall dropping a TD pass.

Cutler is just too inconsistent for me to take the Bears seriously as legit contenders.

ColoradoDarin
09-14-2012, 06:39 AM
I enjoy every game where Cutlerfail happens. He looked about the worst QB in the league last night, is their backup Jason Campbell - he'd do a better job...

Drek
09-14-2012, 06:47 AM

http://s3.vidimg02.popscreen.com/original/40/ZFVPNjRuNGxBLUUx_o_tim-tebow-game-winning-pass-vs-steelers-hd.jpg

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/PJ-BE642_SP_NFL_G_20120109202920.jpg

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/images/11/2012/01/7ade76b45bf8b81ae5d1c7700b698c5a.jpg

http://sportige.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Demaryius-Thomas.jpg

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2012/01/09/sports/sub-broncos/sub-broncos-articleLarge.jpg

http://s3.vidimg02.popscreen.com/original/45/OGNGdEVuZ1gyOGcx_o_tim-tebow-game-winning-pass-to-beat-steelers-in-ot.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1j8Uxm8y-i8/TxVwvNesvcI/AAAAAAAAAa0/b22a6Rqo61c/s1600/tim-tebow-beats-steelers-1.jpg

Tebow > Cutler.

DivineLegion
09-14-2012, 06:50 AM
Just heard on the radio that Jay has joined Brett Favre and Vinny Testaverdy in the highest interceptions per attempt catagory. Keep on chucken' the ol' even tied ungulate epidermis Jay!

DeuceOfClub
09-14-2012, 06:54 AM
"He's not a rookie, he just plays one on TV"

TheReverend
09-14-2012, 06:57 AM
I like Cutler, but this thread is EXTREMELY funny.

Proud of you guys.

CEH
09-14-2012, 06:59 AM
He did the same thing last year against Washington but what was thier record when he went down. 7-3 with a 5 game winning streak

He should'nt have pushed the OT but that OT sucks balls. Clady would never give up that much and would have stoned Matthews

I'd still take Cutler with our Line and with Elway running the show any day

spdirty
09-14-2012, 07:09 AM
For all the things Cutler fails at, I just can't be mad at him for forcing his way out of here. He didn't do it like melo. It wasn't a "big market thing" it wasn't an I hate Broncos thing, or an I hate Colorado thing. The guy hated Josh McDaniels. Just like me. I can't begrudge him for that.

Punisher
09-14-2012, 07:24 AM
http://www.dabears.com/showthread.php?44874-Jay-Cutler

Bear Fans talk about Cutler

Rock Chalk
09-14-2012, 07:27 AM
They have an excellent QB who had a bad night. The line is a legit issue. I'm hoping Carimi gets better since he is young. There are several weak links on that line, though. There are ways around it and I'm surprised Bates hasn't gone to it, yet. For some reason, they love the I. Not sure why. Use more gun (I know they use it now already, but use it more). Use more 3 and 5 step instead of 7. Maybe incorporate some vertical set techniques ala Texas Tech in the Leach era. More rollout plays and ALOT more screens.

One out of every five passes should be a screen pass. Maybe even one out of every four. I'm not talking about the Bears specifically, but just in general. There are so many benefits to screens that I'm shocked they aren't used in the NFL as much they are in college. If you watch some game tape from the late 90s from Kentucky, they had a fairly weak OL (compared to the rest of the SEC) but they scored alot of points and threw for a ton of yards, anyway. Part of this was because of just how many screens they were throwing so the DL could not pin its ears back out of fear that another one was coming.

Cutler is not an excellent QB. You're such a ****tard sometimes Mike.

Rock Chalk
09-14-2012, 07:28 AM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/301261_3700619074705_974148469_n.jpg

Kaylore
09-14-2012, 07:34 AM
Keep on chucken' the ol' even tied ungulate epidermis Jay!

Repping just this comment alone! ROFL!

Garcia Bronco
09-14-2012, 07:35 AM
I could see Cutler going the way of Jeff. Jeff George.

Garcia Bronco
09-14-2012, 07:58 AM
Cutler is not an excellent QB. You're such a ****tard sometimes Mike.

Cutler has an excellent arm, but a 5 cent head and still cannot read a defense. If you're a QB in the NFL and not trying to play it like Brady, Ryan, or Manning(s)...then you are doing it wrong.

go_broncos
09-14-2012, 07:58 AM

Lot of excuses for him..They will never realize that he sucks.
Will not be surprised if the coaches and GM gets fired after this season.

fontaine
09-14-2012, 08:09 AM
This post makes no sense at all. Elway wasn't with the team when Cutler was here. McD tried to trade him away. Elway flat out said he would have never done that to Cutler. Jesus you people with your revisionist history. None of what you posted actually happened the way you say.

You're right Elway wasn't with the team but he did take Cutler out for dinner or something only for Cutler to be playing around on this phone. That's what I meant by it.

Cutler was a douche to insist out of Denver.

He got his wish and consistent ass-beatings behind a perennially shaky OL.

DENVERDUI55
09-14-2012, 08:24 AM
He has already taken them to an NFC Championship game...When he went down last year the season was over...but yeah, Cutler sucks, stoopid bears!

So did Rex Grossman, wait he got them farther than that. Sometimes a team gets lucky.

TheChamp24
09-14-2012, 08:32 AM

I like the part where they say the INT's weren't his fault, and one of them wasn't an INT apparently. I'm guessing the first one which Williams secured going to the ground, but apparently they think the ball went through his arm magically, hit the ground and he craddled it then.

ol#7
09-14-2012, 08:47 AM
You're right Elway wasn't with the team but he did take Cutler out for dinner or something only for Cutler to be playing around on this phone. That's what I meant by it.

Cutler was a douche to insist out of Denver.

He got his wish and consistent ass-beatings behind a perennially shaky OL.

I think your being too hard on him. The guy battled when he was here and probably picked up some bad habits having to outscore other teams with our bad defense. Then he went to bat trying to vouch for his OC who got fired.

What exactly did he not do on the field for the Broncos? Try and keep us in games? Drop a winning TD pass against the Bills that would have wrapped up a division championship (Stokely). I mean, really.

