PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night Football thread

Pages : 1 [2]

menonite
09-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Humans at the game should be scared.

/fixed

Once those Raider fans get a taste of human flesh they go into a frenzy. Chris Berman is going to rumble, stumble and fumble his way right into some crackheads crockpot.

razorwire77
09-10-2012, 11:27 PM
2017 season. Matt Leinhart RAIDER NATION!!! BOW DOWN!!!

Fight_On!
09-10-2012, 11:28 PM
Because Carson Palmer is a wide-eyed youngster.

Hilarious!

Of course, I'm sure Raider fan is betting that by 2015 Matt Leinhart is going to be ready to take reins.

Hilarious! your franchise.

****....the way the Raiders are playing.....they may just be in the Barkley sweepstakes. :yayaya:

maher_tyler
09-10-2012, 11:28 PM
I'm happy with boring. The redzone offense does suck, but the defense looks to be picking up. I was worried it was going to be a closer game with an UDFA at LT and no running game. So I'll take a sloppy win. Most importantly is that Rivers looks better than he did at the beginning of last year.

Raiders are a bad team. I'll be pissed if they best us this year. This game should be a blow out.

Irish Stout
09-10-2012, 11:29 PM
****....the way the Raiders are playing.....they may just be in the Barkley sweepstakes. :yayaya:

And there it is! The first rival's "blow for Barkley," comment.

Jetland
09-10-2012, 11:29 PM
2017 season. Matt Leinhart RAIDER NATION!!! BOW DOWN!!!

how soon you forget about terrelle pryor
HAHAHAHAHA

Broncobiv
09-10-2012, 11:30 PM
And they go for the two point conversion. I'm suddenly reminded why I hate fantasy football...

And your opponent is suddenly reminded why he loves it. :P

Agamemnon
09-10-2012, 11:32 PM
And your opponent is suddenly reminded why he loves it. :P

Actually it was the 2.4 total freaking points that I got from Welker and Witten that really reminded me. This crap is just the icing on the cake.

Xenos
09-10-2012, 11:33 PM
Raiders are a bad team. I'll be pissed if they best us this year. This game should be a blow out.

Both sides had issues. When we face them again, as well as the rest of the division, we're going to have to deal with their receivers coming back.

Fight_On!
HAHAHAHAHA

Not sold on Pryor

Kaylore
I know you whack off to that pic. Doesn't mean you have to share it with the world.

I think everyone needs to see your owner's page boy haircut and camel toe.

Agamemnon
09-10-2012, 11:35 PM
Both sides had issues.

Understatement of the night...

Fight_On!
09-10-2012, 11:36 PM
Both sides had issues. When we face them again, as well as the rest of the division, we're going to have to deal with their receivers coming back.

Chargers capitalized! Plane and simple.

Raiders lack of depth, turnovers and HORRIBLE offensive play calling did them in!

"With the 1st choice in the 2013 draft, the Raiders select QB from the University of Southern California, Matt Barkley."

Doggcow
09-10-2012, 11:36 PM
After watching this game. I'm pretty confident that we win the AFC West.

Fight_On!
09-10-2012, 11:37 PM
I think everyone needs to see your owner's page boy haircut and camel toe.

Hey, if that gets you off, enjoy! :wave:

Broncos_OTM
09-10-2012, 11:38 PM
I know you whack off to that pic. Doesn't mean you have to share it with the world.

back to oblivion with you. better bring your big boy pants if you wanna smack.. cause all j see is you getting slapped like a red beaded step child.

Fight_On!
09-10-2012, 11:39 PM

As long as Noodle Neck stays healthy. :strong:

spdirty
09-10-2012, 11:39 PM
Actually it was the 2.4 total freaking points that I got from Welker and Witten that really reminded me. This crap is just the icing on the cake.

Couldve been worse. You couldve started Buffalo because you do believe in their pass rush and the fact that the Jets offense really sucks and you couldve also started David Wilson because an hour before the game on Wednesday you are unsure that Adrian Peterson will play.

