PDA

View Full Version : Trade thought...

stoxman
09-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Just a thought.

MIA is in rebuilding mode and covets draft picks (see Vontae Davis for a 2nd trade) just a few weeks ago.

We have a SERIOUS NEED at LB that was not addressed until late in this years draft (so many needs...so little picks).

Therefore...if you are Elway...do you call Ireland and offer mid rounder like a 4th for a stud like Dansby? Maybe Burnett?

Either (especially Karlos who had 9 tackles yesterday and 103 last year) would instantly upgrade our LB crew.

Gotta do something to keep getting better. I would do this in a heartbeat. I realize he's 30 and may only have a few years left but he's still playing well and they have to know they are going nowhere fast this year (yesterday clearly showed that).

Pilfer 'em.

Doggcow
09-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Koa Misi is really solid too. He's still in Miami right?

SonOfLe-loLang
09-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Why would they give Dansby away for a 4th rounder?

TheReverend
09-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Holy **** lol at Dansby for a 4th.

Sorry man, I like you and the intent is spot on, but that's awesome.

I say we throw the 9ers a conditional 3rd for Willis... they have Bowman anyway, right?

stoxman
09-10-2012, 04:31 PM
That is where I would start...Ireland could laugh it off if he wants...he's not a great GM by any means....I would give a 3rd. I would consider a player not central to our plans.

They traded away their number 1 corner who was a #1 draft pick. They are clearly rebuilding....do something. If they want something stupid like a #1 or 2...we just decline.

Again...just a thought. To stay on our present course is to invite disaster as we were exposed last night (not that anyone on this board is surprised at the lack of LB talent from those not named Von).

Crushisback
09-10-2012, 04:31 PM
You'd have better luck going after a guy like Starks. They still have tickets to sell. As a rule of thumb you don't trade players that sell jersey's for just a fourth rounder.

Bmore Manning
09-10-2012, 04:34 PM
I mentioned him before.. I would try to get Larry Grant from the 49ers.

canadianbroncosfan
09-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Just a thought.

MIA is in rebuilding mode and covets draft picks (see Vontae Davis for a 2nd trade) just a few weeks ago.

We have a SERIOUS NEED at LB that was not addressed until late in this years draft (so many needs...so little picks).

Therefore...if you are Elway...do you call Ireland and offer mid rounder like a 4th for a stud like Dansby? Maybe Burnett?

Either (especially Karlos who had 9 tackles yesterday and 103 last year) would instantly upgrade our LB crew.

Gotta do something to keep getting better. I would do this in a heartbeat. I realize he's 30 and may only have a few years left but he's still playing well and they have to know they are going nowhere fast this year (yesterday clearly showed that).

Pilfer 'em.

I like the intention but it would NEVER happen.

canadianbroncosfan
09-10-2012, 04:42 PM
You'd have better luck going after a guy like Starks. They still have tickets to sell. As a rule of thumb you don't trade players that sell jersey's for just a fourth rounder.

Unless you sign PFM!!!!!!! ha-ha

Lycan
09-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Identify the best MLB that could be available via trade or FA and do whatever you have to do to get them here.

I've seen enough of Joe Mays' idea of "coverage" and "tackling" to last several lifetimes.

Bmore Manning
09-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Identify the best MLB that could be available via trade or FA and do whatever you have to do to get them here.

I've seen enough of Joe Mays' idea of "coverage" and "tackling" to last several lifetimes.

Larry Grant of the 49ers... I'll continue to say it.

DBroncos4life
09-10-2012, 04:53 PM
I would go after Vilma or Lofton.

stoxman
09-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Larry Grant of the 49ers... I'll continue to say it.

My thought is there may only be one team right now who is willing to play/make moves for the future and not this year and that is MIA. Evidence was the Davis trade for a draft pick. Other teams will most likely wait til near the trade deadline (moved back 2 weeks this year).

The 49ers certainly have their eye on the big prize and probably won't make any kind of move like this.

eddie mac
09-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Just a thought.

Pilfer 'em.

I'll give you 8.8m reasons why we would never trade for Karlos Dansby if you know anything about this team and our current owner.

Jekyll15Hyde
09-10-2012, 05:14 PM
I would go after Vilma or Lofton.

I think NO is the team to go after. They have the excess to part with and I dont think were counting on getting Vilma back. Ruud is also another instant upgrade

stoxman
09-10-2012, 05:14 PM
I'll give you 8.8m reasons why we would never trade for Karlos Dansby if you know anything about this team and our current owner.