Dont forget McD tried to trade him for Cassel. Then he returned a boatload in value (since flushed down the toillete).

I just don't get all the hate for the guy, especially since all of McD's douchiness has been proven for all to see.

ol#7
09-14-2012, 08:49 AM
So did Rex Grossman, wait he got them farther than that. Sometimes a team gets lucky.

Come on now. Cutler was the key to that team last year. They were winles once he went down. I know it hurts, but come on, he is a pretty good QB when he has the time to throw.

Why everyone who comes through Denver gets on the sh@t list once they leave is beyond me. The only reason Plummer isnt bashed is he retired rather than play for Tampa.

Old Dude
09-14-2012, 08:52 AM
Dont forget McD tried to trade him for Cassel. Then he returned a boatload in value (since flushed down the toillete).

I just don't get all the hate for the guy, especially since all of McD's douchiness has been proven for all to see.

Oh, trust me. We have plenty of emotional room to hate them both.

ol#7
09-14-2012, 08:58 AM
Oh, trust me. We have plenty of emotional room to hate them both.

I guess I just don't see what Cutler did as being hate worthy. McD tried to trade him, the old man may or may not have gotten a phone call, and rather than try and patch things up, they took a kings ransom in trade. He hadnt even missed an OTA. They simply gave up and gave McD a major power boost.

I still can't believe the grudge people have for Cutler in all this. Really, just boggles my mind.

What other team would have been so quick to pull the trigger in that situation? Things like that just don't happen, the epic-ness of just how bad McD was for this organization was on display from the beginning.

McD gets all my hate.

Miss I.
09-14-2012, 09:00 AM
Come on now. Cutler was the key to that team last year. They were winles once he went down. I know it hurts, but come on, he is a pretty good QB when he has the time to throw.

Why everyone who comes through Denver gets on the sh@t list once they leave is beyond me. The only reason Plummer isnt bashed is he retired rather than play for Tampa.

Plummer was bashed a lot when he was STILL ON the team. I moved to Colorado from KC just prior to the playoff game against Pittsburgh. Everyone was saying even before the game Jake the Flake, blah, blah, trade his lazy arse, what a choker...etc.

At the time I was coming off the lovefest that was KC and the way they worshipped Dick Vermeil, Tony Gonzales, Trent Green, etc, etc. Then I get to CO and damn the haze of hate for Jake was really thick. When I started reading boards or going to bars, a good 75% of the Broncos fans wanted him gone and that skyrocketed after the playoff loss to the Steelers.

At any rate given how much people seemed to hate the guy when he was on the team, maybe they just ran out when he retired and redirected it to Jay.

At any rate, Jay had/has potential to be good if he'd step up and actually lead. And pouting, pointing fingers and being a sarcastic ass are not signs of leadership. They are signs the kid will not grow up. If I could just find a way to take Cutler's arm and ability and put it with Tebow's obvious work ethic and ability to inspire and scramble, he'd be my favorite QB after Elway and Manning of course.

ColoradoDarin
09-14-2012, 09:01 AM
I guess I just don't see what Cutler did as being hate worthy. McD tried to trade him, the old man may or may not have gotten a phone call, and rather than try and patch things up, they took a kings ransom in trade. He hadnt even missed an OTA. They simply gave up and gave McD a major power boost.

I still can't believe the grudge people have for Cutler in all this. Really, just boggles my mind.

What other team would have been so quick to pull the trigger in that situation? Things like that just don't happen, the epic-ness of just how bad McD was for this organization was on display from the beginning.

McD gets all my hate.

You know Cutler dissed Bronco fans when he left, right? We're, like, a 6...

I think a bit of the hate comes from his choking at the end of 08, (and not really looking like he cared) which got Shanahan fired.

DENVERDUI55
09-14-2012, 09:03 AM
I know it hurts, but come on, he is a pretty good QB when he has the time to throw.

Pretty much all NFL QB's besides Tebow are when you give them time. Cutler is hated because he acted like he was one of the best QB's in the league. He put up empty stats that didn't lead to wins and could never win a game against some pretty poor teams to get his team into the playoffs. Just the way he handles himself is reason enough to dislike the guy. Last night and several other times in his career is perfect example. In Chicago he can't beat GB just like when he was here San Diego bent him over everytime.

ColoradoDarin
09-14-2012, 09:07 AM
Has Cutler improved markedly since he was a rookie? Watching the game last night was more of the same from him. Can't read a defense, relies too much on arm strength alone, poor mechanics, mopey attitude - he's still Jeff George 2.0.

ol#7
09-14-2012, 09:11 AM
Plummer was bashed a lot when he was STILL ON the team. I moved to Colorado from KC just prior to the playoff game against Pittsburgh. Everyone was saying even before the game Jake the Flake, blah, blah, trade his lazy arse, what a choker...etc.

At the time I was coming off the lovefest that was KC and the way they worshipped Dick Vermeil, Tony Gonzales, Trent Green, etc, etc. Then I get to CO and damn the haze of hate for Jake was really thick. When I started reading boards or going to bars, a good 75% of the Broncos fans wanted him gone and that skyrocketed after the playoff loss to the Steelers.

At any rate given how much people seemed to hate the guy when he was on the team, maybe they just ran out when he retired and redirected it to Jay.

At any rate, Jay had/has potential to be good if he'd step up and actually lead. And pouting, pointing fingers and being a sarcastic ass are not signs of leadership. They are signs the kid will not grow up. If I could just find a way to take Cutler's arm and ability and put it with Tebow's obvious work ethic and ability to inspire and scramble, he'd be my favorite QB after Elway and Manning of course.

I think it is because Jake actually did kind of suck, but was a gamer. Everyone knew in 2005 bad Jake would kill the season eventually. But it's not like he didn't go out and give it his best shot.

Few QB's have Tebow's work ethic. That work ethic is the only reason he is a pro athlete.

I think Cutler does work hard, he just looks like a pompous fratboy so he comes across like an ass. See Rivers, Phillip.

ol#7
09-14-2012, 09:13 AM
You know Cutler dissed Bronco fans when he left, right? We're, like, a 6...