I'd have won had I just started nobody at those 2 positions.

maher_tyler
09-10-2012, 11:40 PM

Raiders lack of depth, turnovers and HORRIBLE offensive play calling did them in!

"With the 1st choice in the 2013 draft, the Raiders select QB from the University of Southern California, Matt Barkley."

I wouldn't say 5 FGs is capitalizing...not with the field position they were getting.

Also, it's obvious that McFadden is your only hope on offense.

Fight_On!
09-10-2012, 11:41 PM
back to oblivion with you. better bring your big boy pants if you wanna smack.. cause all j see is you getting slapped like a red beaded step child.

"...cause all j see....red beaded step child....???"

Ya, you're intimidating.

400HZ
09-10-2012, 11:42 PM

I'd say Denver clinches in November.

menonite
09-10-2012, 11:43 PM
It was like watching a high school football game. Except i won't get busted for ogling the cheerleaders.

Fight_On!
09-10-2012, 11:43 PM
I wouldn't say 5 FGs is capitalizing...not with the field position they were getting.

Who would of "thunk" that a long snapper would make such a HUGE difference.

razorwire77
09-10-2012, 11:47 PM
HAHAHAHAHA

I have about as much chance of being a quality NFL starting QB as Terrelle Pryor.

menonite
09-10-2012, 11:47 PM
Who would of "thunk" that a long snapper would make such a HUGE difference.

I've asked my wife that question a million times.

cutthemdown
09-10-2012, 11:50 PM

Bust.

cutthemdown
09-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Still a lot of football to be played. No reason to say Broncos are going to win anything. Raiders will play us much tougher you can count on it.

Agamemnon
09-10-2012, 11:53 PM
As long as Noodle Neck stays healthy. :strong:

That's really the only hope you have isn't it? Hilarious!

Broncos_OTM
09-10-2012, 11:53 PM
"...cause all j see....red beaded step child....???"

Ya, you're intimidating.

yawns. big boy pants son, big boy pants

boltaneer
09-10-2012, 11:54 PM
Bolt is right, Charger-Raider games are usually low-scoring dull games and I was totally expecting the same tonight with Gaither out and Harris in at LT.

Norv actually impressed me with his play calling tonight because it was what I was hoping for and I was expecting him to be stubborn. Very conservative and not calling deep bombs all game long but he kept Rivers' jersey clean with the quick passes and misdirection plays.

Even though it was the Raider's pathetic offense, the defense looks vastly improved (compared to last year it could only go up though). Because of that, I would expect similar offensive play calling for the coming weeks until Gaither comes back (if he ever does).

One thing though, Norv's red zone playcalling has always been terrible here. The Chargers used to be one of the best red zone teams in the NFL when Marty was here but they've done a 180 since Norv took over. Offensive genius indeed...

Fight_On!
09-10-2012, 11:54 PM
Still a lot of football to be played. No reason to say Broncos are going to win anything. Raiders will play us much tougher you can count on it.

Ha we will see. The D improved, but the O looks like ****. I guess one could play the old "a new O takes longer to gel" card. :yayaya:

Agamemnon
09-10-2012, 11:55 PM

Or we'll blow them out. Trying to say that the future is unpredictable, and then making a prediction kind of makes you look silly.

Fight_On!
09-10-2012, 11:56 PM
yawns. big boy pants son, big boy pants

Uh........ya......uh........ok....

Broncos_OTM
considering this was the first game for each team. divisional game are never easy. still to early to tell who the pretenders and contenders are

Agamemnon
Ha we will see. The D improved, but the O looks like ****. I guess one could play the old "a new O takes longer to gel" card. :yayaya:

Especially when it only has one genuinely good player, and he is made of glass.

Agamemnon
09-10-2012, 11:58 PM
One thing though, Norv's red zone playcalling has always been terrible here. The Chargers used to be one of the best red zone teams in the NFL when Marty was here but they've done a 180 since Norv took over. Offensive genius indeed...

One word. Tomlinson.

