PDA

View Full Version : Doom - Anyone know if something is wrong?

LetsGoBroncos
09-10-2012, 03:50 PM
He just didn't look right to me. Couldn't beat his guy and looked a little slow

broncocalijohn
09-10-2012, 04:14 PM
That guy was a monster he was up against. Did they do any stunts to have Elvis use a different gap?

maher_tyler
09-10-2012, 04:19 PM
I get the feeling they were more geared to stopping the run than rushing the passer. Seemed like the pass rush came alive once we knew they had to throw the ball.

Inkana7
09-10-2012, 04:49 PM
So on Moore's helmet-to-helmet, did anyone else jump out of their seats when Dumvervil was literally tackled as he stunted? I don't think anything's wrong with him, Ben's just hard to sack and the replacement refs are horrible, letting the line do whatever they wanted to our passrushers all night.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-10-2012, 04:49 PM
The Mane = hard to please.

WolfpackGuy
09-10-2012, 04:53 PM
So on Moore's helmet-to-helmet, did anyone else jump out of their seats when Dumvervil was literally tackled as he stunted? I don't think anything's wrong with him, Ben's just hard to sack and the replacement refs are horrible, letting the line do whatever they wanted to our passrushers all night.

Is that who that was?

I brought that up in another thread, but I didn't quite catch who it was that got pulled down by those two Steelers.

That was awful.

Inkana7
09-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Is that who that was?

I brought that up in another thread, but I didn't quite catch who it was that got pulled down by those two Steelers.

That was awful.

Yeah, Doom stunted and I think it was the LG who straight up grabbed his legs and tackled him while another blocker jumped on him. Pretty blatant.

cmhargrove
09-10-2012, 07:10 PM
I just don't see the big deal here. He was obviously being asked to use bullrushes to collapse the pocket and limit Big Ben's scrambles and the run game. Was it the right defensive call? Not quite sure, but we did win.

When Elvis truly rushes the passer, he has an amazing first step and shoulder dip as he rounds the corner. I don't even remember seeing him try running the horn full speed.

He also got his ass worn out from bullrushing a significantly larger player for such a large amount of time. Our defense held up pretty good for being out there so long. Don't worry about Elvis, it was more assignment based than anything else.

LetsGoBroncos
09-10-2012, 07:25 PM
I get the feeling they were more geared to stopping the run than rushing the passer. Seemed like the pass rush came alive once we knew they had to throw the ball.

You mean on all those third and longs they converted Doom was worried about the run? Don't think so

~Crash~
09-10-2012, 07:32 PM
look we were holding just as much. the rplacement Refs are ignoring most of the holding calls big deal.

~Crash~
09-10-2012, 07:41 PM
look I like holding it should be not even called on DBs or OL

theAPAOps5
09-10-2012, 08:04 PM
The Refs have been horrible at calling offensive holding. They latch on to easy calls like illegal formation, which really happens all the time. Guys have been getting molested by OL.

Agamemnon
09-10-2012, 08:13 PM
This again? Pass rushers have unproductive days. It happens. If a month goes by and there's an actual pattern forming, feel free to get worried. You'd think Dumervil had never gotten shut down before or something...

McDman
09-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Doom has always had games in the past where he just does nothing, he will be fine.

BroncoInferno
09-11-2012, 05:55 AM
This again? Pass rushers have unproductive days. It happens. If a month goes by and there's an actual pattern forming, feel free to get worried. You'd think Dumervil had never gotten shut down before or something...

This. He didn't have a single sack through the first 7 games last season, then had 9.5 in the final 9 games (including a stetch of 8 consecutive games of at least 0.5 sacks). Pass rushers are streaky. Besides, he got got a few pressures last night. Not his best game, but he wasn't totally shut down.

TheReverend
09-11-2012, 06:17 AM

That.

Kaylore
09-11-2012, 06:30 AM
look I like holding it should be not even called on DBs or OL

Look I can start sentences with look too.

ThirtyDegrees
09-11-2012, 06:46 AM
The box score said that Elvis got two hits to Ben.

Either way there was a lot of conservative play calling until late in the game and Dumervil was matched up against a better blocker than Miller was.

Chalk it up to whatever you want, an off night, bad luck, etc, but until it happens again I'm not sure there's much to worry about.