I think a bit of the hate comes from his choking at the end of 08, (and not really looking like he cared) which got Shanahan fired.

I actually think that 6 comment is why people have such a hard on for Cutler.

How do you figure it was Cutler that choked in 08? IMO that was a hell of a season considering how bad our defense was that we were in the drivers seat for a division title. 7 rb's on IR. Champ going down for a big chunk of the season.

ol#7
09-14-2012, 09:17 AM
Has Cutler improved markedly since he was a rookie? Watching the game last night was more of the same from him. Can't read a defense, relies too much on arm strength alone, poor mechanics, mopey attitude - he's still Jeff George 2.0.

Jeff George never had a D-lineman in his face before finishing his drops. I have never seen an offensive line as bad as Chicago's, that hasn't changed since he got there.

I really don't care what he does with the bears, don't have a #6 jersey hanging in the closet, etc.

Just think both he and Tebow get a bad rap on here. But apparantly Kyle Orton is untouchable.

DENVERDUI55
09-14-2012, 09:17 AM

How do you figure it was Cutler that choked in 08? IMO that was a hell of a season considering how bad our defense was that we were in the drivers seat for a division title. 7 rb's on IR. Champ going down for a big chunk of the season.

Because we got our arse's handed to us in the last 3 games of the season. We also loss 4 of last 6 with losses to power houses like Buffalo and Oakland.

ColoradoDarin
09-14-2012, 09:19 AM

QBs (and HC) always get the credit/blame. Heck Bowe botching that onside recovery did it too.

ColoradoDarin
09-14-2012, 09:20 AM
Jeff George never had a D-lineman in his face before finishing his drops. I have never seen an offensive line as bad as Chicago's, that hasn't changed since he got there.

I really don't care what he does with the bears, don't have a #6 jersey hanging in the closet, etc.

Just think both he and Tebow get a bad rap on here. But apparantly Kyle Orton is untouchable.

No, just everyone agrees that Orton sucks. You can't find too many Orton defenders around here. Plenty of people still like Jake, Jay and Tim, maybe 3-4 still like Kyle.

Hulamau
09-14-2012, 09:34 AM

Cutler has no discipline, he still thinks he's at Vanderbilt where it's gunslinger all the way.

At this point he's a tiger with stripes and will always be a QB with a million dollar arm and a 50 cent head. Constantly alternating between exciting the home fans and then crushing their hopes and dreams.

razorwire77
09-14-2012, 09:52 AM

To me, that's the big story here that's mostly been ignored. His arm didn't look Cutler-like last night. Honesty, I thought I was imagining things until 3 or 4 people posted the same thing. He still has a ridiculously strong arm, but it seemed diminished a bit. Maybe just fatigue from having Clay Matthews on top of him all night?

lonestar
09-14-2012, 09:53 AM
It's not his fault Kaylore.

it is everyone else's fault..

saw this elsewhere.. and it calls it like it is..

Charles Woodson summed things up later on, when he said of Chicago's QB, "It's the same old Jay. We just need to be in position. Jay will throw us the ball."

lonestar
09-14-2012, 09:55 AM
Because we got our arse's handed to us in the last 3 games of the season. We also loss 4 of last 6 with losses to power houses like Buffalo and Oakland.

IIRC we got our asses kicked by those two Powerhouses.. 40 point games

2KBack
09-14-2012, 10:03 AM

You are confusing.

You claim that Orton and Plummer don't get bashed, which is just completely false. Then when pointed out that they do, then you claim it's because they sucked. Maybe just maybe, that's the same reason everyone gets bashed, because people think they suck.

Also, you must not have watched Plummer in the AZ years or Jeff George in Indy....their pass protection was equally as bad, if not worse, and they also had fewer offensive weapons to work with.

There's always a good reason for Tebow and Cutler though...it's never going to be them.

Beantown Bronco
09-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Jeff George never had a D-lineman in his face before finishing his drops.

I find that hard to believe considering he spent 4 years with the Colts.

TheChamp24
09-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Jake Plummer wasn't too bad for us to be honest when we used him right. As a straight drop back passer he was scary bad, on rollouts and playaction he was deadly though.
Cutler is as inconsistent as it gets.
2008, my goodness was that a headache to watch.
First game against the Raiders, Cutler was amazing. Second game, first half, amazing. Then he STUNK in the second half, and heck other games was awful. Against Oakland in the 2nd half of the season, against Miami, against Buffalo....etc

TheChamp24
09-14-2012, 10:19 AM
Jake Plummer wasn't too bad for us to be honest when we used him right. As a straight drop back passer he was scary bad, on rollouts and playaction he was deadly though.
Cutler is as inconsistent as it gets.
2008, my goodness was that a headache to watch.
First game against the Raiders, Cutler was amazing. Second game, first half, amazing. Then he STUNK in the second half, and heck other games was awful. Against Oakland in the 2nd half of the season, against Miami, against Buffalo....etc

lolcopter
09-14-2012, 10:27 AM
Cutler is a punk bitch who can't handle the pressure.

Smiling Assassin27
09-14-2012, 10:30 AM
Cutler's nickname should be 'Fools Gold'.

LRtagger
09-14-2012, 10:31 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bIvp3uFYbvw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chris
09-14-2012, 10:38 AM
I think your being too hard on him. The guy battled when he was here and probably picked up some bad habits having to outscore other teams with our bad defense. Then he went to bat trying to vouch for his OC who got fired.

What exactly did he not do on the field for the Broncos? Try and keep us in games? Drop a winning TD pass against the Bills that would have wrapped up a division championship (Stokely). I mean, really.

The guy always had bad habits. He's never gotten rid of the bad habits and he's been in the league for six years. We sold him to Chicago on his potential and that's all he's ever had. He has a killer arm but he can't play well consistently because he thinks he's playing Madden on the "Pro" setting and refuses to read a defense (just look at the "yeah, yeah I got it" shrugs he gave to his O coordinator showing him shots of the defense).