Fight_On!
09-10-2012, 11:58 PM
considering this was the first game for each team. divisional game are never easy. still to early to tell who the pretenders and contenders are

News flash! Queefs = pretenders

Fight_On!
09-10-2012, 11:59 PM
Especially when it only has one genuinely good player, and he is made of glass.

If Noodle Neck goes down, the suicide hot lines in Denver will be ringing off the hook.

Agamemnon
09-11-2012, 12:00 AM
News flash! Queefs = pretenders

Oh the irony of a Raider fan making a post like this...

Fight_On!
09-11-2012, 12:05 AM
Oh the irony of a Raider fan making a post like this...

The queefs got PLASTERED by 40+ points. Queefs are pretenders. It would not be surprising to see the Denver Mannings win the AFC west.

Why Denver Mannings? Simple, becuase without Manning, Denver would suck.

razorwire77
Oakland is going to run/bubble screen/dump pass McFadden into the ground by week 6. Then you're really gonna see an ugly offense.

Agamemnon
If Noodle Neck goes down, the suicide hot lines in Denver will be ringing off the hook.

This is the last hope of every fan who knows their team is woefully outclassed within their division: "Maybe their starting QB will go down! Oh please let it happen!"

Unfortunately for you, the medical consensus is that Manning is no more likely to be lost to a neck injury (or any other type of injury) than any other QB. His neck is actually stronger than it was before the injury.

boltaneer
09-11-2012, 12:06 AM
One word. Tomlinson.

That's definitely true but he was here for a couple of years with Norv as well.

For the life of me, I could never understand why he didn't dial up more fades, with Floyd, Jackson and Gates all as great options.

Agamemnon
09-11-2012, 12:08 AM
The queefs got PLASTERED by 40+ points. Queefs are pretenders. It would not be surprising to see the Denver Mannings win the AFC west.

Why Denver Mannings? Simple, becuase without Manning, Denver would suck.

Oh lord, you are clueless. I never said I disagreed with your take on the Chiefs. I just pointed out the irony of a Raider fan pointing it out. Your team is just as bad as the Chiefs. Maybe even worse.

razorwire77
09-11-2012, 12:08 AM
This is the last hope of every fan who knows their team is woefully outclassed within their division: "Maybe their starting QB will go down! Oh please let it happen!"

Unfortunately for you, the medical consensus is that Manning is no more likely to be lost to a neck injury (or any other type of injury) than any other QB. His neck is actually stronger than it was before the injury.

Yep. They were all clinging to the hope that the nerve damage would render him unable to throw a football farther than 6 yards and that his neck would fall off.

Oops.

Agamemnon
09-11-2012, 12:10 AM
Oakland is going to run/bubble screen/dump pass McFadden into the ground by week 6. Then you're really gonna see an ugly offense.

Err...I'm pretty sure what we saw tonight was an ugly offense.

Fight_On!
09-11-2012, 12:11 AM

I'm not hoping, were in my quote do I state or infer hope that Noodle Neck gets injured? All I am saying is that, if Manning goes down the Donkeys are FUBAR.

Medical consensus say that his neck is STRONGER after his injury? They * * * * I N G fused two vertebra in his * * * * I N G neck. S H I T lets all break our necks so we can make them stronger! :yayaya:

razorwire77
09-11-2012, 12:15 AM
Err...I'm pretty sure what we saw tonight was an ugly offense.

Point being. . . when they break McFadden, it will get even worse.

cutthemdown
09-11-2012, 12:16 AM
I'm not saying I think there is a good chance Raiders have a great season. I'm just saying your division opponents will often roll over for one team, or play like crap, then play way better when they play a different division team.

menonite
09-11-2012, 12:16 AM
lets all break our necks so we can make them stronger! :yayaya:

You first.

richpjr
09-11-2012, 12:17 AM
That game was pretty ugly, but I guess that is to be expected with the injuries to both teams. The Chargers got a road division win which is always a big deal. And while Norv turtled up and they couldn't run with Mathews out, their defense looked pretty good except for a couple of dumb penalties late that allowed to Raiders to get a cheap TD. I think I heard Berman say the Chargers have beaten the Raiders 15 out of 18 times - ouch.

