PDA

View Full Version : On a record setting pace, Tracy Porter wins AFC Defensive Player of the Week

Ronnie Tsunami
09-12-2012, 08:26 AM
Last year, Seahawks beastly large DB Brandon Browner led the NFL with 23 PBU's.

After a 5 PBU performance that saw him named AFC Defensive Player of the Week, Broncos CB Tracy Porter is on pace for 80 PBU's this season. While he won't finish with anywhere near those numbers, he will certainly bolster a Broncos defensive that has needed a solid #2 corner for years.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/31428402/detail.html

The National Football League informed the Broncos on Wednesday that Tracy Porter will be named to his first AFC Defensive Player of the Week award.
Porter, 26, in his Broncos debut in Denver’s 33-19 win against the Steelers on Sunday, helped seal the victory with his 43-yard interception return for a touchdown with 1:58 remaining in the fourth quarter.

BroncoFanatic
09-12-2012, 08:31 AM
Well deserved!

After only 1 week, I want to him with a longer term contract ASAP

Tombstone RJ
09-12-2012, 08:33 AM
that was such a sweet pick too...

srphoenix
09-12-2012, 08:35 AM
I didn't realize he was only 26 too. Second to cornerstones of Bailey, Manning, Miller, and Clady he might be the most important guy on the roster.

Its awesome to have QB's have to force passes to him to avoid Champ.

Requiem
09-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Definitely have to show Porter the $ if he keeps this up. Was so happy when we picked him up. Was a fan of his since college.

DBroncos4life
09-12-2012, 08:45 AM
They're going to throw at Porter all night.

We should have kept Goody.

Hilarious!

TheReverend
09-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Throw cash at him and let's hit LB and CB in the draft hard!

socalorado
09-12-2012, 08:50 AM

You know, you keep talking like that and your gonna make Goodman cry.
:)

Rabb
09-12-2012, 08:50 AM

God yes, this.

How ****ing awesome is it to FINALLY have someone good opposite #24?

If we had a MLB worth a ****, we could be devastating, but tight ends are going to take our lunch money all year sadly.

Beantown Bronco
09-12-2012, 08:53 AM
He's certainly going to be tested again this week.

spdirty
09-12-2012, 08:53 AM

Why would we resign him and hit CB in the draft hard? Are we that desperate for a dime back??

Requiem
09-12-2012, 08:55 AM

+1 -- I'd even through in extra DL too. Find a couple of offensive weapons in the middle rounds.

If Clady keeps up a good year, he needs the $ too. Would save us from having to look early in the draft to get his replacement.

Who do you like at LB (specifically WILL & MIKE) and CB?

Manti Teo (MIKE), Jonathan Brown, CJ Mosley, James Morris for OLB.

Xaiver Rhods, Desmond Trufant or Johnny Adams at CB. :yayaya:

Dedhed
09-12-2012, 08:56 AM
Porter looks like a great addition. If he keeps this up, QBs will be forced to go at Bailey more often, which will be a great thing for this defense.

If the offense can get off to faster starts, this defense could be very dangerous. Though Mays, and WW worry me.

Crushaholic
09-12-2012, 08:57 AM
I didn't realize he was only 26 too. Second to cornerstones of Bailey, Manning, Miller, and Clady he might be the most important guy on the roster.

Its awesome to have QB's have to force passes to him to avoid Champ.

He's only 26? Awesome. He looks like he's been playing, for many years...:strong:

Requiem
09-12-2012, 08:58 AM
Why would we resign him and hit CB in the draft hard? Are we that desperate for a dime back??

Because after Porter, Bailey and Harris -- there is really nothing to write home about. Bailey is also 34-35 years old. We need to be looking long-term as well.

Beantown Bronco
09-12-2012, 08:58 AM

Champ's going to be 35 next summer.

Rabb
09-12-2012, 09:01 AM

because good teams build through the draft for the future

TheReverend
09-12-2012, 09:04 AM
He's certainly going to be tested again this week.

Even the best get beat. ...especially by the best.

JJ and Roddy WILL get theirs... I'm just looking to see how many plays Tracy CAN prevent and slow down.

Dedhed
09-12-2012, 09:10 AM
Even the best get beat. ...especially by the best.

JJ and Roddy WILL get theirs... I'm just looking to see how many plays Tracy CAN prevent and slow down.

I think it's imperative this week that the offense gets off to a blazing start. If we can turn the Falcons into a one-dimensional offense and turn VonDoom loose, we can force Ryan into some mistakes.

ludo21
09-12-2012, 09:15 AM
not going to go overboard now, because he WILL get beat this week.

the key will be how many times.... (yes I am repeating what therev said)

Rabb
09-12-2012, 09:18 AM
I am more concerned about what TG does to us, like Rev said....JJ and White are going to get theirs.

We have to get to Ryan early and often.

ColoradoDarin
09-12-2012, 09:19 AM
26? Lock him up long term :)

sisterhellfyre
09-12-2012, 09:29 AM

It may help that Tracy's familiar with them from playing twice a year while he was in New Orleans.

dictionary
09-12-2012, 09:39 AM
God yes, this.

How ****ing awesome is it to FINALLY have someone good opposite #24?

If we had a MLB worth a ****, we could be devastating, but tight ends are going to take our lunch money all year sadly.

While I agree that our LBs have coverage issues with quality TEs, I thin JDR did a good job of rolling Mike Adams to cover them. He basically shut down Heath Miller.

Bacchus
09-12-2012, 09:40 AM
I think it's imperative this week that the offense gets off to a blazing start. If we can turn the Falcons into a one-dimensional offense and turn VonDoom loose, we can force Ryan into some mistakes.

I agree, Denver is going to have to stay with the Falcons point for point. If they can and the game comes down to turnovers or sacks, then Denver will have the advantage, but Denver has to score and score often.

BroncoBeavis
09-12-2012, 09:54 AM
I agree, Denver is going to have to stay with the Falcons point for point. If they can and the game comes down to turnovers or sacks, then Denver will have the advantage, but Denver has to score and score often.

Bah. I just don't get all the Dirty Bird love. Ryan's going to get ragdolled. Unless Manning struggles, this won't even be a game going into the 4th.

razorwire77
09-12-2012, 10:09 AM
One of the most critical off-season signings. He's going to get a lot of work opposite Champ. It's so nice not to have to watch receivers rag doll and or blow by our CB # 2.

Jetmeck
09-12-2012, 10:25 AM
Well deserved!

After only 1 week, I want to him with a longer term contract ASAP

Lets watch him couple more weeks and if he keeps this up...the FO

better get busy and sign this guy to several years