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9wxchsrJB1rch27lo1_1280.jpg

http://static.sportressofblogitude.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/cutler-dummy.jpg

bronco militia
09-14-2012, 10:40 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bIvp3uFYbvw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lol...that is a Bang! cartoon.

http://www.bangcartoon.com/archive.htm

DENVERDUI55
09-14-2012, 11:08 AM
I find that hard to believe considering he spent 4 years with the Colts.

And a dogcrap falcons team.

The Joker
09-14-2012, 11:10 AM
The Bears should still push for a playoff spot, their defense will keep them in the game against pretty much anyone. As terrible as Cutler and the offense was last night, they were still right in the game after three quarters. The Bears D had given up 9 points through three quarters on the road against the Packers, that's pretty impressive. They consistently create turnovers and the special teams, in spite of being outfoxed last night, is usually a strong point too.

I don't really hold any ill feelings towards Cutler anymore. Initially I did but time has proven that McDaniels was an absolute embarrassment of a HC and thus it's hard to fault Cutler too much for wanting away.

That said, I really don't see why anyone would actively cheer for him. There's very little to really like about the guy. He has a big arm for sure and is pretty athletic, but he rarely uses either of those traits to good effect. He hasn't improved much, if at all, when it comes to things like his mechanics and reading defenses. He's more or less the same QB he was five years ago, loads of raw potential but unable to put it together on anywhere near a consistent basis.

Then you add in the fact that the guy just comes across as a complete douchebag and doesn't seem like much of a leader at all. So your protection sucks... don't just sit the on the sidelines looking grim, try and do something about it! Don't just sit on the sidelines looking like your favourite boy band broke up.

Is it just because people that want to be proven right about not wanting to trade him?

Someone like Shanahan is different obviously. He won Superbowls with us, gave us some great years. Cutler had a year where he threw for a bunch of yards on a ****ty team then left, he did nothing as a Bronco.

BMarsh615
09-14-2012, 11:16 AM
Chicago Sports radio has been entertaining as hell today. LOL

http://betaplayer.radio.com/player/670-the-score

BroncoDoom
09-14-2012, 11:39 AM
I was bitter at Cutler leaving... because I had a mancrush on him as our new QB and I was sad he left me so soon. I can admit that now that I have moved on to a distinguished gentleman like Peyton Manning.

With that said I still watch Cutler and the Bears in the same way we all musterbate over an ex lover every now and then. His O line is absolute garbage and has been for years now. I would be pissed too. Dude is a good QB and will win a Super Bowl someday.

Arkie
09-14-2012, 11:44 AM

Somebody may have already mentioned it, but the announcers said that Manning/Wayne were the only combo more productive than Cutler/Marshall during the time they were together.

DENVERDUI55
09-14-2012, 11:46 AM
Dude is a good QB and will win a Super Bowl someday.

Only on the bench as a backup somewhere. No way you can win with a TO prone QB. His mental makeup holds him back too. Their is a reason Chargers talked **** to him they knew he couldn't handle it.

The Joker
09-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Cutler is capable of winning a Superbowl some day IMO, but so are most of the starting QB's in the NFL at the moment. That's because football is a team game, and as important as the QB position is it's still only one position.

At the moment though he doesn't strike me as a guy who's massively likely to win one. He makes too many mistakes, especially given how good the Bears D is. He needs to learn to manage the game and not turn the ball over.

The Bears offensive line isn't good enough in pass protection to move the ball consistently, so he has to be willing to play conservatively, focus on field position and take his shots when they're there.

JakeZ01
09-14-2012, 01:26 PM
Cutler will win a super bowl no doubt...

for whatever team he plays against.

lolcopter
09-14-2012, 01:39 PM
With that said I still watch Cutler and the Bears in the same way we all musterbate over an ex lover every now and then.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.asylum.com/media/2008/04/af3a.jpg

Captain 'Dre
09-14-2012, 01:45 PM
Cutler is capable of winning a Superbowl some day IMO, but so are most of the starting QB's in the NFL at the moment. That's because football is a team game, and as important as the QB position is it's still only one position.

Well, sure... if Trent Dilfer can win a Super Bowl, is there a QB who's ever played in the NFL who couldn't?... Ha!

Captain 'Dre
09-14-2012, 01:49 PM
Pretty much all NFL QB's besides Tebow are when you give them time. Cutler is hated because he acted like he was one of the best QB's in the league. He put up empty stats that didn't lead to wins and could never win a game against some pretty poor teams to get his team into the playoffs. Just the way he handles himself is reason enough to dislike the guy. Last night and several other times in his career is perfect example. In Chicago he can't beat GB just like when he was here San Diego bent him over everytime.

Almost, but not quite. It took an assist from Ed Hochuli for Jay to get his one win over San Diego, negating an unforced Cutler fumble in the red zone.

cutthemdown
09-14-2012, 02:27 PM
So let me see if I have this right.

Cutler decides to wish the Packer secondary luck.
Packers pick him off all night, and make him look like a fool
He gets sacked a ton and yells, and bumps his OT
Then he pouts about the protection and goes mopey jay
Then Woodson hits him low on a tackle and Cutler whines about it
Then Woodson says, we don't need luck, we know Jay will throw us the ball......OUCH!

Holy cow if this yr goes south for the Bears, Cutler is on his way to being a QB no team will really want. Even in college he lost and blamed the talent around him. Maybe drafting marshall in my fantasy league no that smart. Looked genius first week.

ChampJesusBailey
09-14-2012, 02:47 PM
I love watching Cutler play. Makes some of the most amazing throws in the NFL.

Would love to see him playing behind a good line with even just an average defense.

Kaylore
09-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Jay Cutler is a cat

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2012/07/is-jay-cutler-really-a-cat-in-disguise-a-ksk-investigation.html

And that reality is that Jay Cutler is a cat. He is a common house cat disguised as a human being. I understand that this is difficult to accept and perhaps even fundamentally troubling to your set of beliefs about the world, but the sooner you accept the truth and disabuse yourself of comforting lies, the better off you will be.