Agamemnon
09-11-2012, 12:18 AM
I'm not hoping, were in my quote do I state or infer hope that Noodle Neck gets injured? All I am saying is that, if Manning goes down the Donkeys are FUBAR.

Medical consensus say that his neck is STRONGER after his injury? They * * * * I N G fused two vertebra in his * * * * I N G neck. S H I T lets all break our necks so we can make them stronger! :yayaya:

You keep bringing up the idea of him getting injured. Coming from a rival fan I take that as hoping. And really, any potential contender that loses their franchise QB is FUBAR. It's pretty much a pointless thing to bring up. Unless you are hoping for it...

cutthemdown
09-11-2012, 12:20 AM
Other fans are desperate. The see Manning and realize he's as good as ever. Only an injury can stop him. So they hope, or at least want to think it could happen.

Broncos will only be getting better on offense as season goes on.

Fight_On!
09-11-2012, 12:26 AM
Other fans are desperate. The see Manning and realize he's as good as ever. Only an injury can stop him. So they hope, or at least want to think it could happen.

Depserate.....PFFFT....it's just a ****ing game. I wake up in in the beautiful city of Carmel and go to career I busted my butt in college for and love. I'm a realist, the Denver Mannings should win the West. But how far can he take them, past a team like NE? Balt? I don't think so.

razorwire77
09-11-2012, 12:31 AM

The one thing Denver is missing offensively is a speed back, which is why I really hope Hillman gets activated next week. He could be deadly on that that little Peyton/Indy inside trap play which Denver is also running.

razorwire77
09-11-2012, 12:33 AM
Depserate.....PFFFT....it's just a ****ing game. I wake up in in the beautiful city of Carmel and go to career I busted my butt in college for and love. I'm a realist, the Denver Mannings should win the West. But how far can he take them, past a team like NE? Balt? I don't think so.

But yet here you are, at 12:30 MST/11:30 Pacific posting on a rival's message board hoping oh I'm sorry "just pointing out" the possibility that Peyton Manning might get hurt.

Hilarious!

boltaneer
09-11-2012, 12:34 AM
That game was pretty ugly, but I guess that is to be expected with the injuries to both teams. The Chargers got a road division win which is always a big deal. And while Norv turtled up and they couldn't run with Mathews out, their defense looked pretty good except for a couple of dumb penalties late that allowed to Raiders to get a cheap TD. I think I heard Berman say the Chargers have beaten the Raiders 15 out of 18 times - ouch.

The games when Marty were here were some of the boring games ever. He knows, Norv knows, and most teams know that it doesn't matter who is in charge there: Tom Cable, Art Shell, Al Davis, Dennis Allen. Eventually the Raiders will self-destruct and lose the game themselves.

cutthemdown
09-11-2012, 12:34 AM

Awesome the my life is so b****en I don't really care Raiders suck theory. If you could translate that into street thug you could write a book for the rest of the Raider fans. Then maybe they wouldn't have to be so angry their team stinks.

cutthemdown
09-11-2012, 12:35 AM
The one thing Denver is missing offensively is a speed back, which is why I really hope Hillman gets activated next week. He could be deadly on that that little Peyton/Indy inside trap play which Denver is also running.

Hopefully at some point he gets some carries.

theAPAOps5
09-11-2012, 12:35 AM
The games when Marty were here were some of the boring games ever. He knows, Norv knows, and most teams know that it doesn't matter who is in charge there: Tom Cable, Art Shell, Al Davis, Dennis Allen. Eventually the Raiders will self-destruct and lose the game themselves.

It's uncanny how they year in and year out **** themselves.

Fight_On!
09-11-2012, 12:37 AM
Awesome the my life is so b****en I don't really care Raiders suck theory. If you could translate that into street thug you could write a book for the rest of the Raider fans. Then maybe they wouldn't have to be so angry their team stinks.

If I was 20 yrs old...it would ruin my week. But now that I am 40 yrs old, it's just entertainment. Some eventually get it, others stay in that 20yr old mentality and don't.