I understand and you may be right but our time to WIN IT is now and next year (possibly the year following only if PFM is still with us).

After last night Bowlen may be able to be convinced to dig deep and go for it. We'll see. I just don't want to be on here after the Patriots game lamenting inaction and the butt whooping their TE's and WR's put on our LB's--kind of saw that last year.

DENVERDUI55
09-10-2012, 05:30 PM
Why would they give Dansby away for a 4th rounder?

Because it was an Orangemane idea.

ColoradoDarin
09-10-2012, 05:30 PM
I don't know if it's feasible, but I like where you're at.

DBroncos4life
09-10-2012, 06:02 PM
I think NO is the team to go after. They have the excess to part with and I dont think were counting on getting Vilma back. Ruud is also another instant upgrade

I brought up Ruud in another thread as well. His play has gone way down hill but maybe he would help in coverage.

errand
09-10-2012, 06:14 PM
I like the intention but it would NEVER happen.

Just like Peyton would never sign with us.....

Just like Broncos would never trade Tebow....

The only time the word is appropriate is when I say "You never know...."

Requiem
09-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Methwolfe is on the block. . . of meth.

orinjkrush
09-10-2012, 06:34 PM
i am so sick of Mays being out of place or whiffing on the tackle and Woodyard being two steps behind.

we coulda had Hightower!@

DBroncos4life
09-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Vilma was placed on the PUP list so scratch my idea for the time being.

BroncoMan4ever
09-10-2012, 06:47 PM

I don't think money is as big a deal to Bowlen as many of us think. Example 100 million for Peyton. I think the franchise believes this is a getting acquainted year for the team. Next year is when I think all the stops are pulled out and we see the team do whatever it takes and spend big

maven
09-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Just a thought.

Pilfer 'em.

I'm surprised the Dolphins didn't trade more players. They decided to tank when Tannehill started. Might as well gut the roster and ship players out for picks.

They can have another Tebow day to fill up the stadium.:giggle:

TheChamp24
09-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Woah, a 4th for Dansby?
I think they need to sweeten the pot to make THAT deal!

Jekyll15Hyde
09-10-2012, 08:03 PM
i am so sick of Mays being out of place or whiffing on the tackle and Woodyard being two steps behind.

And playing our cards right, Wolfe as well

errand
09-10-2012, 09:07 PM

Woodyard led the team with 12 tackles, was around the ball on a lot more plays and also had a sack....so, not sure what game you were watching

DBroncos4life
09-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Woodyard led the team with 12 tackles, was around the ball on a lot more plays and also had a sack....so, not sure what game you were watching

He was talking about in coverage, you know where our LBs got schooled.

Taco John
09-10-2012, 09:38 PM
If we're going to make a trade, we need something on the interior d-line.

theAPAOps5
09-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Unless you sign PFM!!!!!!! ha-ha

:spit:

Bacchus
09-10-2012, 11:30 PM

but then Denver wouldn't have had Wolfe.

DivineLegion
09-11-2012, 05:01 AM
Koa Misi is really solid too. He's still in Miami right?

Koa Misi is terrible! He's worse than Joe Mays in coverage, and he can't tackle.

Jekyll15Hyde
09-11-2012, 09:26 AM
but then Denver wouldn't have had Wolfe.

I dont think so. Wolfe wasnt the best consensus Dline guy on the board when we got him. He would have been available for at least a few if not several picks later. Would he fallen to where we took Brock? Its very possible especially when you consider that Worthy and Still didnt go till 4-6 picks before #57.

lonestar
09-11-2012, 09:32 AM
Just a thought.

Pilfer 'em.

in case you missed the memo the Broncos are rebuilding..

if the guy was 33+ maybe to use until our kiddies come around..

but they are not going to give the farm for someone that they could use tha draft choice on next season..

HEY mods can will put all the stupid trade/pick up cut players in one thread ..

55CrushEm
09-11-2012, 09:46 AM
Well, we all know that our LB's (outside of Von) suck a$$. They simply can't cover downfield. New England, with Gronk and Hernandez, is going to have a fieldday with us.

I'd be open to something soon.

lonestar
09-11-2012, 10:24 AM
Well, we all know that our LB's (outside of Von) suck a$$. They simply can't cover downfield. New England, with Gronk and Hernandez, is going to have a fieldday with us.

I'd be open to something soon.

Well you may know. But I'll put my money on JDR coming up with something.