What follows is an ironclad case for why Jay Cutler is actually felis domesticus:

IT IS NOT POSSIBLE FOR HUMANS TO CARE THAT LITTLE

Read more: http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2012/07/is-jay-cutler-really-a-cat-in-disguise-a-ksk-investigation.html#ixzz26To2LjWu

ghwk
09-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Jay Cutler is a cat

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2012/07/is-jay-cutler-really-a-cat-in-disguise-a-ksk-investigation.html

He does not have Type 1 beetus, he has Feline Aids. He also craps in a litter box Hilarious!Hilarious!

Brilliant. Wonder how many times that article goes up anonymously in his locker this year?

Br0nc0Buster
09-14-2012, 03:15 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/14/bears-fear-a-potential-cutler-mutiny/

Who knows if this if true or not, but it is funny

bronco militia
09-14-2012, 03:16 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/14/bears-fear-a-potential-cutler-mutiny/

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/qbcuts.gif

Miss I.
09-14-2012, 03:17 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XNXIZuIBJKs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cito Pelon
09-14-2012, 03:32 PM
Hell, his OL sucked last year also, but he kept himself together and was putting together a good season. This game it looked like he just wasn't all there. Maybe the blood sugar was a little off, that really can have a noticeable effect on a person both physically and mentally. Just a little percentage too high or low and it has a marked effect.

DENVERDUI55
09-14-2012, 04:00 PM
A few sacks were on him holding the ball. A great QB gets that ball out quick and doesn't take sacks because he knows where he is going before he even snaps the ball. Frown Cannon not so much.

ColoradoDarin
09-14-2012, 04:16 PM
A few sacks were on him holding the ball. A great QB gets that ball out quick and doesn't take sacks because he knows where he is going before he even snaps the ball. Frown Cannon not so much.

Absolutely, I kept wondering why he wasn't throwing as soon as he got to the top of his drop.

Taco John
09-14-2012, 04:24 PM
Counting sacks...

http://i.imgur.com/L5EBy.jpg

Gort
09-14-2012, 04:26 PM

i've always maintained... he'll end up in Oakland, eventually.

just like Jeff George.

Oakland is where douchebag QBs go to die.

Rohirrim
09-14-2012, 04:35 PM
I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad the Frown Cannon is no longer in the O&B. Good work, Bus. :thumbs:

lonestar
09-14-2012, 04:38 PM
He does not have Type 1 beetus, he has Feline Aids. He also craps in a litter box Hilarious!Hilarious!

Brilliant. Wonder how many times that article goes up anonymously in his locker this year?

looked to me that he crapped on the field several times last night..

berating a teammate on National TV is a really stupid thing to do..

lonestar
09-14-2012, 04:42 PM
Hell, his OL sucked last year also, but he kept himself together and was putting together a good season. This game it looked like he just wasn't all there. Maybe the blood sugar was a little off, that really can have a noticeable effect on a person both physically and mentally. Just a little percentage too high or low and it has a marked effect.

maybe you should be there testing his urine..

please no excuses for this asswipe..

he has not changed one bit since his first ass kicking in DEN..

blame it on blood sugar if you want the facts are he is 90% arm 10% head.

glad Pat forced the trade for this ass..

Captain 'Dre
09-14-2012, 04:45 PM
I love watching Cutler play. Makes some of the most amazing throws in the NFL.

Many of them to the opposing team! Ha!

Cito Pelon
09-14-2012, 05:15 PM
maybe you should be there testing his urine..

please no excuses for this asswipe..

he has not changed one bit since his first ass kicking in DEN..

blame it on blood sugar if you want the facts are he is 90% arm 10% head.

glad Pat forced the trade for this ass..

Don't start some **** with me, lonestar. I made an observation that MAYBE there was a blood sugar issue which could be very valid. You're so ignorant you respond with something about testing urine.

Rock Chalk
09-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Counting sacks...

http://i.imgur.com/L5EBy.jpg

AHAhahahaHAhAhahAHAAHAHAhA

God that's priceless.

Rock Chalk
09-14-2012, 06:12 PM

McD gets all my hate.

Except, Bowlen told McD to trade him. McD DID want to work it out but the boss told McD to trade him so, your entire premise is ****ing stupid.

Cutler is a ****ing cock munch for whining. So what, McD MAY have tried to trade him? Who gives a ****, this is a business. The smart thing to do would have been to say "Right now, Im a Denver Bronco and I intend on going to OTA's and performing to the best of my ability".

Instead he ****ing whined, like a little ****ing girl. **** that douche.

Agamemnon
09-14-2012, 06:29 PM

Elway says a lot of things. Sometimes they are even true.

Black96WS6
09-14-2012, 07:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw6vxVVXWUM&feature=player_detailpage

errand
09-14-2012, 08:44 PM
Seriously... that's Tim Tebo bad.

Tebow wouldn't have thrown 4 INT's....

loborugger
09-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Tebow wouldn't have thrown 4 INT's....

That is because he couldnt have connected on 4 passes in a single game.

errand
09-14-2012, 08:59 PM
I think it is because Jake actually did kind of suck, but was a gamer. Everyone knew in 2005 bad Jake would kill the season eventually. But it's not like he didn't go out and give it his best shot.

amazing how a "gamer" who is one of only 3 Broncos QB's to have led the franchise to 3 consecutive playoff appearances (Morton and Elway being the others) and who is the only QB not named Morton or Elway to lead Broncos farther than WC of playoffs equals "kind of sucked" but another "gamer" that can't throw and probably never will was loved and adored by a lot of people on here.....

This place never ceases to amaze me....

errand
09-14-2012, 09:04 PM

LOL...yeah right. Orton was never criticized on here....Talk about revisionist history

People bitched about Orton when he was leading us to a 6-0 start....and way before 4-14 finish.

errand
09-14-2012, 10:10 PM
I'm curious....those that defend Jay left and right....what are the odds that Jay all of a sudden became a douche when he joined the Bears, and never was one here in Denver?

broncocalijohn
09-14-2012, 11:31 PM
I'm curious....those that defend Jay left and right....what are the odds that Jay all of a sudden became a douche when he joined the Bears, and never was one here in Denver?

everyone except me. Bronco Buff admitted he was a dick but because he was a Bronco, he was alright by him. I am surprised I did not get a massive amount of neg reps from Cutlerites when I said I would want Rivers over Cutler. I did get love from the Chargers fans during that time. That was the hardest part.