Fight_On!
09-11-2012, 12:39 AM
It's uncanny how they year in and year out **** themselves.

The organization is in a MAJOR transition. It will take at least 3 years until RM as the organization running as he envisions it. Will that be good, time will tell.

Agamemnon
09-11-2012, 12:41 AM

That's why they play the games. I certainly don't believe for one second we can't beat those teams. Neither of them is even remotely a complete team. Much like the Broncos.

Agamemnon
09-11-2012, 12:42 AM
If I was 20 yrs old...it would ruin my week. But now that I am 40 yrs old, it's just entertainment. Some eventually get it, others stay in that 20yr old mentality and don't.

For the life of me I can't comprehend how anyone could see being a fan of the Raiders as entertaining.

cutthemdown
09-11-2012, 12:45 AM
The organization is in a MAJOR transition. It will take at least 3 years until RM as the organization running as he envisions it. Will that be good, time will tell.

Why even care your bitchen life will be even more awesome by then.

Fight_On!
09-11-2012, 12:47 AM
For the life of me I can't comprehend how anyone could see being a fan of the Raiders as entertaining.

Football is entertaining.

BTW...you must be a young one. Growing up the Raiders were kicking everyone's A$$ and the Broncos sucked. Most fans stick with the team they grew up with. Back then, I used to wonder how someone could be a Broncos fan.

It's a game, this is just a diversion.

Fight_On!
09-11-2012, 12:48 AM
Why even care your b****en life will be even more awesome by then.

:yayaya:

Captain 'Dre
09-11-2012, 12:48 AM

In three years, guys like Seymour and Palmer will be finished. They'll be starting over AGAIN pretty soon.

theAPAOps5
09-11-2012, 12:49 AM

I think he can get you on track, but like you said who knows. It's such a fine line between the two.

cutthemdown
09-11-2012, 12:51 AM
Fight On you should teach a Raider fan seminar on how to achieve your level of bliss and happiness. If we could get more of them to go to college, and less to prison, think how happy the Raider nation could be. They could actually get off the no fly list and take a trip out of the ghetto to see the Raiders play in those cities they only see on TV..........in the common room.

Then rape, shankings, bike thefts, robbery, street urination, grand theft auto, whoring, would all decrease by at least 80% in the bay area.

Fight_On!
09-11-2012, 01:00 AM
Fight On you should teach a Raider fan seminar on how to achieve your level of bliss and happiness. If we could get more of them to go to college, and less to prison, think how happy the Raider nation could be. They could actually get off the no fly list and take a trip out of the ghetto to see the Raiders play in those cities they only see on TV..........in the common room.

Then rape, shankings, bike thefts, robbery, street urination, grand theft auto, whoring, would all decrease by at least 80% in the bay area.

Why can't kids wera the #18 jersey in Denver? ???

canadianbroncosfan
09-11-2012, 02:51 AM
Why can't kids wera the #18 jersey in Denver? ???

"The number 18 has traditionally been associated with gang culture because of the 18th Street gang in Los Angeles.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2198748/Denver-Broncos-fans-told-wear-Peyton-Manning-jersey-school-18-gang-symbol.html#ixzz269Jg4QIn "

Sounds like because there are too many transplants from Cali Hilarious!

2KBack
09-11-2012, 06:26 AM
Football is entertaining.

BTW...you must be a young one. Growing up the Raiders were kicking everyone's A$$ and the Broncos sucked. Most fans stick with the team they grew up with. Back then, I used to wonder how someone could be a Broncos fan.

It's a game, this is just a diversion.

If you're only 40, you don't remember the Broncos sucking. They have been consistently competitive since the mid 70's.

Raiders were damn good until the last decade or so though

Fight_On!
09-11-2012, 07:37 AM
If you're only 40, you don't remember the Broncos sucking. They have been consistently competitive since the mid 70's.

Raiders were damn good until the last decade or so though

They sucked for a long time. When they did reach the SB, they would get their ass kicked. But enjoy the ride for the next 3 yrs of being the Denver Mannings.