NFLBRONCO
09-15-2012, 12:10 AM
I loved Cutler's skills but, didn't like him or his attitude esp after that rivers fiasco in SD. I thought it was all Rivers but, I found out over time Cutler showed his true colors too. Honestly I didn't expect Cutler's attitude to change all that much and imo it hasn't. I think his attitude will keep him from being a great QB in this league.

maven
09-15-2012, 01:31 AM
After watching last nights game, just hasn't become a better player.

King James? Got better and won a chip. Jay Cutler? Still looks like the same guy from years ago.

NUB
09-15-2012, 02:54 AM
Did you guys see what happened to the Bears after Cutler went down last season?

Cutler sucks ass from time to time, but he and Forte have been carrying that offense in Chicago for years now and who could honestly argue otherwise. There is not a QB in the league who has worse blocking upfront and there just isn't any question of that. Before Marshall got there the receiving corps was talentless in every sense of the word -- and who knows if that has changed. Cutler puts up with a lot of **** on that offense. How many other QBs in the league could handle three-man rushes that destroy their blocking while trying to find no-name receivers incapable of getting open? I have a hard time picturing a Rivers or Brees being remotely successful on that offense. Not saying Cutler is guiltless, but his strong arm and mobility are just about the only things keeping the Bears' QB situation from looking like the Dolphins or Cardinals.

TomServo
09-15-2012, 03:06 AM
most winning qb's in the nfl are huge d bags( p manning screaming at players on national tv?)
and @ j cutlers toughness? did anyone see him getting beat to a pulp against the lions on a primetime tv appearance And keep the bears in the game?
the interwebs didnt exist in Elways times so we never got to hear about it. we did get to hear @ elway jamming down broadway at 3a.m. at 60 mph-which is something i will always have in common with the duke.
p.s. i never ran a red light.

Agamemnon
09-15-2012, 03:20 AM
Did you guys see what happened to the Bears after Cutler went down last season?

Cutler sucks ass from time to time, but he and Forte have been carrying that offense in Chicago for years now and who could honestly argue otherwise. There is not a QB in the league who has worse blocking upfront and there just isn't any question of that. Before Marshall got there the receiving corps was talentless in every sense of the word -- and who knows if that has changed. Cutler puts up with a lot of **** on that offense. How many other QBs in the league could handle three-man rushes that destroy their blocking while trying to find no-name receivers incapable of getting open? I have a hard time picturing a Rivers or Brees being remotely successful on that offense. Not saying Cutler is guiltless, but his strong arm and mobility are just about the only things keeping the Bears' QB situation from looking like the Dolphins or Cardinals.

Cutler makes that line look worse than it is by holding the ball too long and generally being clueless when it comes to reading defenses. Don't get me wrong, they are bad, but with Cutler a bad o-line becomes an utter catastrophe.

NUB
09-15-2012, 04:04 AM
Cutler makes that line look worse than it is by holding the ball too long and generally being clueless when it comes to reading defenses. Don't get me wrong, they are bad, but with Cutler a bad o-line becomes an utter catastrophe.

Every Bears game I watch that offensive line implodes within seconds of the ball being snapped. And Cutler was throwing it to who these past years? Does anyone else realize how utterly insane it is to have Devin Hester and Johnny Knox as your primary receivers? Chicago can't bring firepower to the field because everytime they let a tight-end loose the QB is guaranteed to have people in his face. Everytime they keep the TE in to block the receivers get blanketed. I've seen this in every single Bears game I have watched for years now. You really cannot underestimate how important blocking is for an offense -- and the easiest corollary to the Bears are probably the Texans.

DENVERDUI55
09-15-2012, 10:00 AM
most winning qb's in the nfl are huge d bags( p manning screaming at players on national tv?)
and @ j cutlers toughness? did anyone see him getting beat to a pulp against the lions on a primetime tv appearance And keep the bears in the game?
the interwebs didnt exist in Elways times so we never got to hear about it. we did get to hear @ elway jamming down broadway at 3a.m. at 60 mph-which is something i will always have in common with the duke.
p.s. i never ran a red light.

The difference is Peyton Manning has every right to get after his players. Nobody outworks him and he has shown that he will put in as much time with players to help them get the system. I have no problem when Manning gets after players because he is pretty much the coach and responsible for the players more than most QB's. He is also a good dude off the field and seems to care what people think of him. Now Cu&tler? He is just an arrogant Dirt bag that think he is above all people.

DENVERDUI55
09-15-2012, 10:03 AM
The game against Green Bay is typical of the guy. He is a career 15-20 INT a year guy with 10 fumbles too. How anyone thinks you can win it all with a guy that careless is beyond me. Carson Palmer and Jay Cutler are same type of QB that you can't win with.

TheReverend
09-15-2012, 11:37 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7xxgRUyzgs0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Popps
09-15-2012, 12:13 PM
The Cutler story arc around here is even more enjoyable than Hillis.

Propped up as a god for no reason... detractors cursed... then the truth becomes apparent for all.

The good news is, we should all be able to have a laugh about it together at this point.

Agamemnon
09-15-2012, 02:08 PM
Every Bears game I watch that offensive line implodes within seconds of the ball being snapped. And Cutler was throwing it to who these past years? Does anyone else realize how utterly insane it is to have Devin Hester and Johnny Knox as your primary receivers? Chicago can't bring firepower to the field because everytime they let a tight-end loose the QB is guaranteed to have people in his face. Everytime they keep the TE in to block the receivers get blanketed. I've seen this in every single Bears game I have watched for years now. You really cannot underestimate how important blocking is for an offense -- and the easiest corollary to the Bears are probably the Texans.

So you are in the "nothing is Cutler's fault" camp. Duly noted.

Miss I.
09-15-2012, 02:12 PM

be fair, he really did have crappy receivers and his O line sucks. But you know, if he was PFM he could do it. ;D

That One Guy
09-15-2012, 02:16 PM
be fair, he really did have crappy receivers and his O line sucks. But you know, if he was PFM he could do it. ;D

If Cutler and Peyton were even between the ears, Cutler would be throwing for 10k yards every season.

Miss I.
09-15-2012, 02:17 PM
If Cutler and Peyton were even between the ears, Cutler would be throwing for 10k yards every season.

as it is, he really can only break off about 2K in our system. ;D (which is still 1.9 K more than Tim, unless you count running and then he's about 2K behind Tim)

Miss I.
09-15-2012, 04:16 PM
So I finally actually watched this game all the way through. Made me a little sad. Chicagos defense busted their asses. I wonder if they get pissed at having such a suck ass offense. Crap o-line, receivers dropping or missing catches, some poorly thrown balls, a running back who got broken midway. It was an ugly sad game. I did find GB special teams fake out kind of cool. And jay needs to STFU. The loss was as much on him as the rest of the o line. Well I am sure they will bounce back but not sure it will ever be consistent.

lonestar
09-15-2012, 04:31 PM

yet each year the nimrods in CHI do nothing to fix the problem that is obvious to everyone in football..Instead they pick up more WR's make sense to everyone named cutlet

Captain 'Dre
09-15-2012, 04:46 PM
And jay needs to STFU. The loss was as much on him as the rest of the o line. Well I am sure they will bounce back but not sure it will ever be consistent.

Ha! Bwahahahahaha! Like THAT will happen!!! Ha!

Miss I.
09-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Ha! Bwahahahahaha! Like THAT will happen!!! Ha!

yes, I am not holding my breath on that one. Too bad really. I wonder if his Oline is really bad or they don't like him and they are trying to get him killed.

Agamemnon
09-15-2012, 04:53 PM

Never said they weren't, but there is a certain group of apologists who lay all Cutler's issues at the o-line and receivers' feet, which is just absurd. The guy makes bad decisions and struggles to read defenses. It's a fact.

Miss I.
09-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Never said they weren't, but there is a certain group of apologists who lay all Cutler's issues at the o-line and receivers' feet, which is just absurd. The guy makes bad decisions and struggles to read defenses. It's a fact.

no doubt, don't disagree there. I watched the game, he misread the defense a number of times. threw some horrible balls, either too short, or too low or just plain stupid. He missed an open receiver instead focusing on one target and didn't see GB moving leaving him a better different target. it was an odd game. He could be good, but I just don't see it happening, but who knows, miracles do happen in Football...Saw that a lot last season. Maybe he could work with Tim, he could teach Tim to throw into double coverage and Tim could teach some ability to speak in public. ;D

Jay has potential, but whether he achieves it in his career, well who knows.

hambone13
09-15-2012, 05:45 PM

I don't think there is anyone of relevant posting status who says Cutler is the "end all be all" @ QB. Find one. The alignment of great mind with great talent is few and far between. Those of us that like Cutler as a player are because of his great talent. F ... U... C....K it, even OJ is fun to watch play football. The chasm between those two's characters is vast. If a significant group of people are still a bit perturbed about how is exit happened, the BS surrounding the issue and the possibility until PM got here we could have been set back 10 years, let it be. Cutler is a very good QB who was put on the block for Matt Cassel. Enough said......

NUB
09-15-2012, 06:19 PM

Lazy or stupid. You just quoted me as saying:

Cutler sucks ass from time to time

cutthemdown
09-15-2012, 07:43 PM
It's not that Cutler can't play. His oline is too blame some. He's to blame some. The coaches and GM don't seem to fix the oline etc etc.

What I blame Cutler for is his leadership and maturity. You don't call out a team like GB then boil over when they show you up. That isn't how you earn the respect of your teammates.

The LT looks like he isn't good enough to play in the NFL. Not sure if its his fault because he looks like he is trying, but he is too upright, too stiff. Pass rushers like Mathews just dip under him, or get him flat footed and go right through him, around him, whatever.

maven
09-15-2012, 07:54 PM
This is Cutler's 7th year in the league and i'm not seeing the improvement to be a great QB. The truth is he's not a franchise/HOF Qb and will never be one.

DENVERDUI55
09-15-2012, 07:58 PM

Then why is he calling out GB's DB's?

Captain 'Dre
09-15-2012, 07:59 PM

Worse, Cutler doesn't take responsibility for his gaffes, but instead mopes, throws snits, and blames others.

Which, IMO, goes a long way toward explaining why people enjoy seeing him struggle. If any of the rest of us handled the stresses and pressures of our jobs the way Cutler does, we'd get our asses ripped. It's only natural to want Mopey Jay to suffer the same fate.

Captain 'Dre
09-15-2012, 08:03 PM
This is Cutler's 7th year in the league and i'm not seeing the improvement to be a great QB. The truth is he's not a franchise/HOF Qb and will never be one.

On the other hand, he IS a first ballot Hall of Fame Douchebag! Ha!

Captain 'Dre
09-15-2012, 08:06 PM
What I blame Cutler for is his leadership and maturity. You don't call out a team like GB then boil over when they show you up. That isn't how you earn the respect of your teammates.

Presumably, you mean the LACK thereof... and you're exactly right.

He shows the maturity of a pre-schooler.

GreatBronco16
09-15-2012, 08:14 PM
Then why is he calling out GB's DB's?

Well you know Cutler. Beat a poor Indy team, talk about how he will torch the next teams defense.

TomServo
09-16-2012, 04:18 AM
The difference is Peyton Manning has every right to get after his players.
maybe so. manning and dan moreno, did it in the middle of the field on tv. Elway did it on the sidelines

Br0nc0Buster
09-16-2012, 07:41 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/15/ex-bears-teammate-ogunleye-questions-cutlers-leadership/

Ex-Bears teammate Ogunleye questions Cutler’s leadership

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 15, 2012, 8:28 PM EDT

AP
The talk that Jay Cutler’s teammates could turn on him if the Bears’ quarterback doesn’t become a better leader has been bolstered by a former teammate who was a co-captain of the Bears with Cutler three years ago.