TheReverend
09-11-2012, 07:44 AM
When they did reach the SB, they would get their ass kicked.

http://www.bndsports.com/photogallery/super%20bowl/sb45.jpg

enjolras
09-11-2012, 07:44 AM
Greeley... they can't wear his jersey in Greeley. Which is sort of like Colorado's Los Angeles in that it's a giant hell-hole.

Fight_On!
09-11-2012, 07:46 AM
"The number 18 has traditionally been associated with gang culture because of the 18th Street gang in Los Angeles.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2198748/Denver-Broncos-fans-told-wear-Peyton-Manning-jersey-school-18-gang-symbol.html#ixzz269Jg4QIn "

Sounds like because there are too many transplants from Cali Hilarious!

Uh....my question was a rhetorical question. :wave:

gunns
09-11-2012, 07:48 AM

That has got to be one of the longest "major transitions" I've seen. At least the last decade and still haven't got it right. But that is the Raiders. I'm wondering if it will rival Arizona's, Cincinnati's or Detroit's. The joke of the NFL.

Edit: Forgot to mention another big joke, Chiefs.

Kaylore
09-11-2012, 07:56 AM
The Chargers offensive line didn't look so hot. Obviously if Matthews comes back and Rivers kicks off some rust the Chargers will get better, but their run blocking was average. And Rivers still seemed off. Quite a few high throws especially in the red zone.

Palmer seems to have picked up where he left off. He wasn't bad at all, but he wasn't great. The Chargers bottled up McFadden quite effectively and despite the Raiders trying to give them ball in a variety of ways, he never did any kind of damage of substance.

Obviously both offenses can get better as they are rusty. What should concern the AFC West rivals is Manning looked to have the least amount of rust of all four AFC West QB's. He was out of football for a year and already looks like normal Manning. That has to be worrisome for Chief, Raider and Charger fans.

It is funny seeing Raider fan already mail the division in. Same old story. Raider fans come around here talking smack and then disappear by week two.

Fight_On!
09-11-2012, 08:03 AM
That has got to be one of the longest "major transitions" I've seen. At least the last decade and still haven't got it right. But that is the Raiders. I'm wondering if it will rival Arizona's, Cincinnati's or Detroit's. The joke of the NFL.

Edit: Forgot to mention another big joke, Chiefs.

It's a complete OVERHAUL of the organization. They are not just replacing a coach or a GM but an iconic owner. It takes time, 95% of these players will be gone by then.

Fight_On!
09-11-2012, 08:05 AM
The Chargers offensive line didn't look so hot. Obviously if Matthews comes back and Rivers kicks off some rust the Chargers will get better, but their run blocking was average. And Rivers still seemed off. Quite a few high throws especially in the red zone.

Palmer seems to have picked up where he left off. He wasn't bad at all, but he wasn't great. The Chargers bottled up McFadden quite effectively and despite the Raiders trying to give them ball in a variety of ways, he never did any kind of damage of substance.

Obviously both offenses can get better as they are rusty. What should concern the AFC West rivals is Manning looked to have the least amount of rust of all four AFC West QB's. He was out of football for a year and already looks like normal Manning. That has to be worrisome for Chief, Raider and Charger fans.

It is funny seeing Raider fan already mail the division in. Same old story. Raider fans come around here talking smack and then disappear by week two.

Uh.....I'm here. From the beginning I said that the Denver Mannings should be favored to win the west.

Kaylore
09-11-2012, 08:10 AM
Uh.....I'm here. From the beginning I said that the Denver Mannings should be favored to win the west.

You don't represent 90% of the Raider trolls who come here. Just take my word on that...

We have some great Raider posters. They are actually better than many of the Chief trolls. JossJef for one.

Raider Bill
09-11-2012, 08:36 AM

LOL "Woefully outclassed?"....this isn't exactly the NFC East here. We had everything that could possibly go wrong, go wrong... and they won by 8 points. It took 3 botched punt snaps with the ensuing gift field position to put this game out of reach, no matter how poorly we played.

TheReverend
09-11-2012, 08:42 AM
You don't represent 90% of the Raider trolls who come here. Just take my word on that...