Adewale Ogunleye, a retired defensive end who along with Cutler was one of the Bears’ captains in 2009, said on WSCR in Chicago that Cutler had no right to yell at his offensive linemen in the Bears’ loss to the Packers, because Cutler wasn’t playing much of a game himself.

“[I]f you live in a glass house, you can’t throw any stones,” Ogunleye said, via the Chicago Tribune. “So the way I am looking at the game, no one is yelling at Jay when he is throwing the ball three [actually four] times to their defenders. And you’ve got to have some sense of accountability. At the end of the day, you start losing the respect of your teammates, you start losing the respect of that offensive line when publicly you’re bumping people and yelling at them in their face. I don’t think it is the right thing to do.”

Ogunleye suggested that another Bears leader, perhaps Brian Urlacher, will have to sit Cutler down and tell him to knock off the hollering at his linemen.

“The team is going to have to police itself,” Ogunleye said. “Maybe Brian will have to say something. The more you yell at them, the more pressure you are putting on your own teammate.”

Ogunleye, who spent 11 seasons in the NFL, said that the NFL’s elite quarterbacks are better at relating to their teammates than Cutler is.

“There is no good to Jay, there is no smiling,” Ogunleye said. “All we see is when he is pissed off, when he is angry and that reflects in the way people might view him in the locker room. But a guy like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, genuinely they are nice people and they overextend themselves. Tom Brady can be the biggest diva in the world – he has that right, he has won Super Bowls – but he is not that guy. I think that is why he is even more likeable.”

If Ogunleye is to be believed, there are players in the Bears’ locker room who don’t find Cutler likeable.

barryr
09-16-2012, 10:03 AM
Cutler is great at blaming others for his failures. He is not a leader by any stretch of the imagination.

lolcopter
09-16-2012, 10:44 AM

This, combined with his whiny little girl attitude makes for a poor match

errand
09-16-2012, 11:03 AM
maybe so. manning and dan moreno, did it in the middle of the field on tv. Elway did it on the sidelines

Yeah, well....given that Marino and Manning were elite QB's who knew more than most of their OC's, it's understandable that they could get away with it....

see when you're an elite talent like Elway, Marino, and Manning it's called leadership....when you're a talented malcontent like Cutler and George, it's called bitching and whining

tsiguy96
09-17-2012, 12:10 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-bears-moore-cutler-unfair-to-webb-20120917,0,1156391.story

""Is it unfair to criticize Jay right now? Shoot, it's unfair for him to be like that toward J'Marcus," Moore said Monday. "In every game in every sport, there's always somebody who has a tough day. For you to come off on the sideline, once you holler at him it makes it seem like (Webb) is the only reason.""

more at the link

JakeZ01
09-17-2012, 12:35 PM
Jay Cutler is a great quarterback if you like ****ty quarterbacks.

Garcia Bronco
09-17-2012, 12:39 PM
7 years in the league and Cutler still can't read defenses to shift his protections. That's pathetic, but the boy has a low work ethic and he's just not that smart. I do disagree with the idea that he's not supposed to dress down a poor;y playing player like Webb. If Webb is too soft to take it like a man then he probably shouldn't be playing in the NFL.

Hulamau
09-17-2012, 12:54 PM
Except, Bowlen told McD to trade him. McD DID want to work it out but the boss told McD to trade him so, your entire premise is ****ing stupid.

Cutler is a ****ing cock munch for whining. So what, McD MAY have tried to trade him? Who gives a ****, this is a business. The smart thing to do would have been to say "Right now, Im a Denver Bronco and I intend on going to OTA's and performing to the best of my ability".

Instead he ****ing whined, like a little ****ing girl. **** that douche.

Those are indeed the facts Alec ... inconvenient for many though they may be. Alas, McD turned into a disaster as well.. was just too green behind the ears and had too much short man syndrome for his own good and Pat made a well-intentioned mistake in giving him the whole enchilada to run, instead of just making him head coach and hiring a competent front office and GM to handle the draft.

McD was too much a Drill Sargent for his own good and wound up alienating a lot of players... Spygate-two, and the way he (didnt) respond to that, was the last straw piled up on top of the swan dive off the high board that started after that first 6 win phantom miracle start through as long as he lasted in year two.

All is well though, we are on the upswing and have a real freaking QB and a solidifying team all around which is good stuff.

With another year of great drafting and FA picks, plus some overall injury luck the next couple years, we should be a truly elite team in the top two to three teams in the league vying for and likely winning a SB or two while Manning is still with us (I say he plays at least 3 more years, if not four).

This year winning it all is even possible, though it would be a huge accomplishment with the brutal schedule and new everything. I'm thinking an 11-5 record is possible.

And we could win this division going away at 10-6, especially if we go at least 5-1 in the division. The Chargers have had a cake walk the first two games and only got out of Chokeland due to the suchazz chokage of the Fades back up long snapper.

Titans are a mess right now and nothing is working for them and their D is a joke, so that was a sleeper yesterday for the Bolts. When the Chargers start playing real teams they will hit their annual speed bump and come back down to earth.

Would be awesome to come away with a win in Atlanta tonight. The Falcons are truly dangerous for sure, but we've also seen now how KC can make anyone look like SB champs on any given Sunday!

Gort
09-17-2012, 02:14 PM
here's another anecdote about Jay Cutler's douchiness... if true, he's really a rotten, petulant miserable excuse for a human being.

http://blindgossip.com/?p=35876

Kaylore
09-17-2012, 03:53 PM
here's another anecdote about Jay Cutler's douchiness... if true, he's really a rotten, petulant miserable excuse for a human being.

http://blindgossip.com/?p=35876

Ha! In before SoCal's "yawn".

fontaine
09-17-2012, 04:34 PM
I get that Cutler's OL hasn't been great and that he isn't surrounded by top WRs.
Even if he WAS would that make him a better leader/field general?
Hell no.

He HAD all of that in Denver and he threw it away because he got his panties in a twist over some trade talk.

He wanted out, he got his wish and now he's paying for it and whining about it.