We have some great Raider posters. They are actually better than many of the Chief trolls. JossJef for one.

I agree, but our Chargers posters seem to be the best of our rivals by an EXTREMELY large margin.

broncocalijohn
09-11-2012, 08:43 AM
It's a complete OVERHAUL of the organization. They are not just replacing a coach or a GM but an iconic owner. It takes time, 95% of these players will be gone by then.

By the time it is somewhat "turned around", the 95% number is accurate...they will long be retired or cut.

broncocalijohn
09-11-2012, 08:45 AM

Tyrell Jones and Dont be messin make any decent Raider fan look like a moron. Chargers have the best poster trolls and Chiefs start showing off their myopic fans with KCStud.

gyldenlove
09-11-2012, 08:47 AM

The Chargers are going to struggle running the ball all year, the offensive front is just not good at all. Their passing game was very conservative compared to how it used to be, a lot of safe very short passes, not sure if it was to protect Rivers from throwing picks or it is because they don't have the recievers to open up down field.

Oakland made so many mistakes, if they get Moore back and they can eliminate the mistakes and get a long snapper on the field they will be better than the game yesterday showed. Mcfadden is still a threat every time he gets the ball and the Oakland offense is going to be riding him into the ground until he breaks.

Defensively the Oakland front is strong, but the secondary is so weak. San Diego looked good defending the run, the linebackers were very active the safeties came up, but the pass rush was pretty non existant and the secondary was picked on by journeymen and undrafted rookies.

It is an interesting situation, all 3 other teams will get very good players back (Hali and Flowers for Kansas City, Moore for Oakland, Mathews for San Diego) whereas we are in full strength. I don't think the players that will return will improve the respective teams that much, but it will be interesting to keep an eye on.

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-11-2012, 08:49 AM

Carmel? I live around here too

broncocalijohn
09-11-2012, 09:05 AM
McFadden looks good.

Must have saw one of his few plays and was on a catch. 15 rushes, 32 yards. SWEEET!

Black96WS6
09-11-2012, 09:24 AM
http://cjzero.com/gifs/RaidersFans.gif

Fight_On!
09-11-2012, 09:42 AM
Carmel? I live around here too

Carmel, Ca is beautiful

Fight_On!
09-11-2012, 09:44 AM
The Chargers are going to struggle running the ball all year, the offensive front is just not good at all. Their passing game was very conservative compared to how it used to be, a lot of safe very short passes, not sure if it was to protect Rivers from throwing picks or it is because they don't have the recievers to open up down field.

Oakland made so many mistakes, if they get Moore back and they can eliminate the mistakes and get a long snapper on the field they will be better than the game yesterday showed. Mcfadden is still a threat every time he gets the ball and the Oakland offense is going to be riding him into the ground until he breaks.

Defensively the Oakland front is strong, but the secondary is so weak. San Diego looked good defending the run, the linebackers were very active the safeties came up, but the pass rush was pretty non existant and the secondary was picked on by journeymen and undrafted rookies.

It is an interesting situation, all 3 other teams will get very good players back (Hali and Flowers for Kansas City, Moore for Oakland, Mathews for San Diego) whereas we are in full strength. I don't think the players that will return will improve the respective teams that much, but it will be interesting to keep an eye on.

Ahhhh.....an open mind mind is refreshing.

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-11-2012, 09:52 AM
Must have saw one of his few plays and was on a catch. 15 rushes, 32 yards. SWEEET!

He lost like a third of his total rushing yards on one play. Ha!

Drunken.Broncoholic
09-11-2012, 09:54 AM
Carmel, Ca is beautiful

Yep. Definetly pay for it though

Raider Bill
09-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Hagan is a career 11 YPC guy and he averaged that in the game

DHB is a career 14 YPC guy and he averaged that in the game

Streater is too new to draw any conclusions but projects somewhere in between the 2 IMO.

The 2 guys we had on the sideline are 17-19 YPC guys, and people are wondering why the offense lacked explosion. We get one of those guys and Wiz back and we're fine.

boltaneer
09-11-2012, 12:43 PM

Oh, it was definitely schemed to protect Rivers last night. Very conservative and safe and SMART. Look at what happened last year when McNeill went out with his neck injury against the Radiers. Norv kept the same gameplan in and Rivers got destroyed.

The pass rush was fine. The Raiders were doing a lot of quick passes as well and the defense was playing pretty conservative for the most part also. They did do some MLB blitzes early on that wasn't very effective but the Raiders were doing a lot of max protect to nullify that.

I thought the run d would be better with Franklin and Johnson. But the real surprise is Reyes and Liuget really stepping up. Kind of funny how the front seven may be the strength of the entire team (offense and defense) this season, considering it was probably the weakest link last season.

As for Mathews, he definitely will bring an explosive threat to the offense. Kaylore is right though, the o-line is just not very good no matter who is the RB. But Mathews is 10x the RB Ronnie Brown is at this point in time. Even with the poor o-line, he will hopefully commmand another defender in the box, helping to open things up downfield even a little more. It was nice to see Meachem burn the Raider secondary on the one deep pass he got. Shades of Vincent Jackson, as I predicted. Too bad Gates dropped the other bomb they dialed up last night.

cutthemdown
09-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Gates also dropped a TD pass. Not the way to start his big resurgence. He just doesn't look near as agile to me as he used to, even though he does look slimmed down from last yr.

I was going to draft him in my fantasy league but passed when I had the chance and took my QB instead, Matt Ryan.

I did pick up Flloyd as a bargain in the 10th round. He isn't in my lineup but still was good to see him get a TD. I think he will be the one who benefits from Gates and Meachum. He's sort of always been an underachiever but I have this feeling he will scrape up maybe 8 tds this yr. Maybe even like 60-65 catches for close to 800-900 yrds.

cutthemdown
09-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Also I agree Mathews really needed by Chargers to have a complete offense. The oline is sort of crappy, but Mathews has the speed to get outside, and will run inside.

Brown doesn't have that anymore and his power has never been that great. They really miss Tobert right now.

I really was glad chargers didnt make a run at M Bush. I really thought he would be the perfect power in a 1-2 punch for a team like Chargers. I was worried about Hillis also and then he went to Chiefs.

Still River looked better to me then last yr. Like he is more concerned with playing a bit smarter this yr, rather then trying to keep up with some of the other teams passing games. LIke NE, NO. IMO these qbs and players care more about stats then we talk about. They want to win number 1, but they are arrogant, they want to show off at the same time.

Rivers I think is going to have a pretty good yr people. Also don't think just because Oakland laid an egg they wont play us better. Dennis Allen knows our team pretty well. We really need Kuper back to go against Kelly and Seymore.

boltaneer
09-11-2012, 04:31 PM
I think because of last year's INTs, Rivers seemed to be playing it really safe in the red zone and throwing it where only his receiver had a chance to catch it even if it meant settling for FGs. The Gates throw wasn't a great throw but that's normally one he catches. Considering that the defense was playing well and it was the Raiders, I was fine with the conservative plays and passes. Against a better team, his throws and Norv's playcalling will have to be more aggressive.

GoBroncos DownUnder
09-13-2012, 05:45 AM
Monday night, it occurred to me who he looks like...
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/14012.png&w=350&h=254 http://www.mygamer.com/news_images/4158SquallSnake7.jpg

Hilarious! Can't wait to go to the bar November 4th, so I can shout "Get/Sack/Kill Scott Tenorman!" Hilarious!

broncocalijohn
09-13-2012, 11:04 AM
That has to be worrisome for Chief, Raider and Charger fans.

Remember the good ole days of the Oakland Raiders kicking ass the first 8 weeks to turn into the Chokeland Faiders the last 8 games?
Now they just start sucking right off the bat.

broncocalijohn
09-13-2012, 11:06 AM
http://cjzero.com/gifs/RaidersFans.gif

I remember watching this live and LOL at the stupid kid screaming like a good play just happened and then I believe his Dad says, "STFU son! You are embarrassing us worse than the Raiders on national TV!"